Eternal Dream
Would you like to react to this message? Create an account in a few clicks or log in to continue.

Normality, Shattered

4 posters

Page 15 of 22 Previous  1 ... 9 ... 14, 15, 16 ... 18 ... 22  Next

Go down

Normality, Shattered - Page 15 Empty Re: Normality, Shattered

Post by Cerani Tue Jul 31, 2012 12:46 am

Outside, it appeared as if the old man had his own little ghetto in between all the well kept buildings. Like so many other things here, it was rather strange. They weren't far from a main street, and judging from the general upkeep, it was quite safe to say they were still in Rose. Awesome. Authur clapped his hands together, an eager smile touching his face. "Shall we 'sally forth' then?" He was going to see the king. Well, they were going to find the truth. The fact that the man to see happened to be the king, that was a benefit.

A sigh sounded in the back of his head, signifying the voice's return.

This is going to be a problem, isn't it?

' . . What?'

You, and this attachment to William.

'Why? What's wrong with it?'

Just be mindful of my warning. No one truly holds power over another, nor should they.

'Uh, okay.'

The conversation left a confused frown on Authur's face. What was it talking about? No one controlled him, and he didn't feel like someone was trying. He certainly felt like he was in control of his actions and decisions. 'I'm not going to start questioning every decision I make.' Nope, not this vampire. He may be hearing voices, but paranoia was not his thing.
Cerani
Cerani
Right Hand of Destruction

Back to top Go down

Post by Masquerade Tue Jul 31, 2012 10:48 am

The old man shut the door behind Authur, but not before replying to the maid. "Fine, fine. I promise I won't be so rash with ya nex' time." And that was that.

Marya sighed and gave an affirming nod to Authur when he mentioned going ahead and getting this over with. The group progressed out onto the street from the alleyway to realize that they were actually close to the inn at which they were to be staying. They decided to pop in real quick and show the innkeeper the paper they had obtained from the king. After she mentioned that there would be no problems and they were free to stay, they headed off down the main road, passing through the town square on their way to the castle. As they managed to clear the area, a flapping sound came from behind and Marya felt something land on her shoulder causing her to stop in her tracks. There was a beautiful white dove now perched on her shoulder, looking at her with a tilted head.

"Awww, you're so adorable," Marya nearly squealed, raising a hand to carefully pet it with a single finger. The bird seemed to enjoy it and cooed happily. "Are you going to come with us to the castle?" she asked it. It seemed to coo again in response, making it evident that it wasn't going to fly away as it made itself comfortable on Marya's shoulder. She continued to walk along with her friends. "It's a relief to know that there are at least some nice animals here." Her thoughts went back to the falcons from the night before who had been trained by thieves. She wondered briefly if this bird was really wild or if it belonged to someone in the village.
Masquerade
Masquerade
Eternal Dreamer
Eternal Dreamer

https://eternaldream.forummotion.com

Back to top Go down

Post by Silver Tue Jul 31, 2012 11:11 am

Adriane's temperament relaxed the moment they were out of the man's little ghetto, the abrasive aura that had been surrounding her dissipating into a somewhat calm one. She smoothed her dress out, despite there being no wrinkles, and allowed a small smile to cross her face. It was a definite relief to be away from the creepy kidnapper, and it was easily seen as the maid's demeanor relaxed the further they got from his little abode. In her mind the only positive effect of their little entrapment had been the information, as that led them to having something to focus on now rather than wandering aimlessly.

The maid paid the innkeeper little mind, preferring to allow her younger companions to handle their living arrangements. Their visit did not last too long anyway, and before she knew it the little group was headed on down the main road. The sound of flapping wings was heard shortly after they crossed the town square, causing Adriane's head to tilt towards the cause of the sound. A little dove which caused the maid's small smile to grow if just a bit. "My, it seems like we have a new friend." the young woman chimed as the bird settled itself on Marya's shoulder comfortably.
Silver
Silver
Prince of Dreams
Prince of Dreams

https://www.facebook.com/pages/Xavier-Rains/314656341904106

Back to top Go down

Post by Masquerade Wed Aug 01, 2012 5:30 pm

Marya giggled happily as they strolled along, the dove not bothered at all. The group marched up to the castle, and the two armored guards off to the sides of the entrance didn't say anything as they walked right on into the castle. There were quite a few citizens loitering in the foyer, apparently waiting for audiences. Despite possessing their document from the king himself, they still had to wait their turn just like everyone else. The dove didn't seem to be going anywhere while they waited, and eventually, they were called into the audience chamber by a guard near the door up the stairs. They ascended and entered the chamber where a slightly curious King William sat upon his throne. He didn't address the group, however, but instead gazed directly at the dove sitting on Marya's shoulder.

"My, such a beautiful and inquisitive creature you have there on your shoulder, young lady," the king said smoothly in his charming voice causing the dove to hide its head shyly under its wing.

"You might just have too much charisma for this one, Your Majesty," Marya responded with a light smile, but then remembered why they were there in the first place. It was so easy to be brought into a good mood merely by King William's presence. It was almost scary. "Your Majesty, we're curious about your plan to fuse the dimensions. Did you come up with it yourself?" she asked, trying not to be too direct.

"Hm? Ah, yes. Yes, it was an idea all my own, granted I'm the first king of Crazed Levall to ever suggest such a thing, so there was no one working on it before me," he responded kindly, but there was something unreadable about his expression.

"And...and what is the plan exactly? The details must be a fascinating subject to discuss."

