Eternal Dream
Would you like to react to this message? Create an account in a few clicks or log in to continue.

Revolution: Inverse

+4
Masquerade
Zerifachias
Allindur, the Lightfoot
Durn
8 posters

Page 4 of 6 Previous  1, 2, 3, 4, 5, 6  Next

Go down

Revolution: Inverse - Page 5 Empty Re: Revolution: Inverse

Post by Silver Mon Nov 12, 2012 7:23 pm

She remained entirely silent as the gross headmaster issued punishments for cleaning up the monstrosity and apparently raging machines. Community service for performing sanitation and taking safety measures? Dirge's lips remained pursed in a tight line, so much so that all of the color drained from her mouth. She refused to say a word as the man from earlier, and apparently his friend, left to go complete the task they had been assigned. She would not speak. Her nostrils flared just a bit before she turned to go. The punishment was ridiculous in its entirety, but had Dirge said anything, things would have ended on a far worse not.

She would not make things worse for herself.

Despite going straight for the building that held community service, she somehow managed to be the last of their group there. Their headmaster never said they had to do it together, but seeing them in a group made her wonder. Though their task was forced and painfully stupid, perhaps doing it with their company would be nice. There was a faster click of her heels as the violinist picked up her pace and made her way over to the gathering.
Silver
Silver
Prince of Dreams
Prince of Dreams

https://www.facebook.com/pages/Xavier-Rains/314656341904106

Back to top Go down

Post by Kurio Mon Nov 12, 2012 7:27 pm

Vanessa glanced at her friend who had went off somewhere to buy herself a lollipop. Seeing the candy as well as Angie eating the pumpkin cheesecake made Vanessa want to get something from one of the stands herself, but she decided against it for it'd be rude to leave when she had just began talking to someone. However Vanessa mentally sighed when she heard her friend talking. She was getting fairly close to Jacqueline, and knowing Sallete that meant constant flirting was going to be ahead of the botanist.

Then her friend practically squealed when she spoke to Karmen. Vanessa didn't think he looked all that much like a crossdresser, despite his feminine name which she chose not to mention when Angie introduced him out of politeness. But apparently Sallete thought so. Vanessa sighed, Sallete seemed to be paying a lot of attention to the others now. The combat engineer approached her friend, giving her another smack with her left hand. "Stop bother other people so much Sallete." Vanessa scolded.

Last edited by Kuori on Mon Nov 12, 2012 7:45 pm; edited 1 time in total
Kurio
Kurio
Masochistic Kitty Kat Maid

Back to top Go down

Post by Durn Mon Nov 12, 2012 7:29 pm

Jacqueline made a sheepish wave in Karmen's general direction, horrendously fearing eye contact with the stoic ornithologist, "I feel rather... uncomfortable," The young girl waved the lollipop away from her cheek, getting closer to Sallete's ear. I mean, like, whisper-ticklish close, "Karmen's really mean, you probably shouldn't insult his chromosomes so brutishly..."

Despite her efforts to maintain a sort of refined posture as Karmen approached her and Sallete, certainly all of her attempts had been in vain, as Sallete probably negated her quietude with an outward, social-butterfly-esque, screamish voice. Through Jacqueline's own experiences, she had determined that these types of people always seemed to get off on Karmen's bad side.

In an attempt to get straight down to business, Jacqueline stumbled over her big toe and landed in front of the bulletin board, making direct eye-contact with the identifier hooked up to the rightmost side of the screen. With a quick murmur of her name, the bulletin board began to emit an enticing, purplish-neon color.

Please select a job and drag it into your personal bag_

As her finger made contact with the glass, directly over the word "Horrifying," the job request seemed to float straight off of the screen and onto Jacqueline's petit little pointer finger. As her finger maneuvered over to a little bag-shaped icon, the request followed suit. Lifting her finger from the board, the job details dropped themselves right into the icon, almost as if she had just virtually pocketed a little note into a pouch or something similar.

"I've secured us the job!" Jacqueline turned back to the group and smiled with her little girlish, innocent grin, "We can head off whenever y'all are all set! The quicker we get this done, the better! Right, Karmen?" She mustered up the strength to gaze her hazel, almost emerald-green eyes straight into Karmen's field of vision, essentially forcing him to respond straight to her directly.

Jacqueline's favorite dessert was pumpkin cheesecake.
Durn
Durn
Hermit Sage
Hermit Sage

Back to top Go down

Post by Allindur, the Lightfoot Mon Nov 12, 2012 7:44 pm

Sallete put the lollipop back into her mounth. Well, it was never easy, but she was not going down so easy. It wasn't in her to give up. In fact that was what made her get where she was today. Sallete stood up from the average student, but there was no comparing her to her friends. Intellectually she was just plain slower, there was no denying that, and she never really felt bad for it. What she had, on the other hand, was an iron-clad burning determination. She had a certainly short attention spam, and couldn't keep focused on a subject or an academic matter for more than a few minutes, but once she got in her mind to do something, there was no stopping her. She had no shame, no fear or regret. She would go on, no matter how difficult, complicated or alien the project, she just tried and tried again until she got what she wanted. That was the reason she could stand on the level of her much superior friends, and that was the reason she wreaked havoc over her department constantly. That was how she got most of her many relationships too, and she sure seemed to like the cat-and-dog game.

