Eternal Dream
Would you like to react to this message? Create an account in a few clicks or log in to continue.

Tales of Alidaire: The Colosseum

+3
Kurio
Durn
Masquerade
7 posters

Page 14 of 16 Previous  1 ... 8 ... 13, 14, 15, 16  Next

Go down

Tales of Alidaire: The Colosseum - Page 14 Empty Re: Tales of Alidaire: The Colosseum

Post by Zerifachias Fri Apr 06, 2012 5:08 pm

Lily looked miserable. Her eyes were closed to avoid seeing her breath in little white clouds. She held her arms closely together with her shoulders hunched. Shivering violently, she walked further into the lobby, trying to warm herself by moving. She sniffed a few times. "I hate this," Lily complained. She loved the cold, she really did, but this was...something else. The temperature dropped since the last time, and now she just didn't want to be here.

Walking in next to her, Auza approached in her usual black attire. Her body was much smaller and thinner and paler than Lily's but she did not seem to be affected by the cold. The blood that ran through her veins was colder than ice, temperatures as low as this would not unsettle her. She eyed Lily warily. Hating the girl would do no good here, not with her in this condition. Auza would refrain from personal grudges and help her instead. With a snap of her fingers, a barrier formed around Lily. It wouldn't do her any good in battle, but it would help reflect body heat back towards her. Eventually Lily stopped sniffing and lowered her arms a little.

"Thanks Auza," Lily said, "I doubt I'd be able to fight with this kind of cold."

"Yes, precisely what I was thinking," Auza replied, "Your brain freezing over wouldn't benefit us. If anyone else feels hampered by the cold, I'll give you some protection."

Auza turned to the newcomer, Julia. There was something about the woman she liked. Perhaps it was the formality? Or perhaps there was something about her magic that Auza sensed. Regardless, she would have to introduce herself. "Auza Nanami, it's a pleasure," she said politely, giving a slight bow in greeting.
Zerifachias
Zerifachias
Totes-Mcgoats
Totes-Mcgoats

Back to top Go down

Tales of Alidaire: The Colosseum - Page 14 Empty Re: Tales of Alidaire: The Colosseum

Post by Silver Fri Apr 06, 2012 5:10 pm

"O-o-of course." For once she was not stuttering because of her shyness, but rather the cold. This marked the third time Sonia had come to the colosseum in these horrid conditions, this being the only time the cold was affecting her like the girl to her right. "C-c-c-come on, Clara. W-w-w-we won't be any use sh-sh-sh-sh-shivering." Despite this, the Pianist continued to shiver, pulling the Summoner even closer to her goose-bump covered body. It was even worse than the last time they had been in the arena; obviously the further effects of the 'champions'.

"Clara..." Sonia's free hand shook as she raised it to try and soothe her friend. She would have to let go of her body and stand on her own if she were to be of any use to the group in a few moments. Shaking her head at the muffled response she received, Sonia looked over to the rest of her allies, focusing in on Lily. "H-h-h-how," her hand clenched tightly against her robes in an attempt to steady her speech "how are you feeling? I mean... is the infection...?"
Silver
Silver
Prince of Dreams
Prince of Dreams

https://www.facebook.com/pages/Xavier-Rains/314656341904106

Back to top Go down

Post by Zerifachias Fri Apr 06, 2012 5:26 pm

Lily looked back at Sonia, who seemed to be having a rough time with the cold, as she was not too long ago. She could still feel the icy temperatures, but Auza's magic made it so it was just bearable. At the question of the infection though, Lily paused, looking over herself.

"Don't feel a thing," Lily shrugged and blinked down at Sonia. She was taller than the girl, and boy did she look cold. "Hey Auza, I think these two need your magic touch," Lily said, pointing to Sonia and Clara.

Auza looked back at them and raised her eyebrows. With two snaps of her fingers, she gave Sonia and Clara the same treatment as she did Lily. It wouldn't be good to have everyone unable to fight because of the cold. And this spell didn't use much energy at all, Auza would regain it before the actual battle began.

"I think it has something to do with this place," Lily spoke to Sonia again. It was nice that they were finally getting along, it was certainly a change of pace. "I've always felt something strange about this Colosseum. I always feel fit and healthy when I walk in here. The infection isn't gone though, I'm not naive enough to believe it was cured. As soon as I walk out of here, it'll be back for sure."
Zerifachias
Zerifachias
Totes-Mcgoats
Totes-Mcgoats

Back to top Go down

Post by Xenosaga Fri Apr 06, 2012 5:31 pm

"I must say, they have made this place to be quite the sight," a laughing voice spoke. Tenkai stepped into the frozen Colosseum, black high heels clicking against the ice floor. Her crimson eye swept over the party that had gathered, an amused smirk gracing her features. It was hidden under her mask, however, the slight imprint it caused was enough of a hint for those looking.

Stopping in front of the seven, the assassin greeted them all with a sweeping bow.

"Hello everyone, how are you all this fine cold day?" she inquired, tone neither mocking nor sarcastic. "I must say, I am quite pleased at having been called upon to join some of you once again. Ah, and dear Clara is here as well, how nice." Tenkai made a little gesture resembling a wave at the pianist. "Pity your sister couldn't join us." Here, she grinned and it was a good thing her mask was covering her mouth least the group be blessed with a view of her decaying lips.
Xenosaga
Xenosaga
Never Awaken
Never Awaken

Back to top Go down

Post by Silver Fri Apr 06, 2012 5:46 pm

"Pity or a blessing?" Clara muttered, though her voice was completely undefinable due to the robes that covered her face. It was only after her muffled words were said that she suddenly stood. The cold was there yet it was gone from her being at the same time. No longer did she feel on the verge of freezing to death, rather she felt as though she were in a bubble that the cold could barely touch. At this, she looked around, quickly locating the spellcaster; a nod and quiet 'thank you' passed through her chilled lips.

"I see." Sonia responded with a slight frown. Yes, it was good that her ally was feeling better, but knowing it would return was not pleasant.
Silver
Silver
Prince of Dreams
Prince of Dreams

Back to top Go down

Post by Xenosaga Fri Apr 06, 2012 6:10 pm

Gauging Clara's reaction, Tenkai found she wasn't surprised by the lack of response she received from her seemly careless words. It seemed the pianist did not care for her sister as much as one would think. What a beautiful display of sisterly love. Tenkai laughed under her breath, amused. Maybe one day, she would have a talk with Clara. It would be interesting to see what she could wrench from the woman.

