Eternal Dream
Would you like to react to this message? Create an account in a few clicks or log in to continue.

Adrenaline Rush: An Unfamiliar Journey

+2
TheNinjaSlayer
Zerifachias
6 posters

Page 1 of 2 1, 2  Next

Go down

Adrenaline Rush: An Unfamiliar Journey Empty Adrenaline Rush: An Unfamiliar Journey

Post by Zerifachias Tue Aug 07, 2012 9:17 am

Ze best pokemon role play to date! And it hasn't even started yet. XD

~~~~~The World~~~~~

In the center of the world, there stands a large tower, dedicated to the legends of the past. Statues of incredible beasts are built on the multiple levels of the magnificent spire, which pierces through the clouds and the atmosphere. At the very too of the tower, in the weightlessness of the space outside our world, there is a city of machines, carved out with steel and iron. It is the dream of those still living on the Surface to reach this place of magnificence, for this city holds only those who have proven themselves to the legends.

To the northwest of the Magnic Spire, lies the country Ikai, a frozen landscape that stretches far beyond the horizon's limits. Beneath the glaciers and ice caps, however, is the place where the Water Tribesmen thrive. A thousand cities light up the ocean floor, built under the immense pressure of water and ice. Agriculture here is close to non-existence, for those who reside here rely mostly on the tough fish that threaten their very lives on a daily basis for sustenance.

To the south of Magnic Spire, lies the country Ferrith, a more humid land that is the home of many tropical plants and wildlife. The advanced cities that dot this landscape are flowing with milk and honey, for agriculture is the main attraction of these lands. No boy ever goes past the age of 12 before getting a serious education of agriculture. These dark-skinned folk thrive under the beating of the hot sun.

To the west of Magnic Spire, rests an endless and unforgiving ocean, with mountains that pierce the clouds. This ocean bears it's own name and status as a country, Adamines. The tall cliffs and mountains of this country have been hollowed out, and is now the home to massive cities of gems, for each mountain contained a massive sum of valuable rocks. This is the richest and most magnificent of the countries, home to those who live on the dirt and sand of the mountain. These people are hardy and stubborn, like the very mountains in which they live.

To the southeast of Magnic Spire lies even more ocean than the one to the west. But it is not the ocean that bears a country, but the skies. The free-flying folk of the skies are the most light-hearted and open-minded of all the countries. These sky-cities, also known as the Floating Rock Cities, were gifted the name Loretoudem for their country. Flying comes easiest to those who are born in this country, for they were gifted with large creatures of flight by the skies to use as partners.

These are the five countries, each magnificent in their own way, but something else still remains to be told. There are those in this peace-loving world who do not wish to partake of the glory or the honor the others hold in their hearts. Beneath Magnic Spire, in the vast underground mines, dug out eons ago by the extinct race of the dwarf, lies an organization of unknown strength and size. The people of this country were cursed with the name Broetham, which means "Accursed" in the old, dwarven tongue. Nothing is known about this mysterious, and surely evil country, except that they only mean ill will towards those who live on the surface and above.

~~~~~The Unfamiliar Journey~~~~~

As it is everyone's dream to reach Magnic Spire and become a Legend for themselves, each child is granted permission to travel the world in order to find themselves, and given the chance to become a Legend. This has become more than just a tradition, but a law of all the states and countries. The formal documentation signed by the Council of Five states thus:

"And so, upon the eighteenth year after birth, when maturity is reached, they will set out on an unfamiliar journey throughout all the countries of the world, obtaining proofs of excellence from each major city, of which there are to be precisely and no more than eight in each country. Only after obtaining the eight proofs of excellence shall the one in question challenge the Council member of that country, to earn the Merit of Excellence, custom to traditions of that country. After four Merits of Excellence are won fairly, the one in question must travel to Magnic Spire to challenge the fifth member of the Council, and prove to the Council as a whole that this excellence was well-deserved, and worthy of being granted the title of Legend."

~~~~~The Story~~~~~

You will control a character that has reached his/her 18th year of birth, and must go through the countries (in the order in which that year is set) to obtain these Proofs of Excellence and Merits of Excellence. You will travel, finding friends and allies along the way, as well as enemies and rivals. All about this is well, only on this particular year, the Unfamiliar Journey has been tampered with, and made unfair, for the organization that lives beneath the Surface is preparing to make their move against the Legends of Magnic Tower. Your character must become a Legend, but the way will be even more difficult than all the years previous.

The order of the countries this year is the order in which they were introduced at the beginning. Ikai, Ferrith, Adamites, and Loretoudem.