-What? I'm sure I don't annoy people THAT much, or you wouldn't have this mecha-sized crush on me, would you?

She showed Nessa the tongue and tossed her a smile, turning to the others. Oh, Nessa was going to be MAD for that.

-So we are all working together? That's gotta be fun, uh? I'm DYING to see what these gorgeous little hands of yours can do in a fight, Jackie!
Allindur, the Lightfoot
Allindur, the Lightfoot
Fleeting Dreamer
Fleeting Dreamer

Back to top Go down

Post by Kurio Mon Nov 12, 2012 8:05 pm

When Sallete responded to her Vanessa paused. She was infuriated with what she had just said, that she had a crush on her? Vanessa waited another moment before responding, much less verbally this time. She raised her left hand up and swung her arm sideways, giving her friend a hard slap across the face. It was fortunate that Vanessa was ambidextrous or that slap would have barely hurt. Then immediately afterwards she spoke in a rather loud voice.

"I do NOT have a crush on you, you idiot! You're the one always clinging to me and flirting with me every single day!" Vanessa spoke, an evident tone of anger in her words, "Ugh, I can't believe you Sallete."

Then without giving her friend any time to react Vanessa turned around and walked off but still stayed close enough to the group so she could follow them whenever they decided to finally go do that community service. Biting her lower lip Vanessa turned her head away so she couldn't see Sallete and took a deep breath.

Last edited by Kuori on Mon Nov 12, 2012 8:43 pm; edited 1 time in total
Kurio
Kurio

Back to top Go down

Post by Masquerade Mon Nov 12, 2012 8:08 pm

Vanessa turned out to be immensely reasonable. The handshake was awkward but it made Karmen smile a bit. She was going to turn out to be just fine, he was sure. However, the moment was shattered by an extremely loud voice that belonged to none other than Sallete who had already attracted an enormous amount of attention to herself by swinging her weapon around like a maniac. Karmen's eye twitched as she mentioned the femininity of his name, something that irked him; he hated when people pointed that out--like he wasn't already aware. However, it was the mention of him cross-dressing that made his eyes widen. "I'm afraid I do no such thing. A name is just a name; leave it as such," he nearly growled at the rather loudmouth engineer. He didn't waste anymore words on the woman, and instead turned his attention to Jacqueline who was grabbing their assignment. They were going to be forced to work together. Maybe it wouldn't be so bad.

"Yeah, the quicker the better," Karmen replied to Jacqueline flatly, not bothering to hide the displeasure filling his mortal being. Things always seemed to last longer when it wasn't exactly his idea of a good time, like mandatory classes he didn't care for and had nothing to do with his major. He had a feeling this was going to drag out for a long time. Damn, this feeling needs to fly away already, he cursed in his mind, not breaking his gaze on Jacqueline. What did she even want? A staring eye contest? He wasn't unnerved in the slightest.
Masquerade
Masquerade
Eternal Dreamer
Eternal Dreamer

https://eternaldream.forummotion.com

Back to top Go down

Post by Zerifachias Mon Nov 12, 2012 8:33 pm

Angie gave Sally a sour look when she called Karmen's name girlish. She was displeased with the way Sally was treating her friend, and not to mention what she just said to her. Still, this wasn't enough to ruin her happiness from the cheesecake. She looked up at Karmen and saw that he was glaring at Jacqueline now. An impulse ran through her mind for a second, but she quickly threw the idea out. Karmen would not enjoy that one bit.

Still, Angie left Karmen's piece of cheesecake beside her and stood up. She grabbed her best friend's shoulders and forced him to face her, which wasn't too hard considering her strength. "Look at me," Angie ordered, smiling with her shining, amber eyes. "You and I are going on this service mission together, okay? It's just you and me. Don't even think of anyone else. Don't look at them, don't talk to them, don't think about them. You can do all those things with me instead." Angie's intentions were pure, that much was true. She wanted to keep Karmen from overreacting and potentially hurting Sally and Jacqueline. Yes, those two were certainly idiots, but that was no reason to hurt them. Angie knew they were innocent at heart.

