Eternal Dream
Would you like to react to this message? Create an account in a few clicks or log in to continue.

Tales of Alidaire: The Chase

2 posters

Page 17 of 30 Previous  1 ... 10 ... 16, 17, 18 ... 23 ... 30  Next

Go down

Tales of Alidaire: The Chase - Page 17 Empty Re: Tales of Alidaire: The Chase

Post by Zerifachias Fri Apr 06, 2012 4:36 pm

"Most people would be confused about what to do next if they suddenly lost their purpose," Auza told Henry, ignoring Macha's hand on her shoulder. Auza turned to Macha next, a bit out of order, but she didn't care. "It would be a waste not to make use of the abilities they gained from years of thievery. This can hardly be called doing good, since it also does evil, but this is the best use of their abilities I could think of. It suits them just fine."

Auza became quite the talker within the group. Never before had she spoken casually this much. It puzzled her for endless moments, but she did not mind it much. Perhaps she was growing fond of them, attached in a way. Even to the noisy, thick-headed Klein. Maybe.

Instead of sharing words about leaving, Auza decided enough was enough, and headed on out the door, using her excellent memory to track the simplest and fastest way out of the manor. She didn't want to come back here for awhile. Auza desired a change of place, and that's where they would be headed. To the capital.
Zerifachias
Zerifachias
Totes-Mcgoats
Totes-Mcgoats

Back to top Go down

Post by Masquerade Fri Apr 06, 2012 7:07 pm

With nothing left to do in the manor of the thieves, an organization now crumbled, the party departed and didn't look back. There was no need. The remaining thieves would scatter, and there was no telling what the demons would do, but seeing as how there weren't many left, there didn't appear to be a major problem. If any problems did arise, rest assured the guards of the nearby towns and settlements could handle it. With that in mind, they pressed east through the Sungai Tanah. They had been quite close to the west coast of Berbatu, so the trip took a bit longer than expected leading them to have to stay the night in the wilderness. The members of the group took shifts, but all appeared somewhat calmer in the Sungai Tanah than before. The next day, they picked themselves up and continued onwards. It wasn't long from then that they caught sight of the mass of large buildings in the distance that formed the capital city of Tengah.

Upon drawing nearer to the city, it was easily observable that the inhabitants were not much worried about their safety, for it lacked a proper wall. There were obvious entry points such as the one to which the group drew nearer and nearer. The buildings were rather tall and close together, made of either stone or clay or a combination of the two. All of it was red or a brownish-red, so everythign matched. Amidst the rather earthen land, it seemed so natural--beautiful in its own way. The roads were cobblestone, covered in red dust and dirt to match the buildings. The group trod down the main path. There were plenty of people in the street. Small groups of women in garments made of cloth, mainly colored brown, red, orange and other similar colors, were standing about talking to one another cheerily. A few traveling merchants had small stands on the side of the street selling crafts, candies, and other souvenirs. The more impressive businesses could be found in buildings around the large city.

"I could never imagine a place like this could exist!!!" Klein shouted joyously and punched the air. The group had come to a stop, and Klein's exclamation earned them some questionable, yet lighthearted looks from the people nearby.

Henry took in a deep breath, but wound up coughing a bit, taking too much dust into his nose. "Probably not the best idea...," he said sheepishly. "Welcome to Tengah, Mister Klein and Miss Auza. I've been here before, so I can go and get us rooms at the inn if you want. I know exactly where it is." He pointed down the main street, and then shifted it to the right. "Right down that road and it'll be the second building on the left. Impossible to miss." He glanced at Klein who had his eyes closed performing backflips. Henry shook his head, but didn't lose his smile.

"Well well, I think I'm going to explore. Catch you guys later~" Macha said playfully before taking off on her own leaving the others behind for the moment.
Masquerade
Masquerade
Eternal Dreamer
Eternal Dreamer

https://eternaldream.forummotion.com

Back to top Go down

Post by Zerifachias Fri Apr 06, 2012 7:17 pm

She was never a city girl. The country is where she fit in the most. Calm, quiet, and easy-going. The hustle and bustle of cities didn't bother her, Auza just didn't feel at home in cities. Regardless, there was exploring to be had, and what better time than the present? Macha went off on her own way, they'd see her again for sure. Auza primarily wanted to get as far away from Klein as possible. She didn't feel like being associated with the energetic and loud boy.

After Henry pointed out the way to the inn, Auza felt that splitting up was in order. So she turned to Klein and said, "Klein, I expect you to be out of my sight shortly. I'll walk with Henry to the inn so I know it's exact location." An excuse to get away from Klein, yes, but it shouldn't matter. The boy would disappear soon with just her subtle threat. Besides, Auza was bound to get turned around in such a large city. Directional capabilities were not Auza's forte. But for now, Auza gave Henry one of her rare, genuine smiles. "Lead the way, Henry."
Zerifachias
Zerifachias
Totes-Mcgoats
Totes-Mcgoats

Back to top Go down

Post by Masquerade Fri Apr 06, 2012 7:33 pm

"Not a problem; it's hard to have fun with you around anyway!" he retorted before performing a speedy cartwheel and dashing off. He knew she probably wouldn't like his little comment. Either that or she'd actually laugh considering she probably wouldn't want anything to do with his brand of fun. He was sure there were things she liked to do in her free time, but asking her seemed to be...low on his priority list. Not my fault she has some vendetta against me to the point where she's unapproachable, he thought, starting to pace himself a bit so he wouldn't run out of breath.

