Eternal Dream
Would you like to react to this message? Create an account in a few clicks or log in to continue.

Statistical (slightly) Pokemon Role Play

3 posters

Go down

Statistical (slightly) Pokemon Role Play Empty Statistical (slightly) Pokemon Role Play

Post by Zerifachias Sun Oct 31, 2010 7:44 pm

Okay, Durn is a complete asshole.

He didn't participate in our pokemon role play enough here, at marriland, OR in the forum we created just for the two of us. In fact, none of the role plays that we made have lasted long - our Soul Eater role play has yet to begin. I'm absolutely tired of it.

So! Here is my idea.

A statistical pokemon role play. Just your basic 'journey'-style pokemon role play, but with a bit of a twist to it.

Basically:

-Each character may have up to 6 pokemon in their party.
-In addition, the player may place 30 other pokemon into their "PC," which will look something like this in your profile:

(B) (T) (L) (W) (O) (C)
( ) ( ) ( ) ( ) ( ) ( )
( ) ( ) ( ) ( ) ( ) ( )
( ) ( ) ( ) ( ) ( ) ( )
( ) ( ) ( ) ( ) ( ) ( )

First Row: Bulbasaur/Treeko/Leafeon/Weepinbell/Oddish/Cacnea
Pretty basic. The first row contains pokemon of the Grass-type, so they are marked with the first letter of their name and a green color. Simple, right? Well, let's take a look at row 2.

( ) ( ) ( ) ( ) ( ) ( )
(B) (B) (B) (B) (B) (B)
( ) ( ) ( ) ( ) ( ) ( )
( ) ( ) ( ) ( ) ( ) ( )
( ) ( ) ( ) ( ) ( ) ( )

Second Row: Bulbasaur/Bellsprout/Blastoise/Beedrill/Bellossom/Bagon
This one is a bit harder. You have pokemon with the same first letter. The answer to that one is simple, if they have different colors. It would be wise if you had a full list of the pokemon you have so it's easier to keep track. The trouble comes when deciding which is which. Well, the answer is below.

( ) ( ) ( ) ( ) ( ) ( )
(B) (Be) (B) (B) (Bel) (B)
( ) ( ) ( ) ( ) ( ) ( )
( ) ( ) ( ) ( ) ( ) ( )
( ) ( ) ( ) ( ) ( ) ( )

Second Row: Bulbasaur/Bellsprout/Blastoise/Beedrill/Bellossom/Bagon
See what I did here? Now it's much easier to keep track of all your pokemon, even if the process is a little complicated.

It would also be wise if you were to make a list of what color equals what type of pokemon. Like Dark Blue is Dragon, Green is Grass, that sort of thing. Oh, and Normal types for me would have a neutral color, if you're wondering. And this is all just the PC's, wait until you see what else there is.

Continuing:
-IV's will be taken into account in a very simple manner. The random number generator! For every stat of every pokemon, I will determine their IV's through random.com. Including yours. So if you get something undesirable...tough luck. It's decided as soon as you choose your pokemon, and no take-backsies. (IV's range from 0-31, and your stats will be given extra points when the time is right. Of course, you are to put your IV's in your pokemon's profile so no one loses track of them, including me. I will be watching though.)
-Damage and Power will be calculated the same old way. Basic attacks like Ember have a power of 40 in-game, but out of game, it's 100%. Pretty much add 60% to every move in-game and you have the power in this game. Damage will be calculated through HP, Def, and Spr, as usual.
-As for pokemon moves, you are allowed to have 4 at a time. To buy a new move, you must first be at the appropriate level, have a slot to put the move in, and contact me before doing anything so I can confirm what you are doing is correct. Your pokemon will automatically know 4 moves from the beginning, and they will be basic moves, chosen by you from a list of abilities.
-Here is the POKEMON Profile Sheet:

Code:
Species: (Bulbasaur is a species)
Nickname: (Optional)
Gender: (If pokemon normally does not have a gender, put N/A)
Personality: (Of course we want to know!)
Moveset:

+ Tackle - A running hit knocks the opponent to the ground. 95% Atk DMG (You may round up to 100%). 95% Accuracy. 3 cell range. 8 MP.

+ Growl - A cute growl comes from the pokemon, startling the opponent slightly. Lowers Enemy's Atk by 25%. Single Enemy range. 9 MP.

+ Tail Whip - A cute tail wagging makes the opponent drop their guard. Increases Atk power of the next move by 25%. Single Enemy range.

+ Vine Whip - A strike against the enemy using vines to attack. 100% Atk DMG. Grass-Type. STAB: +50%. If Super-Effective: x2. If Not Very Effective: 1/2. (The effectiveness boost/division can be doubled if the enemy is double-elemental) 4 cell range. 9 MP.

