Eternal Dream
Would you like to react to this message? Create an account in a few clicks or log in to continue.

Eternal Dream: Online

+6
Kurio
Zerifachias
Masquerade
Cerani
Xenosaga
Durn
10 posters

Page 12 of 13 Previous  1, 2, 3 ... , 11, 12, 13  Next

Go down

Eternal Dream: Online - Page 12 Empty Re: Eternal Dream: Online

Post by Xenosaga Sat Jun 15, 2013 11:59 am

"MOTHERFU-!"

Here I was, comfortably dozing off into the soft fur of this cute, cuddly-Oh, who the fuck was I kidding, I was going to kill this thing. Do you know how morbid it was, listening to the thing? I swear to god, it was really going to try to eat us! It would not shut up about our life energy or some shit and how tasty it is! How the hell is that supposed to make me feel safe and comfortable?!

And it was a good thing I didn't because the next thing I know, the puffball is being ripped to pieces and all three of us are falling from the sky. My scream ended up being cut off when I tumbled into the air. I only had a split second notion of 'oh fuck' before the ground began to rise to meet my face. With reflexes I didn't realize I had, I instinctively tucked, ducked and rolled, minimizing the damage I would have taken from the fall.

As I came to a stop, I had to lay down for a few moments to catch my breath and to make the world stop spinning. Oh god, I was really starting to feel nauseous now. That roll I took did not help my aching body. Now, I was just feeling more pain. Deja vu, anyone? Yeah, I thought so. Sucking in a breath, only to cough it out because ew smoke, I rubbed my face and looked up.

The place was utterly violated. And not in a good way. I flinched at the burning heat, discreetly scooting back so as not get burned. I glanced around quickly, just to make sure Cerani and Durn were with me. Thankfully, they were, though a little beaten up. Then again, so was I and that ride wasn't exactly relaxing. Though, you had to feel sorry for the poor thing. Being ripped through like that. I know I wouldn't like that to happen to me. Except, if I had to choose how I wanted to die, I wouldn't mind being run through.

Okay, that was a little morbid. Let's stop thinking like that.

I could distinctly hear screaming in the distance but I couldn't really make out the words over the roaring flames and crackling woods. I was always told I have bad hearing anyway. I'm not surprised. But, at least I knew there were others. I grimaced. Not a good way to remember that dude we met who died. Uggggh, we never even got his name. Or, if we did, I forgot it. HEY. A lot of things have been going on, okay? I'm more worried about my life and my friends' lives. Don't have no time for strangers.

But, I digress.

"First thing's first," I grumbled, rubbing my sore arms. They ended up taking the brunt of my landing. "We really need to get out of here. And maybe find whoever is screaming." The last sentence was really said for my friends. I didn't know if they wanted to find any of these dying people but I really didn't.

[Xenosaga] starts at [P-9].
Xenosaga
Xenosaga
Never Awaken
Never Awaken

Back to top Go down

Post by Kurio Sat Jun 15, 2013 5:55 pm

Kuori starts at cell A-5

Okay so I lost the puffball and now there's fire and destroyed trees everywhere. This game just took a turn for the worst, though I had to chuckle slightly when Vergil let out an outburst due to what I could only assume was his frustration with this game. By this time the feathers had disappeared and my body was back to normal, This time I managed to land on my feet. There seemed to be some kind of rule with my transformation, as I can't seem to always do it whenever I felt like it. I would be asking Beatrice for more information on this Tactician class I picked but now didn't seem like a good time with all the burning. Yeah, better take care of this problem first, and then I could question the raven.
Kurio
Kurio
Masochistic Kitty Kat Maid

Back to top Go down

Post by Allindur, the Lightfoot Sun Jun 16, 2013 8:58 pm

After being left to wander off by myself, many questions started popping in my head. One would assume someone just out of such a mess would be dying to make verbal contact with friendly creatures. One would, again, be wrong. I was very pleased with where I was, and found the whole place deeply visually appealing, I was content with roaming around the tree, enjoying the view. Moreover, I had a ton of questions, but one would need to understand this place as a game to answer me those, which was obviously not the case with the Glow. Don't get me wrong, it's not that I didn't believe them. I had no problem with the perspective of this not being a game at all, I just realised by now that the rules here were different from Earth, and I wanted to know how different, to what extend.

My mind wandered on that path when I caught me thinking about wounds. The pain here was intense, and real, though I could not know how much, since I had never suffered that kind of wound in my old life, but as much gruesome as the wounds looked, they didn't behave like they should. We had been terribly wounded, but aside from Silver's state or my hurt legs in the first battle, it never had too much of a big impact on our ability to fight. Moreover, I was already recovered from wounds that should have already be infecting and killing me. Our bodies clearly worked differently here, and it was probably because of this absurd resilience that pain here was so much more pleasant than it already was on Earth. Because it carried no fear of permanent injury.

But my body had to have a limit to what it could regenerate, didn't it? I wonder, what limit it might be? As I leaned against  the massive trunk I gazed at my hand and thought about that, until I decided I should probably test this limit.

