Eternal Dream
Would you like to react to this message? Create an account in a few clicks or log in to continue.

Tales of Alidaire: The Colosseum

+3
Kurio
Durn
Masquerade
7 posters

Page 15 of 16 Previous  1 ... 9 ... 14, 15, 16  Next

Go down

Tales of Alidaire: The Colosseum - Page 15 Empty Re: Tales of Alidaire: The Colosseum

Post by Silver Fri Apr 13, 2012 2:49 pm

Sonia *Null Critical Hits* *Total-Poison-Cure Touch* *Protect* *Regen* *Mp Regen*
Hp: 50/50
Mp: 150/150
SC: 1/2
Atk: 7
Def: 20
Int: 22
Spr: 19
Move: 2 cells

Scather *Null Critical Hits* *Protect* *Regen* *Mp Regen*
Hp: 95/95
Mp: 60/60
Atk: 19
Def: 15
Int: 29
Spr: 18
Move: 3 cells

Clara *15% Evasion* *Protect* *Regen* *Mp Regen*
Hp: 45/45
Mp: 58/80
Atk: 6
Def: 16
Spr: 24
Move: 0 cells

Sonia moves to H5!

Sonia was careful to move out of Julia's way as the woman passed to go attack their only opponent. With not much attacking power, at least when it came to this enemy, herself, she was left to remain on support. The only problem was no one was in immediate need of her abilities at the moment... or so she thought. The second the Assassin popped out of the shadows and performed a powerful attack, Sonia waved her staff in the direction of the woman. "Oh gracious light, gift us with your power!"

Sonia casts Replenishing Light on Tenkai! 44 Int Mana Healing!

Scather casts Energy Blast on Alexander! 44 Int Damage!

The dragon, still free to do as he pleased almost purred at the sight of his master's allies bombarding the man with the bandages. Heavy damage attacks were all being used; not a single person was holding back. Even Sonia and Clara, who were playing support for the party were still keeping everyone at full fighting capacity. With mana continuously flowing, the dragon was able to once again pull off the powerful blast of energy that engulfed the boy once again.

Clara casts Gliss of Protection on the Ally Party! Bestows Protect!

As soon as Clara felt the light that protected her and her allies weaken, her hands danced across the keys from end to end. The crippled barriers quickly solidified around them once again, regaining their lost strength completely. It seemed that their opponent had no hope whatsoever with all of them going all out against him. No matter what, this would easily end in victory on their part.

Sonia *Null Critical Hits* *Total-Poison-Cure Touch* *Protect* *Regen* *Mp Regen*
Mp: 114/150

Mp: 42/60

Clara *15% Evasion* *Protect* *Regen* *Mp Regen*
Mp: 34/80
Silver
Silver
Prince of Dreams
Prince of Dreams

https://www.facebook.com/pages/Xavier-Rains/314656341904106

Back to top Go down

Tales of Alidaire: The Colosseum - Page 15 Empty Re: Tales of Alidaire: The Colosseum

Post by Masquerade Fri Apr 13, 2012 7:16 pm

Alexander takes 147 Dmg!

HP: 38/155

The first hit of Tenkai's Target Field is blocked via Auto Guard!

R-Ability Break activates! [Target ATK and DEF -10%]

S-Ability Mana Resonance activates! [+128 MP Recovered]

MP: 255/255

Alexander links Dual Suspect on Tenkai! 61 Dmg! (ATK)
---Alexander links Suffering! 12 hits! 20 Dmg per hit! (ATK)
---Alexander links Life Sentence! 35 Dmg! (INT) [Tenkai evades Doom]

MP: 207/255

The third hit of Lily's Purifying Projectile is blocked via Auto Guard!

R-Ability Break activates! [Target ATK and DEF -10%]

S-Ability Mana Resonance activates! [+128 MP Recovered]

Alexander evades Blind!

~ S P E C I A L ~ E V E N T~

Participants: Valincar, Trinity, Julia, Lily, Auza, Sonia, Clara, Tenkai

Opposition: Vayne, Aurora, Samuel, Michelle, Alexander

{ } { } {-} {-} {-} {-} {-} { } { } A
{i} { } { } {-} {-} {-} { } { } {i} B
{ } { } { } { } {-} { } { } { } { } C
{ } {i} { } { } { } {E} { } {i} { } D
{ } { } { } {V} { } {R} {L} { } { } E
{i} { } { } { } { } { } { } { } {i} F
{ } {L} { } { } { } { } {H} { } { } G
{ } {i} {T} { } { } { } { } {i} { } H
{ } { } { } {A} { } { } { } { } {C} I
{i} { } { } { } {S} { } {J} { } {i} J
-1---2---3---4---5---6---7---8---9

The Party's Regen has 3 turns left.

The Party's MP Regen has 3 turns left.

The Party's Paradise has 8 turns left.

Tenkai's Poisoned Blow has 2 turns left.

Lily's Archer's Fury has 2 turns left.

Tenkai's Immunity has 2 turns left.

The Party's Protect has 3 turns.

Enemy Phase.

Alexander moves to G9.

Pain. Could he even remember a time when he felt so much pain? The boy fell to his knees in despair, but his bandages lifted him up into the air and practically walked him to the far edge of the arena close to Clara. So close to defeat, he couldn't even think, but the bandages knew what to do for their master. Alexander would never be able to beat them all as long as they were protect, and thus the bandages lashed out at she who was causing such discontent, attacking on their own. They thrust forward, striking Clara hard before rearing back and lunging in with a mighty flurry of piercing stabs. They all retracted at the end, save for one bandage that drew a glyph over her body, marking it for death.

