Eternal Dream
Would you like to react to this message? Create an account in a few clicks or log in to continue.

Tales of a Dreamer: The Beads of Light

4 posters

Page 12 of 18 Previous  1 ... 7 ... 11, 12, 13 ... 18  Next

Go down

Tales of a Dreamer: The Beads of Light - Page 12 Empty Re: Tales of a Dreamer: The Beads of Light

Post by Xenosaga Thu Mar 24, 2011 4:42 pm

Feeling another burst of bloodlust, even stronger than the last, Rai stiffened. She pulled away from Amaya, gold eyes turning in the direction of the feeling. Whatever was in the city, the former princess couldn't handle it. Getting to her feet, Amaya watched her with a cold eye, Rai paused. She then looked down at the child on the bed, smiling softly.

"Shall we go then?" the woman inquired, offering a hand to her. Amaya stared at it silently before taking it, allowing herself to be pulled up onto her feet. The moment the child's feet touched the ground, Rai scooped her up and with a sudden burst of speed, leaped out the open window. Landing on her feet, knees bent, she began to run in the direction of the bloodthristy aura.

The moment two figures entered her vision, Rai skidded to a halt, placing Amaya down. She pat the girl once on the head, a reassuring smile on her face, and then launched herself into the fray. White ribbons were quick to follow her, lashing out at the bald man and Rai took that moment to step in front of Sekai, preventing the man from approaching her any further.

"It's a lovely night, isn't it?" she asked warmly, giving the man a smile. However, her pleasant demeanor was ruined by the steel in her smile and the dangerous glint in her eyes. Rai had no intention of letting this one go, it seemed.
Xenosaga
Xenosaga
Never Awaken
Never Awaken

Back to top Go down

Tales of a Dreamer: The Beads of Light - Page 12 Empty Re: Tales of a Dreamer: The Beads of Light

Post by Zerifachias Thu Mar 24, 2011 5:51 pm

Azonia reacted quickly to the strange, magic ribbons, slicing them away with his sword. Once they retracted, he turned his head to the side, looking at Rai while keeping Amaya in his peripheral vision. "How interesting," Azonia said, taking a glance down at Sekai. So the little girl had friends. "Perhaps you will be able to...entertain me.." Azonia's gaze was lowered, looking down at Rai's stance and at her weapons. A wide grin then began to spread across his face.

"You're a Knight, aren't you?" Azonia asked, his grin becoming larger. "In that case, I challenge you to a duel!" Azonia grabbed his cloak and ripped it off, revealing a tight black suit and pants. Two sheaths sat on his back, one of the swords had been removed, the other was still there. Azonia gripped the hilt of the sheathed sword and pulled it out and brandished both of his swords at Rai. "Prepare yourself!"

Secret Request: Engage! Azonia Szenaski!
Objective: Defeat Azonia.
Rival Chosen: Rai
Soundtrack: https://www.youtube.com/watch?v=RDNon7uTqMU&feature=related

(b) (b) ( ) (b) (b) ( ) ( ) ( ) ( ) A
(b) (b) ( ) (b) (b) ( ) ( ) ( ) ( ) B
( ) ( ) ( ) ( ) ( ) ( ) ( ) ( ) ( ) C
(b) (b) ( ) ( ) ( ) (f) (f) (f) ( ) D
(b) (b) ( ) ( ) ( ) (f) (f) (f) ( ) E
( ) ( ) ( ) (A) ( ) (f) (f) (f) ( ) F
(b) (b) ( ) ( ) ( ) ( ) ( ) ( ) ( ) G
(b) (b) ( ) (b) (b) ( ) ( ) ( ) ( ) H
(b) (b) ( ) (b) (b) ( ) ( ) ( ) ( ) I
-1---2---3---4---5---6---7---8---9

Rai (King's Guard)
HP: 75/75
MP: 25/25
ATK: 19
DEF: 10
INT: 1
SPR: 7
MOVE: 3

Azonia (Knight Slayer)(No Honor)
HP: 80/80
MP: 50/50
Atk: 19
Def: 12
Int: 1
Spr: 5
Move: 3

~Rai may start in row C~
Zerifachias
Zerifachias
Totes-Mcgoats
Totes-Mcgoats

Back to top Go down

Post by Xenosaga Thu Mar 24, 2011 6:02 pm

"Please stand back, Lady Sekai," Rai requested of the former princess, the smile having heft her face. Looking over at Amaya, she shook her head. "You too, Amaya." The child was silent but nodded in acceptance. However, she did not move. Rai mentally sighed. She wasn't surprised. She would just have to make sure the battle didn't move anywhere near the two girls.

"Let's have a nice fight, shall we," the knight said simply, adopting an offensive position.

[Rai] starts at [C-4].
Xenosaga
Xenosaga
Never Awaken
Never Awaken

Back to top Go down

Post by Zerifachias Thu Mar 24, 2011 6:14 pm

Sekai paused for a moment, glaring at Azonia. She knew she was in no condition to fight, so she backed off, as far away as she could manage with just her hands. Rai may just be able to match Azonia and defeat him, but she would have to be careful.

"How interesting!" Azonia declared, laughing, "Let's see who comes out victorious!"

( ) ( ) ( ) (R) ( ) ( ) ( ) ( ) ( ) C

Rai (King's Guard)
HP: 75/75
MP: 25/25
ATK: 19

MP: 50/50

(f) - Fountain

(b) - Building

Rai's Move
Zerifachias
Zerifachias
Totes-Mcgoats
Totes-Mcgoats

Back to top Go down

Post by Xenosaga Thu Mar 24, 2011 6:24 pm

She would have to fight this battle carefully. The man was quite bloodthirsty, that much was evident. He seemed like the type who didn't think and only fought for the rush of battle. Rai frowned. Those types were always troublesome. Unless she defeated them utterly, they would always return for another fight.

