Eternal Dream
Would you like to react to this message? Create an account in a few clicks or log in to continue.

Tower of the Heavens

+4
Inkblot
Zerifachias
Durn
Xenosaga
8 posters

Page 1 of 2 1, 2  Next

Go down

Tower of the Heavens Empty Tower of the Heavens

Post by Xenosaga Thu May 16, 2013 9:34 am

It was done. Completed. Years, decades, even millinneums had been spent carefully stacking each block, piece by piece. The job had been a delicate one, starting from the very bottom and finally, finally, reaching the very top. It could make anyone cry tears of joy and puff out their chest in pride at the sight of such a marvelous figure. The workers had all died from satisfied exhaustion and a mental note was made to reward them in their afterlife. And then an actual note w written because the brain easily forgets things.

Still, it was finished. The red carpets, ribbons, confetti, everything. There would be a parade the likes that have never been seen before. Oh, it was so exciting!

But not yet. It wasn't time to celebrate just yet. There was still one thing left to do.

Spinning in the luxurious wheeled chair, a chin rested atop laced fingers and a devious smirk spread across a shaded face.

"Have you picked your victims?"

/----/

1. Bring on the sheets. I'll try to be as fair as possible with the MP costs so if you think something's too much, complain.
2. Please don't use a color I can't see. I'm serious, it is painful to try to read a really light color on a white background.
3. I didn't give you guys an example sheet because I trust most of you know how to create one that won't make me want to stab my brains out.
4. I will not accept applications once the first battle begins. I'll give you until tomorrow evening or until everybody that stated interest has sent their sheets.
5. Most of you have my contact information. If you become impatient and want an update, send me a message. I'll reply with a yes or a no.
6. Don't complain about the difficulty level. Actually, do complain. I'll just make it harder.
7. You have three days to post something before receiving a warning. If no post shows up two days after that warning, your turn is skipped. You get one last day to post something or else your character is dead. I have eight roleplayers, almost nine if I kept waiting, in this, I can't wait forever for every single one of you.
8. If there is something you can inform me of ahead of time, please do so. If not, inform someone else you can connect with to make them contact me.

Last edited by Xenosaga on Fri May 17, 2013 5:32 pm; edited 1 time in total
Xenosaga
Xenosaga
Never Awaken
Never Awaken

Back to top Go down

Tower of the Heavens Empty Re: Tower of the Heavens

Post by Xenosaga Fri May 17, 2013 5:23 pm

"WELCOME!" Bellowed a voice, loud and feminine. It echoed through the large, white walled room, reverberating in the air. "I am ALPHA and I will be your host and guide through your journey through!" There was an intake of air. "THE TOWER TO THE HEAVENS!" The speaker then squealed, causing a piercing electric shriek to emit, and the sound of hands clapping together excitedly could be heard. "Oh, this is going to be so exciting! Are you guys awake yet? You better! BETA doesn't like waiting and you'll be meeting him once you finish this!"

"Now then, allow me to introduce your competitor! The one! The only! GOO!"

The lights suddenly dimmed into almost darkness before a spotlight fell on a single entity, illuminating their features. It was small. It was green. It was. . . . goo. But it wasn't the only one. Something slopped into existence, trailing slime along the floor as it seemed to crawl its way into the light. It was another glob of goo!

"Uh, what? Wasn't there only supposed to be-" the speaker fell silent and made a noise of acknowledge. "Oh, okay. Mm, hm. Okay. Yeah. Got it. WELL CONTESTANTS! It seems we have received more of you than we had anticipated. SOOOOOOOOOO!"

The lights flickered and flashed and finally, the darkness disappeared, leaving only a giant white room in its wake. Along one of the white walls was some sort of panel with a button on it. In front of that panel, was a mass of goo.

"THESE, will be your opponents! Experimental Subjects A! B! C! D! E! And F! GOOD LUCK AND HAAAAAAAAVE FUUUUUUUUUUUUUUUNNNNNNNNNNNNNN!!!"

Floor One; Battle 001: The Experimental Subjects
Battle Conditions: Defeat your opponents!
---Optional: Push the button!
Atmosphere: Confused - What the-Where are we? [Ally Party - Damage Output -10%; Decreases by 5% each turn. Next Turn: 5%]

{w} {w} {w} {w} {w} {w} {C} {w} {w} {w} A
{w} { } { } {E} { } { } {F} { } { } {w} B
{w} { } {A} { } {B} {C} { } {D} { } {w} C
{w} { } { } { } { } { } { } { } { } {w} D
{w} { } { } { } { } { } { } { } { } {w} E
{w} { } { } { } { } { } { } { } { } {w} F
{w} { } { } { } { } { } { } { } { } {w} G
{w} { } { } { } { } { } { } { } { } {w} H
{w} { } { } { } { } { } { } { } { } {w} I
{w} {w} {w} {w} {w} {w} {w} {w} {w} {w} J
-1---2---3---4---5---6---7---8---9---10-

Experimental Subject A (Goo)
HP: 5/5
MP: 30/30
ATK: 1
DEF: 1
INT: 1
SPR: 1
MOVE: 1

Experimental Subject B (Goo)

Experimental Subject C (Goo)

Experimental Subject D (Goo)

Experimental Subject E (Goo)

Experimental Subject F (Goo)

{w} - Impassable; Impenetrable

{C} - Control Panel
Trigger Command: PUSH THE BUTTON

Player Characters can start in rows H-I!

