Eternal Dream
Would you like to react to this message? Create an account in a few clicks or log in to continue.

CRISIS: Collapse of Existence

+4
CerberusLycan
Gist
Argentorum
Kurio
8 posters

Page 4 of 4 Previous  1, 2, 3, 4

Go down

CRISIS: Collapse of Existence - Page 4 Empty Re: CRISIS: Collapse of Existence

Post by Masquerade Tue Dec 22, 2015 10:32 pm

Iriadna takes 2 Dmg!

HP: 33/45

Alice's Divine Veil protects her next turn!

A Tranquil Rest mote appears at C7!

Prelude 01: Pretty Girls Have Thorns

Mission Objectives: Defeat the mysterious creature!

{-} {-} {-} {I} {-} {-} {-} {-} {-} A
{ } { } { } {I} { } { } { } {C} { } B
{ } {1} { } { } { } { } {T} { } { } C
{f} { } { } { } { } { } { } { } { } D
{f} { } { } { } {A} {L} { } { } { } E
{f} {2} { } { } { } { } { } { } { } F
-1---2---3---4---5---6---7---8---9-

The Tranquil Rest mote is active for 3 turns.

Conlin is Rooted for 1 more turn.

Conlin is Disabled for 1 more turn.

Enemy Phase.

Iriadne uses Grasp of the Void on Li!
[*]

Li no longer exists...

To level the playing field, the plant creature reached into its innermost power and summoned a pool of gray liquid beneath the feet of one of the students.  He struggled to get out of it but there was no escape.  He sank as if stuck in quicksand, and the harder he tried to break free, the faster it swallowed him until he was completely the gone, the liquid seeping into the ground and their ally never to be seen again.

Iriadna attacks Alice!  5 Dmg! (ATK) [Alice evades Bleeding]

With a whip of thorns, the plant creature lashed out at the human who so boldly stood her ground in front of her, but with minimal effect.

Iriadna waits.

{f} { } { } { } {A} { } { } { } { } E

Iriadna is Routed.

Player Phase 3!

Ariel
HP: 15/15
SB: 22/30
Atk: 1
Def: 2
Abs: 5
Per: 4
Agi: 2
Move: 2 cells

Alice
HP: 29/30
SB: 15/15
Atk: 4
Def: 5
Abs: 1
Per: 3

Conlin *ROOTED* *DISABLED*
HP: 13/15
SB: 25/25
Abs: 6

Iriadna (Garden Beauty) *ROUTED*
HP: 33/45
Atk: 5
Abs: 2
Per: 1
Agi: 7 --- 6
Move: 3 cells

Thorny Vine 1
HP: 10/10
Agi: 7
Move: 0 cells

Thorny Vine 2

{-} - Hedge
[No Occupy]

{f} - Fountain
[No Occupy]

"Aaaaaaaaayy noooooobs!  Your hero has arrived at last!"

A loud voice echoed through the garden but the source of it was unknown.  Far away in one of the garden's trees sat Deetra on a branch.  No one could see her with her cover.  She waved a hand causing a long sniper rifle to materialize, and she set it up so that she could take aim at the plant creature through her scope.  With the pull of a trigger, a muffled shot resounded through the area.  Her aim had been true.  This was going to be child's play.

"Make sho you takin' notes, noobies!!" the voice prodded at the students already fighting the creature.

Deetra attacks Iriadna!  13 Dmg! (ATK)

Deetra waits.

Last edited by Masquerade on Fri Jan 01, 2016 4:08 pm; edited 1 time in total
Masquerade
Masquerade
Eternal Dreamer
Eternal Dreamer

https://eternaldream.forummotion.com

Back to top Go down

Post by Silver Tue Dec 22, 2015 10:51 pm

The Tranquil Rest mote reverbates with serene silence...

Conlin cannot move or act! He recovers 2 HP and 4 SB

Electric blue sat unfazed as the attractive muscular boy melted into oblivion. "How unfortunate," the quiet boy mused, looking around between himself and the other two left to fight their foe and her tentacles. Between the three of them, it seemed they would stand much of a chance – even with his dull and vaguely useful supportive ability. "Seriously," he quipped out of frustration. How would they possibly–

Ariel's piercing eyes shifted as some bullet shattered the air and struck the plant bitch. A voice from nearby and yet so far away. The licentious student glanced to the trees none too far off; their so-called hero must have been sniping from afar. Well, so long as the girl with the shield in hand sponged up the damage for them they might just have this in the bag. "I suppose I best get into range then," he sighed, moving over to one of the vines which had sprouted up from the ground.

Ariel moves to E3!

Once more the trio of ethereal women clinging to him began to spasm as he stepped into position. They released a horrid cry and the vine seemed to shake in response. The plant did not fall. Nevertheless, Ariel smiled slightly. Perhaps his powers did not lend themselves to overtly offensive tactics, but no one could deny that he was able to get a job done. His eyes focused on the plant bitch and the other vine. If he could get them near enough to one another he might just be able to hit two birds with one stone.

A discordant harmony reverberates! Thorny Vine 2 is hit! 5 Abs Damage!
Silver
Silver
Prince of Dreams
Prince of Dreams

https://www.facebook.com/pages/Xavier-Rains/314656341904106

Back to top Go down

Post by Vergil Fri Dec 25, 2015 3:46 am

Hazel became exasperated and let out a sharp breath at the mentioning of the guidance counselor. Oh how she would rather be anywhere else but that lunatic's office. The faculty had sought an answer to her streak of miscreancy in the form of psychoanalytical "treatment" by setting up appointments for her to meet with the school guidance counselor. Hazel had already been given the honor of meeting Dr. Marcus Spasades a few days prior after a minor incident involving Hazel's harmless game of "How Many Dipshits Can I Jump Over With This Sweet-Ass Motorcycle?" Nobody knew where or how she ever acquired the motorcycle, or how she managed to get the entire mathlete club to "volunteer" to lay side by side between two ramps, but the important outcome was that: nobody got hurt due to her impressive record-breaking jump and the vehicle was properly commandeered and confiscated. Hazel would have been apt to skipping out on counselor visits as she had done with various classes, but the faculty made it clear that they would withhold her diploma - should she ever graduate, if she did not see Dr. Spasades on scheduled appointments.

She left the laboratory the way she came, and reluctantly arrived in the waiting room in front of the office. Behind the desk was a blonde-haired woman who was humming a happy tune to herself, that was until she saw Hazel. "Oh... you're here," the woman stated, sounding as prosaic and blunt as one could possibly sound. "I'll let him know." Pressing the call button on her desk, the woman leaned in toward the speaker and informed Dr. Spasades of Hazel's arrival. "Good, right on schedule," a voice responded back. "Send her in." The woman then looked back at Hazel. "Dr. Spasades will see you now," she affirmed. "Yeah, yeah, whatever," Hazel dismissed, opening the door to the office. Inside was Dr. Spasades, sitting in a brown leather reclining chair. "I'm so happy you could join me again today, Hazel," he expressed with a sincere smile on his face. "Please, have a seat." Dr. Spasades was not a man in his autumn years but his short, tapered hair was graying, and the nasolabial folds of his face had become quite defined. His voice was smooth and yet a little raspy, with a smoky, buttery inflection to it. He dressed in a sharp, black blazer over a broad dress shirt, and a pair of brown corduroy pants. His office was a simple room, if not almost identical to what one would expect in a counselor's office. The walls and floor may have kept its consistency with the motif of every other standard room in the academy, but in the corner sat a small coffee table on which an iron incense  bowl was placed upon. Though it was currently burned out, the lingering aroma of lilac was still permeating the room. In the other corner was Dr. Spasade's desk, only equipped with a wired pager and a small desktop computer. On the wall directly behind the desk was a large framed photograph depicting a younger Dr. Spasades wearing the same exact outfit he had on now while standing next to a woman with long, wavy hair and whose eyes were covered by a shadow. The photograph was perhaps the strangest decoration in the room for even though the picture taken in black and white, there was color in the form of the woman's contrasting red lips. Everything in the photo was in grayscale, except for her lips.

