Eternal Dream
Would you like to react to this message? Create an account in a few clicks or log in to continue.

The Compilation

5 posters

Page 1 of 2 1, 2  Next

Go down

The Compilation Empty The Compilation

Post by Azure Thu Nov 26, 2009 10:03 pm

This is as the topic says. A compilation. I will be throwing in random works that I concoct while I am at school and can not come here(to be bored). The works will include short stories, slightly longer stories, maybe a poem or two, and sad speeches I have given to those who've asked for my guidance(as surprising as that sounds).

I'm not creating these writings with professionalism or anything in mind, this is merely something for me to do.

Those Who Fade Away

A heavy snow had befallen the small town of Venera. It gave the impression that soon, maybe things would change for the better, as it covered the dying grass, and the hibernating trees. Adults and children alike cherished the welcome break from work and school. Small parties were held throughout neighborhoods, even some businesses were complying to the fad for the sake of making a few extra dollars. Yes, everyone was happy. Everyone except for those who lived in an isolated settlement along the outskirts of town. They were in mourning, as they always had been on this day, for a beloved family in the neighborhood had died in a tragic fire that nearly consumed their home.

There, all manner of people were gathered in front of the black-stained building where the horrible event had taken place. Flowers were left at what was left of the porch, and a silver-framed picture of the family was nearly overwhelmed with reefs and varying flowers. Those in the dilapidating home's front lawn prayed for the familie's spirits. Even the children, normally occupied with playing video games and sports were acknowledging the anniversary of the familie's death.

All but one person in the neighborhood attended. Ironically, no one thought ill of him for avoiding the unofficial tradition. He did not spend the day doing what he wanted to do, but fasted from gaming, reading, and nearly everything in honor of his friend who was the only child of the deceased family. Every year for the last two years, he has spent the day weeping on his bed, and begging the heavens for an answer to why his friend was stolen from him; and why he couldn't visit him again, if only for a day.
Today was different, however. Near the end of the mourning session, he exited his white and black house to greet his friends who were returning from the scorched house.

"What're you doing out here, Adrian?", one of his friends inquired.

"I...want to go back inside, just one last time.", Adrian looked at the ground, and kicked a rock to briefly distract himself from the certain wave of opposition to come.
"But the place is nearly falling apart!", another warned, clearly agitated by the illogical endeavor. He grabbed Adrian's shoulders, and shook him lightly. "I don't want another one of my friends to die. What happened then was an accident, no one could do anything about it. I'm not going to let you die if I can help it.".
"Rob, I can understand your concern, but if the place hasn't collapsed for the past two years, it won't be today. I'm going whether you want me to or not. Not let go of me", Rob obeyed, releasing Adrian from his grip, and watched with contained anger as he let his friend enter the morbid house. While they watched the door close, they had hardly noticed Adrian's parents had been watching the scene unfold from a distance.
"You can't let him go in alone.", Adrian's father said to the boys, "At least one of you should go with him.", he looked at the burnt building nervously and started his on his spiel again, "I'm not going to tell him to come out because he obviously won't listen to me, but you two should go in, and make sure nothing happens. Eventually he'll come out on his own.", he made sure the boys followed Adrian's example and went back inside his own home.
The inside of the two-story house was as depressing, if not more so than the outside appeared to be. Ash could be seen floating through the air as the movements caused by Adrian disturbed the building's natural atmosphere. Out of curiosity, he had poked a few holes in the walls to test the integrity. Sometime the affected area would crack or cave, other times it wouldn't. After half an hour, he still wandered the complex, but he began to feel uneasy. Although it was only two stories tall, it was exceptionally wide, denoting the familie's once wealthy status when they were alive.
Due to the building's width, it goes without saying that it contains quite a few rooms. One could easily get lost, and this was Adrian's current predicament. Shortly after his uneasiness had appeared, he was inspired by a wave of fear, and collapsed when he saw a shadow against the wall that wrapped his mind in nostalgia, although this may've been due to the environment this was taking place in. He could hear Rob and his other friend, whose name eluded him for some reason, calling out to him. It was unlikely they were near his location, as the building had excellent acoustics in its prime it surely retained that effect now. The last thoughts he had as he began to black out were of how he regretted entering the house in the first place.

When he awoke, he noticed something extremely strange, in fact, it created feelings inside of him that were not unlike those of sheer terror. There was nothing about his environment that was apparently terrifying, however. There were white curtains, the sun shown proudly through the room's two windows, and the bed's covers were made of fine fabrics. All these things would normally cause someone to feel at home. This was not the case from Adrian, however. This room wasn't his room, you see, it was his dead friend's room. He cautiously got up out of the bed, and sauntered the halls. There had significant changes to the house that greatly differed from what he had been beholding only a hours ago. The walls were a bland beige color, as opposed to the scorched black ashy walls he had been poking at earlier, the carpets were now existent, as well as the portraits that were there two years ago.

All was in place, all was in order. He could here arguing in the nearby kitchen, and he waddled in, a little drowsy, for some reason. As he propped himself against the corner outside of the kitchen, the argument ceased. He could see figures, but they were indistinct, due to his poor vision. He put on a pair of glasses he always had on his person, and his eyes widened in amazement. Although, given the circumstances it was not incomprehensible, his friend was alive, and he and his parents looked at him with a happy demeanor. Observing Adrian's confusion, his once-dead companion intended to lighten the mood.
"Hi Adrian! Good to see you weren't roughed up from the fall you had, you were bruised up pretty bad...guess tree climbing wasn't the smartest thing to do, eh?".
Adrian simply stared for a few moments, and then shook his head, "Jake...I thought you were....but clearly you aren't....", he was unable to articulate his thoughts in a coherent manner, as he was dumbfounded at what was happening.
He blinked, as it seemed that Jake's parents had gone while he was trying to get his bearings. If they had left, it must have been incredibly discreet, as their departure went unnoticed.