Henry watched Klein take off and disappear. "Wow...Klein can really run when his life's in danger," the boy remarked quietly to himself and laughed. He started walking down the path with Auza in tow; there was no doubt she wouldn't follow. She had told him to lead the way. "You don't seem very at ease, Miss Auza," he spoke to her. "I figured you of all people would be happy to be away from the manor." He wasn't sure if it was that she wasn't happy, but there definitely seemed to be something wrong.
Masquerade
Masquerade
Eternal Dreamer
Eternal Dreamer

Back to top Go down

Post by Zerifachias Sat Apr 07, 2012 5:56 am

"Not happy, only relieved," Auza corrected. She wasn't entirely focused on Henry, rather she was scanning the surrounding area. Now that Klein was gone though, she could relax a little more. His comment hadn't affected her. Frankly, she thought him to be immature and childish with that little comment. It's a wonder she hasn't seriously disabled him in some way yet. But children make mistakes, so Auza would tolerate him for now. Maybe Macha would pound some manners and proper etiquette into that boy.

"I have not felt happiness in many years." Auza was rather talkative today, at least with Henry. "My life has been centered around traveling and banishing demons who wreak havoc on this world. Dalmaschior received...treatment...first, and Berbatu is next. I've been at this for four years already, I don't have time for happiness." Four years of work. Nearly five, actually. She first set out on the day she turned 16. This would be the fifth year, but her 21-year day was still quite a ways off. But that didn't mean anything to her. This year was no different from the last year, or the year after. The only thing that changed was the setting and the area, and the people whom she traveled with. In Dalmaschior, she had only one companion, and he ended up dead. Happiness? No, that was far from her mind at this point. There was simply a lot that needed to get done.
Zerifachias
Zerifachias
Totes-Mcgoats
Totes-Mcgoats

Back to top Go down

Post by Masquerade Sat Apr 07, 2012 9:30 am

A little perturbed by the woman's answer, Henry nodded. Auza was one who was absorbed in her work, and it was great that she was. There was no doubt in the boy's mind that she did her job well, especially after he had bore witness to her in action. "I...see," he responded quietly as they continued to walk along. They reached the side street he had indicated and turned. "Maybe one of these days...things won't be so bad, and there won't be so many demons running about." His voice was hopeful. Henry knew there were people out there who killed monsters indiscriminately, and some of them had to be demons. The chances of them all disappearing though?

Slim to none, boy, Vincent interrupted Henry's thoughts. His voice was rather droll, yet slightly amused at what Henry was thinking. Don't get your hopes up.

Henry ignored his brother and continued on. "I'd just like to think there would come a time that you could experience happiness again..."
Masquerade
Masquerade
Eternal Dreamer
Eternal Dreamer

Back to top Go down

Post by Zerifachias Sat Apr 07, 2012 9:58 am

"Perhaps," Auza admitted. She could tell what the boy was thinking, and she appreciated his thoughts. Auza allowed an amusing thought to cross her mind, and she spoke again, "I say Dalmaschior received treatment, but there are a lot of corners that I passed by or ignored. Rid the world of demons? No, I couldn't possibly accomplish that. My ultimate goal is to get the population and behaviors of demons under control. But even that is a tall task, I doubt I'd be able to do it alone. Especially since some provinces would burn me at the stake if they saw my magic."

Auza knew enough about certain lands to stay far, far away from. The practice of magic would end up getting her killed. The places she didn't visit or cleanse...those were the places where plenty of demons hid from her. And as soon as the demons began to take notice of her here...well. Then she would have to move on to the next continent.

"Besides," Auza turned her head forward, her expression unreadable. "If I get distracted by such primitive desires, someone is bound to get killed." That's why she distanced herself from others. Auza was not afraid to make acquaintances, she just didn't want them to die.
Zerifachias
Zerifachias
Totes-Mcgoats
Totes-Mcgoats

Back to top Go down

Post by Masquerade Sun Apr 08, 2012 5:49 pm

Auza's words made Henry realize how different people could be. Magic was second nature to him, but there were definitely those out there who feared it. He determined it was most likely a good thing Auza was the way she was. It allowed her to stay alive, and she seemed intent to not have anyone else die the way her last partner had. "I understand," he voiced after a few moments of silence. They were standing in front of a large building with at least three floors made of red clay. There was a large sign showing that the building was in fact the inn.

"Well, this would be it. I'll book us the room and then do a bit of exploring myself. We should definitely enjoy ourselves while we're here," Henry explained, gesturing to the rest of the city. "Most of the shops should be open. It would most likely be wise to pick up some more supplies." He bowed his head with a smile and scurried off into the building leaving Auza to do as she wished.