Music: Contact
Spoiler:

Hazel sat down in the chaise lounge chair opposite to Dr. Spasades and projected a bored and irritated look. "Let's just get this over with, Dr. Space AIDS," she asserted. "It's actually pronounced 'Spuh-saw-dees'," Dr. Spasades corrected with a little laugh. "Let's see here... Miss... Hazel... Christine... Stirling. Hm. Christine. I rather like that name. Do you mind if I refer to you by your middle name?"
"Good God, please don't."
"Well alright then, Hazel. I'd say 'let's get down to business' but I don't really like thinking of this as work. I quite enjoy this profession, you see. Now, last time you were here you ate all the complimentary chocolate turtles and fell asleep for the entire session."
"What? They were complimentary. That means I could have them right?"
"Well yes, but they were more for every-"
"Speakin' of which, you got any more of them? Shit was good stuff."
"No."
"Damn."
"That aside, I was hoping we could make some actual progress today. Now, I get the feeling that you don't want to be here."
"Well fuck, you get a doctorate for your detective skills, too?"
"I certainly don't want to keep you here if you don't want to be."
"Then why not just let me leave? Sure as hell would save us both the trouble."
"Well I can't do that. You see I have to report to Headmaster Gorren on your progress to have him know you're regularly attending these appointments and resolving any... issues you may have that's causing you to act so negatively towards your fellow students and the hardworking faculty here at the academy. I can't just lie and say you've been here if you haven't. They would catch on if you were seen around during your appointments and if your behavior didn't show improvement. Plus... I don't really like being dishonest."
"Ho boy."
"Now it may be a little easier for you if you try not to look at this as some chore or inconvenience. After all, this is for your benefit. Most importantly, it doesn't cost you a single cent and you get a little time off between classes. Most worker unions would kill for this kind of opportunity."
"Lucky me."
"Quite. Now then, I promise you that this will be quite different from what you'd see at a standard psychiatrist. No notes, no theories, no drugs... I'll work with your own pace and we'll take this step by step if need be."
"No drugs? Booooooring."
"Why don't I start by asking what may be bothering you. Are your classes too difficult? Trouble at home?"
"I ain't talkin'."
"That's a pity. I can't help you if you don't tell me what's wrong."
"Maybe I don't wanna talk about it. Guess we'll just be sitting here for a long time."
"Hazel, I don't want to be the reason keeping you from graduating and moving on to the bright future I know you can have. Just give this a try, perhaps you may find yourself a little happier in life when we get through this."
"I'm just having a hard time trying to figure out why the hell anybody would want to be a psychiatrist in the first place. Just what would possess you to sit in a chair and try to pick peoples' brains all day for a living?"
"Well I for one happen to love everyone-"
"Ha! Gay!"
"-And I believe everyone should learn to love themselves. After serving so many years in the military, I just kind of got tired of yelling at people all the time. My commanding officer..."

Dr. Spasades turned and placed a heartfelt gaze upon the framed photograph.

"That's her. During the war she told me about her dreams of helping people come to terms with who they are and become better for it. It really hit home. Inspired me. After the war was over we both attended university and got our degrees to become certified in our fields. I wanted to be a part of this school so I could help kids understand themselves a little better to make their transition into adulthood somewhat easier. Adolescence truly is the most baffling and overwhelming phase for a young mind, after all. I do wonder what my commanding officer is up to, nowadays... probably off in the big city somewhere in an office like mine."
"Ugh. You're puttin' me to sleep."
"Well we could always go back to trying to figure out what makes you so angry."
"Sure, we'll get back on schedule. How about we start at um... how's a quarter past 'not happening' sound?"
"I see... Well, I'd like you to know a few days ago I had a little talk with your mother over the phone-"
"You did what?"
"Nice lady, really. But very busy. I actually had to get by her secretary before I could arrange a call with her. She told me quite a few interesting things - not entirely about you, but some things I believe would help me out here."
"Where are you going with this?"
"Your mother informed me that your family has their very own team of personal chefs that prepare you meals everyday at home. I'm actually envious, it's a luxury I could never hope to dream of on my salary. Your family must be quite wealthy. Anyway, your mother did allow me to have a word with the head chef, Mr. Sergio. A very passionate and yet strict man; I can tell he takes pride in his work. He taught me his own personal spin on a recipe. Speaking of which... it's lunch time isn't it? Pardon me, I will be back shortly."

He then got up from his seat and left the office, returning a few seconds later with a plate filled with seared tuna sushi, and sat back down in his seat, eyeing every detail of it. Hazel's eyes widened in horror.

"That's my..."
"Favorite dish? Why, I had no idea. I made it a few minutes ago before you came in, and I can't wait to eat it. I've hung on to every word of Mr. Sergio's instructions to make sure I had I prepared it to the most exact specifications. Only the highest grade of tuna with the perfect amount of pepper and crushed sesame seeds... a custom seasoning blend, painstakingly marinated with sesame seed oil and coconut oil. I actually purchased my own bamboo rolling mat for this. Well worth it, I'd say."
"Put that away!"
"Oh, Hazel, you're still here? My sincerest apologies, I was just lost in this plate of sushi. It's so very delicate... so very enticing. You haven't eaten yet, have you? Silly question, lunch period has only just begun. Would be a shame if I had to eat every last piece in front of you. Would you care for some?"
"N-No..."

Hazel's stomach grumbled loudly, exposing the lie in a heartbeat. A glint practically sparkled in the corner of Dr. Spasade's eye.

"No? Well okay then. I guess I'll just start-"
"What do you want..."
"What do I want? Why, I have no idea what you're talking about, Hazel. I'm just a simple man enjoying the pleasure of fine cuisine in my cozy office. Who said anything about wanting someth-"
"WHAT DO YOU WANT FOR THE FUCKING SUSHI."
"Oh... Well... I only want what I would hope you would want, and that is for you to be happy, Hazel. Maybe if I understood you better, I could help make that happen. Would you mind... telling me a bit about yourself?"
"...What do you want to know?"
"Why don't we start a little simpler this time. How are your parents? What are they like?"
"I can't fucking stand them."
"Mhm? I actually hear that a lot, but I'm more interested in learning the reason why. They are your parents, Hazel. Why do you have such a dislike for them?"
"Because they're trying to run my life, and I don't mean a damn thing to them."
"I'm sure that can't certainly be the case. They must care about you a lot and only have your best interests for you, even if it their methods may seem a bit harsh at times."
"You wouldn't know... they're fucking scum."
"I see... I think I have a good idea what questions to ask from now on in these sessions. Don't worry, this will just be between us... and the headmaster. But pay that no mind, he only needs to know so that he may help accomodate to any specific needs you may have in regards to necessary precautions of this entire experience."
"Can I have the sushi now?"
"Yes. It's all yours. Feel free to have the entire plate if you wish and you may leave when you are done. I'll inform the headmaster that you have attended today."

Hazel shamelessly snatched the entire dish and devoured it clean, and then stormed out of the office. Dr. Spasades walked over to his desk and hit the button on the wired pager. "Headmaster Gorren. I believe I am off to a tremendous start concerning our situation with Hazel Stirling. Continue to send her regularly as scheduled. By the way... she took my entire lunch. Would you mind sending me something from the cafeteria?"