"Oh, they are, but me and my council are keeping that a sweet secret," he said lightly with a comforting smile and a gentle wink. "In our case, its more about the destination than the journey, especially since the destination seems closer to us now than it ever was. Were there anymore questions?" He took a moment to gaze into Adriane's eyes, and then Authurius's.
Masquerade
Masquerade
Eternal Dreamer
Eternal Dreamer

Back to top Go down

Post by Silver Wed Aug 01, 2012 5:47 pm

The charm the king showed off earlier was easily seen again; it had not disappeared, nor had Adriane expected it to. However, she found herself doing her best to ignore his enchanting nature when he mentioned that the plan to fuse the dimensions was a secret. She could not quite place it, but there was definitely something else there when he said that. Something that while she had no idea what it was, felt unsettled by the mystery behind it. "Is there any danger in it?" Adriane voiced as soon as the king's eyes were on her. "To either dimension?" she added thoughtfully, a small hint of hope that he could reveal something about it to them. "Surely that must be public domain." The matter of how did not fully need to be explained, but if there was some possible safety issue he could disclose that information. Right?
Silver
Silver
Prince of Dreams
Prince of Dreams

Back to top Go down

Post by Cerani Wed Aug 01, 2012 8:19 pm

Authur had paid little attention to the bird. While sitting in the lobby, he was stuck brooding to himself. There was no questioning every decision he made, of course not. But there was so much to consider now. William didn't seem bad, and he certainly liked the king. And that creepy old guy just rubbed him the wrong way . . . well, bad phrasing but he didn't like him, at all. Authur thought that was saying something for an apathetic vampire. He liked Crazed Levall, he especially liked this new person he had become. What was a little sanity in the face of everything that could be and had been gained?

It all felt confusing, and he hated it.

In William's chamber, the vampire was silent. He felt the same infatuation with the king as before, but tempered with a want for the truth. Then William held his gaze, and he felt gone. There was no way William intended anything but good.

Little fool . . .

The voice called, sounding apprehensive. "I can handle this."

Indeed. Your rise will be great, but all things must come to an end, little fool.

It was silent and Authurius heard no more. The vampire stepped forward, a slight smirk on his face. "I was just more curious about how it worked." Perhaps if he played his cards right, he could learn something, and prove to the others that everything was okay. It'd probably take a bit of finessing though. "It's not like we need to know details."
Cerani
Cerani

Back to top Go down

Post by Masquerade Wed Aug 01, 2012 9:17 pm

King William seemed to be a bit taken aback. "You can be rest assured that no harm should come to either of the dimensions," he was quick to respond. "My people and the people of the other dimension are of the utmost importance to me. I would never let them come to harm. As for the mechanics, I'm afraid I must remain tight-lipped about it. What is a king that breaks a secret? It's something we all agreed upon, and just because I'm leader of the country doesn't mean I'm going to break my beloved council's confidence," he explained, tilting his head a bit with a slight frown. "I do hope you understand. Once my plan comes to fruition, I'll be able to tell you every little thing about the process myself. But I won't tease your curiosity, so let us leave it at that. Was there anything else?"
Masquerade
Masquerade
Eternal Dreamer
Eternal Dreamer

Back to top Go down

Post by Silver Wed Aug 01, 2012 9:28 pm

The slightest amount of color drained from Adriane's face as she saw William's expression. She certainly had not meant to cause him to be taken aback at all. However her coloring quickly returned to her as he began to explain that there was no danger. He even explained that the people of both dimensions were his top priority and he would never thrust them into harm's way. Whatever uncertainty remained after that was easily assuaged by the King's natural charm. The maid found her cheeks tinted ever so faintly with a pink hue. "I-I'm sorry to doubt you then." she murmured, a trace of her accent breaking through. Her hands immediately settled at her dress, smoothing nonexistent wrinkles as she tried to recompose herself. William certainly had a powerful effect; one that few people could truly resist, and Adriane certainly was not one of them.
Silver
Silver
Prince of Dreams
Prince of Dreams

Back to top Go down

Post by Cerani Thu Aug 02, 2012 2:54 am

Unsure if the king had heard the maid, Authur made his own quiet apology. " . . I'm sorry. I didn't mean . ." Authur was taken aback himself. He hadn't expected such a passionate response, more a dismissive statement that it was none of their business. Though he should have, he realized. William was quite serious about the matter, very devoted to his cause. Their window had closed as well, the man would offer no more information. Authur wasn't quite sure he hadn't anything to add either. What would he say? I feel really bad now that I have nothing to properly defend you with to a crazy old man with a conspiracy theory. Sure, that would fly really well.
Cerani
Cerani

Back to top Go down

Post by Masquerade Thu Aug 02, 2012 8:27 am

"There's no need to apologize," King William offered reassuringly, waving a hand as if dismissing the matter completely. "If anything, your curiosity inspires me, and your concern for both dimensions makes me shake in anticipation, for it isn't your own home that you care for, but this one as well." He sighed and gave them all a soft smile, his face so radiant in the sunlight filtering into the chamber. "I have more audiences to attend to. As always, you're welcome back whenever." His gaze fell upon the dove sitting on Marya's shoulder. "Sylvana, my dear, do you think you could stay here? I'm sure you have some things to tell me."

The dove took flight suddenly and descended until it was hovering in front of Marya. A small tornado of wind and white feathers surged into life causing the girl to shrink back. The king seemed unsurprised. When the winds dispersed, a woman was standing where the bird had been. She was rather tall and draped in tattered, gray cloaks. Her arms and legs were completely wrapped in clean bandages, and she wore no shoes. Beneath the cloaks she wore beige mini-shorts and a dark green sleeveless t-shirt, though the cloaks covered them most of the time. There was a large golden staff secured to her back. She turned around causing her long, white hair to swish through the air, though as it did so, it turned from white to black. She gazed at Marya with an unreadable smile and somewhat stern emerald eyes.