Alexander uses Dual Suspect on Clara! 61 Dmg! (ATK)
---Alexander links Suffering! 12 hits! 20 Dmg per hit! (ATK)
---Alexander links Life Sentence! 35 Dmg! (INT) [Clara is Doomed]

Mana Substitutes: 3/7

{ } { } { } {V} { } {R} { } { } { } E
{ } {L} { } { } { } { } {H} { } {L} G
{ } {i} {T} { } { } { } { } {i} { } H
{ } { } { } {A} { } { } { } { } {C} I
{i} { } { } { } {S} { } {J} { } {i} J

Alexander's Shaded View has 3 turns.

Player Phase 5!

Valincar (Nightshade) *FLOAT* *PROTECT* *REGEN [10]* *MP REGEN [4]* *PARADISE*
HP: 65/65
MP: 58/75
Atk: 18 --- 22 --- 26 --- 31
Def: 14 --- 17 --- 20 --- 24
Int: 20 --- 24 --- 29 --- 35
Spr: 17 --- 20 --- 24 --- 29
Move: 4 cells

Rock Knight (Natura Warrior)
HP: 70/70
MP: 45/45
Atk: 28
Def: 32
Int: 9
Spr: 15

Trinity (Keyblade Knight) *PROTECT* *REGEN [12]* *MP REGEN [3]* *PARADISE*
HP: 80/80
MP: 55/55
Atk: 21
Int: 20
Spr: 14

Julia (Battle Glyphographer) *PROTECT* *REGEN [8]* *MP REGEN [4]* *PARADISE*
HP: 55/55
MP: 85/85
Atk: 18
Def: 14
Int: 19
Spr: 15

Lily (Archer Apprentice) *PROTECT* *REGEN [11]* *MP REGEN [4]* *PARADISE*
HP: 75/75
MP: 66/75
Atk: 20 --- 40 --- 36
Def: 15 --- 7 --- 6
Int: 8
Spr: 12 --- 6

Auza (Seal Witch) *PROTECT* *REGEN [9]* *MP REGEN [5]* *PARADISE*
HP: 60/60
MP: 100/100
Atk: 3
Def: 12
Int: 18
Spr: 16

Sonia (Summoner) *PROTECT* *REGEN [8]* *MP REGEN [8]* *PARADISE*
HP: 50/50
MP: 141/150

Scather (Mana Dragon) *PROTECT* *REGEN [14]* *MP REGEN [3]* *PARADISE*
HP: 95/95
MP: 60/60

Clara (Grand Pianist) *KO*
Spoiler:

Tenkai (Shadow Assassin) *PROTECT* *REGEN [13]* *MP REGEN [3]* *PARADISE* *POISONED BLOW* *IMMUNITY*
HP: 49/85
MP: 50/50
Atk: 27 --- 24
Def: 17 --- 15
Int: 6
Spr: 14

Vayne (Observer) *KO*

Aurora (Northern Light) *KO*

Samuel (Gentleman) *KO*

Michelle (Northern Wind) *OVERKILL*

Alexander (Prisoner) *AUTO GUARD* *MANA SUBSTITUTE (3)* *CRITICAL* *SHADED VIEW*
HP: 28/185
Atk: 34
Def: 24
Int: 27
Spr: 23

{i} - Column of Ice (cannot be occupied)

{-} - Alter of Ice (cannot be occupied)

Valincar moves to G4.

Alexander was definitely strong, but it seemed not even that could turn the tables in his favor when he was this outnumbered. There was no point of him even fighting anymore, and Valincar believed the boy had reached that conclusion, but his bandages weren't about to let him give up. "Seems like we've done it at last," Valincar said as he raised a hand into the air. His eyes glowed bright blue as he waved his hand about as if directing something. In tandem with his hand movements, random pieces of furniture flew out of nowhere, aiming to strike the boy while he was down. This needed to be over. Now.

Valincar uses Poltergeist on Alexander! 5 hits! 49 Dmg per hit! (INT)

MP: 44/75

Rock Knight moves to E8.

Rock Knight uses Terra Rise on Alexader! 39 Earth Dmg! (ATK) [Chance of Paralysis]

MP: 33/45

Rock Knight chased after the fleeing prisoner, not coming to a halt but instead using the momentum to slide across the ground and kick the boy, sending him upwards. As its target fell, the Rock Knight retreated and watched as the body hit the ground with a thud.

Trinity moves to H6.

"Clara!" Trinity shouted before dashing forwards, keyblades at the ready. She tossed the weapons as hard as she could as she ran, catching them as they returned to her only to toss them again, taking pleasure in seeing them whack against Alexander's weakened body. Catching her last keyblade, she came to a stop. "Damn it..." she panted, looking over at the organist. The battles were always like this. So much violence and suffering. She hated the colosseum, and that was a fact. The only reason she was there was to rid it of its blight. Even if she didn't like it, she knew there were others who did, and what's more, there were those who earned a living off of it. The sooner they finished the battle, the better.

Trinity uses Strike Raid on Alexander! 4 hits! 25 Dmg per hit! (ATK)

MP: 41/55

Julia moves to J8.

Julia winced as she watched Alexander brutalize Clara. She had been such wonderful support for them. There would likely be far more casualties without her protection. Julia stepped a bit closer and began drawing what looked like butterflies in the air. With a snap of her fingers, the glyphs came to life and fluttered elegantly towards Alexander. They were a picture of beauty until they were swept up into a tizzy, flying around the boy at rapid speeds, draining away his very life essence as they did so before dissipating into a brilliant shower of light.