Making her way to the nearest restroom, Hazel barged in through the door and made sure nobody was around. As soon as she was sure there wasn't a single soul nearby she delivered a swift punch to the mirror, shattering it into thousands of shards. "YOU FUCKING SLUT!" she screamed. "SELLING YOURSELF OUT FOR A FUCKING PLATE OF SUSHI? ARE YOU SERIOUS?! YOU'RE WEAK! I CAN'T BELIEVE YOU! That fucking asshole... calling my mother and using that against me? That's dirty pool. He... he won't get me like that again. I'll be prepared, next time... just he fucking wait. I can't let him know... can't let anyone know."

She took a deep breath and walked out into the hall where it looked like a familiar figure was waiting for her.

CRISIS: Collapse of Existence - Page 4 401e362a91"Good talk in there?"
CRISIS: Collapse of Existence - Page 4 D5af1d5e6e"You again? Are you following me? Do I have to fucking scream?"
CRISIS: Collapse of Existence - Page 4 401e362a91"Sounds like you already did in there. Nah, this is just one of stops before I head out to tend to other matters. I just thought I'd check up on you. See how you were doing. By the looks of it, I'd say you're pretty dandy."
CRISIS: Collapse of Existence - Page 4 D5af1d5e6e"Real fuckin' funny. Why don't you do me a favor and fly off the roof like your tape deck?"
CRISIS: Collapse of Existence - Page 4 401e362a91"Oh yeah, still kinda miffed you did that by the way, but I'll get over it."
CRISIS: Collapse of Existence - Page 4 D5af1d5e6e"Ugh, I am not in the mood for this. Just who the hell are you anyway?"
CRISIS: Collapse of Existence - Page 4 401e362a91"Good question. Just who are we in this confusing existence we call life? I think about that everyday."
CRISIS: Collapse of Existence - Page 4 D5af1d5e6e"My God, can you just leave?"
CRISIS: Collapse of Existence - Page 4 401e362a91"Yeah. Sure. But we'll be seeing each other again real soon, I'm sure. You hang in there, dollface."

The man waved and walked off, disappearing around the corner. Hazel sat down on a bench and buried her forehead into her palms with a groan.

CRISIS: Collapse of Existence - Page 4 D5af1d5e6e"This was supposed to be my day off and I have to put up with this shit. I need a fucking drink."
Vergil
Vergil
Void Sleeper
Void Sleeper

Back to top Go down

Post by Gist Sun Dec 27, 2015 3:20 pm

Alice heard a gunshot come from behind her, feeling the wind blow as the bullet sped past her and enter the collection of vines and thorns. She wasn't sure if the plant creature had reacted to the gunshot, but Alice sure would. Was someone shooting at her? She reeled around looking for the source of the gunshot, hearing taunting words of being called noobs and being told to take notes. Normally, such behavior wouldn't have made much of a difference to Alice, but she was just shot at. What kind of person would have the nerve to point a live gun at a person and fire?! She couldn't see the source of the gunshot or the voice that held the gun either, so all she could do was click her teeth and turn towards the plant creature once again.

Unceremoniously brandishing her shield, she charged forth the short distance between herself and the large plant creature until there was a THWACK! of the thick metal hitting the front of the monster. Just like last time, she didn't suspect that it would do much to the thing. Frowning, Alice turned towards the boy she met from earlier, the one she had run into by mistake. "Hey! Are you okay?" Alice didn't really have a way of knowing whether or not the plant monster had done any real damage to him unless he said something.

[Alice basic attacks Iriadne! 4 ATK Dmg!
Alice is blessed with Divine Veil!
Damage from Iriadne is reduced by 15% during the next Enemy Phase!
Alice waits...]
Gist
Gist
Full Eight Hours
Full Eight Hours

Back to top Go down

Post by CerberusLycan Sun Dec 27, 2015 9:25 pm

Conlin is unable to Act or Move.

Green eyes flashed with panic and grew wide as they observed one of the students nearby become enveloped in a desolate quicksand that looked like a portal to purgatory. Conlin was helpless but to stare at the boy as the ground swallowed him, a slow process that was completed before anyone could react. When he finally processed what had happened, his first thought was concern for himself-- what if that happened to him? He was the next logical target, incapable of moving or attempting to escape from any further attacks as was his current situation. It was a wonder he hadn't been the victim this time. If he didn't wrestle free of the vines which ensnared him, and soon, he realized, he was remaining vulnerable in a place where being vulnerable could get you killed in an instant. His legs and arms were tugging and jerking against their reins before he even finished the thought, such was his desperation.

The resounding echo of a sniper rifle made his head snap away from his current activity. After getting a glance at the bullet's victim and hearing the loud voice speaking to them from a distance in the vicinity, Conlin recognized it was help. A small relief, but a relief nonetheless, especially in the odd and dire circumstance Conlin found himself in. He barely noticed the other students as they moved around what had become a battlefield, absorbed with the task of struggling free from his captivity as he was. A question from the girl with the shield grabbed his attention; "Hey! Are you okay?"

Conlin grunted from exertion as he felt the vines give some, thanks to his efforts. "What does it look like?" he barked in response, the frustration of his situation evident in his tone. "I'll live. I think you have more pressing concerns right now," he continued, nodding at the floral enemy. The teenager gritted his teeth as he tried to lean down and rip a cluster of the strangling weeds away from his leg. Anger dripping from his lips, he whispered to himself, "Why the fuck is this happening?"

Last edited by CerberusLycan on Sun Jan 03, 2016 10:22 am; edited 1 time in total
CerberusLycan
CerberusLycan
Sleep-Deprived Zombie
Sleep-Deprived Zombie

Back to top Go down

Post by Masquerade Fri Jan 01, 2016 4:13 pm

Iriadna takes 13 Dmg!

HP: 20/45

Alice's Divine Veil protects her next turn!

Thorny Vine 2 takes 4 Dmg!

HP: 6/10

{f} { } {A} { } { } { } { } { } { } E

The Tranquil Rest mote is active for 2 more turns.

Conlin is no longer Rooted.

Conlin is no longer Disabled.

Enemy Phase.

Iriadna uses Thorny Vine 1 to whip Ariel!  5 Dmg! (ATK) [Ariel evades Bleeding]

Iriadna uses Thwack with Thorny Vine 2!  Hits Ariel!  6 Dmg! (ATK)

Thorny Vine 2 is unusable next turn!

Iriadna moves to A2.

Iriadna is no longer Routed!

The Conduit is destroyed!

Iriadna is damaged by Callous Disconnect!  3 Piercing Dmg! [Iriadna evades Stun]

HP: 17/45

{-} {I} {-} {-} {-} {-} {-} {-} {-} A

Player Phase 4!

Ariel
HP: 8/15

Alice
HP: 29/30
SB: 15/15

Conlin

Iriadna (Garden Beauty)
HP: 17/45

Thorny Vine 1

Thorny Vine 2
HP: 6/10

{-} - Hedge
[No Occupy]

{f} - Fountain
[No Occupy]

"Tha's more like it, yeeeaaaaah!!" Deetra offered her encouragement to the struggling operatives-to-be.  They seemed to be shaping up a bit more, with her help of course.  She lined up another shot and took it.  Of course it didn't miss.

Deetra attacks Iriadna!  13 Dmg! (ATK) [Sure Hit]

Deetra waits.

Last edited by Masquerade on Fri Mar 25, 2016 12:03 pm; edited 2 times in total
Masquerade
Masquerade
Eternal Dreamer
Eternal Dreamer

Back to top Go down

Post by Silver Fri Jan 01, 2016 4:36 pm

The Tranquil Rest mote reverbates with serene silence...