~~~~~The Characters~~~~~

As you might have already guessed, there is a slight requirement of your characters being 18 years old. I would also like to request that your character be a sort of prodigy as well, so that them becoming a Legend is all but guaranteed. But there is another restriction, in terms of the number of people that I will be accepting. Below is a list of slots that need to be filled:

Ikai Traveler: Sliv-kun
Ferrith Traveler: Kuori-chan
Adamites Traveler: Masq-san
Loretoudem Traveler: Zeri-sama

Special Slot: (Does not need to be filled for the role play to exist)

~~~~~Features~~~~~ New!

This role play has quite a few features that you would never see in the games. For instance, the farming of pokemon for food. It will never be described as such, but when you eat meat in this role play, that is what it is. So this has a darker, more mature feel than the games or the anime. Although the anime shows Ash eating hamburgers, you never know what that hamburger is made out of. You automatically assume there are cows or bison in the world.

Some features pertaining to the start of the role play...characters will begin with two pokemon from their native lands; i.e, the Ikai traveler will begin with ice or water types, the Ferrith traveler with grass or fire types (or anything you can find in a humid climate), the Adamites traveler with rock or ground types (or anything that you can find in a cave), and the Loretoudem traveler with flying or electric types (electric because the Floating Rock Cities are floating because of electricity and wind manipulation). You may start with one, but it would be better for you if you had two to begin with.

Now, these pokemon don't have to be in their beginning evolutionary chain. Say, for instance, my character has a Pidgeotto. This would be okay, because the Pidgey chain has two evolutions. Starting in the middle would be fine. Having the final evolution would only be okay if it is a minor change, like Eevee to Vaporeon. Another reason to have the final evolution is the Magikarp Deal. Often there are pokemon, like Magikarp, and even Teddiursa that are just plain useless. For that, starting off with the final evolution would be perfectly okay. I have a few examples I can share for you. Now, you don't have to use the Magikarp deal if you don't want to. If you want to go through the evolution process, then be my guest.
-----------------------------
Magikarp Deals: (All deals not listed)
Magikarp - Gyrados
Teddiursa - Ursaring
Chinchou - Lanturn
Riolu - Lucario
Cubchoo - Beartic
Clampearl - Huntail/Gorebyss
Feebas - Milotic
Vulpix - Ninetails
Growlith - Arcanine
Duskull - Dusklops
Shuppet - Baynette
Bronzor - Bronzong
Rufflet - Braviary
-----------------------------

More features!

You will all meet each other at the Magnic Spire. Although you are supposed to start in Ikai, every 18-year-old has to meet at Magnic Spire before heading out on the Unfamiliar Journey. This is so that you can obtain Trainer Cards, which allow you to capture pokemon from other regions besides your own, and allow you to use the Pokemon Centers and Marts in other regions. You are given an allowance during the duration of your journey until you return to Magnic Spire, so you will not have to worry about food or medicines as much, seeing as you'll be in populated areas unless you want to capture wild pokemon, which is the only type of pokemon you are allowed to catch. You can't go throwing pokeballs at someone's pet Espeon.

The Trainer Card has five functions in total.

The first and second have already been explained. Capturing pokemon in other regions (like a fishing license) and using the PokeCenter and PokeMarts.

The third function is storage of your allowance. It acts like a debit card, by storing Credits. Certain amounts of credits can buy you supplies from the market. Ikai and Ferrith have large markets in every major city, while Loretoudem has a small market in one of their cities and Adamites has only a single PokeMart in each major city.

A fourth function is rank. Copper, Bronze, Silver, Gold, and Platinum. You start out as a Copper. After beating the first Council member, you go up to Silver. So on and so forth. After beating the final Council member, you still have to go through all of Magnic Tower before becoming a Legend, in which you are given a new Trainer Card to celebrate. But that's not for a long time.

The final function is identification. There are police and high-tech security systems that will require you to show your ID, your Trainer Card. Previously, before you get your Trainer Card, you had a small dogtag you had to wear somewhere on your body that marks you as underage. It had to be visible, so security systems could scan it accurately and police would ignore you unless you got in the way.
----

Region-specific features!

In Ikai, there is no place in the cities for you to capture pokemon. If you wanted to capture wild pokemon, you either had to go to one of the fishing holes, or go to the surface. You can find all the different types of ice-type pokemon on the surface, except for a spare few that might prefer the water to the surface, which you will need to fish for.

In Ferrith, wild pokemon are pretty much in any place that there isn't a farm or homes. The forested regions are an excellent place for exploring, and you can't get lost either. They have trail markers painted on the trees so you can get back to the cities, no matter how far off the trail you wander. They thought of everything, really.

In Adamites, you can visit the magnificent structures and see all the beautiful gems and dusts that were collected in the excavation process. They have a museum in every mountain-city that you can visit, each one depicting a different type of gem. There are still mountains with enormous cave systems that were not hollowed out, and each city has a tram that can take you to one. You can explore these caves as long as you have a reliable light source, a partner who knows the caves, and a Trainer Card.

In Loretoudem, you can use their special single-flight machines to fly around with the pokemon, or with other characters. These machines are extremely reliable and have a slight mind of their own. They can direct you back towards the city, and will automatically do so if you reach a point where you're running out of electricity to fuel the machine. You always make it back, so there is no fear, just be careful of running into other machines. They're durable, but don't bump into anyone. These machines were not designed to go fast or far, but you can do some nifty air-tricks with them.