Starting Phase
Xenosaga
Xenosaga
Never Awaken
Never Awaken

Back to top Go down

Post by Durn Fri May 17, 2013 6:49 pm

Kaleidoscope starts at H8.

There was a growl - a cold, terrible growl that seethed through the bloodstained cloth that draped Kaleidoscope's visage from view, where not a single ounce of flesh lay exposed to the flickering lights. To be truthful with the reader, nine participants had originally been arranged to enter the Tower of the Heavens, though there had been a change of plans somewhere along the line. Eight entered the tower whole; one entered as a sticky blister of blood against the bottom of Kaleidoscope's foot.

So many voices against my eardrums... rattling like bones against iron... Draperies that constricted his mouth and his nose muffled the diabolist's cracked voice, reducing his satanic mutterings to sheer wheezings of terror and inward breaths of cold, undying nightmare.

Six hostiles... no protruding limbs... no serrations to be made nor organs to be caressed... total obliteration is the only escape for these tortured souls... Tell me, Martyr... Tell me how such abominations tick...

Flay... them...

Last edited by Durn on Fri May 17, 2013 10:21 pm; edited 1 time in total
Durn
Durn
Hermit Sage
Hermit Sage

Back to top Go down

Post by Zerifachias Fri May 17, 2013 7:45 pm

Noisy.

That was the only thing that disturbed the mercenary. This announcer was much too noisy. It annoyed her, but the voice did disappear, so that was good. She entered in with seven others, but the girl felt nothing for these 'companions.' She was here to kill. That was all. Her blade wasn't needed anywhere else, so she decided to come here. To fight. To kill.

And to die.

The mercenary stepped forward, gazing with the cold, steely killer's intent that she was practically born with. These...things...were hardly worth her time. She would have to kill these things to move on though, to face even greater foes. Until she could meet one stronger than her, she would not rest. She was fighting to die. But only a good death would do.

Chain starts in I-3
Zerifachias
Zerifachias
Totes-Mcgoats
Totes-Mcgoats

Back to top Go down

Post by Inkblot Fri May 17, 2013 9:13 pm

Quinn knew not how long he’d been awake; only that it seemed to have been for a very long time. His mind had been fuzzy, and it’d taken the feelings of Freedom longer than usual to seep into his heart, so he’d chosen to lie there with his eyes closed, breathing slackened. This whole ordeal was weird, and sudden. Where exactly was he? What had happened? How had he gotten here? Were there other people around at all? His feet had begun to twitch slightly, as if determined to pull him up and explore on their own. Once or twice the stillness had become unbearable, and he’d found himself writhing softly against the hardened ground. However, the air around him was completely silent. Thus, he’d be silent too, no matter what. When in peril, do what the damn air does, was his motto. Air doesn’t get fucked in the ass very often, regardless of the knock ups it finds itself in.

Seeming hours had passed. There was more foot twitching, more gentle writhing; occassionally he'd find a moan of anticipation pressing insistently upon his lips; he always managed to swallow it back down.
Shit, though. He couldn't take much more of it. The silence was never going to fuckin-

""WELCOME!"

"Aahn-"

Alright. Now he moaned. That voice was head splitting. The little space of skin between his eyes crinkled slightly as Quinn made a face, slender fingers flying against his temples.
The squeaky, high-pitched voice continued, and he listned, with a set grimace, before making any other moves, despite how badly he'd rather spring up and run through the nearest wall.
Heavens, huh? And...Goo? The two didn't really make much sense, unless you combined them into some weird fetish. This sounded like a sort of combat arena though, what with the announcing, the noises of excited people, and the way her voice resounded, as if trapped in by walls on all sides. Definatley an arena. Which meant he should probably get up before some damn monster started snaking its claws up his shirt.
Or his face.
Or his ass.

Quinn shuddered.

And so, with a small initial flutter, another pair of eyes opened to the world. They were river rock green, and slightly hazeled, so that it was hard to tell if the irses were a dull, rustic moss brown or more of a glass bottle color.
They were also skeptical. And perhaps a tad pissed.

Quinn starts at I-5

Inkblot
Inkblot
Tormented By Nightmares
Tormented By Nightmares

Back to top Go down

Post by Creame Fri May 17, 2013 9:21 pm

Circai starts at I4

The first thing Circai noticed when she had awoken was her cheek. Her cheek, laid flat against something cold. She was laying on the floor, sprawled out as if she had been thrown there. Perhaps she had -- she had absolutely no idea where she was, and the grogginess of sleep had still not dispersed. Slowly, she raised her body from the floor to stand, weakly leaning on her staff for support. The girl looked around. Where am I? Who are these people? Why am I here? Her mind was addled with a state of confusion.