But that was enough thinking. For now, she would prepare herself. Comparing their weapons, it seemed she had the advantage in range. She would have to use that well.

[Rai] uses Silent Momentum. Increases ATK by 50%.
MP: 19/25

[Rai] moves to [C-6].

Stopping by the fountain, Rai inclined her head at the man. "Come."
Xenosaga
Xenosaga
Never Awaken
Never Awaken

Back to top Go down

Post by Zerifachias Thu Mar 24, 2011 6:51 pm

Rai's Atk increases!

Rival's Move

"Then I will come at you, full force!" Azonia grinned, raising both of his swords into the air and charging Rai. Azonia then thrusted both of his swords forward, piercing through Rai's armor and into her gut, then out the other side. Azonia twisted those swords, looking with glee at Rai's expressions of pain as he slowly and ruthlessly ripped out his swords. He had gone for a jab at the first attack, he was truly reckless.

Azonia moves to D-4

Azonia uses Gore on Rai! 27 Atk DMG! 2 hits! Chance of Gore!

Rai evades Gore!

(b) (b) ( ) (A) ( ) (f) (f) (f) ( ) D
( ) ( ) ( ) ( ) ( ) (f) (f) (f) ( ) F

Rai (King's Guard)*Silent Momentum*
HP: 44/75
MP: 19/25
ATK: 19----28

MP: 32/50

(f) - Fountain

(b) - Building

Rai's Move
Zerifachias
Zerifachias
Totes-Mcgoats
Totes-Mcgoats

Back to top Go down

Post by Xenosaga Thu Mar 24, 2011 7:11 pm

It was unfortunate for the man that she would have to end this now. Rai was honestly surprised by the stranger's recklessness, she had expected some sensibility from him. It seemed she had overestimated him.

"Have a pleasant day," the knight said simply before unleashing a stream of attacks, slicing at him with her blades. She followed the momentum with a sweeping kick, her boots slamming against the man's skull before ending it with slamming both her weapons into the man's chest. Pulling it out, she spun them, flicking away the blood coating them. She would clean them once they returned to the inn.

[Rai] uses Dancing Rondo on [Azonia]. 40 ATK DMG for 3 hits. 49 ATK DMG for last hit.
MP: 3/25

"Are you alright, Lady Sekai?" Rai inquired, walking over to the girl. Amaya was already by the knight's side, having moved the moment the assault on the man ended.
Xenosaga
Xenosaga
Never Awaken
Never Awaken

Back to top Go down

Post by Zerifachias Thu Mar 24, 2011 7:53 pm

Azonia takes 103 DMG!

Azonia KO!

( ) ( ) ( ) ( ) ( ) (f) (f) (f) ( ) F

Azonia has been defeated!

Rai's Victory!
Exp Gained: 15
21/36----36/36
Rai...LEVEL UP!

Azonia loses Knight Mare!

