Eternal Dream
Would you like to react to this message? Create an account in a few clicks or log in to continue.

Tales of Alidaire: The Corruption

+9
Zerifachias
Raxiel
Knight Mare
Kurio
Shadow
Durn
Plattack
Xenosaga
Masquerade
13 posters

Page 25 of 40 Previous  1 ... 14 ... 24, 25, 26 ... 32 ... 40  Next

Go down

Tales of Alidaire: The Corruption - Page 25 Empty Re: Tales of Alidaire: The Corruption

Post by Masquerade Sun Jan 17, 2010 11:32 pm

Before leaving the guild headquarters, Valincar decided to check the library for any new Requests. The massive bookcases loomed over him and when he reached the circulation desk, there was no one there once again. "It makes me wonder who runs this place...," he said aloud. On the desk was a single scroll. Valincar shrugged his shoulders and took it.

Secret Request 01 obtained!

Inventory updated!

Opening it, Valincar was pleasantly surprised. It was a Request asking for a map of the continent of Selva. With it was a piece of blank parchment used for the mapping. Valincar rolled the scroll back up and left the library.

Seeing a few of his teammates around wearing new armor, Valincar figured there must be something for him there. And of course, there was. A set of beautiful silk robes blew in the breeze outside the armor shop, the vendor deciding to do business outside because of the nice weather. Valincar calmly placed the gold before the man and took the robes.

Valincar purchases Silk Robes!

Having no further use for his old robes, he offered them to the vendor who took them with a smile and paid Valincar a small amount back.

Valincar sells Cotton Robes!
Masquerade
Masquerade
Eternal Dreamer
Eternal Dreamer

https://eternaldream.forummotion.com

Back to top Go down

Tales of Alidaire: The Corruption - Page 25 Empty Re: Tales of Alidaire: The Corruption

Post by Kurio Sun Jan 17, 2010 11:36 pm

Zero sighed upon entering the marketplace. Hopefully she won’t run into her moron of an older sister this time. She went to the same stand where she bought her robes before and saw a new one that fit her perfectly. It didn’t take long before she took the money to pay for the robes and quickly changed. Then she placed her old robes on the counter and sold it before running off.

Zero buys and equips Midnight Robes

Zero sells Silent Robes

Zero returned moments later grinning with her eyes fixed on a necklace with the fang of a bear on it.
Sometimes, my past as a thief really pays off...” Zero said to herself, “I was able to get this without anyone in the guild noticing...
And so she took off her amulet and put on the bear fang necklace. Before putting her amulet away, Zero stared at it and sighed.
Ling, I wonder where you are...” Zero murmured.

Zero equips Brutal Fang

Before she could put the amulet away, it was taken by someone. Zero glared at that person and saw the one that she wanted to see the least, Rei. As usual, Rei was carrying her parasol and wore a bright dress.
Oh my, you still have this amulet? I thought you’d have gotten rid of it a while ago, even considering how emotionally attached you are to Ling.” Rei exclaimed.

Give that back! And you’re the last person I want to see here!” Zero shouted.

Well, setting that aside. Zero, would you like to come home after all this time? We can have a nice long talk while eating the boiled crabs I prepared.” Rei asked completely ignoring Zero’s shouting.

How many times do I have to tell you that I don’t want to talk to you or eat crabs with you?!” Zero screamed and tried to resist the urge to slice Rei’s neck open with her dagger.

My, shouting in public is very rude and unlike a proper young lady, especially when you’re shouting at your own sister.” Rei commented.

During this time, people on the streets were gathering to see this quarrel. Most didn’t know what was going on but found Zero’s loss of temper and Rei’s ignorant personality quite entertaining.
Kurio
Kurio
Masochistic Kitty Kat Maid
Masochistic Kitty Kat Maid

Back to top Go down

Post by Zerifachias Sun Jan 17, 2010 11:40 pm

"I was actually thinking Valincar might be able to help with this." Lily said, shrugging her shoulders and taking the book back. She tucked it into her vest, where it had been before, and looked back up at Czes. "But we'll have plenty of time to ask him about it later. How about-"

"Why is it that every time I see you, you're with this kid?" A voice asked, having interrupted Lily mid-sentence. Lily's head snapped over to the source, only to see Aster looking at them from not too far away.