~Item Shop~

Herb (Recovers 10 HP upon use) / Gold: 20 / Stock: 5

Potion (Recovers 20 HP upon use) / Gold: 50 / Stock: 3

Mana Shard (Recovers 5 MP upon use) / Gold: 35 / Stock: 5

Mana Powder (Recovers 10 MP upon use) / Gold: 75 / Stock: 0

Antidote (Removes Poison and Severe Poison upon use) / Gold: 30 / Stock: 5

Anti-venom (Removes Venom upon use) / Gold: 55 / Stock: 0

Life Crystal (Revives fallen character with 20% Max HP) / Gold: 150 / Stock: 2

Chest Key (Unlocks treasure chests) / Gold: 120 / Stock: 5

~Weapon Shop~

Scalar Sword (Silver-bladed sword with a hilt comprised of fairly hard scales gathered from native reptiles. Increases ATK by 4; equippable by Klein, Macha) / Gold: 135 / Stock: 4

Snow Quill (Made of a feather as white as snow, this beautiful quill radiates a slightly cold aura. Increases INT by 4; equippable by Henry; Ice elemental) / Gold: 140 / Stock: 1

Slayer (A scythe found in a random field with a blade coated in fresh blood. Its origins are unknown. Increases ATK by 2 and INT by 3; equippable by Vincent; damage to humanoids +10%) / Gold: 155 / Stock: 2

Runic Beads (Violet beads made from amethyst that have golden symbols imbued upon them. Increases INT by 5; equippable by Auza; Added Effect: Silence) / Gold: 170 / Stock: 1

~Armor Shop~

Steel Mail (Rather heavyweight mail completely constructed from solid steel. Increases DEF by 4; equippable by Klein; Physical damage taken -5%) / Gold: 110 / Stock: 1

Bustling Coat (Somewhat of a business coat, it is made for improving the comfort of harried people that are often on the go. Increases DEF by 3 and SPR by 3; equippable by Henry) / Gold: 145 / Stock: 2

Festive Robes (Robes in warm colors, they are meant to be worn for city festivals and celebrations. Increases DEF by 1 and SPR by 4; equippable by Vincent) / Gold: 120 / Stock: 2

Gilded Cloth (Silken cloth used to wrap around the body to form a garment in and of itself, white in color and trimmed with gold. Increases DEF by 2 and SPR by 4) / Gold: 145 / Stock: 5

~Synthesis Lab~

????? ??????? (No info available) / Materials: ?????? ????? x1 + Onyx Orb x2 + Obsidian Fang x2 + Yellow Glass Eye x1

???????? (No info available) / Materials: ???? ????? x1 + Gilded Cloth x2 + Brimstone x2 + Stellar Gold x4

?????? ????? (No info available) / Materials: ???? ????? x1 + Hard Scale x6

??????? ????? (No info available) / Materials: Snow Quill x1 + Stellar Gold x1 + Dirt Clod x4

?????? ????? (No info available) / Materials: ?????? x1 + Broken Mask x1 + Brimstone x2 + Dirt Clod x2 + Tomato x2

???? ???????? (No info available) / Materials: Runic Beads x1/Terra Beads x1 + Wood Chip x4 + Broken Mask x2

???? ???? (No info available) / Materials: Polished Mail x1/Steel Mail x1 + Onyx Orb x4

Princely Coat (The coat of coats, this fine specimen is often purchased by the young royalty for casual occasions with the intent on still looking one's best. Increases DEF by 4 and SPR by 6; equippable by Henry; All damage taken -5%) / Materials: Night Coat x1 + Gilded Cloth x1 + Stellar Gold x4

???? ????? (No info available) / Materials: Dark Coat x1 + Black Cloth x4 + Brimstone x4

Reinforced Garments (Elegant flowing garments made of an odd material that is soft, yet firm, all reinforced with steel to make it even more durable. Increases DEF by 5 and SPR by 4; equippable by Macha; Physical damage taken -20%) / Materials: Master's Garments x1 + Steel Mail x1

???????? ????? (No info available) / Materials: Black Garb x1 + Onyx Orb x2 + Black Cloth x4 + Brimstone x6

?????? ???? (No info available) / Materials: Broken Mask x1 + Wood Chip x4

Hellish Eye (Black stone eye with a yellow jeweled center, it weakens a foe's resistance to negative afflictions. Increases INT by 2 and SPR by 3; increases chances of inflicting negative status by 10%) / Materials: Yellow Glass Eye x1 + Onyx Orb x2 + Brimstone x2

Current Gold: 253

Last edited by Masquerade on Mon Apr 09, 2012 9:38 pm; edited 3 times in total
Masquerade
Masquerade
Eternal Dreamer
Eternal Dreamer

Back to top Go down

Post by Zerifachias Mon Apr 09, 2012 12:54 pm

After taking a good look at the inn, Auza decided it would be in her best interests to go do any shopping that needed to get done. She would like to stock up on potions and the like, since they used quite a few in the battle with Brygan and Aurea. Though, there were still seven potions left in the bag. So perhaps if the shop had anything else of interest taking, it would be worth looking.

Auza did find something of interest. Cures for poisons and another, stronger cure for a special type of poison. Something about these cures made Auza wary that they might have to deal with these things later on, so she bought some. They were doing fine on regular antidotes though.

Auza buys 3 Anti-Venom and 3 Magic Powder. -390 Gold.

Auza quickly exited the shop and headed straight for the next one. No time for distractions, she wanted out of this city as soon as she could. Auza entered the weapons shop, wondering if there would be anything more useful to her in there. There were some beads that looked more useful than the ones she had now. Might as well grab them.

Auza buys Runic Beads. -170 Gold.

On to the next shop, armors and cloths were available. For her, she found a light, white dress with gold trims. Auza stared at it for awhile before leaving without a second glance. She didn't like bright colors like that. Even though the cloth was sturdier than the black she wore now, Auza didn't care. She would not change her color and style of dress preferences just because it may have been a little better.