"Okay?" Angie whispered gently, smoothing the feathered outfit Karmen so loved. She was used to calming him down, and Karmen was used to calming her down. Sometimes their anger got a bit out of hand, and it was the other's job to notice that and react accordingly. "You know the drill," Angie finished, taking her hands off of his shoulders and holding them out slightly, gesturing for a hug. Angie was unsure whether Karmen liked hugging her or not, but she didn't care about that. She always did this, and it always worked.
Zerifachias
Zerifachias
Totes-Mcgoats
Totes-Mcgoats

Back to top Go down

Post by Durn Mon Nov 12, 2012 9:16 pm

The message Karmen had attempted to convey cut through Jacqueline like butter. Fully understanding that he was in no mood to communicate with him, she turned away, in the direction that led to the sewer, "We should probably get going. I know we weren't the most cooperative of colleagues, but we'll manage because we're all good people, right?!" She smiled and spun around, attempting to awkwardly lighten the situation with her cheery tip-toeing and jumping.

She never looked back to examine whether or not the others were following her on her quest to the sewer, but she didn't feel the need to. Quite blatantly, they were stuck with her. They needed to fill their community service requirements one way or another, and with nothing but Jacqueline and an empty bulletin at their disposal, they were left with no choice but the former.

The Labyrinthine Sewers were given their name for a reason. Found at the only coastal border of Wallen, the entry tunnel that led into the fungal-infested darkness protruded from the cliffside walls of the city and delved into its innermost portions. Upon entering the waterways, through a small, cliffside stair that descended from the Redd Plaza and unto the side of Wallen's rockyside edge, the party found themselves amidst a massive, branching system of tunnels.

Each pathway, littered with a wide array of fungi, bacteria-infested sludge, and rust-like stains, flowed with a single strain of filth-coated water. The water, as one would expect in the middle of such a particularly uncouth location, was not particularly clean. In fact, the filth almost made it look radiant, as a slick-rainbowish coating of oil could be seen atop it.

Crouching unto the algae-ridden brick pathway of the sewer system, Jacqueline closely examined an odd pattern of white dots she spotted on the ground, "Take a look, Sal!" She coaxed her newfound buddy, "You see these here? These are remnants of Bogscale eggs! They must be the reptilians we've been asked to exterminate!" She restrained herself from commenting on the sheer, almost vile quality of the algae, in an attempt to keep Karmen calm. She knew he didn't find her floral jargon particularly attractive, that was for sure.

And then, from the darkest depths of the rightmost tunnel, a strange, groggling noise echoed between one sewer wall and the next, and the next, and the next. It sounded convincingly reptilian; a numerous bunch of human-sized lizards emerged from the oil-water, barring their large fangs and menacing, forked tongues at the party.

"I suppose I'm correct!" Jacqueline exclaimed, entirely unaware of the danger she had gotten herself into.

Prologue - The First Coda of Many
Side 01: Horrifying Disturbances

Location: Wallen, Cantha - Labyrinthine Sewers - The Nesting Crawlway

Objectives: Defeat all enemies!

Achievement: N/A

Background: Horrifying Disturbances

{~} {~} {~} {~} {~} {~} {~} {~} {~} A
{~} { } { } { } {B} { } { } { } {~} B
{~} { } {2} { } {5} { } {4} { } {~} C
{~} {1} { } { } { } { } { } {3} {~} D
{~} { } { } {6} { } {7} { } { } {~} E
{~} { } { } { } { } { } { } { } {~} F
{~} { } { } { } { } { } { } { } {~} G
{~} { } { } { } { } { } { } { } {~} H
{~} { } { } { } { } { } { } { } {~} I
{~} { } { } { } { } { } { } { } {~} J
-1---2---3---4---5---6---7---8---9

Bogscale Stalker (1)
HP: 30 / 30
CE: 40 / 40
ATK: 7
DEF: 4
INT: 0
SPR: 3
MOVE: 4

Bogscale Stalker (2)

Bogscale Stalker (3)

Bogscale Stalker (4)

Bogscale Stalker (5)

Grapefruit Fly (6)
HP: 25 / 25
CE: 35 / 35
ATK: 6
SPR: 4

Grapefruit Fly (7)

B = Bag

~ = Oily Water

Characters may start in rows I-J, columns 2-8!
Durn
Durn
Hermit Sage
Hermit Sage

Back to top Go down

Post by Masquerade Mon Nov 12, 2012 9:35 pm

Karmen hadn't been able to indulge Angie's wishes, for Jacqueline was already on the move apparently. Did she really not want for him to get better? Regardless, Karmen gave his best friend a look that showed that he understood and that everything would be all right. He knew she'd understand. Walking over to the bench, he picked up his piece of cheesecake figuring he'd polish it off on the way. Without much farther thought, he followed after Jacqueline, the last person in the world he wanted to be around at the moment, but he had reassured Angie that he wouldn't dwell on this. As far as he was concerned, it was just him and her. And Dirge too. She wasn't all that bad. And Vanessa. She turned out to be a normal person as well. It's not as bad as you think, Karmen, sheesh, he scolded himself mentally, eventually forced to come to a stop. He hadn't been paying much attention, but when Jacqueline's voice broke the silence, he realized that they were face to face with the targets of their extermination.

Karmen starts at J3.

