Eternal Dream
Would you like to react to this message? Create an account in a few clicks or log in to continue.

CRISIS: Collapse of Existence

+4
CerberusLycan
Gist
Argentorum
Kurio
8 posters

Page 1 of 4 1, 2, 3, 4  Next

Go down

CRISIS: Collapse of Existence Empty CRISIS: Collapse of Existence

Post by Masquerade Thu Sep 17, 2015 8:29 pm

I can see them.  And they know it.  What in the blazes do I do now?

Rontzelle Academy.  Entrance Hall.  8:15 AM.

Ion Vurlei, a fairly new student at the illustrious Rontzelle Academy for the Intellectual Leaders of the Future, has been seeing strange things recently.  The academy itself stands as a tall white stone beacon in the center of a major city called Huervellund.  It's beautiful gardens and courtyard are unrivaled, and the structural marvel of the main building remains a sight to be seen.  Seven floors and covering many acres of land, this academy costed billions of dollars to construct, but because of the investment put into it, it has produced some of the brightest minds in the country, let alone the world itself.  Inside, the pristine floors, halls, and vaulted ceilings produce such a grandiose feeling in the soul.  It is like one is standing in the midst of a vast wonder--obsidian floors bearing no scuffs or marks, and the white walls form an endless expanse, doorways formed within leading to the myriad classrooms and specific purpose rooms where the learning takes place.  The academy is equipped with an observatory, a greenhouse, a massive indoor swimming pool, a fully functional spa and sauna, multi-nationality buffet-style cafeteria, large and illustrious bathhouses, many shops and non-affiliated eating establishments, and so much more!  What a wonderful place to visit!

My heart is beating too rapidly.  I need to calm myself.  If I just walk away, they'll leave me alone.  They always have.  Why would they attack me now?  Just don't look at them; ignore them.

There was no ignoring them.  Ion had entered the doors to the front entrance hall of the academy where many others lingered, their classes not yet starting.  Most would probably be heading to the cafeteria for breakfast.  Ion had a chemistry class at 8:30 AM.  Normally he would rush through the hall, take a right, and head to the elevator to reach the fourth floor where his classroom was, but today he was stopped by a terrible sight.  Scattered before him among the various lingering students were strange creatures that one would think themselves crazy if they saw them.  They were oddly reminiscent of brains with tentacles coming out of the bottom of them dripping with a thick, green ooze.  Ion actually saw these creatures quite a bit since he started coming to the academy, but he ignored them, attributing the sight to a lack of sleep or an immense amount of stress induced by the fact that he had come from another country to attend this prestigious academy where he could be expelled for quite a numerous amount of reasons thus ending his dreams.  However, these creatures were far from figments of one's imagination.  This time, they took sight of him, their tentacles whipping about in an agitated manner.

Ion had discovered that if he had the will to fight them, he could.  Deep within his very being lied a latent power--the power to exterminate these creatures using strength from his existence.  What he didn't know was that with this power came many drawbacks.  But he had no choice.  He had to fight.  What would all these other students think?  They couldn't see the creatures, surely.  Maybe he was dreaming.  Yeah, he had to be dreaming.

Ion held his hands out and two beams of a very light blue light formed with ease.  He grasped them and entered a fighting stance.  He did not dare let his honey-colored eyes fall upon any of the other students.  He probably looked like a fool right now but it was kill or be killed.  He was alone in this matter, not that that was any surprise.  It had been at least a week or so since he started at the academy and he had not made a single friend.  But who would want to be friends with the crazy guy who saw imaginary creatures and fought them with fake weapons like a damned idiot?  And yet the warmth in his hands led him to believe otherwise.  The light that composed his weapons was so comforting, and it felt so real.  Maybe as long as he believed it was real, it would be okay.  He was happy that he had put some gel in his white hair this morning to hold it back, keeping the bangs out of his eyes.  He gave the creatures a hardened look but said nothing.  The last thing he needed to do was start talking to them.  He would do this and he would do this quickly...

...or die trying.

Prelude 00: They Can't Be Ignored

Mission Objectives: Defeat all enemies!

{ } { } { } { } { } A
{ } { } { } { } { } B
{ } { } { } { } { } C
{ } {B} { } {C} { } D
{ } { } { } { } { } E
{A} { } { } { } {D} F
{ } { } { } { } { } G
{ } { } { } { } { } H
{ } { } {I} { } { } I
{ } { } { } { } { } J
-1---2---3---4---5

Ion
HP: 25/25
SB: 20/20
Atk: 2
Def: 2
Abs: 6
Per: 3
Agi: 7
Move: 3 cells

A (Synapse)
HP: 15/15
Atk: 3
Def: 1
Abs: 4
Per: 2
Agi: 2

B (Synapse)

C (Synapse)

D (Synapse)

Players [Zuzu, Hazel, Valerie] may start in any cell!

Last edited by Masquerade on Sat Sep 19, 2015 10:41 am; edited 1 time in total
Masquerade
Masquerade
Eternal Dreamer
Eternal Dreamer

https://eternaldream.forummotion.com

Back to top Go down

CRISIS: Collapse of Existence Empty Re: CRISIS: Collapse of Existence

Post by Kurio Thu Sep 17, 2015 9:33 pm

Valerie sat by herself in the cafeteria fork in hand prodding at the scrambled eggs and toast sitting on her plate. She like many other students was taking the time before classes to eat breakfast. However the word "eating" may not really apply to Valerie as her food looked virtually untouched. Her brown eyes stared down at the plate as she made circular motions with the fork, eyes glazed as if in some sort of a daze. A few minutes later she was gone, leaving behind the tray of food which she had never taken a single bite from.

