Eternal Dream
Would you like to react to this message? Create an account in a few clicks or log in to continue.

Tell us about yourself!

+5
crazE
Masquerade
Zerifachias
Creame
Luminous
9 posters

Go down

Tell us about yourself! Empty Tell us about yourself!

Post by Luminous Mon Aug 06, 2012 12:11 pm

I was debating as to whether this would be better off in general chat or here, so I decided just to post it in this section for now seeming as this could be viewed as a bit of a timewaster. =)
If this really needs moving then please move it!
And if a thread like this already exists then I'm terribly sorry.

Now I know that a lot of members will have told everyone about themselves in their introduction threads but I wanted to create this for those people who may want to explain (lol) themselves with a bit more detail/finesse. Or simply for those who 'didn't get the chance' as so to speak. Discussion about common likes is encouraged here!

So I'll start this thing off shall I?
I am Shadrawr (I'll only disclose my real first name, which is Sally). I am 20 and I live somewhere in England. I'm not going to tell the whole internet exactly where I reside. =P
I am studying Animation at university. I'll be in my second year in September.
My main hobbies are playing videogames (mainly Pokémon and indie games, no I'm not a hipster lol), drawing, writing, and listening to a wide variety of music. I hate rap, dubstep, and R'n'B, but I will listen to anything else as long as any lyrics have some significant meaning. Nicki Minaj/Justin Beaver/most other modern 'pop' musicians have no right to be called inspirations in my personal opinion. I love artists like Pink Floyd/The Beatles/Ozzy Osbourne/The Hoosiers. I'll also listen to gaming music. I listen to a lot more artists than I listed to be honest. =P
I don't watch much TV at all. I've already listed my favourites on this forum.

I am inspired by a variety of different things. I'd say that the main inspiration for me can be nature. Beautiful landscapes almost seem surreal when they're compared to cities and other urban populaces.

If you have any more questions about me, ask away!
Luminous
Luminous
Siesta Master

Back to top Go down

Tell us about yourself! Empty Re: Tell us about yourself!

Post by Creame Mon Aug 06, 2012 1:48 pm

Hello. :> It's nice to get to know you. Do you like anime and manga, too? Err, what specific games have you been playing recently? If you've already specified, sorry... I've been kinda out of it.

I'm WhippedCreame, otherwise known as Creame. My real name is a secret! Hehe. Things I like to do is, hmm... Read, write, do community service, play video games and occasionally draw, though the only thing I'm moderately good at is manga and flora. I like to MMO game, though I'm picky about my games, and it takes a lot of pushing for me to try something if I don't feel like it. I like to write tragedy/romance/smut/adventure, and I don't do fan-fiction very often because I'm afraid of messing up their personalities, so I just stick to my original characters. I am interested in languages, though the only one I currently know fluently is English, but I want to become fluent in 5 languages some day.

I'm not very interesting, so I'll just end it here...
Creame
Creame
REM Dweller
REM Dweller

Back to top Go down

Post by Zerifachias Mon Aug 06, 2012 2:16 pm

WhippedCreame wrote:I'm not very interesting, so I'll just end it here...

You underestimate yourself, dearest Creame.

And Shay, you don't need to worry about spam or double posts or anything like that. We're a small community, so as long as you aren't obnoxious, we really don't care what or where you post. You and I met at the Marriland forums, so we still remember how stupidly strict that place was. Of course, that was a much bigger forum than this, so I can sorta understand it.

The moderators sucked though.

We met in Marriland, but a lot has changed about me since then, so I'll give you a run through.

My first name is Greg, though I prefer to be called Zeri by my online friends. I went through this phase of lying about my gender online, but I eventually threw that idea away. I'm 20 as well, going into my third year of college, and my topic of study is Psychology.

Psychology is something I think I've always been interested in. I like to figure out how people think, though I don't use my analysis against them in negative ways. I was bullied when I was younger, and those situations changed me to the point where I wanted to figure out why I was bullied and how I can help other kids who go through the same thing. By now, I know most of the details behind most bullying.

I am also a hardcore gamer. I love to play all sorts of games, whether they be puzzle-solvers like Portal or adventure/role playing like Bastion. I don't use the Wii much, but when I do, it's a Zelda or a Mario game.

On top of those things, I am a writer and a reader. Currently I'm writing a novel that I will not talk about just yet. I'm gonna keep it secret for now, and only a select few irl friends are going to know that I'm writing it. One person bugged me to read it, so I'm letting her do that in chunks. I found a genre, or theme, of book that I like though. If you've ever read Ender's Game by Orson Scott Card, I highly recommend it, because that's similar to what I'm writing. It's a book that focuses on the psychological aspect of sending children into war. It's not far off from the Hunger Games trilogy either. The third book in that trilogy really focused mostly on the psychological effects on the human race, in particular the main character (whom I detest, btw). That's what I'm doing with my novel.

Some basics about my personality: I'm stubborn. I don't like to change my own opinion very easily. If I know, 100%, that I am correct, I will not change my opinion, no matter how it might affect my relations with others. I shit-talk people at times, but I'm a good person at heart with good intentions in mind. I'm also introverted. Mind you, introversion and shyness are two different things. I'm not shy, I just don't talk much unless it's something I'm passionate about. You can also think of it like this: Extroverts thrive in social situations, while introverts loose energy quickly in social situations. It doesn't mean we can't have a good time at a party, it just means that we party harder and loose energy faster. XD

I've recently gained a lot of confidence in myself, which stems a lot from finding out what kind of person I am. I think I can answer the "Who am I?" question better now than a lot of older adults.