A black aura surged into life around him, two black birds taking form upon his shoulders, one on each shoulder. "Let's make quick work of them," Karmen sighed, his birds seeming to caw at him in order to catch his attention. He ignored them for the moment; they would just have to settle with the fact that he wasn't exactly in the greatest of moods, but with Angie's words and gestures before, he knew he'd survive through it all just fine.
Masquerade
Masquerade
Eternal Dreamer
Eternal Dreamer

Back to top Go down

Post by Zerifachias Mon Nov 12, 2012 10:06 pm

Angie sighed again. She was comforted by Karmen's gaze though, it meant he would be fine. Her message got through. But she missed the old tradition of hug. The hug wasn't for Karmen, it was for her. She would have to make him hug her later to make up for it. Still, some characters in their divided group wanted to get things over with. Angie was no exception, but damn it, she wanted that hug.

Angie starts at I-4

"I suppose we're allowed to use our abilities now?" Angie asked sarcastically, rolling her eyes. She was glad she brought her gloves and her goggles. She slipped her goggles on over her eyes and slipped on her gloves, tightening the straps. She grinned back at Karmen, seeing his form change and the blackbirds upon his shoulders caw at him. "Remember to keep your eyes on me. You get to see how much better I've gotten at this."
Zerifachias
Zerifachias
Totes-Mcgoats
Totes-Mcgoats

Back to top Go down

Post by Omega Soul Tue Nov 13, 2012 12:47 pm

The Earth Element swirled around him, flowing a dark green. The other two dark orbs that swirled around him currently weren't being sustained. 'Although I could probably invoke Water here too..' He thought to himself. The sewers were the most ideal place to practice sustaining the Earth Element. The lower down he was in the land, the more wild the power would be, and the more practice he could have in taming it. Though every time he slipped on...Gunk, he would momentarily lose control of holding the Element and waves of green would ripple through the tunnel causing rumblings in the already fragile surroundings.

He broke the connection to Earth for his own well-being but was aware that maybe the echos weren't caused from his slight disruptions, and that maybe some others were down here. running towards the noise he saw some..People almost his age ahead of him and slid to a stop, almost ramming into them. "Woah! That was.. Fun." He said half to himself and cleared his throat. Standing up straight and attempting to brush off the...Dirt from his robes, he bowed his head to everyone. "Greetings I'm Jojo! I can sort of bear elements...Sort of! I'd be happy to travel with you, if you'd let me as I appear to be quite lost!" His voice was a bit on the high side, with a slight hold on the end of the sentence, as if he were unsure of what he said was alright or consequential.

He looked ahead and saw a girl, perhaps a bit older than himself? It was hard to tell with her crouched down and seemingly interested in the Fungi before her, and some lizard-like men before her. Although she was quite unaware of the predicament that she got herself into. He gave himself a grin and enjoyed her obliviousness to just how quickly she may be killed if no immediate action were to take place. "Tally ho! Looks like you guys may be needing my assistance after all!" The three gray orbs around him began to swirl faster and faster, as if anticipating the fight. "I'm not too sure about Invoking Fire in this place, but I'm sure that Water, Earth and Wind wouldn't mind lending a hand!" He exclaimed with a bit of a crazy gleam in his eyes.

Jojo starts at J7!
Omega Soul
Omega Soul
Tormented By Nightmares
Tormented By Nightmares

Back to top Go down

Post by Silver Tue Nov 13, 2012 4:29 pm

Dirge had been unable to get a word in edgewise by the time she joined the rest of the group. She did, however, notice Karmen and his friend among the group and was quick to step into place behind them. She did want to get to know the bird keeper specifically, and with her somewhat formed relationship with him, it only made sense for her to start with him. She was certain that along the way she would be able to get to know Angie as well.

Dirge starts at J4!

When they all came to a stop in the sewer, Dirge was quick to fall into line behind the white-haired engineer. "After this, I'd like to meet the two of you under better circumstances." the violinist voiced aloud, throwing her hands into position and feeling the weight of her instrument as it materialized. Her comment clearly directed at the two next to her, as she nodded after the comment her gaze lingering on Karmen for a short while.
Silver
Silver
Prince of Dreams
Prince of Dreams

Back to top Go down

Post by Allindur, the Lightfoot Tue Nov 13, 2012 8:19 pm

Sallete stared at the other girl for a while. She had been silent the whole time. She sure was curious about her, but was far too mesmerized by Jackie to bear dividing her focus. When the group started walking to the sewers, she just positioned herself beside her new friend and followed along, whistling happily, completely oblivious to the feelings she made Karmen, Angie and Vanessa have for her. Save a few special moments of clarity, Sallete was downright incapable of reading other people's feelings.

Sally came to a stop when Jackie crouched, taking a second to admire her behind, and then quickly changing to the sample the girl was showing her. She was about to ask her to talk more about them, when the subject decided to come to light. With a pull and a loud roar, Sally brought Amaranth to life, a faint, though violent hum filled the humid corridor as the blade vibrated. Barely she took a step to her position, a...in fact, Sally was unable to determine the person's gender in any way. He...she...IT was beautiful, but his...her...ITS androginy completely threw the enginner off her track.