Exiting the cafeteria Valerie could feel her stomach twisting in pain. She hadn't eaten a solid meal in three days. She just didn't have the appetite to, which she attributed to the side effect of her medication. She wandered down the hallway heading toward Biology when she saw them - something that she also attributed to the side effects of her medication. Those things were always there. She swore they were following her, always hiding in corners and behind other students who never took notice. Sometimes they'd get closer, but she could fend them off with tools from her first-aid kit, but only those. She would have just disregarded them as usual if they weren't in the middle of the hallway between the cafeteria and her class.

Well, at least she left for class early.

Valerie starts at cell A-3

Last edited by Kurio on Sat Sep 19, 2015 10:37 am; edited 1 time in total
Kurio
Kurio
Masochistic Kitty Kat Maid

Back to top Go down

Post by Vergil Thu Sep 17, 2015 11:03 pm

Hazel watched the horizon through a window as the bashful sunrise bloomed against the vermilion-bathed sky. The young girl stood on the floor of the academy below the roof, in her ebon corset with her uniform blazer carelessly draped over her shoulder. She didn’t care much for the uniform, but the staff had been getting on her case about her dress code, so she always had it ready whenever a faculty member prompted her to put it on. Her enticing eyeshadow matched the jet-black tresses of her hair, enhancing the acrimony in her icy azure gaze; a venomous temptation to any that would dare behold it. Her ensemble was complete with painted nails and painted lips, and a pair of combat boots that had seen their fair share of faces trampled beneath them.

Classes had not even started yet and Hazel could feel a groan escape her as she contemplated skipping her history class, as the idea of listening to an old coot ramble on forever about shit she didn’t care about was unappealing to her. Just thinking about it practically resolved her decision in a heartbeat, as leaning against the chain-link fence of the roof and having a nice cigarette sounded like the absolute shit right now. The only extracurricular activity she remotely looked forward to was the wrestling club, although she had become the sole member after everyone else quit for fear of their own safety. She took a final sip of her coffee; no cream nor sugar, and just as bitter and black as her heart – just the way she liked it. When she was finished, she crushed the polystyrene foam cup in her hand and littered it on the ground, not bothering to dispose of it in the proper recycling receptacle. Hazel yawned and reached into her leather handbag, retrieving her handheld gaming console to indulge herself in some entertainment while heading up the stairs to the roof.

She stopped as she arrived at the door. “Ugh. Five hundred eggs, and still no shiny? What a load of bullshit,” she complained, promptly shutting off her game and elbowing the push bar to open the door. Her plan on having a quiet morning to smoke was foiled by another person being on the roof this early. It was a peculiar man dancing like an absolute moron next to an old-fashioned tape deck.  Hazel did not know what to make of the situation.

Music: Brunch Association
Spoiler:

CRISIS: Collapse of Existence D5af1d5e6e “What… the actual… fuck.”
CRISIS: Collapse of Existence 401e362a91 “Shh… quiet. You’re messing up my rhythm.”
CRISIS: Collapse of Existence D5af1d5e6e “This is my fucking hangout. Get the hell out of here you dickmunch.”
CRISIS: Collapse of Existence 401e362a91 “Sorry, doll, but I think I’m gonna chill up here for a while with my tunes.”

Hazel wasted no time in grabbing the tape deck and hurling it off the roof, hearing a loud crash to affirm its destruction.

CRISIS: Collapse of Existence 401e362a91 “Wow. Goddamn rude.”
CRISIS: Collapse of Existence D5af1d5e6e “OUT, YOU BITCH-ASS DOUBLEFUCK. IF I HAVE TO TELL YOUR STUPID ASS A THIRD TIME, I’M GONNA KNEE YOUR FARTBOX SO HARD YOU’LL BE PUKING YOUR OWN SHIT. NOW GET MOVING.”
CRISIS: Collapse of Existence 401e362a91 “Whoa, whoa, whoa. Chill, brah, chill. Actually, I’ve just been waiting here to tell you that you probably don’t wanna be here right now.”
CRISIS: Collapse of Existence D5af1d5e6e “And why’s that?!”
CRISIS: Collapse of Existence 401e362a91 "Because there's somewhere else you should be right now. The entrance hall near the cafeteria to be exact. Something very interesting, in fact. I'm sure you'll find it will beat smoking up here and wallowing in your angst."
CRISIS: Collapse of Existence D5af1d5e6e “What's happening downstairs?"
CRISIS: Collapse of Existence 401e362a91 "Some pretty weird shit."
CRISIS: Collapse of Existence D5af1d5e6e “Tch. You're just trying to get me to leave so I don't kick your teeth in."
CRISIS: Collapse of Existence 401e362a91 "Heh. Cute, but you're starting to get on my nerves now. Your classmates must think you're a delight. Pissing me off is the last thing you wanna do. Trust me."
CRISIS: Collapse of Existence D5af1d5e6e “That supposed to scare me? Just fucking try me, squirrel scrotum."
CRISIS: Collapse of Existence 401e362a91 "I'd save my energy if I were you. You'll need it for what's going on downstairs. I mean, if you wanna stay up here and be an insufferable bitch, then I ain't gonna stop ya. I have a feeling you'll be checking it out either way just out of curiosity."

She narrowed her eyes at him, not justifying what he said with a response.

CRISIS: Collapse of Existence 401e362a91 "See, I'm right, aren't I? I know you can smoke up here any other day. I know a lot of things... things you'd probably be interested in knowing as well. We can be friends if you drop the acid tongue. Honestly, it's kinda my thing."
CRISIS: Collapse of Existence D5af1d5e6e "Fine, I'm going. But you stay right here. If this turns out to be a waste of time, I'm coming back up here to get you acquainted with what your intestines look like."
CRISIS: Collapse of Existence 401e362a91 "I have a feeling it won't be. Oh and uh... I want you to keep something in mind. You're a guest in this place, so for your sake try to be on your best behavior."
CRISIS: Collapse of Existence D5af1d5e6e "You sound like a fucking pedophile. Fuck off."

