Eternal Dream
Would you like to react to this message? Create an account in a few clicks or log in to continue.

What inspired your username?

+9
o5h17carey
Azure
Cerani
Creame
MysticKnightFF5
Zerifachias
Masquerade
Kurio
Dwaggy Sama~
13 posters

Go down

What inspired your username? Empty What inspired your username?

Post by Dwaggy Sama~ Mon Apr 11, 2011 9:04 pm

Yeah, so um, again, title saying it all, when you registered, or maybe changed your username, what inspired you to create that username?

I mean, for me? "Dwaggy" was my nickname from...who knows when! ^___^ It was derived from "Dragon" actually; because my old, old username was dragon6107, my old neopets name. @_@;
Dwaggy Sama~
Dwaggy Sama~
Void Sleeper
Void Sleeper

Back to top Go down

What inspired your username? Empty Re: What inspired your username?

Post by Kurio Mon Apr 11, 2011 9:14 pm

Well back when Windy first registered, TheBokeGaeru was his Marriland username, which derived itself from what Natsumi always called Keroro in Sgt. Frog...afterwards, there really was no reason for KuoriBara other than the fact that Windy felt like it and Kuori sounded nice...and Windy-tan is the nickname Creame-pon gave Windy, which derived itself from another username Windy used, which was TheWindandLeaves...ara...^^
Kurio
Kurio
Masochistic Kitty Kat Maid

Back to top Go down

Post by Masquerade Mon Apr 11, 2011 9:17 pm

I hijacked my username from one of my first role play characters who happened to be named Masquerade. I thought it sounded pretty neat, so I started using it wherever I could. Otherwise, I'd go by GreatLegend, but I can't think of the reason behind that; I came up with it like a really, really long time ago. = /
Masquerade
Masquerade
Eternal Dreamer
Eternal Dreamer

https://eternaldream.forummotion.com

Back to top Go down

Post by Zerifachias Mon Apr 11, 2011 9:32 pm

Before I started using Zerifachias (or Zeri as it is now), I used to use Zephyr or Zephyrus (sometimes Zephyrus132). I found that there were lots of others who used Zephyrus as a username, and I got a little peeved about that, so I decided to warp the name.

Which is when I came up with Zerifachias. Zerif Achias was actually the name of a character that I would use in role plays, so I fused them together and lowercased the "a."

Rather simple really, but I haven't met anyone who could guess how to pronounce that username correctly in at least 3 tries.
Zerifachias
Zerifachias
Totes-Mcgoats
Totes-Mcgoats

Back to top Go down

Post by MysticKnightFF5 Tue Apr 12, 2011 7:56 am

Mystic Knight from FF5, rather simple.
It's my favorite class in all of final fantasy.
MysticKnightFF5
MysticKnightFF5
Daydreamer
Daydreamer

Back to top Go down

Post by Creame Wed Apr 13, 2011 2:53 pm

Oh good, I do enjoy the tellings of stories.

One day, my good friend SonicDan aka TehTailsDoll (someone nobody knows here, by the way), invited me to join a small forum that he and his friends like to discuss SSBB and other things, too... So, I accepted... But while I was sitting there, filling out the form to join, I wondered what to call myself. I didn't want any of my other usual names... (The first of which a loooong time ago was Kangel501 on various MMOs and LilPichu1101 for YouTube, and many more from Chatango), so while I sat and pondered what would sound cute, I had just finished eating my Gramma's yummy strawberry shortcake with extra whipped cream, how I like it. And so it hit me that WhippedCream sounded like a greaat nickname~! I liked it, it was tasty, and I could make all sorts of references to myself when talking about cakes and food. I played around with the name a bit, torn between the two spellings -- 'Cream' or 'Creme', I decided to fuse the two together, because I thought that if I spelled it normally, it would be taken if I decided to use it on anywhere else. Thus, WhippedCreame was born and I decided to use it on a few other forums and places. Sometimes shortened to 'Creame', 'Creameh', 'Creamy', 'Creame-pon', and other variations... :3

TL;DR ---> I like cakes with whipped cream for toppings, so I decided WhippedCreame would be a nice name. :D
Creame
Creame
REM Dweller
REM Dweller

Back to top Go down

Post by Cerani Tue Apr 26, 2011 9:17 pm

I have a love/hate relationship with acronyms. For the life of me, I can come up with a bunch of them, but I cannot guess what other acronyms stand for. And most of the time, something could be an acronym and I'd never know. Call it an irking fascination . . . that led me to a website that changes around your name to make new names, with several different ways to d it. I have no idea what the site is called anymore, but it inspired me to come up with weird acronyms and rehashings of people's names, just to see if they sounded cool or not. So, one day, I finally came up with a short version of my whole name: Cerani. It's actually the first two letters in my first, middle, and last names so: Ce Ra Ni . . . and yeah.

That's also why it's pronounced a certain way that only one person so far has ever gotten right on the first try. And then screwed up on purpose because I told him the other way annoyed me. ^.^;
Cerani
Cerani
Right Hand of Destruction
Right Hand of Destruction

Back to top Go down

Post by Azure Mon May 16, 2011 5:22 pm

My username was inspired by a Left 4 Dead achievement called 'Gnome Chompsky'. I thought the name sounded funny, so I decided to change it up to suit me, adding letter like 'x' and 'z' to make it more unique.

It is also a reference to Starcraft 2, as I enjoy using proxy pylons.

Last edited by Proxzki on Mon May 16, 2011 6:01 pm; edited 1 time in total
Azure
Azure
Graced with Good Dreams
Graced with Good Dreams

Back to top Go down

Post by Kurio Mon May 16, 2011 5:43 pm

...I love ze cheese, ara! :DDD
Kurio
Kurio

Back to top Go down

Post by o5h17carey Tue May 24, 2011 11:29 pm

For years, I used to use the name 'Weisspraline' online, which means 'White Chocolate' in German. One of my friend's brothers used to call me that in 8th grade, and I DO like white chocolate...so I ran with it!

