Eternal Dream
Would you like to react to this message? Create an account in a few clicks or log in to continue.

Tales of Air and Shadow: A Song of Dragons

+2
Silver
Allindur, the Lightfoot
6 posters

Page 2 of 4 Previous  1, 2, 3, 4  Next

Go down

Tales of Air and Shadow: A Song of Dragons - Page 2 Empty Re: Tales of Air and Shadow: A Song of Dragons

Post by Silver Fri Jul 27, 2012 4:59 pm

Clarissa *Bleeding*
HP: 11/15
MP: 15/25
SC: 0/1
DD: 2/10
Atk: 1
Def: 3
Int: 5
Spr: 3
Evade: 3%
Critical: 3%
Move: 2 Cells

Ora
HP: 14/15
MP: 13/25
Atk: 2
Def: 2
Int: 6
Spr: 5
Crit: 5%
Evade: 7%
Move: 6 Cells

Ora moves to D3!

The wind maiden felt the flames tear at the mana that held her physical form together and quickly pulled the oxygen out of the fire in response. It did little to fix what damage was already done, but it certainly kept he from burning. Another burst of wind pushed the woman towards the flame, her staff raised above head. However, unlike last time the staff came down heavily on the creature, the physical body of the weapon making contact.

Ora attacks Hobby! 2 Atk Damage!

Clarissa felt just the slightest bit of relief as the cleric's light wrapped around her. Instantly some of the blood clotted and make her wound less severe, but it did not prevent it from continuing to bleed. It was still better than not receiving the healing at all, in fact, though it did little to truly heal her it was just what she would have wanted. Not that she wanted to take damage just to be healed. Nevertheless she turned in the man's direction and closed her eyes, bowing her head in respect for the rather loud man. "Thank you."

Clarissa *Bleeding*
HP: 11/15

Ora
DD: 3/10
Silver
Silver
Prince of Dreams
Prince of Dreams

https://www.facebook.com/pages/Xavier-Rains/314656341904106

Back to top Go down

Tales of Air and Shadow: A Song of Dragons - Page 2 Empty Re: Tales of Air and Shadow: A Song of Dragons

Post by Masquerade Fri Jul 27, 2012 5:31 pm

Nyala was a bit startled by the fact that the spirit even deigned to speak to the likes of him, but he found her words to be true enough and took solace in them. "I never really thought about it like that before," he said with a shrug, giving her a curt nod as she took off to take care of her summoner. Nyala turned his gaze to the red cap who had neglected to reposition itself thus making it vulnerable his melee attacks. The wisps seemed to want to continue to play their little game of tag, but there were others that could deal with him. He wasn't properly suited to do so...at least not at the moment. Instead, he focused on what he could do and navigated around the elf to reach a more desirable position. He took the wind spirit's words of advice and kept his mouth shut for now, especially since the elf seemed to be angered by something the faeries had said or done. Raising his scythe, he brought it down hard against the creature, the blade being more blunt than anything.

Nyala moves to F5.

Nyala attacks Powrie! 5 Dmg! (ATK)

"Stupid costume prop," Nyala muttered quietly to himself, bringing the scythe to his side and readying it for more attacks. "I really need to do something about this thing." The reaper made a mental note about that, hoping no one heard his comments. What kind of mercenary brought a stage prop into battle? Regardless of it not being a weapon suited for real battle, it seemed to be doing well enough, especially since it was in capable hands. It could be worse... Nyala reassured himself.
Masquerade
Masquerade
Eternal Dreamer
Eternal Dreamer

https://eternaldream.forummotion.com

Back to top Go down

Post by Zerifachias Fri Jul 27, 2012 7:01 pm

Zenira finally caught herself, for her anger had blinded her for a moment, and immediately settled herself down. This was exactly what these faeries wanted, to unsettle her and anger her. These emotions were unbecoming of an elf, who was in her 300th year. Still a child in the eyes of the elves, and appearing to be a child to the eyes of humans. She did not want to act like a child. So Zenira calmed herself down, took a few deep breaths, and fixed her composure.

Zenira grasped her sword and swung it, the speed of her arm making the blade split in two and become nothing but a blur as it shredded through what remained of the fey in front of her. Another swift motion and the blood of the faerie was flicked off, the sword sheathed.

Zenira attacks Powrie! 5 Atk DMG! 2 hits!