Hazel took her leave, marching back down the stairwell and passing through the cafeteria, but not without slapping a poor student's food tray into his face on the way. "Eat much, fuckface?" she teased. Her devious smirk faded into a look of utter confusion when she spotted the creatures in the hall. "The hell? Those things look like the nasty bruise I gave to that chess club geek the other day. Fuck, that is some weird shit." They flailed their tentacles in a hostile manner, giving Hazel the only excuse she needed to fight. The guidance counselor the faculty had been forcing Hazel to see for her anger issues kept going on and on about finding an outlet for her aggression, after all.

Hazel starts in C-1.
Vergil
Vergil
Void Sleeper
Void Sleeper

Back to top Go down

Post by Zerifachias Fri Sep 18, 2015 3:25 pm

Zerunia Vortell, also known more favorably as "Zuzu," had her seat in the cafeteria for some time. She woke up early, no thanks to the coughing fit she suffered that morning, and decided to get a head start on her day before the sun could make her skin itch. The pale, thin girl of seventeen years marched herself down to the cafeteria and had someone make her a bowl of broth and noodles. It was the only thing she could ever keep down in the mornings, and the broth here was actually really good. It was one of the few things that little Zuzu looked forward to in the mornings. Other than hacking up half her own lung, of course.

Though a bad set of coincidences and fate, Zuzu was born with several defects that affected her immune system. Whenever the cold went around, she got it, no matter if she was already suffering from one already. Still though, she somehow managed to stay on top of all of her classes. She had classmates that were nice enough to lend her their notes. In return, she would help them understand the material, since she was at the top percentage of all her classes. Of all things Zuzu suffered from, the determination and motivation to succeed drove her to work hard, sickness be damned.

Now she sat on a bench surrounded by people who called her their friend, but she didn't really know them or share in their feelings. They gave her notes, she taught them what they meant, it was a simple relationship. She couldn't concern herself with them or their drama. Instead she just sat in her plaid skirt and blouse and sweater, picking at the last few noodles in her dish. Eventually she decided enough was enough, and stood up to excuse herself.

"Leaving already, Zuzu?" A boy immediately took notice once she started moving. Of course he would, this boy has been infatuated with her since she taught him what osmosis was. "I'll carry your books for you! We're going to Chemistry first, right?"

"I can carry them myself, thanks," Zuzu replied shortly, suddenly forgetting what his name was.

"Please, I want to help," the boy insisted, reaching for Zuzu's bag. It sat at her feet, and with his head so close to her leg, Zuzu seriously considered popping it up into the boy's face. But she didn't. She wasn't like that. No matter how much she hated it when people gave her pity, it was a waste of time in her mind, she could not lash out at them. Unless she was really sick that day and didn't want to put up with any bullshit.

"Fine, go then. I want to check back to my room first, so go on ahead of me. Thank you," Zuzu told the boy, and that seemed to do the trick. Ignoring the giggles from the other girls as the boy raced off, Zuzu brushed back her golden bangs away from her eyes and headed to the main hall. She was just recovering from a week of being bedridden and still had trouble walking. It was always like this whenever she was glued to her bed. It didn't matter, she was used to it and didn't let it bother her.

What DID bother here were the four floating brain-like creatures hovering in the hall. Zuzu covered her mouth, already starting to feel sick again. Disgusting creatures.

Zuzu starts in J-5
Zerifachias
Zerifachias
Totes-Mcgoats
Totes-Mcgoats

Back to top Go down

Post by Masquerade Sat Sep 19, 2015 11:01 am

{ } { } {V} { } { } A
{ } { } { } { } { } B
{H} { } { } { } { } C
{ } {B} { } {C} { } D
{ } { } { } { } { } E
{A} { } { } { } {D} F
{ } { } { } { } { } G
{ } { } { } { } { } H
{ } { } {I} { } { } I
{ } { } { } { } {Z} J
-1---2---3---4---5

Ion

Zuzu
HP: 20/20
Atk: 5
Abs: 1
Per: 5
Agi: 10

Valerie
HP: 20/20
Atk: 6
Per: 4
Move: 4 cells

Hazel
SB: 15/15
Def: 4
Agi: 5

A (Synapse)

B (Synapse)

C (Synapse)

D (Synapse)

Player Phase 1!

Ion uses Flash Blitz to travel to E3!  Hits Targets B and C!  5 Dmg! (ABS)

SB: 12/20

What was this?  A few students had entered the hall and took notice of the creatures.  It was obvious.  They were honed in on them just like Ion was.  Did that mean....no it couldn't possibly...  He wasn't the only one who could see them?!!  A wave of energy coursed through the area and the hall grew dark.  Everything was suddenly in grayscale except himself and the three others..and the creatures.  None of the other normal students in the hall were moving.  Had...had time stopped?  The creatures suddenly gurgled and made strange sounds, their tentacles flagellating faster.

"I-If you guys can see them...we have to stop them.  Please, help me!" Ion pleaded before dashing forward leaving a pale blue trail of energy behind him.  As he drew near his destination and span around in place, slicing a couple of the nearby creatures with his blades of energy.  Did these other students possess powers like his own?  What were they?  Despite the seriousness of the situation, he was curious.  He did not understand the consequences or risks involved in following this path.  Could these creatures actually kill him?  They were things his young mind did not think about.  He had power and he could stop them, especially with help.  It kept him confident and it kept his heart calm and mind clear.  But there would come a grim realization of what this all meant in due time.

Ion waits.