"Thanks for the ride," she said simply before turning back and walking up to the king where they waited for the group to disperse before talking.

Marya blinked. "You're welcome," she muttered inaudibly, though the woman probably wouldn't have been able to hear it anyway. She gave a nod to the others and they all set out of the chamber. That woman...Marya had seen her the night of the Hoshima Festival. She's got to be another member of his council, she thought. He certainly had some odd people advising him. Then again, Claudia and Reynal seemed fairly normal. She continued to think as they all made their way out of the castle, not really sure what to do now. Upon entering the town square, they noticed the old man approaching them--someone Marya was hoping not to have to deal with at least for the moment.

"Would ya mind goin' somewhere a bit more private? It's fer yer own sake. No one else can see me so if ya talk to me it'll look like yer talkin' to yerselves," he explained with a mischievous laugh. It definitely made sense seeing as how nobody in the square seemed to acknowledge his presence, not to mention with all his talk of secrecy, he wouldn't just trundle out into broad daylight with no defense.
Masquerade
Masquerade
Eternal Dreamer
Eternal Dreamer

Back to top Go down

Post by Silver Thu Aug 02, 2012 11:24 am

The king's allure was blocked if only for a moment by his calling to the dove who flew off of Marya's shoulder and began to transform. When a woman stood in the bird's place, Adriane had to do a double take; morphing from bird to human certainly was not something she was used to seeing. The highly unsettling feeling she had felt earlier returned. If one person could do such a thing, what was stopping others from doing the same and keeping tabs on the group? Nothing. And the fact that their creepy kidnapper told them out loud he would be watching them did not make her feel any better.

Meeting with said kidnapper upon leaving the castle caused Adriane's stomach to lurch, her composure faltering. As much as she wanted to do something about his presence though, she could not and would not. He had shown the smallest amount of courtesy to them by asking them to go elsewhere and not just forcing them into the previous situation again. Although he still got under her skin, she had to respect that he could understand her orders and follow them as asked. Even if she did not necessarily have the true power and authority to make such decisions.
Silver
Silver
Prince of Dreams
Prince of Dreams

Back to top Go down

Post by Cerani Wed Jan 02, 2013 11:09 am

Authur felt like he should be surprised the bird had suddenly transformed into a person, but he was less surprised than faintly concerned. The creepy old guy would not be pleased. Or he would actually, they hadn't been able to wring any information from William, but Authur fully planned on telling him to shove it. That probably wouldn't go over well. He frowned slightly, registering the feeling of fangs against the inside of his bottom lip. He should say something to William. Or maybe the king and his advisors were already aware of a rebel in their midst and deemed him unthreatening? Marya had already vacated the room with the maid on her heels, and William and the bird woman were patiently waiting for him to leave. So Authur did go, tilting his head in respect before he left, gaze still lingering on William as the large door shut.

Outside in the square, Authur was deeply annoyed to immediately run into the old guy with no real break in between. The vampire scowled at him, low growl escaping him as he followed the girls. Maybe he should report this guy, should he prove to be dangerous?

I admit, I don't like him much myself.

Authur huffed a quiet laugh, trying not to draw attention from the others. 'Glad you're on my side there at least.'
Cerani
Cerani

Back to top Go down

Post by Masquerade Wed Jan 02, 2013 4:07 pm

"Begrudgin' as expected, but eh. Follow me now," the old man stated with a stoic expression on his face, though he still possessed this air of confidence about him like he knew how things would turn out. He already knew the king had not divulged the plans to them. There was a disappointment in their eyes, and a sadness shrouding their beings. He moved farther down the street and gestured to another alleyway leading away from the main thoroughfare. However, as he entered the alleyway, the air seemed to ripple like water and he disappeared completely from sight, though according to him, no one but Marya and the others could see him anyway. A few moments passed before just an arm shot out and waved at them for them to enter.

Marya just blinked, though it wasn't the magic itself that had stunned her. Since they had met the guy, he had shown them his power, and though she had the ability to fight back with her friends, she wondered if they should actually be afraid of this guy. "On your guard guys," she muttered, wondering if she were trembling or not. Taking a breath, she moved across the road towards the alley. The arm had reentered wherever it was now, and the air was still. Closing her eyes, she took a few steps forward and felt something like water running over her skin, but it was dry when she had passed. Opening her eyes, she gasped. She was standing in an abandoned parking lot that looked like it could be from her original world--the sane Levall. The markings on the pavement were chipped and faded. There were a few broken down cars at the edges with cracked windows and dented bodies. Old tires and rusted metal parts could be found littered across the area along with crumpled pieces of paper. Beyond the lot, however, there was nothing but orange wasteland. The sky itself was orange as well--stuck in a sort of twilight with the oncoming dusk threatening to take over but never going through with it. The clouds weren't white, but a smoky light grey, mostly just wisps swirling about in the vacant sky.

"What....what is this?" Marya murmured in awe, noting that the old man stood a few feet away, waiting for them all to enter.
Masquerade
Masquerade
Eternal Dreamer
Eternal Dreamer

Back to top Go down

Post by Cerani Wed Jan 02, 2013 4:22 pm

Authur followed through without hesitation, feeling like he'd seen such a portal a long time ago, in another life in another scifi movie. The other side was strange, but something about it resonated with him. He tilted his head an inch to the side. "This looks familiar." Familiar, but different. Levall. His parents. Old home. He scowled again in response. "Why did you bring us here? And no dancing around the point this time." He approached the old man, determined to get real answers this time.
Cerani
Cerani