"I will never again wear such blinding clothes," Auza muttered to herself, seemingly angry about something. Talking with Henry had the opposite effect of what she wanted. Instead of calming down, she became irritated. Maybe it was the memories she was forced to recall. It wasn't Henry's fault, he was merely curious. Auza didn't blame him. She blamed herself, instead. Like that was going to do any good.
Zerifachias
Zerifachias
Totes-Mcgoats
Totes-Mcgoats

Back to top Go down

Post by Masquerade Mon Apr 09, 2012 5:38 pm

Macha had trundled along through the streets, a lighthearted glow upon her face. She smiled at passersby and even stopped to chat with a few of the natives. The foreigners from the other continents recognized her, but she shushed them; she wasn't in the mood for chatter about her myriad adventures, and she certainly didn't feel like autographing any swords or armor. Houses were lined up on both sides of her, and it took a small bit to find the armor shop which she entered without hesitation. The selection was rather expansive, but most of it was comprised of things she could not wear. In the end, she wound up picking up some heavy mail for her apprentice. On her way to the counter, she spied some glorious cloth.

"Mmm, this would look so adorable on my little Auza~" the blademaster purred and picked up the cloth. She placed both items on the counter and had them rung up. Forking over the gold, she departed the shop and continued on her way down the street, whistling a folksy tune she had picked up while roaming the area around Restocasia back in Dalmaschior.

Macha buys Steel Mail and Gilded Cloth! [-255 Gold]

Later on, while Auza was busy at the armor shop after Macha had long since gone, the door to said shop burst open revealing a rather large man wearing a white tanktop saturated in sweat and covered in dark smudges. His face was dark and slightly creased, obviously a middle-aged gentleman. It was almost as dirty as his clothes. His head was bald and his brown pants were slightly torn. He wore large black boots over his enormous feet. He eyed the place until his gaze rested upon Auza who appeared to be in a rather foul mood, but he had to know.

"Milady, sorry to disturb you, but my shopkeeper told me of a young woman carrying around an interesting weapon," the man walked up to Auza and apologized, giving his explanation as to why he was there. "It is an axe. Is it true you have one in your possession?" He awaited eagerly for the answer.

Klein had finally run out of breath after dashing down side streets and other main thoroughfares. He wound up in front of the weapon shop somehow. He leaped back suddenly as he realized someone was approaching him, but let out a sigh of relief when he saw that it was only Henry, smiling like usual.

"Oh, hello Mister Klein. Seems you found the weapon shop all right," he greeted the older boy, bowing his head slightly and gesturing to the building in front of them.

Klein rubbed the back of his head, an uneasy smile gracing his face as his eyes closed. "Well, I kinda just found it by mistake, heh," he explained with a slight laugh before making for the door. "Coming with?"

Henry nodded and followed Klein into the store. The shopkeeper bowed to them slightly as they entered and Henry at least returned the gesture while Klein waved excitedly before taking off through the store, gazing at all the cool weapons. Henry instantly approached the counter. There was a cup on it containing writing instruments for sale. One stood out to him greatly--a wondrous quill that was slightly chilly to the touch. He pulled it out of the cup and shivered a bit before heading off to find Klein. It wasn't difficult. The swordsman was groaning while gazing upon a rather simplistic sword whilst looking upon his own, his face displaying utmost discontent.

"This thing has nothing on the sword I already have," Klein said without looking at Henry before sheathing his weapon.

"Of course it doesn't. Synthesis typically results in rather unique and powerful weapons beyond compare depending on the materials used and the person performing the synthesis," Henry replied smartly, tilting his head while gazing at the sword on the shelf. "Maybe you'll be able to forge another one if we go and check?" He laughed as Klein shrugged his shoulders and sighed before tugging him back to the counter so he could buy the quill he picked up earlier.

Henry buys Snow Quill! [-110 Gold]
Masquerade
Masquerade
Eternal Dreamer
Eternal Dreamer

Back to top Go down

Post by Zerifachias Mon Apr 09, 2012 5:49 pm

"An axe?" Auza raised her thin eyebrows as this man approached her with such strange questions. Well, they would be strange if she did not already possess something that might be what this man was looking for. It was true that they were holding onto such an item, Auza was storing it in a separate dimension of her own making for safekeeping, the was she kept all of their important, unusable items.

Auza took a step back, holding her hand out, palm up. With a bit of focus, she materialized the axe to this dimension, showing it to the man. Of course, it was still bound to her magic so no one could run off with it if they ambushed her. This was made clear by the circle of runes that spun slowly around the useless thing.

"You couldn't mean this, could you?" Auza inquired, a little curious as to what this little old man was so excited about.
Zerifachias
Zerifachias
Totes-Mcgoats
Totes-Mcgoats

Back to top Go down

Post by Masquerade Mon Apr 09, 2012 6:03 pm

The rough-looking gentleman seemed to frown, shaking his head in shame. "That's one axe I thought I'd never see again. And that means..." His gruff voice trailed off as he closed his eyes and took a deep breath. "I know Brygan wouldn't give something as valuable as that away. Means he musta finally met his end." He looked Auza up and down before crossing his arms. "By you, eh? Serves the foolish bastard right. Going around stealing and messing with those damn demons. About time someone ended him..." His gaze fell back onto the axe and he didn't look away from it.
Masquerade
Masquerade
Eternal Dreamer
Eternal Dreamer

Back to top Go down

Post by Zerifachias Mon Apr 09, 2012 6:12 pm

Auza paused, her expression unreadable. Brygan's thievery reaches to far places. Perhaps she would meet more people like this man who had something stolen from them by Brygan. Something as valuable as this axe...it was worthless to Auza and her companions. But she shouldn't say that, not directly. Especially if it was stolen from this man.