Julia uses Butterfly Swarm on Alexander! 30 Dmg! (INT) [Chance of Sap]

MP: 77/85

Last edited by Masquerade on Fri Jun 15, 2012 1:22 pm; edited 1 time in total
Masquerade
Masquerade
Eternal Dreamer
Eternal Dreamer

https://eternaldream.forummotion.com

Back to top Go down

Post by Silver Fri Apr 13, 2012 7:50 pm

Mp: 141/150

Mp: 60/60

Clara *15% Evasion* *KO*
Hp: 0/45
Mp: 34/80

The minute the boy had turned on Clara, the Summoner knew that her friend was doomed; she did not have the same defensive prowess most of their allies did. "You bastard." Sonia's voice was nearly silent as her body shook, head tilted towards the ground. Her free hand was clenched tightly, the veins in her arm forced to bulge out of her thin arm. She lifted her head to stare at the man, her eyes burning with rage; she had never before been this angry. Eyes sharpening in on him, her lips moved once again "End him." Her words were full of hate, the order directed at her dragon companion.

Scather responded with the greatest care, readying another blast of energy to overtake their enemy. In a mere matter of seconds, the dragon fired off a large blast of energy that exploded in the man's face.

Scather casts Energy Blast on Alexander! 44 Int Damage!

With her familiar taking care of the enemy, Sonia's gaze immediately softened as she looked over to the unconscious Clara. The poor girl had no chance against the man, and now she lay limp on the cold ice of the colosseum. It was not right. Waving her staff over in the Organist's direction, Sonia created a warm light that rained down on the fallen girl. From the skies above, beautiful voices sang out and more light washed over the girl until she lied there, eyes fluttering.

"You won't fall again."

Sonia casts Angel's Chorus on Clara! Revives with 50% Max Hp!

Clara casts Decrescendo! Half Damage Next Turn!

Clara winced as she felt the man turn towards her, wishing for nothing more than the end to be quick. It was. Knocked entirely unconscious, the poor organist was left limp against the ice until her friend's healing was upon her. Instantly, the voices from the heavens filled her body with new life and she opened her eyes sleepily.

Getting back to the organ she played a few quiet notes, feeling a barrier of light come up around her...

"I... I'm okay..."

Mp: 105/150

Mp: 42/60

Clara *15% Evasion* *KO*
Hp: 23/45
Mp: 26/80
Silver
Silver
Prince of Dreams
Prince of Dreams

Back to top Go down

Post by Zerifachias Fri Apr 13, 2012 9:45 pm

Lily couldn't contain her excitement. They were doing it, they were really doing it. Alexander was going down. Tenkai's attacks didn't connect, but her first two did, and that was enough to really hurt the boy. The others who attacked helped a lot, but Lily was extremely proud of herself. No, it was too early for any excitement. Alexander was still up and attacked Clara, but Sonia would handle her. Lily knew that much. And Sonia had an absolutely massive mana pool. It was really impressive for such a tiny little girl.

Lily pulled back an arrow, the electric charge fueled by her excitement for victory. She breathed in and let the arrow fly, the electricity turning it into a lightning bolt as it streaked across the field and penetrated Alexander's defenses and giving him a few volts.

Lily shoots a Thundering Dart at Alexander! 43 Atk Lightning DMG! Chance of Paralysis! -16 MP.

MP: 50/75

Well, this was certainly a turn of events Auza did not expect. This Alexander boy was actually in a great deal of pain, by the looks of things. That was quite useful to her, indeed. Perhaps her abilities were not required any longer? Well, she may as well help with dealing damage then, even if her destruction magic wasn't much in comparison to some others here, though it was effective in turning some creatures to dust upon contact.

Auza moves to G-4

Auza raised her beads and held them in front of her, her lips moving quickly in a dark, quiet chant. A black glyph appeared just in front of her beads, pointing towards Alexander. A small ball of darkness began to form, slowly at first, but expanding with great speed. Then, all at once, an enormous wave of destruction magic shot towards Alexander as a beam, the dark magic ripping hole after hole in his very existence.

Auza casts a Demi beam on Alexander! 34 Int Dark DMG! -18 MP

MP: 82/100
Zerifachias
Zerifachias
Totes-Mcgoats
Totes-Mcgoats

Back to top Go down

Post by Xenosaga Fri Jun 15, 2012 10:54 am

Disappointing but no matter. Tenkai wasn't surprised her full attack didn't connect, however, that only meant she would have to try a little harder. Then again, the poor boy didn't seem to have much life left. With most of the party focusing their attacks on him, he would fall without her lifting another finger. Not that she wasn't going to, of course.

Constricting the male in her wires, Tenkai lunged forward to add her own attack into the fray. As long as that damned defense didn't get in the way, it was their win.

[Tenkai] uses Wire Constriction on [Alexander]. 29 ATK DMG. 8 hits. Sure Hit. Chance of Poison. Chance of Random status Ailment.
MP: 28/50
Xenosaga
Xenosaga
Never Awaken
Never Awaken

Back to top Go down

Post by Masquerade Fri Jun 15, 2012 1:32 pm

Alexander takes 239 Dmg!

Alexander OVERKILL!!

Participants: Valincar, Trinity, Julia, Lily, Auza, Sonia, Clara, Tenkai

Opposition: Vayne, Aurora, Samuel, Michelle, Alexander

{ } { } { } { } { } { } { } {R} { } E
{ } {L} { } {A} {V} { } {H} { } { } G
{ } {i} { } { } { } {T} { } {i} { } H
{ } { } { } { } { } { } { } { } {C} I
{i} { } { } { } {S} { } { } {J} {i} J

~ V I C T O R Y ~

A new Request has become available in Cadencia!