Ariel shivered in antici – the first vine struck him quickly followed by the second – pation. The womanly trio that surrounded him seemed to vibrate in reaction to the slight moan he exhaled. Electric blue eyes settled on the plant bitch. "That was nice," he whispered, allowing the trio to swirl around him protectively, "but I think you've forgotten who I am." Once more he caused the vine to shake as the women released yet another horrid cry. Ariel's gaze did not shift. "I'm rarely the submissive one."

A discordant harmony reverberates! Thorny Vine 2 is hit! 5 Abs Damage!

Ariel moves to E5!
Silver
Silver
Prince of Dreams
Prince of Dreams

Back to top Go down

Post by CerberusLycan Tue Mar 01, 2016 12:42 am

Conlin moves to B6 (B8 - B7 - B6).

Conlin waits...

Heaving a breath as he disentangled himself from the vines, at long last, Conlin glanced back and watched as his former restraints shriveled up into the earth. His heart was racing-- he could feel it pounding in his chest, and could feel his limbs trembling with adrenaline and anxiety. Instinct told him loudly to run away, and he had to resist the temptation to simply follow its command, without really knowing why he hesitated. Not a minute before, he had seen what this creature could do, and for all he knew, there was nothing stopping it from doing the same to him. That could be the end of his life, determined in an instant. He didn't feel guilty for being scared; it was his life, for fuck's sake! How could he even entertain a thought contrary to running away? He'd have to be an idiot; a fool so great that he deserved to die.

He told himself this, but didn't actually listen. His feet were concreted to the ground, unable to carry out the impulse to flee, but he didn't know why. Another sniper round pierced the battlefield, and the floral abomination assaulted one of his fellow students, and he didn't know why. The girl with the shield was still there in the thick of the fight, and the other boy was still in his early grave, and Conlin didn't know why. The dark-haired teenager remained where he was, in the midst of a battle he hadn't known was possible, risking his entire life each second he lingered there, and he couldn't fathom why. He couldn't bring himself to understand his own reasoning, but found himself walking forward regardless.

A violent shiver swept across his body as he advanced toward their foe ever so cautiously, but his eyes and body language expressed something unbeknownst to his conscious mind. Dwelling in his movements, hesitant but decisive as they were, and in his gaze, more daring and involved than he had ever let it be, was grim curiosity. A hope the soul reluctantly allowed itself, to be shown a reality where things were more controllable-- to be given capabilities that made tailoring fate and destiny possible. The waking mind would not let itself be fooled into believing the world was quite so goodly as this, but the soul ventured to dream. And caught between them was Conlin.
CerberusLycan
CerberusLycan
Sleep-Deprived Zombie
Sleep-Deprived Zombie

Back to top Go down

Post by Gist Tue Mar 08, 2016 9:41 am

Alice winced when another shot was fired towards the plant monster. She could feel the heat of the round as it whizzed by her head. Just who was this person that was shooting at her? While thankful for the assistance being provided to them, if the mysterious markswoman had misaimed by just a few feet, she could be lying on the ground dead. Letting out a small growl of irritation, Alice whipped around again to try and find the source of the shots, but to no avail. "Where is that coming from?!" It was only then that Alice realized that there were others in this bloody battle than herself and the boy she had run into earlier. A ways away from the main beast, Alice had forgotten that there was another feminine-looking student clad in what seemed to be... spectral women? "Whoa... That's so pretty..." As Alice looked on at the feminine student clothed in that otherworldly light, she couldn't be grasped to look away from it. So she wasn't the only one that had suddenly gotten control of something weird out of the middle of nowhere. Unlike her shield though, this student's power actually seemed like something formidable... as if she was just completely useless.

She shook her head. This wasn't the time to be thinking about that sort of thing. Right now, there were more important matters to be dealing with, and most importantly making sure that she got out alive, as well as the other two students that were with her. Maybe she didn't know how to effectively wield something like a shield, but she would damn well try before giving up and dying. After what seemed to be an eternity, Laptop Boy had finally deigned to give her an answer. "What does it look like? I'll live. I think you have more pressing concerns right now." What in the world kind of attitude was that to have in the middle of a life or death situation? Geez, this guy was just rude.

"Hmph! See if I give a crap about how you're doing anymore. Try and be nice to someone and this is the thanks I get. Ungrateful little..." No. This boy wasn't worth getting upset over. There were more important things to be dealing with here. "Look, just stand behind me Laptop Boy. I'll make sure you don't get hurt." Bringing her shield protectively in front of her, Alice quickly moved back in front of the large plant monster to intercept anything that might hurt her charge. "If you want to hurt Laptop Boy, you've got to get through me first!" A fierce look glowed in her eyes as a slim, golden tether formed between Alice's core and Laptop Boy's. She wouldn't let anything get past her, no matter what it took. Her composure was degrading as the tether took form, but as long as no one else got hurt, that's all that mattered.

[Alice moves to B2! (B4 -> B3 -> B2)
Alice uses Deft Reflection on Conlin (B6)! [SB: 7/15]
Alice covers Conlin!
Conlin is Covered for 3 Turns!
Damage Stored: 0
Alice waits...]
Gist
Gist
Full Eight Hours
Full Eight Hours

Back to top Go down

Post by Masquerade Fri Mar 25, 2016 12:39 pm

Iriadna takes 11 Dmg!

HP: 6/45

Thorny Vine 2 takes 4 Dmg!

HP: 2/10

The Tranquil Rest mote is active for 1 more turn.

Alice is Covering [Conlin] for 3 turns.

Conlin is Covered [Alice] for 3 turns.

Enemy Phase.

Iriadna uses Thorn Barrage on Alice! 4 hits! 4 Dmg per hit! (ATK) [Alice evades Poison]

Iriadna waits.

Player Phase 5!

Ariel
HP: 8/15

Alice *COVERING [CONLIN]*
HP: 25/30
SB: 7/15

Conlin *COVERED [ALICE]*

Iriadna (Garden Beauty) *CRITICAL*
HP: 6/45

Thorny Vine 1

Thorny Vine 2 *CRITICAL*
HP: 2/10

{-} - Hedge
[No Occupy]

{f} - Fountain
[No Occupy]

"FINALLY, the bullet that'll make it bite the dust!" Deetra shouted as she lined up her final shot. With the mere pulling of a trigger and the release of a bullet that would not miss, the plant creature gave off a horrible screech before disintegrating into nothingness along with the little thorny vines that had accompanied it that Deetra knew were a part of the main creature itself.

"Oh there is nothing beautiful about a Garden Beauty."

Deetra attacks Iriadna! 13 Dmg! (ATK) [Sure Hit]

Deetra waits.

Iriadna takes 11 Dmg!

Iriadna KO!

{-} {-} {-} {-} {-} {-} {-} {-} {-} A
{ } { } { } { } { } { } {T} { } { } C
{f} { } { } { } { } { } { } { } { } F

The mysterious creature has been defeated!
PRELUDE COMPLETE!!

EXPERIENCE:

+6 - Garden Beauty x1
+2 - Player Phase completed less than 10
+2 - No Player Character KO

TOTAL EXP GAIN: 10

Ariel: 0/12 --- 10/12
Next Level: 10/12

Alice: 0/12 --- 10/12

Conlin: 0/12 --- 10/12

Deetra: 0/48 --- 10/48
Next Level: 10/48

Honors attained!