Now, watch this amazing segue.

Spoiler:
Zerifachias
Zerifachias
Totes-Mcgoats
Totes-Mcgoats

Back to top Go down

Post by Masquerade Mon Aug 06, 2012 2:33 pm

Yeah, Zeri's right. I'm not some tyrant. I made this place to actually spite Marriland and it's ridiculous nature, granted I'll give them the fact that they had more people to deal with, so it's to be expected. We're like family here though. I think a smaller community is much more personal and easier to handle (not saying I don't want other people to join BECAUSE I DO, but I am saying that even though we're a small community, I'm perfectly fine with that.)

Wow, since I'm posting here, I might as well do one of these too. My real name is Justin, as I'm sure most people here know. I still preferred to be called Masq though online unless talking privately with friends. I'm turning 20 this month (lmao); can't believe how fucking old I'm getting. This shit is ridiculous. So yeah. I'm giving up my biochemistry degree in an attempt to publish this book I've already completed. I'll be going back to college probably next year to get some kind of degree in writing, but for now I'm winging it. I live in Raleigh, NC now, but I'm moving back to the nowhere town of Winnabow, NC. My mom and grandma started their own business, so I'm going to help them out while trying to get my book published. I think it would be awesome if they succeeded. Some things I love: cheesecake, role playing, writing, reading, gaming (mainly RPGs), and walking. I have this love/hate relationship with people. I hate people because they're stupid, but there are instances where I just love them. So yeah, I'll leave it at that. I'm a sociable fellow online, but I'm a bit more hermetic in real life. Getting to know other people from scratch isn't one of my strong points because I prefer to be alone. I'm very blunt and can come off as insensitive, though apparently I have a heart of gold, which I agree with. There's like this inner kindness I can never get rid of. XD I'm also really lax and chill. Not a lot of things make me angry; mainly stupid people and people who disrespect me for no good reason. A lot of people come to me for advice and stuff, even strangers. It's kinda weird, but they know they can trust me and they always put their trust in the right place, so what can I say?

But yeah. Like 3 years ago, I started this forum to somewhat spite Marriland, but that wasn't the only reason. I just wanted to run a role playing forum where people could just relax and not worry about uptight shit, and I think I've managed to accomplish that quite well, though we've had problems in the past, sure. We'll always be a family though. It's kinda funny; it all started with The Corruption like waaaaaaay back in the day. (Couldn't really do what I wanted with Corruption on Marriland, so that was another reason for the move.) It's just like at the end of the day, it was all worth it. I'm kinda rambling now. I tend to do that sometimes as well. A lot of people think I'm intelligent, but I really don't know where they're getting that from; I'm pretty stupid, I think. A dreamer lost in the realm of the mundane. Eh, but I'm carving my own path in life; it's really happiness that matters right? :3 Well, I think I'll leave it at that then.
Masquerade
Masquerade
Eternal Dreamer
Eternal Dreamer

https://eternaldream.forummotion.com

Back to top Go down

Post by Luminous Mon Aug 06, 2012 2:52 pm

@Creame: I didn't specify, so thanks for reminding me. =D
I don't read manga, I have read Marvel comic books though. I am very partial to Marvel, more so than I am with DC. You should hear me talk about Mark Ruffalo...
And I've lost a lot of interest in learning about games. I believe that the gaming industry is going downhill at a huge velocity. =(
BUT I still play Pokémon, League of Legends, RPGs (within reason), some of the older PS1 titles such as Rayman, Oddworld, and Spyro, and recently I'm very taken with The Binding of Isaac. =)
And I agree with Zeri. You are interesting!

@Zeri: Yeah Marriland's mods were pretty bad, I've completely moved away from that site. I do watch Marriland's videos but I have nothing against him and he's pretty informative.
And also thanks for the awesome post. That was huge in comparison to mine. xD

I'll fill you in about my personality seeming as you did.
I'm actually quite pessimistic but I like very colourful/quirky things. (Adventure Time could be counted as a major example of this). On the other hand, I am also partial to darker themed things such as some (not all) of Tim Burton's films/animations and 'Isaac'.
I tend to be very quiet when I first meet a group of people but with time I'll end up speaking A LOT. No exaggerations. I can speak for a whole country sometimes. Despite my inbuilt pessimism I try to act with as much optimism as possible. I can get quite paranoid and temperamental at times, but I'm a passive aggressive person so I shy away from conflict. I also have a habit of jumping to assumptions and sometimes I try to make everyone happy even if that's not possible. Most of my friends are male simply because I tend to share the most common interests with them, but I do have a couple of close female friends IRL. Oh and my self esteem is pretty damned low. I think that being bullied up until college hasn't helped this at all. The bullying was probably a contributing factor towards my self esteem, my somewhat judgemental nature (at times), and my mild paranoia towards strangers. I come across as intelligent online but I'm really not. =/

@Masq: Hello! I wish you the best of luck with your book. And I can associate with you to a certain extent - I am a lot more open when speaking over MSN or FB chat than I am in real life. Some people have accused me of fakery because of this which is just completely stupid in my opinion. I also have a love/hate relationship with people as a whole! =)
And I think you've succeeded, this place seems to be very relaxed and welcoming.