The Corruption party receives 2800 Gold!

Inventory updated!

ACCEPTING NEW BATTLES!

Alexander refused to fall, even after he had been practically massacred by nearly the entirety of the opposition. Instead, he limped over to where Samuel was lying on the ground and nudged him with one of his bandages. "Get up...." He backed away as Samuel groaned and managed to stand on his own two feet again. Medics didn't rush in to help Alex or Samuel or any of the others that were defeated for that matter. They were expected to leave.

Tipping his hat to the group, Samuel bowed deeply. "Seems like we overstayed our welcome. He's not going to be very happy about our failure," he said to his enemies directing his second comment to the severely wounded Alexander.

Michelle was standing now and she waved a hand through the air causing a huge gale to start up. "Might as well see if he'll have mercy on us," she muttered anxiously as the winds became so strong that it was hard to see. When the windstorm finally subsided, it was revealed that the icy group of five had disappeared completely. With their presence gone, every single layer of ice covering the colosseum burst suddenly causing light crystal dust to fill the air, the light playing off of it to form rainbow colors. It was a rather beautiful sight. The temperature started to rise back to its normal state, and it seemed that things would be normal in the colosseum once again.
Masquerade
Masquerade
Eternal Dreamer
Eternal Dreamer

Back to top Go down

Post by Masquerade Tue Jun 19, 2012 4:15 pm

For the past week, the Colosseum's staff and old customers had been locked in celebration at the triumph over the ones who had cast an icy spell over the magnificent arena, threatening to put the place out of business. Since they disappeared, no one had seen them and their current whereabouts were unknown, but all that mattered now was that the Colosseum was free for everyone to enjoy again. It was on another day of celebration that Lily, Auza, Sonia, and Clara decided to pay a visit and see how things were going. Perhaps they would be able to partake in an exciting battle with some new blood to the arena?

Standing in the Colosseum lobby in front of the counter were two people. One was a middle-aged man with a huge body, broad shoulders, and muscled chest and arms. His hair was white in color and his face was rugged and weathered. It was obvious he was a veteran when it came to fighting. He wore no shirt but had some armor haphazardly covering part of his torso with long pants and wooden sandals. Scars could be seen on the exposed areas of his chest and back. The one accompanying him was an extremely scantily clad woman with nothing but what appeared to be a blue lingerie top, her underwear clearly visible. Nothing covered her legs, and she wore sleeves on her forearms that didn't attach to her main garment. Black gloves adorned her hands and light blue heels could be seen upon her feet. The entirety of her left arm and left leg was covered in bandages. Her hair was white like the man's and combed neatly in the front and on the sides with a single braid forming a circle on the back of her head. Her eyes were dark and unforgiving. While the man spoke to the receptionist, she kept her eye on the group of four women entering the lobby themselves...
Masquerade
Masquerade
Eternal Dreamer
Eternal Dreamer

Back to top Go down

Post by Silver Tue Jun 19, 2012 4:24 pm

"It's back to normal." Clara chimed, obviously delighted that the colosseum was no longer freezing. It had been near unbearable the last time she had visited, much to the point that one of her allies had to cast a spell on her to enable her to fight. But now there was nothing to worry about, for the cold was gone and everything had returned to normal. It was the Pianist's idea of the ideal environment for what she and the others planned to do today; take on another of the colosseum's challenges.

"It is," Sonia responded from behind the bliss filled musician. It was rather nice to see the colosseum was in much better condition and that they would be able to battle comfortably today. However, the smile that was on the Summoner's face fell when she realized that the rest of their party was not with them. Not to mention one of them was still feeling the effects of the Malvine virus, she would need to get in here fast to at the very least feel better after all of the traveling. "Lily? Are you alright?" Sonia called from the entrance.
Silver
Silver
Prince of Dreams
Prince of Dreams

Back to top Go down

Post by Zerifachias Tue Jun 19, 2012 4:54 pm

Scarred hands shot up into the air, as if trying to reach the ceiling of the Colosseum's main lobby area. Which was an impossibility with the way Lily went about it. But she wasn't trying to do that, she was just stretching her arms and giving out a loud sigh of content, nearly groaning. "Oh man, do I love this place and it's magic!" Lily said, her eyes closed shut with her head tilted up. She heard Sonia's voice and laughed aloud, something she wasn't able to do earlier during the trip over.

"Yeah, I'm feeling much better. If I could stay here forever, it would be a dream come true," Lily answered with a grin. Next to her a short, older woman silently stepped forward, her long black hair tied in a single, heavy braid that fell down her back. The very tip of the braid was white, and nearly brushed against the floor.

Auza brushed a bit of dirt off her dress, not really paying much attention to it. She looked around the lobby, soon spotting two people standing by the reception desk. One male, the other female. The male seemed to be handling things with the clerk, but the woman hadn't taken her eyes off of their group since they walked in. Auza returned the stare with equal intensity, mostly ignoring her companions.
Zerifachias
Zerifachias
Totes-Mcgoats
Totes-Mcgoats

Back to top Go down

Post by Silver Tue Jun 19, 2012 5:05 pm

"Okay." Sonia confirmed, trying to smile despite knowing the fact that as soon as the Archer left she would be feeling the effects of the virus. The Summoner made a silent note to make sure they defeated the source of the infection as soon as they got back so Lily could get to feeling better. With her worries somewhat assuaged, she turned back around to face the the interior of the colosseum, only to be met with the gaze of some unknown woman. However, her connected gaze was quickly broken by an overly enthusiastic Clara, who stepped into her line of vision.