-Oh...hi...I guess I will...stay here and defend you guys...and stuff...yeah, whatever...I'm Sally, this is Amaranth, peace...and stuff...

Sallete starts at I5.
Allindur, the Lightfoot
Allindur, the Lightfoot
Fleeting Dreamer
Fleeting Dreamer

Back to top Go down

Post by Kurio Tue Nov 13, 2012 8:53 pm

Vanessa starts at cell J-5

Vanessa said nothing the entire time they were in the sewers, still unhappy at the fact that Sallete was getting so close to the others. She only followed, and watched as the others spoke. Then creatures, rather grotesque looking ones, made their hostile presence known to the group. Vanessa powered up her cannon and suit, getting ready for the obvious battle ahead. Focus on the battle. No time to be sulking now Vanessa.
Kurio
Kurio

Back to top Go down

Post by Ritual Wed Nov 14, 2012 7:28 pm

Rothaire was in the sewers, killing lizards for loot and items. "It stinks down here," Rothaire thought. "not as bad as some of the things I have to put up with on the seas, though." She chuckled to herself. She kept killing lizards, getting more gold and loot.
She heard voices in the sewer, which left her wondering who else could be down here.

Rothaire starts at cell J-8
Ritual
Ritual
Drowzy Wanderer

Back to top Go down

Post by Durn Wed Nov 14, 2012 9:10 pm

Jacqueline starts at I8.

Jacqueline's ears perked with excitement when she heard a young man who spoke of earth magic, "What?! I thought I was the only earth specialist around here! All of the others are interested in their fancy machines and air magic!" She twirled and cawed at the man, nearly tumbling into him as she stumbled up from the algae she had been inspecting. "Your assistance would be much appreciated, Mr. Earth Man! The Bogscale have a tendency to be quite resilient, and I'm sure your magic would help us take em' down!" The young botanist remarked, in the general direction of both of the newcomers.

Actually, after quite a long inspection, entirely disinterested in the Bogscale, Jacqueline observed that Jojo and the buccaneer-ish fellow were not entering the sewer together. The thought had popped into her mind about whether or not the two had registered offensive Cantus usage, which Jacqueline and her old crew had acquired by registering for a community job. That thought, however, plopped back into the recesses of Jacqueline's mind as her focus moved back to the lizards. Registration could wait until later. For now, they fought!

{~} { } { } { } { } { } { } { } {~} F
{~} { } { } { } { } { } { } { } {~} H
{~} { } { } {A} {S} { } { } {J} {~} I
{~} { } {K} {D} {V} { } {O} {R} {~} J

Jacqueline (Botanist)
LVL: 2
CE: 30 / 30
ATK: 0
DEF: 3
INT: 6
SPR: 5
MOVE: 3

Angie (Mechanic)
DEF: 5
SPR: 2

Dirge (Violinist)
HP: 15 / 15
INT: 1
MOVE: 2

Rothaire (Buccaneer)
LVL: 1
CE: 20 / 20
ATK: 5
INT: 1

Vanessa (Combat Engineer)
HP: 20 / 20
INT: 8

Karmen (Ornithologist)
INT: 7

Sallete (Blade Engineer)
ATK: 9

Jojo (Elemental Dancer)
ATK: 1
INT: 6

Bogscale Stalker (1)

Bogscale Stalker (2)

Bogscale Stalker (3)

Bogscale Stalker (4)

Bogscale Stalker (5)

Grapefruit Fly (6)

Grapefruit Fly (7)

B = Bag

~ = Oily Water

Player Phase 1
Durn
Durn
Hermit Sage
Hermit Sage

Back to top Go down

Post by Omega Soul Wed Nov 14, 2012 10:30 pm

Jojo grinned, and nodded at the girl, enjoying her enthusiasm. "I'm always happy to help!" Sucking thoughtfully on his teeth, he decided that he would risk summoning up one of the hardest Elements to master and control. It had a will of it's own, and it always built up and brought down things. Unless Water had a motive, it could be just as destructive as Fire. Fire doesn't care about the circumstances, it could be down pouring and the fire would just turn the water into steam.

"Kindle these flames, change the tides, rock the pillars of foundation.. So now I beg of you, blow Winds, blow!" As Jojo invokes the Element of Air into one of his orbs, he already begins the second Invoking. "Blazing flame, Crackling fire, The quickened pulse of heart's desire. Let no man or or beast, keep you tame!" The second orb began to shine an incredible shade oh bright orange, before kindling into a nice shade of red, flickering every moment or so.

Jojo casted Channel Air/Fire

50% of his maximum CE
15/30 CE remaining

As the Invoking finished, from the northern side of the tunnel, came a fresh blast of air, not smelling foul in the least bit and almost energizing everyone in the tunnel. Small wisps of air swirled at everyone's feet encouraging them to take another step, and that the Northern Wind had their backs.