~~~~~Character Profile~~~~~New!

Code:
[b]Nationality:[/b] (Ikai, Ferrith, Adamites, Loretoudem)
[b]Name:[/b] (First and last names please)
[b]Age:[/b] 18
[b]Gender:[/b] (Male or Female)
[b]Appearance:[/b] (Pictures are just as acceptable as text descriptions)
[b]Theme Song:[/b] (Just for fun. This is optional, though if you do it, it could be your character's theme, or just your favorite song.)

[b]Personality:[/b] (What is your character like? What do they like? What do they dislike? Pet peeves? Hobbies? I would prefer your character to be mostly friendly. This is a pokemon role play, if our main characters are hostile towards each other, it won't be much fun. Then again, that doesn't mean we can't have arguments between characters from time to time.)

[b]Biography:[/b] (A little history behind your character. You have 17 years to work with, make it interesting)

[b]Starter Pokemon:[/b] (You must start with a pokemon of your nationality.)

[b]Secondary Pokemon:[/b] (You are allowed to start with two pokemon, as long as they are both of your nationality)

~~~~~Rules and Regulations~~~~~New!

1. No controlling other player characters or their pokemon. This is an absolute rule UNLESS overridden by the other player! Which means if you want to control someone else's character or pokemon, you have to get that player's permission. Make sure you notify me and everyone else that is participating though, we don't want any misunderstandings.

2. "Gym" and Council battles will take place all in one post. If you want help with making the battle post, I'm the one to go to. This is all to speed up NPC battles, but battles against the other players can take place post-by-post as long as it isn't overly drawn out. Try to get with the other player you are battling, to combine posts and such. Also determine the winner before starting the battle. That's important. In fact, all victories and losses should be predetermined and close to equal. We can't have a character that always wins or always loses.

3. We will be traveling in a group, so don't run off on your own for the whole role play!

~~~~~The Eight Cities~~~~~ New!

Ikai's Major Cities: ("Glaciers" and "Waters" are the ending terms for each major city, instead of "city." These are custom to Ikai and give a bit of variety to the names)
1. Turquoise Sea Waters
2. White Glaciers
3. Blind Cold Waters
4. Winter Waters
5. Glalie's Glaciers
6. Yellowturn Waters
7. Dusty Glaciers
8. Glowing Water

Ferrith's Major Cities: ("Meadows" and "Farms" replace "City" for Ferrith. Mostly.)
1. Hummingbird Meadows
2. Volcano Farms
3. Wild King's Meadows
4. Nettle Brush Meadows
5. Sugarcane City Farms
6. Riverside Meadows
7. Cliffview Farms
8. Tuscan's Meadows

Adamites's Major Cities: ("Mountain" and "Quarry" replace "City" in Adamites)
1. Starshine Quarry
2. Quartz Mountain
3. Brimstone Quarry
4. Adam's Coal Mountain
5. Gemstone Mountain
6. Collapsing Cavern Mountain
7. Heavy Soil Quarry
8. Emerald Mine Mountain