Zenira noticed movement behind her, and cocked her head to the side to listen. It was the Reaper, moving about, trying to get somewhere. This was no enemy, at least not one Zenira wished to make, so there was no problem and no danger. He seemed to be concerned about his weapon, though.

"It is not the weapon that makes the warrior strong," Zenira said, not turning to face the Reaper. It would not do to be completely distracted. "While the weapon helps, it is not everything. 'A novice with a sword can be taken down by a master with a pebble.' One of my teachers told me this during my training years, so I have long since abandoned the thought of 'needing' a better weapon." Perhaps the Reaper already knew this. Perhaps not. Either way, it did not matter. Zenira stepped over the body of her slain enemy, moving closer to the wisp.

Zenira moves to E-6
Zerifachias
Zerifachias
Totes-Mcgoats
Totes-Mcgoats

Back to top Go down

Post by Kurio Fri Jul 27, 2012 7:42 pm

Lucille moves to cell D-5

Lucille noticed the wisp she was pursuing fall, and she turned to target the last one remaining. She managed to make her way out of the overgrowth which managed to do a very good job at impeding her movement. It took a while to get out and as she made her way though she knew the wisp would most likely back off and send her on another chase.

Lucille waits
Kurio
Kurio
Masochistic Kitty Kat Maid

Back to top Go down

Post by Cerani Sun Jul 29, 2012 8:00 pm

Law of Inverse Strength
Additional Enemies: 2
Stat Increase: 10%
------------------------
HP: 22
MP: 28
Atk: 3
Def: 6
Int: 3
-----------------------

"My apologies." The cleric's loud voice carried well, though he directed it at the soldier. "I am without the means to heal your wounds at the moment." He clapped a fist over his heart and bowed his head for a moment, then surveyed their little battlefield. He wouldn't be able to get near one of the wisps just yet, so he kept his mace shouldered and paced forward. The last capped fey had been beaten to a pulp it seemed, no need to worry about it.

Michael moves to G-6.
Cerani
Cerani
Right Hand of Destruction

Back to top Go down

Post by Allindur, the Lightfoot Sun Jul 29, 2012 9:11 pm

Day of The Scythe. 63th day of Spring, year 555 of the Endless War

Act 1: Eternally Sleeping
Objectives: Eliminate all enemies
Background: Mystic's Dream

{ } { } { } { } { } { } { } { } { } A
{ } { } { } {o} { } {t} {O} { } { } B
{ } {t} { } {o} { } {L} {I} {t} { } C
{ } { } { } {o} { } { } {Z} { } { } D
{ } { } { } { } { } {M} { } {H} { } E
{o} {o} {o} { } { } {N} { } { } { } F
{ } { } { } { } { } { } { } { } { } G
{ } {t} { } {C} { } { } { } {t} { } H
{ } { } { } { } {t} { } { } { } {t} I
{ } { } { } { } { } { } { } { } { } J
-1---2---3---4---5---6---7---8---9

Inkypunk takes 8 Dmg. HP: 7/15

Clarissa's Bleeding has worn off.

Hector's Bleeding has 1 turns left.

Hector's Torchlight as worn off.

Ora's Haste has 2 turns left.

Hector is Critical.

Hector's Second Wind activates, healing him by 7 HP.

HP: 12/30

ENEMY PHASE!

There was no more hope. The weapons passed right through the wisp's semi material body causing little to no damage, as they were material themselves, but Ora's winds torn the wisp, causing a good deal of damage. The little flaming faery seemed stoic, however.

I will do my part...and the Singer will come to finish them. Arcadia, I return to you... as a part of you...

Inkypunk moves to B8

Inkypunk casts Torchlight on Zenira! 5 Dmg(Int). Zenira loses 1 Spr!

MP:6/30

{ } { } { } {o} { } {t} {O} {I} { } B
{ } {t} { } {o} { } {L} { } {t} { } C

PLAYER PHASE 6!