Suddenly, a thousand blossoms of deep red covered my sight, blinding me. My head exploded in a maddening flash of red light. And then there was darkness. I found myself laying against the trunk this time, sliding slowly to the ground, a sense of numbness going down from my head, enveloping my back and my arms, and travelling down to my legs. Soon, the pain took over my entire body, and I was relaxed as if sliding into slumber. The red slowly dissipated, allowing me to at least see again with the left eye. The eye I still had.

I waited until I could focus my sight again, and looked at my hand, covered in my red blood, that oh-so-familiar slimy sphere resting inside my palm. I lifted it by the nerve, not specially interested, and tossed it aside. Slowly and carefully I slid my fingers around my face, until I met the hollowed socket where my right eye used to be. With no ceremony, I stuck my finger in it. A jolt of thunder ran across my whole body again, leaving me numb. Ok, the nerve split very close to the back of the socket, so I would not have any unconfortable string hanging around, also, I could already notice the wound was bleeding much less than it was suposed to. That proved part of my point. Now I needed to wait to see how long it would take to reform, if ever.

I sat around for a minute to gather my strengh back, and then got up. A gust of wind caught me head on, raking the socket like a steel knife. Another stroke of numbness almost threw me back to the ground. It just could not stay that way. I raised my hand, and caught a crystallized shadow that hovered around me. I probably generated it in the process of hurting myself, I thought for a moment, before smashing it against my own face. It was like sticking my head inside a frozen lake AND inside a bonfire. At the same time. The shock tossed me against the trunk again, and I needed a few seconds to catch my breath again.

Exploring the hollow wound with my fingers again, I found out exactly what I expected to find: I managed to cauterize the wound, it still hurt, but the absense of a nerve would make it so little sensitive, it would probably not be a huge set back. Also, now the bleeding was completely halted. I smiled content. Everything went better than expected, uh? I took out my scarf, and used my sword to hack it in pieces, taking a makeshift eye patch from it, and leaving cloth enough to improvise a pair of gloves. Yay. Now I would not be deformed AND had a very fashionable accessory. I calculated I had been out for enough time, and decided to go see Silver again.

I saw Masq in the distance, but never really had the chance to talk to him. The entire tree exploded into eldritch flames, and I was falling before I could say a word. I blacked out for a moment. Not because of the shock or anything, I was already too lucid from the pain for that, but because my head hit hard on a piece of root.

After the black was vanished and I could see something other than floating stars, I started getting back on my feet, only to hear Masq talking to me.

-Yeah, yeah, but I have a feeling we will have to hack a few plants to do that, that's the part I'm interested in right now.

It was goot Masq was not looking at me at that time. I had just gotten to a new perspective in that place. A frightening new perspective. A perspective most inhabitants would find very familiar, but not most earthlings. A perspective that brought an impossibly broad smile to my face.

Allindur starts at cell H3.
Allindur, the Lightfoot
Allindur, the Lightfoot
Fleeting Dreamer
Fleeting Dreamer

Back to top Go down

Post by Durn Tue Jun 18, 2013 10:24 pm

A grim darkness overcame Sakura's eyes amidst the wandering flames of the Home Tree as she turned away from the party. Few words came from her, yet those words were significant: "I need to find my friends." It was a situation far too similar to the party for them to deny her right to leave. They, too, wanted to find their allies. With a quick nod, and a promise to meet once again, Sakura dashed off into the twisted, smoke-stained night.

--~--
Durn starts at O10.

I could've probably described myself as unenthused.

I was pretty darn unenthused that I landed on a splintered piece of flaming root that almost managed to graze right through my side. I was pretty darn unenthused that CC and Xeno were also unenthused. Today sucked. When was the last time I ate? Wait- why was I worrying about that in the first place? Man, my freaking side was bleeding because I landed the wrong way after falling some-odd feet from the sky because our blubber balloon exploded or something. Food? Yeah that could wait until later, but-

Dude, what was happening? I held my right hand against my wound, though no blood seeped through my shirt, nor did any organs plop out of my body and sink through the muddy dirt beneath me. I lifted my shirt, and there was... stone? Dude, my wound was made of stone. At that point, I hadn't been too surprised, as it had been one of the tamer instances I'd experienced that day. Maybe I could protect myself with some kind of crazy stone armor shit? That was legit.

Or so I thought. Walking with that little piece of rock poking out of my side really sucked. However, before Xeno and CC could really notice it, it fell off, and my wound had completely healed.

Trippy shit, man.

Zone 01: The Backwards Wood
Part J - Krizantema

Objectives: Defeat Crison Artiel, the Weed of the Heart!

Achievement: N/A

Music: Glow in Ashes

{X} { } { } {Z} {K} { } { } { } {T} {T} {T} {T} {T} A
{X} {X} {X} {V} { } {T} { } { } { } { } {5} { } {T} B
{X} {X} {X} {X} { } { } {T} { } {T} { } {T} { } {T} C
{X} {X} {X} {X} {T} { } { } {T} { } { } {T} { } { } D
{X} {X} { } { } { } {T} { } { } { } {T} { } { } {T} E
{X} {X} { } {X} { } { } {X} {X} {T} { } { } { } { } F
{X} {M} { } {X} {X} { } { } {T} { } { } { } {G} { } G
{X} {X} {A} {X} {X} { } { } {4} { } { } {T} {C} {X} H
{X} { } { } { } { } { } {X} {X} {X} { } { } {X} {X} I
{X} {X} {X} {X} { } { } {X} {X} {X} {X} { } {X} {X} J
{X} {X} {X} {X} {X} {3} {X} {X} {X} { } {2} { } { } K
{X} {X} { } { } { } { } { } {X} { } { } { } {X} { } L
{X} {1} { } { } { } { } { } {X} { } {X} {X} { } { } M
{ } { } {X} { } { } {X} { } { } { } { } {X} {T} { } N
{ } {S} { } {X} {X} {X} {X} { } {C} {D} {X} {X} {X} O
{X} {X} { } { } {X} {X} {X} {X} {X} { } { } { } {X} P
-1---2---3---4---5---6---7---8---9--10--11--12--13-