Loretoudem's Major Cities: ("Skies" and "Schools" replace "City" in Loretoudem)
1. Floating Rock Skies
2. Engineer's Flight Schools
3. Flying Kingdom Schools
4. Whistling Windy Skies
5. Aerie's Starry Skies
6. Light Flight Schools
7. Yaelton's Skies
8. Pilot Schools

Last edited by Zerifachias on Sat Aug 11, 2012 6:20 am; edited 4 times in total
Zerifachias
Zerifachias
Totes-Mcgoats
Totes-Mcgoats

Back to top Go down

Adrenaline Rush: An Unfamiliar Journey Empty Re: Adrenaline Rush: An Unfamiliar Journey

Post by TheNinjaSlayer Tue Aug 07, 2012 9:19 am

DIDN'T EVEN READ! I'll ready after posting this, but I'M IN!
TheNinjaSlayer
TheNinjaSlayer
Cat Napper

Back to top Go down

Adrenaline Rush: An Unfamiliar Journey Empty Re: Adrenaline Rush: An Unfamiliar Journey

Post by Zerifachias Tue Aug 07, 2012 9:20 am

TheNinjaSlayer wrote:DIDN'T EVEN READ! I'll ready after posting this, but I'M IN!

Don't bother.
Zerifachias
Zerifachias
Totes-Mcgoats
Totes-Mcgoats

Back to top Go down

Post by Masquerade Tue Aug 07, 2012 9:24 am

I read the spoiler first so it ruined the whole suspense thing. DX It still looks really interesting though. I'm interested, but I won't cast my hand yet. I'll give others a chance at it first since I'll be pretty busy here in a few weeks with moving and such.
Masquerade
Masquerade
Eternal Dreamer
Eternal Dreamer

https://eternaldream.forummotion.com

Back to top Go down

Post by TheNinjaSlayer Tue Aug 07, 2012 9:26 am

I read it and really like it. (eager if you couldn't tell) Ferrith sounds like the sort of traveler I'd like to play as.
Also, for the record, you have a reputation here, that's why I was in before even reading. Wink
TheNinjaSlayer
TheNinjaSlayer
Cat Napper

Back to top Go down

Post by Zerifachias Tue Aug 07, 2012 9:38 am

I don't give a flying fuck about my reputation, the fact is you made a post, saying you were "in" when you didn't even read the damn thing. That's extremely disrespectful to me as the writer. There's no excuse you can make to justify that.
Zerifachias
Zerifachias
Totes-Mcgoats
Totes-Mcgoats

Back to top Go down

Post by TheNinjaSlayer Tue Aug 07, 2012 9:45 am

Fair enough :3
TheNinjaSlayer
TheNinjaSlayer
Cat Napper

Back to top Go down

Post by Allindur, the Lightfoot Tue Aug 07, 2012 2:11 pm

Sounds lovely, and I really liked the scenario...but I'd better stay out of it.

Spoiler:
^
^
Don't read this if you didn't read Zeri's spoiler.
Allindur, the Lightfoot
Allindur, the Lightfoot
Fleeting Dreamer
Fleeting Dreamer

Back to top Go down

Post by Silver Tue Aug 07, 2012 3:11 pm

I am very interested, and have even decided that I would like to play as the Ikai Traveler should I be able to play.
Silver
Silver
Prince of Dreams
Prince of Dreams

https://www.facebook.com/pages/Xavier-Rains/314656341904106

Back to top Go down

Post by Zerifachias Tue Aug 07, 2012 3:40 pm

Sorry to hear that, Alli. D=

Maybe I can get you in on one of my next role plays. I would have liked to have you on board, but that information border is pretty crucial here.

@Sliv: \o/ I had a feeling you would be interested in this sort of thing. Glad I wasn't wrong.

This whole thing will be pretty up in the air for awhile, you guys must realize. I'm moving back down to my college campus on Sunday, and Monday I have to start work down there. Plus, I'll be pretty absorbed with Skyrim and other games. Additionally, I have to work out some of the finer details, so we won't be starting any time soon. (b=3=)b
Zerifachias
Zerifachias
Totes-Mcgoats
Totes-Mcgoats

Back to top Go down

Post by Allindur, the Lightfoot Tue Aug 07, 2012 3:46 pm

Lol, no need to worry. ^^
I'll shoot for Terra's and just wait for whatever comes along.
Allindur, the Lightfoot
Allindur, the Lightfoot
Fleeting Dreamer
Fleeting Dreamer

Back to top Go down

Post by Zerifachias Thu Aug 09, 2012 6:43 am

Development update, check the first post for details. (b=3=)b
Zerifachias
Zerifachias
Totes-Mcgoats
Totes-Mcgoats

Back to top Go down

Post by Masquerade Thu Aug 09, 2012 8:31 am

Dem Miltank burgers. Hell to the fuck yeah.
Masquerade
Masquerade
Eternal Dreamer
Eternal Dreamer

https://eternaldream.forummotion.com

Back to top Go down

Post by Zerifachias Thu Aug 09, 2012 8:38 am

Really hated the second gym in Gen II?