"Well then," she breathed, addressing the rest of the group. "Has everyone assembled? If so, shall we proceed? I'm sure more than one of you are eager to join in on the festivity occurring in the dome right now."
Xenosaga
Xenosaga
Never Awaken
Never Awaken

Back to top Go down

Post by Masquerade Sat Apr 07, 2012 9:22 am

"I think we're as ready as we'll ever be. Let's get on with it," Valincar responded, hovering over towards the main desk. The receptionist perked up slightly now that he was right in front of her, and she gave him a kind smile.

"I appreciate you guys so much," she remarked. She was wearing her winter attire from last time, but she was still shivering slightly. "But...but I think this place is done for."

Valincar shook his head. "Don't say that. We're giving it our all out there this time. Nothing can stop us. We'll make sure of it."

The receptionist laughed. "Somehow....coming from you, I can believe it." She wrote something on her clipboard for a minute before gesturing towards the passage that lead to the arena. "You know what to do. Be careful."

With that, the group proceeded. The arena was still layered over in ice along with the stands which were vastly empty. Only one or two people could be seen here and there. The announcer had vanished, but the frigid champions were at the other side, at the ready. Vayne stepped forward and pointed a mocking finger at Valincar.

"I told you to just stop meddling!" he shouted. His other hand reached to his back to retrieve his partisan. "You got the power to back it up this time? Or are you just going to be our punching bags like normal?" At that, they all readied themselves for battle.

~ S P E C I A L ~ E V E N T~

Participants: Valincar, Trinity, Auza, Lily, Auza, Sonia, Clara, Tenkai

Opposition: Vayne, Aurora, Samuel, Michelle, Alexander

{ } { } {-} {-} {-} {-} {-} { } { } A
{i} { } {V} {-} {-} {-} {L} { } {i} B
{ } { } { } {A} {-} {M} { } { } { } C
{ } {i} { } { } {S} { } { } {i} { } D
{ } { } { } { } { } { } { } { } { } E
{i} { } { } { } { } { } { } { } {i} F
{ } { } { } { } { } { } { } { } { } G
{ } {i} { } { } { } { } { } {i} { } H
{ } {V} { } { } {T} { } { } { } { } I
{i} { } { } {J} { } { } { } { } {i} J
-1---2---3---4---5---6---7---8---9

Valincar (Nightshade) *FLOAT*
HP: 65/65
MP: 75/75
Atk: 18
Def: 14
Int: 20
Spr: 17
Move: 4 cells

Trinity (Keyblade Knight)
HP: 80/80
MP: 55/55
Atk: 21
Def: 16
Spr: 14
Move: 3 cells

Julia (Battle Glyphograhper)
HP: 55/55
MP: 85/85
Int: 19
Spr: 15

Vayne (Observer)
HP: 85/85
MP: 155/155
Atk: 23
Def: 12
Spr: 16

Aurora (Northern Light)
MP: 95/95
Atk: 22
Int: 15

Samuel (Gentleman)
HP: 140/140
MP: 100/100
Atk: 24
Int: 16
Spr: 18

Michelle (Northern Wind) *FLOAT*
MP: 130/130
Atk: 15
Def: 13
Int: 22
Move: 8 cells

Alexander (Prisoner) *AUTO GUARD* *MANA SUBSTITUTE (7)*
HP: 185/185
MP: 255/255
Atk: 34
Def: 24
Int: 27
Spr: 23

{i} - Column of Ice (cannot be occupied)

{-} - Alter of Ice (cannot be occupied)

Characters may start in rows I-J!

Last edited by Masquerade on Tue Jun 19, 2012 9:08 pm; edited 3 times in total
Masquerade
Masquerade
Eternal Dreamer
Eternal Dreamer

https://eternaldream.forummotion.com

Back to top Go down

Post by Silver Sat Apr 07, 2012 9:29 am

Sonia starts at J6!

Clara starts at I9!

Once again the two walked in together, relatively close, but no longer were either of the two shivering. Thanks to Auza's magic, they stood confident and made their way to their respective positions without one word, only casting a glance at the opposition. They were ready this time; they would win. Then the colosseum and all who chose to visit it would be free of this ice and more importantly these people.
Silver
Silver
Prince of Dreams
Prince of Dreams

Back to top Go down

Post by Zerifachias Sat Apr 07, 2012 9:37 am

Lily starts at I-3.

Off to the front lines. For the first time in a long time, Lily would help lead the charge. Her eyes were ablaze with fury and excitement. Her heart beat faster, and she felt the air around her get a little warmer. That was good, it meant less cold to deal with. Feeling confident, Lily winked and blew a kiss at Vayne to taunt him. "You ready sweetie-pie? I'm coming for you," Lily grinned seductively.

Auza starts at I-4

Auza didn't like being closer to their enemies, it wasn't much her style to be too close, but for most of her magic, she needed to be close. She was still quite a ways away, but there only needed to be one ability she needed to use, her only attacking ability. It would work wonders against one particular enemy, for sure. And she was staring her down with greater ferocity than a hungry tiger.
Zerifachias
Zerifachias
Totes-Mcgoats
Totes-Mcgoats

Back to top Go down

Post by Xenosaga Sat Apr 07, 2012 10:29 am

"Oh please," Tenkai drawled, waving a hand nonchalantly in the air. Her free arm was laid across her chest, supporting the elbow of her other arm. She seemed amused by Vayne's words. "The only reason you can talk like that is because of that man." She casually pointed a finger at Alexander, a laughing gleam in her eye. "You yourself have no power to speak of. We can easily get rid of you in an instant."

"Now shoo," Tenkai flicked her hand dismissively at Vayne. "It's time for the adults to play."

[Tenkai] starts at [I-6].
Xenosaga
Xenosaga
Never Awaken
Never Awaken

Back to top Go down

Post by Masquerade Mon Apr 09, 2012 5:09 pm

Vayne did seem to relent at least a little bit hearing Tenkai's words, but still he continued. "True be it that Alexander is the most capable among us, but if it is by only his power that your inevitable loss is determined, then so be it!"