Oh and I do have MSN, but I only give it out through PM. And I'm very protective over my RL Facebook account. =)
Luminous
Luminous
Siesta Master

Back to top Go down

Post by Zerifachias Mon Aug 06, 2012 3:09 pm

Shadrawr wrote:The Binding of Isaac.

Yes. Absolutely.

Shadrawr wrote:Oh and my self esteem is pretty damned low. I think that being bullied up until college hasn't helped this at all. The bullying was probably a contributing factor towards my self esteem, my somewhat judgemental nature (at times), and my mild paranoia towards strangers. I come across as intelligent online but I'm really not. =/

Don't ever doubt yourself. That's the first thing I learned in college. Once you start doubting yourself, you'll lose motivation, which is not a good thing.

I dealt with bullying before college too, and my self-esteem was practically zero going in. But I had moved quite a distance away from my high school, and I chose a very small college that not many people have heard of. I found it by chance, and I feel like I fit in better there than where I am now (back home for the summer).

I found a lot of my confidence over this summer. And I mean a lot. I've never felt better about myself than I do now, and that's exactly where I need to be. I need to be happy with myself, with who I am, and I need to be open and express myself freely with no shame.

A few of my irl friends call me pessimistic, but I don't see myself that way. I'm more of a realist, I see a situation for what it is, and I accept it.

There's a lot of psychology that goes into finding out who you are and who you are meant to be. You have to change yourself to the point where you can be happy. Then comes confidence. Then comes self-esteem. Some people like to think that bullying makes kids grow up faster. I used to think that way too, but not anymore. It stunts growth, and the stress is very unhealthy for maturity. We have to learn who we are after adolescence, which is where we should be learning it in the first place. We're made to wait, and that puts a lot of strain on our minds and bodies. It makes us feel stupid, lethargic, and overall just plain terrible.

I can't make you feel better about yourself. You have to identify exactly what you don't like about you and change it. Try new things. Experiment with your body. You're still young, your body should be able to handle almost anything.

And remember, marijuana is the healthiest drug in the world. /scientificfact

Oh, and you'll probably never get rid of paranoia. I still have mine. \o/

Side note: I have MSN, I just don't use it often.
Zerifachias
Zerifachias
Totes-Mcgoats
Totes-Mcgoats

Back to top Go down

Post by crazE Mon Aug 06, 2012 3:14 pm

Some basics about my personality: I'm stubborn. I don't like to change my own opinion very easily. If I know, 100%, that I am correct, I will not change my opinion, no matter how it might affect my relations with others. I shit-talk people at times, but I'm a good person at heart with good intentions in mind. I'm also introverted. Mind you, introversion and shyness are two different things. I'm not shy, I just don't talk much unless it's something I'm passionate about. You can also think of it like this: Extroverts thrive in social situations, while introverts loose energy quickly in social situations. It doesn't mean we can't have a good time at a party, it just means that we party harder and loose energy faster. XD
Wow, we're pretty much alike on that >.>

My name is Alex, short for Alexander. My last name is ironically a reference with what I wanna be when I grow up, and I love nachos. I live in Utah, right in the center of LDS city Salt Lake City. I am in fact LDS (who would've guessed!?!?) and I am active in my church. However, do not assume I am a big-time religious dude who goes around smacking blacks/homosexuals/strange people with a bible saying they have to repent for every single thing they do, that's completely not what my religion's about. I try to be as level-headed as I can, although my temper gets to me and I find that my endurance in conversations dwindle if I can't get my point across. I also hate it when I can't get my point across because it causes me to wonder if I have a speech disability.

I live with my mum due to not being 18 yet (I be 16 lololol), and my dad passed away January 12, 2010 by succumbing to type 4 Glioblastoma, the most aggressive brain cancer. He lived a good 3 years diagnosed with it, which was much longer than the doctors expected him to stay alive for. I am the youngest in my family, and however I'm considered an only child due to all my siblings being half-brothers/sisters. I have 6 brothers and 2 sisters, 4 brothers and 1 sister on my mom's side, 2 brothers and 1 sister on my dad's side. My hobbies are writing and reading, although I haven't been getting to reading a lot lately, and most of all I just love doodling. I suck at drawing though, so don't ask me to draw anything.

I can also hilariously beatbox decently, and can also do a thing known as "pen tapping", which is making a beat using a hand-held item, a hard surface, and your hands. It's hard to explain but so easy to do imho. If that doesn't spell it out, I'm really into music. I tend to go by complete opposites, because I love electronic music AND classic rock, even blending into 80's songs. I hope to one day own a drum set and make awesome kicks!

that's just some things about me. I will add more if I forget anything I wanna say XD

EDIT: And it seems I've been severely ninja'd with a whole convo going on. AAAAAAAA
crazE
crazE
Tormented By Nightmares
Tormented By Nightmares

Back to top Go down

Post by Zerifachias Mon Aug 06, 2012 3:28 pm

crazE wrote:I find that my endurance in conversations dwindle if I can't get my point across. I also hate it when I can't get my point across because it causes me to wonder if I have a speech disability.