The party gains 1 extra cell movement!

From the southern side of the tunnel came a roaring blast of hot air, though no physical manifestation was there, the tunnel glowed a bright red. As the warmth from the tunnel once again began to become cold, you began to feel a very warm spot, begin to slightly expand until it coursed through your body. Your body taking an almost orange glow to it as your muscles begged to be tested, and your brain was screaming for adrenaline.

The Party gains 10% extra STR and INT!

Slumping down as he fought to keep the two opposites at bay, he decided that waiting to see what the enemy would do first would be the smarter plan. "I've done all I can for now, show me what you've got guys!" He shouted out, almost maniacally.

Jojo waits.
Omega Soul
Omega Soul
Tormented By Nightmares
Tormented By Nightmares

Back to top Go down

Post by Masquerade Wed Nov 14, 2012 11:06 pm

Karmen uses Whitest Down! [Shifts to White Form][White Abilities enabled]

"I think I can manage to keep my eyes on you, but I'm certainly not up to my old tricks this time," Karmen said with a laugh, a genuine smile forming on his face. Angie had definitely made him feel better now, and he was only slightly perturbed by the arrival of the two new people--one male and one female. It seemed both of them had already been perusing the sewers for some ungodly reason. What kind of people spent their spare time down here anyway? Regardless, Karmen shrugged that off. He wasn't too keen on rushing into the fray, nor was he keen to just do nothing. Waving a hand through the air, the aura around him seemed to flicker as a candle flame does before becoming entirely extinguished, the birds cawing as they vanished from sight. A moment passed before a white aura completely enveloped the ornithologist from below in a mighty burst before lowering to the size of the previous aura. Two beautiful, radiant doves formed on his shoulder, each singing a glorious song. Karmen's typically black robes had also turned white.

Karmen uses Banner! Karmen, Angie, Dirge, Vanessa, and Sallete are affected! [Bestows Bravery]

CE: 16/30

Karmen could hear the new guy call out something about them showing him what they had. While he figured that was unnecessary, he had already decided that he wasn't going to stand around and do nothing. He raised a hand into the air. "Look above, there will be the symbol of hope," he said nonchalantly as his doves took off into the air, flying closely together before spreading out, a golden sparkling banner unfolding between them until it was perfectly taut, the ancient writing inscribed upon it essentially pouring out courage and morale upon those closest to the glorious sight. It only lasted a few moments before both birds and the banner burst into white flame, two more doves materializing on Karmen's shoulders from the white aura surrounding him.

Karmen winced as he remembered something that Dirge had said about meeting him and Angie under normal circumstances. Guess that would be nice; normal really doesn't define this day at all, he thought, keeping his eyes focused on the enemies ahead.

Karmen waits.
Masquerade
Masquerade
Eternal Dreamer
Eternal Dreamer

Back to top Go down

Post by Allindur, the Lightfoot Thu Nov 15, 2012 10:13 am

Before Sallete could do anything, Karmen and one of the new people summoned their Cantus. A mixture of feelings overwhelmed the engineer. She felt a surge of valor, the will to do great things and change the world. At the same time, a burning flame seemed to light up inside her heart, and a freshness pushed her forward. She wanted to run, to fight, to prove herself.

All that mixed to Sally's naturally over-excitement and love for battle had an...unforseen effect.

-All right, it's time to KICK. SOME. EFFING. BEHINDS! Fighters, behind me!

She rushed forward, Amaranth cutting open a track on the ground.Fixating on the first enemy she could see, the girl finished her path with a large somesault, spinning the gigantic blade on an overhead slash. A few crackes marked the ground under the fly after the assault.

Sallete moves to F4.

Sallete attacks Grapefruit Fly(6)! 15 Dmg (Atk)!

The attack vents the Engine Blade! Turbo[1] applied on Sallete! She is now bypassing 5% of enemy Def!

Last edited by Panda Hero Allindur on Thu Nov 15, 2012 5:32 pm; edited 1 time in total
Allindur, the Lightfoot
Allindur, the Lightfoot
Fleeting Dreamer
Fleeting Dreamer

Back to top Go down

Post by Silver Thu Nov 15, 2012 5:12 pm

Dirge *Discord* *Wind Channeled* *Fire Channeled* *Bravery (4)*
Hp: 15/15
Ce: 40/40
Atk: 6 --- 7 --- 11
Def: 3
Int: 1 --- 1
Spr: 4
Move: 2 Cells --- 3 Cells

Dirge bit her lip as she noticed Karmen wince at her comment. Had she said the wrong thing? Before she could put proper thought into it, however, she was forced to beginning playing. Her enemies would not sit still and wait for her to sort out personal issues. Doing her best to forget about the reaction to her request, the violinist raised her bow arm and began to a rapid succession of melodies. Energy within her began to build and she suddenly found herself wanting more.