Party
Spoiler:

Boss Encounter
Spoiler:

Laughing Walls
Spoiler:

Legend
Spoiler:

Player Phase 1!
Durn
Durn
Hermit Sage
Hermit Sage

Back to top Go down

Post by Cerani Tue Jun 18, 2013 10:51 pm

I heard Xeno, honestly, I did. But after checking that they were both still breathing and conscious, there were two things. One, someone's very agitated and rather accurate yell that I could clearly hear over the roaring flames. Two, oh my fucking god was that Quinn yelling? Was it? Is it? Panic rose in my chest and I started breathing harder, which was really not a good idea what with the smoke inhalation and whatnot, and I immediately started coughing too.

I turned away from the flames (a lot more difficult than it sounds, they're everywhere) and caught my breath again. Holy shit Quinn might be here in this literal hot mess. I strained to hear him again . . I heard angry screaming. My insides went cold and I found myself striding into the burning wreckage, trying to shield my face from the intense heat. I called out into a smoking corridor to my left. "QUIIIIIIN?" God dammit, Quinn, you better be alive.

Cerani moves to N-7.
Cerani
Cerani
Right Hand of Destruction

Back to top Go down

Post by Silver Wed Jun 19, 2013 8:06 pm

"QUIIIIIIN?"

Okay. Now that was freaky. Someone was calling my name--someone behind the wall that stood between me and the rest of this heaven gone to hell. And it sounded familiar. My anger ebbed for just a little bit as I ran the voice through my head. Who could it possibly be? None of my friends in real life had enough money to dump on this game... that wasn't a game. That left... "Oh, no..." I whispered, suddenly terrified. My real life friends didn't have enough money for this, but my online friends clearly did: only one of them called me by my real name.

Silver moves to N2!

"Shit!" I cursed again, a panic rising in my chest as I ran toward the wall. I didn't bother to slam my fists against it--it probably had some sort of defense mechanism with that creepy ass mouth on it. Unable to physically do anything I screamed again, anger rising in me once more. "CECILIA!" I cried out, feeling the waves of emotions wash over me. CC couldn't be here. She didn't need to be experiencing this hell! True, it would be amazing to meet her, but she didn't deserve to be trapped in this fucking bonfire with me. She didn't need to be one step closer to death all the time by being here! "CECIIIIIILLLLLIIIIAAAAAAAA!!!" I screeched again, a sudden red aura surrounding me and battering the wall.

Silver taps into Fury! +2 Basic Attacks for Three Turns!
Remaining Mp: 22/30

Silver's S-Ability, Extrasensory, activates! Silver enters Furious State!

Silver's R-Ability, Overemotional, activates! Laughing Wall 1 gains 1 stack of Overemotional!
Silver
Silver
Prince of Dreams
Prince of Dreams

https://www.facebook.com/pages/Xavier-Rains/314656341904106

Back to top Go down

Post by Zerifachias Tue Jun 25, 2013 4:17 pm

So the girl left us. Whatever. We didn't need her help anyway, and if she didn't want out help, so be it. Besides, with all the yelling already happening, I could tell I'd be seeing more familiar faces quite soon. I wouldn't just be with Kuori and Vergil here. I could hear two familiar names being shouted, though I never addressed those two from their real names. Even so, they must be quite the distance away, I might actually have to walk this time.

Probably best to start walking.

Zeri moves to A-6.

I suppose a bit of a boost was in order. With a quick, written sentence in the air, the magic ink from my pen seemed to glow and give off this feeling that only I could sense. A feeling of being rushed, a feeling of creative genius flowing through my nervous system. Now I could really start moving around and punching shit. Figuratively, of course. I would never risk the precious, fragile bones in my hands by hitting something with them.

Zeri writes in the Spur of the Moment! Grants Haste!

MP: 17/25
Zerifachias
Zerifachias
Totes-Mcgoats
Totes-Mcgoats

Back to top Go down

Post by Xenosaga Wed Jun 26, 2013 9:43 am

"Who?" I had to ask as Cerani screamed into the fiery depths of hell for someone she probably knew since she was screaming a name. Too dramatic? Close enough. I had to pause for like three seconds to rack my head into remembering whether or not I knew whoever she was talking. I mean, I only know one Quinn and that's from the internet. I admit, my face twitched when I thought that.

