Eternal Dream
Would you like to react to this message? Create an account in a few clicks or log in to continue.

Tales of Alidaire: The Corruption Disc 2

+5
Kurio
CassinoChips
Xenosaga
Masquerade
Silver
9 posters

Page 2 of 34 Previous  1, 2, 3 ... 18 ... 34  Next

Go down

Tales of Alidaire: The Corruption Disc 2 - Page 2 Empty Re: Tales of Alidaire: The Corruption Disc 2

Post by Kurio Mon Apr 05, 2010 8:01 pm

Zero laughed upon hearing Sonia's comment. It was true that she had spared Sonia's life multiple times, but then again, she had saved the group more times than she had messed up.

"Maybe so Sonia...but what if it's merely because I pitied you that I did not kill you?" Zero asked with a slight smirk.
Kurio
Kurio
Masochistic Kitty Kat Maid

Back to top Go down

Tales of Alidaire: The Corruption Disc 2 - Page 2 Empty Re: Tales of Alidaire: The Corruption Disc 2

Post by Silver Mon Apr 05, 2010 8:30 pm

Sonia looked at Zero for a second, knowing she had made the wrong choice by bringing it up. But she couldn't back away now, she wouldn't let herself. Her trembling hand tightening around her staff she pointed it at the her so called Companion. She tried to speak when a voice butted in.

"I know you don't mean that."

Sonia turned, she knew the voice. Cage. He had reappeared to defend her, even though she didn't want it.

"Cage..."

"You know she's been help. And if you were to touch her, you'd find your head hitting the ground. I wouldn't waste a second thinking about whether or not to kill you."

"Cage..."

"Go ahead... get some rest. Don't waste your energy fighting."

Sonia wanted to say something back before looking at the ground. She looked up and he was gone, with nothing left as a trace to try and find him. She merely nodded and left the guild and headed for the Inn, stopping as she noticed the sun sink behind the horizon. It was still fairly early, but a few stars had appeared in the little time it took. She nodded quietly.

"If I can't stand up to her... then how can the world rise?"

With that she entered the Inn, went up the stairs, and entered a vaccant room. She fell to the bed like a rock.
Silver
Silver
Prince of Dreams
Prince of Dreams

https://www.facebook.com/pages/Xavier-Rains/314656341904106

Back to top Go down

Post by Kurio Mon Apr 05, 2010 8:34 pm

"He's right..." Zero murmured to herself.

Zero shot a glare at Luca and walked out of the guild, not wanting to be in the presence of the new member any longer than she had to. She had nothing to really do, she just wandered around aimlessly. She didn't want to go to her home knowin that Rei would be there, waiting for her.

Zero walked into the inn and sat down at an open table, letting out a sigh. She looked around to see people talking and laughing, she felt a sinking feeling in her heart, she was becoming envious of these people, to have real friends and not just people who are merely companions and nothing more. She stared at the table and began to cry silently, she had longed for a friend for so much time that she couldn't hold the tears back.
Kurio
Kurio

Back to top Go down

Post by Xenosaga Mon Apr 05, 2010 8:56 pm

Nuisances.

Rosetta stepped out from the alley inbetween the inn and another building, picking at the hem of her clothing in distaste. Not even an hour had passed and she had already dirtied her new outfit. Though she didn't care much for her current clothing, this was ridiculous. It was a good thing it was only dirt and not blood. She did not like the thought of wearing blood crusted clothing again so soon. Without bothering to spare a glance at the group of unconscious men behind her, Rosetta made her way into the inn.

They were lucky her brother wasn't around. He would have left them in pieces and hung them in the square for all to see. And now, her migraine was back. Just when it had gotten better too.

Resisting the urge to let out a frustrated sigh, Rosetta stepped into the inn and briskly walked toward the counter in order to find out what room she would be resting in. Halfway there, however, her reddish brown eyes caught sight of a familiar figure. It took her moment but she soon recognized the person as Zero, the aloft girl with deadly intentions. Rosetta was surprised to see tears streaming silently down the girl's face and she could not help but see a lonely child in place of the Windwalker.