Hector (Citadel Guard) *BLEEDING*
MP: 3/15
DD: 5/10
Atk: 5
Def: 5
Int: 2
Spr: 2
Evade: 5%
Critical: 5%
Move: 2 cells

Clarissa (Assembler)
HP: 7/15
Move: 2

Zenira (Elf Warrior)
HP: 15/20
MP: 6/20
DD: 10/10
Def: 4
Int: 5-2
Spr: 4
Critical: 7%
Move: 3

Nyala (Reaper)
HP: 25/25
MP: 8/20
Int: 4
Evade: 8%
Critical: 12%

Lucille (Sword Maiden)
HP: 20/20
MP: 2/20
Atk: 5+1
Def: 3+1
Int: 5+1
Spr: 2+1

Michael (Cleric)
MP: 5/25
Atk: 3+1
Def: 5+1
Int: 3+1
Spr: 3+1

Ora (Wind Maiden) *FLOAT* *HASTE*
MP: 7/25
DD: 4/10
Spr: 5-1

Powrie (Red Cap) *DEAD*

Dunter (Red Cap) *DEAD*

Hobby (Will-o'-the-Wisp)*DEAD*

Inkypunk (Will-o'-the-Wisp)*FLOAT* *PROTECT*
MP: 6/30

Tithe (Dancing Sprite) *DEAD*

{t} - Tree (Cannot be Occupied)
HP: 32
Def: 15
Spr: 10

{o} - Overgrowth
Can be occupied, reduces move to 50%

Hector moves to D9.

Hector waits.

-The great age and beauty of the faery dying only makes the occurrence all the more pitiful. Your people live many hundreds of years, elf, you wouldn't know how we, humans, perceive the weight of time. How we vallue each year. It's sad that something like this has to come down.

Last edited by Allindur on Mon Jul 30, 2012 2:41 pm; edited 3 times in total
Allindur, the Lightfoot
Allindur, the Lightfoot
Fleeting Dreamer
Fleeting Dreamer

Back to top Go down

Post by Cerani Sun Jul 29, 2012 9:43 pm

Law of Inverse Strength
Additional Enemies: 0
Stat Increase: 0%
------------------------
HP: 20
MP: 25
Atk: 3
Int: 3
-----------------------

Michael moves to E-6.

"Mm, quite a pity indeed." Michael glanced around, as if just now realizing exactly how many were left to fight. "We seem to have demolished them." Drokyn would not be pleased by his battle fury just yet. Of course, he hadn't believed a single fight could do that, it was just the principal of the thing. The cleric had a long road ahead of him.
Cerani
Cerani

Back to top Go down

Post by Kurio Sun Jul 29, 2012 9:52 pm

Lucille moves to cell C-6

Lucille chased after the wisp, thankful that she was finally within striking range of it. She was completely out of the energy required to create another light sphere due to one of the fey having drained her energy earlier in the battle.
All she could do was to smack the wisp with her rapier, which from the looks of it didn't work very well.

Lucille attacks Inkypunk. 6 ATK Dmg
Kurio
Kurio

Back to top Go down

Post by Masquerade Mon Jul 30, 2012 8:42 am

So someone had heard him after all. He would have been embarrassed if the words that came out of the respondent's mouth weren't so uplifting and true, for that matter. He was doing fine with his weapon; that was why it seemed to be doing well. It was because he was very practiced at it. "I think I'll take those words to heart there," he said mostly to himself, his voice hushed still. The reaper took a careful step forward and glanced at the remaining wisp. The pesky thing was intent to hold on to life, but what else could he expect? If he were in its position, would he not fight until the very end? They had decided to face off against the humans and now was the time to follow through, even if defeat was imminent.

Nyala moves to F6.

Nyala's body began to waver out of existence, and he reappeared above the faerie, lowering his scythe upon it in a single downwards slash before flickering out in order to reappear behind the creature only for a few seconds. Wavering one last time, he reappeared back where he had been standing only a few moments prior, brandishing his scythe with determination. He had enough magical power left still to cast a Deathward, and by the looks of it, such a thing might be necessary if they didn't dig into their own first aid supplies, though he was sure the rather loud healer would set to work on it as soon as he could. There wasn't too much of a need to worry.

Nyala uses Illusion - One Form on Inkypunk! 6 Dmg! (ATK)

Masquerade
Masquerade
Eternal Dreamer
Eternal Dreamer

Back to top Go down

Post by Zerifachias Mon Jul 30, 2012 8:51 am

Zenira moves to D-7.

Zenira quickly leaped forward, like a lioness pouncing on her prey. Her sword flashed, and with the sharpness rivaling feline claws, she slashed at the wisp, her sword moving so quickly it split in the air and whistled loudly, the blades vibrating against each other to make an unusual sound that pierced the air.