"Are we... friends?" she said softly, almost mutely, glancing over the people in the room. Strangers. Potentially new friends. The thought made her pulse quicken.

However, the woman on the speakers did give room for alarm, as well as the... goo 'staring' them down from across the room. "Contestants? O-Opponents?" she cried, painting her eyes over the tall ceiling for a hint as to wear the voices were coming from. "No! Don't go!" Circai's fingers tightened around her staff as the announcer's loud voice disappeared from the air. "Come back..."
Creame
Creame
REM Dweller
REM Dweller

Back to top Go down

Post by Kurio Fri May 17, 2013 9:46 pm

Lilith starts at cell H-4

"Ow..." Lilith muttered with her face flat on the ground. She didn't remember where she was, just a sudden pain and then passing out for who knows how long. And she was in an unfamiliar place, nowhere like any place she's been to. The first thing she noticed was the loud voice of an announcer, saying something about being in a tower. Lilith glanced around her for the other "contestants" the announcer had mentioned, and recognized none of them but one.

"Circai! I'm scared!" the little girl cried, running to her friend and wrapping her arms around her, "This place is weird and there are so many strangers!" The girl was practically weeping at this point and while she was freaking out she had failed to notice their supposed "enemies." Instead the girl had grabbed onto her friend's shoulders and was too busy shaking her back and forth. "What do we do? What do we do? What do we dooooooo?"
Kurio
Kurio
Masochistic Kitty Kat Maid

Back to top Go down

Post by Masquerade Fri May 17, 2013 9:56 pm

Roger starts at H3.

There were so many people around...it made Roger so nervous. The boy's blue bangs covered his eyes, and as he glanced to the left and to the right, they swayed with his motion until he brushed them away only to have them obscure his vision once more. Body wracked by trembling, the silence would have been perturbing if he hadn't been used to such a thing spending so much time alone in silence in the past. The only thing that disturbed him more was the loud voice that emanated everywhere and yet came from nowhere, along with the sound of applause. The method of him getting to this place was unknown, but he came to understand that he would be fighting, and as such took action immediately by grabbing his knightsword and brandishing it in front of him, only to have the point crash into the floor. It seemed like he had trouble holding.

The people. They weren't Iwa or Evan or Ryu or any of the others. No Ruby. No kind-hearted Quartz. Where were his allies? Had they not been brought along for the ride? So many new people... "I...I don't know if I can deal with that..." he muttered to himself quietly, trying to avoid eye contact by focusing on the weird goo-like creatures they were apparently supposed to be engaging in combat. Would they be allowed to leave if they beat these things? Fat chance. Roger frowned as his hands kept a firm grip on the heavy knightsword. At least combat was something he was used to. He'd just consider it like another mission. He wondered if Ruby could see him right now with that power of hers. He blushed lightly and straightened his posture a bit...as much as he could wielding the weapon that he was.

First impressions were important.
Masquerade
Masquerade
Eternal Dreamer
Eternal Dreamer

https://eternaldream.forummotion.com

Back to top Go down

Post by Allindur, the Lightfoot Fri May 17, 2013 10:17 pm

Vivianne was only suddenly aware of the fact that her face was against the cold ground. Wait, her face is against the cold ground? W-how-but...that's unacceptable!

She stood up quickly, only to feel the world spinning and have to grip her staff to avoid falling down. Ok, getting up quickly after being passed out for an unknown amount of time = a big no-no.

Looking around with her sight out of focus, she could see there was a bunch of other people in the room other than her, and a load of goo on the other side. Ok, let's be logic here: if all the humans are at one side and the other side has creepy living goo, than the human side is probably expected to join forces and vanquish the creepy goo. Well, she had no idea where she was, but she was Vivianne, the Stormborn, second Lady of the Lake, and she could surely summon the storm here too!

-Ok, let's do this!

She lifted her staff and brought it back to the ground with force, a loud thunder echoing from her, and static being felt all around her, the raw pulsing power of a storm...than she lost balance and fell again. Ok, so: violently channeling the powers of the storm while recently awakening from a long unconsciousness and not having a firm grip of her staff = another big no-no.

Vivianne starts at cell I6.
Allindur, the Lightfoot
Allindur, the Lightfoot
Fleeting Dreamer
Fleeting Dreamer

Back to top Go down

Post by Xenosaga Sun May 19, 2013 6:41 pm

"Well, it looks like all our participants are REARING to go! Well, except maybe one. BUT WHO CARES! The useless will be eliminated. GAMMA, if you would please do the honors!" There was a whirling sound as something within the tower seemed to activate. It grew, a low rumble, into a load roar and the lone female still unconscious on the floor was isolated in a cage of blue light. The light flashed and dissipated, taking the female along with it. "Don't forget to tell OMEGA to get rid of her, okay? Because there's no way she's coming back!"