Participants: Valincar, Trinity, Julia, Lily, Auza, Sonia, Clara, Tenkai

{i} { } {V} {-} {-} {-} {L} { } {i} B
{ } { } { } {A} {-} {M} { } { } { } C
{ } { } { } { } { } { } { } { } { } E
{ } {i} { } { } { } { } { } {i} { } H
{ } {V} {L} {A} {T} {E} { } { } {C} I
{i} { } { } {J} { } {S} { } { } {i} J

Valincar (Nightshade) *FLOAT*

Trinity (Keyblade Knight)

Julia (Battle Glyphograhper)

Lily (Archer Apprentice)
HP: 75/75
Atk: 20
Def: 15
Int: 8
Spr: 12

Auza (Seal Witch)
HP: 60/60
Atk: 3
Int: 18
Move: 2 cells

Sonia (Summoner)
HP: 50/50
MP: 150/150
SC: 2/2
Atk: 7
Def: 20
Spr: 19

Clara (Grand Pianist)
HP: 45/45
MP: 80/80
Atk: 6
Spr: 24
Move: 0 cells

Tenkai (Shadow Assassin)
MP: 50/50
Atk: 27
Def: 17
Int: 6

Vayne (Observer)
MP: 155/155
Atk: 23

Aurora (Northern Light)
MP: 95/95
Atk: 22
Int: 15

Samuel (Gentleman)
HP: 140/140

Michelle (Northern Wind) *FLOAT*
MP: 130/130
Atk: 15
Def: 13
Move: 8 cells

Alexander (Prisoner) *AUTO GUARD* *MANA SUBSTITUTE (7)*

Player Phase 1!

Valincar moves to E2.

Valincar hovered forth, fazing through one of the pillars of ice. He came to a halt and clapped his hands in front of him, bowing his head and closing his eyes. Damn, I misjudged the distance, was all he thought as he began to form a dark cloud of sparking energy in front of him. His eyes shot open and he waved a hand quickly sending the cloud hurtling towards Aurora and watched it strike her easily. He took in the remaining energies to bolster his power and defenses. He was positive that he would need as many boosts as he could gather.

Valincar uses Razing Ambition on Aurora! 28 Dmg! (INT) [All stats +20%]

MP: 59/75

Trinity uses Strike Raid on Samuel! 4 hits! 25 Dmg per hit! (ATK)

MP: 41/55

Trinity was eager to get this over with. The arena had to be the coldest part of the entire colosseum, not to mention the dirtbags who put the place in the condition it was currently in needed to have their asses kicked. Not even stepping forward, Trinity conjured her keyblades in twin flashes of light and hurled them forward, the mighty weapons sailing through the air to strike the gentlemen in her line of fire a few times, the keyblades returning to her hands at last. She kept her stance firm and prepared for counterattacks.

Trinity waits.

Julia initiates Paradise! (1/2)

Julia set about doing what she did best. She closed her eyes as her fingertips began to glow. Her hands lashed out at the air suddenly, her fingers tracing patterns onto nothing, but the glow left a trail behind which, over time, turned out to be pictures of different objects. To those who knew her, she was constructing her eden--a true paradise in every aspect of the word. The trees and woodland critters were familiar and the water flowing through was refreshing. Everything seemed to bask under the delightful sun she traced, and even still she was not finished. It needed more time to be completed.

Julia waits.

Last edited by Masquerade on Mon Apr 09, 2012 8:36 pm; edited 2 times in total
Masquerade
Masquerade
Eternal Dreamer
Eternal Dreamer

Back to top Go down

Post by Zerifachias Mon Apr 09, 2012 5:32 pm

Right after Vayne finished, Lily tossed her bow in front of her, running forward as far as she dared before doing a frontflip to land square on her hands and knees. The icy ground rumbled for a bit before a dozen arrows of hard earth shot up out of the ice, swirling around the battlefield. Lily caught her bow and pointed the end of it down towards Vayne, a smirk crossing her face as the projectiles shot down from above, piercing Vayne's legs, making him look like a porcupine. At least, his bottom half did.

Lily moves to F-3

Lily uses Earthen Spears on Vayne! 20 Atk Earth DMG! 12 hits!

MP: 49/75

"Take that you lousy lout!" Lily taunted, sneering at Vayne.

"Goddess of the Abyss, send your unholy light down upon this wretch and destroy her being," Auza chanted ominously, raising her beads and firing a concentrated beam of energy at Aurora. The quicker she died, the better. Frankly, all of them needed to die, and quickly. Auza didn't like this place before, and she still didn't now. There was something off-putting about the magic here. However, the place now was a complete mess, so it needed fixing.

Auza casts Demi on Aurora! 34 Int Dark DMG!

MP: 82/100
Zerifachias
Zerifachias
Totes-Mcgoats
Totes-Mcgoats

Back to top Go down

Post by Silver Mon Apr 09, 2012 7:16 pm

Sonia *Null Critical Hits* *Total-Poison-Cure Touch*
Hp: 50/50
Mp: 150/150
SC: 2/2

Clara
Hp: 45/45
Mp: 80/80

Sonia casts Guardian of the Astral Plain! Summons Scather to I7!

"Guardian of the Gates, protector of the Gods. I require your aid!" Sonia's voice was uncharacteristically loud, specifically raised in what could only be seen as anger. To be fair, she had plenty to be angry about when it came to these people and their tyranny over the colosseum, so her anger was to be expected. And it seemed that the same emotion of pure disgust rang true for her companion as well; for from the upper dome of the colosseum came a piercing shriek much stronger than most times the dragon had been called. In an instant it was upon the battlefield, seemingly itching to attack the opposition and Sonia just nodded firmly. "Do what you will."

Scather moves to H6!

Scather was quick to follow instruction, though they were not so much instructions as much as they were removing the leash. The dragon swiftly bolted from his former positioning in the icy arena and darted over in front of the Assassin, eyes glowing. In no less time than it took for the draconic familiar to reach his destination, a strange aura, one that everyone was unfamiliar with, began to encircle the dragon. But not one person dared to question it, not even Sonia, who just stood in position, her eyes ablaze with determination. A sudden shriek burst forth a mere minute after the aura had built itself up, a large blast of powerful energy flying forward at the Gentleman who had chosen once again to lead the opposition.