Level: (Current)
Next Level:
Progress:
Next Ability: (What move will your pokemon learn next? http://www.pokemon.marriland.com/platinum/pokedex <--You can use this to find out.)
At Level: (What level will your pokemon learn the above move?  http://www.pokemon.marriland.com/platinum/pokedex <--You can use this to find out.)
Next Evolution: (Bulbasaur evolves into Ivysaur)
At Level: (Bulbasaur evolves at level 16)

HP:
MP:
Atk:
Def:
Int:
Spr:
Move: 2 (Bulbasaur would get +0)

-Here is the TRAINER Profile Sheet:

Code:
Name: (If you don't know this, get out.)
Appearance: (Pictures and descriptions have equal power, but pictures are easier to picture. =3)
Personality: (A short essay about how your character behaves.)
Biography: (I really don't care about your character's history, this is completely optional.)
Type of Trainer: (Gyms, Contests, Breeding, whatever kind of trainer that exists under the bright blue sky fits your fancy.)
Current Party Pokemon: (You should only have one here: Your chosen Starter)

Choices:
Bulbasaur, Charmander, Squirtle
Chikorita, Cyndaquil, Totodile
Treeko, Torchic, Mudkip
Turtwig, Chimchar, Piplup
No other exceptions.

PC Pokemon: (There shouldn't be anything in here for awhile.)
[font=Courier]
( ) ( ) ( ) ( ) ( ) ( )
( ) ( ) ( ) ( ) ( ) ( )
( ) ( ) ( ) ( ) ( ) ( )
( ) ( ) ( ) ( ) ( ) ( )
( ) ( ) ( ) ( ) ( ) ( )[/font]
First Row:
Second Row:
Third Row:
Fourth Row:
Fifth Row:

This is a lot of stuff, I know, but don't worry about it. I'll bet you anything no one has tried to do this before (and succeeded). I want to be the first.

So! Who wants to join? I swear you don't have to worry about math. =3
Zerifachias
Zerifachias
Totes-Mcgoats
Totes-Mcgoats

Back to top Go down

Statistical (slightly) Pokemon Role Play Empty Re: Statistical (slightly) Pokemon Role Play

Post by Silver Sun Oct 31, 2010 7:55 pm

Seems simple enough. I would do it. I have a character I would like to try.
Silver
Silver
Prince of Dreams
Prince of Dreams

https://www.facebook.com/pages/Xavier-Rains/314656341904106

Back to top Go down

Statistical (slightly) Pokemon Role Play Empty Re: Statistical (slightly) Pokemon Role Play

Post by Masquerade Sun Oct 31, 2010 9:35 pm

It does sound interesting. I think you might be able to pull this off, Zeri. I'll lend you my aid in your endeavor, of course.
Masquerade
Masquerade
Eternal Dreamer
Eternal Dreamer

https://eternaldream.forummotion.com

Back to top Go down

Post by Silver Sun Oct 31, 2010 9:38 pm

Question: Does the first pokemon have to be a starter? If not I want an Eevee ^.^

Whoopsies. 4 hours of Nighttime studying and a seven hour dance class has fried my brain. Sorry ^.^"

Last edited by SilverStorm on Sun Oct 31, 2010 10:01 pm; edited 1 time in total
Silver
Silver
Prince of Dreams
Prince of Dreams

https://www.facebook.com/pages/Xavier-Rains/314656341904106

Back to top Go down

Post by Masquerade Sun Oct 31, 2010 9:58 pm

Don't get angry, Zeri; I've got this.

*ahem*

Zeri~Zeri wrote:Choices:
Bulbasaur, Charmander, Squirtle
Chikorita, Cyndaquil, Totodile
Treeko, Torchic, Mudkip
Turtwig, Chimchar, Piplup
No other exceptions.

Only if I'm reading it right of course.
Masquerade
Masquerade
Eternal Dreamer
Eternal Dreamer

https://eternaldream.forummotion.com

Back to top Go down

Post by Zerifachias Mon Nov 01, 2010 8:17 am

You're reading it right, Masq.

Sliv, don't worry too much about it, you'll have a chance at an Eevee. I'm not saying you'll be able to catch it though. There's always the chance of missing a pokemon, because not only will your pokemon be displayed on the battleground, your character, the trainer, will be displayed as well, and pokeballs need to be thrown before the opponent "faints."

I'm willing to start this role play off with any number of people, and newcomers are always welcome. Seeing as how you two are feeling up for this challenge, I think we can begin.

I'll need profiles for your character and your first pokemon, please.

By the way, Chikorita is reserved.
Zerifachias
Zerifachias
Totes-Mcgoats
Totes-Mcgoats

Back to top Go down

Post by Sponsored content

Sponsored content

Back to top Go down