"ANYWAY. Ignoring that distraction, let us now continue on with the show! We shall now allow the competitors to make the first move! Once again, everyone, I bid you all GOOD LUCK!"

Atmosphere: Confused - What the-Where are we? [Ally Party - Damage Output -10%; Decreases by 5% each turn. Next Turn: 5%]

{w} { } { } { } { } { } { } { } { } {w} E
{w} { } { } { } { } { } { } { } { } {w} F
{w} { } { } { } { } { } { } { } { } {w} G
{w} { } {R} {L} { } { } { } {K} { } {w} H
{w} { } {C} {I} {Q} {V} { } { } { } {w} I

Roger (Exile) *Isolation*
HP: 25/25
MP: 15/15
ATK: 4
DEF: 3
SPR: 3
MOVE: 3

Kaleidoscope (Diabolist) *Manifestation Shift*
ATK: 5
INT: 1 ----- 2

Lilith (Little Protector) *Rash and Reckless*
HP: 30/30
MP: 10
ATK: 3
DEF: 5
SPR: 2

Vivianne (Stormcaller) *Eye of the Storm*
HP: 15/15
DEF: 2
INT: 4 ----- 5
MOVE: 2

Chain (Mercenary) *The Calm* *Fluid Dancer*
ATK: 6 ----- 7

Circai (Pleased Acquaintance) *Positive Influence* *Optimistic Prosperity*
HP: 10/10
MP: 35/35
INT: 3 ----- 4

Quinn (Free) *Adrenaline Rush*
MP: 20/20
INT: 1 -----2
MOVE: 4

{C} - Control Panel

Player Phase 1
Xenosaga
Xenosaga
Never Awaken
Never Awaken

Back to top Go down

Post by Durn Sun May 19, 2013 7:14 pm

Kaleidoscope moves to G8.

Kaleidoscope channels Martyr!
MP: 19/25

Synchronization With Hell activates! Kaleidoscope's critical strike chance increases by 50%!

Kaleidoscope waits.

The voices came to a screeching halt, and Kaleidoscope held his paled and clothed arm against his eye, muttering a nearly inaudible mutter in a tone that would cause all nearby eadrums to shutter; "Martyr, a feast awaits you. A feast of not bone and flesh, but of the elements of the earth. Come, come and hunt for your feast."

The fiendish man unveiled a ghostly-white palm that garnered a small, golden needle, slightly bent at its middlemost portion toward the direction of the slimes. "Tell me, tell me Martyr! How much must I feed you before you're sated?" Kaleidoscope shouted in a phantasmal essence, allowing the needle to fall lightly to the ground, somehow landing sharp end-up and vertical against the whitened floor of the tower.

Shortly after, without a single shift of his clothing, multitudes of needles fell from nooks of Kaleidoscope's draperies, landing in a similar position to the first, resulting in a symphony of shrill clinks and clanks as they clashed against the tower's flooring. "Through my skin, flay them all! Leave none in your wake, Martyr!" With those words, Kaleidoscope lifted his bare foot from the ground, and proceeded to smash it against the needles without a shred of hesitance, a chillingly orgasmic chuckle of satisfaction coming from his guise as the needles seeped gently into his feet.

"With my blood, and through my skin, flay them all!"
Durn
Durn
Hermit Sage
Hermit Sage

Back to top Go down

Post by Creame Sun May 19, 2013 8:17 pm

Circai moves to G3

The sudden appearance of her friend Lilith was a pleasant surprise; Circai was perfectly fine with making new friends, but old friends were always welcome as well. She was not prepared, however, to deal with her violent shaking. "L-L-L-Lilly!" Circai cried, struggling to get a hold of the other girl in an attempt to calm her down. "It's okay! And when we're together, being in a scary place isn't half as bad! It's not bad at all~" With this, she gave Lilith a tight hug and went on to move closer to the slime, apparently not off-put by their... sliminess.

Smiling broadly, Circai bounded forward, and closer to the boy who looked like he was about to cry at any moment. Seems like he needs a bit of encouragement! "Hey there! Nice to meetcha!" She smiled broadly, rocking back and forth, alternating between placing her weight on her toes and heels. "Mind if I introduce myself?" She didn't wait for an answer. "I'm Circai, and I just want you to know that eeeeverything will be all right! You don't have to be scared!" she said, seemingly misinterpreting his overall sadness as fear from where he was. "Hey, how about a high-five?!" Again, the red-headed adolescent did not wait for an answer after waiting a few seconds with her hand held in the air. Instead, she had grabbed the boy's wrist and forced their hands to bang together, resulting in a small 'clap' of sound. "There! With this, we're friends!" Circai grinned triumphantly, flashing the boy a 'V for Victory' hand sign. "Now go forth and get all those nasty goos!"