The second the energy hit, a powerful explosion engulfed his two closest allies instantly; the others just barely escaping harm.

Scather casts Energy Blast on Samuel! Aurora and Michelle are also hit! 44 Int Damage!

Clara casts Gliss of Protection on the Ally Party! Bestows Protect!

With the ominous candlelight and Auza's magic keeping her from freezing, Clara began to warm up for battle. Her basic chords and scales melted together until finally she dragged her fingers from one end of the beautiful organ to the other. In an instant the candles surrounding her flared up eerily and a strange purple light formed solid barriers around her and her allies. Though they faded, everyone could still feel the presence of the manifested light; better protection thanks to the fortification of light. "Worry not, the battle is in our favor!"

Sonia *Null Critical Hits* *Total-Poison-Cure Touch* *Protect*
Mp: 138/150
SC: 1/2

Scather *Null Critical Hits* *Protect*
Hp: 95/95
Mp: 42/60
Atk: 19
Int: 29

Clara *Protect*
Mp: 56/80
Silver
Silver
Prince of Dreams
Prince of Dreams

Back to top Go down

Post by Xenosaga Mon Apr 09, 2012 7:40 pm

"My, my, what troublesome youth," Tenkai shook her head before disregarding the boy, who was no doubt unconscious thanks to the sheer brutality from the archer's attack. She had to admire the work for a moment though, it really was nicely done. Something to tear at the enemy's legs so they couldn't move, now wasn't that a pleasant idea for a skill. Upon turning away, Tenkai then focused her attention on her chosen prey.

[Tenkai] moves to [E-6].

"Hello," she greeted plainly to the female in front of her. She then whipped out her hands, several somethings flashing through the air and wrapping around her prey. "And good-bye." Without further words, the assassin pulled, dragging the other toward her. As her target flew past her, light flashed before her prey crumpled to the floor behind her, bleeding all over the floor.

[Tenkai] uses Wire Constriction on [Michelle]. 32 ATK DMG. 8 hits.
MP: 34/50

Her eye flickering over to the man in the corner, Tenkai knew taking any chances was not a good idea. She already knew the power he held in that body of his and it was enough to knock her out instantly the first time they fought. Though she had gotten stronger since then, it was always better to be safe than sorry. Besides, Tenkai smirked, she wanted to get at least one hit in before going down. If she went down.

[Tenkai] activates her S-Ability: Agility. All attacks will be dodged for two turns.
Xenosaga
Xenosaga
Never Awaken
Never Awaken

Back to top Go down

Post by Masquerade Mon Apr 09, 2012 8:55 pm

Vayne takes 96 Dmg!

Vayne KO!

Aurora takes 89 Dmg!

Aurora KO!

Samuel takes 70 Dmg!

HP: 70/140

R-Ability Attaque Retourner activates!

Samuel counterattacks Trinity! 88 Dmg! (ATK)

Samuel counterattacks Scather! 52 Dmg! (INT)

Michelle takes 179 Dmg!

Michelle OVERKILL!!

{i} { } { } {-} {-} {-} {L} { } {i} B
{ } { } { } { } {-} { } { } { } { } C
{ } {V} { } { } { } {E} { } { } { } E
{i} { } {L} { } { } { } { } { } {i} F
{ } {i} { } { } { } {H} { } {i} { } H
{ } { } { } {A} {T} { } { } { } {C} I

The Party's Protect has 3 turns.

Enemy Phase.

Samuel moves to F4.

Taking the damage in stride, Samuel condensed the pure damage into spheres of energy and fired them back towards his attackers. Surely they would be so polite as to share his pain? He laughed a bit before striding up to Lily and tipping his top hat to her. "Such brutality towards my comrades. I'm going to have to ask you to please not do that again." For a moment, he merely grinned, almost as if he was planning on not attacking, but in a blur, a large sword slashed at the archer once, and with masterful strokes, the large gentleman unleashed a horrid chain of powerful slashes, finishing with an even stronger upwards slash towards the end. "I hope you can forgive me. Just being thorough, madame."

Samuel uses S'il Vous Plait on Lily! 10 hits! 24 Dmg! 24 Dmg! 24 Dmg! 24 Dmg! 24 Dmg! 24 Dmg! 24 Dmg! 24 Dmg! 24 Dmg! 43 Dmg! (ATK)

MP: 75/100

Alexander moves to F7.

Alexander uses Non Est Factum! [Phys dmg taken -100%][Bestows Minor Reflect][User cannot Move or Act]

Mana Substitutes: 6/7

"I...I don't like where this is going..." Alexander said, barely audibly. He didn't give second glances to the ones that had already fallen. He merely moved forward with surprising speed, but hunkered down as soon as he stopped. The boy raised a single hand into the air and the bandages surrounding him began to surge upwards before slithering around him, forming a rather large, hollow shell around their master. Inside, he curled up into a ball and closed his eyes. Waiting.

{i} { } { } {-} {-} {-} { } { } {i} B
{ } {i} { } { } { } { } { } {i} { } D
{i} { } {L} {S} { } { } {L} { } {i} F
{ } {i} { } { } { } {H} { } {i} { } H
{ } { } { } {A} {T} { } { } { } {C} I

Alexander's Non Est Factum has 2 turns.

Player Phase 2!

Valincar (Nightshade) *FLOAT* *PROTECT*
MP: 59/75
Atk: 18 --- 22
Def: 14 --- 17
Int: 20 --- 24
Spr: 17 --- 20

Trinity (Keyblade Knight) *PROTECT*
HP: 44/80
MP: 41/55

Julia (Battle Glyphograhper) *PROTECT*

Lily (Archer Apprentice) *PROTECT*
HP: 25/75
MP: 49/75

Auza (Seal Witch) *PROTECT*
MP: 82/100

Sonia (Summoner) *PROTECT*
MP: 138/150

Scather (Mana Dragon) *PROTECT*
HP: 61/95
MP: 42/60

Clara (Grand Pianist) *PROTECT*
MP: 56/80

Tenkai (Shadow Assassin) *PROTECT* *AGILITY*
MP: 34/50

Vayne (Observer) *KO*

Aurora (Northern Light) *KO*

Samuel (Gentleman)
HP: 70/140
MP: 75/100

Michelle (Northern Wind) *OVERKILL*

Alexander (Prisoner) *AUTO GUARD* *MANA SUBSTITUTE (6)* *NON EST FACTUM*

Valincar uses Razing Ambition on Samuel! 34 Dmg! (INT) [All stats +20%]

MP: 43/75

Things were starting off great. The so-called gentleman, Samuel, had unleashed enough hurt to make up for those who fell, but they were still doing wonderful, even going as far as to have Alexander cowarding within his little sphere of bandages. "Never seen him do that before; I guess it's a good thing?" he voiced aloud, but wasn't sure what to make of it. His attention turned to Samuel and he clapped his hands together again, putting forth his all into concentrating. A large cloud of dark energy formed and he sent it flying towards Samuel with a wave of his hand. He watched as it collided with its intended target before absorbing the residual energy to grow even stronger.