Ariel: +3
Alice: +3
Conlin: +3
Deetra: +4

Samples found:

---Thorny Vine x2

Edit your profiles, please~ Update will come shortly.
Masquerade
Masquerade
Eternal Dreamer
Eternal Dreamer

Back to top Go down

Post by Masquerade Fri Mar 25, 2016 10:27 pm

FINALLY, it was safe to get out of the tree. Deetra Lowell dropped down from a high branch of a pretty tall tree in the garden, her sniper rifle disappearing from sight as she landed. Color returned to the world in that instant. Deetra never cared for Huuntz's Monochrome all that much except for the fact that it was useful as hell. Deetra sauntered over to the newbies who looked rather shaken up from the events, granted who wouldn't be after seeing that shit?! Deetra remembered fondly of her first encounter with a Rietzen and how she just loosed round after round until the thing was Swiss cheese. Guess not everyone had it as easy as she did.

Deetra came to a stop near the noobs and sized them up, taking off her bandana to reveal a mess of curly black hair that went to her shoulders. "Hey fresh meat! Name's Deetra and it looks like you guys went through some SHIET, like DAMN. Wannut some otha guy with ya? Some oriental like fella that looked like he could Bruce Lee a motha fucka? I musta missed that shit when I was eatin' some chocolate."

In the main administrative building on the top floor of a three-story building was an office that spanned just about the entirety of the floor. Inside this office sat a large man in a fairly large desk chair made of wood with red velvet cushioning on the back, seat, and armrests. The mighty oak desk in front of him was covered in paperwork burying a large planning calendar. A white porcelain mug filled with steaming coffee, black naturally, sat to the side next to an organizer for paperwork, each shelf labeled with a different time of form that was supposed to go in it. On the mug was printed "Best Headmaster."

The office itself was marble like the rest of the majority of the school. The walls were covered in plaques and certificates, degrees and awards of many natures. Several large weapons could be found on display as well next to cabinet cases with more trophies, awards, and photos. There was plenty of memorabilia from the large man's past in this room--he was a sucker for reminiscing, and oh how peaceful the old days were.

Before the large desk were two smaller chairs that looked just as comfortable as the man's desk chair. They were polished oak chairs with charming round red cushions on them--seats for his guests. They were empty now, but an alert came from a speaker resting on the corner of his desk with a few buttons attached. The voice of Dr. Spasades came over detailing the progress on recently recruited Hazel Stirling.

The man placed a large finger on a green, unlabeled button allowing a heavy deep voice to chuckle out of the speaker on Dr. Spasades's end. "It is unfortunate to hear, Dr. Spasades. Congrats on the great start; Hazel Stirling is a tough customer, I'm sure I don't have to tell you," a gruff warm response came soon after the chuckle. "I'll have some food sent to you immediately, Dr. Spasades. Keep up the great work."

"Ooo it's Hazel Stirling! Yikes, looking a little worse for wear it seems," a cheerful voice sounded from not too far away from the bench on which Hazel had sat. The girl approached with a concerned look on her face, wearing a standard school uniform with surprisingly few alterations save for a few non-standard buttons on her jacket showing her love for art. She also wore a maroon beret upon her head, covering most of her short pixie cut orange hair. Her white face was dotted with freckles, and vibrant blue eyes gazed at Hazel. The girl was short, at least quite a few inches shorter than Hazel.

"Oh, oh apologies! Gwen Glaslen, at your service! Fellow Rontzelle operative and rising star artist," Gwen introduced herself. She knew Hazel's reputation was...well, she knew what it was, but she was unfazed at the moment. Her operative status would be enough to save her from any...violent consequences of engaging this girl.

"I think I found you at the perfect time! You look a little down; I have an interesting proposition for one such as yourself," Gwen continued in a hushed voice. "It's a little...uncouth, if you will. Will you hear me out?"
Masquerade
Masquerade
Eternal Dreamer
Eternal Dreamer

Back to top Go down

Post by Silver Sat Mar 26, 2016 6:12 pm

Ariel exhaled calmly as the monochrome hues faded from existence along with the trio of ethereal figures that surrounded him. He blinked. "That was certainly... odd." Despite the plant bitch's disappearance and the image of his power fading, he could still feel the presence. Thorny vines remained to mark their foe's existence and the power... he could feel it radiating inside of him – airy tunes and soft melodies. Had it not bored him so he would have thought it to be quite beautiful.

"Hey fresh meat! Name's Deetra and it looks like you guys went through some SHIET, like DAMN. Wannut some otha guy with ya? Some oriental like fella that looked like he could Bruce Lee a motha fucka? I musta missed that shit when I was eatin' some chocolate."

Electric blue locked onto their savior's dark mirror-like eyes. His lips twitched downward as she mentioned his former target. The boy had been eliminated. Such a shame. Especially since it left Ariel with no one else to play with! Perhaps this Deetra could prove to be entertaining for awhile. Smoothing out the microscopic frown that formed on his face, the stoic boy moved over to the girl and offered her a smile. His eyes sparkled in the light. "My name is Ariel. Ariel Tuvlann. Thank you for the assistance," the tone of his voice crisp and his words well-enunciated. "Your aim is impeccable. I suppose I'm quite lucky to have you on my side." He paused a moment and offered her his hand. "Perhaps you could stay there? I always seem to find myself in sticky situations."
Silver
Silver
Prince of Dreams
Prince of Dreams

Back to top Go down

Post by Vergil Thu Apr 07, 2016 10:22 pm

"Fucking hell why is everyone trying to talk to me today? Ughhhhhhh," the young pariah of the school groaned. The idea of putting up with this on a daily basis was becoming anathema to Hazel. For a day off, Hazel never seemed to be busier, as where she could have been off wreaking havoc among innocents in her general vicinity, she instead had to deal with Dr. Space AIDS and the weirdo whose tape deck she hurled. Now there was this - some girl who was so pale she must have used flour for makeup.

The beret she wore and the buttons pinned on her jacket were mistaken for different attire by Hazel. "Unless you're giving Thin Mints for free, I'm not interested in your Goddamn Girl Scout cookies," she sassed. Despite being irritated for the majority of the day, Hazel's violent aggression wasn't on the hair trigger it normally was; being defeated by Dr. Spasades had surely made a lasting impact. Were this any other day, the delinquent girl would have probably made this Gwen person a target for her daily terrorizing, but she just wasn't feeling it right now. At most she could only find it in her to muster a simple "fuck off" where it would need to be applied.
Vergil
Vergil
Void Sleeper
Void Sleeper

Back to top Go down

Post by Gist Sun May 15, 2016 11:06 pm

Alice was panting from exhaustion as she released her hold of the shield. Instead of clanging on the ground, though, it seemed to dissipate into thin air, not to be seen. Casting the tether had taken a toll out of her and she was trying to recover from the amount of energy that she had spent. If this Deetra woman hadn't come to their rescue at the time she had, they probably would have never been able to emerge victorious. Color was seeping back into the world and her apprehension from the battle before was also similarly seeping away, and it was being replaced with tiredness. Repositioning herself and shifting her weight, Alice sized Deetra up, trying to see what exactly had been able to save them from this "sticky situation" as the effeminate boy named Ariel had mentioned.

She hadn't even noticed that Ariel and this other person had also been in this battle; her, Laptop Boy, and the giant plant monster had been the focus on her world. Was it heartless to admit that? Perhaps, but she was more focused on keeping herself and that boy alive. It was the self-preservation instinct acting at its finest. Alice looked between Ariel, Laptop Boy, and Deetra. This was such an odd occurrence. Hopefully there wouldn't be more situations with a lack of color and lots of monsters. Battling wasn't something that she was comfortable with, though as she had demonstrated, it was definitely possible to do.