This reminded me of a seriously huge pet peeve that I have.

I cannot tolerate being interrupted. Absolutely not. It takes no time to piss me off if you know how, and the best way to do it is to interrupt me when I'm talking. Whether it be something that I'm passionate about or not.

I have this thing, where if someone interrupts me, I'll stop and stare at them until they finish. Usually I get an apology, but sometimes I don't. If it happens a second time, I do the same thing. At the third time, I shut down completely and won't say a word to anyone for a very long time.

This pet peeve of mine has made some dinner conversations very awkward for my friends, because they didn't know about it for awhile. They would ask me questions and I would just stare at them with this blank look on my face.

It really doesn't help that I have a speaking impediment. I've had problems with language development when I was younger, so I'm not the best at pronouncing words or being articulate. So it's easy for others to interrupt me and take over a conversation, since I stop. To make the problem even worse, I have very sensitive hearing. I can hear a light cough in the back of a room when I'm in the front. It is very distracting. My hearing is also one reason why I try to stay away from big movie theaters. Popcorn is the most irritating thing when I'm trying to focus on the movie.

So if we ever meet irl, don't interrupt me. My anger is cold, and I know how to use it and control it. I'm not insecure about my body or mind either, which gives me even more control.

<--God of Vengeance for a reason.
Zerifachias
Zerifachias
Totes-Mcgoats
Totes-Mcgoats

Back to top Go down

Post by Luminous Mon Aug 06, 2012 5:01 pm

@Zeri: Thanks for the advice, it is noted. =)

@Craz: Don't worry about it, I like ninjas. =D
And sorry to hear about your father. My Grandma died last year, and that's the only real family death I have 'suffered from' so far. I'm pretty lucky in that regard. I struggle in getting my points across too, and I don't hate religious people at all. I only despise the extremists, whether they're Christian, Atheist, or something completely different.
Luminous
Luminous
Siesta Master

Back to top Go down

Post by Zerifachias Mon Aug 06, 2012 5:07 pm

Shadrawr wrote:Christian

.o/
Zerifachias
Zerifachias
Totes-Mcgoats
Totes-Mcgoats

Back to top Go down

Post by Luminous Mon Aug 06, 2012 6:00 pm

xD Lemme phrase that more clearly.
I have nothing against people believing what they want to believe UNLESS they force their opinions onto me. At that point I will speak up.

It's like Beliebers or Twilight fags.
I don't care about what they do unless they make me listen to Justin or if they throw a Twilight book at me to read.
Luminous
Luminous
Siesta Master

Back to top Go down

Post by Zerifachias Mon Aug 06, 2012 6:13 pm

You know me. I'm not that obnoxious.

Hell, you're the first person I've told without having been asked first. I normally never disclose my beliefs, unless I'm asked to disclose them. And I'm not going to lie or push it away like I'm ashamed of it, because I'm not ashamed.

But you should know that I already knew what you meant. I'm a smart guy, I can figure things out pretty easily, depending on what they are. XD
Zerifachias
Zerifachias
Totes-Mcgoats
Totes-Mcgoats

Back to top Go down

Post by Luminous Mon Aug 06, 2012 6:40 pm

Yeah I assumed that you had figured it out, I just like to make myself clear just in case.
It's another odd habit that I have. O.o
As for me, I'm generally not open about my beliefs unless asked.
Luminous
Luminous
Siesta Master

Back to top Go down

Post by Allindur, the Lightfoot Mon Aug 06, 2012 7:43 pm

Oh, boy. It's that moment again...
Ok, ok, first, a setting. I have an habbit of opening my life in a comunity by stating I suck at talking about myself. I'm not sure if I did that here, and I'm too lazy to look, but the point is there is a reason for that. I'm confusing. Really confusing. Some aspects of my personality make no sense, up to the point that I have two different opinions about the same subject, and I'll just change which I tell you at different times you ask me. When I was younger, I used to split my mind in four parts when trying to analyse myself (I do that. A LOT. I believe if someone should try to know me, it's me, so I spend a lot of my free time thinking about who I am), because it made the job easier, I could isolate the 4 personality archetypes that overall governed my actions in different instances. Nowadays, these parts of me struggle less among themselves, what made the whole practice less of a need, but this should give you an idea of just how conflicting I am, and how hard is it for me to say "Hey! This is me!".

Problem is: I have a very serious problem with people thinking I am something that I am not. This problem comes from the fact that I am VERY strange for the people who know me, so they are always ready to make assumptions, usually the wrong ones, so I'm at all times hearing someone mock me at my comments, because "dude, that's so gay" or instantly regard me as a non-believer, because "you are clearly an atheist but...". I hate these things, I just hate it, that's why I started making an effort to let people know of my sexual orientation and religious belief as soon as I meet them (without rubbing it on their faces), so I don't have to put up with this kind of thing. That is also why I like to randomly talk about myself from times to times, tell people something about me, and that's why I'll try to fight this disability here and tell you who I am in truth. It should probably take a few posts over time, like Zeri did. I will just not be able to bring everything to mind at once.