"You are correct, I and my comrades are the ones who ended Brygan's life, as well as destroyed the demon he contracted with," Auza confirmed. The man wouldn't stop staring at the axe. Auza could feel her blood beginning to warm, a hint that she was becoming irritated. Perhaps she would be able to redirect the man's attention onto her if she just...

Auza closed her hand and the axe vanished from sight, back into the dimension in which Auza stored it before. She allowed her brow to furrow as she glared at the man. "Forgive me, but I don't particularly like it when others do not make eye contact with me when I speak to them. Now, if you'll excuse me, I have other, more important matters to attend to." Auza whirled around, her long hair whipping around with her, nearly hitting the man. She didn't care if it was his axe. She didn't care if Brygan stole it from him. She didn't care if the stupid thing was useless to her.

Auza merely hated being disrespected.
Zerifachias
Zerifachias
Totes-Mcgoats
Totes-Mcgoats

Back to top Go down

Post by Masquerade Mon Apr 09, 2012 6:33 pm

The man shook his head, coming out of his slight stupor as he watched the axe disappear. It seemed the young lady was intent on leaving. "Milady, wait just a moment!" he exclaimed suddenly. "I would like that axe back in my possession. As horrible as my brother may have been, I had high hopes for him back in the day--back when I forged that axe and gave it to him," he explained. "That axe is the only thing left to remind me of those days--the ones where he wasn't a callous, hideous, greedy, gluttonous fool." Taking a rag from one of his pants pockets, he wiped some sweat from his brow. A smile formed on his face as a thought crossed his mind.

"That axe is valuable, you know," he continued. "There's a reason it looks unused and that is because it most likely has never been used. Brygan realized its worth and kept it clean and safe. I'm surprised he didn't sell it; makes me wonder if it really meant something to him..." His voiced trailed off again, but he stopped himself from becoming distracted. "If you return it to me, I can compensate you. I know you're no greedy peddler, but I think you've done a great service and deserve to be rewarded. Or, I can even break the axe down and give you the rare material I used to make it--the material that makes the axe as truly valuable as it is. The choice is yours."
Masquerade
Masquerade
Eternal Dreamer
Eternal Dreamer

Back to top Go down

Post by Zerifachias Mon Apr 09, 2012 7:02 pm

Auza wasn't amused, in fact, she wanted nothing to do with this man. But he was being persistent, and she really didn't feel like arguing. Auza eyed the man, scrutinizing him from head to toe. Brygan's brother, huh? Why should she care if he wanted his axe back or not?

Well, she had no use for the thing. Auza reproduced the axe from her dimension again, this time without the runes. She pushed it towards the man with her magic. "If you want it so bad, take it. I was considering throwing it in the ocean until you came along," Auza said, not caring if her words were inconsiderate. She wasn't fond of persistent men, especially the kind that placed a high value on weapons, of all things. It was all useless trash to her.

"I didn't set out to destroy Brygan for a reward," Auza added, still expressionless, though she felt fumes rising up in her. "But if you are so intent on giving a reward of some sort, find Macha the Tempest and give it to her. If you do find her, tell her that Auza sent you. That should be all the explanation that she needs." Auza knew Macha was much kinder and much more understanding than her, when it came to other people. Auza again turned on her heels and walked away from the man, hoping to never see him again.

Once out of earshot, Auza began muttering herself, with some cursing in a language of her own invention. "I didn't ask for you to share your memories. I don't care what that thing means to you. I made the mistake of caring before." Auza took a deep breath, cracking her neck to the side. Slowly, the head from her body diminished, and her skin was again cool as ice. Her emotions locked up and stored away in the furthest corners of her being.

With her head cooled off, Auza began to make her way back to the inn. It was still early yet, so perhaps it would be quiet inside.
Zerifachias
Zerifachias
Totes-Mcgoats
Totes-Mcgoats

Back to top Go down

Post by Masquerade Mon Apr 09, 2012 9:31 pm

The man was overjoyed to have the axe back in his possession. He hugged it close to his chest before bowing to the young lady, even though she couldn't see him. "I will definitely do as you say, milady. Thank you! Thank you so much!" After Auza had disappeared, he dashed out into the streets to chase after the woman called Macha the Tempest. As he ran, his eyes opened wide. He had heard legends of a blademaster so graceful and elegant in battle...she went by the name of The Tempest. I'm...I'm looking for a legendary blademaster?! he thought, shocked. Yet relief set in rather quickly as he realized how easy it would be to find her. If even one person had seen her and was aware of who she was, he would be able to meet up with her.

The man turned a corner quickly, completely enthralled by the prospect...only to run smack dab into someone. Being as burly as he was, he was greatly unfazed, but the woman he had run into was on the ground rubbing her head. The blush would be evident upon the large man's face if it hadn't been covered in grime. The woman was so beautiful. She looked him in the eyes, pouting. He nearly keeled over.

"I am SO sorry, milady!" he exclaimed, bending slightly and offering her a hand, helping her up.

"Oh, no. Don't worry about it," Macha chimed. "I know how busy the city can be; I should have been a bit more careful." Her smile was radiant. She spied the axe in the man's hand, and found it to be quite familiar. "Huh. That's odd. I thought we had an axe like that in our possession," the blademaster quipped.