"I'm sorry, I didn't even know that you and someone else were here other than myself and Laptop Boy over there." Alice casually motioned over towards the boy that she had protected during the battle, looking back towards Ariel. "It's nice to meet you Ariel," Alice looked towards Deetra, struggling not to fall from exhaustion, "and you as well, Deetra. Thank you for coming to our rescue. I don't know what I could have done without you."
Gist
Gist
Full Eight Hours
Full Eight Hours

Back to top Go down

Post by CerberusLycan Sun Jun 12, 2016 4:03 pm

It all seemed to end just as he had begun feeling ready to begin. In one moment, the girl with the shield had advanced towards the floral abomination while shouting back at him to stand behind her. A strange, ethereal tether formed between them then, marking another phenomena that Conlin couldn't explain. In the next moment, a final sniper round rang out, declaring the monster dead and their conflict over. Before Conlin could even process it, the colors in the environment returned, and the girl's shield was gone, as well as the other boy's kindred spirits. An inexplicable sense of disappointment had overcome Conlin then; he hadn't been able to do anything. Whether this was truly reality or all merely a dream, in that span of time he had had access to a power. And he had failed to take advantage of it. Did that mean he didn't really deserve it in the first place?

He couldn't keep up with any of it. The marksman who had assisted them-- perhaps even saved their lives-- came down from her perch and introduced herself, but Conlin could barely bring himself to really notice this. His mind was too busy trying to answer questions, and running itself in circles each time it had to decide it didn't have any answers. The auburn-haired boy reciprocated the black girl's greeting, but it just sent more questions spiraling into Conlin's consciousness; how could he behave so casually? Was everyone else here used to stuff like this? Did he deserve his power? When the other girl spoke up, Conlin couldn't help but start thinking about her, too. Why did she try and protect him? Were they connected somehow?

All too much. He couldn't actually feel anything. Hands shoved in pockets, his feet began moving without his brain knowing. Right past the others, and around the rows of shrubbery, and beneath the brilliant sky, he walked listlessly. It seemed he was heading for the other side of the gardens; his legs were attempting to carry him to his next scheduled class, and right back into the mundane mechanisms of the world.
CerberusLycan
CerberusLycan
Sleep-Deprived Zombie
Sleep-Deprived Zombie

Back to top Go down

Post by Masquerade Sat Mar 18, 2017 8:11 pm

Gwen was visibly taken aback, eyes wide with surprise. How did Hazel Sterling know she was a Girl Scout?! Could it be that this dense delinquent was actually smarter and more perceptive than was rumored? Gosh that made her awfully dangerous then. Gwen tried her best to recompose herself. She needed to appear unfazed and so far she was failing. Time to get right back on track then.

"I'll have you know, Hazel, that it is not cookie-selling season," Gwen replied matter-of-factly, crossing her arms in discontent before pulling her beige canvas tote in front of her and opening the cover to reveal an assortment of cans of...spray paint. There was a plethora of colors to choose from. Some of the cans had cracked lids and painted exteriors portraying use while others were brand spanking new.

"I know vandalism might be low tier for a delinquent of your caliber, HOWEVER, this little tagging spree is going to yield some delightful results in the form of physical action," Gwen cooed as she grinned evilly. "Hey, I might look frail but I can handle my Crisis Calling just fine, thank you. Anywhooo, just wanted to offer the opportunity to you first especially since you looked so down. Why not get your mind off of what's bothering you? Like gosh, you look so defeated!"
Masquerade
Masquerade
Eternal Dreamer
Eternal Dreamer

Back to top Go down

Post by Zerifachias Sat Mar 18, 2017 8:36 pm

Zerunia scratched her head. "This is a lot to take in," she said, a little sheepish. She liked getting to the point of things and asking questions, but this really was a lot of stuff. Maybe because it was all so new to her. "I think I understand now, though. There seems to be different types of Crisis Callings, as you've so named them. Ion and I have combative types, while you and Professor Collins have a supportive type."

Zuzu wiggled her nose a little bit and brushed back her hair. "How limited are these powers, exactly? I mean, you mentioned that using special soul-powers drains our strength before. Becoming, or rather unbecoming ourselves. That's....not ordinary death, is is? How do we know where our limits are? What if I try to use these powers for the first time and it ends up killing me? How do I know that won't happen?"
Zerifachias
Zerifachias
Totes-Mcgoats
Totes-Mcgoats

Back to top Go down

Post by Vergil Sun Mar 19, 2017 5:04 pm

Hazel pressed her fingers to her face, and sounded off an unamused scoff. "You've got some balls, you know that?" She responded vacantly. "You come to me, asking me to do some weak-ass pussy shit like spray-painting, and for what? You think tagging a wall with the words 'Vergil's Pop Filter' is enough to hang with the likes of me? Puh-leaze. You're going to have to be more hardcore than that to impress me. I bet the worst thing you've ever done was steal a box of crayons. Don't worry about me, though. I promise I'll be a bigger bitch by tomorrow, guaranteed." She stood up from the bench and took a good look at Gwen.

"Still," Hazel went on. "Most shitwads know by now that approaching me without a good reason is a surefire ticket to Asskickville, and you seem to know something I don't. So count yourself in luck, because I'll humor you on your little art project. If this turns out to be a grand waste of time though, I'd consider skipping town if I were you."
Vergil
Vergil
Void Sleeper
Void Sleeper

Back to top Go down

Post by Masquerade Mon Mar 20, 2017 4:06 pm

Behind Huuntz, the grayscale zone around the garden dissipated and became normal once more.  The red exclamation point vanished and a sound only transmission flared to life on the screen.

"I'm sorry, Zerunia, one moment please.  This is Huuntz.  Proceed."

"Damn girl, I mus' be crazy then," Deetra said and scratched her head, a really confused look on her face.  She spared a glance to the smooth talking boy and the other one with the technological bullshit and shrugged before putting a hand on Alice's shoulder.  Those two could wait; they were not giving her the good vibes.  Huuntz would have to understand.  Just this once.

"Anywhosits, you're welcome for the rescue bit; kinda whatta like to do ya know?" Deetra said with a confident grin before taking out her cell phone to page Huuntz.  "I'm supposeta take ya to the top secret lab for some cool shit but man I'm hungerin' for more action, ya mean?  Eh?  Best way ta learn the ropes is to be a li'l hands on!"  Deetra quietened for just a second until she heard Huuntz's voice from her phone telling her to spill it.

"Yoooo Deets to Teach, I know you wanted me ta bring the noobs over to ya but anyway I can do the teachin'?  ME?  ME THE TEACH?!  LEMME DO IT, I KNOW I GOT IT IN MEEEE!"

"As much as I appreciate your enthusiasm, Deetra, the new recruits need to be offered a decision and they need to be shown the facility regardless, preferably before they go running into all sorts of danger.  I know you would have their back but still, we must follow protocol," Huuntz replied kindly, yet firmly to press his point, trying to let the girl down easy.

"Damn son you and your RULES.  UGH.  But whatevs, guess I'll do the thing.  See ya soon, Teach, Deets over and out."

Deetra tucked her cell phone back into her uniform pocket and sighed.  How could she have been so close only to be defeated by the professor's logic?  FINE.  The least she could do was give this broad here the rundown.

"Ayy girly girl, you prolly wanna know what the fuck jus' happened right?" Deetra began to explain.  "Well that nasty ass plant bitch was none otha than a right mean creature we call the Rietzen.  Messed up li'l shits that cling onta people like flies on a pile o' fresh shit, man.  Suck the existence right outcha."  She emphasized her point by miming out her sucking something through a straw, elaborate sounds and all.  "They drive people ta suicide and then POOF--the victim's gone like they neva existed!  Say adios to ya memories of 'em!  Pretty scary shit right?"