Zenira attacks Inkypunk! 5 Atk DMG! 2 hits!

"It is not a thing to be pitied, child," Zenira said, almost inaudibly to the Lieutenant. He was standing near her, so he might be able to hear her speak to him. She knew he was no child in the eyes of humans, but through her own elvish eyes, he was merely an infant, just learning how to fight. It must be a strange thing for someone to go through, hearing an elf speak to them as if they were a child, and yet the elf often looked much younger. "The dignity of the Fey only grows as they live on. Those that I have killed today may be more than twice my own age."

Zenira knew what these faeries must be feeling. Having lived so long and experienced so much fighting, just to be killed by an elf-child, barely in her three-hundredth year. No doubt they felt frustrated and angry. But perhaps the knowledge that she could never enter Arcadia was enough to satisfy them. These thoughts troubled Zenira, and made her temper rise, but she remained in control of it, and would not allow it to show again.
Zerifachias
Zerifachias
Totes-Mcgoats
Totes-Mcgoats

Back to top Go down

Post by Silver Mon Jul 30, 2012 9:51 am

Clarissa *Bleeding*
HP: 9/15

Ora

Ora casts Squall on herself! Bestows Haste!

The wind spirit settled as the flame faery fell, if only for a moment as there was no immediate danger in her vicinity. However, when the woman looked again it seemed that there was a lone wisp still fighting even though it was outnumbered. At this the woman's lips pursed but she did not comment on creature's stubbornness. Instead a murmured word left her lips and winds began to swell and meld to her already windy form before she rocketed over to wisp.

Ora moves to A6!

Ora moves to B7!

With the sprite in range the woman wasted no time in raising her staff, another strong current of wind swirling at the tip. A single swing brought the winds down on top of the fiery creature, spiraling out of control as it had done for the other. The attack certainly was more effective against the creature than the rest of the onslaught; had to be some sort of trick the thing had to protect itself.

Ora attacks Inkypunk! 6 Int Damage!

Unable to really damage the creature without inflicting even greater wounds upon her allies, Clarissa remained standing where she was. No use in her moving forward, especially when her familiar could fight much better than she could. And while that was enough it bothered her, if only slightly. "I really must do something about that at some point," she thought to herself, "perhaps Eden knows someone..."

Clarissa *Bleeding*
HP: 9/15

Ora
Silver
Silver
Prince of Dreams
Prince of Dreams

Back to top Go down

Post by Allindur, the Lightfoot Tue Jul 31, 2012 6:43 am

Background: Mystic's Dream

{ } { } { } {o} { } {t} {O} { } { } B
{ } {t} { } {o} { } {L} {I} {t} { } C

Inkypunk takes 8 Dmg. HP: 7/15

Clarissa's Bleeding has worn off.

Hector's Bleeding has 1 turns left.

Hector's Torchlight as worn off.

Ora's Haste has 2 turns left.

Hector is Critical.

Hector's Second Wind activates, healing him by 7 HP.

ENEMY PHASE!

There was no more hope. The weapons passed right through the wisp's semi material body causing little to no damage, as they were material themselves, but Ora's winds torn the wisp, causing a good deal of damage. The little flaming faery seemed stoic, however.

I will do my part...and the Singer will come to finish them. Arcadia, I return to you... as a part of you...

Inkypunk moves to B8

Inkypunk casts Torchlight on Zenira! 5 Dmg(Int). Zenira loses 1 Spr!

MP:6/30

{ } { } { } {o} { } {t} {O} {I} { } B
{ } {t} { } {o} { } {L} { } {t} { } C

PLAYER PHASE 6!