I am, honestly, really glad there's been a shitton of blood and gore because I didn't have to think about it but internet. Holy fuck, what am I supposed to do with internet. It's my goddamned life. I can't live without it. Thank fucking god it's been a bunch of action-packed pain because nothing is worse than having no internet. I can't survive without it. I tried and it lasted all of five minutes. You think I'm being sarcastic? I'm not.

If there is a computer with internet connection, I don't care about the horrid monstrosities infesting this world, I will love it. Automatically. The land could skewer me with sticks, I would still love it because it has internet. If it does and I can't access it, I will go on a murderous rampage and pillage and rape asses everywhere. With a rusty spoon. I swear to god.

But I'm going off on a tangent here, I should be more worried about the fact that this Quinn could-was probably Silver and considering I had Durn and Cerani with me, I will probably end up meeting with half of my Eternal Dream friends.

Now that's a terrifying thought.

"Alright, since Cerani is clearly going to be Silver's knight in shining armor," I murmur, too low to be heard over the burning wood. "I think I'll head in another direction and see what I can find." Yes, I am talking to myself. It's called thinking out loud. Try it sometime.

[Xenosaga] moves to [L-9].

"I'm going to check out what's over here!" I shouted towards the other two as I moved. I'm not sure if Cerani heard me considering she's in Big Sis Mode but I wasn't too worried. I was a little more worried about myself, actually. Rushing it like I was now didn't seem like a good idea. I should probably make some cover for myself.

[Xenosaga] uses Sneak! Bestows Invisible.
MP: 19/25
Xenosaga
Xenosaga
Never Awaken
Never Awaken

Back to top Go down

Post by Vergil Wed Jun 26, 2013 11:50 am

Well, it was time to get on the move again; nothing was going to be achieved by just standing here and twiddling my thumbs. Zeri went through the left path of the fork and I suppose I could take the right one to maybe cover more ground and possibly find something of interest. However, I swear to (insert deific figure here) that if there is a fucking rope trap lying around that snags me and pulls me upside-down, I'm going to fucking lose it. It's one of the most done-to-death clichés in the woods, and I for one will not stand for it... not that I could stand if I was hanging upside-down anyway.

Vergil moves to C-6

Who knew what kind of freakish monsters lurked in this area. Possibly a number of ghosts, or Zubats, or even skaters. My body shuddered at the thought.
Vergil
Vergil
Void Sleeper
Void Sleeper

Back to top Go down

Post by Allindur, the Lightfoot Fri Jun 28, 2013 10:19 pm

Well, there was not a lot of strategy to be used here, there was a maze of burning...stuff, and fire. A whole lot of fire. Also, freaky flora. So navigate, and chop, chop and navigate. I could feel my face muscles sting a little. Was I still smiling? Yes, I actually was. Oh, well, so be it. There was really some kind of dark, acid humor in all of this, if you looked hard enough. Also, even though the place was hot as hell, which was VERY unconfortable, given that I never like any amount of heat, this fiery rescue scenario was always pretty epic, so I could maybe stand this for a while.

On the other hand...whatever burned and riped apart the tree couldn't have gotten very far, could it?

-Let's go, Masq, there's people to be rescued!

Allindur moves to I5.

Allindur stands smiling at nothing.
Allindur, the Lightfoot
Allindur, the Lightfoot
Fleeting Dreamer
Fleeting Dreamer

Back to top Go down

Post by Masquerade Tue Jul 16, 2013 11:32 am

Masq moves to H3.

Despite only having one eye now for whatever reason, Allindur seems pretty excited to rush to everyone's rescue which I now suppose is a good thing as I ready my twin needles in anticipation for a fight, for whatever has done this to the Glow tree has to be a merciless, hostile being. There will be a fight, and we are certainly not getting out of this mess easily. Above the cries of the Glow and the roar of the flames, I hear more voices--shouts really. One of the voices is very familiar, and shouts a name I recognize. I now realize that me, Allindur, and Silver aren't the only Eternal Dream members playing, for my best friend CC's voice is the one I recognize. I haven't heard it in so long, but it is undeniably hers. Now added to my list of things to do just below "survive" is to find her. And Silver of course.

Sweat starts to form on my brow as I take off after Allindur, letting him take the lead seeing as how he's more able to sustain damage apparently. I do not know what happened to his eye, but if he's just walking around without it with no problems, I reckon he has a pretty high tolerance for pain. At this point in time, I am not apt to ask questions, so I just let it be and intend to support him from behind. The heat is getting unbearable, and the smoke is making it hard to breathe. I try to keep my mouth and nose covered, and that seems to help a bit. I long for fresh air at this point, but from the looks of things, we're going to be here for a while.

Masq waits.
Masquerade
Masquerade
Eternal Dreamer
Eternal Dreamer

https://eternaldream.forummotion.com

Back to top Go down

Post by Kurio Wed Jul 17, 2013 9:05 pm

Kuori moves to cell A-7

Okay with all the burning trees and shit that seemed to have created a huge maze for us the most logical answer was to fly over the damn trees right? So why couldn't I transform into the bird-raven-beast anymore? I looked to Beatrice and she simply stared back at me without saying anything. Wonderful, the only thing I have to get information from isn't complying now. I'd have to figure everything out on my own, fan-fucking-tastic. I took a few steps forward, placing myself in front of Zeri. "I suppose this will be a testament to my tactical abilities." I muttered under my breath.