Back to top Go down

Post by Silver Wed Jan 02, 2013 5:00 pm

Adriane begrudgingly followed the man and found herself as the last to enter the portal he created. She had, for a brief moment, decided that maybe staying behind would be the better option. But she certainly could not allow that man to take Marya and Authur away from her; lord only knew what he might do with them. So, with no other suitable option, she entered. What she found on the other side was nothing short of terrible nostalgia. The place looked almost exactly like her home when the earthquake hit. "What is the meaning of this? Where are we?"
Silver
Silver
Prince of Dreams
Prince of Dreams

Back to top Go down

Post by Masquerade Wed Jan 02, 2013 5:58 pm

"I have the power o' dimensions," the man explained as he opened his arms to encompass the surrounding area. "Dimensions an' space. Both are under my control. I thought it'd be obvious with me tossin' my abilities 'round for ya to see." He paused for a moment; they still all seemed so displeased for some reason. Did King William's charm still hold that much sway over their hearts? He had them tied around his little finger. He should have acted earlier, a folly he would not soon be forgetting. "This place we're at now? Still Rose, jus' a part o' it that no one else can see. Best that we not be spied on, eh?" He knew every member of the king's council and what kind of capabilities they possessed, the most dangerous in terms of espionage and recon being Sylvana, the Whisperer. For once, he seemed to let his arrogance drop, and his expression somewhat softened revealing just a very weary older fellow. "I trust that King William didn' let ya in on 'is plan now did he? Promised no one'd get hurt eh? Easy ta say when he ain't told you 'is plan." The man crossed his arms over his chest, his gaze becoming sharper. The more he thought about it, the more he got riled up over it.

Marya gazed about, taking in the sight. The thoughts of home almost brought tears to her eyes, and she didn't know what to say. This man...with the power to control space...he had William pegged. He knew exactly what the king had said--probably already knew before he even let them go to ask. He said he had been confident after all. "Y-yeah. That's pretty much what he said," Marya tried to reply as firmly as she could, but she felt her composure starting to slip. "But you can't really tell me he's up to no good. His heart...it's got to be in the right place!"

"Heart in the right place or not, he's bound to destroy both worlds with 'is recklessness," the man retorted, taking care not to raise his voice even though the young girl had. "He needs to be stopped. I'm tired o' seein' this world fallin' ta chaos. An' in order to right it all, I need help." He felt a pang of pain pulse through him--the pain inflicted on his pride. A man as proud as him had problems with begging for help, but even with his powers, he couldn't stop the king and his council single-handed. It would take a conjoined effort, and it all started with these three. "I know yer all conflicted an' the like, an' I'm not askin' ya to go off all guns blazin' from the get-go. Jus' start off with some recon, ya know? If ya still think the king's innocent after a bit o' sneakin' around, then ya can go. I won' ever bother ya all again. 'ow 'bout it, eh?"

Hearing the old man out, Marya suddenly felt very confused. If the man had proof and was sure they'd stick around, they might as well give him a chance, especially if they were going to be allowed to walk out if he didn't meet the burden of proof. And what would they do otherwise? William wasn't about to tell them anything else, and she didn't know what to think of that dove woman following them around, granted it could have been a coincidence that they ran into each other earlier. She turned around to face her friends, eyes still a bit watery.

"What do we do, guys?"
Masquerade
Masquerade
Eternal Dreamer
Eternal Dreamer

Back to top Go down

Post by Silver Wed Jan 02, 2013 6:14 pm

The man made an interesting point, as much as Adriane hated to admit it. The King certainly had a seemingly well-intended idea going on, but with what the man was proposing and how sensible he was making himself out to be at the moment, she couldn't come up with a logical comeback against it. And then there was Marya. She seemed just as conflicted as the maid was, perhaps even more so. Adriane frowned mentally; there was no easy way out. "I guess..." she murmured, still picking at the man's suggestion in her head. She came up empty-handed. "Okay," she threw a pointed look at the man "but only if it's unanimous. And I expect you to keep to your word. If you don't, I assure you that nothing good will come your way."
Silver
Silver
Prince of Dreams
Prince of Dreams

Back to top Go down

Post by Cerani Wed Jan 02, 2013 6:27 pm

Authur blinked at the offer set out for them. What should they do? What should he himself do? He wanted to believe William, that the man intended nothing but good. But Authur had to admit there was one thing he was familiar with: that the road to hell was paved with good intentions. He should talk to William directly, hear it right from the horse's mouth how things were really going. It mattered little to Authur that people could die, but the dimensions themselves being destroyed was quite something else. As he'd said before, he liked it here. He didn't want to leave nor did he want it dead and gone.

The vampire hated to admit it, but he kind of liked this plan. There was no way to just go directly to William with this, no matter how much he wanted to. They needed evidence. The king would only be convinced with blatant evidence if something wrong was happening. And if nothing this major was up, then no worries and Authur could confidently tell the old man to go screw himself. It was as close to win-win as he'd get.

Just as he was about to voice his decision, he heard a sigh in his head.

As much as I'd like to disagree, the plan is solid.

'Great. Any words of wisdom today?'

. . You owe allegiance to no one, remember that.

Authur nodded to himself, trusting the entity on that much. He turned to Marya to address her more directly. "Oh it's unanimous. Let's give it a shot. The only drawback is pissing off a guard or two, and I don't really care about that." He started to smile, realizing another benefit. Snooping through the castle meant also finding out more about William himself. No one cared about knowing the king personally? Not this vampire.

