Eternal Dream
Would you like to react to this message? Create an account in a few clicks or log in to continue.

FE: Change of Heart [OoC Thread]

+3
Kurio
Creame
Masquerade
7 posters

Page 3 of 6 Previous  1, 2, 3, 4, 5, 6  Next

Go down

FE: Change of Heart [OoC Thread] - Page 3 Empty Re: FE: Change of Heart [OoC Thread]

Post by Kurio Sat Mar 30, 2013 10:28 pm

Well in the Fire Emblem universe generally a General or Great Knight will murder a Swordmaster. Since Swordmaster focuses on relatively weak, but very fast attacks. Now no matter how many attacks you hit them with if they have ridiculously high DEF (ie a General or Great Knight), 0 multiplied by a thousand is still zero. However Only exception is if the Swordmaster had an Armorslayer or maybe a Killing Edge. Sometimes even a Levin Sword works since it does magical damage.
Kurio
Kurio
Masochistic Kitty Kat Maid

Back to top Go down

FE: Change of Heart [OoC Thread] - Page 3 Empty Re: FE: Change of Heart [OoC Thread]

Post by Allindur, the Lightfoot Sat Mar 30, 2013 10:30 pm

Also, Swords>Axes>Spear>Swords

Yay for weapon triangle?
Allindur, the Lightfoot
Allindur, the Lightfoot
Fleeting Dreamer
Fleeting Dreamer

Back to top Go down

Post by Kurio Sat Mar 30, 2013 10:31 pm

Indeed, weapon triangle will basically make or break a fight in any difficulty higher than Normal 3:
Kurio
Kurio

Back to top Go down

Post by Masquerade Sat Mar 30, 2013 10:32 pm

And dark magic wrecks shit.
Masquerade
Masquerade
Eternal Dreamer
Eternal Dreamer

https://eternaldream.forummotion.com

Back to top Go down

Post by Kurio Sat Mar 30, 2013 10:33 pm

Because mages were given the overpowered end of the stick in Awakening...especially the Dark Mage line as well as Dark Fliers
Kurio
Kurio

Back to top Go down

Post by Silver Sun Mar 31, 2013 6:39 am

Masquerade wrote:And dark magic wrecks shit.

And Manaketes! Don't forget teh Manaketes! :3
Silver
Silver
Prince of Dreams
Prince of Dreams

https://www.facebook.com/pages/Xavier-Rains/314656341904106

Back to top Go down

Post by Allindur, the Lightfoot Sun Mar 31, 2013 7:17 am

I got one word for you.

Wyrmslayer.
Allindur, the Lightfoot
Allindur, the Lightfoot
Fleeting Dreamer
Fleeting Dreamer

Back to top Go down

Post by Silver Sun Mar 31, 2013 7:19 am

I'm pretty sure Celin could handle himself against Elwood, even with that Wyrmslayer.
Silver
Silver
Prince of Dreams
Prince of Dreams

Back to top Go down

Post by Allindur, the Lightfoot Sun Mar 31, 2013 7:51 am

FE: Change of Heart [OoC Thread] - Page 3 Tumblr_m2coq5LVsR1qh3vok
Allindur, the Lightfoot
Allindur, the Lightfoot
Fleeting Dreamer
Fleeting Dreamer

Back to top Go down

Post by Zerifachias Sun Mar 31, 2013 8:17 am

Kurio wrote:Well in the Fire Emblem universe generally a General or Great Knight will murder a Swordmaster. Since Swordmaster focuses on relatively weak, but very fast attacks. Now no matter how many attacks you hit them with if they have ridiculously high DEF (ie a General or Great Knight), 0 multiplied by a thousand is still zero. However Only exception is if the Swordmaster had an Armorslayer or maybe a Killing Edge. Sometimes even a Levin Sword works since it does magical damage.

This is why Masq's rule in the stat role plays that forbids this is so good. It's also why I like it. It doesn't matter how high your defense is, something is going to fall off if I hit you a thousand times in a row.
Zerifachias
Zerifachias
Totes-Mcgoats
Totes-Mcgoats

Back to top Go down

Post by Allindur, the Lightfoot Sun Mar 31, 2013 8:22 am

Keep in mind the rule only alows 1 damage to go through. I'm pretty sure if I can take you down in one hit, and you need fifty to take me, the odds are by my side. Unless you have, like 98% evasion.

EDIT: That's why in flat defense systems, heavy characters are always overpowered.
Allindur, the Lightfoot
Allindur, the Lightfoot
Fleeting Dreamer
Fleeting Dreamer

Back to top Go down

Post by Silver Sun Mar 31, 2013 9:01 am

You forget we're not running stats. A sword cutting into you is going to hurt no matter what, even if it's just banging your armor into your body.
Silver
Silver
Prince of Dreams
Prince of Dreams

Back to top Go down

Post by Zerifachias Sun Mar 31, 2013 9:08 am

This is also true.

If it were in the Fire Emblem stats, the spear would win. In our regular stat role plays, the swords would have a good chance.

Since this is all based on skill, it's really pretty even. And no matter how I think of it, two swords can beat one spear. Knock it up, deal damage, rinse and repeat.
Zerifachias
Zerifachias
Totes-Mcgoats
Totes-Mcgoats

Back to top Go down

Post by Allindur, the Lightfoot Sun Mar 31, 2013 10:36 am

Well, since it's non-stat, really it's up to he GM I guess, but ultimately, I believe we should be pretty even. Kial is fast and Elwood is a moving wall and has a horse. Trust me, in the real world, a mounted warrior eight times out of ten beats a non-lancer footman.