Azonia loses Spire Mahne!

~~~~~~~~~~~~~

The final blow was quick, Azonia lost grip of both swords and fell to his knees. He stopped himself before he fell to the ground, keeping himself up with his own willpower. Azonia faced the sky, his arms spread, and roared. It was not a roar of agony, it was one of frustration. A roar of anger. Azonia shot a glare back at Rai, but then fell to the ground, unconscious. It seemed that he couldn't stay conscious with such wounds.

Sekai sighed with relief, "I'm okay, my kneecap is just shattered. All I need is some healing magic from Hikari," Sekai was just reassuring herself, of course. Her knees had already started turning a purple color, and ripples of pain were still coursing throughout her body. Sekai looked at Azonia, then back up at Rai. "You were really amazing," Sekai said with a smile, "I'm really glad you're a friend."
Zerifachias
Zerifachias
Totes-Mcgoats
Totes-Mcgoats

Back to top Go down

Post by Xenosaga Thu Mar 24, 2011 8:08 pm

"He would have been a formidable opponent if he hadn't been so reckless," Rai admitted, smiling at the girl's praise as she kneeled down next to the former princess to inspect the damage. The attack the man had dealt to her before she felled him was powerful, enough to cripple her if she hadn't been prepared for it. Luckily, she was used to such strong attacks. Turning to Amaya, she pointed at Sekai's wounded knees. "Amaya, could you wrap these up?"

Sleek white ribbons rose into the air before gently flowing over to the wounded girl. They whirled around the wounded knees several times before tightening and knotting themselves. The ribbons then fell limp, no longer held up by whatever force Amaya had been using to wield them. The white haired child was as frigid as ever.

Rai thanked the child, patting her gently on the head. "Now then," the knight continued, turning to Sekai. "We'll just leave that man for the other knights to deal with. Come, I'll carry you back to the inn. No doubt you are in a considerable amount of pain. I would be surprised if you could stand." Not even waiting for a reply, Rai scooped the former princess into her arms bridal-style and stood. "It's time to go Amaya-Oh." Rai blinked.

"They're pretty," was all Amaya said as she returned from the unconscious man's side with his weapons in her arms. Rai sighed.

"I just can't deny you, it seems," she murmured, not at all displeased by this face. Amaya just tilted her head and followed after the woman as they returned to the inn.
Xenosaga
Xenosaga
Never Awaken
Never Awaken

Back to top Go down

Post by Zerifachias Sun Mar 27, 2011 7:12 pm

As Sekai and Rai and Amaya made their way back to the inn, Azonia was left on the ground, still bleeding from his wounds. He lay there motionless, unconscious and nearing death himself. Then, a small wind began to blow, which then grew stronger and stronger, until the dust was picked up grain by grain, and swirled into a small whirlwind. The whirlwind grew ever stronger, moving closer and closer to Azonia.

Suddenly the winds dispersed, and a small woman floated down softly from it, touching the ground beneath her softly. The woman was dressed in an elegant, gray robe adorned with all manner of jewels. Her hair was very short and also gray in color, a small band kept her bangs from falling into her eyes. The woman wore no sandal or shoe of any kind, and her eyes only added to her gray appearance with their pale color.

The woman laid her hands on the man, Azonia, softly. She lay there awhile, her eyes closed and focused. "Oh Azonia," she whispered, her breath as soft as the gentlest breeze, "You've gone and done it again, haven't you?" the woman asked, not expecting an answer. She stood up, grabbing Azonia's left arm and pulling. Though she was incredibly small, she was able to heave Azonia's much larger body with ease. The wind blew once more and she and Azonia disappeared with the whirlwind.

~

Morning came very soon, the sun peeking through the windows in Hikari's room. Hikari was knelt down by Sekai's side, her hands above her sister's knees. A blue light was coming from Hikari's hands, and Sekai's eyes were shut. Hikari had put her to sleep in order to properly heal Sekai's wounds. Hikari was sweating from the effort, but she ignored it. Mana could easily be restored, but it would take a much longer time for wounds to heal.

"She'll be fine," Hikari said to Rai and Amaya, who were also there. Not much time had passed between their arrival and the morning, so they didn't have a chance to get back to sleep. During that time, Hikari was informed of everything that happened while she was sleeping. "I still can't believe that Sekai lost to someone though," Hikari continued, looking back down at her sister. "You're really amazing, Rai. You handled a man that Sekai couldn't single-handedly. I'm extremely impressed, you've more than won my admiration and respect. I'm so happy that you decided to help me in my journey." Hikari smiled brightly at Rai, "If there's ever anything that you need from me, don't hesitate to ask. That includes you too, Amaya," Hikari quickly added Amaya into her sentence so as to not hurt the child's feelings. But Hikari sensed that wasn't entirely necessary though.

"The others should be waking up soon," Hikari said, pulling herself to her feet. "Sekai won't wake up until tomorrow, probably, so maybe we should gather information from around the city for today?"
Zerifachias
Zerifachias
Totes-Mcgoats
Totes-Mcgoats

Back to top Go down

Post by Masquerade Mon Mar 28, 2011 5:23 pm

At Hikari's last sentence, there came a groaning from the top of the nearby staircase that led to the rooms on the second floor. Then, there was a loud thumping noise as Melody fell down those very stairs and landed on the floor below, clutching her head in agony. Mia appeared behind her, walking down the stairs like nothing had happened. She said nothing as she roughly picked Melody up, forcing her to stand.

"She has a terrible migraine," she explained flatly and said nothing more on the subject. She wanted to get away from the woman, but if she did, Melody would end up back on the floor again.

"That's putting it...lightly, Mia, dear...," Melody managed to say, trying to straighten herself up. "I felt a lot of pain and anger last night. Something must have happened..." She remembered losing a lot of sleep, tossing and turning, the thoughts focused on maiming and death pervading her mind, giving her no rest. She honestly looked like a mess, but she wasn't about to make a fuss over it. She just wanted the leftover feelings to subside.

Mia rolled her eyes. "Feel free to ignore her. What's on the agenda?" she asked briskly.
Masquerade
Masquerade
Eternal Dreamer
Eternal Dreamer

https://eternaldream.forummotion.com

Back to top Go down