Hector (Citadel Guard) *BLEEDING*
MP: 3/15
Int: 2
Evade: 5%

Clarissa (Assembler)

Zenira (Elf Warrior)
HP: 15/20
MP: 6/20
DD: 10/10
Def: 4
Int: 5-2
Spr: 4

Nyala (Reaper)
HP: 25/25
Int: 4
Evade: 8%
Critical: 12%

Lucille (Sword Maiden)
Atk: 5+1
Def: 3+1
Int: 5+1
Spr: 2+1

Michael (Cleric)
MP: 5/25
Atk: 3+1
Def: 5+1
Int: 3+1
Spr: 3+1

Ora (Wind Maiden) *FLOAT* *HASTE*
Spr: 5-1

Powrie (Red Cap) *DEAD*

Dunter (Red Cap) *DEAD*

Hobby (Will-o'-the-Wisp)*DEAD*

Inkypunk (Will-o'-the-Wisp)*FLOAT* *PROTECT*
MP: 6/30

Tithe (Dancing Sprite) *DEAD*

{t} - Tree (Cannot be Occupied)
HP: 32
Def: 15
Spr: 10

{o} - Overgrowth
Can be occupied, reduces move to 50%

Hector moves to D9.

Hector waits.

-The great age and beauty of the faery dying only makes the occurrence all the more pitiful. Your people live many hundreds of years, elf, you wouldn't know how we, humans, perceive the weight of time. How we vallue each year. It's sad that something like this has to come down.
Allindur, the Lightfoot
Allindur, the Lightfoot
Fleeting Dreamer
Fleeting Dreamer

Back to top Go down

Post by Zerifachias Tue Jul 31, 2012 7:45 am

Zenira did not pause for a moment, she swung with all her might at the wisp, her blade splitting in twine to cut through the barrier and the wisps's form. Her sword shrieked against the barrier, but did not break, for elvish swords were not prone to being destroyed. The magic of smithing, honed through centuries of practice and experience, made it so blades that elves make would never break or bend or chip. Such was the power of an elvish blacksmith, and Zenira was related to one.

Zenira attacks Inkypunk! 5 Atk DMG! 2 hits!

Zenira, seeing her work was close to being finished, took a step back. Others who might want to have a part of the finishing blow would surely leap to take her place. Or, perhaps this group of humans were more conservative about ending lives than the others Zenira met.

"In my years of traveling the world outside my woodland home," Zenira said softly, her piercing blue eyes focused on the Lieutenant. "I could never fathom how humans could make themselves so encumbered with quests and missions until I met a human, one hundred and sixteen years ago, who told me why he busied himself so. 'We humans must stock up on stories in our early years, so that when our sons have sons, we have an endless number of stories to tell them.' He made me see how beautiful a life is, no matter how long or short it may be."

Zenira moves to F-8

"This is one reason why I am so fond of humans,"
Zenira wrapped up, sheathing her blade silently. "I will continue to lend my services, so long as you humans continue to surprise me and teach me with your traditions and temperaments."
Zerifachias
Zerifachias
Totes-Mcgoats
Totes-Mcgoats

Back to top Go down

Post by Masquerade Tue Jul 31, 2012 11:03 am

Nyala moves to E7.

Now that most of the faeries had been incapacitated, the task was becoming tedious with the final wisp clinging to life, yet he understood why. It was something he had realized just moments before, so no point in going into it again. The only thing left is to get the job done, he thought as he stepped forward and wavered out of existence. There would be no need to ward death away from these powerful mercenaries--at least not now. Nyala reappeared in the air and assaulted the wisp once more, realizing that his physical attacks were being mitigated by a pesky barrier. Regardless, he flashed out again, appearing behind the wisp, and then wavered out in order to return to his original position. His thoughts went to the souls of the Fey attempting to reach Arcadia. He knew they would need to help to find it. They had been prepared, and he could feel that. They probably would want no guidance from one such as myself anyway, he thought drearily, eventually shaking the feeling off. No point in dwelling about it. There would be more conflict in the future to contend with possibly. A focused mind would be a necessity.

Nyala uses Illusion - One Form on Inkypunk! 6 Dmg! (ATK)

Masquerade
Masquerade
Eternal Dreamer
Eternal Dreamer

Back to top Go down

Post by Silver Tue Jul 31, 2012 11:40 am

Clarissa

Ora

Ora attacks Inkypunk! 6 Int Damage!

The wind maiden simply raised her staff once more and conjured another sphere of wind. It came down on top of the fiery faery and that was the end of it. With the last of their opposition defeated, the spirit relaxed and the staff disappeared in a whorl of green wind. "It is done." the woman breathed, bowing her head slightly.

Clarissa

Ora
Silver
Silver
Prince of Dreams
Prince of Dreams

Back to top Go down

Post by Allindur, the Lightfoot Tue Jul 31, 2012 4:04 pm

Inky punk takes 7 Dmg! HP: 0/15

Inkypunk dies!