"Not what? Dead?", came the unexpected reply, "Of course I'm dead, this place burned down two years ago.".
"Wait, what?", Adrian looked around, the house maintained it's bland-yet-beautiful appearance, and he looked back at Jake, finding the situation taking on an eerier form.
"Yeah, Adrian, I'm dead, whether you believe it or not. But you know what? This means something. This means that YOU are dead also. I say you every year at this time, moping over my death. It was nice...but I couldn't bear to see you in such agony, so, since I couldn't come to you, I brought you to me. You see, right now, you're in an emergency room at a hospital in Cutnrand, and they are attempting to revive you from a stroke--or heart attack, whatever they call those things. I'm going to give you a choice, and to be honest, I'm scared to even give you one, but friends don't let friends die if they don't want to, so, you may stay here with me, or, you can go back to your normal life.".
"W-wait, I'm still confused, what about the tree climbing thing you were talking about a few minutes ago?".
"Oh, at first, I wanted to trick you into thinking you just dreamt I had been dead for two years, but...it didn't seem right, so here we are. Now, what's your decision? You're running out of time.".

Adrian thought for as long as he could until Jake called him out of his reflection.
"Well?", Jake asked. "What's your decision, man?".
"I have a long life ahead of me, and friends and family. I'll see you again when I die. I'm just glad I have something to look forward to when I meet Death.".
"Ok.", came the somber reply.
Adrian awoke in a hospital bed alone. He had stitches across his chest, and an IV in his arm. He felt alone, but as if by a stroke of perfect timing and luck, the door opened, and his nameless friend entered.
His curiosity peaked, and he asked, "What's your name? I forgot."
The response was a light laugh.
"I'm serious.".
"It should be obvious. Unfortunately, I have to really go now, seeya.", and he proceeded to walk out.

As the acquaintance began to leave, the light coming in from the window struck him in a way that made him look much like his deceased friend, and Adrian became frustrated at this fact for the remainder of the week. He was even more frustrated at not being able to enjoy the snow that had fallen the day he had his heart attack.
Oddly enough, when school started again, and everyone had to go back to work, the strange boy was nowhere to be seen throughout the school day. When Adrian questioned about what had happened, he was told by his father that the acquaintance, as well as Rob's families had had to move due to a witness relocation program a day after Adrian's hospitalization. Apparently they had witnessed an attempted murder on Adrian while in the scorched home.

As a result of him knowing his dear friend was alive in the after life, he no longer mourned with the others as was the neighborhood's custom. Many people looked down on him for this, but he insisted it was fine.
Time passed and seasons left their mark on the old building, and eventually, it fell, and was replaced by a small convenience store/house. Without the building to remind the small neighborhood of the familie's destruction, they were eventually forgotten by its residents.

Now every year, the blizzard wreaks havoc on the streets of Venera, and all are merry, even Adrian, whose troubles and sadness were long forgotten.
Although, one day at the town's church, he was approached by the pastor.
"I think I may be the only one who really cares about the poor family that died here decades ago....do you remember them? I recall how you always fasted from all of your daily routines to show your respects. Now it is the anniversary again, and you are here at the church, but not in mourning, just because you feel like it. Why?".
It took Adrian a few moments to put the pieces together, and then he had an epiphany that reminded him of what the old man was speaking of.
"Oh, well, you see, I had a heart attack inside the house-
"You were stabbed to near-death by a criminal taking shelter there. He heard other coming, so he fled the house and left the state.", interrupted the pastor.
"Oh...well, anyway, while I was blackout, I suppose I entered the afterlife or something, and I met the deceased familie's son there. He was my best friend, you see.".
"Yes, go on.".
"Well, he said he could do something to revive me if I wanted to live my life and meet him after I died, or I could be left to die now, and remain with him. Obviously I chose to live.".
"Did he seem saddened by your decision?", asked the pastor.

"Well, yes, but I thought it was just because he wouldn't see me for a few more decades.".
"No, you see, the dead have the ability to see the future. He knew what your decision was going to be, and he knew you would eventually forget about him. Time has the effect on us all, you see."
"Wait....that makes sense..he was lying to me at first about still being alive but confessed that he was really dead soon after he lied."
"Well then, he really did know you'd forget. But you know, the dead still have feelings, Adrian. You passing off his death date for just another day very likely hurt his feelings a great deal. I doubt you'll be seeing him again when you've died."
"And how would you know?", inquired Adrian, slightly agitated by the pastor's assumption.

