Eternal Dream
Would you like to react to this message? Create an account in a few clicks or log in to continue.

The Eternal Nightmare Chatterbox Thread- V.9

+10
Lady_zero
Eonis ♪
Zerifachias
Plattack
Dwaggy Sama~
Silver
Cerani
Via
Kurio
Masquerade
14 posters

Page 38 of 40 Previous  1 ... 20 ... 37, 38, 39, 40  Next

Go down

The Eternal Nightmare  Chatterbox Thread- V.9 - Page 38 Empty Re: The Eternal Nightmare Chatterbox Thread- V.9

Post by Cerani Thu Jan 28, 2010 8:24 pm

Hehe, yes Via. You're still special. At least until Masq gives his official standing on the matter.
Cerani
Cerani
Right Hand of Destruction

Back to top Go down

The Eternal Nightmare  Chatterbox Thread- V.9 - Page 38 Empty Re: The Eternal Nightmare Chatterbox Thread- V.9

Post by Via Thu Jan 28, 2010 8:25 pm

In a good way or bad?
Via
Via
Heavy Sleeper
Heavy Sleeper

Back to top Go down

Post by Masquerade Thu Jan 28, 2010 8:26 pm

Anyone read Civil Disobedience by Henry David Thoreau?? It's actually pretty good. I'm reading it right now. XD

And you can stop being special, Via, after you start nerding out like me about transcendentalism. ^ ^
Masquerade
Masquerade
Eternal Dreamer
Eternal Dreamer

https://eternaldream.forummotion.com

Back to top Go down

Post by Zerifachias Thu Jan 28, 2010 8:27 pm

Bereits gesehen is german for "Already seen" :3

I'll have to remember that as I continue to learn the language~<3

@Masq: I was forced to read it for my English class.

Thoreau has some pretty awesome stuff in there. xD
Zerifachias
Zerifachias
Totes-Mcgoats
Totes-Mcgoats

Back to top Go down

Post by Cerani Thu Jan 28, 2010 8:28 pm

Well, I was going to say in a good way . . .

Masq, I truly prefer more mind-bending matters. Maybe that's why I fall beind on my homework so often?

Ah well, I need to go to bed and get more sleep tonight. I'm not sure I could take another day of headaches and pains in my eyes . . .

Good night everyone. <3
Cerani
Cerani

Back to top Go down

Post by Via Thu Jan 28, 2010 8:28 pm

Okay .. really .. why do you gotta use that HUGE word when im enjoying being smart... It does not help...
BE RIGHT BACK... NOw I gotta go search for the definition of that word.!!!
Via
Via
Heavy Sleeper
Heavy Sleeper

Back to top Go down

Post by Zerifachias Thu Jan 28, 2010 8:30 pm

Really Masq? Transcendentalism? You know that most of the people on these forums don't even know what that means? XD
Zerifachias
Zerifachias
Totes-Mcgoats
Totes-Mcgoats

Back to top Go down

Post by Cerani Thu Jan 28, 2010 8:30 pm

Transcendentalism . . . don't worry Via, I don't even know the definition, and quite frankly it probably doesn't matter whether we know it or not.
Cerani
Cerani

Back to top Go down

Post by Masquerade Thu Jan 28, 2010 8:32 pm

No. It doesn't matter. ^ ^ Transcendentalism was back in the early 1800s. Its ideas have long since evolved, but the things Thoreau mentioned actually have some relevance to today's situation surprisingly, especially what he mentions about corporations not possessing consciences. XD
Masquerade
Masquerade
Eternal Dreamer
Eternal Dreamer

Back to top Go down

Post by Zerifachias Thu Jan 28, 2010 8:34 pm

The system is corrupt! x3

The government, corporations... hell, even churches are corrupt.
Zerifachias
Zerifachias
Totes-Mcgoats
Totes-Mcgoats

Back to top Go down

Post by Masquerade Thu Jan 28, 2010 8:36 pm

Yesh. Yesh it is corrupt. For a while, of just reading the book, I thought him more of an anarchist. But knowing transcendentalists, they only wanted a better government; he even mentions that once or twice. But those ideas seem so radical, especially in those early years, but I love it~!! X3
Masquerade
Masquerade
Eternal Dreamer
Eternal Dreamer

Back to top Go down

Post by Via Thu Jan 28, 2010 8:37 pm

Whatever... brb gotta get my INHALOR! before I die cuz I need my huge tonsils removed + astma + panic = via not breathing= scarey thaough= via crying = via being crazy = via's ghost= ME!!
Via
Via
Heavy Sleeper
Heavy Sleeper

Back to top Go down

Post by Zerifachias Thu Jan 28, 2010 8:39 pm

Radicals are my best friends. No joke. I love wild ideas that just seem so out there.

Hence why I didn't like Obama or McCain. Obama said the same thing all the democrats said. "Change." McCain was pretty much the same as Bush.