Pig out at the Pokemon Center on an exclusive Miltank burger!

EDIT: Enjoy your Happy Meal. Pokemon style.
Zerifachias
Zerifachias
Totes-Mcgoats
Totes-Mcgoats

Back to top Go down

Post by Silver Thu Aug 09, 2012 9:08 am

I'm loving this more with every second Zeri~<3

Now to just figure out who I'm going to have my character use. Also: Finding a guy picture is HARD. :/
Silver
Silver
Prince of Dreams
Prince of Dreams

Back to top Go down

Post by Zerifachias Thu Aug 09, 2012 9:18 am

Terra wrote:Also: Finding a guy picture is HARD. :/

Stop using Safebooru/Danbooru. LOL.

Actually, Safebooru might have what you're looking for. Unless you have been using it.
Zerifachias
Zerifachias
Totes-Mcgoats
Totes-Mcgoats

Back to top Go down

Post by Silver Thu Aug 09, 2012 9:24 am

Actually, I am using DeviantArt. =P

. . .

It probably doesn't help that I have a very particular look in mind. XD
Silver
Silver
Prince of Dreams
Prince of Dreams

Back to top Go down

Post by Zerifachias Thu Aug 09, 2012 9:29 am

XD

I'm having the same problem. I'm going for the female cast (of course), so Safebooru is a good option for me.

Except that I have a very specific look and personality that I want.
Zerifachias
Zerifachias
Totes-Mcgoats
Totes-Mcgoats

Back to top Go down

Post by Silver Thu Aug 09, 2012 9:35 am

I found a female pic that's pretty close to how I want, but I'll just save that for option B. I really want to play a male. =P
Silver
Silver
Prince of Dreams
Prince of Dreams

Back to top Go down

Post by Kurio Thu Aug 09, 2012 1:30 pm

Pokemon? His furriness shall join, though since Silv took the ice type traveler I think I'm gonna go with Ferrith. :3
Kurio
Kurio
Masochistic Kitty Kat Maid

Back to top Go down

Post by Zerifachias Thu Aug 09, 2012 1:35 pm

SEND ME YOUR PROFILES, HEATHENS!

Whenever you feel like it. I'm in no rush, but we should at least get the formalities out of the way, I think.
Zerifachias
Zerifachias
Totes-Mcgoats
Totes-Mcgoats

Back to top Go down

Post by Silver Thu Aug 09, 2012 1:43 pm

I'll probably have it in around 10ish here (it's 3:45 right now) I'm going to look for Jason's pic for another hour before I just use Elli.
Silver
Silver
Prince of Dreams
Prince of Dreams

Back to top Go down

Post by Zerifachias Thu Aug 09, 2012 1:46 pm

I gave up looking for pictures after awhile. I might just use text descriptions, even though those aren't my best area of expertise.

You have a lot of time, so think it through. I'm not rushing anyone.

And there is still one slot left for a special character if we get someone else interested. I just made it up about three hours ago, and it's an interesting role. But very special indeed, since you won't be likely to show up very often.

This role...will not be explained here.
Zerifachias
Zerifachias
Totes-Mcgoats
Totes-Mcgoats

Back to top Go down

Post by Kurio Thu Aug 09, 2012 1:53 pm

Zeri, just wondering. If I wanted Litwick would it would make more sense to be the Admites traveler instead? .-.
Kurio
Kurio

Back to top Go down

Post by Zerifachias Thu Aug 09, 2012 1:57 pm

Actually, ghost-type pokemon can be found anywhere there is both life and death.

So it doesn't actually matter.
Zerifachias
Zerifachias
Totes-Mcgoats
Totes-Mcgoats

Back to top Go down

Post by Sponsored content

Sponsored content

Back to top Go down

Page 1 of 2 1, 2  Next