"Well, I became a pastor to educate people about the after life. The other churches work on religion, and so do I. Unlike them, I don't care for the money, or giving the people unnecessary hope. I tell the truth, nothing more, nothing less. In order to perform this job accurately, I'd have to have the ability to see and talk to ghosts, or I'd be no different than the other kooks who talk about Heaven and Hell. Anyway, shortly after your hospitalization all those years ago, Jake told me himself that he had possessed a child and took one last look at you while using the child's body as a medium. He was confessing a sin, you see, as it is a crime to possess a living person's body if you are a spiritual being. Now, as I was saying, he then proceeded to telling me he would never see you again, and began to weep. I asked why, and he said
'You know ghosts can see the future, and I know he will forget about me. I gave him the choice, and he CHOSE to forget about me...before I died, the pastors at other churches talked about fairness in the after life...but it's the same thing, no different....it's just now I know what bad things are going to happen to people, instead of being surprised.', after he told me this, I of course felt immense sympathy for him. I only confronted you today to tell you what he told me, in hopes that you will make your choices more carefully in the future, Adrian.", with those words, the pastor walked past Adrian and out of the churches large wooden doors.

Feeling worse than he had ever felt in his life, he staggered out of the building, and once again became encompassed by feelings of anger. The pastor had vanished, his footprints in the snow ended after only one step on the ground.
"Ghosts....I swear, they just enjoy screwing with my head.".

Adrian took a deep breath, and began to walk home, the coolness of winter his only companion.

The End

Last edited by Aura on Fri Nov 27, 2009 3:41 pm; edited 2 times in total
Azure
Azure
Graced with Good Dreams
Graced with Good Dreams

Back to top Go down

The Compilation Empty Re: The Compilation

Post by Azure Fri Nov 27, 2009 7:39 am

Authors notes on "Those Who Fade Away":

Well, I didn't like the middle of it, when he was meeting his friend, and when he was in the hospital, I improvised poorly there. I altered the original storyline, as well. Originally, Adrian was meant to meet a ghost who was his ONLY friend, and vanished one day as a result of a lunar eclipse, never to be seen again. I think I did a poor job explaining things in the story, but everything was tied together, so it shouldn't be a head scratcher. I had some kind of inspiration to do this, although I dunno where I got it from. I usually stop these stories at the quarter-way point, and then trash it.

All in all, I really liked writing this...and I could careless if you like it, too.

PS:I added a few more paragraphs, if the amount I had wasn't already enough. My dad told me to go to bed, lol.
Azure
Azure
Graced with Good Dreams
Graced with Good Dreams

Back to top Go down

Post by Azure Fri Nov 27, 2009 9:57 am

Frustration

Don't make me mad...
Or I'll rip off your eyelids
I'll kick you in the shin
I'll pour lead onto your skin
I'll impale you in a wall
By the time I'm done with you,
the moon will start to fall

There'll be people takin' bids
On wheth-er or not
You'd be havin' kids
You'll need a lucky clover
Because by the time I'm done with you,
All of Hell'll've frozen over.

I'll send demons from the darkest pit.
To tear you apart.
After your fit
I'll toss you into a cart
You've pushed me off the edge
Now you I will do the same
By the time I shove you off
You will be in-sane.

After what I've done to you...
Life will be your bane.
Azure
Azure
Graced with Good Dreams
Graced with Good Dreams

Back to top Go down

Post by Azure Fri Nov 27, 2009 4:01 pm

End of Days

Not another day...
No school, no responsibilities...
The best thing I can do is sit by the bay.
The sun beats down
And as I look at my watery self
All I can do is frown

The sun is setting now
The town begins to transform.
I find myself passing a man dressed as a cow.
He tells me, "Watch out, here comes a storm."
As he walks out of sight, it begins to rain.

Finally I'm back in my house.
Then comes the rush of pain
As I find myself alone.

I hop onto my sofa and switch on the tv.
It says, "Highway crash, involving sixteen".
Then pictures begin to cover the screen.
I gape as I see my parents' faces gracin' the scene.

I power the box of horror off
As I stare off into space.
My heart is beating at a rapid pace.
And as my tears dampen my shirt
I begin to cough.

The doctor says I've got a disease.
As I bury my head in my hands
I wonder why life has to be so hard to please.
A month of suffering passes.

Now I'm on my death bed, getting ready to croak.
I force out my last words hoarsely
"Please, someone get me a coke."
After I drink the bone-rotting liquid down
I close my eyes and see the light as I begin to drown.
Azure
Azure
Graced with Good Dreams
Graced with Good Dreams

Back to top Go down

Post by Azure Sun Nov 29, 2009 9:50 am

Yes, this is a speech, a blabbery, but it reflects my opinion on life, and so shall it be presented. an optional spiel for all to read.
-----
Love

Oh yes, right to one of the most varied subjects, love. The definition is somewhat mutual, but the reason relationships fall apart is because those in the relationship have different personal morals that define the romance they expect from the other. Some believe it is traditional for the woman to do all of the work. Obviously in present-day society, this is an untruth. Therefore, relationships often fall because a woman is to do all of the housework.

In high school, hormones rage in teenagers, and they get in over their heads with relationships. A perfect example is pregnancy. It happens quite often nowadays, and the teens who are hit with teen pregnancy, I laugh hysterically at. Idiots. I don't care who I piss off with this. Some have their own views, others are influenced heavily by their friends and familie's opinions, but I will be sure to voice mine.

Adults seem to take love for granted, while teens make a big deal out of it, or do not know how to properly handle it. In most high schools, teens shamelessly performs PDAs....no one cares if you're in a relationship, honestly. Your friends will of course encourage it, but PDAs merely show just how insecure and territorial you are over your lover. It is more insulting to everything/one around you and the human race, than it is helpful to you, unfortunately.