"Let's go see what they have waiting for us!" the Pianist chimed again, grabbing her older friend's hand before leading her off in the direction of the front counter. The Summoner hesitated, allowing herself to be dragged a short distance before she pulled on the younger girl's grip.

"Hold on a minute," the Summoner said softly, looking at the woman who's gaze had not left the group. It was a strange feeling she got from the woman, a very strange feeling. Breaking their connection herself this time, Sonia looked over to the Auza with a questioning look upon her face. "What do you think?" she asked, her voice quiet enough so only the shorter woman could hear her.
Silver
Silver
Prince of Dreams
Prince of Dreams

Back to top Go down

Post by Zerifachias Tue Jun 19, 2012 6:23 pm

When Auza didn't respond right away, Lily looked over at her, then followed the woman's gaze. Another woman stared back at them, and only one thought slipped through Lily's mind upon seeing this stranger.

What a slut, Lily thought, her brow furrowing slightly. Can't she show at least a little decency? Lily looked back at Auza, who had broken her stare to look at Sonia. She seemed tired, then again, Auza always seemed tired to Lily. There was something about her visage that Lily could see, but no one else ever could. The thing was, Auza looked ancient to Lily.

"Let's just go," Auza said plainly, without changing her vacant expression.
Zerifachias
Zerifachias
Totes-Mcgoats
Totes-Mcgoats

Back to top Go down

Post by Masquerade Tue Jun 19, 2012 7:04 pm

The woman watched as the group talked amongst themselves. She noticed that the short one was staring a bit too much for her own good. Nudging her partner in the side, even though he didn't react, she intercepted them before they could make it to the counter. "What the fuck are you guys doing here? Going to get a front row seat for the bloodshed? Is that what girly girls like you are into these days?" Her tone was so condescending that it drew some stares from the nearby arena patrons. Something appeared to be floating behind the woman which was revealed to be a book of sorts. It seemed to have a dark olive background with silver designs upon it. An archway with wave like patterns. Curtains hanging from said archway. And the most prominent design was the mask-like face with almond-shaped eyes and not much else when it came to features. What looked like a closed mouth could be seen on the bottom of the face with some sort of protrusions curving up around the cheeks. It was a rather unique book. And it spoke.

"Kaine, if all you were going to do was talk down to them, why did you even waste your breath?" the book shot at the woman in a bored tone, not really reprimanding her, but rather projecting his obvious distaste for having to interfere. "You'll have to excuse this woman. She had a...troubled childhood," he practically purred, taking pleasure at the fact that the woman, Kaine, cut her eyes at him so hard that if they were knives, he'd be sliced in two.

"Tch, don't forget why we're here, Weiss," Kaine swatted at the floating book before shrugging her shoulders. "Just assuming for our sake that these weren't competitors," she added, gesturing loosely to the girls before her.
Masquerade
Masquerade
Eternal Dreamer
Eternal Dreamer

Back to top Go down

Post by Zerifachias Tue Jun 19, 2012 7:19 pm

Before Lily could so much as glare, Auza stared her down into submission. Lily backed off a few steps, knowing what Auza was trying to do. This kind of person wouldn't anger Auza, not like Lily sometimes did. In fact, Lily was surprised to see that Auza continued to hold her emotionless gaze. There would have been at least some recognition. But now, it was almost like Auza cared nothing about the woman or her condescending attitude.

Auza no longer acknowledged the woman's...what did the book call her...Kaine's presence. Instead, Auza motioned quietly for the others to follow her silently to the reception desk, heading straight beside the Kaine woman, nearly brushing into her, since Auza's path was straight. Lily made sure that her own path would not bump into the woman and followed Auza.

"I'm beginning to wonder if there is actually a challenge worth my time," Auza said loudly to her companions. She was confident that the Kaine woman could hear her. "The people here all seem boring to me. Tell me," Auza was at the reception desk now, staring the clerk with a blank look. "Is there?"
Zerifachias
Zerifachias
Totes-Mcgoats
Totes-Mcgoats

Back to top Go down

Post by Silver Tue Jun 19, 2012 7:23 pm

Sonia's normally shy and hesitant attitude melted as the woman approached and began speaking in a manner that was not to the Summoner's liking. "I guess judging a book by its cover does have some merit." she stated a little more bluntly than she originally meant, but found it was alright considering the woman's tone was not exactly friendly. "No offense." she added quickly, as the actual book in this conversation was behaving better than the person.

However, before she waited for a reaction from the woman and her book, the Summoner grabbed her friend's hand and followed after Auza. There was no reason to deal with that woman unless they were in the ring. Which if that ended up being the case, she better watch herself. Their little group of four was quite powerful, even if they did not appear so on the outside.
Silver
Silver
Prince of Dreams
Prince of Dreams

Back to top Go down

Post by Masquerade Tue Jun 19, 2012 7:43 pm

The floating book merely turned around to watch the group meander towards the desk. "See what happens when you dress like that? People think less than commendable things about you." The book sighed and shook itself slightly as a person would shake their head. "Granted they would be right." With that, Weiss floated back to the large man who was also waiting at the counter, for he had already finished his business with the receptionist.

"If you're looking for a challenge, I could take you on," the large man decided to interject before the receptionist could suggest anything. "Me and my partner have been seeking out some strong people. If you think you've got what it takes, I'd definitely enjoy a round," he said lightheartedly with a rough smile.

