Eternal Dream
Would you like to react to this message? Create an account in a few clicks or log in to continue.

The Adventures of Naletia - Now With Underage Drinking!

+5
Silver
Masquerade
Xenosaga
Durn
Zerifachias
9 posters

Page 21 of 40 Previous  1 ... 12 ... 20, 21, 22 ... 30 ... 40  Next

Go down

If you could choose one, which TOAD story would you like to see in literary form?

The Adventures of Naletia - Now With Underage Drinking! - Page 21 I_vote_lcap50%The Adventures of Naletia - Now With Underage Drinking! - Page 21 I_vote_rcap 50% 
[ 1 ]
The Adventures of Naletia - Now With Underage Drinking! - Page 21 I_vote_lcap50%The Adventures of Naletia - Now With Underage Drinking! - Page 21 I_vote_rcap 50% 
[ 1 ]
The Adventures of Naletia - Now With Underage Drinking! - Page 21 I_vote_lcap0%The Adventures of Naletia - Now With Underage Drinking! - Page 21 I_vote_rcap 0% 
[ 0 ]
The Adventures of Naletia - Now With Underage Drinking! - Page 21 I_vote_lcap0%The Adventures of Naletia - Now With Underage Drinking! - Page 21 I_vote_rcap 0% 
[ 0 ]
[ 0 ]

Total Votes : 2

Poll closed

The Adventures of Naletia - Now With Underage Drinking! - Page 21 Empty Re: The Adventures of Naletia - Now With Underage Drinking!

Post by Zerifachias Tue May 03, 2011 4:32 pm

Eh.

I'm more concerned about getting an avatar at the moment.

This is a terrible time for me to get artist's block.
Zerifachias
Zerifachias
Totes-Mcgoats
Totes-Mcgoats

Back to top Go down

The Adventures of Naletia - Now With Underage Drinking! - Page 21 Empty Re: The Adventures of Naletia - Now With Underage Drinking!

Post by Silver Tue May 03, 2011 7:27 pm

I always wait to see the stats first, everyone knows that. :p *Runs off to go post profile*
Silver
Silver
Prince of Dreams
Prince of Dreams

https://www.facebook.com/pages/Xavier-Rains/314656341904106

Back to top Go down

Post by Masquerade Tue May 03, 2011 8:11 pm

I didn't particularly care in this case. Cornelia's not really supposed to deal damage; she's more focused on tearing down the foes slowly over time. And for that, she needed MP, so that's what I told Zeri the accessory was going to boost beforehand. x-x
Masquerade
Masquerade
Eternal Dreamer
Eternal Dreamer

https://eternaldream.forummotion.com

Back to top Go down

Post by Zerifachias Tue May 03, 2011 8:51 pm

Right.

Well, now that all of the illegals have posted their profiles, I do believe that it is time to at least get this role play moving.

If there is anyone who still wishes to join, feel free to do so, but send your profiles asap. You do not want to miss these first few battles, as they are the very building blocks of this role play.

I still have no idea who the special character is going to be. I really have to get on that issue. [/procrastinator]
Zerifachias
Zerifachias
Totes-Mcgoats
Totes-Mcgoats

Back to top Go down

Post by Masquerade Tue May 03, 2011 9:27 pm

I know you'll come up with something, Zeri! >=o

https://www.youtube.com/watch?v=gopleZ66d4A
Masquerade
Masquerade
Eternal Dreamer
Eternal Dreamer

Back to top Go down

Post by Zerifachias Tue May 03, 2011 9:38 pm

Wahahahaha! xD

Oh, Maka. You crack me up so much.

Anyway.

I posted.

Get over yourself. 3=< *shot*

Erm...Valkner's kind of a...klutz...in his human form. But don't worry. He's very graceful in his dragon form. Blood goes flying everywhere. The enemy's blood that is.
Zerifachias
Zerifachias
Totes-Mcgoats
Totes-Mcgoats

Back to top Go down

Post by Zerifachias Tue May 03, 2011 10:38 pm

Oh god.

Kaleidoscope is going to be a disaster for the moral of the sand ninjas.

Good thing he's on our side...somewhat.

Also, Masq, I'm starting to like Cornelia more and more. xD
Zerifachias
Zerifachias
Totes-Mcgoats
Totes-Mcgoats

Back to top Go down

Post by Masquerade Wed May 04, 2011 8:28 am

Really? I'm glad to hear it. XD But Kaleidoscope is freakin' her out. e.e Zeri, do make sure the enemies all have hands and fingers of some sort~
Masquerade
Masquerade
Eternal Dreamer
Eternal Dreamer

Back to top Go down

Post by Zerifachias Wed May 04, 2011 10:19 am

Most of the enemies we'll be fighting are humanoids.