Last edited by Masquerade on Sun Sep 20, 2015 6:26 pm; edited 1 time in total
Masquerade
Masquerade
Eternal Dreamer
Eternal Dreamer

Back to top Go down

Post by Zerifachias Sat Sep 19, 2015 3:31 pm

Stop them? Stop them with what weapon, exactly? Zuzu frowned as she watched two swords form from the boy's hands. She watched as the world around her suddenly changed, and time itself seemed to come to a halt. But she was still moving. Her body was still alive in this instant, and something about that made her irrationally angry. "I didn't come here to have what little time I have left stolen from me by a pack of disgusting creatures like you!" Zuzu spat, feeling the anger flow through her body. It never felt good to be angry, not until she could hit something.

When the crystal on her wrist began to glow, she knew what to do next, though did not totally understand what was going on. Light from all around swirled until it came to her side, forming a bow in her left hand, attached to the bracelet she wore on her wrist. It was supposed to be a family heirloom, not some magical artifact, Zuzu thought. But she was given this bow for a reason, perhaps. Maybe time would not be stolen from her after all.

Zuzu shifted her gaze to glare at the pack of monsters. Her ability to focus on multiple targets was less than mediocre. She was much better at staring one thing down until she was finished with it. So she glared at the closest creature to her, raised her bow and put her hand to the bow. When she drew back her right hand, an arrow made from light particles formed, and when she fired it, the arrow sped through the air like a beam of light.

Zuzu Marks "D" as her Target!

Zuzu attacks D! 5 Atk DMG! Eye of Prejudice bonuses applied!
Zerifachias
Zerifachias
Totes-Mcgoats
Totes-Mcgoats

Back to top Go down

Post by Kurio Sun Sep 20, 2015 12:24 am

Valerie moves to cell A-4

Nothing made sense to Valerie. Everyone stopped. Why did everyone stop? Why was she still moving? Why didn't the horrid things stop? And why are there people who didn't stop? Valerie's mind began to fill with voices repeating these same questions over and over. Each voice was different, but they all carried the same tone - they were mocking her. They repeated the questions on her mind in a jeering tone, making fun of her inability to find an answer.

Shut up.

One thought seemed to silence all the voices in her head, letting her shift her focus to the real world. The others had made their move going after the monsters and as expected the bandages and bottles of pills she kept in her first-aid pouch had disappeared. Instead it was replaced with small blades, one of which ended up cutting her finger as she grabbed it. In a swift motion three scalpels were launched at the nearest creature with deadly precision and expert control, the thrown blade flying straight as an arrow into its target.

Valerie attacks C. 8 ATK Dmg, Critical hit chance increased by 15%. C takes 20% increased damage for 3 turns (Innocuous Assault)
Kurio
Kurio

Back to top Go down

Post by Vergil Sun Sep 20, 2015 5:53 pm

Time had come to an utter halt while Hazel, the creatures, and a select few other students could still move. Distracted from the creatures, she looked over at an immobilized passerby who appeared to be on his way to class, and with a sinister grin she grabbed his hand and forced him to pick his own nose. Afterward, she reached into his pocket and emptied out his wallet before putting it back in. "The perfect crime," she gloated in triumph. Hazel tilted her head and stroked her chin, giving off the look of an artist in contemplation of their work. "No... I can do better," Hazel remarked as she pantsed the student to add insult to injury. "There we go."

Before she could revel in the splendor of her prank, another student from across the hall had besought her help and the help of the others that could move. Hazel rolled her eyes at him, as she was getting to fighting the monstrosities anyway, but that didn't mean she wouldn't be able to get ulterior manipulation down the line. "Since you asked so nicely, I'll help... but uh... you're gonna owe me one." Her hands began to surge a dark, magenta mist of energy as she approached her first adversary in her signature prideful strut. "'Bout to give you a makeover with my fists, you ugly, smegma-coated fuckhole."

Hazel moves to C-2.

Hazel attacks "B". 6 ATK Dmg. 2 hits.
Vergil
Vergil
Void Sleeper
Void Sleeper

Back to top Go down

Post by Masquerade Sun Sep 20, 2015 6:26 pm

Target B takes 14 Dmg!

HP: 1/15

Ion's Lightspeed restores his State of Being! [SB Recovered +1]

Target C takes 14 Dmg!

Valerie's Innocuous Assault plagues this Target!

Target D takes 4 Dmg!

HP: 11/15

Zuzu's Soul Arrow afflicts the Target!

{ } { } { } {V} { } A
{ } { } { } { } { } B
{ } {H} { } { } { } C
{ } {B} { } {C} { } D
{ } { } {I} { } { } E
{A} { } { } { } {D} F
{ } { } { } { } { } G
{ } { } { } { } { } H
{ } { } { } { } { } I
{ } { } { } { } {Z} J
-1---2---3---4---5

Enemy Phase.

Target A moves to E2.

Target A tentacle whips Ion!  4 Dmg! (ATK)

Target B forms a connection with Target C!

---Target B uses Burst towards Hazel!  6 Dmg! (ABS)
---Target C uses Burst towards Valerie!  6 Dmg! (ABS)

Target D moves to H5.

Target D tentacle whips Zuzu!  4 Dmg! (ATK)

{ } { } { } {V} { } A
{ } { } { } { } { } B
{ } {H} { } { } { } C
{ } {B} { } {C} { } D
{ } {A} {I} { } { } E
{ } { } { } { } { } F
{ } { } { } { } { } G
{ } { } { } { } {D} H
{ } { } { } { } { } I
{ } { } { } { } {Z} J
-1---2---3---4---5

Target C's DMG Input is increased for 3 turns.

Target D is afflicted with Soul Arrow.

Player Phase 2!