Kaine had been silently thinking things over. She nearly pulled out her weapons and butchered Weiss, but knew that was out of the question. Instead, she approached the large man. "Don't even look at them; they're not worth our time," she told him, waving them off dismissively. "We need to take this fucking seriously, Nier, because it's his life on the line. Not ours. Your huge ass isn't one for making kids cry."

"We might as well take them on," Nier responded. He could hear the urgency in her voice underlying the brutal tongue he had grown so used to. "Besides, you don't think they look tough? They just brushed you off like it was nothing; don't think I didn't see."

Weiss partook in a laugh at Kaine's expense because he had known that was coming. "Looks like you're outvoted, hussy, because I'm with Nier on this one. I think they have immense potential, and you know how wise I am," he said, stressing the 'I' so the sound went on for a few seconds for emphasis.

Nier looked to the group again. "So what do you say?"
Masquerade
Masquerade
Eternal Dreamer
Eternal Dreamer

Back to top Go down

Post by Zerifachias Tue Jun 19, 2012 8:05 pm

"Your partner is kind of an asshole," Lily pointed out to the man, Nier. Her lips were set in a frown, and she pointed her thumb at the woman that was so condescending to them. "I normally don't like to degrade people like that, but..." Lily looked over at the woman, her eyebrows raised, slight concern on her face. "I don't think that's the kind of attitude you want to give to a person you've never met before. And remember, you approached us, so it only makes you look more like a pitiful girl than a tough woman."

Lily had Auza's attention now, and she remained silent, examining the man before her rather than looking at the archer. Lily continued, "With that kind of condescending tone, you're only going to make enemies, and I really doubt you want to make enemies, especially in a place like this." Lily waved her hand around, as if pointing out the Colosseum. She quickly brought her hands up in front of her, as if to protect herself, "I don't mean any offense. Just some advice for you is all."

Lily had experience in the enemy department. She didn't like to see people make enemies as easily as this woman did. She would have to thank Auza for stopping her from making a terrible outburst. Now that she met the woman's partner, who was considerably nicer, Lily felt that she wanted to help rather than yell. Did Auza sense that? She was rather good at that sort of thing.

Auza now addressed the man, Nier. "It's good to know that there are some rational people in this place," she said, a little indifferently, but that was just her character. "I think we'll take you up on your offer," Auza added, taking a slight step back and gesturing to the others. "This is Lily, Sonia, and Clara. My name is Auza, it's a pleasure." Auza gave a slight bow of her head, out of respect.
Zerifachias
Zerifachias
Totes-Mcgoats
Totes-Mcgoats

Back to top Go down

Post by Silver Tue Jun 19, 2012 8:44 pm

Sonia was able to relax after listening the woman's partner; it was a blessing that he was better manner than his ally. Had he been the same or worse, something might have started. Maybe not between herself and the other party, but possibly between Lily and them. After all, though she did not know the Archer very well, she did have the grounds to believe it was a possibility. Just as she was about to speak up though, the man offered to let their group take them on; Auza quickly accepted.

"I have no problem with that," Sonia confirmed with her ally before turning to the Pianist. "Clara?"

"Same." the Pianist said with a nod. Though she had also felt the woman of the opposing duo to be rather rude, she felt a battle with them would do. It would be a decent fight, she felt. "And it is a pleasure to make your acquaintance." she added with a small smile towards the man named Nier.
Silver
Silver
Prince of Dreams
Prince of Dreams

Back to top Go down

Post by Masquerade Tue Jun 19, 2012 9:15 pm

"The name's Nier, and my floating book pal is Grimoire Weiss," Nier introduced himself and the book before gesturing to the woman beside him. "She might come off pretty mean, but she's got a heart of gold. Trust me. Her name's Kaine."

"Keep talking out your ass, old man. We have a fight to win," she shot at him, but it wasn't angry or condescending like her previous tone had been. The woman seemed about ready to tear through some people. She made her way from the counter to the main passage to the arena itself.

"We'd better follow her in the case she starts more trouble," Weiss sighed, floating along after the woman. He turned to see Nier bowing his heads to the group before taking off to get ready.

The receptionist took all the names down and sent the information in for some quick processing. She notified the group that their battle was ready to get underway. An announcement went out to the patrons of the colosseum letting them know a battle was about to start. The group of four women headed down the main passage to their prep chamber before being ushered to the edge of the arena from which they'd be able to strategically place themselves on the field. The MC called out from above. "Good day, ladies and gentlemen!!! We've got one hell of a match-up today! On one side, we have a beautiful team of young ladies, but don't let their looks fool you--these hardened warriors can really dish out the hurt! On the other, we have a veteran of the sword and his scantily clad partner. Let's give it up for Nier and Kaine!!" The MC paused to allow the crowds to cheer for both sides before breaking it. "Now, let the battle BEGIN!!!"

Participants: Lily, Auza, Sonia, Clara

Opposition: Nier, Kaine

{ } { } { } { } { } { } { } { } { } A
{ } { } {/} {K} { } { } {\} { } { } B
{ } {/} {~} { } {N} { } {~} {\} { } C
{/} {~} { } { } { } { } { } {~} {\} D
{ } { } { } { } { } { } { } { } { } E
{ } { } { } { } { } { } { } { } { } F
{\} {~} { } { } { } { } { } {~} {/} G
{ } {\} {~} { } { } { } {~} {/} { } H
{ } { } {\} { } { } { } {/} { } { } I
{ } { } { } { } { } { } { } { } { } J

Nier (Replicant)
HP: 1625/1625
MP: 780/780
Def: 22
Spr: 12

Kaine (Possessed) *EVADE +30%* *DAMAGE TAKEN +5%*
HP: 1410/1410
MP: 945/945
Atk: 27
Def: 18
Move: 5 cells

{/} - Wall With Fountain (cannot be occupied)

{\} - Wall With Fountain (cannot be occupied)

{~} - Pool of Water (cannot be occupied)
Trigger Command: Take A Drink (Restores 5% Max MP. Range: Adjacent.)