Background: Mystique's Dream

All enemies have been eliminated!

ACT COMPLETED!

Experience:

Will-o'-the-Wisp x2 = +2
Red Cap x2 = +2
Dancing Sprite x1 = +1
Perfect kill on Will-o'-the-Wisp x2 = +1
Finish the fight in less than 10 turns = +2
Use no Itens = +2
Use no D-Abilities = +2
No player K.O.ed = +2

Total Gain = 14

Hector: 0/10--14/10
LEVEL UP!
3 Stat Points gained!
1 Skill Point gained!
Next level: 4/10

Lucille: 0/10--14/10
LEVEL UP!
3 Stat Points gained!
1 Skill Point gained!

Zenira: 0/10--14/10
LEVEL UP!
3 Stat Points gained!
1 Skill Point gained!

Nyala: 0/10--14/10
LEVEL UP!
3 Stat Points gained!
1 Skill Point gained!

Michael: 0/10--14/10
LEVEL UP!
3 Stat Points gained!
1 Skill Point gained!

Clarissa: 0/10--14/10
LEVEL UP!
3 Stat Points gained!
1 Skill Point gained!

Ora: 0/10--14/10
LEVEL UP!
3 Stat Points gained!

The party receives 200 gold!

Itens found:

->Shed Blood x2
->Blue Flame x2
->Faery Tear x2

Edit your profiles, will be updating soon...
Tales of Air and Shadow: A Song of Dragons - Page 2 Level+up+ninja+saga
Allindur, the Lightfoot
Allindur, the Lightfoot
Fleeting Dreamer
Fleeting Dreamer

Back to top Go down

Post by Allindur, the Lightfoot Wed Aug 01, 2012 1:54 pm

The faeries were all down, and the group was done, but the whole area was still horrible. The bodies of the enemies had quickly been absorbed by the forest, and almost nothing was left of them, but all the lumberjacks and the few soldiers they killed were still littered around, caked in blood and dirt. The scent of the blood filled the air, nauseating to all but the most vile, or accustomed to it. The place already looked like an abandoned ruin, because of the overgrowth, but now that the fight was over and all could calm down, the scent of death gave it a sinister look of dread, like each and every bush was just waiting to strangle the mercenaries.

The Lieutenant limped to a nearby log, not appearing to mind the dead bodies for the time being. He sat down and started wrapping his wounds, trying to stop the bleeding.

-Hey, priest, you'd better patch us up. I have a feeling we don't have long to catch our breaths...
Allindur, the Lightfoot
Allindur, the Lightfoot
Fleeting Dreamer
Fleeting Dreamer

Back to top Go down

Post by Zerifachias Wed Aug 01, 2012 8:19 pm

Zenira stood to the side a bit, tending to her own minor injuries. The faeries were relentless, and obviously unhappy to see an elf siding with the humans again. Zenira wrapped her injuries in the large leaves that fell to the ground, as a result of them stirring up the trees. Her blood reacted to the leaves, and almost immediately her injuries began to close. The minor injuries healed and the leaves fell off, shriveled to almost nothing.

Now, Zenira walked over to one of the trees, and softly rested her hand on the trunk, pressing her forehead to the bark, her eyes closed. After awhile, she heard the tree give a mighty, long groan, and Zenira smiled. "The trees of this forest wish to thank us for taking care of the noisy faeries. They much appreciate our help." Zenira drew closer to the group, though did not stray far from the tree. Her expression was serious, "But this isn't the last of them, and by far not the strongest of them. I can sense the presence of more faeries, but the trees tell me that there is more than just faeries haunting the forest. We'd best be prepared."
Zerifachias
Zerifachias
Totes-Mcgoats
Totes-Mcgoats

Back to top Go down

Post by Cerani Wed Aug 01, 2012 10:13 pm

Michael gave a quiet chuckle at the soldier. Well, quiet for him, as he laid his mace nearby. Without being in the midst of battle, there wasn't much need for quick channeling. He clanked over to him, kneeling next to the commander with a smile for him. "I am no priest, I am a cleric of Drokyn." The cleric held his hands over the most severe of Hector's wounds. "A priest marries people, preaches about to their flock, maybe keeps some old records." A softer and paler light than the one he'd used before gathered underneath his hands. "I heal and protect, not like some stuffy priest in funny robes." He had a laugh at himself after that, moving his hands away to show completely healed flesh. "Right, you won't die now. Summoner, how're you doing? Can you walk over here?" He sounded a bit more cheerful than the situation called for.
Cerani
Cerani