Ok, so let's get this started!

My real name is Caio and I highly doubt any one with english as first language will be able to pronounce it properly. Many have tried, none made it, so just get over it. I hate my name. It's a stupid name. It comes from the latin gaudere which means roughly "happy". That's a dreadful description of me. Only one person knows me deep inside other than me, and she would be quick to point out that this is probably the worst name someone could have given me. Point is: I don't like my name, so I made a new one. Ok, ok, a few new ones, but Allindur is the most common. So I like being called by that, or any variation, while online. Most people end up going by Alli, but any form is good. Very Happy

I'm brazilian, and I live in a small state in the middle of a swamp called Mato Grosso do Sul (roughly, South Thickwood, a very ironic name, as the woods here are very sparse and we have mostly marshes). We speak Portugues here (not Spanish) and eveything you've heard about the average brazlian is true. Soccer, Samba, women, that's what we like. We are simpletons. But I'm not he average brazilian, I'm a weirdo with weird tastes, and on that note, what you think is samba is probably rumba, but let's not get there. Problem is I don't like my country too much (it' HOT), and I have no love for my language, so, even though I did it differently here for some reason I myself don't know, I usually lie about my nationality. I usually say I'm canadian. It's rather rare that someone finds out the truth until the hear my accent, so I'm pretty proud of myself there.

Ok, so I like games, I like anime and manga (though I've not been reading or watching them too much lately), I like reading, writing and listening to music. let's go in parts here, ok? I'm a huge fan of the videogame industry as a whole. I believe we can do amazing things and go amazing places there. I believe videogames are still going to change the way the world sees itself. I don't like where our industry is going with most AAA games, but I've seen a few companies and quite some indie developers who seem to really know what they are doing. I mostly play RPGs of any kind, though I'm in deep love with tactical. I'm forever a fan of Square, no matter how much they crap on their franchises, and I usually use one or other Final Fantasy reference. Valkyrie Profile changed the way I see games, and, well, storytelling, and Legend of Mana...changed everything. It's complicated, let's leave this for later. I do not consider myself a hardcore gamer, for reasons that will be explained later, but I do think I'm fairly competent. I'm lately more on the MMO section. WoW has been sucking my soul for the last year. I almost left it, but them blizzard announced the launch date of Mists of Pandaria. Damn blizzard...locked me again...

Anime and Manga! I've been more of a manga person in the past, but then I went to anime, and after Fate/Zero I stopped for some time. i've been trying to get myself to finish reading Loveless, but it's hard to get my ass up. I'm hoping that, since I'm reading Sakura now, I'll relight my love for manga. I usually like shounen, but I've read some shoujo too. I also love shounen-ai and shoujo-ai. I am not ashamed to say I read and watch hentai from times to times. Ok, it's a lie, I read and watch hentai a lot. Probably more than normal porn. I like straight, Yaoi and Yuri hentai, but, even though I have no hate, I prefer not to watch more bizarre stuff (tentacle, I'm looking ate you!).

I mostly read fiction. I don't usually have favorite autors but I'll always love Stephen King. Also, Poe. For the Gods, Poe. The Raven, man, that is...scary. And lovely. I'll admit, for the first time in my life, I don't like Tolkien. Let me be more specific: the man was important. He crafted pseudo-medieval fiction as we know it. I kinda like the world he created, but I do not like his writing style. I own the books because of their importance, but I think his rythm is kinda off. I also hate how good and evil and archetypical, obvious, pure and well divided in Eä. I can't stand how manichaeist it is, and boy, do I hate manichaeism. I'm deeply sorry for all christians, but I will never respect any kind of world view where evil and good are pure and perfectly separeted in any one individual. Nothing personal. Ok, back to subject, I like to write. I love to write. I like arts as a way of expressing yourself, of putting in the outside the feelings and ideas you have on the inside. Thing is, I'm completely useless in all forms of art. I can't draw enough to be able to look a my drawing and not despise myself, I can't sculpt, and can't sing and I can't play any instrument. Only one form of art was left for me, so I embraced it. I've been told I'm a good writter in the past, but everytime I read something I wrote, I think about giving up writting. I'm not completely sure if people are nice to me or it's my self-criticism acting up, so I just bear with it and try not to re-read my work too much. I've created this huge world with dozens of different storylines in it on my head, just for fun, but have never been able to make anything productive out of it. I dream of publishing it, all of it, but I can never get myself to start, and when I do, I stop after a few pages. That's why I mostly write small tales, and even then, I don't always finish them. I have a problem with finishing things. I think half the problems in my life would be solved if I learned to finish stuff...

Ok, I think that's all I can get out in one shot. Hope I have not tired anyone No
Allindur, the Lightfoot
Allindur, the Lightfoot
Fleeting Dreamer
Fleeting Dreamer

Back to top Go down

Post by TheNinjaSlayer Mon Aug 06, 2012 9:50 pm

Well, I like to have fun and I usually support the no-hate-argument.
Uhh... yeah, dunno why people posted like paragraphs about themselves... I don't wanna bore people with me XD
TheNinjaSlayer
TheNinjaSlayer
Cat Napper

Back to top Go down

Post by Luminous Tue Aug 07, 2012 12:26 am

@Allindur: I read all of that and I must say I am amazed at how well you type in English. I commend you for that, I am rubbish with any language that is not my own. I've lost a lot of my love for the videogames industry but your points are great, they made me think about my own opinions more.
And I like Poe. =D
That's about all I can say for now.