Characters may start in rows I-J!

Last edited by Masquerade on Tue Jun 19, 2012 10:28 pm; edited 1 time in total
Masquerade
Masquerade
Eternal Dreamer
Eternal Dreamer

Back to top Go down

Post by Zerifachias Tue Jun 19, 2012 9:40 pm

Lily starts in I-5

"I guess I'll be up front this time,"
Lily said, a little nervous. She wasn't used to being on the front line, she usually hung back and sniped off the opposition. Something told her she didn't have that luxury here. As the person with the most stamina, she had to take the forefront and tough it out. Lily wouldn't need Lock-On this battle. At least she hoped so. These two looked pretty strong, and she knew nothing about either of them.

Auza starts in J-4

Auza took to a place a little back and to the left of Lily. Lily was their powerhouse for this battle, it seemed. Clara was excellent at the supporting role, and Sonia...Auza didn't know much about Sonia, she never really paid much attention to the girl. Even so, destruction magic would be much more useful to them against this Nier fellow than Lily's arrows.

This might actually be a good work out.
Zerifachias
Zerifachias
Totes-Mcgoats
Totes-Mcgoats

Back to top Go down

Post by Silver Tue Jun 19, 2012 9:47 pm

Sonia starts at J5!

Sonia ended up placing herself next to Auza, looking ahead at the duo before them. No doubt this battle would be pretty tough, they seemed very capable; especially Nier who the Summoner pegged as a physical power house. Magic would likely be a good way to go with him, though the same might not have been the case with his partner. Sonia just could not tell. "Guess we'll just have to wait and see." she murmured, taking on a battle stance.

Clara starts at J9!

Clara, as was usual, pranced off to her own little corner where her organ sat waiting for her. Slipping onto the purple dyed bench, she quickly played a couple scales and settled her hands where they would be for her first move. No doubt they would need all of the support they could get in this upcoming battle and she planned on doing just that.
Silver
Silver
Prince of Dreams
Prince of Dreams

Back to top Go down

Post by Masquerade Tue Jun 19, 2012 10:36 pm

{ } { } {\} { } {L} { } {/} { } { } I
{ } { } { } {A} {S} { } { } { } {C} J

Lily (Archer Apprentice)
MP: 75/75
Atk: 20

Auza (Oblivion Witch) *EVADE +10%*
MP: 120/120
Int: 23

Sonia (Summoner)
MP: 150/150
SC: 2/2

Clara (Grand Pianist) *EVADE +15%*
HP: 45/45
MP: 80/80

Nier (Replicant)
HP: 1625/1625
MP: 780/780

Player Phase 1!

Last edited by Masquerade on Wed Jun 20, 2012 4:06 pm; edited 1 time in total
Masquerade
Masquerade
Eternal Dreamer
Eternal Dreamer

Back to top Go down

Post by Zerifachias Tue Jun 19, 2012 10:50 pm

"Let's first test their mental strength," Auza said, raising her beads as the white spikes at the end of her braided hair began to glow. A fine mist fell from above the two opponents, laying down around them and entering their pores, where the magic began to take shape and start whittling away at their sanity. This magic was only meant to test their resistance to Auza's powerful debilitating magic, and maybe open up the possibilities for Lily to cause some havoc with poison.

Auza casts Hallucination of Death! Targets all enemies. Chance of Confusion!

MP: 110/120

Right as Auza started casting her magic, Lily dipped one of her arrowheads into a small jar that she always carried around, coating the tip in a powerful poisonous liquid. She would have to aim for the flesh, and with Nier being the only one within range, that would be fairly easy. He wasn't wearing much armor, after all.

Lily knocked the arrow to her bowstring and tilted back, first pointing the arrow at Nier, then moving the bow up until it was at a good height. She would need some elevation to reach him, since she wasn't using Lock-On. Lily sucked in her breath, hoped to the gods her aim wasn't off, and fired. The arrow sailed through the air and pierced Nier, sending the poison into his veins. Whether he brushed it off or succumbed to it was not for Lily to decide, though she wished she could.

Lily uses Viper Snap! 22 Atk DMG! Chance of Poison!

MP: 68/75
Zerifachias
Zerifachias
Totes-Mcgoats
Totes-Mcgoats

Back to top Go down

Post by Silver Wed Jun 20, 2012 2:45 pm

Sonia *Null Critical Hits* *Immune Poison/Severe Poison/Venom* *Poison-Cure Touch*
Mp: 150/150
SC: 2/2

Clara *EVADE +15%*
Mp: 80/80

Sonia casts Guardian of the Astral Plain! Scather is summoned to I4!

"Guardian of the Gates, protector of the Gods. I require your aid!" Sonia exclaimed, raising her staff into the air. A magnificent seal appeared above head just in front of Auza which shattered almost instantly. The seal scattered and disappeared as a piercing cry bounced off the arena walls. Out from the seal landed Scather, as usual ready to protect she who summoned him. "Don't pull anything too flashy." Sonia stated simply, relinquishing her hold on the dragon.

Nodding to her command, the energy dragon powered up a quick beam of energy which shot off and broke into millions of tiny lasers. The lasers bounced away from one another erratically before colliding in on both of the enemies. It was not the most powerful thing in the dragon's arsenal, but it was more for the immobilizing effects that would allow the Archer to keep her distance.