Valincar waits.

Trinity moves to H3.

Seeing that they were in good standings, Trinity set about trying to get some of the others, along with herself, back up to full health. If there was anything she had learned from the last battle she was in, it was that they would need it. For even though the strongest of their opponents was cooped up within a sphere of bandages, he would emerge eventually, and when that happened, all Hell was going to break loose. Trinity skidded to a halt near Lily and raised a hand into the air. A decently sized bell appeared in the air in a flash of golden light, and as it chimed, sparkles of pure light rained down upon those in its proximity, namely herself and Lily. "Hope that was worth something," she said, nodding to the archer.

Trinity casts Cura on G3! Affects Trinity and Lily! [+32 HP Restored]

MP: 23/55

Julia uses Paradise! (2/2)

MP: 58/85

With a few finishing touches, Julia stopped her artwork. There seemed to be a lull in the battle, but she didn't take the moment for granted. She snapped her fingers sending her glyph expanding outwards, touching upon each of her allies in this battle which graced them with the power she imbued within it. "What are we to do with him?" she asked openly, pointing at Alexander.

Julia waits.

Last edited by Masquerade on Tue Apr 10, 2012 5:10 pm; edited 1 time in total
Masquerade
Masquerade
Eternal Dreamer
Eternal Dreamer

Back to top Go down

Post by Silver Mon Apr 09, 2012 9:25 pm

Sonia *Null Critical Hits* *Total-Poison-Cure Touch* *Protect*
Mp: 138/150

Scather *Null Critical Hits* *Protect*
Hp: 61/95
Mp: 42/60

Clara *Protect* *15% Evasion*
Mp: 56/80

Sonia looked over at Alexander warily, not liking the way he had the bandages covering him. "I don't think attacking him would be a good idea... especially not with magic." she voiced her opinion to the others, putting emphasis on the end of her sentence. The others probably figured that attacking him in his current state would get them no where, but the last part might not have been clear; after all they all probably could not sense the shift in mana around him.

Sonia moves to I5!

Sonia eased her way over to Trinity's former positioning, noticing that the Gentleman was still standing, and had forcibly attacked Lily at that. Had Clara's protective barrier not absorbed some of the damage, the Archer would likely be dead. At the thought of that, Sonia's grip on her staff tightened, her knuckles becoming white. He could not be allowed to try that again, Lily likely would not be able to handle that kind of torment; even if Trinity had just healed her.

So, taking a deep breath and holding her staff out to her side, Sonia began to send mana rushing through her to the very tip of her weapon. The natural ethereal light it gave off shined brightly at this, and a simple twirl only enhanced that. As soon as she span full-circle, five orbs of light similar to the staff's appeared in front of her only to be shot off one by one towards the man. Though he did not fall, Sonia knew he was that much closer... only a few more hits. Looking to Scather she nodded, giving him the signal to go ahead once more.

Sonia casts Holy on Samuel! 5 Hits! 22 Light Int Damage per hit!

Scather quickly charged up mana once more, preparing to unleash the same deadly attack as before. The lack of enemies made it a little less battle effective, but being that it was his strongest ability, it would surely leave the man dead or at the very least close to it. As soon as the mana was charged to its maximum capacity, Scather fired it off in a powerful blast that engulfed the Gentleman, leaving him on his last legs.

Scather casts Energy Blast on Samuel! 44 Int Damage!

Scather however, did not stop at just that, noticing out of the corner of his eye that the most powerful opponent had moved into his territory. While his defensive actions were taken as cowardly by his master's allies, the dragon looked over at where he had been standing before. It was not much farther a distance to reach the Organist, who had no way of moving from her position now that she was playing. In an effort to prevent the unlikely possibility that he was targeting her, the dragon snaked up to a position dangerously close the cocooned man.

Scather moves to G7!

Clara had been rather tense up until Scather moved over to the man. Though it was unlikely he was going to target her, she still did not like the idea of him getting much closer. He was truly powerful, as she had seen in her previous battle with him, and that power frightened her. Nevertheless, with a semi-promising barrier between her and the man for now, Clara relaxed and changed her tune over to a rather soothing rhapsody with an upbeat melody.

Clara casts Revitalizing Rhapsody on the Ally Party! Bestows Regen and Mp Regen!

Sonia *Null Critical Hits* *Total-Poison-Cure Touch* *Protect* *Regen* *Mp Regen*
Mp: 124/150

Scather *Null Critical Hits* *Protect* *Regen* *Mp Regen*
Hp: 61/95
Mp: 24/60

Clara *15% Evasion* *Protect* *Regen* *Mp Regen*
Mp: 20/80
Silver
Silver
Prince of Dreams
Prince of Dreams

Back to top Go down

Post by Zerifachias Tue Apr 10, 2012 5:28 am

"Aw, how sweet of you," Lily nearly coughed, glancing up at Samuel. She was bleeding pretty badly from his attacks, and felt angry, but refused to show her anger to the gentleman. After all, he was merely trying to avenge his comrades, right? Lily saw Trinity come over and heal most of her wounds. "Yes, thank you, Trinity. This is worth more than you can imagine." Lily nodded, then raised her bow, knocking back two arrows and aiming for Samuel's...lesser parts.

Lily attacks Samuel! 20 Atk DMG! 2 hits!

Lily moves to G-5.

Auza moves to I-6.