But there's sometimes a monster or two that we occasionally fight.
Zerifachias
Zerifachias
Totes-Mcgoats
Totes-Mcgoats

Back to top Go down

Post by Zerifachias Wed May 04, 2011 11:50 pm

*CAUTION: GIANT WALL OF TEXT APPROACHING!
Options:
A. Run the hell away.
B. Hide and cower in fear.
C. Cry.
D. Read it anyway*

HEY GUYS, WANNA KNOW A SECRET?

...No, I'm not telling you that. Maybe next year. Durn already knows though.

...What? I didn't give you a hint? Well, then you were just trolled. HA HA HA...HA.

Anyway, I have important matters to discuss with you people. It concerns the battle interface, and no, it's not recoil. That shit was a failure. I have a different idea (shocker).

Moral. It's kind of like Durn's Insanity for Seraphim Song, but it's different, because I thought of it. What would you guys do without my ideas? But I digress.

Moral, the motivational emotion that spurs a character into battle and what fuels his/her will to continue battle after taking a beating from the enemy. As of right now, this idea (if implemented) would only be applied to the newest role play, dubbed Amezi.

What? What does Moral signify? What does it do?

I'm glad you asked! Yes, Zeri has a split-personality, didn't you know? It shows up whenever I'm uber tired.

Moral would be a sort of indicator of a character's willingness to battle. Each battle, every character starts out with a certain level of moral. Having a high level of moral would be very beneficial to a character, for it means that they can take more hits from the enemy and still be able to continue fighting without being deterred, and not only that, but it would also increase the critical hit ratio somewhat.

Maybe I should give a practical example?

( ) ( ) ( ) ( ) ( ) A
( ) ( ) (O) ( ) ( ) B
( ) ( ) ( ) ( ) ( ) C
( ) ( ) (K) ( ) ( ) D
( ) ( ) ( ) ( ) ( ) E
-1---2---3---4---5

Here we have two combatants. Valkner as the dragon Kirin, and Oni, a lone sand ninja. For now we will max out their Moral. I want to explain what happens at that point first.

Valkner/Kirin
Moral: (//////////)

Oni

As you can see, the bars are completely filled in. When the bars are completely filled, the character enters a state of "indestructible" feeling. They believe that nothing will be able to take them out, so lowering their moral becomes very difficult. Both combatants entered the battle with this feeling; however, since it is the start of the battle, it is easier to lower moral with numbers. But for now let's lower their moral to half.

Valkner/Kirin

Oni

In a one-on-one battle type, this is the most likely starting point in Moral. At this stage, the critical hit ratio is default, and will fluctuate as the characters exchange blows. It is also very difficult for the enemy to run from the battle if your character equals or is above their moral. With every hit or so, the enemy's moral would go down by one, and vice-versa. Also, it is possible to increase moral, but more on that later. For now we will focus on lowering moral.

Now that we saw a one-on-one example, we will move on to a two-on-one example. Let's add Cornelia to the allied party.

( ) ( ) ( ) ( ) ( ) A
( ) ( ) (O) ( ) ( ) B
( ) ( ) ( ) ( ) ( ) C
( ) (C) (K) ( ) ( ) D
( ) ( ) ( ) ( ) ( ) E
-1---2---3---4---5

Valkner/Kirin

Cornelia

Oni

Did you see what happened? Oni's Moral went down by a little less than half, because Cornelia was added to Valkner's team. Also, Valkner and Cornelia's Moral increased a little. This is important, so pay attention: When another party member joins the fray, or a neutral character shows an alliance with the allied party, or if an enemy character defects, the result in the enemy party's moral is very noticeable. The point system in a larger battle would be more funky than in this scenario, keep that in mind. At this stage, Oni's critical hit rate would have dropped a little. I don't know the exact percentages yet, so be patient while I figure that out. Now, let's take Cornelia back out of the party and have Valkner attack Oni. Oni would take 3 damage from the attack, which is 10% of his maximum health.

