Eternal Dream
Would you like to react to this message? Create an account in a few clicks or log in to continue.

Adventures of Naletia Chat ~ Dragons! :B

+3
Masquerade
Silver
Zerifachias
7 posters

Page 4 of 7 Previous  1, 2, 3, 4, 5, 6, 7  Next

Go down

If you could choose where the Light party was to go to after the Temple of Fire, where would it be?

Adventures of Naletia Chat ~ Dragons! :B - Page 4 I_vote_lcap17%Adventures of Naletia Chat ~ Dragons! :B - Page 4 I_vote_rcap 17% 
[ 1 ]
Adventures of Naletia Chat ~ Dragons! :B - Page 4 I_vote_lcap17%Adventures of Naletia Chat ~ Dragons! :B - Page 4 I_vote_rcap 17% 
[ 1 ]
Adventures of Naletia Chat ~ Dragons! :B - Page 4 I_vote_lcap0%Adventures of Naletia Chat ~ Dragons! :B - Page 4 I_vote_rcap 0% 
[ 0 ]
Adventures of Naletia Chat ~ Dragons! :B - Page 4 I_vote_lcap33%Adventures of Naletia Chat ~ Dragons! :B - Page 4 I_vote_rcap 33% 
[ 2 ]
Adventures of Naletia Chat ~ Dragons! :B - Page 4 I_vote_lcap33%Adventures of Naletia Chat ~ Dragons! :B - Page 4 I_vote_rcap 33% 
[ 2 ]

Total Votes : 6

Adventures of Naletia Chat ~ Dragons! :B - Page 4 Empty Re: Adventures of Naletia Chat ~ Dragons! :B

Post by Silver Sun May 06, 2012 5:07 pm

Why thank you Zeri-chan~ I'll be sure to post once I get these essays done.
Silver
Silver
Prince of Dreams
Prince of Dreams

https://www.facebook.com/pages/Xavier-Rains/314656341904106

Back to top Go down

Adventures of Naletia Chat ~ Dragons! :B - Page 4 Empty Re: Adventures of Naletia Chat ~ Dragons! :B

Post by Silver Wed Jul 18, 2012 7:41 pm

Hey Zeri, do you think you could update AC when you get the chance?
Silver
Silver
Prince of Dreams
Prince of Dreams

Back to top Go down

Post by Zerifachias Wed Jul 18, 2012 7:55 pm

I've actually been thinking about it, and I made some pretty heavy mistakes about the enemies we're fighting first. I think these were made before I got my enemies under control. The next ones will be better, I promise. (b=3=)b

And yes, I'll have an update shortly.
Zerifachias
Zerifachias
Totes-Mcgoats
Totes-Mcgoats

Back to top Go down

Post by Masquerade Wed Jul 18, 2012 8:38 pm

The new exp system seems pretty good, but I'd definitely like to see it in action. I think that'll be more helpful than anything.
Masquerade
Masquerade
Eternal Dreamer
Eternal Dreamer

https://eternaldream.forummotion.com

Back to top Go down

Post by Silver Wed Jul 18, 2012 8:41 pm

Aye, I believe the new system will work better as well. Though, like Masq, I want to see it in use as well.
Silver
Silver
Prince of Dreams
Prince of Dreams

Back to top Go down

Post by Zerifachias Wed Jul 18, 2012 8:42 pm

Yeah, I'm thinking through some things, like why one character deserves 41 experience and another deserves 50. Why is there that gap? Does there need to be a gap? Can I make it so the experience can work in just 10's? What if one character does an outstanding job, and deserves that instant level, but another character does an outstanding job, but doesn't deserve that instant level? Is it a flaw in the system that there is an "Outstanding Performance = Instant Level vs. Outstanding Performance = Almost Instant Level?"

Hm...
Zerifachias
Zerifachias
Totes-Mcgoats
Totes-Mcgoats

Back to top Go down

Post by Silver Wed Jul 18, 2012 8:45 pm

I believe that the best way to answer that question is through example (which would prove that a gap might be necessary). Let me look around a bit through some older battles in roleplays and see if I can find something suitable.
Silver
Silver
Prince of Dreams
Prince of Dreams

Back to top Go down

Post by Zerifachias Wed Jul 18, 2012 9:33 pm

Um.

To fill in the empty space, I'm just going to give our characters 30 experience for now. That will be the "average" or "default" number if I'm ever unsure about anything. I'm still trying to work out the small tweaks of the system in my head, and this battle was broken to begin with anyway.

The next round should be much better, and I should be able to pay more attention to character roles and experience.

Masq, this system is migrating into IA too, as you might have already guessed.

Come to think of it, Morale might change as a result of the experience change. I'll have to think about it.
Zerifachias
Zerifachias
Totes-Mcgoats
Totes-Mcgoats

Back to top Go down

Post by Masquerade Wed Jul 18, 2012 9:35 pm

Just make sure to think it through carefully. You know it'll be a pain in the ass to replace if it turns out to be a complete disaster. Otherwise, if something's wrong, you can just tweak it.
Masquerade
Masquerade
Eternal Dreamer
Eternal Dreamer

Back to top Go down

Post by Zerifachias Wed Jul 18, 2012 9:48 pm

It's going to be tested thoroughly. At the very least, it deserves a chance. I can tell the original system wasn't working well for me.

But something else I just thought of is a KO'd character. Do they get the same experience as another character? They were knocked out and unable to fight, at least for a period of time. Defeated by the enemy or whatever. What if that enemy was powerful? Or weak? What happens with those situations? What if the character was taken out by a status ailment? Did they have time to worry about said ailment, or were they overwhelmed by enemies? What constitutes giving less experience for being KO'd?