The Element Striker found herself freezing in place, unable to tear her eyes off the girl. It felt familiar somehow. So very familiar. . . . .

Unconsciously, Rosetta began walking over to Zero, stopped right across the table from her. She stared down at the female, eyes unblinking. After a moment, her mouth opened and she spoke.

"What's wrong?" her voice was uncharacteristically gentle and soft and similar to that of a ignorant girl who knew nothing of the world.
Xenosaga
Xenosaga
Never Awaken
Never Awaken

Back to top Go down

Post by Shadow Mon Apr 05, 2010 9:00 pm

Shadow didn't feel like welcoming Luca nor joining any nearby conversations, instead, he just entered the inn and, when he was heading upstairs, he noticed Zero. Slightly turning his head, though maintaining his general direction, he saw something that made him wonder if a mirage-type spell had been cast on him. Silently, tears rolled down Zero's face until they fell down the wooden table.
Hesitating between not caring and heading for his room, or getting closer and ask what happened... Even though Shadow wanted to go and sleep, something let him know that that wasn't right. Zero, in fact, was a guild member like everyone else that had been in the group since the very start. Just when Rosetta came in, he took that precious fragment of time to wordlessly approach Zero's table, and not knowing why, he let out a question that accompanied Rosetta's: "...Are you feeling OK?"
Shadow
Shadow
Graced with Good Dreams
Graced with Good Dreams

Back to top Go down

Post by Kurio Mon Apr 05, 2010 9:13 pm

Zero wasn't paying attention to her surroundings and was slightly startled when she heard voices talking to her. She looked up to see Rosetta and Shadow, the two people in the group that seemed just as distant as she was with the others. They asked what was wrong and if she felt okay, the latter was kind of a pointless question though. How could she be okay if she was just crying?

"I suppose...I just have troubling thoughts on my mind right now..." Zero answered, "But why would you two care for me? I've never really talked to either of you at all..."
Kurio
Kurio

Back to top Go down

Post by Shadow Mon Apr 05, 2010 9:20 pm

"You're part of our group, Zero, and thought you have been cold and non-caring during our previous missions..." Shadow smiled, making a short pause before continuing with a final sentence. "...I care for you as my friend, as well as for everyone else."
Shadow
Shadow
Graced with Good Dreams
Graced with Good Dreams

Back to top Go down

Post by Xenosaga Mon Apr 05, 2010 9:36 pm

Rosetta's lips tightened at the question.

"I do not know," was her truthful answer. She didn't know. It was just an urge she could not suppress. "I saw your tears and could not keep myself away." She did not tell the other that she had reminded her of something. Something she would rather forget. Her hands twitched and she clenched them into fists. "You should rest. We still have much to do." And with that said, she turned and returned to her task of resting. Her migraine was killing her.
Xenosaga
Xenosaga
Never Awaken
Never Awaken

Back to top Go down

Post by Shadow Mon Apr 05, 2010 9:49 pm

"Night, Rosetta..." he said as the Element Striker proceeded to wander, seeking for a room where she could finally rest. That, actually, was the thing he was about to do... "I might as well get some rest, after everything that has happened back at the Laboratory. You should too, Zero."
Though he didn't want to sleep at the time, he wandered on the lobby of the inn. This was just like all other times when he suddenly refused to sleep by some reason, which, obviously, was beyond his comprehension.
Shadow
Shadow
Graced with Good Dreams
Graced with Good Dreams

Back to top Go down

Post by Kurio Mon Apr 05, 2010 9:57 pm

Zero stared at Shadow for a moment with a faint smile on her face. She had never been treated with kindness from anyone other than Rei and Ling. Watching Rosetta leave to rest, Zero decided she didn't really need rest and needed the time to think over a few things that's been botherng her.

