Eternal Dream
Would you like to react to this message? Create an account in a few clicks or log in to continue.

Tales of Alidare Discussion Thread (J-E-N-O-V-A)

+4
Durn
Zerifachias
Masquerade
Cerani
8 posters

Page 20 of 40 Previous  1 ... 11 ... 19, 20, 21 ... 30 ... 40  Next

Go down

Tales of Alidare Discussion Thread (J-E-N-O-V-A) - Page 20 Empty Re: Tales of Alidare Discussion Thread (J-E-N-O-V-A)

Post by Masquerade Tue Feb 08, 2011 8:25 pm

Yeah, she totally scared the shit out of that one thief. He's still freakin' out over there. XD And now, an update!
Masquerade
Masquerade
Eternal Dreamer
Eternal Dreamer

https://eternaldream.forummotion.com

Back to top Go down

Tales of Alidare Discussion Thread (J-E-N-O-V-A) - Page 20 Empty Re: Tales of Alidare Discussion Thread (J-E-N-O-V-A)

Post by Masquerade Tue Feb 08, 2011 8:52 pm

Double post cuz I'm epic shit.

Do realize that I KNEW it was pointless to try and nail Auza with a status effect, but since he couldn't do anything anyway, I figured it would be hilarious for him to try. XD

Also, make sure you pay attention to what these guys are saying/thinking. That way, when we get to events later on, you can be like: "OH! So THAT'S what that poor thief that got bound and shit himself meant!"
Masquerade
Masquerade
Eternal Dreamer
Eternal Dreamer

Back to top Go down

Post by Zerifachias Tue Feb 08, 2011 9:37 pm

M'kay.

Auza changed her mind at the last minute. She was more annoyed with being attacked by that demon thing.

So she sealed it.

And it will run away so Auza can focus on regaining her mana from the thief.
Zerifachias
Zerifachias
Totes-Mcgoats
Totes-Mcgoats

Back to top Go down

Post by Masquerade Wed Feb 09, 2011 11:06 am

It's up to you whether or not to keep the thief around. You can just have Auza command Klein to kill him off to get the experience, or we can keep around for...other uses.
Masquerade
Masquerade
Eternal Dreamer
Eternal Dreamer

Back to top Go down

Post by Zerifachias Wed Feb 09, 2011 3:47 pm

Can Auza get the thief to subdue the other thief for her while she attempts to seal the demon?

Wait. Is the demon immune to Disable? Because I don't see anything there that says he is, but you don't show us those things much anymore.
Zerifachias
Zerifachias
Totes-Mcgoats
Totes-Mcgoats

Back to top Go down

Post by Masquerade Wed Feb 09, 2011 4:36 pm

He's not immune, but I told you negative status is never 100%. No damaging moves that inflict status DO have a pretty high chance at doing so, but RNG hates you. Blame it.

Also, remember how Zero survived a 99% chance of Oblivion? Yeah.

And she can do whatever with the thief. At this point, he's willing to cooperate to teach his ex-employer a lesson about being so arrogant.
Masquerade
Masquerade
Eternal Dreamer
Eternal Dreamer

Back to top Go down

Post by Zerifachias Wed Feb 09, 2011 4:41 pm

Then I shall blame RNG.

I'm going to assume at this point that it's a 75% or 80% chance for Auza. Would I be correct?

If so, then I need to get a promotion that makes it more likely that she will inflict statuses on enemies, since that's basically all she does. xD

As for the thief, Auza is going to pit him against his boss. Just 'cause.

I'll have a post up in a bit.
Zerifachias
Zerifachias
Totes-Mcgoats
Totes-Mcgoats

Back to top Go down

Post by Masquerade Wed Feb 09, 2011 4:43 pm

It's 75% as is the standard. Negative status effect susceptibiliity increasing move would probably be very helpful, especially when enemies start getting natural resistance. Bosses from here on out won't be affected whatsoever for the most part.

And that's fine. The thief is good to have around as another damage dealer.
Masquerade
Masquerade
Eternal Dreamer
Eternal Dreamer

Back to top Go down

Post by Zerifachias Wed Feb 09, 2011 5:13 pm

Anti-Gamma field.

Right.

I'll start working on that.

"That's what I thought."