Perhaps she would be able to do something. Not in Alexander's current state, but when he finally revealed himself to the world. Auza would love to gain complete and utter dominance over the boy's body, and her magic was just itching to claim it for her own. Distorting Alexander's mind may work, after all. She had never tried it on him before, but was willing to give it a shot. Of course, that Tenkai woman would need some protection from bodily ailments as soon as her ability wore off. For now, Auza stayed quiet, contemplating.

Auza waits.
Zerifachias
Zerifachias
Totes-Mcgoats
Totes-Mcgoats

Back to top Go down

Post by Xenosaga Tue Apr 10, 2012 11:03 am

Well, this was a disappointment. She had expected the man to lash out and attack them all, at least getting rid of one of their members. But, instead, he hid himself away in a barrier, which, Tenkai noted as she scratched a claw against the wall, was quite effective. She had a feeling she wouldn't be able to pierce it even if she wanted to.

Shaking her head, the assassin dismissed the man for the moment to focus on the last of his allies. She moved to attack but found it was unneeded when the archer finished him off with two arrows at him. She was, again, impressed by the cruelty the girl displayed. It seemed the other did not hesitate in going for the more painful areas at all.

Tenkai crossed her arms. It seemed there was nothing for her to do but wait for the man to come out of his shell. Then, for now, she would set herself up for her attack. Eye glowing, green acid began to drip from her nails, leaving burning holes on the icy floor.

[Tenkai] uses Poisoned Blow. All attacks have an added Poison effect. Lasts 4 Turns.
MP: 27/50
Xenosaga
Xenosaga
Never Awaken
Never Awaken

Back to top Go down

Post by Masquerade Tue Apr 10, 2012 5:42 pm

Samuel takes 74 Dmg!

Samuel KO!

{i} { } {L} { } { } { } {L} { } {i} F
{ } { } { } { } { } { } {H} { } { } G
{ } {i} {T} { } { } { } { } {i} { } H
{ } { } { } {A} {S} { } { } { } {C} I

Tenkai's Agility has 1 turn left.

The Party's Protect has 2 turns left.

The Party's Regen has 5 turns.

The Party's MP Regen has 5 turns.

The Party's Paradise has 10 turns.

Tenkai's Poisoned Blow has 4 turns.

Enemy Phase.

Alexander waits.

He was safe for the moment, but he knew he'd have to break free soon enough and wreak havoc on them as he had before. I don't even know why we have to do this... he thought, holding himself as he stayed curled up within his solid defense. And there he remained, regardless of what was going on outside. For now, he would enjoy the last moments of his own little world.

{i} { } {L} { } { } { } {L} { } {i} F
{ } { } { } {A} {S} { } { } { } {C} I

Alexander's Non Est Factum has 1 turn left.

Player Phase 3!

Valincar (Nightshade) *FLOAT* *PROTECT* *REGEN [10]* *MP REGEN [4]* *PARADISE*
MP: 66/75
Atk: 18 --- 22 --- 26
Def: 14 --- 17 --- 20
Int: 20 --- 24 --- 29
Spr: 17 --- 20 --- 24

Trinity (Keyblade Knight) *PROTECT* *REGEN [12]* *MP REGEN [3]* *PARADISE*
MP: 45/55

Julia (Battle Glyphographer) *PROTECT* *REGEN [8]* *MP REGEN [4]* *PARADISE*
MP: 81/85

Lily (Archer Apprentice) *PROTECT* *REGEN [11]* *MP REGEN [4]* *PARADISE*
MP: 72/75

Auza (Seal Witch) *PROTECT* *REGEN [9]* *MP REGEN [5]* *PARADISE*

Sonia (Summoner) *PROTECT* *REGEN [8]* *MP REGEN [8]* *PARADISE*

Scather (Mana Dragon) *PROTECT* *REGEN [14]* *MP REGEN [3]* *PARADISE*
HP: 94/95
MP: 46/60

Clara (Grand Pianist) *PROTECT* *REGEN [7]* *MP REGEN [4]* *PARADISE*
MP: 43/80

Tenkai (Shadow Assassin) *PROTECT* *AGILITY* *REGEN [13]* *MP REGEN [3]* *PARADISE* *POISONED BLOW*
MP: 48/50

Vayne (Observer) *KO*

Samuel (Gentleman) *KO*

Alexander (Prisoner) *AUTO GUARD* *MANA SUBSTITUTE (6)* *NON EST FACTUM*

Valincar moves to E4.

Not a single one of them had fallen, and only one enemy remained now, still enclosed within an impenetrable shell of bandages. How much longer would he stall? Valincar was very wary of his power, but he was severely outmatched at this time. He could feel an air of triumph start to settle over him and the entirety of the arena. At the moment, things were looking rather dull. There was nothing he could do against Alexander like this. The nightshade raised his hand into the air. "Time for some reinforcements! O guardian of this grand earth, heed my call! Sword and shield in hand, rise from the soil which gave birth to you and fight until the very end: Rock Knight!" The floor of the arena began to shake slightly before the bipedal rock creature emerged from beneath, an impressive rock sword in its hand while a shield rested in the other. It gazed, despite lacking eyes, yet still managed to face Alexander, designating him as the immediate threat.

Valincar uses Summon - Rock Knight! [Rock Knight is summoned to E5]

MP: 28/75

Trinity uses Guard! [All damage taken -50% for one turn]

MP: 37/55

Feeling way better than she had before, Trinity turned to face Alexander now, her weapons held up in front of her defensively. She had no idea when that monster was going to come out, but when he did, she was sure that she wouldn't be taken by surprise. She had to be ready. Looking about slightly, she realized he was heavily outnumbered. Not like it makes a difference; this guy's an army of one, Trinity thought flatly, but shook her head. The power of light would prevail this time. No doubts.

Trinity waits.

Julia waits.

Many of the others, Julia noticed, had something to do in the meantime while Alexander cowered away within his barrier, but she herself was left with nothing. It was unsettling just waiting around. When was the boy going to come out and fight them? She rubbed her knuckles tenderly, keeping her feet firm and slightly spread apart. She imagined it would be slightly insane to be eager for him to come out, but she felt confident, as she was sure some of the others felt. For now, she held her ground and waited.