Ion
HP: 23/25
SB: 13/20

Zuzu
HP: 18/20

Valerie

Hazel
HP: 21/25

A (Synapse)

B (Synapse) *CRITICAL*

C (Synapse) *CRITICAL* *DMG TAKEN +20%*

D (Synapse) *EYE OF PREJUDICE*
HP: 11/15

Ion attacks D3!  Cleaves Target B and C!  2 hits!  3 Dmg per hit! (ABS)

They were just like him!  Ion reveled in joy as the others joined the fray with their own unique abilities.  It was like something out of a video game!  One of the girls had said that he would owe her, but after this he would be willing to pay anything in recompense for the help.  The creatures were weak.  One slammed a tentacle into him but it wasn't much more than a pinch.  Ion retaliated, striking the space in front of him, but because of the length of his blades, he was able to strike the two brain creatures that had tied their tentacles together to form some kind of strange bond.  Regardless they would no longer be an issue.

Ion waits.

Last edited by Masquerade on Wed Sep 23, 2015 6:01 pm; edited 1 time in total
Masquerade
Masquerade
Eternal Dreamer
Eternal Dreamer

Back to top Go down

Post by Kurio Mon Sep 21, 2015 10:27 pm

Valerie moves to cell E-4

She had hit the thing, whatever it was, right on the mark. It retaliated but Valerie barely felt a thing. Whatever this thing that came from the depths of her mind was, it was weak. It didn't give her the oppressive feeling that accompanied whenever her monsters, as her psychiatrist called them, emerged.

The thing that she had hit, with scalpels sticking out of its disgusting fleshy membrane writhed and flailed its tentacle appendages before ceasing its final struggle. Valerie stepped over the creature, bending down to rip one of the scalpels out of its body and throwing it, along with another two scalpels at another one of the monsters.

Valerie attacks A. 8 ATK Dmg, Critical hit chance increased by 15%. C takes 20% increased damage for 3 turns (Innocuous Assault)

Last edited by Kurio on Tue Sep 22, 2015 3:09 pm; edited 2 times in total
Kurio
Kurio

Back to top Go down

Post by Vergil Tue Sep 22, 2015 6:14 am

"Ack! That actually hurt, you piece of shit!" Hazel cursed at her assailant. Before she could raise a fist to strike the foe that attacked her, the boy had already seemed to take care of the situation. "Hmph," Hazel glowered in annoyance. She hated when she couldn't get the last laugh on anyone or anything that wronged her. As much as she considered giving the boy a DDT into the linoleum flooring for robbing her of the final strike, she knew that it wouldn't be good for her leverage for assisting in fighting these creatures to begin with. She scanned around and found another creature with haste, getting ready to make short work of it.

"You're next, you fried squid turd," she threatened it, marching indignantly in its direction. When she was close enough, Hazel grabbed hold of the creature's body, keeping a tight grip to ensure it was restrained. "Gross, it feels like how Pigboy smells," she remarked, referring to the student whose lunch tray she smacked. She almost regretted skipping out on smoking now, but there wasn't many opportunities like this where she could vent out her rage in the form of violence... at least without some form of foreseeable repercussion.

Hazel moves to E-1.

Hazel Grapples "A".
Vergil
Vergil
Void Sleeper
Void Sleeper

Back to top Go down

Post by Zerifachias Tue Sep 22, 2015 7:21 pm

The thing stung her! It stung her! Zuzu wasn't keen on letting herself get whipped about and strung up like some hapless girl by a freakish monster with dripping tentacles that could shock people. She got the hell away from it. She moved far, far away from it, as far as she could get without overexerting herself. Running took a lot of energy that she did not have. Jogging less so, but still made her very tired. It didn't help that her lungs were complete shit.

Zuzu turned around and strung up her bow of light, another arrow appearing as she drew back the translucent string. The bow really was a big mystery to her. It didn't weigh a thing, maybe whatever power she had that caused this bow to appear worked around her physical deficiencies. She fired upon her target, watching the arrow of light soar through the air. There was a bit of a squealing sound that came from the arrow's flight. It was slight, but listening to it in that short moment it was in flight made Zuzu notice.

"Hey, can I get a hand over here?" Zuzu asked aloud to the others. One of them turned to help already, but she was still being targeted. Not to mention she was starting to feel sick again.

Zuzu moves to J-2

Zuzu attacks D! 5 Atk DMG! Eye of Prejudice effects applied!
Zerifachias
Zerifachias
Totes-Mcgoats
Totes-Mcgoats

Back to top Go down

Post by Masquerade Wed Sep 23, 2015 6:09 pm

Target A is Grappled!

Target A takes 11 Dmg!

HP: 4/15

Valerie's Innocuous Assault plagues the Target!

Target B takes 2 Dmg!

Target B KO!

Target C takes 2 Dmg!

Target C KO!

Ion's Lightspeed restores his State of Being! [+1 SB Recovered]

Target D takes 4 Dmg!

HP: 7/15

Zuzu's Soul Arrow afflicts the Target!

{ } { } { } { } { } A
{ } { } { } { } { } B
{ } { } { } { } { } C
{ } { } { } { } { } D
{H} {A} {I} {V} { } E
{ } { } { } { } { } F
{ } { } { } { } { } G
{ } { } { } { } {D} H
{ } { } { } { } { } I
{ } {Z} { } { } { } J
-1---2---3---4---5

Enemy Phase.

Target A is unable to act!

Target D moves to J4.

Target D attacks Zuzu!  3 Dmg! (ATK)

{ } { } { } { } { } A
{ } { } { } { } { } B
{ } { } { } { } { } C
{ } { } { } { } { } D
{H} {A} {I} {V} { } E
{ } { } { } { } { } F
{ } { } { } { } { } G
{ } { } { } { } { } H
{ } { } { } { } { } I
{ } {Z} { } {D} { } J
-1---2---3---4---5

Target A will be free of Grapple on its next turn.

Target A's DMG Input is increased for 3 turns.

Target D is afflicted with Soul Arrow.

Player Phase 3!