Post by Xenosaga Tue Mar 29, 2011 3:52 pm

"Oh, you are giving me far too much credit," Rai laughed, waving her hand at the girl. "You'll make me blush." This, of course, wasn't true but if it were anyone else, they probably would have. The knight gently pat Amaya on the head, rather pleased the princess hadn't forgotten about the child. Amaya herself didn't much care, too busy taking back her ribbons, the ones she had used to wrap up Sekai's knees before returning to the inn. They floated idly around her for a soft moment before settling upon her, the ends dangling.

Rai smiled pleasantly as she watched the child before turning to greet the rest of their group. "My, you must have had a rough night," she commented upon seeing Melody's condition. She leaned forward a bit. "You look rather sickly. It might be best for you to rest a little longer." Rai then straightened, looking thoughtful. "Pain and anger, huh. Oh." She let out a small laugh. "I apologize for that. We had some trouble."

"Gone, gone, gone," Amaya mumbled in response to Rai's words, nuzzling her head against the woman's dress. "Far, far, far away. Into the distance." She seemed to be attempting to sing some sort of song. The child paused, raising her head with her cheek still pressed against the woman's leg. "Exploration time?"

"I suppose so."
Xenosaga
Xenosaga
Never Awaken
Never Awaken

Back to top Go down

Post by Zerifachias Tue Mar 29, 2011 6:34 pm

Hikari gave a half-hearted smile to Melody, "I'm sure you'll be fine after seeing what Jesu city has to offer. Even when it's raining, this place is truly beautiful." Hikari stood up, brushing dust off her dress and walking closer to everyone else. "Sekai will be out of it for awhile, so why don't we all go and gather some information around town?" Hikari suggested, leading the way out of the inn and into the streets.

Jesu City Soundtrack: https://www.youtube.com/watch?v=RmWPaGmJtyY&feature=related

Now that the group could see Jesu city all lit up by the sun's light, they could see what Hikari had meant by 'beauty.' The cobblestone paths were actually accompanied by flowing water on either side, the waterways were large enough for boats to pass through. The cobblestone walkways were actually elevated above the water, so anyone on boats below would be able to look up at the magnificent buildings around them.

The inn was close to where the center of the city was, which was also the place where Rai had fought Azonia. The mess that was made by the battle had mysteriously disappeared over the course of a few minutes, which was certainly puzzling by anyone who would have seen it. In the center of the opening was a large fountain, which spewed a crystal-clear water into the air and the pool of water. Children were gathered around it, closely supervised by their parents, and were sticking their hands in the water. Their eyes were shut so tightly that if they shut them any more, their eyeballs may just cave in.

Hikari smiled at the children, they seemed so excited. "That water is imbued with magical properties. It will never freeze over, nor will it ever rise above a certain temperature. Legend also says that it has healing powers as well. Children from the city come nearly every day to make a wish in this fountain," Hikari explained, gesturing over towards the fountain.

The hustle and bustle of the city was just beginning, very soon the streets were crowded with people, all of whom were greeting each other. It seemed that not even a single soul that lived in this city wasn't known by everyone else. The entire place was running around with a warm atmosphere, despite what had happened last night. One could say that Jesu city was too tranquil for it's own good.

The market soon opened, and all around people gathered to buy tools and medicine. A pub close by to the inn opened it's doors as well, and many older men walked through those doors in groups of three or more, talking and laughing with each other. Across the way the party could see an elderly man and woman walking along the cobblestone pathway, being greeted by anyone who saw them.

"Might as well spread out, huh?" Hikari suggested, "Jesu is the second largest city in Ermith, so there's lots of places to visit. Oh, and stay away from the Forgotten Lake."

~The Market - Jesu City~

~Medicinal Shop~

"Hello there!" A very young-looking woman greets you with a huge smile. She has beautiful, apple-red hair and bright, green eyes. She is wearing a red vest that matches her hair and green pants. Around her is many, many different types of medicinal herbs and elixers. "I'm a pharmacist, Shirayuki. I'm still in training, so I travel across the continent to learn all I can from other cities. It's a pleasure to meet you! Please feel free to browse though the medicine I have." Shirayuki gave another big smile, bowing her head slightly before addressing another customer.

+ Potion (x5 in stock) - Restores 10 HP upon use. 20 Gold per.

+ Potato Root (x2 in stock) - A delicious potato that can really fill the stomach quickly. Heals 25 HP upon use. 50 Gold per.

+ Fistalla (x4 in stock) - An extremely spicy herb that heats up the body temperature to astounding numbers. Cures Freeze. 25 Gold per.

+ Kent (x3 in stock) - A bitter root that has enough power to wake someone in the deepest levels of sleep. 25 Gold per.

~Armor Shop~

"Welcome!" A deep voice booms as you walk into the shop. A large, burly man with a bald head and a very impressive beard greets you with a mighty smile. Surrounding him is many different types of armor and clothes. Next to him is a tall and thin woman with blond hair. She also welcomes you. "Please feel free to browse our wares! I handle the heavy armor, my wife will handle the lighter cloths!"

"Welcome to our shop, my name is Gretel," the woman said politely, "And this is my husband, Hanzel. Please ask if you have any questions!"

+ Kadeskana - A very beautiful, dark blue dress that flows gently with the wind. +2 Def; +4 Spr(Can be equipped by: Hikari) 160 Gold

+ Fashioned Suit - A purple tightsuit made especially for fighters. It turns defense into power. +3 Atk; +2 Def (Can be equipped by: Sekai) 130 Gold

+ Breath and Air - A light blue kimono with white clouds painted on it to give it a sort of lighter feel. The wearer feels empowered by the light feeling of limitless motion. +2 Int; +4 Spr. (Can be equipped by: Melody) 150 Gold

+ Peace Dream - A vivid green kimono. Nothing seems to stand out. +2 Atk; +2 Def; +2 Spr. (Can be equipped by: Mia) 150 Gold

+ Festival Kimono - A decorative and very comfortable kimono for children. It normally warms the body to protect it. +2 Def; +4 Spr. (Can be equipped by: Amaya) 170 Gold

+ Steel-Toe Knight's Boot - A heavy and highly durable boot to be worn by only knights with a strong constitution. +5 Def; +2 Spr. (Can be equipped by: Rai) 350 Gold