More she would get.

Dirge uses Momentum! Dirge gains basic attacks!

Dirge *Discord* *Wind Channeled* *Fire Channeled* *Bravery (4)* *Momentum (4)*
Hp: 15/15
Ce: 32/40
Atk: 6 --- 7 --- 11
Def: 3
Int: 1 --- 1
Spr: 4
Move: 2 Cells --- 3 Cells
Silver
Silver
Prince of Dreams
Prince of Dreams

Back to top Go down

Post by Zerifachias Thu Nov 15, 2012 7:28 pm

"I don't understand what's going on, but I think I like this," Angie said, feeling some odd power wash over her. It seemed to come from one of the strange arrivals. The other one she knew through Nessa and Sally, though didn't really talk to the girl much. Her name was...Rothaire? Angie didn't really have a nickname for the girl, she didn't know her too well.

Angie felt another presence now, one that she recognized all too well. It was Karmen, of course. He was in his White Form. "You know Karmen, you should wear white more often," Angie said, grinning back at her friend. "You're much cuter that way, though I admit the black does give you a mysterious appeal."

Angie moves to H-4

"Here, have one of these!" Angie grinned, placing her gloved hands on the ground and channeling her energy. She quickly found the proper ingredients and lifted her hands slowly, pulling the material out of the ground through black tendrils. These tendrils were what she called her Cantus Mineral Detectors, they allowed her to "see" underground and pull up material in it's raw form. When she pressed her hands together around the sphere of material, the black Cantus Mineral Detectors (or CMD for short), exploded from the reaction and covered everything around her in soot.

Angie's beautiful white hair was going to turn grey again. She didn't mind though. Dirty limbs and hair felt just as homely to her as clean ones. Angie pulled her hand back and tossed the grenade forward, attaching her CMD to provide the reaction at the appropriate time. When it exploded, fly guts went everywhere. Angie did all this in just a few seconds.

Angie crafts an efficient grenade, boosted by Bravery! 15 Atk Fire DMG! -5 CE

CE: 25/30
Zerifachias
Zerifachias
Totes-Mcgoats
Totes-Mcgoats

Back to top Go down

Post by Kurio Thu Nov 15, 2012 7:55 pm

Vanessa uses Rearm. +20% damage on next attack. Enables Concussive Round
MP: 24/30

From behind her friend Vanessa watched her charge into the group of enemies. She felt some sort of energy empowering her, however it didn't seem to do all that much. She took a capsule and loaded her cannon, giving herself a moment to take aim at the creature Sallete attacked. She would provide support fire for her friend.
Kurio
Kurio

Back to top Go down

Post by Ritual Sun Nov 18, 2012 8:13 pm

Rothaire saw a group of women and one strange man about to fight some enemies. She figured she would help them to fight these monsteres. "I haven't ever seen this monster before," she thought, looking at the giant fly. "I wonder how hard it is to kill."
She glanced at the "allies" that were around her, wondering their strengths. She saw them charging into the enemy, so she decided to go in too.

Rothaire moves to H-7
Ritual
Ritual
Drowzy Wanderer

Back to top Go down

Post by Durn Sun Nov 18, 2012 9:01 pm

Jacqueline casts Rosefire on Bogscale Stalker (3)! 9 INT damage! -12 CE!
CE: 18 / 30

Jacqueline waits.

"Not only are you capable of manipulating the element of earth," Jacqueline turned toward the mysterious dancer, eyes widened as she marveled his skill, "you are also able to dance with the element of fire?!" She jumped upward, possibly by reflex, as she continued to gaze at the dancer and his marvelous midriff elemental orbs.

"In that case," Jacqueline held her palm in front of her, in the midst of which a lavender rose bloomed, "wait until you can see what I can do! You watch me too, Sal!" Almost as if her own mental will commanded it, the rose burst into flames, and the botanist hurled the flower into the heights of the sewer, causing it to burst into a storming flurry of searing petals, "Cantus, Rosefire!"

{~} { } { } {S} { } { } { } { } {~} F
{~} { } { } {A} { } { } {R} { } {~} H
{~} { } { } { } { } { } { } {J} {~} I
{~} { } {K} {D} {V} { } {O} { } {~} J

The party harnesses the gift of fire! [Jojo]

The party harnesses the gift of air! [Jojo]

Karmen, Angie, Dirge, Vanessa, and Sallete gain Bravery! [Karmen]

Grapefruit Fly (6) takes 10 damage! [Sallete]

Sallete gains 5% Turbo! [Sallete]

Dirge gains Momentum! [Dirge]

Grapefruit Fly (6) takes 11 damage! [Angie]

Vanessa gains Rearm! [Vanessa]

Bogscale Stalker takes 6 damage! [Jacqueline]

Bogscale Stalker is burned! [Jacqueline]

Neutral Phase 1!

N/A

Enemy Phase 1!