@Ninja: Lol post as much as you want. And I've not been bored by anyone yet. =P

Luminous
Luminous
Siesta Master

Back to top Go down

Post by Cerani Tue Aug 07, 2012 1:01 am

Wow. I like how we're all alike and yet different enough to be fascinating. ^.^ I guess something we all share is writing or more like we all have our own little fantasy worlds we create.

Soooo anybody up for self-conscious Cerani time?

I don't really like talking about myself because after a minute or so of doing such, I discover I really like talking about myself. And most people generally don't like a Miss Talksalot who goes on and on about her problems, and I tend to care more about other people than myself. When I do go on about my life, people tend to look at me like, "Holy shit." I guess mostly because there was this whole other person I am they didn't know about that lived through all that crap and just didn't talk about it. It's a very long story, with many sides and details, so let's just not go there.

Lighter note: I like a lot of things. I like reading a lot, though mostly fantasy and sci fi. I once read the whole fiction section out of my middle school library and had to branch out afterwards. I love watching movies, I stay away from horror films mostly. My imagination gets away with me sometimes, so I do not need fuel. I have loved watching TV ever since I was very little and first started watching Barney, before I graduated to Winnie the Pooh, and then onwards to the greatest things my generation would ever experience: Pokemon, Digimon, Power Rangers, Saturday cartoons, etc. From there I feel like I skipped a step and went straight for CSI right around 11. Anime is more a passing interest for me, though the more I watch the more I like, and the same goes for manga. I like looking at art of all kinds and I like older things most kids my age would have absolutely no interest in. As far as music goes, there's not a lot I won't listen to as far as genre goes. Put me next to Christian music though and watch me start staring at a wall with drool pooling by my feet.

The one thing out of entertainment that has probably taken up the hugest chunk out of my life is video games. I would be a totally different person if I had never seen my uncle play FF8 or my dad play Starcraft. I don't think I'm what one would call a hardcore gamer, I don't spend hours perfecting my micro or some shit. There are just some games I really like to play and I like to play them right, even if that means spending an hour figuring out how to kill a particular guy, once. *coughcough*Assassin'sCreed*coughcough*

I'm not entirely sure if that's really what you wanted to know though. Sorry, I really don't like sharing my real name online, anybody here who has called me by my first name has because they know me in real life. Which to date is only two here. It's less a privacy thing than something personal, like how someone can have a name they share publicly, then a name with friends and family, and then another with someone intimately, if that makes sense. Cerani is a name I've taken to myself for an outward persona, one I think is a lot closer to who I really am, but without most of the heavy, sad things. And since I don't share much, it suits. I guess that sounds a bit shifty of me, to only present a part of a personality, but honestly I don't mean it like that.

See? I really do like talking about myself, if only to say a lot without really saying much. And now I feel bad and like I'm going to shutup now.

. . . But I do also like sciences and maths, I like talking philosophy and figuring out how things work. Generally, I like things that get me thinking, and I think a lot, like nonstop. It's really easy for me to get bored with an idea after a while after I feel like I've taken all I can from it. Some people like that as I tend to be a fountain of information and opinions about many things, and others don't because I also tend to master none of the things I come across (or finish them). I could go on about how I seriously think I may be a socially functioning autistic, but because people usually get a stick up their butt about 'oh you can't prove that, you're not a doctor' I stay away from it. (Also, I can't really afford a doctor that can tell me yes or no so I have nothing to go off of but the research I've done personally. So hush.)

Now I'm done.
Cerani
Cerani
Right Hand of Destruction
Right Hand of Destruction

Back to top Go down

Post by Silver Tue Aug 07, 2012 1:43 am

I believe several of you already have a fairly good idea of who I am, but I'll post here anyway.

My name is Quinn, but I go by SilverStorm or Terra online, and I am currently sixteen years old. I'm about to be a Junior in high school and I personally can't wait for it; crazy, I know. I really like where I am in life at the moment, even if I have some major ups and downs. At the end of the day, I can honestly say that I am happy and that's all that really matters. Right?

I think I'll be blunt and get all the details that no one likes to talk about out of the way first. I am bisexual. I'm very much bisexual, and there's nothing anyone can say to make me think otherwise. I know what I like, and I've become very opinionated on the topic of my sexuality. I don't like they way I'm treated by people because I'm not heterosexual. It really bothers me. And this isn't the whole hate thing you'd probably be expecting, but acceptance has its downsides as well. I know I'm not the most masculine guy (more on that later) but I'm still a man damn it! Just because I'm not into football and working out does not mean I'm some pansy. I don't show my masculinity a lot, that's all. It does not meant I'm gonna be your 'Gay Best Friend' or your 'Shopping buddy'. In fact I loathe shopping, I'm not good at it; and I absolutely despise people who think I'm gonna be girlfriend in a guy's body. Seriously, don't make assumptions because I'm Bi. Assumptions are dangerous enough as it is, don't make them even worse.