Now, public displays of affection are fine to me. But making out in the hallway for 5 minutes is a tad overkill. Holding hands is fine, a light kiss is fine every once in a while, hell, on occasion a hug is acceptable if the other person is going away for a while. But Frenching for well over the acceptable time make others cringe in nausea.

Now I return to pregnancy. At some schools, girls still stick to the semi-traditional act of getting pregnant to keep their boyfriends faithful. I hope they die a slow and painful death at the hands of their lover. Very gruesome and disturbing though it may be, the reason I'm practically gay is because I believe girls to be highly manipulative, and constant schemers. This act of ensnaring their boyfriends in a pregnancy trap does nothing but prove my theory.

I suppose I'll take the opportunity to voice my definition of the...cursed emotion known as love. I believe it to have its ups and downs. All are obvious, and any ups and downs that come to your mind will have already come to mine. Anyway, I think it is something that should really only happen once. Having more than one relationship makes love seem less romantic, and more commercial to me. It makes it seem like "Everyone's a product, all you need to do is pay a few fancy words, and maybe a few tens out of your pocket for a dinner date.", which is unacceptable. You should have a mental list of what you want in a person and leave it at that. Wait until the perfect person walks into your life. It happened to me, and because of certain circumstances, I failed. If I can meet someone practically perfect, anyone else can, too.

Now...a few tips that everyone probably already knows, but the longer the speech, the cooler it looks on the forum post, right? ^ ^;

Getting into a relationship for any other reason than to be with the person for the rest of your life is insane. It should basically be the best friendship in the world. You should know what the other likes and dislikes, so you may not unintentionally enrage them. Spend an appropriate amount of time with the other person. Never expect too much from the other person. Even out the work so both of you have something to do when you get back home. Never suspect the other is cheating unless you've got hard evidence, that alone could destroy a relationship in less than a week. Taking your lover out to dinner every once in a while is nice, too, maybe go to the movies....those are all good decisions to make the relationship a little more based on the aspect of fun.

And that's all I've got. I'm out.

Last edited by Aura on Fri Jan 22, 2010 8:35 am; edited 2 times in total
Azure
Azure
Graced with Good Dreams
Graced with Good Dreams

Back to top Go down

Post by VIII Redeta Sun Nov 29, 2009 10:12 am

I think a lot of people aren't ready to commit because they honestly believe they're going to get hurt. Bah...

A lot of what you said, I agree with--But girls really do that? The whole pregnancy thing? I can imagine "skanks and total whores" doing that, but I didn't realize it was -that- prevalent >>; I'm a sheltered child, lol.

Very nice post~<3
VIII Redeta
VIII Redeta
Fleeting Dreamer
Fleeting Dreamer

Back to top Go down

Post by Azure Sun Nov 29, 2009 10:26 am

I know, right? ^ ^ But yeah, they did that to my dad's friends, and they still do it at my school. > >
Azure
Azure
Graced with Good Dreams
Graced with Good Dreams

Back to top Go down

Post by Azure Sun Nov 29, 2009 3:12 pm

Being Nothing

It's something.
To be nothing.
Everything around you becomes
Something it is not.
You see everyone around you
As Liars who play no role.
You ignore them
For they will steal your soul.

You become cold and alone.
The only happiness you can create
Is the kind that most
Would not understand.
With the winter moon
As your only companion.
You begin to define.
All that you are and
All that you are not.

No one to disturb you.
You begin to ponder.
What is there in life?
Is there truly no purpose?
Or is there more meaning in it
Than we can comprehend?
These thoughts barrage the mind
Of the philosopher.
They constrict you until nothing is left.

The ultimate decision approaches.
Offing yourself at the realization that
There is nothing to your life.
Or recognizing that all the time you have spent
Discovering the mysteries of life
Will have gone to waste with one. Single. Bullet.

Continue on and
You will be something.
You look at the trigger with thought.
End this now
And the pain will end.
End this now
And what will you have done?

With one final act.
You will become.
Nothing.
Azure
Azure
Graced with Good Dreams
Graced with Good Dreams

Back to top Go down

Post by Azure Thu Dec 17, 2009 4:03 pm

New Lease On Life

Well...in light of current events, my life has changed for the....third time. Love is a thing I'd like to have, but know that I can not obtain. I've redefined, but not replaced my moral code. Now, I truly believe that I'll probably end up living alone, semi-miserable, but relatively happy, listening to dark comedy when I get home from work, my work will concern me listening to people cry and mope about their lives(which I for some reason find to be stimulating and interesting), I will attempt to learn all I can in the extra time I have.

I'll finish high school with enough scholarships to go to a decent university in a suburban area in New York. I will totally throw my life away to be an excellent student. Nothing matters but getting through life with as much money as possible. Love's a luxury, it can go burn in Hell. I'll buy a wolf and call it Saber, and live in a small home on the countryside of Alaska. I'll graduate with a Masters Degrees in Sociology in Psychology, and live half an hour away from civilization. I'll never visit my family, and I'll just sit there, go on the computer sometimes, but that's it. I'll have a phone no one'll call. It's be perfect....and lakeside.

I will donate all that I do not need to charities. I will go on an Alaskan cruise every other month. I'll be a functioning alcoholic with a very tolerant liver, and will almost wear a stylish formal suit. I will use the strongest possible hair straightener, even if it's overkill, and will invest heavily into the stock market to triple my finances. I'll just read and read and read to kill time. Maybe sleep if I get bored, or go for a walk with my wolf. I'll right down my best thoughts down and compile it into a book, and publish it. It'll be satirical comedy, of course. I'll live there till I die...no one'll find my corpse.