Ion
HP: 23/25
SB: 14/20

Zuzu
HP: 17/20

Valerie

Hazel
HP: 21/25

A (Synapse) *DMG TAKEN +20%*
HP: 4/15

B (Synapse) *KO*

C (Synapse) *KO*

D (Synapse) *EYE OF PREJUDICE*
HP: 7/15
Atk: 3 --- 2
Def: 1 --- 0

Ion uses Flash Blitz to I3!  Hits Target D!  5 Dmg! (ABS)

SB: 6/20

Ion was glad to see two of the creatures fade from existence as they were defeated by the combined efforts of him and the other students.  However, two more still plagued them, and one girl with a bow asked for a hand.  If it was a hand she wanted, then a hand she would get.  Ion dashed forward towards both the girl and the creature attacking her, ending his dash with a swirling motion, spinning his blades making it appear like a perfect circle of light in a flash.  The creature was struck, but the girl was unharmed.

"The others fell pretty quickly.  This one can't last much longer surely," he offered, eyeing the creature though he had no idea what sort of vitality these things possessed.  He didn't even know what they were.  And the chances that any of these guys knew was slim as well.  They might have all been able to use their powers, but did any of them know where they actually came from or how they worked?

Ion waits.

Last edited by Masquerade on Thu Sep 24, 2015 6:25 pm; edited 1 time in total
Masquerade
Masquerade
Eternal Dreamer
Eternal Dreamer

Back to top Go down

Post by Vergil Thu Sep 24, 2015 5:24 am

"Oh man, you just don't know how fucked you are," Hazel sneered at her captive. "All aboard the wreck train! Next stop: YOUR ASS. Don't worry, you won't need special wizard powers to catch this train, it's comin' to you!" Hazel raised the helpless creature in the air, and with an intimidating war cry dropped herself onto the floor to drive the foe into the ground. Afterwards, she stood up in triumph, dusting off her hands for any residue of the creature.

Now that the situation was under control, Hazel wanted to make sure her condition was taken seriously. "Hey you, with the pair of glowing dildos," she addressed the student who had just charged at the final enemy. "Don't forget, I didn't help for free. Your ass owes me a favor, and I hope for your sake that you'll make good on it." There was no way in hell that she was going to touch weird-feeling tentacles with nothing to show for it, that much she vowed.

Hazel uses Bleeding Hearts Screwdriver on "A". 8 ATK Dmg at 3 DEF Reduction.

SB: 5/15

Hazel waits.
Vergil
Vergil
Void Sleeper
Void Sleeper

Back to top Go down

Post by Zerifachias Thu Sep 24, 2015 3:27 pm

"Thanks!" Zuzu breathed a sigh of relief when someone finally came to her aid. She strung up her bow again and shot another one of her light-arrows into the monster before her. With this and that other girl's wrestling move, the monsters should all be taken care of. Zuzu knew that she couldn't run anywhere to get out of range, so she just stayed put and took that moment to rest and recover. She got shocked a few times, but nothing that wouldn't come out in the wash.

"What are these things, anyway?" Zuzu wondered aloud. Maybe the boy who came to help her knew. He did look oddly familiar to her, which made her wonder about him.

Zuzu attacks D! 5 Atk DMG! Eye of Prejudice bonuses applied!
Zerifachias
Zerifachias
Totes-Mcgoats
Totes-Mcgoats

Back to top Go down

Post by Kurio Thu Sep 24, 2015 3:50 pm

Valerie moves to cell G-4

Before she could deliver a follow-up strike someone already beat her to it, slamming the monster onto the floor rather aggressively. Her eyes shifted to the last remaining creature, the thing looked like it would fall any moment just like the other three and the two near it seemed to have everything under control. But it never hurt to be safe.

Another set of scalpels were thrown at the creature, two of them dripping with black goop from the body of the previous monster.

Valerie attacks D. 12 ATK Dmg, Critical hit chance increased by 15%. C takes 20% increased damage for 3 turns (Innocuous Assault; Precision Incision 50%)
Kurio
Kurio

Back to top Go down

Post by Masquerade Thu Sep 24, 2015 6:25 pm

Target A takes 12 Dmg!

Target A OVERKILL!!

Target D takes 24 Dmg!

Target D OVERKILL!!

{ } { } { } { } { } A
{ } { } { } { } { } B
{ } { } { } { } { } C
{ } { } { } { } { } D
{H} { } { } { } { } E
{ } { } { } { } { } F
{ } { } { } {V} { } G
{ } { } { } { } { } H
{ } { } {I} { } { } I
{ } {Z} { } { } { } J
-1---2---3---4---5

All enemies have been defeated!
PRELUDE COMPLETE!!

EXPERIENCE:

+4 - Synapse x2 OVERKILL
+2 - Synapse x2
+2 - Player Phase completed less than 10
+2 - No Player Character KO

TOTAL EXP GAIN: 10

Ion: 0/12 --- 10/12
Next Level: 10/12

Zuzu: 0/12 --- 10/12

Valerie: 0/12 --- 10/12

Hazel: 0/12 --- 10/12

Honors Attained!

Ion: +2
Zuzu: +2
Valerie: +2
Hazel: +2

Samples found:

---Tentacle x2
---Brain Matter x2

Edit your profiles, please~ Update will come shortly.
Masquerade
Masquerade
Eternal Dreamer
Eternal Dreamer

Back to top Go down

Post by Masquerade Thu Sep 24, 2015 6:46 pm

As the last creature was decimated at the hands of the students, color filled the entrance hall once more and time was unfrozen. Everyone's powers had dissipated as if they had never been there, and the other students who were trapped in time moments earlier were going about their business as if nothing ever happened. They were completely unaware that a full battle had just taken place near them. They laughed and chattered idly, moving on from their places to get to their various destinations while more students entered the door to the academy.