And I need to stop talking to myself.

Kuori waits
Kurio
Kurio

Back to top Go down

Post by Durn Thu Jul 18, 2013 2:52 pm

Durn moves to N8.

I don't know whose idea it was to split into a bunch of little groups, but Xeno was headed one direction, while Cerani was hellbent on bashing through the other pathway in order to find Silver. Speaking of Silver, I never heard any screaming of any kind; you know, aside from Cerani's. I could hear that very well, seeing that she was standing right next to me.

My ears regretted every second of it.

But, really? Spreading into two different groups might be the worst idea ever. What if one of us is captured by god-knows-what? Or is just flat out killed? Decimated? Burnt? Slaughtered? Maimed? I don't even know, but I figured I'd best tail Cerani for the time being. I'm sure Xeno could slip out of any sticky situation, since... well, she's an assassin? I think? Rogue? Something like that-

Falling heaps of root and flame braised my leg. I screamed too.

Now Cerani and I were both screaming.

Lovely.

Part J - Krizantema

{X} { } { } { } { } {Z} {K} { } {T} {T} {T} {T} {T} A
{X} {X} {X} { } { } {T} { } { } { } { } {5} { } {T} B
{X} {X} {X} {X} { } {V} {T} { } {T} { } {T} { } {T} C
{X} { } { } {X} {X} { } { } {T} { } { } { } {G} { } G
{X} {X} {M} {X} {X} { } { } {4} { } { } {T} {C} {X} H
{X} { } { } { } {A} { } {X} {X} {X} { } { } {X} {X} I
{X} {X} { } { } { } { } { } {X} {X} { } { } {X} { } L
{ } {S} {X} { } { } {X} {C} {D} { } { } {X} {T} { } N
{ } { } { } {X} {X} {X} {X} { } { } { } {X} {X} {X} O
{X} {X} { } { } {X} {X} {X} {X} { } { } { } { } {X} P

Silver gains 2 basic attacks! [Silver]

Silver enters Furious State! [Silver]

Laughing Wall 1 becomes overemotional! (1) [Silver]

Xenosaga becomes invisible! [Xenosaga]

Zeri gains haste! [Zeri]

Enemy Phase 1!

Deep within the endless, dancing flames that engulfed the tree in an eternal inferno, a sole woman, her pale skin dressed and covered by crimson roses and blackened thorns, stood alongside a humanoid creature, whose skin held a bark-like texture. "They're here. Stronger entities. Not Glow. Stronger." The man of tree shook its leaves, which had been dimly ignited by the nearby sparks and flames that raged about.

"As strong as Astapor?" The rose woman beckoned gleefully, a curling smile winding its way unto her twisted visage. She had long waited for a foe as strong as the Chieftain Glow, Astapor the Devourer. Unfortunately, Krizantema's endless earth magic bound Astapor to his chamber, deep beneath the Glow Tree, so that he may not interfere with the tree's destruction. This saddened Crison Artiel, though it made the mission far easier, so she decided not to complain.

"No. Not Astapor. But strong. My branches. Full of energy. They are near." The bulkish giant of foliage muttered in response, which caused the rose woman, Crison Artiel, to twitch excitedly and dance about.

"Perfect!" She sang, "Let us end their ventures here!"

Plant Guardsman casts Overgrowth! -14 MP!

Crison Artiel gains haste!

Plant Guardsman gains haste!

Crison Artiel casts Soul Flytrap on J6! -10 MP!

A seed has been planted!

Crison Artiel casts Bleeding Tooth Fungus on M4! -12 MP!

A seed has been planted!

Laughing Wall 1 attacks Silver!

Silver takes 1 damage!

{X} {X} {X} {X} { } {V} {T} { } {T} { } {T} { } {T} C
{X} {X} {M} {X} {X} { } { } {4} { } { } {T} {C} {X} H
{X} { } { } { } {A} { } {X} {X} {X} { } { } {X} {X} I
{X} {X} { } { } { } { } { } {X} {X} { } { } {X} { } L
{ } {S} {X} { } { } {X} {C} {D} { } { } {X} {T} { } N

Party
Spoiler:

Boss Encounter
Spoiler:

Laughing Walls
Spoiler:

Legend
Spoiler:

Player Phase 2!
Durn
Durn
Hermit Sage
Hermit Sage

Back to top Go down

Post by Cerani Fri Jul 19, 2013 5:49 pm

I turned my head and looked back to acknowledge Xeno, but she wasn't there. I searched visually for a couple seconds but Quinn's outraged screaming called me back to my self-imposed mission. Just as I had taken a step forward, someone else's screaming halted me and there was Durn, burning branch and foliage caught on his leg. Quickly I jerked him away from it and made sure he wasn't hurt, merely singed. "Watch out, alright?" I admonished and continued on.

Through the burning wreckage I thought I saw something sprout nearby. I drew my sword as I came up on it because I'll be damned if I'm caught with my pants down in this place, no telling what the hell it is. Not to mention, given our past history with carnivorous plants I wasn't about to take any chances with it. "I don't know what the hell that is, but keep an eye on it." I called back to Alex. "And by god don't step on it."