Yep...got my life planned out. Not really sad imo.
Azure
Azure
Graced with Good Dreams
Graced with Good Dreams

Back to top Go down

Post by Azure Thu Dec 17, 2009 4:36 pm

How Picky Am I?

This is the list I use to scrutinize someone I may or may not like. This isn't anything personal -- at least not by my standards. I'm just wasting time. I'll space 2-line preferences to make it an easier read.

1. Wave-cut hair(it's not wavy at all, just shoulder-length, combed and cut neatly, it's beautiful if done right)

2. Hair color=Any except redheads. I hate redheads....
3. Skin Color=Tan, or Light Tan

4:Male[of course, I MAY be able to tolerate a girl..] (Of course I prefer guys to girls...it's only natural, lol)

5:Not much higher or lower than my weight.

6:Not someone who suffers from dwarfism, or whatever the "short person" thing is called.

7:Not too much taller than me, not shorter than me.
8:Green, Hazel or Blue eyes
9:Optimistic
10:Feminine voice(not the creepy kind, natural...)
11:Feminine facial structure(no plastic surgery, that's creepy)
12:Doesn't believe in the "Dominant-Recessive" thing.

13:Religious, but not too much so(dunno, guess to argue with him over something)

14:At least middle class.
15:Shmart :p
16:Kawaii~ personality
17:Romantic(just the right amount....but overkill is cool too)
18:Likes videogames...that I like(and is good at'em)
19:Likes my screwed up way of life.
20:Loves snow.
21:Likes fog.
22:Doesn't like me for my money.
23:Likes anime and manga.
24:Avoids conflict.
25:Looks good(not creepy) in girly clothing.
26:Not the jealous type.

27:Has/gets a good job when we get into the relationship, or before it starts.

28:Is quite kind and gentle...pure.
29:Doesn't have more than a few unhealthy habits.
30: Hygienic.
Azure
Azure
Graced with Good Dreams
Graced with Good Dreams

Back to top Go down

Post by Azure Fri Dec 18, 2009 10:03 am

Purity(aka "Be Careful What You Wish For")

(Note, this story will be using a mixture of script-text and normal actions descriptions. I'm just testing this technique to see how this works for me.)

---Story---

Fall was approaching, the leaves were beginning to change in color, and the ground was graced by the leaves that had already fallen from the great trees lining the sidewalks near Oakland High School. The sign promoting school spirit read, "Go Wildcats!", of course, only the preppy students had even a shred of school spirit. It was simply another day in hell. The hallways had teal-colored lockers, and the floor tiles were a bland white, almost everything was white. Walls, ceiling -- everything. I saw so many students in the halls, just chatting their lives away in their pathetic little cliques.

I was the stereotypical "new kid", I had no friends, and was the guy everyone practiced their spitball techniques on. I mean, even the girls do that to me, which is pretty bad. School went by quickly, the usual happened. I got beat up for lunch money, I was the target for spitball practice, and I left early do to a nasty cough I had faked. I walked through town, passing stores and such, nothing too eye catching, really. It was a very boring town to live in. I turned a corner, and one of my friends from the middle school was happening to be skipping school, too. His name was Dan Cannerson, he was a normal, preppy idiot, with hazel hair, black eyes, and deathly-pale skin. Although I'm always overcome with beating him up, he was my only friend in this hell hole.

Dan:Hey Alex! I didn't know you skipped school, too! Cool, now we can hit the arcade! ^ ^
Alex:Ehhh, no thanks.
Dan:Why not?
Alex:I just came back from school, and as you can see...I'm in a pissy mood.
Dan:Yeah, your hair looks kinda...wet.
Alex:Swirly.
Dan:Oh well, tough luck, man. I'll be at the arcade if you wanna talk.

The preppy bastard passes me, and I sigh with relief. He's finally gone, and I can enjoy a nice peaceful day alone. I wonder sometimes whether he's just being nice to me to make fun of me to his friends, or if he really gives a damn. As I walked, something caught my eye. A generic fortune-teller's shop. Of course, I couldn't care less about the shop, but the poster on the window intrigued me.

It didn't say anything about crystal balls, or palm reading, but something I had never really heard a fortune teller do before around here. "Aura reading, free.", the word "free" was the key for me. It wouldn't really hurt to take a peek inside, anyway. I looked at the store's hours, it'd be closed in half an hour...in fact, the store was closed well before school let out, so I guess this happenstance was a lucky one. I open the door, and poke my head in, and look around.

No one was in here. I cautiously stepped in, and wandered through the aisles. Nothing valuable was on the shelves, some canned food, paper weights, some magazines. I began to question whether or not this was a fortune teller's store, or just a front of some kind. Then, a voice called out, and it was definitely the psychic's, since no one else was here.

Psychic:What do you want?
Alex:Uh, I'm just browsing...
Psychic:Well, if you want, you can have that aura reading you were so interesting in when you first walked in.

I was taken by surprise at this lucky prediction, but then again, anyone would assume a person went anywhere because it had good deals.

Alex:Alright then, where are you?
Psychic:Behind you.

I turned around, and jumped. I expected this, but was still a little perplexed by the fact I hadn't heard her approach me.

Psychic:It's black. You're a person whose aura never ceases to piss off others. You obviously attractive negative and unwanted attention.
Alex:Yeah....how do you do that?
Psychic:You're my first customer in years, so I'll give you the power to do this. Now, I must warn you of the side effects so you can't sue me for unwanted results. You will see everyone's aura. I'll give you a pamphlet for you to reference.