Last edited by Masquerade on Fri Apr 13, 2012 1:08 pm; edited 2 times in total
Masquerade
Masquerade
Eternal Dreamer
Eternal Dreamer

Back to top Go down

Post by Zerifachias Tue Apr 10, 2012 6:27 pm

"Preparing for the finale," Lily muttered, looking around at the others. Everyone seemed confident that this would be their final trial to pass. And by the looks of things, they would pass with flying colors. But perhaps some preparations were in order before Lily tried to help. She backed away as far as she could manage while still keeping Alexander in her sights. The further away she was for this, the better. Lily was no meat shield, especially with this particular ability.

Lily's emotions boiled and rose to her surface, the mana in her body giving off a bloody red color. If this was truly the grand finale, Lily was going to hit this little boy with everything she had. "Fury of the Archer, activate," Lily spoke with a grin.

Lily activates Archer's Fury! Attack doubles! Defense and Spirit halved! Range is now infinite!

Atk: 40
Def: 7
Spr: 6

MP: 58/75

Lily moves to E-1

"Well, here," Auza sighed, looking over at Tenkai, whose ability was about to wear off. "I will grant you an immunity that can withstand most ailments." Auza graced Tenkai's body with a purple glyph that created a purplish barrier around her, guarding every side of her body. Attacks would be able to penetrate, but any additional effects they might carry would have zero effect on Tenkai now.

Auza casts Bonds of Protection on Tenkai! Grants Immunity.

MP: 86/100

Last edited by Zerflah on Tue Apr 10, 2012 7:49 pm; edited 1 time in total
Zerifachias
Zerifachias
Totes-Mcgoats
Totes-Mcgoats

Back to top Go down

Post by Silver Tue Apr 10, 2012 7:45 pm

Sonia *Null Critical Hits* *Total-Poison-Cure Touch* *Protect* *Regen* *Mp Regen*

Hp: 94/95
Mp: 46/60

Mp: 43/80

Sonia moves to J5!

Not one of her allies had fallen, and now only the army of one remained on the enemy lines; still protected by a shell of bandages. With no other preparations to make on her part, Sonia instead chose to take a step back. There was no telling when the strange man would break away from the bandages and attack; they would need to be ready for him.

Scather waits.

Scather, with no abilities to prepare for the upcoming shift in battle, stood in a stalwart position. Hopefully if he remained close to the man, he would be able to spare one of his allies the pain that was soon to come. No doubt their only opponent would be on the offensive soon.

Clara casts Decrescendo on herself! -50% Damage Taken Next Turn!

Clara tensed up as she watched the shelled man from her seated positioning. She knew what would happen the second he came out of that shell, and it would not be good. Taking a moment to play softer and softer, she felt the barrier around her expand and create another shell. It was not much of a change, but it would keep her alive should he attack her soon.

Hp: 94/95
Mp: 46/60

Mp: 35/80
Silver
Silver
Prince of Dreams
Prince of Dreams

Back to top Go down

Post by Xenosaga Wed Apr 11, 2012 11:23 am

"Why, thank you," Tenkai said, watching as purple glyphs surrounded her. It would be useful when the man directed his attacks toward her. She eyed the barrier the man had hidden himself in for a moment before taking a step backwards. He would soon emerge from his hiding place and Tenkai would rather not get caught up in the assault that would surely follow his emergence.

[Tenkai] moves to [D-6].

Almost as an afterthought, Tenkai decided to hide herself away into the shadows. Just an extra precaution, she wanted to get at least one attack in after all.

[Tenkai] uses Hide on herself. Grants Invisibility until next attack.
MP: 40/50
Xenosaga
Xenosaga
Never Awaken
Never Awaken

Back to top Go down

Post by Masquerade Fri Apr 13, 2012 1:30 pm

{ } {i} { } { } { } {E} { } {i} { } D
{L} { } { } {V} {R} { } { } { } { } E
{i} { } { } { } { } { } {L} { } {i} F
{ } { } { } {A} { } { } { } { } {C} I
{i} { } { } {J} {S} { } { } { } {i} J

Tenkai's Agility fades.

The Party's Protect has 1 turn left.

The Party's Regen has 4 turns left.

The Party's MP Regen has 4 turns left.

The Party's Paradise has 9 turns left.

Tenkai's Poisoned Blow has 3 turns left.

Trinity's next damage taken is halved.

Lily's Archer's Fury has 3 turns.

Clara's next damage taken is halved.

Tenkai is Invisible.

Tenkai's Immunity has 3 turns.

Enemy Phase.

Alexander's Non Est Factum fades.

Alexander moves to E7.

"All....alone...," the boy murmured. The shell of bandages surrounding him slowly lost their solidity and slid gently to the ground all around him. They snaked their way to him, caressing his cheek tenderly. There was a great sadness in his eyes as he stood. "My...friends. They took my friends away from me..." The boy's solemn eyes glanced at each of his fallen comrades, their blood painting the ice floor red. His gaze fell upon the undead one. "Crimes...they must be paid for." Alexander crouched down suddenly and leapt into the air, his body spinning fast. At the pinnacle of his ascent, he angled himself downwards, still spinning, and headed straight for Valincar like a missile. His bandages flapped in the wind before meeting together at the top of his head to form a vicious point. He crashed into Valincar, stabbing him. Two bandages shot downwards fast to keep Alexander airborne, and the boy unleashed a rain of vicious blows upon him with his bandages before finally backing away.

Alexander uses Grand Felony on Valincar! 7 Piercing Dmg!
---Alexander links Arraignment! 6 hits! 31 Dmg per hit! (ATK)

MP: 231/255

{ } {i} { } { } { } {E} { } {i} { } D
{L} { } { } {V} {R} { } {L} { } { } E
{ } { } { } {A} { } { } { } { } {C} I
{i} { } { } {J} {S} { } { } { } {i} J

Player Phase 4!