Cerani moves to M-5.
Cerani
Cerani

Back to top Go down

Post by Silver Sat Jul 20, 2013 2:53 pm

I couldn't hear CC anymore.

"Shitshitshitshitshit!" I cursed under my breath, ignoring the fact that the wall had bit into me rather harshly. I didn't care. I couldn't care. Not when I couldn't tell if Cecilia was okay anymore. Instead I just thrust my arm at the pile of possessed wood and focused all of my rage at it. The thing began to splinter instantly before a giant chunk of it suddenly flew in the other direction–a sizable hole left behind. "CECILIA!" I shouted, bringing my hands to my face in order to better project my voice through the literal hot mess around me. "CAN YOU HEAR ME?! ARE YOU ALRIGHT?!"

Silver attacks Laughing Wall 1! 3 Hits! 9 Int Damage per Hit! 20% Chance of Berserk per Hit!
Silver
Silver
Prince of Dreams
Prince of Dreams

Back to top Go down

Post by Zerifachias Sat Jul 20, 2013 8:40 pm

All of this walking was starting to get on my nerves. I was never one to actually want to walk to places. I'd much rather take a bike, or something. Besides, I don't even know where anything is, or how this place is set up. For all I know, we could be trapped here. If so, then there would be no point in even moving. So what could I do about this situation? My mind was already thinking of multiple possible solutions, but one seemed to be the obvious choice.

I'll draw a map.

Pulling out my pen and a scrap of paper, I sat myself down and began to draw, outlining the area around me and using the magic in the air to draw what I could not see. When I finally finished the map, it showed me everything, including where some destructible walls were. One of them seemed damaged quite a bit already. Was someone trying to break it down? Maybe I could help.

Keeping the coordinates of the damaged wall in the back of my mind, I twirled my pen into the air, creating a sort of inky orb which shot up into the air and teleported to where the wall was. I couldn't see what happened with it, but most likely the orb of ink exploded everywhere, covering the wall and any unfortunate person who might happen to be nearby.

Zeri Draws a Fucking Map! Reveals enemy locations and lowers dodge chance by 20%!

MP: 9/25

Zeri attacks Laughing Wall 1! 8 Int DMG!
Zerifachias
Zerifachias
Totes-Mcgoats
Totes-Mcgoats

Back to top Go down

Post by Vergil Mon Jul 22, 2013 9:27 am

I made my way further onto the path where I stopped in front of a pile of leaves. "Now this isn't conspicuous at all," I thought sarcastically. I knew there was something wrong with this particular pile of leaves, there was no mistaking it. I've watched enough wilderness parodies to know where someone has placed an obvious pitfall or rope trap, or perhaps it was something even worse. For the love of (insert deific figure here), please don't let this be a pit of Punji Sticks. There didn't seem to be any way around this pile either, and I sat there and thought to myself if anyone else playing this game had to deal with something like this. Probably not. I bet half the playerbase were in some fancy castle town somewhere in some tavern or pub posing as female characters and cybering with one another for free equipment. Meanwhile here I am looking at a potentially fatal pile of leaves like a sucker.

Vergil moves to E-7
Vergil
Vergil
Void Sleeper
Void Sleeper

Back to top Go down

Post by Masquerade Wed Jan 15, 2014 3:23 pm

Masq moves to I4.

The screaming and roar of the flames continues to pound my ears, and I am left yearning for silence. It is impossible to concentrate at this time, but I must try my best in order to reunite with Silver and apparently CC, granted there are other screams echoing out over the area that I'm not familiar with. They are surely the screams of allies. I must see them as well. We must all escape from this dreadful nightmare. Peering around the corner, I catch a glimpse of something horrid. Like something out of a madman's imagination stands a strange wall made of tree bark with a face, an expression of deranged mirth plastered onto its face filling the immediate area with its laughter. It is a terrible sound that only adds to the mounting cacophony, and I can feel my heart race faster. Raising my twin needles, I muster up my magic and fire two spheres towards the wall in an attempt to weaken it.

Masq attacks Laughing Wall (3)! 2 hits! 9 Dmg per hit! (INT)

I am not certain how effective my attacks are against it for I retreat behind the corner once more, no longer deigning to rest my eyes upon the abomination. If that is but only one thing that stands in my way, I fear what other monstrosities might lie waiting just beyond the inferno.
Masquerade
Masquerade
Eternal Dreamer
Eternal Dreamer

Back to top Go down

Post by Durn Fri Jan 24, 2014 1:06 pm

Kuori waits.

Durn moves to L7.

Durn attacks Laughing Wall 3! 5 physical damage!

The incineration made against my leg blazed with violent fury, sending chilling waves of pain through my body each time a stray branch grazed it. Despite the pain, I had no choice but to continue onward, crawling beneath collapsed and capsized branches to reach a fragile looking wall of bark. In an attempt to break it, I launched a pair of serrated stones. Though the wall hardly moved, a single eye sprouting onto its exterior as it began to shriek. I wasn't alone. On the other side of the wall, I could feel an energy. A familiar energy.

It was Masq. We just needed to break the wall between us, then we would meet.