The man scratched his head before his jaw dropped, eyes wide. "You're traveling around with that short lady with the black hair and clothes and attitude, aren't you? You're Macha the Temp--" His voice was cut off when he felt cold steel press against his throat, the aroma of cherry blossoms filling his nostrils to the brim.

"Not so loud, silly. You never know who might be listening~" She gave the fellow a wink before lowering her weapon. "Yes, I am Macha. Did Auza give you that axe?"

"Y-yes, milady. I offered her compensation, but she told me to come to you."

"My, is it valuable?"

"Of course. Only because of the rare material inside," he said, holding the axe up and tapping the center of the handle.

"So what are you offering, er...what's your name? My apologies for being so impolite," Macha said, a goofy smile upon her face as she forgot the formality.

"It's Russel. And I'm offering gold or the material inside the axe."

"You'd be willing to devalue the axe? Why?" Macha found it to be rather interesting.

"I ain't worried about any physical value. It's only the sentimental that counts."

"Oh my. Such sensitivity coming from a burly man is so startling," the blademaster replied with a slight giggle, watching the man slam a hand into his face from embarrassment. "I think I'll take the material. Something tells me it'll be of more use, especially if you can't find it anywhere else."

"Fine by me, but there's only one problem."

"Hm?"

"I need a special chemical to break into the axe. The material kinda makes it indestructible through normal means," Russel replied uneasily.

"Well, that's no problem. Can you tell me where to get it?"

"Of course. A young traveling synthesist named Riori should have the chemical. She set up shop a bit north from here, somewhere on the banks of the river, Membatasi Sungai. You can tell her that Russel needs something to get the aerolite out of the axe and she should give you what I need."

"Should be easy enough to remember," Macha said confidently, tapping the side of her head. "And you'll be waiting here?"

"I'll be in the weapon shop; that's where I'll work."

"Very well. Thank you very much, Russel. It was nice meeting you." The blademaster gave the man a sweeping bow before banishing her sword and continuing on her way.

Henry and Klein opened the door to the synthesis lab and entered. The placed smelled pretty...synthetic. As in not good. The man behind the counter was working on several commissions at once, but he really looked like he knew what he was doing. He looked up from his work and waved the duo over. And thus they approached the counter.

"Hey fellas. What can I help you with today?" the man asked, his eyes gazing to the side to keep track of his work.

"We're wondering what you can synthesize with this," Klein explained, dumping the materials they had on the counter. The swordsman's eye twitched as he watched the man scrutinize every single item, but quickly--his eyes expertly darting from one item to the next taking into consideration quantities and qualities.

The synthesist pulled out a piece of paper and scrawled some stuff down, and when he was done, he pushed it towards Henry and Klein.

"But...there's a lot of question marks...," Henry commented, a bit let down.

"Stuff you don't have, but stuff I could use. Not really even sure what it is; something to trigger my imagination, I suppose."

"Guess we'll have to come back when we have more stuff," Klein said, clearly as disappointed as Henry.

"Oh wait! Could you make me this coat?" Henry pointed to the one on the paper and the synthesist nodded. Henry clapped his hands together, smiling.

"What's got you all excited?" Klein jeered lightheartedly.

Henry watched the man head into a back room with some of the materials. He remained silent until the man returned about fifteen minutes later holding a rather stunning coat, one you'd see young princes wearing or young nobles. Henry took the coat and swapped it out with his old one. He stepped back from the counter and did a 360 for Klein. "This has me all excited. Wow, it feels so comfortable," he commented.

"It does look pretty good on ya!" Klein exclaimed and laughed, gathering up the rest of the materials. "At least something good came of it. Come on; let's get back to the inn!" With everything secure, Klein performed a backflip and rushed out of the shop.

Henry blinked. "He must be very eager to see Miss Auza," he said with a smile.

And you must be either sarcastic or a nutjob. Vincent groaned inside of the young boy's mind.

Henry synthesized Princely Coat! [Night Coat, Gilded Cloth, and Stellar Gold x4 lost]
Masquerade
Masquerade
Eternal Dreamer
Eternal Dreamer

Back to top Go down

Post by Zerifachias Tue Apr 10, 2012 5:50 am

Back at the inn, Auza found a corner to herself where she was unlikely to be disturbed except by her comrades. While she waited, she spread out a glyph on the table, purple in color. The runes circling the edges were clearly visible to her, and she began tinkering with them. Moving a rune from one place to another, turning the sections of the glyph around, or altering the dials in the center of the glyph. She even expanded one part of the glyph, to see what would happen.

Experimenting with magic. If Auza wasn't so adept at it, she would never do such a thing, but she was, so everything was under her complete control. Twisting the dial one way improved the range of effect. Expanding the center section increased the power. And the runes...well, there were so many things decided by those. Auza replicated the glyph she used for disabling enemies, giving it a good, hard look. Then she moved that glyph to the side and created another, the one she used for immobilizing. She had two choices to combine them. Auza could stack them, which was by far the easiest way to do it, but also the most costly. Or she could change some of the runes around on one of the glyphs to get the desired effect.

Auza paused for a moment, staring down at the two glyphs. This was harder than it looked. Combining glyphs was something that required patience and skill, both of which Auza had. With a few arrangements and twists of the dials, Auza created what she wanted. A glyph that would completely paralyze the target for an extended amount of time. And this wasn't the silly magic Auza used on Vincent before, to make him unable to move. No, this was much stronger.