"Aster!" Lily called with a smile, so he had been here after all.

"The one and only." Aster replied, waving a hand lethargically. "So Lily, have you improved any with you bow?"

Lily laughed, "Have I improved? Are you kidding? I'm better than you now."

"Would you like to prove it?" Aster asked, a familiar grin spreading across his face. Lily stopped laughing and stared at him. Aster shrugged, "Well, if you don't think you can beat me, which you can't, then that's just fine. It's good to avoid a fight you can't win." As he was saying this, Lily had pulled out her bow, strung it, and knocked an arrow to it, pointing the weapon at Aster. Aster stopped and stared at Lily.

"I suggest you don't piss me off right now." Lily said, a grin on her face, "I'm in a good mood to kick your ass."
Zerifachias
Zerifachias
Totes-Mcgoats
Totes-Mcgoats

Back to top Go down

Post by Durn Sun Jan 17, 2010 11:45 pm

"Lily, I really don't think we should get into a fight right now. Y-You know, we're kinda in the middle of a huge city." Czeslaw whispered into Lily's ear, "We don't wish to cause trou-"

"Czessy!!" A girlish voice squealed from behind Czeslaw, coming up and hugging him without warning.

What? Her again? Not possible! Czeslaw cringed as he turned around, only to see Pure smiling like there was no tomorrow.

"Remember when Daddy would always call me the better child?" Pure questioned Czeslaw, "And remember when I would always beat you in childish duels? I'm the better twin! Nyaaah!" She teased Czeslaw, tongue out and eyelid pulled down by her finger.

"Are you trying to say something, Pure?" Czeslaw lethargically asked as he placed his hand over his kris's sheath.

"I'm better than youuu!!" She snorted cutely.
Durn
Durn
Hermit Sage
Hermit Sage

Back to top Go down

Post by Silver Sun Jan 17, 2010 11:48 pm

Sonia moved over to Valincar, retrieving the Tablet she had gotten from the Prisoner's Chest. She looked down at the inscription and the indents made for three objects. She knew the wording, but she was unsure as to what they meant.

"Valincar... I was wondering... if you could... try to tell me what this means?"
Silver
Silver
Prince of Dreams
Prince of Dreams

https://www.facebook.com/pages/Xavier-Rains/314656341904106

Back to top Go down

Post by Xenosaga Sun Jan 17, 2010 11:52 pm

As she walked down the streets, moving to particularly nowhere, Rosetta noticed some commotion going on straight ahead of her. Seeing as it was in her path, she decided to check it out. Arriving at the scene, the Fencer instantly recognized two of her companions, both with people she didn't know.

At first, the Fencer was about to turn around and pretend she hadn't seen anything but soon changed her mind. If anything happened, the guild would be held responsible. Rosetta instantly began making her way over to the four, stopping nearby.

"May I inquire as to what is going on?" she asked, looking at the four.
Xenosaga
Xenosaga
Never Awaken
Never Awaken

Back to top Go down

Post by Zerifachias Mon Jan 18, 2010 12:00 am

Lily didn't move an inch when Czes began whispering in her ear. She remained intent on studying Aster's movements. Aster already looked like a pro, he had immediately stopped moving when Lily pointed her bow at him. That was the best way to concentrate on an enemy, as Lily found out in her time out in the wilderness. The best way to stalk a deer was to not allow it to know you were there.

"Forget it Czes." Lily said, her eyesight locked on Aster, "I'm not letting this opportunity go by. I've been wanting to kick his ass for quite awhile now." Aster seemed to chuckle at her words. But nothing could have prepared them for what happened next. A girl had suddenly appeared out of nowhere, pretty much tackling Czes, while shouting his name in a different way Lily would never dream of saying.

"Well, it seems we have an agreement. Pure, come over here." Aster said, waving a hand at Pure, motioning for her to come over to him. "How about this?" He asked, "A battle with the four of us. Pure and myself will be fighting you, Lily, and Czes."