Last edited by Cerani on Fri Jan 04, 2013 8:51 pm; edited 1 time in total
Cerani
Cerani

Back to top Go down

Post by Masquerade Wed Jan 02, 2013 8:10 pm

"Excellent!!" the man exclaimed heartily, a bright sparkle of hope in his eyes. This had to have been the happiest he had felt in a long time. He finally had people on his side for once, but he knew that just the three of them wouldn't be enough, but he had a plan for that as well. Snapping his fingers, a door appeared to the side in the middle of the lot. He wasted no time in approaching it and opening it, ushering his new allies inside to reveal that they were in some sort of attic. It was rather small and cramped with junk piled in boxes against the walls of the room, and a tiny circular window let in a little bit of light. Guiding them to the stairwell leading down, he managed to wrangle everyone into the kitchen of, surprisingly, his house. It was the same kitchen they had been sitting in before their second visit with William. There was no doubt about the man's powers at this point. "I'll be right back now, ya here?" he told them excitedly, departing the kitchen and heading down the hall to a bedroom farther down, coming out holding a rather beautiful black overcoat. It had to be the thing in the best condition in the whole house. He offered it to Marya.

"Wh-what is this?" the girl said, a bit baffled by the offering. It was a really nice coat, and kept in such good condition. She wondered if it meant a lot to this guy. She reached a hand out tentatively and took it.

"It be the coat o' a leader," the man replied with a sense of pride. His smile was about the warmest it had ever been since they met him. "I figured it'd be a good fit fer ya in more ways den one, heh," he said, giving her an expectant look as if waiting for her to try it on.

Sure enough, she obliged, slipping her arms into the sleeves and straightening it a bit around her body. It was more than a good fit--it was a perfect fit. "W-wow, I think I actually like this thing," she said, turning her body a bit, feeling the fabric flow with her movements. "Thank you....er...I just realized we don't even know your name," Marya sputtered out her thanks before blinking a couple of times in awkwardness. In all that had happened, the fellow must have forgotten to introduce himself.

"My apologies. The name's Regis Stark. A pleasure ta formally meet ya all," the man replied sheepishly. He was like a completely different person from the crazy, bleak, blunt, and arrogant man he was before. They had definitely stoked a fire in his soul. "Formalities aside, I think it best to get ya started on yer first mission. The four o' us ain't gonna be a match fer William an' 'is cronies. We're gonna need ta build an army. So, scout the village of Rose fer some information, an' maybe try ta get some people ta join the cause, eh? I don't think I 'ave ta tell ya that this world is a dangerous place. Yer gonna need the help o' someone who's been 'round the block a time or two." He meandered over to the door, opening it, but not before retrieving a small burlap bag from behind it and handing it to Marya. "Just some necessities. After ya all are done, report back here first thing, all right?"

The Party receives Regis's Care Package!

Care Package reveals:
---Soda x3
---Life Gem x2
---Lockpick x3
---Old Map
---100 Cash

Marya thanked the man for his offerings; they'd definitely come in handy. So they were supposed to ask around for information regarding the king? And try to get some more people to join the cause. Marya didn't know how she felt about this so-called leadership position, nor did she feel comfortable with 'building an army', but she figured having a couple of extra people from this world joining them wouldn't hurt. She turned to her allies.

"Are you guys ready?"

Last edited by Masquerade on Wed Jan 02, 2013 8:25 pm; edited 1 time in total
Masquerade
Masquerade
Eternal Dreamer
Eternal Dreamer

Back to top Go down

Post by Cerani Wed Jan 02, 2013 8:20 pm

Now hang on. Authur wasn't signing up for any recruiting mission, he was in this to shut the guy up and find out more about William. He eyed the man over the top of Marya's head, deciding he'd have to handle this shrewdly. "Thanks." He told him shortly, it was all the old man would get for now. The vampire held up a finger, gazing at the two girls now. "Now if we're going to be interrogating villagers, let's not be too obvious about it, hm? Don't want anybody getting the wrong idea." In an unconscious move, he licked a fang, thinking of how he would 'take care of' people who figured out what they were up to. He had a feeling someone would raise the alarm bells and give people the wrong impression, which would definitely work against him with the charismatic king.
Cerani
Cerani

Back to top Go down

Post by Silver Thu Jan 03, 2013 3:57 pm

"Certainly not, especially when we have the grounds for a good reputation here. Wouldn't want to screw that up should we have to stay here long." The maid's tone was one of forced nicety. She, herself, had a problem with this 'gather an army' plan, but she chose to keep it under wraps. They had agreed to hear the man out and do a little investigation–it was for their own benefit anyway. But amassing an army to take down the King? She found it downright foolish, let alone impractical and absolutely insane. Should anyone find out–having just experienced one of the many abilities people had for finding out information in the form of that dove-woman–they would not only erase their chances of returning home, but could possibly find themselves rotting somewhere for the rest of their lives. Sure, she didn't know if that was the way this sort of thing was dealt with, but it was all she could figure. What else could happen short of death?

"Let's get on with it!"
Silver
Silver
Prince of Dreams
Prince of Dreams

Back to top Go down

Post by Masquerade Fri Jan 04, 2013 1:23 pm

With everyone in agreement, even if it was begrudging agreement, they proceeded out of the front door and into the familiar alleyway from before. Marya was glad it wasn't some other weird, messed up location. She could see the main thoroughfare farther up ahead. Regis had wasted no time in shutting the door, probably a safety precaution. Letting out a sigh, Marya took off along the alley with her friends in tow in order to at least get some help for their missions. The girl wasn't keen on gathering an army, and she had no plans to do so, but getting extra help would be nice in order to ensure that they got the information that they needed.

"Let's split up," Marya suggested. It was the obvious thing to do; they could cover more ground that way.

Chapter 02: The First Scouting

Objective: Gain information about the King and his plans while recruiting new members for the rebel cause!