Scather casts Energy Ray on the Enemy Party! 29 Int Damage! 50% Chance of Immobilize!

Clara casts Gliss of Protection on the Ally Party! Bestows Protect!

Clara's fingers quickly danced across the keys, several barriers of light surrounding her and her allies almost as quickly. It was the same protection spell she used the previous battle, and it would not hurt to have it ready here. There was no telling what these people could do, so it would be in their best interest to keep themselves prepared for anything.

Sonia *Null Critical Hits* *Immune Poison/Severe Poison/Venom* *Poison-Cure Touch* *Protect*
Mp: 138/150

Scather *Null Critical Hits* *Protect*
Mp: 44/60

Clara *EVADE +15%* *Protect*
Mp: 56/80
Silver
Silver
Prince of Dreams
Prince of Dreams

Back to top Go down

Post by Masquerade Wed Jun 20, 2012 4:14 pm

Nier takes 18 Dmg!

HP: 1607/1625

Nier evades Confusion!

Nier evades Poison!

Nier evades Immobilize!

Kaine dodges Scather's attack!

Kaine evades Confusion!

{ } { } {\} {C} {L} { } {/} { } { } I

The Party's Protect has 3 turns.

Enemy Phase.

Nier moves to F5.

Nier readied his enormous sword as his opponents launched their first wave of assaults in the form of a white mist, a poison-coated arrow, and some kind of energy blast that didn't really do much of anything. The large man ripped the arrow out of himself; it seemed the poison had no effect on his body, or at least from that shot. He took a few steps forward and focused. A huge wall of surging black and red energy shot up in front of him before flickering out of existence. "You'll have to do a bit more than that to take us down!" Nier called out to them. He really had hoped that Kaine was wrong, but if this was all they had, then they were going to be in some serious trouble.

Nier uses Dark Wall! [All damage taken -50%]

MP: 764/780

Kaine moves to E6.

While Nier trodded forth taking care to protect himself along the way, Kaine cut along behind him and approached from the other side. At this point in time, she merely needed to draw closer to them. Before moving, she had produced two rather large blades, similar in appearance. Both had one jagged edge for cutting with a blunt back, almost like two huge butcher knives from Hell, only elongated and not as thick. She kept them close at hand as she continued her movements. The energy blast from the dragon was easy enough to dodge. "I fucking told you this was a waste of time," she shot at Nier while he was still nearby so that he would know how she felt about everything. She scowled as he just seemed to wave her off, and she caught sight of Weiss shaking almost as if he were laughing at her. After all we've been through, that fucker still doesn't know when to give it up. Goddamn book.

Kaine waits.

{ } { } {/} { } { } { } {\} { } { } B
{ } {/} {~} { } { } { } {~} {\} { } C
{ } { } { } { } { } {K} { } { } { } E
{ } { } { } { } {N} { } { } { } { } F
{ } { } {\} {C} {L} { } {/} { } { } I

Nier's Dark Wall has 3 turns.

Player Phase 2!

Lily (Archer Apprentice) *PROTECT*
MP: 68/75
Atk: 20

Auza (Oblivion Witch) *EVADE +10%* *PROTECT*
MP: 110/120
Int: 23

Sonia (Summoner) *PROTECT*
MP: 138/150

Scather (Mana Dragon) *PROTECT*
HP: 95/95
MP: 44/60

Clara (Grand Pianist) *EVADE +15%* *PROTECT*
HP: 45/45
MP: 56/80

Nier (Replicant) *ALL DMG TAKEN -50%*
HP: 1607/1625
MP: 764/780

Last edited by Masquerade on Wed Jun 20, 2012 6:06 pm; edited 1 time in total
Masquerade
Masquerade
Eternal Dreamer
Eternal Dreamer

Back to top Go down

Post by Zerifachias Wed Jun 20, 2012 4:50 pm

A sudden gale began to flow past Lily as she tightened her grip on her bow. Her instincts were telling her to back off, but she didn't. She wouldn't leave the mages they had here vulnerable to attack just so she could save herself. Sonia could handle attacks, but Auza was a different story. Right now Sonia's dragon was guarding Auza, so Lily felt a little better. Still.

Lily raised her bow and knocked another arrow to it. If she was going to be the main powerhouse, then she was going to have to be much quicker than she currently was. The gale strengthened, and Lily let loose her arrow, the wind pushing the wood along until it hit Nier, hardly doing a thing. But that arrow was meant for something else.

Lily fires a Windy Missile at Nier! Damage is boosted by 1 from Point-Blank! 21 Atk DMG! Lily is granted Haste!

MP: 54/75

Auza casts Bonds of Protection on Lily! Sonia is affected by Chained!

MP: 98/120

Auza raised her beads again, unsatisfied by the results of her previous magic, but not very surprised either. They had resilient minds, which normally meant they were strong characters. It wouldn't do to underestimate them. Auza wouldn't be trying that magic a second time. Instead, she had a glyph appear above Lily and Sonia, with two layers of runes surrounding each before a barrier, similar to Auza's, formed, then disappeared.

"Any debilitating attack they have will not work against either of you," Auza said to them, not really caring if the enemies heard. "If they have any, that is," she added.
Zerifachias
Zerifachias
Totes-Mcgoats
Totes-Mcgoats

Back to top Go down

Post by Sponsored content

Sponsored content

Back to top Go down

Page 15 of 16 Previous  1 ... 9 ... 14, 15, 16  Next