"You're on!" Lily shouted, not caring if Czes had something to say. Lily didn't bother explaining anything to Rosetta, she would find out eventually.
Zerifachias
Zerifachias
Totes-Mcgoats
Totes-Mcgoats

Back to top Go down

Post by Durn Mon Jan 18, 2010 12:04 am

"I guess I accept." Czeslaw lethargically waved his hand towards Pure, who happily jumped up and down, without saying a word, to his surprise.

"What are the circumstances for this battle? Not to the death, of course." Czeslaw asked without even the slightest bit of hesitation. If he was curious to ask something, he would definitely do it.

"It's for fun, so it doesn't matter, silly goose!" Pure childishly responded.
Durn
Durn
Hermit Sage
Hermit Sage

Back to top Go down

Post by Xenosaga Mon Jan 18, 2010 12:04 am

A battle? Rosetta found herself intrigued. These strangers were obviously old friends of her companions. It would be nothing more than a friendly rival battle. She inclined her head slightly at her companions.

"If that is so, then I do believe we will have to move to a more. . . . appropriate location," the Fencer stated, looking around. They were in the middle of the street with townspeople everything. No doubt that would hinder their battle greatly.
Xenosaga
Xenosaga
Never Awaken
Never Awaken

Back to top Go down

Post by Zerifachias Mon Jan 18, 2010 12:09 am

"I know a location that is very open, perfect for a battle." Aster said to Rosetta, not minding her presence one bit. He turned his attention back on the others, "For the battle itself...I'd say we will fight until we are unable to continue." He said.

"Oh!" Aster snapped his fingers, remembering something, "No Deathblow Abilities. Too dangerous." He said, then turned to Lily with a smile, "If you beat me, I'll teach you something cool."

"Like...a technique?" Lily asked, slightly confused.

"Yeah, my favorite one actually. You might get to see it, if you're unlucky enough." Aster replied with a smile.
Zerifachias
Zerifachias
Totes-Mcgoats
Totes-Mcgoats

Back to top Go down

Post by Durn Mon Jan 18, 2010 12:12 am

"Czessy is too weak to learn my abilities!" Pure butted into Aster and Lily's conversation, poking her tongue out at Czes.

She doesn't bother me. She's just an incompetent fool. Yes. Incompetent.

"So, where is this 'perfect location', Aster?" Czeslaw asked, "Please lead the way as soon as possible."

Now that the location, rules, and everything important has been settled, Czeslaw prepared for battle, focusing his mana into key parts of his body. He needed to focus if he wanted to have even the slightest chance to use his new ability.
Durn
Durn
Hermit Sage
Hermit Sage

Back to top Go down

Post by Zerifachias Mon Jan 18, 2010 12:14 am

"Well, if you all would be so kind as to stop talking and just follow me, you'll find out!" Aster called, already walking away. Lily frowned at his retreating back.

"He's running away," she muttered, "Just...just like last time." Lily's face scrunched up, as if remembering something painful, then followed her old friend without a word.
Zerifachias
Zerifachias
Totes-Mcgoats
Totes-Mcgoats

Back to top Go down

Post by Masquerade Mon Jan 18, 2010 12:18 am

Valincar, hovering about town with the parchment in his hand already mapping out the places the party has been, was slightly startled at Sonia's appearance. She was holding a tablet which happened to be the one from Antigo Ruins. He smiled. "Of course I'll take a look at it." He took the tablet from her gently and brought it close to his face. Valincar hummed slightly. "It seems this has to do something with a family relating to a certain profession." He mulled over some of his thoughts. "Summoners," he said suddenly. "It has to do with Summoners, like you. You use Astral Mana right? It has to do with a family of Summoners."

Valincar continued to examine the stone. He smiled. "And it seems that from that family, one shall arise to accomplish something...important. Though the shards mentioned probably symbolize something, I am quite sure they exist physically somewhere in this world." He handed the stone tablet back to Sonia. "It remains quite obvious that you are the Summoner mentioned in this tablet, Sonia."

Last edited by Masquerade on Mon Jan 18, 2010 12:34 am; edited 1 time in total
Masquerade
Masquerade
Eternal Dreamer
Eternal Dreamer

Back to top Go down

Post by Xenosaga Mon Jan 18, 2010 12:27 am

Watching the four leave, Rosetta stayed rooted to her spot. She silently debated whether to follow or not. After a moment, she shook her head. She had nothing else better to do so why not.