Back to top Go down

Post by Silver Wed Aug 01, 2012 10:21 pm

As the last of the fey fell, the wind maiden was quick to glide over to her summoner and settle in the young woman's personal space. Her face was once again stone, completely unreadable; her eyes scanned the girl before a single airy hand was placed on the assembler's shoulder. "Are you alright Lady Clarissa?" the air woman asked after a moment, her tone containing only a small amount of worry. At this Clarissa nodded and smiled slightly, a warm feeling spreading through her frame as she felt Ora's hand on her shoulder. The summon was truly concerned even if she did not outwardly show it.

"Yes, Ora. I am fine." Clarissa replied with a small smile, not looking up at the familiar as her eyes were useless. She could see the familiar just fine through her connection and the wind maiden knew that. "You may take your leave." the assembler added after a moment, evoking a nod from the wind maiden before she disappeared in a swirling gale.

"Summoner, how're you doing? Can you walk over here?" the cleric's rather cheerful voice called out to the young lady, causing her to turn in his direction and nod. She took but a step in his direction before her smile faded. Her connection that allowed her to see him went fuzzy for just a bit and she stumbled, staggering forward slightly before she was able to quickly recompose herself.

"I-I'm fine. Just a little... dizzy. That faery made a pretty deep wound..." Clarissa responded quietly, moving her injured arm forward just a bit. She did not look at it, but she could see it just fine, feel just how deep it was. It had thankfully stopped bleeding but she would definitely need to be healed unless she was to be useless in the upcoming battles. "Would you mind working your restorative magic on me?"
Silver
Silver
Prince of Dreams
Prince of Dreams

Back to top Go down

Post by Masquerade Wed Aug 01, 2012 10:47 pm

The skirmish appeared to be over, so Nyala put his scythe away and found some shade in which to rest. Looking at the others, it seemed as though they were forced to patch themselves up. He had evaded harm throughout the entire battle through some miracle that he was not about to overlook. His defensive abilities were paltry, and he focused on just simply evading attacks rather than being able to sustain them. Perhaps the fey didn't target him because he didn't have enough presence? He certainly knew he wasn't able to do much. Perhaps it was for the best that he went unnoticed, for now he was able to just merely enjoy his rest in the shade of the trees, awaiting for the others to tend to their injuries.

There were no more souls to guide or anything, at least around this area. It left him without a job to do, though it would have been easy enough to slip into the shadows to seek work. However, he had to remind himself that his main priority was to be a mercenary. He was getting paid for his services after all, where being a reaper was more like volunteer work. He supposed the extra power was enough compensation for the tasks he was expected to perform, and no one ever said that he had to go looking for dead people to guide to the next life. If he ever ran across some, he would help. Otherwise, he was just going to relax, granted there wouldn't be many opportune times to do so with faeries running rampant. Nyala kept silent, his eyes closed. He could still hear the others talking and such. He paid them no mind while they got their stuff in order.
Masquerade
Masquerade
Eternal Dreamer
Eternal Dreamer

Back to top Go down

Post by Cerani Thu Aug 02, 2012 12:20 am

"Not at all ma'am." He slapped the Liuetenant's knee rather hard. "I'll get back to you, now that you're not slowly bleeding out." Michael turned to the girl, quickly noticing her arm was the most damaged. He took the appendage and made her hold it out so he could concentrate. Again he held his hands over the gash, soft light gathering to make it as if it hadn't happened. "Take care not to get so close next time, yeah? It'll be soon." He took his hands away, scanning her over. "Anything else particularly nasty? You both have lost a lot of blood."
Cerani
Cerani

Back to top Go down

Post by Allindur, the Lightfoot Thu Aug 02, 2012 9:01 am

-Thank you, cleric, and I am sorry for the miscalling, I will make sure to remember the difference from now on.

