Eternal Dream
Would you like to react to this message? Create an account in a few clicks or log in to continue.

Grammar

+2
Zerifachias
Dwaggy Sama~
6 posters

Go down

Grammar Empty Grammar

Post by Dwaggy Sama~ Tue Jan 11, 2011 6:50 pm

Do you use good grammar? Do you care if somebody else uses good grammar? Should grammar be something to measure somebody's merit or worth?

In my opinion...

Well generally, Id use good grammar, unless...maybe if I'm taking to someone casually like in AIM or MSN; but usually I tend to use good grammar on those too. In terms of online, I really don't care if people use good grammar or not; I don't like to judge people from that as well. When it comes to situations like English or conversations; I guess I am a little more picky about one's english. My mother uses good grammar in all forms of communication as well; even when it comes to like, texting on her cellphone, so I guess it runs in the family I suppose. As for if grammar should be something to measure somebody's merit or worth, it depends; casually, it shouldn't matter. If I typed a sentence with no capitals or commas and made spelling errors, usually I people I talk with woudn't care (unless this one friend I know who is a total grammar nazi ^.^; ) However, when it comes to formal stuff, like english essays, it would make sense to use the appropriate grammar. Well, because it is English after all; you wouldn't want to start leaving out periods or misspell words, or any moundo as such to a constructive piece of writing.
Dwaggy Sama~
Dwaggy Sama~
Void Sleeper
Void Sleeper

Back to top Go down

Grammar Empty Re: Grammar

Post by Zerifachias Tue Jan 11, 2011 7:12 pm

I think everyone knows my answer to this.
Zerifachias
Zerifachias
Totes-Mcgoats
Totes-Mcgoats

Back to top Go down

Post by Masquerade Tue Jan 11, 2011 8:18 pm

I couldn't care less. I figure as long as I know what you're saying, it's fine. If it is something like an essay, I think it's pretty much an expectation for you to get over yourself and use the proper grammar. Otherwise, talk and write however you want. I mean, if people don't understand what the hell you're saying, you'll probably end up using proper, or at least decent grammar so that you can more easily communicate with people. I think that's about as cut and dry as it gets.
Masquerade
Masquerade
Eternal Dreamer
Eternal Dreamer

https://eternaldream.forummotion.com

Back to top Go down

Post by Azure Wed Jan 12, 2011 10:45 pm

I'm kind of obsessed with judging people based on grammar. I actively weed out mistakes in others' paragraphs like a superficial judge. If I find errors, I let the resulting anger boil in me until it dissipates.

I'm just one of those people that needs to know if someone's dumb or smart before associating with them...so mentally rating their intelligence based on grammar is all I can really go off of.
Azure
Azure
Graced with Good Dreams
Graced with Good Dreams

Back to top Go down

Post by Durn Thu Jan 13, 2011 7:37 pm

I guess I can tolerate poor grammar if it's not too terrible, but "grammer" pisses me off to no end.
Durn
Durn
Hermit Sage
Hermit Sage

Back to top Go down

Post by Gist Sun Aug 11, 2013 9:43 pm

While I prefer good grammar, it should not be a method of judgement. There's always thought behind anything anyone says.
Gist
Gist
Full Eight Hours
Full Eight Hours

Back to top Go down

Post by Sponsored content

Sponsored content

Back to top Go down

Permissions in this forum:
You cannot reply to topics in this forum