But don't ruin teh theorycraft! It's half the fun!
Allindur, the Lightfoot
Allindur, the Lightfoot
Fleeting Dreamer
Fleeting Dreamer

Back to top Go down

Post by Creame Sun Mar 31, 2013 10:42 am

Hopefully our teammates won't have to fight each other... much... :D

I think that a swordmaster could do a lot of damage regardless of the weapon being used against and the class of the opponent.
But I'm also biased because swordmasters are badass and I love them. Crits all daaaaay~

Those Snipers though... mmmm....

Off-note: Riesa's a diiiiick. xD

Edit: Does this RP take place before Khan Flavia beats Basillio? Because if I remember that happens pretty early.
Creame
Creame
REM Dweller
REM Dweller

Back to top Go down

Post by Kurio Tue Apr 02, 2013 5:05 pm

Creame wrote:Edit: Does this RP take place before Khan Flavia beats Basillio? Because if I remember that happens pretty early.
I'm not sure when this was asked or why I never answered but Flavia has indeed beaten Basilio.
Kurio
Kurio

Back to top Go down

Post by Creame Tue Apr 02, 2013 8:29 pm

I asked that FOREVER ago, gawsh Windy. >:T

Nichiu likes to talk alot...

And I feel bad for blowing off Etel. :C
Creame
Creame
REM Dweller
REM Dweller

Back to top Go down

Post by Kurio Tue Apr 02, 2013 8:33 pm

It's okay...Caelia can show him some love later <3
Kurio
Kurio

Back to top Go down

Post by Silver Wed Apr 03, 2013 7:38 pm

@Zeri: I wasn't sure if you noticed, but Celin did respond to Kial and Charles.
Silver
Silver
Prince of Dreams
Prince of Dreams

Back to top Go down

Post by Zerifachias Wed Apr 03, 2013 7:42 pm

I did notice. I'll start working on my post in a few minutes here.
Zerifachias
Zerifachias
Totes-Mcgoats
Totes-Mcgoats

Back to top Go down

Post by Zerifachias Sat Apr 06, 2013 9:26 pm

TWO DAYS.

IT TOOK ME TWO DAYS TO BEAT THIS GODDAMN GAME.

IT WAS AWESOME.

Pairings I was able to make:
Chrom - My character (Chloe
Lissa - Frederick (hilarious)
Lon'qu - Sully
Gregor - Nowi

I think that's all I was able to do...all my wyverns and pegasus kept dying, so I stopped using them. Then I just kinda got a group of units that I constantly used.

Frederick didn't do so well late-game. Ended up "retiring." Vaike died because of some bad luck (19% hit chance. ugh).

But anyway, it was fun. I know the general mechanics of this game now. lol
Zerifachias
Zerifachias
Totes-Mcgoats
Totes-Mcgoats

Back to top Go down

Post by Kurio Sat Apr 06, 2013 11:05 pm

Frederick is a pre-promote...do not use pre-promotes unless they are the special bonus box characters >.>
And wyverns and pegasi should not be dying all that often, especially if you decide to just abuse the crap out of the new pairing system. So that whenever one gets to low health without a healer or healing item handy, just swap the two paired characters.
Kurio
Kurio

Back to top Go down

Post by Zerifachias Sun Apr 07, 2013 9:54 am

Frederick was also very awesome early-game.

He stopped being so incredibly useful by chapter 22. That's pretty fuckin' good for a pre-promote. And he was still useful, mind you. He protected my Troubadour quite well.
Zerifachias
Zerifachias
Totes-Mcgoats
Totes-Mcgoats

Back to top Go down

Post by Kurio Sun Apr 07, 2013 11:28 am

Yeah, this game seemed to completely throw the "pre-promotes are completely worthless" idea right out the window. Granted they won't be as good as the non-promoted units that you get but they're still pretty good compared to older games where the pre-promoted outlive their usefulness the chapter right after the one you get them :/
Kurio
Kurio

Back to top Go down

Post by Envy Sun Apr 07, 2013 5:52 pm

Ok, I know that I've already been given an offer to join by one or two people, but I don’t want to jump in with a character and have no one else ok with it. So, are people ok with me joining?

I have an idea to make a character who can transform and I have been doing some research on it (since I’ve never played any of the games). The transforming breed is the Laguz but sadly they are only within the nations of Gallia and Hatari as far as I can tell. These breeds are also limited to cats, tigers, lions, and wolves. My original intent had been to make a fox shifter who is a thief. I would like to know (if you don’t mind me joining) if it is ok if I make my own Laguz breed, the fox shifters, even though none of those lands are on the map you guys have chosen to use. If I can’t make a laguz breed I can always make it a cat-laguz instead, they’re just as sly and stealthy and that’s all I really need for the character.

Would anyone be against a fox (or cat) Laguz who is a thief? Kind of someone they can meet and convince to help or something, but the character has a sticky fingers problem lol. She’ll like shiny things, a lot. That'll probably be one of her biggest weaknesses for shits and giggles.
Envy
Envy
Tormented By Nightmares
Tormented By Nightmares

Back to top Go down

Post by Sponsored content

Sponsored content

Back to top Go down

Page 3 of 6 Previous  1, 2, 3, 4, 5, 6  Next