>>
Zerifachias
Zerifachias
Totes-Mcgoats
Totes-Mcgoats

Back to top Go down

Post by Masquerade Wed Feb 09, 2011 6:27 pm

Well, pretty much every definite enemy character has been rendered completely unable to do anything, and we get a nice surprise thanks to Danzel's tip. :3
Masquerade
Masquerade
Eternal Dreamer
Eternal Dreamer

Back to top Go down

Post by Masquerade Wed Feb 09, 2011 8:58 pm

Just a little insight about the layout of the manor:

There's two floors.

On the first floor, there is a workshop, a patio, a kitchen, a dining room, a foyer, and a living room.

On the second floor, there is a hallway, two bedrooms, a library, and the boss's room.

Using Inquire will allow you to know which doors lead where, but the location of the book is still a mystery. Also, just going to the boss's room isn't going to work. It's locked and sealed with demonic powers, so that's a no. I mean, you can try it if you like, but you gonna get REJECTED. XD Something special happens on the patio that clears up WHY it's sealed with demonic power.

Also, Danzel will tell us the story of these ostentacious thieves after the battle.
Masquerade
Masquerade
Eternal Dreamer
Eternal Dreamer

Back to top Go down

Post by Zerifachias Wed Feb 09, 2011 9:02 pm

I believe that Auza will be getting a Anti-Gamma field ability.

I have a skill point I would like to use. I won't use it until this battle is over, of course, and you do need to confirm it's useability and mana consumption.

For some reason, I keep thinking this is going to be a lot of mana. .-.

+ Anti-Gamma Field - Auza's magic suddenly fires itself from the soles of her feet and spread out to cover a large radius. The magic, though invisible to enemies, glows a bright red color as it passes through their bodies. Any enemy touched by these rays are assaulted by magic on the molecular level that destroys their immune systems. When the field is cast, it has a permanent and heavy effects on enemies it touches. When the field disappears, it leaves behind slight traces of gamma rays that will only slightly affect enemies. Expands magic into a 3 cell radius that destroys the immune system of mammals. It also causes machines to malfunction, but has no effect on supernatural beings. Reduces enemies' Resist by 25% at full power. Field lasts 3 turns. Resist is reduced by 10% when only traces are left. Resist reductions are permanent until the enemy is KO'ed. A fuckload of mana ??? MP

If you're confused by anything, let me know.

I didn't know this would be so freaking long and complex. >>
Zerifachias
Zerifachias
Totes-Mcgoats
Totes-Mcgoats

Back to top Go down

Post by Masquerade Wed Feb 09, 2011 9:11 pm

Zeri~Zeri wrote:
+ Anti-Gamma Field - Auza's magic suddenly fires itself from the soles of her feet and spread out to cover a large radius. The magic, though invisible to enemies, glows a bright red color as it passes through their bodies. Any enemy touched by these rays are assaulted by magic on the molecular level that destroys their immune systems. When the field is cast, it has a permanent and heavy effects on enemies it touches. When the field disappears, it leaves behind slight traces of gamma rays that will only slightly affect enemies. Expands magic into a 3 cell radius that destroys the immune system of mammals. It also causes machines to malfunction, but has no effect on supernatural beings. Reduces enemies' Resist by 25% at full power. Field lasts 3 turns. Resist is reduced by 10% when only traces are left. Resist reductions are permanent until the enemy is KO'ed. A fuckload of mana ??? MP

So it only affects Humanoids, Beasts and Machines, but doesn't affect Demons/Undead? Is that what you're getting at? If so, it won't cost so much, but it needs to be clarified before I give it a cost.
Masquerade
Masquerade
Eternal Dreamer
Eternal Dreamer

Back to top Go down

Post by Zerifachias Wed Feb 09, 2011 9:12 pm

It doesn't affect demons or angels. Supernatural beings.
Zerifachias
Zerifachias
Totes-Mcgoats
Totes-Mcgoats

Back to top Go down

Post by Masquerade Wed Feb 09, 2011 9:21 pm

Okay, just wanted to make sure. Well, I put angels under Humanoids, but I doubt we'll be seeing any of them. Demons, on the other hand, are something we'll probably get sick and tired of seeing by the time we catch up with Desert Rose. -.- I threw in the Undead class, too, since it wouldn't make sense for it to affect ghosts and things that, well, aren't living anymore. They're supernatural anyway.