Despite the above fire, I'm honestly not an angry person generally. I'm just very spirited and full of passion (which I channel into my work) much to the point where I come off as easily peeved if you don't know me. For those of you that do know me, you can already tell it's a bad idea to piss me off; although I can keep a lid on my anger for a very long time, when I burst I destroy things. I don't let it happen often so I guess it just builds up; thankfully I have mediums through which to drain all of that negative energy.

I personally think I overdo things quite a bit, and that also applies to my emotions as well. I don't know, but I guess it's a good thing in some areas and bad in others. I'm easily excited and burn a lot of energy very quickly, which is fine until I burn it all and then I take a swing. I'm very much an extrovert, so I generally don't crash around people, but I feel that's sort of made me rely on others to keep myself on a high. I don't really like it, but there's not too much I can do about it (I've tried nearly everything) and it's not too much of a problem. It's not giving me suicidal thoughts or anything when I'm not around people so I think I'm (technically) alright. And besides it gives me even more reason to have an online life; not just to feel better more, but to create stronger relationships.

I'm definitely not assertive in real life, I honestly try to be more passive as it suits my method of dealing with questionable people (see: Manipulation). Now, on the topic of manipulation, I'm not trying to harm anybody or make people my slaves or anything. I simply do not want to be targeted or bothered by people (as there is a LOT you can use against me if you dig deep enough) and would rather have everyone unimportant think of me as insignificant. It just makes it easier to deal with people that I know would hurt me or just aren't worth my time. Now I certainly show myself to my friends, and more often than not they accept me and my flaws. A lot of them even think I'm sorta smart for the whole manipulation thing, which I'm not particularly proud of, but it helps me feel a little better about doing it.

That's pretty much all of the bad on me, and I hope that it doesn't push anyone away from getting to know me and being my friend. I have plenty, but I always want more friendships. Gives me a chance to create connections with as many people as possible, and I don't want to lose that. Which if I'm going to make it in the field of work I want to, I'll need every connection possible. Said field being Performance Art.

I don't know what it is, but performing is just... it does something to me. It's certainly not in my blood, but I feel like I would not be me if I could express myself through acting or singing. I love nothing more than entertaining people and I guess a part of that comes from the applause at the end. But whether or not I get a standing ovation and cheering, I think it's mostly the fact that entertainment takes your mind off of things. It can make you smile when you feel like you want to die, or turn any situation around for a little while. To see the happiness on peoples' faces when I finish a show is just... it's a feeling unlike any other.

I'm also fairly good at non-performance arts, particularly writing (I can draw but I'm no Picasso) as many of the people on here know. If I can't make it as an Actor/Singer/Director then I will definitely be writing. I just... love it so much. I can write about anything and make something amazing in the end that I can be proud of. Not to mention it helps me vent, which is great because ranting sometimes just doesn't scratch that itch. I can't write smut though. :/ I guess that is good considering I am underage, but I really would like to figure it out. I won't be sixteen forever, and if I feel like it for whatever reason I would like to be able to do so.

I love to read. It kinda goes hand in hand with the writing thing. I could spend hours reading and not get bored (unless the book is just downright terrible); I just... love to read. I'll critique too! Certainly not for major books (as I prefer for my reviews to actually be read) but if I can be assured the writer will see it I certainly will review. And I'm blunt when I review. There is no reason to sugar coat, but I won't bash you either. Constructive criticism is the key to any review, or help in general. At least in my opinion.

I also love gaming, yes I'm a total nerd. I'll play anything once (similar to my music taste, I'll listen to anything once); though I seem to favor Harvest Moon, Mario, Legend of Zelda, Fire Emblem, Kingdom Hearts, Final Fantasy, and that sort of thing. I'm also pretty big on Skyrim and can blame my friend Garrett for getting me addicted to that. I mean seriously, that shit cray! (Yes I just shamelessly used the word 'cray') Of course I mean that in a good way because it is a great game, seriously I don't think I'll ever be bored of it.

Jumping topics back towards writing (you'll find I jump topic a LOT), I am writing my own fan fiction. Based on Harvest Moon, it's entitled Every Time We Touch and I'll shamelessly provide a link for you guys to go read it: http://www.fanfiction.net/s/7982539/1/Every_Time_We_Touch

So... yeah... go read it! If you like supernatural and romance you will love it, I'm sure~

Uhh... since I went into my views on my sexuality earlier, I guess I'll go into likes and dislikes. I really don't have requirements or anything, other than being a good, kind, caring person. You can't be a douchebag (might want to take a look at this to see what my definition of douchebag is), that is something I simply will not tolerate. Uhh... I guess in a girl I like free spirits and affectionate, not afraid to say what she's thinking, and always willing to talk. In guys, I sorta fall for the strong/silent/teddybear types so I guess that counts as my likes. But they are just likes, I'll be happy with anyone who falls into the aforementioned categories. I'm just looking for love really, young as I am, I don't want anything fake honestly. I don't see that as much of a problem. Note: I will not do the whole internet relationship/dating thing. It's just... I can't do that.