Circai casts High-Five! on Roger
Bravery will last for 3 more turns

MP: 18/30
Creame
Creame
REM Dweller
REM Dweller

Back to top Go down

Post by Masquerade Sun May 19, 2013 9:37 pm

Someone...someone was talking to him. Roger turned to face the source of the enthusiasm only to realize that it was a young girl. That smile on her face....how could she be so jovial at a time like this? It was almost unsettling... She was going on about introductions, and Roger was still trembling all the while that he listened to her. "I'm...I'm Roger. Roger Valentine," he managed to mumble just loud enough for the girl to hear him. He cast his gaze to the side so that he could avoid eye contact with her. Nothing to be afraid of? He didn't know where he was or even if he'd make it out of this place alive. And there was nothing to be afraid of. Whoever this Circai was, she was pretty...optimistic...despite the dire circumstances. Feeling her grip around his wrist, Roger immediately set to blushing, gazing at the connection. He watched timidly as she lifted his hand up and slammed hers into it--a high five. What an odd thing to do.

Roger blinked a couple of times, briefly gazing the girl in the eyes before casting a sidelong glance at the enemies. He lowered his hand and put it on his knightsword, suddenly hefting the thing with no problem. "Such random acts of friendliness....I'm not sure if I know how to deal with that..." Thinking about the past and the sparse things he had learned before his...extended isolation, he recalled something. "B-but thank you. I...I think I can handle this." Though he didn't sound like the most reassuring person around, he was still going to do what he could. He somewhat bowed his head to Circai, still blushing, and turned on his heel clumsily, nearly dropping his weapon only to wind up hefting it up again. He started his charge forward, right into the midst of the goo.

I know what I have to do...

Roger moves to F4.

Roger waits.
Masquerade
Masquerade
Eternal Dreamer
Eternal Dreamer

Back to top Go down

Post by Zerifachias Mon May 20, 2013 4:48 pm

Chain moves to F-3

Chain, the mercenary woman, dashed forward, expending very little energy to get to a place closer to the globs of slime. She didn't know what they were, nor did she care. All that was going to happen was their demise. She didn't expect this "battle" to last very long, if you could call it that. All she wanted to do was move on to tougher enemies.

Chain placed a hand on her first sword, the katana she carried on her waist, next to the much smaller blade, called a wakizashi. She placed her other hand on that and drew forth her two blades, stooping down in an offensive stance, not worried in the slightest about being attacked, or taking any hits.

She cared not for these other people thrown in the room. All they were to her was more bits of flesh to take out strong enemies or to die to those strong enemies. Chain wouldn't die until she was satisfied. That was all there was to it.

Chain waits.
Zerifachias
Zerifachias
Totes-Mcgoats
Totes-Mcgoats

Back to top Go down

Post by Inkblot Mon May 20, 2013 7:37 pm

The curious eyes poured their focus around the room in a sudden flood, trying to take in all that they possibly could. Walls. Grey walls, boring walls. Flooring; hard flooring, but the spine already knew that. Goo; oozing, seemingly harmless goo, though the ears were already aware. And people.

Quinn yawned as if he were waking up from nothing more than a sunlit nap, his muscles shuddering slightly as elongated limbs stretched in all directions. The messy haired Free looked a bit like a cat when he did that. Or a dog. Mayhap even a stretching sloth.
He did not, however, look human. Not until he relaxed again, his eyes settled, and the momentary, subtle wildness about him subsided.

"You'd think if they wanted a show, they'd give us something more menacing than flubber to fight, neh?"

An oddly femenine voice?

Quinn smirked, rubbed his dully aching temples, and focused those mossy eyes on the opponent, which seemed to be slumped in a pile on the floor. He didn't make eye contact with anyone. He didn't address anyone. Supposedly, he was talking to everyone, but..."supposedly" was always somewhat of an odd term when dealing with Quinn. The boy laughed now, speaking a bit louder, and continuing to stretch.

"Give us somethin' that'll blow our guts in n' out, right?"

Hahahaha.

Arms and legs loosened one last final time, and then...explosion. Without warning he leapt into the air, the room becoming a blur around his eyes. A familiar rush surged through his veins, and a warmth crept down his spine. It all happened so quickly. There was a tumble, and a flip of some sort, and then a zebra.

Yes, a zebra.

Because somewhere along the way back to the ground, the boy had become...a zebra.

When had that...even...happened?

Quinn moves to E-5

Quinn: Be the Zebra

MP: 14/20

Inkblot
Inkblot
Tormented By Nightmares
Tormented By Nightmares

Back to top Go down

Post by Kurio Mon May 20, 2013 8:03 pm

Lilith moves to cell G-4

Lilith began to calm down when she felt her friend's arms wrapping around her in a hug and heard her reassuring words. Circai did have a point, they were together after all. Things would be so much worse if they had been separated and were forced to get along with complete strangers. At least she already has a friend with her in this strange new place, her best friend in fact. "Y-you're right Circai." Lily spoke, catching herself after she had nearly burst into tears. Lilith closed her eyes and embraced her friend, feeling far better than before.