If all that is true, the final MP cost is...

...36 MP. Only because I'm assuming it affects everything except angels, Demons, and Undead. If that's wrong, let me know so I can either bump it up or chop it down.
Masquerade
Masquerade
Eternal Dreamer
Eternal Dreamer

Back to top Go down

Post by Zerifachias Wed Feb 09, 2011 9:24 pm

The undead don't really have immune systems, so yeah, they aren't affected.

Okay, 36 MP. Not as bad as I thought. I'll add it in and take away that skill point.
Zerifachias
Zerifachias
Totes-Mcgoats
Totes-Mcgoats

Back to top Go down

Post by Masquerade Wed Feb 09, 2011 9:35 pm

Thank you, kindly. A rather interesting update is coming up in a minute or two. Gotta do the player character actions real quick. :3
Masquerade
Masquerade
Eternal Dreamer
Eternal Dreamer

Back to top Go down

Post by Zerifachias Wed Feb 09, 2011 9:47 pm

Hm...

It is interesting.

Should I let Auza allow him to leave, or should she stop him with immobilize?

We don't get experience if he leaves, right?

Maybe Auza can convince him to help them as well, instead of running away. =D
Zerifachias
Zerifachias
Totes-Mcgoats
Totes-Mcgoats

Back to top Go down

Post by Masquerade Wed Feb 09, 2011 9:50 pm

That's up to you. It's entirely your decision. The only thing I'll confirm is that we get no experience from him if he manages to escape. Also, I'll point out that he hasn't reacted to Danzel's words yet, so just keep that in mind.

EDIT: I'm out for the night. I'll update tomorrow after Calc II lecture as long as you've posted. I'm taking more enjoyment from developing this story than the actual battles. I've decided that this mystery will haunt us all the way to the point where we find Desert Rose again. XD
Masquerade
Masquerade
Eternal Dreamer
Eternal Dreamer

Back to top Go down

Post by Zerifachias Wed Feb 09, 2011 10:16 pm

Sounds like a plan.

Okay, I have to get up at 7:30 tomorrow, so it's sleepy time. >>
Zerifachias
Zerifachias
Totes-Mcgoats
Totes-Mcgoats

Back to top Go down

Post by Masquerade Thu Feb 10, 2011 8:37 am

Henry is love. XD
Masquerade
Masquerade
Eternal Dreamer
Eternal Dreamer

Back to top Go down

Post by Zerifachias Thu Feb 10, 2011 12:08 pm

Oh my God, Masq. xD

You're a great person, you know that?

I want to change Auza's D-Ability.

But do I really have to wait until promotion? I remember you saying something like that, we can change it after promotion.

By the way, I'm probably going to use Auza's D-Ability.

Yeah.
Zerifachias
Zerifachias
Totes-Mcgoats
Totes-Mcgoats

Back to top Go down

Post by Masquerade Thu Feb 10, 2011 12:36 pm

Yeah, you have to wait until promotion. Just doesn't make sense for some super awesome ultimate attack to just change like *poof*. And that's fine with the whole D-Ability thing. It's only -1 since Danzel's doesn't count against us. Yay for Neutral Characters. =D
Masquerade
Masquerade
Eternal Dreamer
Eternal Dreamer

Back to top Go down

Post by Zerifachias Thu Feb 10, 2011 12:44 pm

Is Danzel going to help us throughout this short phase of the arc, or is he gone after this battle? =3
Zerifachias
Zerifachias
Totes-Mcgoats
Totes-Mcgoats

Back to top Go down

Post by Masquerade Thu Feb 10, 2011 1:08 pm

He's going to give us a friendly tour of the manor. After we leave, he says his farewells. We might meet up again with him in the future, and we might not. You know how these things go. ^ ^

Also, Auza is sooooooo flucking lucky. XD
Masquerade
Masquerade
Eternal Dreamer
Eternal Dreamer

Back to top Go down

Post by Sponsored content

Sponsored content

Back to top Go down

Page 20 of 40 Previous  1 ... 11 ... 19, 20, 21 ... 30 ... 40  Next