( ) ( ) ( ) ( ) ( ) A
( ) ( ) (O) ( ) ( ) B
( ) ( ) (K) ( ) ( ) C
( ) ( ) ( ) ( ) ( ) D
( ) ( ) ( ) ( ) ( ) E
-1---2---3---4---5

Valkner/Kirin

Oni

As you can tell, Oni's moral went down after taking a little damage, but Valkner's stayed the same. That's because it was a weaker attack that really didn't have much of an effect on the battle. Now let's have Oni attack Valkner, who would only take 1 damage.

Valkner/Kirin

Oni

There! Did you see that? Oni did only a wee bit of damage, but instead of the moral evening out, Oni's dropped and Valkner's increased. This is because of the damage difference in their attacks. Obviously this would end in Valkner's favor, so let's drop Oni's Moral to nothing and boost Valkner's moral as high as it can go with just basic attacking.

Valkner/Kirin

Oni

At this point, you may expect Oni to give up the fight or to defect from the enemy party. But that is not actually what happens. Oni actually loses a lot of power instead, because his moral has become so low. At this point, his critical hit rate will be reduced to 0%, and any attack he makes against the enemy has a 35% chance of being blocked or dodged. Obviously, it is very important to make sure that moral doesn't reach such a low amount. There will be medicine of sorts to boost moral.

Now, as for Valkner's moral, it is the highest level it could possibly be with just attacking the enemy with basic attacks, just chipping away at the enemy's health. At this point, the critical hit rate rises a little bit more, but that's about it. In order to really increase moral to full, Valkner would have to KO Oni. So let's do that.

Valkner/Kirin

Now, at this point, critical hit rate would be the highest moral could get it, probably somewhere around 15%, instead of the default 5%, which is actually a really big increase. Not only that, but evasion goes up by 15% too. AND if that were not enough, Attack/Intelligence is raised by 10%. But the thing is, moral can only reach full strength if the character already has 9 bars of moral before KO'ing an enemy. That's the only way it can happen.

I know this is a lot of information to take in, even I'm having difficulty trying to understand it, although I get the idea behind it. The question is, do you?

Let me know what you think. I may or may not have to add anything to this post. I'm too lazy right now though.
Zerifachias
Zerifachias
Totes-Mcgoats
Totes-Mcgoats

Back to top Go down

Post by Masquerade Thu May 05, 2011 7:36 am

I think you're thinking about it too much...and the lack of sleep probably isn't helping. From the player's standpoint, I think it would be something easy to understand and get used to. Though it will seem as though more work will be placed on your shoulders. Either way, it sounds like a fine idea. :3
Masquerade
Masquerade
Eternal Dreamer
Eternal Dreamer

Back to top Go down

Post by Silver Thu May 05, 2011 8:34 am

I like the concept, it makes sense that a character's mood and will to fight would reach different points as battles went on. I do believe it would be a nice addition as long as your willing to keep up with it. But I have one question: What happens if a KOed Character is revived? I assume it results in the addition of moral to the side that has the character revived.
Silver
Silver
Prince of Dreams
Prince of Dreams

Back to top Go down

Post by Zerifachias Thu May 05, 2011 12:06 pm

Perhaps I am thinking too much.

That's what I get for staying up so late. It happens all the time. I stay up late, my brain starts whirring around about something, and keeps getting faster and faster until I decide to slow it down with video games or sleep.

@Sliv: The revived character would not receive any moral from being revived, but the rest of the party may receive a boost, depending on the affinity between your character and the one who was revived. The enemy party's moral would hardly budge at all.
Zerifachias
Zerifachias
Totes-Mcgoats
Totes-Mcgoats

Back to top Go down

Post by Zerifachias Thu May 05, 2011 12:07 pm

Double post 'cause frustrated now:

DURN AND KUORI.

AFFINITY.

ADD IT.

NOW.
Zerifachias
Zerifachias
Totes-Mcgoats
Totes-Mcgoats

Back to top Go down

Post by Zerifachias Thu May 05, 2011 1:38 pm

Triple post to make Masq happy.

AFFINITY SYSTEM.

I have developed a new way to increase affinity! Yes, I know, I keep suffocating you guys with my brilliant ideas. Except for recoil. That wasn't so brilliant. But even geniuses like myself need to have failed experiments in order to progress!

Okay, enough ego-boosting for now. I'm not THAT tired.

Anyway, you all know that there are plenty of ways to boost affinity, right? Well, sometimes it's hard to notice when it would be appropriate to increase the affinity between two characters. And I have a temporary solution to that problem, which is pretty much a new way to boost affinity where it would be plainly obvious that affinity is going up.

Maybe I should get to the meat of the issue here.