The embrace did not last long, however, as Circai promptly skipped off to talk to an older boy. Lilith stared at them for a moment then her eyes narrowed into a glare when Circai gave the boy a high five. This would not do, Circai was her friend and her friend alone. The girl took some quick steps toward her friend, stopping near her and grabbing hold of her wrist. "Hey Circai! C'mon, let's go smash some slimes already~" Lilith exclaimed, giving her friend a tug telling her to get going.

Lilith waits

Last edited by Kurio on Mon May 20, 2013 9:50 pm; edited 1 time in total
Kurio
Kurio

Back to top Go down

Post by Allindur, the Lightfoot Mon May 20, 2013 9:05 pm

Vivianne moves to H6.

Well, now Vivianne felt somewhat better, and she could look around, cast a look at her companions. They were a really strange bunch. One masochist, one who liked to high-five, a tiny girl with a huge sword, a boy who looked kind of coward, a dual-wielding girl and...a zebra. This was either going to be very good or very bad. Oh well, what can one do? At least they put the oozes close to them. Well, close from a Stormcaller's perspective anyway.

-All right people, let's smash some slimes!

The girl took a step forward and lifted her staff over her head. The metal rod gathered static energy and she smacked it against the ground, the large head pointing to one of the oozes. A blast of thundering sound echoed from the staff, casting a bolt of deafening sonic energy at the creepy thing.

Vivianne attacks Experimental Subject C! 5 Int Dmg!
Allindur, the Lightfoot
Allindur, the Lightfoot
Fleeting Dreamer
Fleeting Dreamer

Back to top Go down

Post by Xenosaga Mon May 20, 2013 10:26 pm

Kaleidoscope changes to Martyr!

Circai cannot move to G-3 and is moved to H-4 instead!

Quinn changes to a Zebra! Adrenaline Rush activates! Quinn gains Regen status!

Experimental Subject C takes 3 DMG!
HP: 2/5

"And they're off! We seem to be in for a sweet treat here, folks! First off, we have two shapeshifters in our midsts! One seems to change into horrible creatures from your worst nightmares while the other changed into a zoo animal! It's not everyday you see a zebra around here. I think this is my first time! Oh hey, now there's an idea!" The announcer chirped gleefully, clearly intent on doing a play-by-play as to everything the party members did.

"And with our changelings, we seem to have a love triangle occurring right under our noses! Talk about getting things fired up! I can already see the bloody ending this is going to have! And finally, the one to draw first blood is Vivanne, the Stormcaller! A magic type, it seems, but OH, her power wasn't enough to finish off the goo! Still, talk about entertaining! And we aren't even ten minutes into the fight. Now then, I wonder what our other side will do!"

Atmosphere: Confused - What the-Where are we? [Ally Party - Damage Output -5%; Decreases by 5% each turn. Next Turn: 0%]

{w} { } { } { } {Q} { } { } { } { } {w} E
{w} { } {C} {R} { } { } { } { } { } {w} F
{w} { } { } {L} { } { } { } {K} { } {w} G
{w} { } { } {I} { } {V} { } { } { } {w} H

Roger's Bravery lasts for 3 more turns.

Quinn's Regen lasts for 3 more turns.

Enemy Phase 1

Disappointingly enough, the goo blobs didn't seem to do much. In fact, many of them just sat there. The ones that didn't, however, decided to literally split but, strangely enough, they lost none of their volume.

Experimental Subject A waits.

Experimental Subject B uses Split! Experimental Subject G is formed on Cell D-5!
MP: 20/30

Experimental Subject C uses Split! Experimental Subject H is formed on Cell D-6!

Experimental Subject D waits.

Experimental Subject E waits.

Experimental Subject F waits.

"Well. . . That was fun? I guess," the speaker was clearly disappointed as she spoke, her voice pretty much a deadpan. "Okay, seriously, why did we use these things? Why couldn't we use something, I don't know, more active? I mean, I understand that we have to test them but-" The female stopped, was silent, and then heaved a great sigh. "Alright, alright. Man, this is really going to suck."

{w} { } { } { } {G} {H} { } { } { } {w} D
{w} { } { } { } {Q} { } { } { } { } {w} E
{w} { } {C} {R} { } { } { } { } { } {w} F
{w} { } { } {L} { } { } { } {K} { } {w} G
{w} { } { } {I} { } {V} { } { } { } {w} H

Roger (Exile) *Isolation* *Bravery*
ATK: 4 ----- 6
SPR: 3

Kaleidoscope (Diabolist) *Manifestation Shift (+50% CHR)* -Martyr-
MP: 10/15
ATK: 5

Lilith (Little Protector) *Rash and Reckless*
HP: 30/30
MP: 10/10
ATK: 3
DEF: 5

Vivianne (Stormcaller) *Eye of the Storm*
HP: 15/15
INT: 4 ----- 5

Chain (Mercenary) *The Calm* *Fluid Dancer*
ATK: 6 ----- 7

Circai (Pleased Acquaintance) *Positive Influence* *Optimistic Prosperity*
HP: 10/10
MP: 27/35
INT: 3 ----- 4

Quinn (Free) *Adrenaline Rush* *Regen* -Zebra-
MP: 14/20
MOVE: 4

Experimental Subject G (Goo)

Experimental Subject H (Goo)

{C} - Control Panel

Player Phase 2
Xenosaga
Xenosaga
Never Awaken
Never Awaken

Back to top Go down

Post by Masquerade Mon May 20, 2013 10:56 pm

Roger moves to C4.