I think these questions have clearer answers, but I'm considering throwing the idea of giving less experience because of character KOs away.

As for Morale, what I'm thinking is have the amount of experience at the end of a battle affect the Morale bar increases or decreases. It will still fluctuate in-battle, but the end result of the battle will have the biggest effect on Morale. But then what happens with Confidence? Can a character receive Confidence when a battle ends? Confidence carries over to the next battle, yes, but to start a battle with it? Where do I draw the line there? And what about Slump? Can a character get into a Slump after a battle is over, even if it was a victory?

Any thoughts?
Zerifachias
Zerifachias
Totes-Mcgoats
Totes-Mcgoats

Back to top Go down

Post by Masquerade Wed Jul 18, 2012 9:54 pm

I think Confidence could easily carry over to the next battle, especially if there are a lot of good, hearty victories. I don't think the same thing would apply to Slump if you won a good victory. If it was a rough battle, then yeah. Otherwise, I don't think so. It comes down to determining what kind of battle it was and then applying whether it was a victory or a defeat. Because if you're barely defeated and fought tooth and nail and nearly made it but not quite, then you wouldn't suffer so badly if you were, say, just completely wiped out.
Masquerade
Masquerade
Eternal Dreamer
Eternal Dreamer

Back to top Go down

Post by Silver Wed Jul 18, 2012 9:58 pm

I feel that the roleplaying between battles and the content of the battles should determine morale. While as a whole the battle is won and overall party morale might be good, a character might be disappointed in their performance or really happy with it. Perhaps they're worried about a teammate and that causes a minor slump?

Just what came to mind.
Silver
Silver
Prince of Dreams
Prince of Dreams

Back to top Go down

Post by Zerifachias Wed Jul 18, 2012 10:04 pm

Yeah, it makes sense that way, I think. But what Sliv is saying is also kind of true. And I was thinking about that a little too. What if some things happen in the story that makes characters disappointed, or even sad? They shouldn't have Confidence applied to them, even if it carried over from a previous battle.

Before I change Morale, I'm going to have to test the experience system, to make sure it's going to work out the way I want it to. If it does, I'll go ahead and add some Morale changes. For now, testing.
Zerifachias
Zerifachias
Totes-Mcgoats
Totes-Mcgoats

Back to top Go down

Post by Zerifachias Fri Aug 31, 2012 7:29 pm

SURPRISE!

\o/
Zerifachias
Zerifachias
Totes-Mcgoats
Totes-Mcgoats

Back to top Go down

Post by Xenosaga Fri Aug 31, 2012 8:10 pm

Zeri, is it too late for me to use that one skill point Rai has?
Xenosaga
Xenosaga
Never Awaken
Never Awaken

Back to top Go down

Post by Zerifachias Sat Sep 01, 2012 6:58 am

Nope.
Zerifachias
Zerifachias
Totes-Mcgoats
Totes-Mcgoats

Back to top Go down

Post by Xenosaga Sat Sep 01, 2012 7:00 am

No, it is or nope, it isn't?
Xenosaga
Xenosaga
Never Awaken
Never Awaken

Back to top Go down

Post by Zerifachias Sat Sep 01, 2012 7:24 am

Uh, both.

It isn't too late. XD
Zerifachias
Zerifachias
Totes-Mcgoats
Totes-Mcgoats

Back to top Go down

Post by Xenosaga Sat Sep 01, 2012 7:52 am

Oh, goodie!

+Valiant Roar: Taking a deep breath, Rai releases a mighty declaration, the effects of her words boosting the morale of her allies. Range: All Allies. Increases ATK by 20%.
Xenosaga
Xenosaga
Never Awaken
Never Awaken

Back to top Go down

Post by Zerifachias Sat Sep 01, 2012 11:40 am

Xenosaga wrote:Oh, goodie!

+Valiant Roar: Taking a deep breath, Rai releases a mighty declaration, the effects of her words boosting the morale of her allies. Range: All Allies. Increases ATK by 20%. 10 MP

-1 Skill Point~
Zerifachias
Zerifachias
Totes-Mcgoats
Totes-Mcgoats

Back to top Go down

Post by Zerifachias Sat Sep 15, 2012 1:41 pm

Xeno, I want something to do. (b=3=)b

What's the worst that could happen?

Spoiler:
Zerifachias
Zerifachias
Totes-Mcgoats
Totes-Mcgoats

Back to top Go down

Post by Xenosaga Sat Sep 15, 2012 3:53 pm

You could die. D:

. . . . . Why don't you try playing some safe games?
Xenosaga
Xenosaga
Never Awaken
Never Awaken

Back to top Go down

Post by Zerifachias Sat Sep 15, 2012 4:17 pm

Okay.

Back to Skyrim then.
Zerifachias
Zerifachias
Totes-Mcgoats
Totes-Mcgoats

Back to top Go down

Post by Azur_Fenix Sun Sep 16, 2012 2:38 am

??? seems no ones on? oh well back to "my girlfriends the president" eroge (ya i collect and play those XD)
Azur_Fenix
Azur_Fenix
Drowzy Wanderer

Back to top Go down

Post by Zerifachias Fri Nov 09, 2012 11:20 am

Just so it's clear to everyone, Great Roar will affect any character in a 3 cell radius of any part of the Colossus' body. Which means rows A-G.

Also, it will not attack next turn, but the turn afterward. Plan accordingly, if you don't want to try your luck.
Zerifachias
Zerifachias
Totes-Mcgoats
Totes-Mcgoats

Back to top Go down

Post by Sponsored content

Sponsored content

Back to top Go down

Page 4 of 7 Previous  1, 2, 3, 4, 5, 6, 7  Next