The psychic handed me a small blue pamphlet, and when I opened it, it indeed listed many types, or colors of aura.

Psychic:When you leave this building, you will immediately have the power to read aura. It will probably be overwhelming, at first. Oh, by the way, sunglasses inhibit your sight, so if it really is too much, just throw on some shades. The first night, you'll experience head aches, and after a week, they should cease completely.
Alex:Alright, thanks. crazy bitch.

The psychic looked at me with clear agitation, and smacked me. It stung, badly, and I think a few tears rolled down my face as I walked out of the building. My insulting thought angered her, but it did not persuade her to take back the ability she promised to me. Luckily, not many people were outside. I saw a random person walking down the sidewalk on the other side of the road, and their aura was red. I flipped open the small pamphlet I had been given, and it was in Spanish. Damn. At least it was color-coded. The description read:

Red-The most commonly found aura in present days. It stands for passionate materialistic thinking.

The description seemed to read true, as this man was clear wealthy, he wore a business suit, and had a suitcase in hand. I knew I'd have fun with this. In fact, now I can focus on making friends with people at school who don't really hate me, but simply go with the crowd...unfortunately, I've been "sent home", so I can't really go back. I perked up, an idea had popped into my head. "Maybe I can use this on Dan to see if he's bullshitting me...yeah, that'll be awesome!", I ran to the arcade, and walked in. There he was, on the DDR machine, of course.

---End Chapter

Authors Notes:

If Alex has thoughts in the paragraphs, it'll be color-coded dark red.
Azure
Azure
Graced with Good Dreams
Graced with Good Dreams

Back to top Go down

Post by NicolaSalociN Sat Dec 19, 2009 12:20 pm

This is really cool. This is kinda what I do with my myspace blog when I get on there... write a story, poem, etc. It really refreshes your mind. Good Job~
NicolaSalociN
NicolaSalociN
Tormented By Nightmares
Tormented By Nightmares

Back to top Go down

Post by Silver Sat Dec 19, 2009 2:43 pm

I love the idea behind the story. I once had a character like this, and evn a whole story planned out, but never got to writing it...
Silver
Silver
Prince of Dreams
Prince of Dreams

https://www.facebook.com/pages/Xavier-Rains/314656341904106

Back to top Go down

Post by Azure Thu Dec 24, 2009 8:02 pm

I thank you both for commenting on my stories...not sure if I'll continue the script-story, or not. I need to learn how to describe things in a more articulate way. Of course, I thank those who've viewed the thread, and given it so many views.

Since it is nearly Christmas, I'll try my hand at typing another poem in the holiday spirit.
----
My Christmas

The perfect Christmas...
The best I could possibly conceive...
Snow paints the dead grass white.
The sky is the beloved spectrum of dawn.
Yes...this is...the perfect Christmas.

There's no pretty red and green lights...
There's no tree...
No presents....
Nothing.
All I see is what lies beyond a window...
Looking out at the sea.

I begin to think to myself.
What could this have been?
What could have been different?
Where did I go wrong?
Why must I drink on this holy day?
Why must I be alone?

In houses all across the world
Friends and family rejoice.
Children cheer, couples kiss.
I don't ask for much on this day of giving.
This day of receiving.

I don't need the things I mentioned before.
I don't need kids.
I don't want family.
I want only one thing.
Someone to care.

Someone to care about my pain.
Someone who is caring and sharing.
They don't need to love me.
They don't have to do anything
But be themselves.
This is all I ask of someone.

But no one will come.
No one did come.
It's my own fault, I suppose.
But I'm just fine.
Just me and my whiskey.
Embracing the Christmas cheer.
----
You may sometime notice I write poems when I don't have the time to write a short story, or am too lazy to... ^ ^;
Azure
Azure
Graced with Good Dreams
Graced with Good Dreams

Back to top Go down

Post by Azure Sun Jan 03, 2010 8:04 am

Parents...

I don't speak of them in general, but I'll just rant about my own. They have quite effectively ruined me, and lied to me, and because of how much I hate them, I didn't even deem the rant's title worthy of modification(other than the color orange, as it is psychologically tested to induce needless aggression). My mother is strict -- too strict. She actively tries to find a reason to punish me. All day. Every day. My dad is too traditional, and believes that everything is perfect unchanged, I hate that. And he's a walking oxymoron, technically, since he says he isn't religious, but he really is, I mean, he often references to the afterlife, and has told me that taking the lord's name is vain(done it a bunch of times due to video game RAGE) is counted as a curse word.

My parents even screwed up my hair and teeth. They gave me water that screwed with the development of my teeth and they became misaligned. So I required braces, which'll be thankfully be coming off in a few months. Then they...cut my hair when I was a kid. It was all nice and straight....and now it's become a nightmare. Those bastards...they'll get what they deserve, definitely. I'll go against every wish they have, unless it benefits me. Unless my cousin has children, the family line has reached its end with me. I'll move far away from them(as I've said in past posts) to Alaska, so they'll have to spend a lot of cash to even get to the state, but they aren't going to know my phone number, or my addresses.