Yes, he knew what he had to do. The fact that the goo began to multiply didn't bother him by this point. For a moment, his body slackened, and he gazed down at the ground. People were moving and shifting and attacking around him, but it mattered not. The trembling present in his body before had ceased completely, and he straightened suddenly, an azure glow blazing like fire within his eyes. He hefted his knightsword with even more ease than before, holding it with one hand before dashing forth into the midst of the goo with astonishing agility, his feet sliding against the floor as he skidded to a halt. Raising his knightsword, the very air became distorted. "Too...too many years of silence..." The chamber became filled with a devastating sound, harsh to his allies, but absolutely destructive to his foes. The waves were so amplified that they were visible, emanating out from his weapon and buffeting the multiple goos.

Roger raised the sword even higher, his breathing growing ragged as the sound waves never ceased. A single tear of blood leaked from the corner of his right eye and trailed down his cheek. So many memories were stirring inside of him. So much silence. Was that now what he endeavored to create? To make things as they used to be? To make things be what he was used to? Just so he could deal with it. Silence was something he could deal with. Loneliness likewise. These were things that were apart of him. I'll wipe out the crowds.... I like my personal space. With that thought, the sound waves stopped in an instant, and Roger blinked, looking around to see the devastation that he had wrought.

Roger uses Noise! All enemies affected! 6 Dmg! (ATK)

MP: 1/15
Masquerade
Masquerade
Eternal Dreamer
Eternal Dreamer

Back to top Go down

Post by Durn Mon May 20, 2013 11:29 pm

Kaleidoscope waits.

As Kaleidoscope lifted his punctured feet, still ingrained with the copper sting of needle after needle, a viscous trail of crimson sputtered against the white floor, staining the edges of his blanketing clothes with a virulent and vivid red as he shuffled onward.

But something had gone terribly wrong, and Kaleidoscope stopped moving -- one foot solidly positioned mid-stride in the air, revealing the bare bottom of his foot, riddled with twisted needles that punctured the soles of his feet in a bloody, pulpy mess of flesh and steel. "What have you done?" Kaleidoscope whispered a terrifying whisper as a wad of needles fell with a quiet clash against the tiled floor, "You... What have you done? Do you understand? Now it will not be... content." His whispers grew more audible as he directed his disbelief toward Roger and what remained of the devastated blobs.

But Roger's grasp on Kaleidoscope lasted only moments before an itching, nightmarish urge skittered across the back of Kaleidoscope's brain. "No, Martyr -- OH! Oh your feast will be of flesh! So stop scratching at my heart and listen!" His visions intensified, and from the sole of his lifted foot he plucked needle after needle, then, with left wrist exposed, he shouted:

"You needn't peck at the soul of your captor, but at his flesh, Martyr! Feast upon the concrete -- upon what runs with red blood and pink skin!" With a cluster of blood-ridden and broken needles, coagulated into Kaleidoscope's clenched right-fist as a sort of impromptu dagger, he clawed and hacked at his wrist until spurts of blood showered into the skies and heaps of flesh fell from his wrist, leaving only a pulpy stub of his left-hand intact as he sliced without resistance against his limb.

As the diabolist's hand fell to the ground with a meshy "squish" against several of the remaining needles, the ominous mist that cloaked Kaleidoscope in a demonic aura fluttered, swarming the hand in a cloud of darkness that rapidly devoured it, leaving behind bits of bone and fat and stringy tendons that had been caught on the needles.

"Yes, Martyr. I lied not -- for you have been sated." The diabolist muttered, covering his stump with a bloodied segment of his plentiful cloth.
Durn
Durn
Hermit Sage
Hermit Sage

Back to top Go down

Post by Zerifachias Tue May 21, 2013 2:02 pm

Just as Chain was about to raise her blades to strike down the first of the slimes, the boy nearby with his overlarge sword ran forward and preformed some magic that unleashed a harsh sound from his sword. It was a very annoying, loud sound, but it did not hurt. The same could not be said for the slimy blobs they were supposed to "kill." From that one bit of magic, each and every blob was rent and killed. Just like that, the job was over.