Valkner is not the type of person to come up with new abilities or techniques on the spot, he's rather ungraceful with that too. So, I had a thought, that if one of the other characters would suggest an ability that Valkner could learn, then there would be an affinity boost opportunity.

Let me give you an example:

Say, for example, that after this battle Cornelia were to approach Valkner and tell him that maybe he should try roaring at the enemy, because it might help lower their moral. Valkner would think about it and, in this case, accept that idea and try it out. Because of that, both of them would receive an affinity boost of around 1 or 2 points, depending on how complicated the idea is. In this case, basic roaring would only give about +1 affinity. But Cornelia would still have to be careful not to fry Valkner's brains with complicated words.

A move that specifically lowers Moral, which is a new addition to the role play. This would help tremendously with ending the battle quickly, as you might tell. But Cornelia and Valkner would both receive an affinity boost with each other, which also helps in the long run.

I don't need feedback for this idea. I already got it. Besides, it's up to you if you want to use this technique or not. I'm just introducing it so you know about it.

It will be easy to gain affinity with Valkner, though. He's the leader and also kind of a klutz. Klutzy leaders are easy to get along with. Unless it's like Electria and Aaric's relationship.
Zerifachias
Zerifachias
Totes-Mcgoats
Totes-Mcgoats

Back to top Go down

Post by Durn Thu May 05, 2011 2:40 pm

I haven't been online since yesterday, Zeri.

I'll add it when I see the post, you know that.

[/ignores the fact that it wasn't there in the first place, where it should have been]
Durn
Durn
Hermit Sage
Hermit Sage

Back to top Go down

Post by Zerifachias Thu May 05, 2011 6:09 pm

Hrm.

I have a small announcement to make.

I will be out of town tomorrow, Saturday, and half of Sunday. I'm going on my first camping trip since New Year's, and I will not have internet access. Therefore, my role plays won't be moving so quickly. But that should be fine. It took a few days for us to get ready, and Sliv still needs to post his character's position, so I think we can wait a little while longer.

This also gives everyone a chance to focus on finals, since mine are over. xD

But yeah, it would be nice if I could update the thread at least once tonight.
Zerifachias
Zerifachias
Totes-Mcgoats
Totes-Mcgoats

Back to top Go down

Post by Silver Thu May 05, 2011 6:31 pm

I was waiting for Cerani, getting it up as we speak =)

Edit: Yep... Quinn is like Iwa... except he doesn't keep his thoughts to himself.
Silver
Silver
Prince of Dreams
Prince of Dreams

Back to top Go down

Post by Zerifachias Thu May 05, 2011 7:07 pm

Rather conceited are you, Quinn?

Anyway.

Updated Amezi. Valkner transformed and is spitting fireballs at some sand ninja.
Zerifachias
Zerifachias
Totes-Mcgoats
Totes-Mcgoats

Back to top Go down

Post by Silver Thu May 05, 2011 7:11 pm

He's somewhat based off of Edge from Final Fantasy IV if you've played that.

And Quinn is kinda bummed he can't take anything from the ninjas just yet :/
Silver
Silver
Prince of Dreams
Prince of Dreams

Back to top Go down

Post by Kurio Thu May 05, 2011 7:48 pm

Did someone say Edge, ara? :DDD
Kurio
Kurio
Masochistic Kitty Kat Maid
Masochistic Kitty Kat Maid

Back to top Go down

Post by Cerani Thu May 05, 2011 11:05 pm

On a whim, I looked up Latin curse words. Highly educational. XD
Cerani
Cerani
Right Hand of Destruction
Right Hand of Destruction

Back to top Go down

Post by Durn Fri May 06, 2011 2:42 pm

SilverStorm wrote:And Quinn is kinda bummed he can't take anything from the ninjas just yet :/

Yeah, Kaleidoscope too. :/
Durn
Durn
Hermit Sage
Hermit Sage

Back to top Go down

Post by Masquerade Fri May 06, 2011 6:30 pm

Finished all of Cornelia's first A-Ability skills. ._.
Masquerade
Masquerade
Eternal Dreamer
Eternal Dreamer

Back to top Go down

Post by Zerifachias Sun May 08, 2011 2:10 pm

I'm back.

Amezi was updated.
Zerifachias
Zerifachias
Totes-Mcgoats
Totes-Mcgoats

Back to top Go down

Post by Sponsored content

Sponsored content

Back to top Go down

Page 21 of 40 Previous  1 ... 12 ... 20, 21, 22 ... 30 ... 40  Next