Part J - Krizantema

{X} {X} { } { } { } {T} {V} { } { } {T} { } { } {T} E
{X} {X} { } {X} {X} { } { } {4} { } { } {T} {C} {X} H
{X} { } { } {M} { } { } {X} {X} {X} { } { } {X} {X} I
{X} {X} { } { } { } { } {D} {X} { } { } { } {X} { } L
{X} {1} { } { } {C} { } { } {X} { } {X} {X} { } { } M
{ } {S} {X} { } { } {X} { } { } { } { } {X} {T} { } N

Laughing Wall (1) takes 21 damage! [Silver]

Zeri gains True Vision! [Zeri]

Laughing Wall (1) takes 6 damage! [Zeri]

Laughing Wall (3) takes 12 damage! [Masquerade]

Laughing Wall (3) takes 2 damage! [Durn]

Enemy Phase 2!

Plant Guardsman waits.

Crison Artiel casts Bloodhunter Moss on L4! -12 MP!

A seed has been planted!

Crison Artiel casts Doll's Eye on A5! -10 MP!

A seed has been planted!

Laughing Wall (1) attacks Silver!

Silver takes 1 damage!

Laughing Wall (3) attacks Masquerade!

Masquerade takes 3 damage!

Bleeding Tooth Fungus sprouts at M4!

Soul Flytrap sprouts at J6!

{X} {X} { } { } { } {T} {V} { } { } {T} { } { } {T} E
{X} {X} { } {X} {X} { } { } {4} { } { } {T} {C} {X} H
{X} { } { } {M} { } { } {X} {X} {X} { } { } {X} {X} I
{X} {X} {X} {X} { } {7} {X} {X} {X} {X} { } {X} {X} J
{X} {X} { } { } { } { } {D} {X} { } { } { } {X} { } L
{X} {1} { } {6} {C} { } { } {X} { } {X} {X} { } { } M
{ } {S} {X} { } { } {X} { } { } { } { } {X} {T} { } N

Party
Spoiler:

Boss Encounter
Spoiler:

Laughing Walls
Spoiler:

Legend
Spoiler:

Player Phase 3!
Durn
Durn
Hermit Sage
Hermit Sage

Back to top Go down

Post by Masquerade Tue Jan 28, 2014 4:42 pm

Masq attacks Laughing Wall (3)! 2 hits! 9 Dmg per hit! (INT)

It seems as though the wall is not going to come down quietly. I shrug off the remnants of its attack and blast back at it with my own, more bolts of magical energy flying through the air to strike it. I know there is limit to how much of my channeled magic I can use, so I make sure to save that for later, regardless of how much my current level of frustration nags at me to loose all of my magical ability at this damn guffawing wall. I realize, however, after a moment, that it is taking more damage than I should really have been dishing out. Was someone else attacking it as well? Another player. That was the only option at this point.

"Who's there?!" I call out over the din of the crazed laughter and crackling of the blazing inferno. Calling out over the sound of chaos unleashed. Whoever it is, we would need to cooperate in order to escape this place, and if there are others about, get them out safely as well. It would be the joint effort of the ages, something very befitting of an MMO. At least there are some themes that stick despite this being far from a game at this point.

Masq waits.
Masquerade
Masquerade
Eternal Dreamer
Eternal Dreamer

Back to top Go down

Post by Cerani Tue Jan 28, 2014 4:57 pm

Oh fuck me with a fucking stick. No, wait.

I glanced around me, worried for a second that something might actually try. Luckily nothing seemed inclined although I wasn't too sure about the creepy looking fungus in front of me. Good god it had teeth, and googly eyes, and what the hell was with that tongue? There seemed to be another plant sprouting up nearby too. "Oh I am NOT dealing with this today." In no mood to put up with even more carnivorous plants on top of being inside a really big burning plant, and hearing the cries of my trapped friend, well. I got as close as I dared and bashed the overgrown fungus over its way too squishy, plumed head, then turned and slashed the thing in two with a growl.

Cerani uses Hit and Slash [-10 MP] on Bleeding Tooth Fungus (6)! 13 Atk damage, 2 hits!

I grimaced at its dubiously oozing corpse before I realised someone else had called out. Someone else I recognised? " . . Justin?" I called back. Just how many people were there stuck here? And how many did I know?
Cerani
Cerani

Back to top Go down

Post by Silver Tue Jan 28, 2014 8:37 pm

FuckfuckfuckfuckfuckfuckfuckfuckFUCK!?!

"C.C.!" I cried out in vain, still unable to hear my friend through the fucking wall who, even in its severely weakened state, continued to laugh at my worry. I ignored it for the moment, screaming myself hoarse once more despite the crackling around me––deep down I knew I needed to get out of here as quickly as possible, but I didn't want to leave if C.C. had been killed trying to save me. I didn't want to see her corpse.

But as much as I didn't want to see a mangled body, I didn't want to die here also. I had just escaped death, I didn't want it knocking at my door again so soon. That pain... I thought with a grimace, I don't want anyone else to feel that pain! The damned laughing wall in front of me let out another horrid chortle as it bit into me. My eyes sharpened on it and my mouth twisted into a pucker of dissatisfaction.

"Would. You. Just. DIE ALREADY?" I suddenly shouted, focusing all of my ire at the damned obstruction. This time things were different. The wall didn't simply splinter, but a sphere of red energy forced in front of me and shot through it like a bullet cutting through flesh. "HMPH!" I growled, the sphere, now stuck in the center of the wall forcibly expanding until the wall shattered into a million pieces at my feet.