Now all she had to do was memorize it.
Zerifachias
Zerifachias
Totes-Mcgoats
Totes-Mcgoats

Back to top Go down

Post by Masquerade Tue Apr 10, 2012 9:41 am

Despite Klein's quick speeds, Macha still beat him to the inn. She waved at him as he approached, her valiant form waiting on the steps of the building. The swordsman was pretty out of breath. "Hey there, my apprentice," she greeted cheerily. "What's got you so...exhausted and sweaty?" Without waiting for an answer she walked past him and looked off a little ways down the street. Poor little Henry was trundling along looking worse than Klein did. The boy was panting and staggering. Macha dashed towards him and took him by the shoulders.

"M...Miss Macha. A pleasure to run into you," the boy wheezed and coughed into his hand. "I am afraid I've never been the most athletic person," Henry explained uneasily with a carefree smile plastered on his tired face.

Klein came waltzing up, seeming to have caught his breath rather easily. "Oh come on, Henry. It was invigorating! Everyone loves a good workout!" The energetic boy performed a backflip before giving the younger one a thumbs up.

"Oh, you were having fun with little Henry here~?" Macha taunted slyly.

"We had a race to see who could get to the inn first," Henry replied, taking in deep breaths while wiping some sweat from his brow.

"I got lost and I still beat him here."

"You silly boys. Go inside and cool down. I need to talk to Auza," she said, stepping behind them and rushing them into the inn. It was nice and cozy within, but much cooler than it was outside. Klein didn't even notice Auza when he entered and rushed up the stairs. Henry took a seat on a couch in the lobby, still a bit exhausted. A torrent of green wind emerged from his book and swirled about him causing his form to disappear. The wind entered the book, but only for a moment; another one emerged and swirled about the couch, disappearing to reveal Vincent.

"You should be pleased, Henry. The exercise will do you good," the man said aloud, even though he could have just thought it and Henry would hear him.

You talk as if I'm overweight or something, Henry's voice resounded through Vincent's mind before giggling.

"Hmph. You do nothing yet keep an excellent figure. I know some females who would string you up in a heartbeat for that characteristic," he replied sharply, turning his head up to look at the ceiling.

It's not like I'm a lazy bum or something. I go on walks and stuff all the time, Henry retorted jokingly. He couldn't tell if his brother were being serious or not, but there was something a lot more lighthearted about his tone, at least for the moment. He must have been in a decent mood.

"Yeah, yeah," Vincent concluded dismissively, waving a hand through the air to emphasize his point despite Henry not being able to see it.

Macha had been watching the duo idly...well, watching Vincent talk to himself. She had to stop herself from bursting out laughing. The glyphs were easy enough to spot; Auza must have been working on her skills, something she respected the young woman for. She approached her and raised a hand in a slight wave. "Hey there, cutie pie. How goes it? I got something for you," Macha greeted, feeling her garments for something, but to no avail. "Odd. I could have swore I had it on me. Did I misplace it?" She searched herself a bit more before sighing. "Ah well. Looks like I lost it." Her eyes widened a bit as she remembered what was truly important at the moment. "You sent some burly old guy after me, didn't you?"
Masquerade
Masquerade
Eternal Dreamer
Eternal Dreamer

Back to top Go down

Post by Zerifachias Tue Apr 10, 2012 12:47 pm

Auza didn't become distracted by the noise that came inside the inn, nor when Macha approached her, so the glyphs were still active when Auza looked up at Macha blankly. They vanished a second later.

"Yes, I gave a burly old man the axe we took from Brygan and sent him to look for you, if he was insistent on rewarding us," Auza confirmed. Her posture was straight and proper, as always. Auza never slouched, and even so she appeared short, because she was short. But her posture did give her a slightly older appearance that her height would have masked. "Let me guess, you asked him to break down the material in the axe, and in order to do so, he needs us to go and do something else?" It was just a guess, but Auza only deduced such a thing because Macha brought it up. The tone of Macha's voice also helped determine this.

Auza's thoughts trailed back to her glyphs for a moment, but she soon righted that and focused on Macha. It wouldn't do to disrespect the woman.
Zerifachias
Zerifachias
Totes-Mcgoats
Totes-Mcgoats

Back to top Go down

Post by Masquerade Tue Apr 10, 2012 12:59 pm

Macha took a glimpse at the glyphs again but for a fleeting moment before taking a seat. "That'd be a pretty dead-on guess there," she finally responded, laughing nonchalantly. "His name's Russel. Said he couldn't get the material out without some sort of chemical, courtesy of the material within. Makes me curious as to what it is. He called it aerolite. Never heard of it, to be honest." The blademaster paused and waved a hand at the receptionist. A few moments later, she had walked up to Macha to deliver a cup of water to her. Macha purred her thanks and took a sip.