~Weapon Shop~

"Come in!" A harsh voice shouts as you approach the door. A nearly-bald old man is bent over the counter, his muscles highly defined. Behind him is a tall, handsome young man who is currently melding a new weapon, a sword, for a knight who is waiting in the corner. The old man says nothing more, but the young boy turns around and smiles at you. "Welcome! Everything here is made of ore gathered by my grandfather, so you can be sure that it is in perfect condition!" The young boy says.

+ Red Staff - A staff with a red orb on the top. It emits a weak light that is strengthened by mana. +6 Int (Can be equipped by: Hikari) 200 Gold

+ Steel Bar - A long staff used by martial artists. It's rather heavy, but it's also very powerful. +4 Atk. Requires Power Grip. (Can be equipped by: Sekai) 180 Gold.

+ Lapis Lazuli Bracelet - A wonderful, beautiful blue pair of bracelets that seem to glow with energy. +6 Int. (Can be equipped by: Melody) 220 Gold.

+ Falchion - A slightly-curved katana that gives a small ability to grip and slash more fluidly. +5 Atk; 2 hits. (Can be equipped by: Mia) 190 Gold.

+ Rainbow Ribbon - A colorful and stretchy cloth that is quite the fashion statement. +4 Atk; +3 Int. (Can be equipped by: Amaya) 175 Gold.

Last edited by Zeri~Zeri on Mon Apr 11, 2011 2:07 pm; edited 2 times in total
Zerifachias
Zerifachias
Totes-Mcgoats
Totes-Mcgoats

Back to top Go down

Post by Masquerade Wed Mar 30, 2011 9:20 am

Mia turned and walked away before Melody even had a chance to say something which she would consider undoubtedly stupid. "I'm going alone. Go bother someone else for a change," she lashed out harshly, though her voice was calm and collected. She didn't spare a single glance at the older woman as she continued to walk onwards.

"Fine, fine, but could you pick up some things for me at the shop if you're going? Thanks, Mia, dear," she called out to the younger girl, even though she had received no response. Mia was out of sight. Melody sighed. "No worries. I know she'll get the stuff for me," she reassured the others, smiling. "I think I'll head off to the tavern if no one has any complaints. I'm thinking of asking the barkeep for something to get rid of a hangover because that's what it feels like I have." She paused for a moment and blushed. "N-not as though I've had many...er, any of those before. I-I'm just speculating. Oh...where's Mia when I need her to tell me to stop prattling on and on...," she groaned to herself, the look on her face one of embarassment and unease.
Masquerade
Masquerade
Eternal Dreamer
Eternal Dreamer

Back to top Go down

Post by Xenosaga Wed Mar 30, 2011 3:33 pm

"I suppose it would be best to leave her then?" Rai inquired to the embarrassed woman as she looked away from the katana user. She held back a laugh, finding the expression on the empath's face rather amusing but polite enough not to embarrass the woman any further. Instead, Rai smiled pleasantly at her. "It would be a good idea for you to do that. Unfortunately, I'm not very familiar with hangovers." She wasn't a fan of alcohol. It stunk.

"What is a hangover?" Amaya inquired, leaning into the conversation. She had never heard of such a word before. "Is it painful?"

"Quite," Rai answered, nodding her head. "Be sure not to make any loud noises. That is extremely painful for a person with a hangover." Amaya nodded, not fully understanding. Rai mentally sighed. The child was more of a hands-on person. "Would you like to stay with Lady Melody?" It would be better for the girl to make friends with the rest of the group. It seemed they would be together for a long time.

"Will you leave me?" asked Amaya, staring up at the golden haired woman with an empty eye. Rai immediately shook her head, placing her hand on top of the child's head.

"I will just be gathering supplies around town," she explained with a reassuring smile. "I'll be sure to return as soon as possible. Besides, I think it might be best if Lady Melody had some company." Rai sent a glance at the empath, trying to hint at what she was trying to do. Not that she didn't want the child with her but there was a chance Amaya would learn more from someone else.
Xenosaga
Xenosaga
Never Awaken
Never Awaken

Back to top Go down

Post by Masquerade Wed Mar 30, 2011 5:19 pm

Mia sighed and burst into the weapon shop causing a few people there to give her quick, strange glances, only to go back to their business quite frantically after seeing the death glare she was giving them. She paced around the place and looked at the weapons on display. She ignored the weapon shop owner's greeting and continued to browse. Suddenly, she stopped and placed a hand on her heart; it was in pain. Before her was a katana that was eerily similar to one she had seen before: it was one modeled after the one her father used to fight with.

Her eyes grew cold as steel. The price was high. Next to it was a different katana more in her price range. She grabbed it. At the counter, she picked up some nice looking jewelry for Melody and bought them. She decided to keep the old stuff just in case. Marching out of the shop, she sighed again.

"Stupid memories. Burn away to nothing," she said to herself, a bit upset, but nevertheless, she trudged onward to her next destination.

Mia purchases Falchion and Lapis Lazuli Bracelet! [-410 Gold]

~ | ~ | ~

Melody smiled quickly, rubbing her head slightly. "I would love to have you along, Amaya," she said, picking up on Rai's hint easily. She was a psychic after all. To her, Rai was pretty much laying her emotions out on the bare ground. Amaya was rather perceptive; Melody wondered if she knew what Rai was up to, but it didn't matter. The empath had meant what she said.

"Come on, Amaya. What do you say? I can't purchase you any alcohol though; I'd get in trouble," she said lightheartedly and chuckled. Mia would be dying right now.

Last edited by Masquerade on Sun Apr 03, 2011 12:52 pm; edited 1 time in total
Masquerade
Masquerade
Eternal Dreamer
Eternal Dreamer

Back to top Go down

Post by Zerifachias Sun Apr 03, 2011 11:55 am

Hikari smiled, watching the exchange that took place. It warmed her heart to see that their team was so friendly to each other. Mia left something to be desired, but Melody still hung around the girl. Perhaps she knew something Hikari didn't. Hikari would think about that later though, right now she had a few other things to do before the day was over. "Okay," Hikari said happily, "I'm headed off to the baron's manor. I have a few connections there that will allow me to get an audience very easily with him. I'm hoping that he will have some information on the sage we're looking for." Hikari turned her body, but continued to look back at the others.