Bogscale Stalker (1) moves to H2!

Bogscale Stalker (1) uses Swift Scale on Karmen! -7CE!

Karmen takes 5 damage!

Bogscale Stalker (2) moves to F3!

Bogscale Stalker (2) attacks Sallete!

Sallete takes 3 damage!

Bogscale Stalker (3) moves to H8!

Bogscale Stalker (3) uses Swift Scale on Jacqueline! -7CE!

Jacqueline takes 5 damage!

Bogscale Stalker (4) moves to G7!

Bogscale Stalker (4) uses Swift Scale on Rothaire! -7CE!

Rothaire takes 4 damage!

Bogscale Stalker (5) moves to D4!

Bogscale Stalker (5) casts Intoxicating Breath! -10CE!

Sallete is poisoned!

Grapefruit Fly (6) attacks Sallete!

Sallete takes 2 damage!

Grapefruit Fly (7) moves to H5!

Grapefruit Fly (7) uses Fly Laceration on Angie! -8CE!

Angie takes 2 damage!

Angie evades bleeding!

Calculation Phase 1!

Bogscale Stalker (3) takes 3 damage! [Burn]

Sallete takes 4 damage! [Poison]

{~} { } { } { } { } { } { } { } {~} C
{~} { } { } {5} { } { } { } { } {~} D
{~} { } { } {6} { } { } { } { } {~} E
{~} { } {2} {S} { } { } { } { } {~} F
{~} { } { } { } { } { } {4} { } {~} G
{~} {1} { } {A} {7} { } {R} {3} {~} H
{~} { } { } { } { } { } { } {J} {~} I
{~} { } {K} {D} {V} { } {O} { } {~} J

Jacqueline (Botanist) [Gift of Fire] [Gift of Air]
HP: 20 / 25
CE: 18 / 30
ATK: 0 --- 0
INT: 6 --- 7
MOVE: 3 --- 4

Angie (Mechanic) [Gift of Fire] [Gift of Air] [Bravery - 4]
HP: 23 / 25
CE: 25 / 30
ATK: 7 --- 8 --- 11
DEF: 5
INT: 0 --- 0

Dirge (Violinist) [Gift of Fire] [Gift of Air] [Bravery - 4] [Momentum - 4]
CE: 32 / 40
ATK: 6 --- 7 --- 10
INT: 1 --- 2
MOVE: 2 --- 3

Rothaire (Buccaneer) [Gift of Fire] [Gift of Air]
HP: 26 / 30
ATK: 5 --- 6
INT: 1 --- 2
MOVE: 4 --- 5

Vanessa (Combat Engineer) [Gift of Fire] [Gift of Air] [Bravery - 4] [Rearm]
CE: 24 / 30
ATK: 0 --- 0 --- 0
INT: 8 --- 9

Karmen (Ornithologist) [Gift of Fire] [Gift of Air] [Bravery - 4]
HP: 15 / 20
CE: 16 / 30
ATK: 0 --- 0 --- 0
INT: 7 --- 8

Sallete (Blade Engineer) [Gift of Fire] [Gift of Air] [Bravery - 3] [Turbo - 1 - 5%] [Poison - 2]
HP: 21 / 30
ATK: 9 --- 10 --- 14
INT: 0 --- 0

Jojo (Elemental Dancer) [Gift of Fire] [Gift of Air]
CE: 15 / 30
ATK: 1 --- 2
INT: 6 --- 7

Bogscale Stalker (1)
CE: 33 / 40

Bogscale Stalker (2)

Bogscale Stalker (3) [Burn - 2]
HP: 21 / 30

Bogscale Stalker (4)

Bogscale Stalker (5)
CE: 30 / 40

Grapefruit Fly (6) [Critical]
HP: 4 / 25

Grapefruit Fly (7)

B = Bag

~ = Oily Water

Player Phase 2!
Durn
Durn
Hermit Sage
Hermit Sage

Back to top Go down

Post by Zerifachias Sun Nov 18, 2012 9:09 pm

Angie moves to I-6

"Outta the way, Sally!" Angie barked, touching the ground again with her palms before bringing up a load of material from the ground. This time, she didn't bother trying to contain the explosion of soot, the weapon she was making now was much bigger. The soot expanded everywhere, covering Angie and parts of those poor folk who were around her. She clicked the new weapon and pointed it at the fly.

"Scattershot Rifle!" Angie said with a grin, clicking the trigger and watching bullets pierce through not just the fly, but the creature behind the fly.

Angie crafts an efficient Scattershot Rifle! Hits [6] and [5]! 18 Atk DMG! Chance of Bleeding! -11 CE

CE: 14/30
Zerifachias
Zerifachias
Totes-Mcgoats
Totes-Mcgoats

Back to top Go down

Post by Sponsored content

Sponsored content

Back to top Go down

Page 4 of 6 Previous  1, 2, 3, 4, 5, 6  Next