Background: ~The Dew-Covered Rose~

{b} {b} {b} {^} {^} {^} {^} {b} {b} {b} A
{b} {b} {b} { } { } { } { } {b} {b} {b} B
{b} {b} {b} { } { } { } { } {b} {b} {b} C
{ } {E} { } { } { } { } {K} {b} {b} {b} D
{ } { } { } { } { } {G} { } {b} {b} {b} E
{b} {b} {b} { } { } { } { } {b} {b} {b} F
{b} {b} {b} { } { } { } { } {b} {b} {b} G
{b} {b} {b} { } { } { } { } {b} {b} {b} H
{b} {b} {b} { } { } { } {W} {b} {b} {b} I
{b} {b} {b} { } { } { } { } {b} {b} {b} J
{ } {D} {M} { } { } { } { } {b} {b} {b} K
{ } { } {A} { } { } {S} { } {b} {b} {b} L
{b} {b} {b} { } { } { } { } {b} {b} {b} M
{b} {b} {b} { } { } { } { } {b} {b} {b} N
{b} {b} {b} {V} { } { } {C} {b} {b} {b} O
-1---2---3---4---5---6---7---8---9---10-

Marya (Nekomata)
HP: 35/35
MP: 25/25
DD: 0/10
CG: 0/50
Atk: 11
Def: 7
Int: 3
Spr: 5
Evade: 31%
Move: 4 cells

Authurius (Vampire Raver) *CHR +10%*
HP: 40/40
MP: 30/30
Int:3
Spr: 4
Evade: 6%

Adriane (Maid)
HP: 25/25
MP: 35/35
Atk: 3
Def: 5
Int: 8
Spr: 7
Evade: 2%
Move: 3 cells

Eagle (Blitzer) [Apprentice]
MP: 20/20
Atk: 9
Def: 6
Int: 2
Evade: 5%
Command Prompt:
---"How's it going?"
---"Do you know anything about King William's plan?"
---"What do you do for a living?"
---"How about joining our rebel army? *nudge, nudge*"

Karna (Civilian) [Novice]
HP: 5/5
MP: 15/15
DD: --/--
Atk: 1
Def: 1
Spr: 3
Evade: 1%
Move: 2 cells
Command Prompt:
---"What did you think of the king's speech last night?"
---"Do you like it here in Rose?"
---"You look like the type that would fit into a rebel army real well."

Grace (Civilian) [Novice]
Command Prompt:

Waltrip (Vendor) [Novice]
MP: 5/5
Def: 3
Command Prompt:
---Ask for free sample.
---"How long have you been a vendor?"
---"Have you always worked in Rose?"
---"What do you think of King William?"
---"Would you be interested in joining some rebels?"

Samuel (Mercenary) [Apprentice]
Atk: 7
Int: 1
Evade: 3%
Command Prompt:
---"You're a pretty intimidating fellow...."
---"You could put your strength to better use. How about joining us?"

Valtoss (Town Guard) [Apprentice]
Command Prompt:
---"See anything suspicious lately?"
---"Do you by any chance know any specifics about King William's plan?"
---"If you're tired with your job, you could always join us."

Cassius (Town Guard) [Apprentice]
Command Prompt:

{^} - Change of Area Indicator (cannot be occupied)
Trigger Command: Proceed to Fountain Plaza (Allows access to the next area. Range: Adjacent.)

{b} - Building (cannot be occupied)

Objective: Gain information about the King and his plans while recruiting new members for the rebel cause!

{ } { } { } { } { } { } { } { } { } { } { } { } A
{ } { } { } { } {f} {f} {f} {f} { } { } { } { } B
{ } {R} { } {f} {~} {~} {~} {~} {f} { } { } { } C
{ } {D} { } {f} {~} {S} {S} {~} {f} { } { } { } D
{ } { } { } {f} {~} {~} {~} {~} {f} { } { } { } E
{ } { } { } { } {f} {f} {f} {f} { } { } { } { } F
{ } { } { } { } { } { } { } {K} { } { } { } { } G
{ } {l} { } { } { } { } {L} { } { } { } {l} { } H
{ } { } { } { } { } { } { } { } { } { } {T} { } I
{ } { } { } { } { } { } { } { } { } { } { } { } J
{ } { } {C} {J} { } { } { } { } { } { } { } { } K
{ } { } { } {B} { } { } { } { } { } { } { } { } L
{ } {l} { } { } { } { } { } { } { } { } {l} { } M
{ } { } { } { } { } { } { } { } { } { } { } { } N
{v} {v} {v} {v} {v} {v} {v} {v} {v} {v} {v} {v} O
-1---2---3---4---5---6---7---8---9---10--11--12-

Despot (Town Guard) [Apprentice]
Command Prompt:
---"Excuse me, do you know anything about King William's plan?"
---"What do you think about the dimensions being fused together?"
---"We could really use some help for our group...."

Renard (Town Guard) [Apprentice]
Command Prompt:

Lyra (Mother) [Novice]
HP: 10/10
Int: 4
Command Prompt:
---"Are you worried about the dimensions being fused together?"
---"Do you think anything could go wrong with King William's plan?"
---"We're trying to discover the truth...would you like to join us?"

Kevin (Kid) [Novice]
HP: 15/15
MP: 10/10
Atk: 4
Spr: 2
Command Prompt:
---"Hey kid, show me some tricks with that yo-yo."
---"Do you like to look at the fountain often?"
---"I think a little guy like you could be really handy to have around in our group."

Turner (Beggar) [Apprentice]
Command Prompt:
---Give 10 Cash.
---"How did you wind up like this?"
---"We can help you out if you join us."

Claire (Civilian) [Novice]
Command Prompt:

Jake (Civilian) [Novice]
Command Prompt:

Bobby (Civilian) [Novice]
Command Prompt:

{v} - Change of Area Indicator (cannot be occupied)
Trigger Command: Proceed to Main Thoroughfare (Allows access to the next area. Range: Adjacent.)