They even screwed up my first chance at love, because they wanted to "pack up early" during a cruise. They also lied to me when I was a kid about taking me to Disney World(which I've never been to, thank god) if I got straight A's on my report car din 2nd grade. And when it comes to promises, they "conveniently" forget them. When I walk out of those college/university doors, they won't see me again, I've even assured them of that. They know, but they aren't taking me seriously. Good. They deserve every misfortune that befalls their wretched existences! And hopefully, when I've settled down and gotten a good, steady pace in life, they'll die. Then I can inherit the 1 million dollars of life insurance. ^ ^

I know, I'm probably being really cruel. And someone'll bound to say, "they gave you life though". Excuse my language, I have no other way to say this. *clears throat* FUCK life. If I had known how horrible it'd be, how humanity was, and how I'd have to work my entire life after graduating high school, I'd've killed myself when I was 7. But...I didn't. So I see that I have wasted so much time learning all this stuff about life, and becoming mildly educated, and it'd be a waste of not only my time, but everyone else's if I bit the dust now. People who commit suicide are selfish losers who are weak, and can not withstand the worst life has to offer. I may not be able to withstand what they ran from, but I will make sure not to flee when faced with it.
Azure
Azure
Graced with Good Dreams
Graced with Good Dreams

Back to top Go down

Post by Azure Fri Feb 05, 2010 6:50 pm

Ice

Like ice...I am
A different form
Formed of an all too basic basis.
As a flake drifting through the storm;
I am unique among the unique.
But, all that I ultimately am is a nuisance to most.

I am frail, yet impermeable.
Pryers will slip and slide
Without ever getting to the core.
The part that froze first.
My Genesis.

Just like snow my heart is full of color
Yet it appears as just one.
Ironically, not white;
But frost-burnt.
From the torment of a raging blizzard.

Like Winter, only one thing can change me.
Make the chill fade away.
The radiant warmth of a soul
One that carries with it the balance of Spring.
When the flowers begin to bloom
The ice left behind will melt
To bring a dream to fruition.

Last edited by Aura on Sat Feb 06, 2010 10:51 am; edited 8 times in total
Azure
Azure
Graced with Good Dreams
Graced with Good Dreams

Back to top Go down

Post by Masquerade Fri Feb 05, 2010 6:57 pm

Wow, Aura. O.o That was really good~~~ Nature is such a good object to incorporate symbolism and metaphorical language. ^ ^ Winter and Spring. Complete opposites. Such a beautiful juxtaposition, no? =3
Masquerade
Masquerade
Eternal Dreamer
Eternal Dreamer

https://eternaldream.forummotion.com

Back to top Go down

Post by Azure Fri Feb 05, 2010 8:07 pm

Ah, thanks. I'm getting hit by a blizzard right now, so I used it as inspiration. ^ ^

I really want to interpret some stuff, but poetry should be interpreted by the individual, since it helps with mental growth....must....refrain....from spoon feeding info...
Azure
Azure
Graced with Good Dreams
Graced with Good Dreams

Back to top Go down

Post by Masquerade Fri Feb 05, 2010 8:20 pm

Ah. As you are being hit by a blizzard, I'm being hit by a rainstorm. Tornado and Flood Watches for everyone~~~

But yesh. I agreed with your snowflake thing; don't know why you got rid of it 'cause it made sense. =3 But you're also right that it should be left to the individual to interpret. That's what we do in our English classes, after all. XD
Masquerade
Masquerade
Eternal Dreamer
Eternal Dreamer

Back to top Go down

Post by Azure Fri Feb 05, 2010 8:33 pm

I couldn't figure out how to word the snowflake thing, so I left it. But I edit the stuff I post here every once in a while, I'm sure this poem'll be on my priority.

People at my school wouldn't've been able to even understand the snowflake thing...bleh.

Edit:Ah, yes, fixed up the 'uniqueness' line(s), now it is all nice and easy to look at.
Azure
Azure
Graced with Good Dreams
Graced with Good Dreams

Back to top Go down

Post by Azure Wed Mar 03, 2010 3:30 pm

"The Slower We Move The Faster We Die..."

A little depressing...just a warning.

Have you ever wondered what the meaning of life is? Well, I come today bearing mine, or at least my perspective on such a curious subject. You live your life, whatever economic standing, or family repute may be for seventeen or eighteen years. Along the way, you make friends...lose lovers and loved ones. Hell, if you're lucky, you'll lose a soul mate, and be broken enough to see through the cracks in the shroud everyday life casts over the unsuspecting. You'll see betrayal, you'll experience it, and you may even commit it.

To me, life isn't the test that religion pacifies it as. It's more. It's your chance to make your mark, and when it's all over, you'll wish you'd done more with the time you had. The key is patience. Eventually, everything you want will come to you. I'm not saying to not take action, because you won't be rewarded for something you didn't do.

Anyway, I'll just bust out a brief summary of what my life will be:Alone forever, psychiatrist for a company, game programmer as a hobby. Living in a normal house in a cold, cold region.

Love is not necessary.

Obviously people will say, "Don't you want kids?", "Don't you want someone to talk to?", "What about marriage?". Come on. Kids are nice till they get corrupt and think celebrities are gods, marriage is just a nice way of saying "Be forever tortured by the one you love", and you're surrounded by people to talk to everyday, and there are psychiatrists. Can't be too hard to vent. Oh, and no matter what happens, you were born alone and will die alone. Sure, twins and the like weren't born alone, but they were essentially just a copy of the other. Technically, a less wholesome being dies in that scenario.