Silver attacks Laughing Wall (1)! 3 Hits! 9 Int Damage per Hit! 20% Chance of Berserk per Hit!

Powered by my rage, I didn't falter in the slightest. I just dashed past the obliterated obstruction into the rest of the tree. "Later bitch," I seethed, rushing out to catch sight of a sword-wielding woman slashing through a rather vicious looking... plant-thing? Wait... woman? "C.C.!" I called out again, "C.C.! Is that you?"

Silver moves to M3!
Silver
Silver
Prince of Dreams
Prince of Dreams

Back to top Go down

Post by Zerifachias Wed Jan 29, 2014 7:29 pm

And so the two friends are reunited once again, to do battle and create babies together.

...Alright, so maybe that "to do battle" bit isn't true, but regardless, that's one of the walls down. I dunno who it was I was helping, but I'm sure that my description of what happened was spot-on. I twirled the pen through my fingers, thinking of what to do next. The area I was in was blocked off as well, but I saw no need to attack the wall just yet. As a writer, I can be absolutely certain of my own safety back here in this pit. Besides, I have two excellent meat shields.

Jokes aside, I should really start doing something about these other enemy units on the field. Looks like one of them was destroyed almost instantly after it got placed. Poor thing...is what I would say, but I don't really care. "Alright, now then. Which of you unfortunate souls require my assistance, hm?" I find one of the walls blocking a part of the burning forest. There's a group of people on one side, and one person standing alone. Odd, where did the other two units disappear to? No matter.

"With my pen, I smite thee!" I say with much gusto, stabbing my map with my pen. In response, a huge pen drops out of the sky and slams down on the exact same spot on the grid. I grin, truly I have artistic freedom with my attacks.

Zeri attacks Laughing Wall 3!
Damage Percentage: 120%!

10 Int DMG!

"Feel the wrath of the sun!" I cry, pointing at the wall to the side, the one that I can actually see. It's about time that I started destroying it. In response to my statement, fire shot down from the sky, much like the pen had, and pierced the wall with much fire and very hot.

Zeri attacks Laughing Wall 5!
Damage Percentage: 140%!

11 Int DMG!
Zerifachias
Zerifachias
Totes-Mcgoats
Totes-Mcgoats

Back to top Go down

Post by Vergil Wed Jan 29, 2014 10:39 pm

So here I was... standing and staring at a pile of leaves for what seems like half a year now. "Well, I'm going to do it now," I announced to anyone listening within earshot. "I shall conquer this pile of leaves by walking over it! I sure hope I don't fall into a pitfall or get attacked by Richard Simmons." Here we go. I began stepping toward the pile of assorted foliage as Bach's "Tocatta and Fugue" played in my head, wondering what the result would be after spinning the wheel of misfortune. I proceeded to think about what other players of this game must be doing at this moment. Perhaps they were in better designed areas with cyberpunk influences, or captivating landscapes across an empty canyon or plain field, yet here I was... in the forest of ass with my greatest enemy being this... A damn. Pile. Of. Fucking. Leaves.

"Maybe I wasn't playing a game," I thought to myself. Yes. Maybe. Perhaps I had finally lost it. Snapped. Gone completely insane. All these people, that deer thing, the annoying assholes of the roundtable. Figments of my imagination gone wild. I begun to see it... the smoky gray forest begin to shift in my vision and all I could see now was the great macrocosm of the universe. Stars and nebulae lay before me as I felt my body becoming lighter, drifting aimlessly forward. Perhaps the pile of leaves was a symbolic trial of life itself. If I were to cross that pile of leaves, I would only find myself across the corner to see the same pile of leaves, serving as a landmark to signify that I had already been here and that I would be going into an eternal loop never to escape. I had seen above it all now, though. There was no more pile of leaves. No more game. No worries. Hakuna Mattata. Love. Jealousy. Touch. Forever. Intense. Passion. Calvin Klein.

Vergil moves to D9.
Vergil
Vergil
Void Sleeper
Void Sleeper

Back to top Go down

Post by Kurio Fri Jan 31, 2014 5:31 pm

Kuori moves to cell B-8

I had taken some time to study my surroundings, but received little information about the area in which we were fighting in aside from the fact that these trees were too close together to squeeze through and seemed far too sturdy to break. Well, except for a few that looked a bit out of the ordinary, a bit more fragile maybe. I approached one of the strange-looking trees, careful to keep my distance to avoid any kind of backlash should it be an ent of sorts, and ordered Beatrice to attack. The raven, much to my surprise, complied and immediately shot toward the tree, puncturing through the bark with her beak before returning to my side. "You know, for someone who's supposed to help guide me through this you're awfully quiet now." I spoke with an exasperated sigh, "Can't you help me a bit here?"

"Caw! Caw!" was the only reply I received.

Kuori uses Raven Scout on Laughing Wall 5. 8 INT Dmg. Chance of Blind
MP: 28/35
Kurio
Kurio

Back to top Go down

Post by Sponsored content

Sponsored content

Back to top Go down

Page 12 of 13 Previous  1, 2, 3 ... , 11, 12, 13  Next