But o5h17carey came from a joke, actually. xD; I can't remember who it was or what I was doing, but I did something, and a friend responded 'OH SHIT, CAREY!' Carey being my name, of course, and I liked it. I used to use O SHI- IT'S CAREY! or OSHI-CAREY!, but those were too long...and I do love 1337 speak, so I 1337-ed it into '05h17carey'.

TL;DR: A friend yelled at me and I lol'd and made it a name online.
o5h17carey
o5h17carey
Sleep-Deprived Zombie
Sleep-Deprived Zombie

Back to top Go down

Post by Kurio Mon Jul 11, 2011 9:21 pm

And as for this name, Windy actually has several people to thank for that...the first would be Windy's group of friends he met on the internet...a few days after he got to know them, he was having a conversation with them, and the word "rawrgle" was brought up...apparently one of them randomly made that word up...and although Windy didn't care much about the word at the time, he remembered it when he was thinking of a username about half a year later...Windy thought it was nice, so he went by the name "Rawrgle"...and a few days after Windy was talking to Aka-cha~ about it and back then he had this annoying habit of saying random things either in the middle or near the end of Windy's sentences just to irk him, and the word "schmeg" was one of these words...so when Windy said the word "rawrgle", he said "schmeg" to cut him off in mid-sentence...it narked Windy off a bit at the moment, but Windy decided that this new word, rawrgleschmeg, sounded rather nice...so since then Windy's been using that on a number of occasions, including naming his Skype account RAWRGLESCHMEG...so, Windy ended up deciding to bring this name here too, since he felt like it was time for a change in name from Windy-tan...and the all caps is because it just seemed less nice if it wasn't all in caps...ara...^^

And like most of your names, Windy has only met one person in real life that can even remember how to spell this name, much less pronounce it correctly...ara... :3

So thank you Aka-cha~, for accidentally helping Windy discover this rather awesome word...ara...<3
Kurio
Kurio

Back to top Go down

Post by Azure Tue Jul 12, 2011 9:28 pm

This newer name is inspired by the beautiful color azure as well as the "ager" portion of one of my favorite flower's names, blue ageratum.
Azure
Azure
Graced with Good Dreams
Graced with Good Dreams

Back to top Go down

Post by Nixen Luster Oha Sun Nov 20, 2011 10:18 am

I got it by accident, but then I worked on it and it turned into a character that is me. O.o

That made no sense. I know, xD
Nixen Luster Oha
Nixen Luster Oha
Restless
Restless

http://lusterin.livejournal.com/profile

Back to top Go down

What inspired your username? Empty Spoinks of Aces

Post by 見崎鳴 Tue Nov 22, 2011 5:12 am

Spoinks of Aces was the troll account me and my friends was using on Marriland before it got banned.

Of course, I had no intention of trolling on this forum what so ever, but I just fell like using this name again, so yeah.
見崎鳴
見崎鳴
Cat Napper

Back to top Go down

Post by Nixen Luster Oha Tue Nov 22, 2011 1:36 pm

Spoink of Aces wrote:Spoinks of Aces was the troll account me and my friends was using on Marriland before it got banned.

Of course, I had no intention of trolling on this forum what so ever, but I just fell like using this name again, so yeah.

The hell?

It wasn't a troll account it was my alt!

...Nevermind. No reason to complain.
Nixen Luster Oha
Nixen Luster Oha
Restless
Restless

Back to top Go down

What inspired your username? Empty Spoink of Aces

Post by 見崎鳴 Tue Nov 22, 2011 8:39 pm

Stone Xivien Oha wrote:
Spoink of Aces wrote:Spoinks of Aces was the troll account me and my friends was using on Marriland before it got banned.

The hell?

Well, you gave me access to that account to troll people, so yeah.
見崎鳴
見崎鳴
Cat Napper

Back to top Go down

Post by Nixen Luster Oha Tue Nov 22, 2011 9:52 pm

Spoink of Aces wrote:
Stone Xivien Oha wrote:

The hell?

I don't remember the details. So it doesn't matter.
Nixen Luster Oha
Nixen Luster Oha
Restless
Restless

Back to top Go down

Post by 見崎鳴 Thu Nov 24, 2011 8:12 am

Stone Xivien Oha wrote:
Spoink of Aces wrote:
Stone Xivien Oha wrote:

The hell?

I don't remember the details. So it doesn't matter.
I don't really remember much about it either.

It might have been Yogurt who gave me access to that account and not you.
見崎鳴
見崎鳴
Cat Napper

Back to top Go down

Post by Proxzki Thu Mar 14, 2013 4:49 pm

Boy I'm late to this thread...but oh well.

The "Prox" have originates from "Proxy Pylon", a Starcraft 2 reference.

The "-zki" ending could come from a lot of sources, but the particular source that brought it on was Gnome Chompski from Left4Dead, as I liked the way the name ended. Since the name "Proxski" seemed an odd way to spell the name I went with a 'z' in place of the 's'.
Proxzki
Proxzki
Sleep-Deprived Zombie
Sleep-Deprived Zombie

Back to top Go down

Post by Gist Sat Aug 10, 2013 1:03 am

Wendy came from a CSI episode and Casper, and I found myself really liking the sound of it, so that's where this one came from.

Gist/gistofeverything came from the pronunciation of it all, what with it sounding like a j but it's really a g, and I was just bowled over by how much I thought it was cool.

That was 3 years ago. XD
Gist
Gist
Full Eight Hours
Full Eight Hours

Back to top Go down

Post by Sponsored content

Sponsored content

Back to top Go down