Stepping forward, the Fencer trailed after the four toward the battlefield. It would be interesting to watch, at the very least.
Xenosaga
Xenosaga
Never Awaken
Never Awaken

Back to top Go down

Post by Silver Mon Jan 18, 2010 12:36 am

"Ye... Yes, Astral Mana is what Summons use to keep thier form in this world... Summoners... My family... no this couldn't be... could it?"

Sonia thought over the chances of the tablet belonging to her. Was it possible this riddle could be about her. How could it though, she didn't think herself to be destined for greatness. And for the world to rise or fall by her hand, that was even worse.

"World to rise or fall by one Girl's Hand..."

She mummbled the sentence wondering if it could possibly have a hidden meaning.
Silver
Silver
Prince of Dreams
Prince of Dreams

https://www.facebook.com/pages/Xavier-Rains/314656341904106

Back to top Go down

Post by Plattack Mon Jan 18, 2010 9:36 am

Almair purchases Iron Mail!

Almair sells Chain Mail!
Plattack
Plattack
REM Dweller
REM Dweller

Back to top Go down

Post by Shadow Mon Jan 18, 2010 9:42 am

Shadow purchases Iron Mail!
Cost: 550

Shadow sells Old Slasher.
Shadow sells Steel Armor.

Shadow equips Iron Mail!

Last edited by Shadow27 on Mon Jan 18, 2010 11:04 am; edited 1 time in total
Shadow
Shadow
Graced with Good Dreams
Graced with Good Dreams

Back to top Go down

Post by Masquerade Mon Jan 18, 2010 11:04 am

Thus, confronted by certain rivals, Lily, Czeslaw, and the spectator, Rosetta, followed Aster and Pure to an isolated spot in the jungle right outside of Visterre. Aster and Pure went to the far end of the battlefield and waited for Lily and Czeslaw to choose their starting positions. They weren't about to go easy on the archer and northern priest.

Request ??: Proof of Who's Better

Objective: Defeat Aster and Pure!

Background: https://www.youtube.com/watch?v=p5ocNDJ4uNU&feature=related

{t} {t} {t} {t} {t} {t} {t} {t} {t} A
{t} { } { } {t} {t} {t} { } { } {t} B
{t} { } { } {A} {t} {P} { } { } {t} C
{t} { } { } { } { } { } { } { } {t} D
{t} { } { } { } { } { } { } { } {t} E
{t} { } { } { } { } { } { } { } {t} F
{t} { } { } { } { } { } { } { } {t} G
{t} {t} { } { } { } { } { } {t} {t} H
{t} {t} {t} { } { } { } {t} {t} {t} I
-1---2---3---4---5---6---7---8---9

Aster (Archer)
HP: 55
MP: 50
Atk: 14
Def: 13
Int: 9
Spr: 11
Move: 3 cells

Pure (Northern Lancer)
HP: 45
MP: 70
Def: 10
Int: 11

{t} - Tree
HP: 5
Spr: 8

You may start in rows H-I, columns 4-6!

Last edited by Masquerade on Mon Jan 18, 2010 11:11 am; edited 1 time in total
Masquerade
Masquerade
Eternal Dreamer
Eternal Dreamer

Back to top Go down

Post by Zerifachias Mon Jan 18, 2010 11:06 am

Lily starts in I-4

Lily intended to finish this battle quickly. She glared over at Aster. Right now, he was out of her range, but as soon as she activated one of her abilities, range would mean nothing to her. Aster seemed to smirk over at her, as if reading her thoughts.
Zerifachias
Zerifachias
Totes-Mcgoats
Totes-Mcgoats

Back to top Go down

Post by Durn Mon Jan 18, 2010 11:09 am

Czeslaw starts in I6.

As Czeslaw approached the battlefield, he glanced over at Pure, who was currently standing on the opposite side of the field, unarmed.

Yet, soon enough, a blast of white mana illuminated the field, and when it faded, Pure was holding a royal blue lance.

It brings back memories.

I hate it.
Durn
Durn
Hermit Sage
Hermit Sage

Back to top Go down

Post by Masquerade Mon Jan 18, 2010 11:14 am

Request ??: Proof of Who's Better

Objective: Defeat Aster and Pure!