"Let's meet back up at the inn before nightfall, we don't want to be caught lingering outside in the dark for too long," Hikari called back to them, then set off on her way to the large manor in the distance, with only the sidewalk and many, many friendly greetings to accompany her. Pretty soon, she was out of sight.
Zerifachias
Zerifachias
Totes-Mcgoats
Totes-Mcgoats

Back to top Go down

Post by Xenosaga Mon Apr 04, 2011 2:39 pm

Amaya stared at her knight for a long moment, her single eye as empty as ever. It was difficult to tell if anything, anything at all, was running through her head. Yet, after that long moment, Amaya slowly tore her gaze away from the blond woman and took a step over to Melody's side. Looking down at the psychic's hand, the child grasped it, movement slow and lethargic but with no amount of hesitation. She then lifted her head to look Melody in the face.

"Hello," she greeted, gripping lightly only the four fingers of the woman's hand. Her touch was ice cold, not a single hint of warmth in them. As if all the blood in her hand was elsewhere. Amaya then shifted her gaze to watch the princess leave, until she was out of sight. Her gaze returned to Rai. "Bye-bye."

"I'll be back to pick you up as soon as possible," Rai promised and held out her hand. Every finger was curled inward except for the pinky. Amaya looked down at the pinky and then at Rai. "Hold out your pinky." Amaya did so. "Now wrap it around my pinky." Amaya paused for a second but did as she was told. Rai smiled. "And now, a pinky promise has been made."

"Pinky promise?" the child repeated, voice toneless. Rai just chuckled and pulled away.

"Behave, alright?" with those words, the knight began to walk away, turning back once to give them a final wave before disappearing around a corner. Amaya stayed rooted to her spot, pinky still outstretched. She didn't understand.
Xenosaga
Xenosaga
Never Awaken
Never Awaken

Back to top Go down

Post by Masquerade Mon Apr 04, 2011 4:51 pm

Melody shivered as she felt Amaya's hand touch hers. It was so...so cold. She had never actually touched the young girl before, though the empath was aware of the child's affinity with ice. But this....this was something else. Regardless, she tossed those thoughts aside. She wondered if Rai ever got any alone time, not that spending time with Amaya was a bad thing. However, she knew adults needed some time by themselves every once in a while.

"All right, Amaya. Let's head over to the tavern then," Melody spoke up with a smile. She guided the young child down the street towards the area where the tavern was. A small entourage of rough-looking men were exiting as Melody approached, still making sure Amaya was holding her hand. They nodded their heads politely at Melody and she did the same. She felt kind of odd; people like that were typically ones that caused trouble, but the whole city had a feeling of niceness about it, so she figured why wouldn't a tavern in a place like this be a friendly environment too?

Upon stepping inside, a warmth enveloped Melody; it completely wiped away her feelings from last night. Everyone seemed to be having such a good time, and their joyous emotions made Melody's heart and mind fill with the same sentiment. She smiled, wider and wider, her mouth quivering a bit. There she stood inside the tavern in front of the closed door that served as the entrance...and she cried.

"O-oh...I'm sorry, Amaya. I don't...I don't know what's come over me...heh heh," she tried to explain as she realized her cheeks were becoming wet with tears. She wiped her face with a sleeve of her kimono, yet still the tears continued to flow. I must look a sight, she thought to herself and laughed before looking down at Amaya. "Would you like to have something to eat or drink? Maybe some milk and crackers? Or a sandwich? Whatever they have here, I'll get for you."

~ | ~ | ~

Mia burst into the armor shop in a fashion similar to the way she did at the weapon shop, though there weren't that many people, so most just ignored her. She nodded, somewhat satisfied, and even spared a slight wave to the armor shop owner that had greeted her. The place had a wide variety of heavy armor, but the section specifically designated to elegant kimonos drew her attention. There was a plain green one--so simple. She grabbed it quickly. Another, a blue one with white clouds on it that reminded her of the sky caught her attention. Melody was sure to like that one. Mia rolled her eyes and grabbed it.

"Here," she stated flatly and handed over the gold for the clothes, not waiting for a response as she marched out with kimonos on hand. There wasn't much left to do, though she wasn't too keen on seeing what the others were up to. "Hmph. Back to the inn then," she said aloud and marched along the street towards the intended meeting place.

Mia purchases Breath and Air and Peace Dream! [-300 Gold]
Masquerade
Masquerade
Eternal Dreamer
Eternal Dreamer

Back to top Go down

Post by Xenosaga Wed Apr 06, 2011 8:49 pm

Holding a hand other than Rai's was different. It wasn't the touch but something else. Amaya looked up at the woman holding her hand and stared. After a moment, she turned away and gazed ahead, allowing the woman to lead her down the streets toward the tavern. She was to behave, like Rai said. Though she did not understand what Rai meant by behave, she knew she would find out.

Upon entering the tavern, Amaya almost pulled the woman to a stop, though it was pointless as the woman had stopped short once she set foot into the building. It was loud. Amaya stared at the occupants of the tavern, eye flickering back and forth. Everyone was doing something, laughing and smiling and playing and conversing. There was a sort of warmth in the air. She blinked and instantly, the temperature sounding her dropped. She made sure the woman wasn't affected because Rai had told her once that people were not like her. She was told she had to be careful.

Hearing the woman speak, Amaya tore her gaze away from the people and up at the woman. She immediately took note of the glistening wet streaks down the woman's face. It wasn't raining. She blinked. She had seen this before. Rai had done the same thing when they first met each other. That meant the woman was 'happy'. And the streaks were tears. So the woman was crying. Rai had said she was crying because she was happy. That meant people cried when they were happy. Amaya could not relate. She could not cry.

"Is it your happiness you feel?" she inquired softly, tilting her head. "Or is it the happiness of others?" Amaya then closed her mouth and looked away. She wasn't behaving. Rai would be displeased. She then continued, not at all hurrying despite the knowledge she had done wrong. Rai would explain it to her when she returned. "I am not hungry. Do you still feel pain?" The woman had had a hangover and that meant pain in the head. It meant discomfort and the inability to think well.