Ion stood there looking at each of the people he just fought with. They all appeared so different from the other nameless students who carried on, blessed by the fact that they could not see these creatures. It was a burden or a curse or even both and Ion couldn't believe it. His first year at Rontzelle Academy might be his last. What if he had to keep fighting these creatures? Though they were weak, they were still fully capable of inflicting harm on beings. Did that only apply to people that could see them or could they hurt anyone? There were far more questions than there were answers, and he wasn't getting any just standing there.

Ion decided to walk up to the rather intimidating girl nearby. Glowing dildos? Ion would have laughed if the girl didn't appear so...well it just didn't seem like a great time to laugh. "I honor all the promises I make," he assured her.

"Hazel...you have a reputation here, don't you?" Yes, this was the terror that he was warned about in his first week at the academy, and he had born witness to her ferocity and the fear that everyone expressed when she was near. What exactly had she done to get such a reputation so quickly? This was her first year here too after all.
Masquerade
Masquerade
Eternal Dreamer
Eternal Dreamer

Back to top Go down

Post by Vergil Thu Sep 24, 2015 8:13 pm

The baleful, young inky-haired girl watched with piercing eyes as the boy approached her. Hazel twirled her finger playfully into a lock of her hair, like she was a spider waiting silently on its web for the next fly. Other students looked on in absolute dread and anxiety for fear of the boy's fate. Among them, one of the students reached for his bible to prepare reading passages for the last rites should it be necessary.The young boy assured Hazel that he would keep his word, though he had never said anything about it prior and Hazel had merely demanded it of him. He had guaranteed to it now though, and that was all that mattered to Hazel. "Good. I may need to call on it during a rainy day, so it may be in your best interest to make yourself available at a moment's notice," she advised. "Don't worry about it now, though."

The group of students were still watching in bewilderment. They couldn't hear what they were talking about, so they were wondering why Hazel hadn't eviscerated the boy in half yet. Hazel caught the group staring and shot back a heart-stopping glare. "THE FUCK ARE YOU SHITWICKS STARING AT?" her voiced thundered at them. "NOTHING TO SEE HERE, YOU SPERM NUGGETS. DISPERSE OR I'LL MAKE YOU ALL INTO A HUMAN TOTEM POLE."

"What the hell is a human totem pole?" asked one of the students.
"Shut up dude, I don't wanna find out," responded another as they fled from the scene.

The boy Hazel had been talking to had mentioned her name... and a reputation. "So people have been talking shit about me, huh?" she focused her attention back to the boy. "Figures..." She wasn't surprised that many people knew of her short-triggered temperament, but she had wondered which deed in particular cemented her sudden legacy. It could have been Richard of her history class. The story had become so popular it was referred to as "The Ballad of Poor Richard". Richard was a student who made a resolution to change himself to be a more confident individual. This year he had promised not to take shit from anyone... that was until the fateful morning in which he had met Hazel during a chair shortage. Richard had arrived in class one morning to find out his desk was missing a chair, and saw an empty desk with an available chair. Since nobody was sitting at the desk at the time, Richard thought it would have been okay for him to take the chair back to his desk so that he would have a seat for the class. Arriving late to the class was one Hazel Stirling, who walked over to her desk to find her seat missing.

She was outraged. Hazel demanded to find the culprit and got her answer quickly as every student in the class immediately pointed to Richard, signing away his fate to be crucified by her hands. Hazel angrily walked up to Richard and said that since he had taken her chair, she was going to make him her new chair, and ordered him to get on all fours so she would have a seat for the remainder of the class. Richard had refused and thought he could up the ante by insulting Hazel's piercings. Hazel grabbed a three-ring binder and forcefully snapped it into Richard's septum and then said, "Now who's got the stupid piercings?" Hazel brought Richard down on all fours and made a throne of him, yanking on the binder every time she felt like he was going to drop her. Ever since that day, Richard was made into Hazel's personal chair should she ever need one without refusal. Ever since that day, he became known as "Poor Richard". Ever since that day... people had been wondering "Where the hell was the teacher?". It might have been that incident that made Hazel known throughout the school... or it may have been the time she shoved the student in a wheelchair down the stairs, to which she justified, "Relax, I only hurt half of him. Not like his legs could feel it."

"Alright, so you know who I am," Hazel continued on to the boy. "Might as well tell me who you are. I like to know the names of people who owe me shit, anyway.
Vergil
Vergil
Void Sleeper
Void Sleeper

Back to top Go down

Post by Masquerade Sat Sep 26, 2015 2:58 pm

"My name's Ion Vurlei, not nearly as infamous as yourself," the boy said as he introduced himself. He didn't feel too scared. As notorious as Hazel was, she was nice enough to aid him and the others even if it cost him having to do her a favor. And with him in her debt, she probably wouldn't want too much harm to come to him so that he would be physically able to perform the favor when the time came. She assured him that it wouldn't be for a long while, but emergencies did arise and life was quite fond of throwing curve balls, the largest of which would be the ability to see and destroy strange monsters. That was a pretty big curve ball if there ever was one.

"People talk, but they always get what's coming to them, I think," Ion commented. Hazel had scared off a few onlookers which was probably for the best. Who would they be able to go to for assistance requiring this nonsense? It was like they were completely alone in the matter. Ion pulled out his cell phone, covered with a silver and black phone case, and hit the button. He didn't have any new messages but the time was what he was curious about. It was just a little past 8:30 now. He was late for Chemistry. It was probably best to just let it go. So far he was ahead in that class anyway. He was actually set to turn in the first report paper for the term two weeks early today, but there was plenty of time left. After everything that happened this morning, it was going to be hard to sit through another lecture on periodic elements and their attributes.
Masquerade
Masquerade
Eternal Dreamer
Eternal Dreamer

Back to top Go down

Post by Zerifachias Sat Sep 26, 2015 3:14 pm

Zuzu brushed off her skirt, though there was no dust on it. She was feeling a little better, somewhat. Now that she could rest, she felt...fine, actually. Zuzu expected to be reeling over in pain from having to exert so much energy. She glanced over herself to search for any signs of wear, and found none. Meanwhile the boy who helped her at the end and the other girl not wearing her uniform spoke to each other. Zuzu already knew the girl, everyone knew who Hazel was. Zuzu didn't care much for her, and the woman didn't really bother her, but Zuzu never gave her the chance to.