Background: https://www.youtube.com/watch?v=p5ocNDJ4uNU&feature=related

{t} {t} {t} {L} { } {C} {t} {t} {t} I

Czeslaw (Northern Priest)
HP: 35
MP: 40
Atk: 3
Def: 6
Spr: 15

Lily (Archer)
MP: 30
Atk: 11
Def: 11
Int: 7
Spr: 7

Aster (Archer)
HP: 55
MP: 50
Def: 13
Int: 9

Pure (Northern Lancer)
MP: 70

{t} - Tree
HP: 5
Spr: 8

Player Phase 1!

Last edited by Masquerade on Mon Jan 18, 2010 11:21 am; edited 1 time in total
Masquerade
Masquerade
Eternal Dreamer
Eternal Dreamer

Back to top Go down

Post by Durn Mon Jan 18, 2010 11:18 am

Czeslaw casts Northern Prayer - Safeguard on Player Party!

MP: 40/40

"Alright Lily," Czeslaw gripped his now unsheathed kris, "just as planned!" He shouted as he quickly threw his kris onto the ground, causing a wave of golden energy to eject from the kris's location. The golden energy then wrapped around Czeslaw and Lily, coating them with a shield created from mana.
Durn
Durn
Hermit Sage
Hermit Sage

Back to top Go down

Post by Zerifachias Mon Jan 18, 2010 11:18 am

Lily immediately placed her left hand over her eyes, attempting to focus her mana into her eyes. It was harder than before, seeing as she had a chain wrapped around her wrist instead of the ring on her finger. But her eyes narrowed and seemed to zoom in on her enemies. She put her left hand down, her eyesight fixed on Aster.

"You can't escape from me any more Aster," she said. Aster just shrugged, unfazed by her statement.

"No matter what you do, it will all end the same way. Don't you remember what I taught you?" He replied.

"Of course I do. That's why I know I can beat you." Lily smirked.

Lily casts Lock-On! Lily's range increases indefinitely!

[MP: 22/30]

Lily's range will be infinite for 3 more turns.
Zerifachias
Zerifachias
Totes-Mcgoats
Totes-Mcgoats

Back to top Go down

Post by Masquerade Mon Jan 18, 2010 11:27 am

Lily's Lock-On has 3 turns left.

Safeguard has 3 turns left.

Everyone's DEF and SPR increases!

Czeslaw
Def: 9
Spr: 23

Lily
Def: 17

Enemy Phase.

Aster uses Arrow Thrust on Lily! 14 Piercing Dmg!

MP: 38/50

Aster waits.

Pure uses S-Ability Northern Prayer - Courage!

Everyone's ATK and INT increases!

Aster
Atk: 21
Int: 14

Pure
Atk: 21

Pure uses Preparation for Victory!

MP: 62/70

Pure's next attack deals double damage!

Pure waits.

Courage has 3 turns left.

Player Phase 2!

Last edited by Masquerade on Mon Jan 18, 2010 11:37 am; edited 1 time in total
Masquerade
Masquerade
Eternal Dreamer
Eternal Dreamer

Back to top Go down

Post by Zerifachias Mon Jan 18, 2010 11:33 am

Lily takes 14 DMG!

[HP: 31/45]

Lily grunted as she took the blow of the arrow, sliding back a little. She moved her feet so that she could stand upright again. She didn't expect such a powerful attack right off the bat, but of course, it was Aster they were talking about. He had much more experience than she did, so it was only natural that he would automatically have an extreme advantage.

Regardless, Lily raised her bow into the air and knocked an arrow to the string, twisting it around and preparing to fire. She smirked, and let the arrow fly. Aster was about to be in for a big surprise when he felt the power behind her arrow.

Lily uses Arrow Thrust on Aster! 18 Piercing DMG!

[MP: 12/30]
Zerifachias
Zerifachias
Totes-Mcgoats
Totes-Mcgoats

Back to top Go down

Post by Sponsored content

Sponsored content

Back to top Go down

Page 25 of 40 Previous  1 ... 14 ... 24, 25, 26 ... 32 ... 40  Next