Amaya looked back up at the woman's crying face. "Tears are pretty," she stated tonelessly. She had heard someone say it once.

---

Rai was rather worried. She knew full well Melody and Amaya could take care of themselves in case of an ambush or any sort of trouble but that wasn't what she was worried about. Melody was a rather patient person but that did not mean she could take an onslaught of questions. Despite appearances, Rai knew Amaya to be a curious child who did not hesitate to ask anything, no matter how embarrassing the question. She also wandered off into all sorts of places if not kept under careful watch. But Melody was a capable woman. She was sure to be able to handle the young child. Still, that did not keep Rai from imagining the worst case scenarios.

Laughing softly at herself, she had become such a worry-wort, the knight continued down the streets while gazing upon the many sights. It was a wondrous city and she very much would have liked to take in the sights but she wanted to hurry back to Amaya. The sight of the child always eased her. And Amaya wouldn't have to worry about her not keeping their promise. That would be terrible. Hopefully, they would be able to wander the city a little longer before departing. It would be nice to show Amaya the sights.

Her gold eyes soon caught sight of an armor shop. That would be her first stop, it seemed. Changing directions, Rai walked briskly toward the shop. It wasn't very far. As she closed in on it, she came upon a pleasant surprise.

"Ah, Lady Mia," the knight greeted with a small smile at Melody's companion. Mia seemed like a rather anti-social girl but with a good heart nonetheless. "I assume you have finished with your preparations? I have just begun mine." Rai paused, looking back toward the inn before returned her attention to the girl in front of her. "Lady Melody and Amaya have headed for the tavern. Lady Hikari is currently running some errands and Lady Sekai is still resting in the inn. It might take a while so why don't you wander the city some more? I'm sure you'll find a nice, quiet place for yourself." Rai flashed another smile. "Well then, I won't be taking up any more of your time. Good day to you, Lady Mia."

Giving the girl a small bow, Rai went back to what she was doing, which was making her way to the armor shop. Surely there would be something for Amaya there. The child would look adorable in a new kimono. Rai had to smile at that.
Xenosaga
Xenosaga
Never Awaken
Never Awaken

Back to top Go down

Post by Masquerade Wed Apr 06, 2011 9:26 pm

With some more wiping of her cheeks with her sleeve, Melody managed to erase the tears from her face, and actually stopped crying which surprised her. The joy was so overwhelming; it had hit her like a ton of bricks. She smiled down at Amaya. "You are so perceptive, Amaya. I'm happy, but it was the happiness of all these people that made me cry," she explained, gesturing at all of the people making merry. She guided the young child to a table where they could sit. It was just a wooden table and chairs, but they were strangely comfortable. Then again, everything in the tavern radiated comfort. The smiles on the faces of all the customers was enough.

"Buuut, thanks to the happiness of these people, I don't feel the pain anymore," Melody continued. She hadn't forgotten about the girl's other question. "It's an odd power I've developed," she said and laughed. "To sense people's emotions...an advancement in my psychic prowess, mwahahaha," she rambled on, tacking on her horrible example of an evil laugh before smiling sadly. "Unfortunately, I haven't even begun to grasp this new power; it still overwhelms me. It probably always will...."

Her eyes were still stinging a bit from when the very emotion permeating the room subdued her, and forced her to cry. "Have you always thought tears were pretty, Amaya?" the empath asked lightly. It was a pretty odd statement. Melody didn't particularly care for crying, and when other people cried, she sought to comfort, to put an end to the tears. She never observed them.

~ | ~ | ~

Just as Mia was thinking she would get off easy and not have to see one of the others, a familiar face approached her on the streets: it was Rai. The older woman rambled on about something concerning the location of the others and something else about finding a quiet place. Mia glared at her and said nothing. This woman honestly thought she knew Mia's true heart? Find a quiet place to be alone? Telling her the location of the others so she could avoid them? What the hell was she playing at? Sucking up? To a little girl? Eventually Mia blinked and the woman was starting to walk away.

Mia remained silent. She was being nice. She could get away with abusing Melody verbally, but if she did so to one of the others in too blatant a manner, it could lead to trouble. Thus, she said nothing. It was all she could do. Rai eventually entered the armor shop, so Mia continued to walk away. Several minutes passed and she made it to the inn, bursting through the front door giving the innkeeper a start along with a few people in the lobby. She ignored them all and made her way to a wooden chair, taking a seat and examining her new weapon. From her kimono, she produced a cloth and began to wipe the blade; it had accumulated just a tad bit of dust in the shop.

I'll go and get changed into this new thing later, I guess, she thought, eyeing the new kimono she had placed on the arm of the chair along with the one she had bought for Melody. From the woman's words, I guess I'll have a lot of time to meditate. Hmph. She watched as the cloth slid over the blade smoothly. It felt strangely nice; it was a feeling she had encountered many times when wiping the blood of her enemies off of her previous blades. It was...comforting.
Masquerade
Masquerade
Eternal Dreamer
Eternal Dreamer

Back to top Go down

Post by Xenosaga Sat Apr 09, 2011 11:26 am

She was only stating whatever she observed. But it seemed there were humans who were not so observant. Amaya wondered if that hindered them any in their daily activities. Being observant helped with many things. For example, she would not have understood the workings of several tools the humans used if she had not watched and learned. Hearing the rather bland description of the woman's powers, Amaya was silent. After a moment, she spoke.

"It sounds troublesome," she stated. From what she had observed, emotions got in the way of many things. Humans were also, especially vulnerable to emotions. Many had extreme displays of such things. Anger was one of the most prominent that she had seen. It looked like a distracting thing to have. Amaya then took a seat on one of the wooden chairs. It was hard.