{S} - Fountain Statue (cannot be occupied)

{~} - Water (cannot be occupied)

{f} - Fountain (cannot be occupied)

{l} - Lamppost (cannot be occupied)

~ R E C R U I T ~ S Y S T E M ~

All right, this is the moment we've all been waiting for. This is the introduction to the recruit system. Although the characters may be hesitant to it now, recruiting other people to their cause is going to be invaluable later on in the role play. Right now, the group is just searching for the truth, and why not have some others help out? Well, I don't see a reason not to give it a try. Regardless of your character's morals, this system is imperative, and with it comes a lot of added material that will mostly be covered later such as adding members to the current party, dispatching, and recruit maintenance at times where they'll be more relevant. For now, let's focus on the aspects of the recruiting.

-Phases.

The normal phases of battle apply. There will be a Player Phase and a Neutral Phase. Should enemies be made, an Enemy Phase will be added, but fighting is most likely not a good idea. Escape will most likely be the best option, but let's go into that a little later on.

-Free Move.

Even though your Move is displayed in the stats under the grid, it doesn't apply unless a battle actually starts (i.e. introduction of enemy characters.) As such, you're allowed to move as far as you want in a given turn unless crossing into a new area. When you spend an Act action to cross into a new area, you're no longer allowed to move after that meaning that would most likely be the end of your turn.

-Freeform.

Stats don't really play much of a part here unless a battle breaks out. Role playing is going to be mostly freeform in style with the grid there just as a reference, and the stats there for help in determining who to recruit. The neutral profiles are also good for seeing a potential recruit's skills and abilities.

-Command Prompts.

You'll notice in the stats section under the grid that there is an added thing to the neutral characters called a command prompt. These are merely suggestions that can be used to garner information from certain units. You don't have to script them word for word, and there is no format for using them. You just have your character ask a certain question in their own way. However, you'll notice that some of them are not questions or statements, but rather actions. Even if you decide to take the action, that will still be done in freeform. If none of the prompts suit you, feel free to have your character improvise and work their own way to whatever resolution they so desire. Just keep in mind that certain actions or statements may or may not have consequences.

*The range for talking to people is surrounding cell. Groups of people may be engaged by just speaking with one person.

-Ranks.

Another thing you'll notice are the ranks associated with each neutral character. They are in the brackets next to the character's profession in the stats section under the grid. There are five ranks in total: Novice, Apprentice, Intermediate, Master, and Legend. This doesn't necessarily depict skill level in terms of a character's progression through the leveling up system. So a level 10 character can still be a Novice while a level 5 character could be an Apprentice. What the ranks really depict is the difficulty of recruiting a certain character which is also affected by what you say and your general influence. As time continues, you'll find it easier to recruit Intermediates and Masters. Legends, on the other hand, are nearly impossible to recruit by normal means and will most likely include going on a sidequest in order to attain them. Just be prepared for that and watch your ranks.

-Who To Recruit?

You might be thinking that you can just run around and recruit anyone you want to. Well, stop thinking that right now because that is totally wrong. For one, and I know your characters know this, you guys are against the king right now. Regis said you could walk away should you not find the proper evidence, but as of right now, you want to keep the rebel thing a secret from the wrong people. So, if you go chatting up anyone, like I don't know, a town guard? And ask them to join a group of rebels that are going against the very kingdom they're protecting, that might not turn out well. If you want to be absolutely sure, it's best to have your character try and pry and see if the guard is as loyal as you think he might be. This is probably the most realistic part of the system is trying to gauge whether or not it's a good idea to reveal the secret or not to a particular person because there will be no "game mechanic indicator." It's up to your judgment and your judgment alone.

I guess that about sums it up. If there are any questions on the recruit system itself, please feel free to ask them in the proper discussion thread. Thank you. Now, let's get this show on the road with an example of how it's done!

Marya moves to F7.

The plan was set. Marya nodded to her friends and meandered onto the main thoroughfare, trying to seem as casual as possible. The overcoat Regis had given her at least felt nice, even though she didn't care for what it symbolized. It was just a fashion statement to her, and that's hopefully all it ever would be. The streets weren't too terribly crowded at the moment. The young girl proceeded in the direction of the fountain, but to the side, a couple of young girls caught her attention. They had to be about 16 or 17 at least, and they were dressed in pretty casual clothes--jeans with cute tops and accessories. Marya typically dressed like that, and looking at her particularly dark ensemble, she felt a bit apprehensive to approach, but sucked it up and offered them a kind greeting.

"Hey you guys," Marya said to them with a slight wave, a cute smile on her face. Her new ears twitched slightly, perhaps in nervousness. She was usually pretty sociable and outgoing, but this was a different world, and she obviously lacked an understanding of these people's culture, though it seemed similar enough to her own. "I was wondering if I could ask you something." She felt a faint blush on her cheeks. She didn't know why she was so unnerved from talking to these strangers, but she hoped it wouldn't last forever. There were truths to be discovered.

Marya engages Grace and Karna!

Last edited by Masquerade on Wed Jan 09, 2013 7:33 pm; edited 2 times in total
Masquerade
Masquerade
Eternal Dreamer
Eternal Dreamer

Back to top Go down

Post by Cerani Fri Jan 04, 2013 1:56 pm

The vampire stretched his arms, cracking his knuckles in the process, as he considered the street of people ahead. The guy with the stand looked promising, most merchants usually had lots of local information. Hmm. He strode out of the alleyway at a leisurely pace, trying to appear as nonthreatening as he could in all black. As he paced around however, he spotted a shady looking guy hanging out in another alley. Now that looked promising.

Authur moves to E-2.