"Whatcha say?  Ya wanna fight 'em?  Keep people safe an' all that hero-an'-glory shit?  You got the POWA.  Whatsit gonna beeeee?"

>Become an operative for Rontzelle Academy.
>I'm good, thanks.

"Sorry about that," Huuntz stated with a sigh after he closed the transmission from Deetra.  Hopefully she wouldn't do anything crazy with her charge.  He had made it quite clear that she was to bring the new recruits to the lab, even before his reiteration in that transmission.

"But yes, you're right.  There are more direct Crisis Callings used to directly combat and inflict harm upon Rietzen, and other Crisis Callings that are more geared towards support.  Along with researching Rietzen in the lab, we are also studying this latent power within us and what might give rise to it such that maybe we can artificially recreate it, allowing someone who does not possess the innate Gift to at least have a copy of it allowing them to fight the Rietzen as well.  That would be the ultimate boon."

"As for your concerns regarding the limit of your power, we have developed a surefire way to keep track of that.  Your phones will be updated with a program that will signify when you've reached the extent of your reservoir of existence.  You can tell you're at your limit physically, however, if your memories become fuzzy, you start having sudden and severe mood swings, and thoughts that you wouldn't typically be having start flowing through your mind.  All of those symptoms signify that you are losing yourself and continued use of your power will send you in a slow spiral into nonexistence.  In severe instances, your mind will become vegetative as well as your body, not to mention your corporeal form will begin to fade.  We can technically still salvage your inner self at that point, but it will put you out of commission from everything for quite a while.  Try not to push yourself to that extent.  Again, on top of all the other things we do here at the lab, we're also developing and testing drugs that will help extend the limits of our power.  They are not free, however.  Be sure to have money on hand and stock up on these things.  Granted, I reckon I can lend you a starter pack."

Huuntz reached into his pocket and retrieved two small gray cases with plastic lids.  Inside were six white circular pills.  He handed one to Ion and one to Zerunia.

"What do they do exactly?  And how do they work?" Ion asked as he took the case that Huuntz offered him, still unsure if he wanted to take the drugs to begin with.  What if they had some weird side effect?  

"These pills specifically regenerate your existence.  See, until you have completely become 'Nonexistent', there are ghost imprints of what's missing left behind.  These pills essentially take your physical energy and use that to bring back those imprints making them real again and available for use.  Side effects only occur if you haven't much physical stamina to begin with or if you used most of it already and include weakness, dizziness, body aches, headaches, and sometimes unconsciousness.  Do keep in mind that combating nonexistence is about as difficult as it sounds."

Ion and Zuzu obtain (1) Pack of Being Restore! [Add to Personal Effects]

{Pack of Being Restore - Capable of restoring a moderate amount of one's state of being. May cause weakness. 6 doses.}

Vergil's Pop Filter?  Why was that phrase resounding in Gwen's mind so strongly?  It was...honestly one of the most pleasing things she had ever heard but why?  What did it mean?  What was it even?  Gwen appeared to be in a stupor as she listened to Hazel proceed to insult her but eventually indulge her, and yet even after receiving that affirmation, there was only one thing on Gwen's mind now and it would proceed to bug her for the rest of the day.  She supposed she would just tuck it into her subconscious for now.  She had fires to stoke and irons to toss into them especially now that she had a partner for this excursion and thank goodness!  There probably wouldn't have been anyone crazy enough to take this task on granted Gwen hadn't divulged the full details.  Omissions were fantastic.

"Hey hey!  I already know you're going to have a great time so I won't have to worry about that," Gwen exclaimed cheerily, closing the cover of her back and skipping off towards the first year's building.  "We're gonna have to catch a bus downtown; could always get a drink after we're done, hohoho," she chuckled mischievously as she led Hazel along through the building and out towards the bus hub, a long stretch of sidewalk and booths centered at the front of the academy just before the first year and administrative buildings.  The academy was set off a bit from the city.  There were several roads leading to it from the city that cut through slightly wooded areas that were also sites for some of the senior dorms allowing them the quickest and easiest access to the city.

"Here, here, come sit with me while we wait!" Gwen called out to Hazel before taking a seat on the black metal bench sheltered by bus stop standard glass, plastered with fliers and a bulletin board with a large map of the area and the bus routes upon it.  It would be a short bit before a bus headed for downtown came up.  They didn't run often during the day let alone the morning, especially on a weekday.  Most students didn't have a purpose to go there with class and such.  It was much more frequent at night.

"I know you said you'd kick my ass if it wasn't a good time for you, but thanks again for giving it a shot!" Gwen said to her temporary accomplice in appreciation.  "To be honest, Huuntz said not to go through with this.  He said it would be too unruly to just go vandalizing city property bluh bluh even if Rietzen were involved."
Masquerade
Masquerade
Eternal Dreamer
Eternal Dreamer

Back to top Go down

Post by Zerifachias Mon Mar 20, 2017 4:45 pm

Zerunia grimaced at the pills as the professor listed off the side effects. All things she already experienced on a daily basis and not something she'd want to induce via a pill, even if it were to restore her being. She held up her hand to refuse. "No thanks. In case you didn't notice, I'm quite prone to sickness and don't have a lot of stamina."

She brushed her skirt absentmindedly. Was there anything else they could do while they were here? She didn't have other questions at the moment so she looked to Ion, wondering what he wanted to do next. "We already decided to take the day off before we came here. I'll leave it up to you what we do, Ion."
Zerifachias
Zerifachias
Totes-Mcgoats
Totes-Mcgoats

Back to top Go down

Post by Gist Tue Mar 21, 2017 11:19 am

Alice watched as Laptop Boy went off on his own accord, and that strangely effeminate boy did the same. As much as she also wanted to get back to business, after seeing what she did, Alice just couldn't do that. The world wasn't just drained of color out of the blue, and plants normally didn't attack people outside of B-rated horror movies. Something was definitely off here, and Deetra seemed to know something about it all. Plus, Deetra saved her life, so Alice couldn't just go away; she had a favor to return. However, the way Deetra explained the situation could certainly go with a bit more elegance; it was hard to understand her through her incredibly thick dialect. Truth be told, Alice was surprised people could actually graduate high school talking like that.

Alice carefully consdiered everything she had listened to. She supposed that these "Rietzen" would explain why the world had become colorless and why she had felt a bit uncomposed earlier while she was battling the plant monster. This "power" that Deetra claimed Alice had was probably responsible for why she was still alive, too, and by the sounds of it, not everyone had this power. As much as she would want to get on with her life and move towards her goals, this likely wouldn't be the last time these things came out to destroy life as she knew it. There was only one answer that was logical to give.

"Well, if you say so, Deetra. I suppose they would come to me if I didn't come to them first. Besides, with how this "power" took shape, I guess my job is to keep everyone else safe from harm."

>Become an operative of Rontzelle Academy.
Gist
Gist
Full Eight Hours
Full Eight Hours

Back to top Go down

Post by Vergil Tue Mar 21, 2017 5:37 pm

"Shit, if we're going all the way downtown I may as well steal back the motorcycle they confiscated," Hazel said, walking along with Gwen with her arms folded. She made it all the way with her to the bus, and took a seat with Gwen. "Mind if I smoke? If you do, then too bad, because I'm gonna do it anyway." Hazel pulled a cigarette from the pack sitting in her purse and lit it in the bus. The other passengers stared at her with disapproval, but she only exhaled a puff from her flared nostrils in response, giving off a look as though she dared someone to stop her.