The Lieutenant had no time to get up, though, nor did Michael to find out if there was, in fact, anything else, as a song came through the woods. A beautiful, mesmerising song. The mercenaries started to feel tired, sapped of their will. Zenira knew that sound. It was a Siren's Song, something the fey used to take control of enemies. Not all of them could do it, but it explained the soldier's reports. This had the power to make the non-fey sleep, lose their minds, or even be enthralled by the fey's will.

But the elf needed not say the danger in that beautiful voice, as all of them could sense it. The sound waves filled the lumber camp for nearly a minute as the small group fought against their own mind to regain control. Zenira found out that day just how far her people had gotten from the fey. She needed to struggle just as much as all the other mercenaries. In the end, the song subdued, though, and they could breath again.

-Slayers of your fathers! Reapers of the green! You stumble foolishly into MY forest, hack and burn through everything and rend down the warders sent to protect this haven! Sons and daughters of men, I salute you for your strengh, and bid farewell to your lives!

She was impossible to describe. That woman...something that wonderful simply should not exist. She had a long golden hair like sun beams cutting through a dark forest, and a green dress like the leaves of a mighty oak dancing in the wind. But her eyes...pure, verdant, eternal fury. She was like a dream made solid. And then, she was not there anymore, they could hear leaves shaking all around, however. Something was coming.
Allindur, the Lightfoot
Allindur, the Lightfoot
Fleeting Dreamer
Fleeting Dreamer

Back to top Go down

Post by Zerifachias Thu Aug 02, 2012 9:20 am

A strong desire rose up within Zenira's body. She could feel it reach at her from the depths of her soul. Her very blood seemed to whisper in her ear. It was a feeling, such a powerful feeling, that the Siren's Song was overpowered. Zenira knew what she wanted, what her blood desired. It was what the Siren's Song stirred up in her, after all. It was something that was lost to her people.

"Arcadia..." Zenira mouthed, attempting to whisper, but no sound would come out. Zenira knew why she longed for Arcadia now. It was her blood, the blood of her ancestors. Those who knew of Arcadia and the joys it brought for the elvish kind. So that's why. That's why the elves regret siding with humans. This feeling is stronger than any other Zenira felt before, but she would stand strong.

"I do not regret my decision," Zenira managed to whisper. She had fallen to her knees, but now she regained her posture, and cold anger began to bubble up within her. Zenira had an idea of how to get Arcadia back, but she wasn't sure if it would work. It probably wouldn't. But she would try. Zenira stood strong now, and proud. "I will never regret my decision to stand and fight alongside the humans. Nothing you faeries stir up within me will ever change my mind!" Zenira drew her sword, she was ready to fight, despite any odds that she might face.
Zerifachias
Zerifachias
Totes-Mcgoats
Totes-Mcgoats

Back to top Go down

Post by Masquerade Thu Aug 02, 2012 9:49 am

Nyala had closed his eyes while resting against a tree, but now he was feeling oddly tired. Sure, the battle had forced him to expend some energy, but he felt fine a moment prior. That's when he heard the song, and he knew this wasn't natural. Or maybe it was. Regardless, it was the work of the fey, and that meant that he along with the others were in grave danger. He struggled valiantly against the song, yawning as he realized he couldn't open his eyes. He was drifting off into a serene slumber, though he fought and fought against it with all of his power. He could hear whispers in his mind--an unknown presence searching for something. It was looking for his ambitions and his desires. Mentally, he laughed at the whispers. There was nothing that Nyala desired. He had an affinity over death, and he loved his job and his life. He didn't want for anything.

The presence seemed a bit distraught, but suppressed Nyala's thoughts under the weight of slumber until the song finally let off. The reaper's eyes shot open to see the being that had attacked them with the song, tossing about insults and accusations at which Nyala merely shrugged. There came sounds from the surrounding brush--a sign of impending battle. He readied his scythe in an instant. "She definitely seemed mad," Nyala stated simply in his raspy voice, a trace of slight amusement in it as well. "I wonder what she sent after us..." he pondered knowing full well that they were about to find out. The being's image had been pressed into his mind; she had been unimaginably beautiful--almost surreal. Figuring now was the most horrible time to be admiring the visage of the enemy, Nyala prepared himself for the fight that was being brought to them.
Masquerade
Masquerade
Eternal Dreamer
Eternal Dreamer

Back to top Go down

Post by Sponsored content

Sponsored content

Back to top Go down

Page 2 of 4 Previous  1, 2, 3, 4  Next