"Anyway, he knows someone named Riori, a traveling synthesist or some such nonsense who has the chemical. She's somewhere north along the Membatasi Sungai at the moment. It's pretty close, so it'd probably be nice to find her before we get too far ahead or she moves on somewhere else, you know?" Many rivers surrounded Tengah, and the Membatasi Sungai was one of the closest. It wouldn't take them long to reach the actual river. Finding Riori might take a bit longer. "If you don't mind a little side trip, I think it'd be nice for us to see some more of the scenery, not to mention I have a feeling something good is to come of all of this." She smiled mischievously and drank some more water elegantly.
Masquerade
Masquerade
Eternal Dreamer
Eternal Dreamer

Back to top Go down

Post by Zerifachias Tue Apr 10, 2012 6:40 pm

"Side trip?" Auza raised her eyebrows at Macha, as if the term was strange to her. Which, in this case, it was strange. There was no side trip to anything, really. Nothing has yet been planned. Auza was only just starting to think of what they should be headed towards next when Macha proposed this 'side trip.' Realizing that Auza needed to stay the leader in order for anything she wanted to get done to get done, Auza remedied herself, "No, I don't believe it is too much trouble. My plans may even intersect with this."

"As for aerolite...I've never heard of such a substance. If it is rare, perhaps it would be of use to us later on." Auza resisted the urge to smirk at the next thought that crossed her mind. "Maybe you'll be able to replace that old sword of yours with a new one made out of this material."
Zerifachias
Zerifachias
Totes-Mcgoats
Totes-Mcgoats

Back to top Go down

Post by Masquerade Wed Apr 11, 2012 3:21 pm

Macha mulled the idea over in her mind for a moment and decided she definitely liked it. The sword she carried now had a lot of baggage, not to mention. "Well, when do you want to set out? We still have quite a bit of daylight left. Not sure if you wanted to take a day to rest or not. I know I wouldn't mind a bit of relaxing time myself, but I'll be good with whatever you decide," she said, leaning back in her chair a bit. Auza seemed to be the type to want to have something to do all the time, so the blademaster wouldn't be surprised if she wanted to set out now. They had already taken care of exploring and buying supplies and such, so they were ready. Well, at least she was. Her head turned to glance at Henry. He seemed to have quietened down. I'm kinda glad. He looked like a lunatic over there talking to himself, hee hee, she thought lightheartedly, cracking a gentle smile. Her attention snapped back to Auza in a flash to await her answer.
Masquerade
Masquerade
Eternal Dreamer
Eternal Dreamer

Back to top Go down

Post by Zerifachias Wed Apr 11, 2012 4:02 pm

Would there be any problems if they left now? Auza wondered about it for a moment, thinking of all the possible circumstances if they left now or spared the rest of the day. From the beginning, Auza never really got much rest except for camping during the night. That's how she handled traveling in Dalmaschior though, so it wasn't much of a problem to continue. However, Auza had to think about the other three who were accompanying her on her journey.

Macha seemed fine, but she traveled a lot on her own. Klein would probably be okay if they continued immediately. If not, then he could definitely use the exercise. Henry was the most questionable of the three. But, then again, if he got tired than Vincent could take over for him, and Henry seemed to be in control of that.

"We'll leave shortly," Auza confirmed, nodding her head slightly. "Though if we want to make the most of the time we have left before dark, we'll need to gather everyone quickly. I'll trust you with gathering Klein, I'll go talk to Henry as you do." True to her word, Auza stood and pushed in her chair. Leaving Macha to her own, Auza walked over to where Henry was sitting.

"Get ready," Auza said, "we'll be leaving shortly."
Zerifachias
Zerifachias
Totes-Mcgoats
Totes-Mcgoats

Back to top Go down

Post by Masquerade Wed Apr 11, 2012 5:05 pm

Macha gave a short nod to Auza as the short woman walked away to fetch Henry. Standing up, Macha stretched and let out a groan of relief. The blademaster less than elegantly trundled up the stairs. Klein was in the only room in the hall that had the door wide open, which saved her the trouble of having to find him. She rapped on the door frame to catch his attention. He seemed to be tending to his weapons and armor for the moment. "Don't get too settled. We're heading out," Macha said to him with a quirky smile.

Tucking his weapon away and donning his armor once more, the swordsman hopped up, raring to go by the looks of it, yet a concerned expression graced his face. "Already?" he asked simply.

"Not to where you think we're headed. We've got a little business to take care of first. Come on," she concluded ominously and departed down the hall after which she descended the stairs. She could hear Klein shutting the door and following her. The duo reached Auza and Henry.

Henry stood up. "I don't mind leaving. Traveling is something I'm used to," he said with a reply. "I'm ready to go, but where is it that we're going?" he questioned, his head tilted in curiosity. He had expected them to at least spend one night in the city to rest up a bit. His eyes fell upon Klein who just shrugged his shoulders.
Masquerade
Masquerade
Eternal Dreamer
Eternal Dreamer

Back to top Go down

Post by Zerifachias Wed Apr 11, 2012 5:17 pm

"There's a little errand up north, near the Membatasi Sungah, to take care of," Auza said, looking mostly at Henry, since he was the one who asked. "We will come back here after finishing that up, but Macha and I will fill you in as we travel." Auza paused for a moment, glancing at Macha for a second before turning on her heels and walking out of the inn, expecting the others to follow her.

It was only a brief side trip, nothing that could possibly harm Auza's intentions with this continent. Of course, this little errand could help with her intentions. Either way it didn't matter, if the aerolite material could be forged into something useful, then it just might be worth it.
Zerifachias
Zerifachias
Totes-Mcgoats
Totes-Mcgoats

Back to top Go down

Post by Sponsored content

Sponsored content

Back to top Go down

Page 17 of 30 Previous  1 ... 10 ... 16, 17, 18 ... 23 ... 30  Next