"Hi there," Authur grinned. He didn't bother trying to tone that down. He figured he'd have to look just as intimidating as this guy if he wanted to get anywhere, so maybe the fangs would help. "Anything to do around here?" Hopefully that didn't sound like a come on . .

Authur engages Eagle!
Cerani
Cerani

Back to top Go down

Post by Silver Fri Jan 04, 2013 2:39 pm

Adriane moves to B4!

Adriane walked with Marya for a short while, eventually heading past the girl in accordance with her idea to split up. As much as she disliked the idea, she knew staying in one place wouldn't help them any. And besides, it didn't have to be amassing an army. No sir–this wasn't that. This was just... meeting new people and maybe helping them out so their time spent here wouldn't feel terribly long. Time flies when you're working. It was no sooner than the maid had set that as her goal that she found herself in the fountain plaza.

Adriane uses Trigger Command: Proceed to Fountain Plaza!
Silver
Silver
Prince of Dreams
Prince of Dreams

Back to top Go down

Post by Masquerade Fri Jan 04, 2013 4:07 pm

Chapter 02: The First Scouting

{ } {E} { } { } { } { } {K} {b} {b} {b} D
{ } {A} { } { } { } {G} { } {b} {b} {b} E
{b} {b} {b} { } { } { } {M} {b} {b} {b} F
{ } { } { } { } { } { } { } {b} {b} {b} K
{ } { } { } { } { } {S} { } {b} {b} {b} L

Marya (Nekomata)

Command Prompt:
---"How's it going?"

Command Prompt:

Command Prompt:

Command Prompt:
---Ask for free sample.

Command Prompt:

Command Prompt:

Command Prompt:

Trigger Command: Proceed to Fountain Plaza (Allows access to the next area. Range: Adjacent.)

{ } { } { } {D} { } { } { } { } { } { } { } { } N

Adriane (Maid)

Command Prompt:

Command Prompt:

Lyra (Mother) [Novice]
Command Prompt:

Kevin (Kid) [Novice]
Command Prompt:
---"I think a little guy like you could be really handy to have around in our group."

Command Prompt:
---Give 10 Cash.

Command Prompt:

Jake (Civilian) [Novice]
Command Prompt:

Command Prompt:

Trigger Command: Proceed to Main Thoroughfare (Allows access to the next area. Range: Adjacent.)

Neutral Phase.

The two girls, Grace and Karna, were out of school on break, and ever since they had been let out, they spent most of their days traversing the streets and taking trips to Hoshima Festival on the weekend. This day, they decided to loiter about the streets, stopping in front of one of the stores to chatter a bit, debating on whether or not to spend some hard-earned money. Before they could come to a decision however, they were confronted by a young girl with the cutest ears and face, even if her manner of dress was dark. Grace flipped her blonde bangs out of her face, her eyes a sparkling light blue. "Heeeey, I know you! You're one of the people from Levall!" she exclaimed upon coming to the realization.

Karna stepped forward and took a closer look, her dark eyes peering into Marya's face with no regard for the girl's slight anxiety. "Wow, I think you're right," the dark-skinned girl finally gasped, backing away, eyes wide open and lips parted in surprise. "There's rumors about you and your friends floating around. You can ask us anything," she chimed.

Not too far away in the alleyway, the green-haired Eagle looked up from his leaning position on the wall of the building that helped form the alley. He was surprised to come across another person here who seemed a bit too happy for his liking, but what the hell? Might as well humor him. "In a sleepy village like this? Not much. Most take to shopping. If you want a really good time, Hoshima's the place to go," the tall, slender man replied smoothly, green eyes focused sharply on the guy standing before him. He was tempted to brush the alley filth from his grey uniform, but it was actually fairly clean. The uniform was rather dull that way, but at least there was a white stripe to accentuate it running down the right side.

{ } {E} { } { } { } { } { } {b} {b} {b} D
{ } {A} { } { } { } {G} {K} {b} {b} {b} E
{b} {b} {b} { } { } { } {M} {b} {b} {b} F
{ } { } { } { } { } { } { } {b} {b} {b} K
{ } { } { } { } { } {S} { } {b} {b} {b} L

Marya (Nekomata)

Command Prompt:
---"How's it going?"

Command Prompt:

Command Prompt:

Command Prompt:
---Ask for free sample.

Command Prompt:

Command Prompt:

Command Prompt:

{ } { } { } {D} { } { } { } { } { } { } { } { } N

Adriane (Maid)

Command Prompt:

Command Prompt:

Lyra (Mother) [Novice]
Command Prompt:

Kevin (Kid) [Novice]
Command Prompt:

Command Prompt:
---Give 10 Cash.

Command Prompt:

Jake (Civilian) [Novice]
Command Prompt:

Command Prompt:

Player Phase 2!

Marya blushed really hard as Karna inspected her face. Why did she feel like she was being inspected like a piece of meat? Regardless she let out a sigh of relief when the girls seemed generally receptive of her questioning. She was even more surprised to know that people were actually talking about her, Authur, and Adriane. It was kinda odd to be the talk of the town. Shaking her head, she remembered that the girls were waiting on some questions. It was then she realized she had no idea what to ask. Looking for information... She mulled some ideas over in her mind. "Hey, did you guys get to see the speech last night at the festival? What did you think of it?" she finally asked, definitely curious and eager to hear what the girls had to say about it. They seemed to be with the "in crowd" so surely they wouldn't have missed that speech for the world.

Last edited by Masquerade on Fri Jan 04, 2013 5:09 pm; edited 1 time in total
Masquerade
Masquerade
Eternal Dreamer
Eternal Dreamer

Back to top Go down

Post by Sponsored content

Sponsored content

Back to top Go down

Page 15 of 22 Previous  1 ... 9 ... 14, 15, 16 ... 18 ... 22  Next