Eternal Dream
Would you like to react to this message? Create an account in a few clicks or log in to continue.

Thelvalli Saga: Wayward Zodiac

Go down

Thelvalli Saga: Wayward Zodiac Empty Thelvalli Saga: Wayward Zodiac

Post by Vergil Wed Jul 05, 2017 7:04 pm

Music:
Spoiler:

The brisk footsteps of leather boots clacked upon the cold floor of the Emurhalzen Laboratory. A man would find himself before a reinforced steel door. He gave it several knocks with his gloved hand.

"I've been expecting you, Prince Ulderflitz," a voice would respond from behind the door. "You may enter."

Allowing himself in, the prince dusted off the side of his mantle before stepping through to meet the owner of the laboratory.

"It has been quite some time since our last talk, my friend," Ulderflitz addressed him. "As always I am beside myself with great anticipation to see the astounding breakthroughs of the great Professor Horace Emurhalzen. What have you to show me today?"

"Right to the point - you waste no time, young prince," Emurhalzen answered with a chuckle. "I suppose that is one of the many qualities I like about you. Very well, have a look for yourself."

The professor flicked a switch on the wall, activating a line of lamps fixed into the opposite end of the room. The light would reveal the bodies of twelve infants, each one contained and preserved in liquid-filled vats.

"What... exactly am I looking at?" Ulderflitz asked, unable to comprehend.

"The fruits of my research, of course. Each being you see before you has been artificially created based off the mapping of genetic samples."

Prince Ulderflitz walked to each vat and sighed. Being the man of little patience that he was, the prince was quick to demand an explanation.

"Professor, you wrote to me a week ago saying that you had come up with a creation that would turn the tides of this war. Should you fail to provide an adequate proposal on how you intend to use... this... for the Republic of Steigeon, then I can no longer provide funding for you from my father's treasury. I've already gone to great lengths to ensure that the parliament has not yet caught wind of these unsanctioned experiments. Please explain yourself."

"My good prince, you have known me since we first met at Branzul Academy. Long enough to know that my actions are not without proper reasoning."

"And I have yet to hear it."

"Do you not see? I have created human life! They were not born from common blood, for my men have acquired the finest specimens this age has to offer! Follow me."

Professor Emurhalzen led Ulderflitz into another room, one with yet another set of twelve vats containing twelve people.

"Behold, my good prince!" Emurhalzen thundered with boisterous confidence. "Twelve legends of the land! Each one captured for their unique set of talents and recreated into humanity anew! I call them... 'The Hosts.' With their contributions to my research, I have created apex soldiers! Now you see, Prince Ulderflitz, you now have your winning gambit in this war! Go on, take a look at the information I have compiled on each Host."

Reyan:

Ilona:

Serae:

Keir:

Alviero:

Neith:

Astrid:

Patarn:

Svefhea:

Usrius:

Mintaka:

Prysmaria:

Prince Ulderflitz gave a nod of approval at the Emurhalzen's work. "I am thoroughly impressed at the ends you met to obtain these living legends. Not only that, but you've managed to replicate their strengths into... impressionable soldiers. A question still remains, however. Your project has yielded mere infants. When can I expect them to be able-bodied and ready to fight for the cause?"

"I'm afraid they must age at the same rate as other humans do," Emurhalzen said. "Trying to accelerate their growths would cause complications and create more liabilities than what it's worth. Twenty years. I can have them ready to fight in twenty years."

"Do you honestly believe our conflict will last anywhere near as long?!" Ulderflitz snapped in an outrage. "As it stands, our army has not made headway, and the price of recruitment and provisions are beginning to weigh on the republic. War is a costly effort, Professor, and with each day our treasury and our men dwindle and wane. If this goes on, Steigeon's economy will be bled dry and the people will suffer for it. I do not have twenty years to spare, Professor."

"Perfection cannot be rushed, Prince Ulderflitz."

"To hell with your pedantic pride! This has all been for your own personal gain, hasn't it? Oh, how triumphant you must feel, playing the prince for a fool!"

"You have it all wrong, Ulderflitz-"

"I have stood by your vision for many years now, but I'm afraid it ends here. You will receive no more funds from me. I cannot risk parliament discovering what is going on here. I am leaving now, Professor. For the sake of us both... get rid of them."

------

Thank you for reading this little teaser post that took forever. Masq has his Tales of Alidaire, and Zeri has his Adventure of Naletia, so I thought I was long overdue for my own high fantasy-type world. So, here it is: the Thelvalli Saga. This story takes place twenty years after the scene you just read above. The Steigeon-Yildricht War was fought over the Republic of Steigeon wanting to spread their industrialization across the continent, while the Kingdom of Yildricht sought to push the emphasis of the Church of St. Safira. It lasted fifteen years and ended when Kaiser Fardham and King Castel signed a truce known as the "Steildricht Treaty." Professor Emurhalzen could not bear to dispose of his experiment despite Prince Ulderflitz's heed, and sent the infants away to various orphanages and fostering families that would take them. This is where the players (meaning you) come in.

You will be playing as one of the clones created by Professor Emurhalzen. Note that they are not identical of their Hosts, therefore allowing you creative freedom over your character's appearances. The only thing that the Host will affect for your character are their prominent abilities. Each clone will be exactly twenty years of age but will not necessarily begin the story within short vicinity of each other depending on their respective backstories. Each clone is unaware of the experiment and the fact that there are genetic copies of their Host, believing that they are normal humans. The character thread will reveal the current known locations and details about them so that you may choose where you wish to begin your journey. Below will be posted a profile for Prysmaria's clone so that you may follow the same template. As such, you may not choose Prysmaria as a host. Anyway, go nuts.
Vergil
Vergil
Void Sleeper
Void Sleeper

Back to top Go down

Thelvalli Saga: Wayward Zodiac Empty Re: Thelvalli Saga: Wayward Zodiac

Post by Vergil Wed Jul 05, 2017 7:05 pm

Raema Ixian
Appearance:
Spoiler:
Host: Prysmaria Emblyne

Backstory:

After the incident of the Emurhalzen Laboratory, Raema was sent away and taken in by a Yildricht family. Much to her parents’ surprise, Raema possessed the ability to shapeshift into an Aura Dragon and after such a discovery, Raema was told only to use her powers only when her life was in danger. Every summer she was taken to visit the Yildricht family’s relatives in Mavaly, where she spent her time playing with the other children in the vast vineyards. As a teenager, her foster parents allowed her to take up a mage’s apprenticeship at one of Candren’s prestigious academies. She learned quick of the arcane teachings and impressed her peers.

She never pursued further scholarly life beyond her graduation of her preliminary studies, and returned to Yildricht when she felt homesick. To this day, there are only a few who have witnessed her true form.

Personality: Raema is a kindhearted woman who adores her foster family. Though many believe her to be delicate at first glance, Raema proves that she is as tough as they come. She is quick to anger upon seeing the weak picked on, and will often come to the aid of the defenseless. She dreams of seeing the world, but cannot bear the thought of being apart from her loved ones for too long.
Vergil
Vergil
Void Sleeper
Void Sleeper

Back to top Go down