"You're a little too eager to be hanging out with a girl like me, you know that?" Hazel pointed out. "I dunno what a girl scout like you could possibly consider bad, but if Professor Dick Huntz said not to, then I may as well give you the benefit of the doubt. Also, if this is a colossal waste of time, then I won't kick your ass. No, I'd only do that if I were in a good mood. If this is a waste of time, I'm gonna make that ass into a Jackson Pollock painting."
Vergil
Vergil
Void Sleeper
Void Sleeper

Back to top Go down

Post by Masquerade Sun Mar 26, 2017 2:16 pm

"I'll take Zuzu's then," Ion spoke up, bowing his head to Huuntz as the professor handed the second pack to the boy as well. It was rather ill-mannered of Huuntz to even propose this medicine to Zuzu, but Ion figured his heart was in the right place at least. As for Ion, the physical effects wouldn't be that straining on his own body as he was certainly fit enough as it was. If anything the medicine would be a great boon in a pinch.

Ion receives Zuzu's Pack of Being Restore!

"I think that's all we have for you, Professor Huuntz, but may I ask where the CTC is? I...I kinda wanna make sure I have at least some decent knowledge about Crisis Callings in case we wind up running into more Rietzen outside," Ion stated sheepishly. Though he could use his Crisis Calling that was about the long and short of it for him. When it came to anything more in-depth he knew nothing and that was just going to be a liability in a battle where you could literally lose yourself.

"It's right behind you in fact," Huuntz nodded, raising a hand and pointing to a door behind them, resting on the wall behind the long meeting table. "Just enter that room. The entire thing is actually a lift. It'll take you to the CTC facilities below. There are actually a few chambers, four if you want to be exact. We wanted to make sure there was plenty of space in the case there was a flood of operatives eager to hone their skills at once. Just engage the automated systems down there once you go and you should be set. Check your phones tonight to make sure the communication program we're sending goes through by the way. Once it does you can contact me anytime if you have questions or need assistance. Take care, brave operatives."

Ion skirted around the table hopefully with Zuzu in tow. "I figured we could mess around in the CTC for a bit and then maybe get some lunch together...if you wanted to?" Ion asked his friend as he moved towards the door to the lift. For a door that led to some advanced chamber it was rather bland. Efficiency was clearly this place's top priority. He turned the knob to reveal a room dimly lit by a single fluorescent tube in the center of the ceiling. It was small, like a walk-in closet, and there was a keypad on the side next to the door when the two stepped in. It only had four buttons: one with a 'P', one with a 'C', a red one, and one with a phone on it.

"After you," he said to Zuzu, making sure she was a-okay with his plan. The inside of the room was just as bland as the door. The walls were of a bluish steel and the floor of a gray steel which happened to be quite slick.

Gwen didn't mind if Hazel smoked, and besides, like the girl said, even if Gwen did have a problem with it it certainly wasn't like she was going to speak up. True be it that Gwen was confident in her own abilities, but luck had definitely been on her side so far and she was not one to tempt fate, except in the case of this mission. They would either succeed or fate would pound them into the ground so fucking hard it would hurt.

"It won't be a waste, trust me! Huuntz said it was forbidden to undertake this mission, but I think we have this in the bag!" Gwen exclaimed adamantly. She didn't really want her ass to be turned into anything, especially not an abstract painting by a prodigal artist from a different world. She decided to keep to herself while Hazel finished her smoke, and it wasn't too terribly long before the bus pulled up, opening its doors for people to exit first, and then for the duo to enter. They found their seats and the bus started to move out. The bus was practically deserted, and eerily quiet.

"I guess I should go over the specifics huh?" Gwen stated after the bus cleared the road that led to the academy and started heading through the city to the downtown area. "There's this pack of Rietzen which we call a Swarm downtown that have been picking off local vandals. Huuntz said they didn't know if the Rietzen were attracted by the spray paint fumes or the bad attitudes of the hoodlums but every time someone tags this area of the city, they wind up going bye bye. So what're we gonna do? Tag of course! There's nothing like luring out some Rietzen with our own lives as bait! And when they show up, we give 'em what for, mwahaha!" Her voice had grown a bit louder as she grew further in her explanation drawing some rather strange glances from the few people that were actually on the bus. She blushed in embarrassment and waved nervously at them as if there were nothing to see or hear or know. They just needed to mind their own business!

"Yeeeeh girl! Dat shield thingy you got! Pretty fuckin' nifty if ya ask me," Deetra said with a huge grin, happy to hear Alice's positive response. "A'ight then we gotta getchu to the lab yo. Huuntz is gonna wanna talk to you and give you all that lame-o mumbo jumbo like MAAAN it was such a pain listenin' to it the first time yeah? SO BAD." Deetra waved Alice along as they traversed the garden. They drew near a section of the hedge line and went through the brush to reveal what looked to be a sewer grate. Deetra hefted that shit up like nobody's business and ushered Alice down first so Deetra herself could replace the grate. The duo descended a cold metal ladder that seemed to go down for ages before they were both on solid ground again which, surely to Alice's delight, was NOT a sewer, but instead a long hallway made of brick, illuminated by quaint little black lamp posts.

"Behold, the Garden Road, yo! This shit was here before the secret lab. They got so many wild fuckin' stories yo, ya wouldn't believe it," Deetra said aloud, her booming voice echoing off the ancient walls. They paced along the stone floor of the hallway which seemed to stretch on for quite a ways. "So girl, you excited or what?! Wut're ya studyin' here eh? Man if ya're inta some science-y shit, then you is about ta have a fuckin' ball."
Masquerade
Masquerade
Eternal Dreamer
Eternal Dreamer

Back to top Go down

Post by Zerifachias Sun Mar 26, 2017 2:41 pm

The CTC, huh? Zuzu had to admit she wasn't exactly thrilled by the idea, but she had already submitted herself to Ion's game. It would be rude of her to refuse. Besides, she could simply look forward to having lunch with him later. Zuzu let herself smile a little. "As long as my health holds up, I'm all yours today," she said. "I'm okay with anything you decide." Whether she was actually okay with it or not.

She followed him to the lift, taking her time. She passed by Ion into the lift and looked all around, admiring the steel. She had been fascinated by engineering since an early age, but couldn't keep up with the physical stress of the work so she had to settle for observation. "I admit, I'm a little nervous," Zuzu said, looking to Ion again. "But, this is kind of familiar, in a way. It feels like you're whisking me away on another adventure, you know? Like you did when we were kids. Except neither of us really know what's going on this time. It's exciting, isn't it?" She was excited, for sure.

"Though, next time you want to meet up after so many years of not seeing each other, try to do it under less...stressful circumstances, yeah?"
Zerifachias
Zerifachias
Totes-Mcgoats
Totes-Mcgoats

Back to top Go down

Post by Vergil Mon Apr 03, 2017 5:29 pm

Hazel quirked an eyebrow at Gwen's rant and put out her cigarette. "You're a fuckin' weirdo, you know that?" she said. "What is it about me that attracts all the crazies? Oh well. So you wanna fight a bunch of those weird tentacle monsters, huh? I guess I could go for kicking some of their shit in. Professor Dick Huntz said I'd get mad stacks for bringing some of them in." She waited for the bus to stop, flipping through her phone while she waited. "Don't think this makes us friends, or anything. If you really wanna hang with me after we take care of this, then you're gonna have to prove that you're a bonafide bad bitch. Speakin' of which, I wonder what my girl Sicily is up to..."

Vergil
Vergil
Void Sleeper
Void Sleeper

Back to top Go down

Post by Sponsored content

Sponsored content

Back to top Go down

Page 4 of 4 Previous  1, 2, 3, 4