Valincar (Nightshade) *FLOAT* *PROTECT* *REGEN [10]* *MP REGEN [4]* *PARADISE*
HP: 57/65
MP: 51/75
Atk: 18 --- 22 --- 26
Def: 14 --- 17 --- 20
Int: 20 --- 24 --- 29
Spr: 17 --- 20 --- 24

Rock Knight (Natura Warrior)
HP: 70/70
MP: 45/45
Atk: 28
Def: 32
Int: 9

Trinity (Keyblade Knight) *PROTECT* *REGEN [12]* *MP REGEN [3]* *PARADISE*

Julia (Battle Glyphographer) *PROTECT* *REGEN [8]* *MP REGEN [4]* *PARADISE*

Lily (Archer Apprentice) *PROTECT* *REGEN [11]* *MP REGEN [4]* *PARADISE*
Atk: 20 --- 40
Def: 15 --- 7
Spr: 12 --- 6

Auza (Seal Witch) *PROTECT* *REGEN [9]* *MP REGEN [5]* *PARADISE*

Sonia (Summoner) *PROTECT* *REGEN [8]* *MP REGEN [8]* *PARADISE*

Scather (Mana Dragon) *PROTECT* *REGEN [14]* *MP REGEN [3]* *PARADISE*
HP: 95/95
MP: 60/60

Clara (Grand Pianist) *PROTECT* *REGEN [7]* *MP REGEN [4]* *PARADISE*
MP: 58/80

Tenkai (Shadow Assassin) *PROTECT* *REGEN [13]* *MP REGEN [3]* *PARADISE* *POISONED BLOW* *INVISIBLE* *IMMUNITY*
MP: 50/50

Vayne (Observer) *KO*

Samuel (Gentleman) *KO*

Alexander (Prisoner) *AUTO GUARD* *MANA SUBSTITUTE (6)*
MP: 231/255

Valincar uses Razing Ambition on Alexander! 41 Dmg! (INT) [All stats +20%]

MP: 35/75

The boy's attacks were powerful beyond imagination, but luckily, Clara's magic was still in place, the barrier surrounding him mitigating the effects of the blows that rained down upon him. It was then that he could feel the healing effects of both Clara and Julia's magic, though he wasn't going to take it for granted. Clasping his hands in front of him, he conjured another cloud of dark energy and hurled it at Alexander. "The only crimes committed here are the ones committed by you and your so-called friends. We're only seeking to reverse the damage you've caused!" he shouted valiantly.

Valincar waits.

Rock Knight moves to E6.

The knight had been summoned and had already almost lost its master. Sensing its summoner's anguish and rage, the knight trundled forth slowly, coming to a halt in front of the target of Valincar's wrath. It raised its earthen blade and slashed into Alexander a couple of times.

Rock Knight attacks Alexander! 2 hits! 28 Dmg per hit! (ATK)

Trinity casts Cura on E3! Affects Valincar! [+32 HP Recovered]

MP: 37/55

Trinity raised a hand into the air. Another golden bell formed in a flash of light near Valincar, and as it chimed, it rained golden sparkles down upon him. As they touched upon his injuries, they vanished, sewn together by the healing magic. "We'll have to keep this up!" she called out to everyone, the seriousness of who they were facing falling upon her. "If we leave even a single gap in our defenses, we're done for!" She was sure everyone was aware of this, but there was no harm in reiterating, especially in such a trying fight as this one.

Trinity waits.

Julia moves to J7.

Julia dodged past Sonia aiming to take action quickly. This was one enemy they couldn't leave standing for long. With her fingertips glowing with dark light, she traced two glyphs in the air that were very reminiscent of eyes before tracing a single dark line through both downwards at the same time. A dark cloud seemed to form around Alexander's head, sparks of black lightning flashing every once in a while. Julia knew it would be feeding nightmares into the boy's already disturbed mind, something she hoped would be an asset for this fight.

Julia uses Shaded View on Alexander! 10 Piercing Dmg! [Chance of Blind][Damage persists for 3 turns]

MP: 67/85

Last edited by Masquerade on Fri Apr 13, 2012 6:50 pm; edited 1 time in total
Masquerade
Masquerade
Eternal Dreamer
Eternal Dreamer

Back to top Go down

Post by Xenosaga Fri Apr 13, 2012 1:42 pm

"Ah, so you've finally shown yourself once more," Tenkai purred, waving away her invisibility. "Now then, let us see how well your guard will work this time." Without further ado, Tenkai slammed her hand on the ground. A ripple of darkness glided across the floor, grabbing a hold of Alexander and holding him in place. Rising back to her feet, Tenkai flexed her claws and in an instant, vanished.

Moving at a speed to fast to see, she struck a myriad of blows on the lone man, claws flashing each time she struck him with hints of green acid. In seconds, the assassin reappeared in her original position and stepped back to see how she had done.

[Tenkai] uses Target Field. [Alexander] is affected. 41 ATK DMG. 15 hits. Sure Hit. Chance of Poison. Chance of random negative status effect.
MP: 18/50
Xenosaga
Xenosaga
Never Awaken
Never Awaken

Back to top Go down

Post by Zerifachias Fri Apr 13, 2012 1:52 pm

Lily moves to G-2

Lily moved further away from Alexander. The further she was from the boy, the better, especially with her weakened defenses. But it was only for a little while, and besides, with her eyes like a hawk, her attacks would only become more powerful the further she got from her target. It was a little strange, but it worked. Lily's mana became more powerful with Lock-On active.

"Take this you son of a bitch," Lily murmured, raising her bow and pulling back the string without an arrow. Lily began to channel mana to the bow, and an arrow made of light began to form where there should have been one. When the arrow was manifested, shining light around itself like a barrier, Lily fired it at Alexander. The arrow streaked towards Alexander and exploded in a furious light, causing four streaks of light to split out from the explosion and home right back in on the boy with the bandages, each one making a smaller eruption of light as they hit.

Lily fires a Purifying Projectile! 75 Atk Light DMG! 63 Atk Light DMG! 63 Atk Light DMG! 63 Atk Light DMG! 63 Atk Light DMG! Chance of Petrify! -32 MP.

MP: 43/75

"Before you become completely useless, let me protect you,"
Auza growled at Lily, who was already firing her arrow of light at Alexander as a purple glyph appeared over her head, the familiar runes circling her body now to protect her from physical and mental ailments. Auza would have to wait before attempting to possess Alexander, though she could try to disable him instead. If it was even possible to disable or possess him...Perhaps the Anti-Gamma field would help?

Auza casts Bonds of Protection on Lily! Grants Immunity. -14 MP.

MP: 86/100
Zerifachias
Zerifachias
Totes-Mcgoats
Totes-Mcgoats

Back to top Go down

Post by Sponsored content

Sponsored content

Back to top Go down

Page 14 of 16 Previous  1 ... 8 ... 13, 14, 15, 16  Next