Why have kids? So they can suffer too? Become ill, lose everything at the risk of having something? Pointless. Why do some people say, "I'd die for my lover"? Why would you even think for an instant about leaving the most important person in the world to you alone on a cruel world? A noble gesture, but ultimately a form of torture. Your spouse would more than likely commit suicide themselves afterward.

Now comes my meaning to life. My real meaning. You make your mark on those you meet, and thus make a mark on the world. You work relentlessly to appease the government by working somewhere you enjoy to work at, and by having a job you love to do. When you've gotten off the ground and are proceeding into adulthood, never stop moving, I'm sure the title emphasizes a little on that. Fall in love if you can, but make sure it's the real deal. Do it once, if you can stomach the fact that some people were meant for only one other person. Don't fall in love because it's expected, or for purpose, but do it because it makes not only you, but the other person among the happiest in the world. Have kids, but know that you've subjected another unsuspecting being to a lifetime of torture, just to propagate your line. When you reach your elder years, enjoy life more, go on vacations, and see the world.

And finally, when it comes to your death bed, do not beg for your sins to be purged. What you did in your life is what you did. The purging on sins on your death bed is an easy way out that signifies weakness. Whatever Hell lay before you on the other side is reserved for you and the pain you unknowingly may have caused to others.

This is a general view, and although it is posted in the context of this forum, it is meant for everyone. Of course, this is merely what I believe, but I do so love flame wars for those who wanna take a whack at it. Twisted Evil

Although, seriously, comments are always nice. Lets me know someone took a good look at this post.
Azure
Azure
Graced with Good Dreams
Graced with Good Dreams

Back to top Go down

Post by Azure Tue Mar 09, 2010 9:03 pm

The Unhealthy Anthem

I pledge to myself;
To keep my room asunder,
To become one with my couch,
And to make my fingers...
The strongest parts of my body.

I pledge to protect;
My food, and all of its unhealthy appeal.
I will save myself by throwing my parents
Under the bus of my titanic laziness.
And I promise to work hard to keep my work ethic weak.

I pledge allegiance.
To the couch, the tv,
And all of Earth's wonderful delights.
My land, our land, the basement.
One person, under ground,
With chicken, video games, and tv for all!
---------
Just something that sprung from boredom....but I guess since it was born from laziness, it suits itself, length-wise.
Azure
Azure
Graced with Good Dreams
Graced with Good Dreams

Back to top Go down

Post by Masquerade Tue Mar 09, 2010 9:37 pm

. . .

X_x

"To become one with my couch?" ^ ^;;;
Masquerade
Masquerade
Eternal Dreamer
Eternal Dreamer

Back to top Go down

Post by Azure Wed Mar 10, 2010 7:24 am

Yeah...wanted to make it as weird as possible. But obviously the term "couch potato" comes to mind when you think of an unhealthy slob.

And holy crap, before I wrote this, his thread had like 245 views....it went up by 20? lol. Someone must've liked it;. ^ ^;

And no, this does not apply to me. I'm one with my laptop.
Azure
Azure
Graced with Good Dreams
Graced with Good Dreams

Back to top Go down

Post by Azure Sat Mar 13, 2010 8:10 am

So...Why ARE All The 'Good Looking Guys' gay?

You see...after a bit of observation, a dose of common sense, and some obvious proof, I know why. I believe nearly every girl(at my school) has said this at least once. They get dumped, they bitch, they talk about how much they hate guys, then go back out into the field and lose again. As if they didn't expect that. They have to be smart enough to actually choose who they want, and not just go with the flow. Going with the flow, you'll allow yourself to be lead astray from your actual destination or goal.

Now, getting to the point. First of all, there are nearly enough good-looking gay guys. They all look like muscular assholes to me. Yet girls swoon and swoon. I watched this happen on a cruise even. Girls crowded a guy for every second of every day. When we were alone he screamed and yelled about how annoying they were. There's the reason. Too much of a "good thing". Like a mob of zombies, fan girls unintentionally tear the object of their desire apart. Mentally, of course.

Since this was such a short rant, I'll follow up with a poem that came off of the top of my head(as they all do) ^ ^;
----------
Smooth Sailing

It's all wrapping up.
11th grade is almost over.
After 12th grade, though;
All the total dicks.
All the stuckup chicks
Won't be a problem. Not anymore.

I'll have thousands of dollars worth of scholarships.
But I won't need'em. It was for fun. I was bored.
No, the parasite, those that cheat the country of their money.
They will feed my aspirations, pay for the life I will soon lead.
Someday that will be my past. But for now,
It is my future.

The road ahead is a fog, still.
Is there a road block?
Or worse, a cliff?
Sometime I think I'm aiming too high,
But when I reap my rewards, I'll be glad I aimed past the sky.
The heavens will not retain me, nor will the chains of hell.

My determination is incorruptible.
There may be a fork in the road, but,
Whatever road I choose, I MAKE it the right one.
But for now, I have no wind to sail along.
Scholarships are for seniors, though I am not.
Repute is far from my grasp, but my car gathers it for me.

These are sacrifices I must make.
Love? I do not go to school to make friends.
I will not go to work to make friends.
It is all about the job. I have no time for the aesthetics.
Alone, the boat may rock before a sea of troubles.
But still, I will prevail. I have nothing to lose, and everything to gain.
Azure
Azure
Graced with Good Dreams
Graced with Good Dreams

Back to top Go down

Post by Sponsored content

Sponsored content

Back to top Go down

Page 1 of 2 1, 2  Next