"Wait," Zuzu stopped for a moment, glancing towards the boy. Ion Vurlei, where did she know that name from? Somewhere in the deepest regions of her mind, Zuzu searched and searched and found...nothing. She knew a boy from waaaaay back in her past, when she was but a little girl. Still just as sickly, but smaller than she is now. "Ion, where are you from?" She asked, now very curious to know if this was the boy from her past. Her phone buzzed away in her pocket, but she ignored it. Skipping this first class would mean little to her - all her instructors knew that she was sickly, and she had "friends" who could give her their notes out of pity. She hated pity, but she needed to learn.
Zerifachias
Zerifachias
Totes-Mcgoats
Totes-Mcgoats

Back to top Go down

Post by Masquerade Wed Sep 30, 2015 6:35 pm

Hazel didn't respond right away which unnerved Ion just a tad, but another one of the girls spoke up.  She was the one with the bow.  She looked unwell.  Was she all right?  Wait, why did she seem so familiar?  She inquired about Ion's homeland so he didn't waste any time in answering.

"I'm from North Ronston.  A city in the province of Atterfield across the ocean in the country of Zeresen.  It's a really nice place if you don't mind a harsh winter," Ion answered with a warm smile but he was still quite confused.  What did it matter where he came from? He knew that some people were extremely racist of the Zeresians even though they hadn't really done anything wrong, save for lead the world in the industrial revolution and continued from there to lead everyone into the technological age. There was no surpassing Zeresen in terms of progress. But the economy wasn't that great. There was a huge class division that was being rectified but it was going to take a long time. Civil rights weren't exactly high on the priority list either. Ion loved his home, but he had to admit that the seemingly flawless Huervellund was a great change of pace.

"Why do you ask?"  That would get him the answers that he desired.
Masquerade
Masquerade
Eternal Dreamer
Eternal Dreamer

Back to top Go down

Post by Kurio Thu Oct 01, 2015 11:12 am

It was done, the monsters from her mind were eradicated and there seemed to be no more to bother her. The scalpels caked with the thick, disgusting black ooze dissipated without a trace. Good, she wouldn't have put those things back into her bag if they were the last tools she had. As she reached to zip up her bag she noticed the red stain left on her otherwise pure white uniform, a result of the cut on her finger no doubt. But that cut was made from her scalpel, which wasn't real. So why was the cut still there? And those people that helped in the fight, why were they still there?

Valerie took slow uncertain steps toward the group that had aided her in getting rid of the monsters and spoke with as much composure as she could muster, which was a surprisingly great amount. "You can see them? Those things I mean." Her question was mainly directed toward the raven-haired woman off the side, as the other two seemed occupied with their own conversation. They didn't seem bad, they helped her after all, but if they were still part of her mind then she had to be careful - she had learned that nothing good ever came from her mind, only monsters.
Kurio
Kurio

Back to top Go down

Post by Zerifachias Thu Oct 01, 2015 3:16 pm

Zuzu let a little smile cross her face. This is the boy from her past, but he does not remember her from her face alone. And of course he answers the question right away without a single moment of hesitation. He was, after all, the reason Zuzu got into so much trouble with her parents. She used to live in the same city, only a few doors away from him, until she moved away. Her parents went to a warmer climate and had to change jobs because her condition was getting worse. Zuzu doesn't have much memory of the winters there, only months of being bedridden every year during them.

"I'm from North Ronston too," Zuzu says, her smile growing a little. "I used to have play dates with a boy about my age a long time ago during the summers, and he would visit me in the winters when my sickness got worse. I remember my parents yelling at us one year when he took me outside to play in the snow. It was the first time I've ever done that and I still remember it to this day. But with my sickness getting worse, I had to move away from the boy. I didn't think I'd ever get to see him again."
Zerifachias
Zerifachias
Totes-Mcgoats
Totes-Mcgoats

Back to top Go down

Post by Masquerade Thu Oct 01, 2015 3:28 pm

As Ion listened to the girl talk about originating from the same town as him, which shocked him just on its own, his eyes grew wide as she mentioned a boy that she used to play with. There was no possible way. She had long since stopped talking but Ion was still in disbelief, his mouth slightly agape. Ion didn't have many friends as a child but he did have one that he cared about a great deal. She was a sickly thing and very easy to get along with. He enjoyed playing with her more than any other person he knew. He remembered hating how she disappeared in the winters; he made it a mission to go and see her as much as he could when she was bedridden. One time he took her out to play in the snow, but it didn't go very well. Her parents were madder as hell, but the look on her face was worth all the reprimand they could dish out.

"Zerunia, is that really you?!" Ion finally exclaimed after realizing that this was really happening. His long lost friend had returned to him. What a strange working of fate!

"I was afraid I wasn't ever going to see you again. When you moved, I feared it was all over. I understood why your parents left, but I missed you so much. I think I went without talking to anyone for months on end until I finally had to get a grip of myself and move on." Aside from the freaky monsters actually moving to assault him, this was turning out to be a great day.
Masquerade
Masquerade
Eternal Dreamer
Eternal Dreamer

Back to top Go down

Post by Sponsored content

Sponsored content

Back to top Go down

Page 1 of 4 1, 2, 3, 4  Next