"I do not understand the meaning of the word 'pretty'," the child admitted, her hands flat on the wooden table. It was hard as well. "I have only heard of what people say. Some people agree. some people disagree. In this situation, however, the words seemed appropriate." Amaya tilted her head. "Did I displease you?"

---

Now that she was capable of roaming freely, Rai took her time in picking and choosing. There were many things to see, just as expected of a city like this. It was hard to pick a kimono that suited Amaya well, however. Especially one that could resist the cold the child emitted. She needed something durable yet cute and fitting at the same time.

Walking to one that seemed lie Amaya's size, Rai felt it. It felt rather nice but whether it could stand Amaya's cold air was another matter. Rai couldn't tell just from touching it. But it did seem rather warm. She supposed she would just have to make the child try it on. The design was also rather adorable. A smile crossed her face before she nodded. It would do just fine.

Taking it from the rack, she began to look for something for herself. She didn't need any clothing that covered the body. What she had on was durable enough. What she really needed was a new pair of boots, ones that could hit hard when she wanted them to. Rai moved out of the clothing section toward where the footwear lie. She was lucky they had one. Boots tended to be considered something in the accessory department.

It didn't take her long to find a pair that fit her and was to her liking. Picking them up, they were made of steel it seemed, Rai made her way to the counter. Placing both items down, she smiled at the clerk, who seemed to be in some shock at how easily she just carried the steel boots, and asked for a bag for the kimono. She could make it a surprise for Amaya. It would be a nice experience for the child. Paying for them, Rai thanked the clerk politely and left the shop.

It was time to look for some new ribbons.

Rai buys Festival Kimono and Steel-Toe Knight Boots. [-520].
Xenosaga
Xenosaga
Never Awaken
Never Awaken

Back to top Go down

Post by Masquerade Sat Apr 09, 2011 1:20 pm

Melody didn't get flustered this time, but merely smiled. "Of course, you didn't displease me," she replied gently. "I'm sorry for making you indulge the curiosity of an older woman," she apologized and laughed in a soft manner, her eyes sparkling. She thought about how the others were doing. This place seemed to lively; she didn't want to bother anyone with petty questions. Hikari was doing the majority of the gruntwork anyway. Too many questions and it was likely to raise suspicion.

"Are you ready to head back to the inn, Amaya? I know we didn't stay for very long, but it wouldn't be fair for the others to stay out too late," she asked, standing up from her chair. "In return for not staying, I'll make sure we take a scenic route so you can see a lot of the buildings in the city. Not really sure if you're into architecture, but I think the buildings in this city are 'pretty' and I wonder whether you would agree or disagree," she explained, still smiling, taking a few steps to where the child was sitting.
Masquerade
Masquerade
Eternal Dreamer
Eternal Dreamer

Back to top Go down

Post by Zerifachias Mon Apr 11, 2011 2:06 pm

The time it took for the others to get weapons and armor for their trips and battles to come, Hikari had met with and talked to the baron who ruled over Jesu city. Now she made her way back to the inn, in order to meet up with everyone else. But before she did that, Hikari wanted to make sure that their medicinal needs were met. She walked into the makeshift pharmacy and was immediately greeted by the red-haired girl at the counter. With a smile Hikari greeted her back and came a little closer.

"I'm traveling with a few others, and it's been getting dangerous for us. Could you prepare some sort of medicinal kit for us?" Hikari asked kindly.

"But of course!" the pharmacist, Shirayuki, replied happily, and began bundling up a few herbs and roots, along with a few small vials of green liquid. "The bitter medicine is the best," Shirayuki was saying, "But sometimes even the sweeter juices can help. I'm sure you'll find that these potions taste very sweet."

"Thanks a lot!" Hikari said, taking the bag Shirayuki handed her and forked over some gold pieces.

Hikari buys all the items on the Medicinal Shop list! -375 Gold!

All items have been added to the inventory!

"Good luck on your journey!" Shirayuki called out as Hikari left.

As Hikari continued on, approaching the armor and weapon shops, she noticed that Rai was lingering around, about to enter the weapon shop as it seemed. Hikari quickly skipped around other people in order to catch up with the knight. "Rai!" Hikari called happily, bounding up next to the older woman. "I'm glad I caught up to you. Are you almost done with your preparations?"
Zerifachias
Zerifachias
Totes-Mcgoats
Totes-Mcgoats

Back to top Go down

Post by Xenosaga Sun Apr 17, 2011 6:56 pm

When people apologized, it was because they either believed they had done something wrong or someone had forced them to. Amaya didn't remember doing anything like the latter. It could only be a former. What Amaya could not understand, however, is why the woman believed she had done something offensive. She did not ask, choosing to ponder the thought instead.

Amaya last long in her thoughts however, once the woman walked to her side of the table. Standing up, she raised her head to gaze up at the woman. After a moment, she reached out and grasped hold of the woman's hand.

"It will be an enlightening experience," she said, looking and sounding not at all excited.

---

It seemed the weapon shop wasn't very far from the armor one. Then again, it would be strange for those two places to be too far from each other. It would make it difficult for travelers to get what they need. As Rai made her way to the weapon shop, she absentmindedly wondered how Amaya and Melody were getting along. It had been quite a while since she left them. She did hope the child hadn't done anything. Her thoughts were broken, however, when she heard someone call her name.

Turning around at the voice, the knight caught sight of the princess's face and smiled.

"Hello, Lady Hikari," Rai greeted warmly, stopping in order to allow the girl to reach her. It wouldn't do to keep walking. "I have just one more stop before I return to Lady Melody and Amaya." She noted the extra supplies the princess held. "Have you completed your own preparations?"
Xenosaga
Xenosaga
Never Awaken
Never Awaken

Back to top Go down

Post by Sponsored content

Sponsored content

Back to top Go down

Page 12 of 18 Previous  1 ... 7 ... 11, 12, 13 ... 18  Next