Chain sheathed both of her swords, not in the least bit worried or disappointed by the lack of battle. These things couldn't fight anyway, this was just a ridiculous waste of time. If one area of effect attack could destroy all of these blobs, they were not worth bloodying her blades. The only problem now was finding out what happened next. How long would it take to prepare the next "battle" and how long would it take to complete said "battle?"
Zerifachias
Zerifachias
Totes-Mcgoats
Totes-Mcgoats

Back to top Go down

Post by Kurio Tue May 21, 2013 6:35 pm

Lilith moves to cell D-4

Lilith was surprised when most of their supposed opponents did pretty much nothing. From the enthusiasm the female announcer had just a moment ago she had expected them to do something besides replicating themselves. Maybe they would explode if she went too close to them though, but then again she was quite tough so if someone were to get hurt it was better her than someone like Circai. As she went forward to take on the blobs of goo a sharp sound came from the boy who Circai had just talked to. It was a very painful sound to her ears and forced the girl to drop her blade and buckler in order to cover her ears. Once the boy stopped and the sound dissipated, Lilith retrieved her weapon and shield. She had no idea if these blobs of goo were dead, as they were blobs of goo incapable of showing emotion. So the only thing she could do was to smack them until they fell apart.

Lilith attacks Experimental Subject G. 3 ATK Dmg
Kurio
Kurio

Back to top Go down

Post by Creame Tue May 21, 2013 9:04 pm

After giving Roger a highfive, Circai watched as the boy dashed towards the slimes, and began doing... something, she couldn't tell. All she knew was that the grating sound on her ears was from him. However, it did seem to be hurting the slimes, so it must have been pretty powerful... Perhaps her high-five had worked? The chance that she could have been a help in any possible way made the girl smile to herself, until a yank on her arm pulled her eyes away from Roger, and towards Lilith. "Lily..." she sighed, her face falling for a brief second, only to return with a familiar smile. "I don't think I should go near the slimes... I am just fine sitting back here! Don't worry, I'll cheer all you guys on~ Go get 'em!" Circai replied cheerfully, rejecting her friend's pushiness. Instead, she decided to take a look at her 'allies', most of them watching Roger.

Circai's eyes scanned slowly around the room, laying on all of it's current residents for a few seconds before moving onto the next. Finally, she noticed the strange man who had been at the far side of the room. She hadn't paid much attention to that direction of the room, most likely because most of the people had been crowded to the left, and in her awakening, had not thought of examining each and every 'contestant' thoroughly. She had no idea what the man had been doing prior, or if he had even spoken. She had only seen that he had basically torn off his hand with needles. Painfully, too. And she had watched the entire thing. Circai's stomach lurched in protest, and her mind begged her to turn away, and she complied before she could watch the wrist fall to the ground. How morbid... What could have possessed that man to do that? She didn't know, and perhaps never wanted to know. In her mind's eye, she could still see the blood pouring from the severed stump, the tendons feebly connecting arm to wrist... Circai shook her head wildly, allowing her pigtails to slap against her face. Well, she was sure that that man was getting no high-five anytime soon...

Circai waits

Creame
Creame
REM Dweller
REM Dweller

Back to top Go down

Post by Allindur, the Lightfoot Wed May 22, 2013 8:21 am

So, the sword boy did have something in him, uh? Most of her allies seemed to have been displeased by the loud noise, but her, being a channeler of thunder, was used to that kind of thing. She had a feeling the oozes were going to reform and multiply if they fooled around too much.

-Come on! What are you guys waiting for? For we to have an army of these things to fight? Take them down!

Vivianne moves to G7.

Vivianne attacks Experimental Subject 7! 5 Int Dmg!

The girl moved to the side and called the thunder to strike another goo, but then, she noticed a control pannel to the far end of the room. Maybe they weren't supposed to kill these things after all, maybe they were just a distraction...
Allindur, the Lightfoot
Allindur, the Lightfoot
Fleeting Dreamer
Fleeting Dreamer

Back to top Go down

Post by Inkblot Thu May 23, 2013 11:46 am

Quinn snorted a few times in experimentation, his blood surging with new feelings and new energy, which he displayed by bucking around rather aimlessly. The Zebra sort of wanted to run away at the moment, but Quinn had long ago become accustomed to its instincts, and controlled them nicely.

The mossy eyed boy was always in control of his emotions. Always.
Like literally, nothing could get too far under his skin.

Quinn relished the thought, inwardly proud of his self control. He was so amazing. His self knowledge, his eyes, his now enhanced sense-...!!!!

Shrieking, grating wails of sound exploded across the room from who knows where, shooting bullets into the cones of his now sensitive ears. Quinn felt his own head seemingly split, and the zebra just about leaped out of its stripes.

GOD- WHAT- GOD-

Within miliseconds the wild horse had broken into a mad, blind sprint.

Quinn moves to D-7

Inkblot
Inkblot
Tormented By Nightmares
Tormented By Nightmares

Back to top Go down

Post by Sponsored content

Sponsored content

Back to top Go down

Page 1 of 2 1, 2  Next