I think that covers it for the moment, those are the big things. If you want to know anymore just ask. :) I'm definitely not opposed to sharing!
Silver
Silver
Prince of Dreams
Prince of Dreams

https://www.facebook.com/pages/Xavier-Rains/314656341904106

Back to top Go down

Post by Creame Tue Aug 07, 2012 1:57 am

Allindur wrote:I'm not completely sure if people are nice to me or it's my self-criticism acting up, so I just bear with it and try not to re-read my work too much. I've created this huge world with dozens of different storylines in it on my head, just for fun, but have never been able to make anything productive out of it. I dream of publishing it, all of it, but I can never get myself to start, and when I do, I stop after a few pages. That's why I mostly write small tales, and even then, I don't always finish them. I have a problem with finishing things. I think half the problems in my life would be solved if I learned to finish stuff...
*sigh*
This happens to me a lot too. My mind will think up scenarios, so I will think about them a lot and play them out how I'd like, but I try to write it down and my mind just draws a blank. I'd like to write a story of my own, so I've been only writing short stories. I only post them on my facebook because I don't like people reading them accept my close friends, and I know nobody on facebook pays attention to those kinds of things, hehe.

@Zeri and Rawr - oh u... :B
Since everyone has made these huge posts, I'll type a little more, I suppose~

@Cerani - I was surprised at everyone, too. The more you know~~~

Hmm, well, I tend to be pretty optimistic~ I can find the joy in simple things (I'm a simpleton hurr), and it doesn't take a lot to make me happy. I tend to trust easily and also forgive easily, but if you somehow manage to break that trust, our friendship/relationship will almost always be permanently strained. No matter how hard I try to forget the whole ordeal, it always sits in the back of my mind. I love to please people, and I like helping people. I try to look at the world in a realistic manner, but at the end of the day, I just want to believe in humanity. If I make someone sad or upset, I tend to brood over if for a long time. How to make it up to them, what I did wrong, what can I say to them next time I see them...

I really, REALLY dislike confrontation and conflict, which is why I never post in the debate section of the form. If I think I'm bothering someone or I'm being rude, I'll stop talking for a while. I try to take the other person's personality and feelings into consideration every time I talk to them. I care a lot about other's opinions, probably more than my own. I am considered smart by my friends and peers, but I think I am average. Maybe it's because I wear glasses~ Speaking of glasses, I really love glasses. I have a megane fetish, I really think glasses are hot. o3o I also like strangely colored hair, and I plan on dying my hair pink sometime before I head to college... >:3

Sometimes I get irritated when people judge me for being religious. A newly-met buddy and I can be hitting it off really well, but as soon as I mention my religion, they back off all cautiously like I'm not even a person anymore. It's the same with sexuality. I don't care what you are, we are all humans. We all are born, breath, eat, drink, shit, piss, and die the same. It doesn't matter if you believe that people rot in the ground when they die, or their spirit goes to another place, or they are reincarnated... I think that what truly matters is the time we spend with our current lives now with other people. I wish more people would have that mindset, too.

In real life, I tend to be really straight-faced (my nickname at my summer camp was 'Poker Face'), which makes people think I'm really uncaring or unapproachable, which is actually the opposite. I had a friend tell me he thought I was scary when he first met me, but then he got to know me and we became good friends. :3
Some random things: I can't sleep with any lights on, I like the dark. I am terrified of scary movies and horror video games. Hm, sometimes I think my IQ is gradually declining. Though I named myself WhippedCreame here on the forums, the truth is that I've grown out of my sweet-tooth since then... I still love dessert, but not as much... My favorite pastry is strawberry creame cake and fruit parfaits (both with lots of whipped creame, of course). My dream is to one day create my own dating-sim/visual novel, to travel the world and learn many cultures and languages, and open my own shop selling worldly goods.

That's all for now. It was more personality than likes/dislikes, but whatever. xDD

Edit: @Silv - I didn't know you played Harvest Moon. :U
I don't really read fanfics but I'll read it because I'm getting into a HM swing again lol...
Creame
Creame
REM Dweller
REM Dweller

Back to top Go down

Post by TheNinjaSlayer Tue Aug 07, 2012 9:05 am

Shadrawr wrote:
@Ninja: Lol post as much as you want. And I've not been bored by anyone yet. =P
Perhaps I'm just simple, but I don't have much to add either. XD
TheNinjaSlayer
TheNinjaSlayer
Cat Napper

Back to top Go down

Post by Allindur, the Lightfoot Tue Aug 07, 2012 9:12 am

In fact I really don't know what I was thinking when I did...THAT last night. Now I just feel self-centered. Please, file that abomination under you tl:dr mind folder.
Allindur, the Lightfoot
Allindur, the Lightfoot
Fleeting Dreamer
Fleeting Dreamer

Back to top Go down

Post by TheNinjaSlayer Tue Aug 07, 2012 9:14 am

Naaaah, it's important to know yourself. I probably just lack that trait.
TheNinjaSlayer
TheNinjaSlayer
Cat Napper

Back to top Go down

Post by Luminous Tue Aug 07, 2012 2:40 pm

In all honesty I barely know myself sometimes.
It happens I guess.
FYI: I did read everything but I'm so tired today (severe lack of sleep) so I'll save an intelligent reply for later, sorry. e.e
Luminous
Luminous
Siesta Master

Back to top Go down

Post by Sponsored content

Sponsored content

Back to top Go down

Permissions in this forum:
You cannot reply to topics in this forum