I would rather support someone with different ideas than what his or her party favors the most. But that's just politics.
Zerifachias
Zerifachias
Totes-Mcgoats
Totes-Mcgoats

Back to top Go down

Post by Masquerade Thu Jan 28, 2010 8:41 pm

True that. It's pretty much reached the point where we need someone that thinks outside the box or the two parties need to join together to come up with something to actually save us which is pretty outside the box in itself. ^ ^; Buuut, I can't see that happening anytime soon, thus we are doomed. What a shame~~~
Masquerade
Masquerade
Eternal Dreamer
Eternal Dreamer

Back to top Go down

Post by Via Thu Jan 28, 2010 8:44 pm

I have aunts and uncles that are realy political... it annoys the crap out of me cuz everybody seems to be on a diferent party.. and results in hard feelins

And im 13 , and dont need to worry about that kinda stuff , cuz I worry more about money then my own parents ...

but yes so...

Razz i lost my inhalor. i scared..
Via
Via
Heavy Sleeper
Heavy Sleeper

Back to top Go down

Post by Zerifachias Thu Jan 28, 2010 8:46 pm

What needs to happen is that all of the old coots in there need to be kicked out and replaced.

The citizens of America actually have the power to kick off anyone in Congress, if there are enough votes to do so. It says so in the Constitution or the Declaration of Independence, I forget which~<3
Zerifachias
Zerifachias
Totes-Mcgoats
Totes-Mcgoats

Back to top Go down

Post by Deegamah Thu Jan 28, 2010 8:48 pm

We're being steered by a new captain every few years. Who thought this was a good idea?

More importantly...
Why was France ripe for a political, economic and social revolution by 1789?

Answer it. ^^
Deegamah
Deegamah
Void Sleeper
Void Sleeper

http://www.eadopt.webs.com

Back to top Go down

Post by Masquerade Thu Jan 28, 2010 8:48 pm

But that's a major percentage of the Congress, unfortunately, so many replacements would have to be made. The youngsters are the ones with the more revolutionary ideas, but they never get a chance to voice them because of their "inexperience" which might turn out to be the best thing for the country, am I right?? XD
Masquerade
Masquerade
Eternal Dreamer
Eternal Dreamer

Back to top Go down

Post by Via Thu Jan 28, 2010 8:50 pm

Oh wow, nothing makes me happier than a good warm pretzle , a nice game of yoshi, and a nice cold cup of Welches Juicy Juice with crushed ice so i dont choke..

Dang ..I feel like a 3 year old
Via
Via
Heavy Sleeper
Heavy Sleeper

Back to top Go down

Post by Deegamah Thu Jan 28, 2010 8:51 pm

Masquerade wrote:But that's a major percentage of the Congress, unfortunately, so many replacements would have to be made. The youngsters are the ones with the more revolutionary ideas, but they never get a chance to voice them because of their "inexperience" which might turn out to be the best thing for the country, am I right?? XD
Or, it might turn out that traditions are the better course of action. Radical ideas are just that, radical. There is no guarantee behind them. Traditional actions are tried and tested, actions that can be relied upon.

French question, anyone? xD
Deegamah
Deegamah
Void Sleeper
Void Sleeper

Back to top Go down

Post by Zerifachias Thu Jan 28, 2010 8:52 pm

Exactly! The old codgers in Congress are too corrupt to realize that we have bright, young men and women with extremely radical ideas that this country is desperate for! Think of how young the Congress was back in the 1700's. They were revolutionaries! Now, Congress has turned to a house of fat slobs that think that the "old way" is the best way!

Every empire fails eventually. We have the only system of government that has survived the longest. 200+ years. But now? I feel like our government is dying.
Zerifachias
Zerifachias
Totes-Mcgoats
Totes-Mcgoats

Back to top Go down

Post by Via Thu Jan 28, 2010 8:53 pm

gotta get more juice
Razz
Via
Via
Heavy Sleeper
Heavy Sleeper

Back to top Go down

Post by Deegamah Thu Jan 28, 2010 8:57 pm

@Zeri: Have you read Empire, by Orson Scott Card?

See my last post for the rebuttal to that.
Deegamah
Deegamah
Void Sleeper
Void Sleeper

Back to top Go down

Post by Zerifachias Thu Jan 28, 2010 8:58 pm

You know, if Obama had just changed his views away from the corruption of the democrats, I would have supported him. But instead, he decided to take the old way out and preach about change until your ears bled.

He's been in office for about a year, and is making things worse, what with that stimulus package. We're borrowing most of this money from China. Trillions of dollars.

HELLO?! We'll be in debt for 70 years what with paying China back in full with interest! China will have regained the lead as the number one country in the world, economic-wise.

I'm starting to wonder if Obama knows that there is a number bigger than a trillion.[/rant]

@Dee: I'm just venting~<3 And now I have to go. Night everyone! x3
Zerifachias
Zerifachias
Totes-Mcgoats
Totes-Mcgoats

Back to top Go down

Post by Deegamah Thu Jan 28, 2010 9:02 pm

Zeri~Zeri wrote:@Dee: I'm just venting~<3 And now I have to go. Night everyone! x3
Gee, isn't there a thread for that? X3
Night, Zeri~!
Deegamah
Deegamah
Void Sleeper
Void Sleeper

Back to top Go down

Post by Sponsored content

Sponsored content

Back to top Go down

Page 38 of 40 Previous  1 ... 20 ... 37, 38, 39, 40  Next