"Thank you Shadow..." Zero said before Shadow left to sleep too.
Kurio
Kurio

Back to top Go down

Post by Masquerade Mon Apr 05, 2010 10:05 pm

Affinity:

+3: Rosetta, Zero, Shadow

And thus everyone had made it to the inn, and all of them desired a full night of sleep. So, they rested. When morning came, the party gathered around outside and immediately set off for the Soul Laboratory, but not before Valincar could stop by the guild library and pick up a new Request Scroll that had come in.

The Soul Laboratory looked just as forbidding as it had before. With key in hand, Valincar hovered up to the door only to realize that it was still unlocked. It seemed as though Albere wasn't too worried about them getting back in, but he was in for a horrid surprise. And so was the party. For waiting for them in the entrance were the same kinds of robots from before. And they were not seem too happy...for robots, anyway.

Request 04-G: The Second Raid On The Lab

Objective: Defeat all enemies and find the correct console to unlock the hallway door!

Background: https://www.youtube.com/watch?v=T8zUwDx47qQ

{ } { } {w} {w} {X} {w} {w} { } { } A
{ } { } {w} { } { } { } {w} { } { } B
{ } { } {w} { } {K} { } {w} { } { } C
{ } {w} { } { } { } { } { } {w} { } D
{w} { } { } { } { } { } { } { } {w} E
{w} {c} {A} { } { } { } {S} {c} {w} F
{w} { } { } { } { } { } { } { } {w} G
{w} {c} {B} { } { } { } {O} {c} {w} H
{w} { } {I} { } { } { } { } { } {w} I
{w} {w} {w} {V} { } { } {w} {w} {w} J
-1---2---3---4---5---6---7---8---9

Valincar (Nightshade)
HP: 45
MP: 60
Atk: 10
Def: 5
Int: 13
Spr: 13
Move: 4 cells

Lilith (Forbidden Experiment)
HP: 80
MP: 75
Atk: 17
Def: 14
Int: 12
Spr: 11

Aero (Hover Robot)
HP: 90
MP: 50
Atk: 15
Spr: 8

Shots (Hover Robot)

Blastia (Hover Robot)

Orbit (Hover Robot)

KNIGHT (Armored Sentinel)
MP: 65
Atk: 16
Def: 17
Move: 2 cells

{w} - Wall
HP: 50
Def: 20
Spr: 15

{X} - Locked Hallway Door

{c} - Console
Trigger Command: Push the Button!

Characters may start in rows I-J!

Last edited by Masquerade on Tue Apr 06, 2010 9:47 am; edited 1 time in total
Masquerade
Masquerade
Eternal Dreamer
Eternal Dreamer

https://eternaldream.forummotion.com

Back to top Go down

Post by Silver Mon Apr 05, 2010 10:17 pm

Sonia starts at I2!

Moving to Lilith's left, she noticed a counsel none to far from her. If she hit the button, she could possibly end some of the trouble. Then all they would have to do is defeat the robots. Which would definately be easier this time, considering they were more experienced. Plus they had Lilith with them, so it would probably be finished quickly.
Silver
Silver
Prince of Dreams
Prince of Dreams

Back to top Go down

Post by Kurio Mon Apr 05, 2010 10:25 pm

Zero starts at cell I-7

Zero unsheathed her new dagger, she would probably be usless against the sentinel now that her weapon had electricity surging through it. But it may prove useful against the other robots. Nevertheless, they should be able to destroy these things without much problem.
Kurio
Kurio

Back to top Go down

Post by CassinoChips Mon Apr 05, 2010 11:14 pm

Luca starts at J-5.

Luca walked into the laboratory and took stock of the metal contraptions in front of him. Immediately, his synthesist's mind began churning as he made a mental diagram of the construct's likely materiel, and therefore their likely strengths and weaknesses.

Taking his familiar place towards the rear of the group, centrally located as to be able to help out where he could, Luca flipped his rubber mallet in his hand, waiting for the festivities to commence.

CassinoChips
Drowzy Wanderer

Back to top Go down

Post by Shadow Tue Apr 06, 2010 5:53 am

Shadow starts at I6.
Shadow
Shadow
Graced with Good Dreams
Graced with Good Dreams

Back to top Go down

Post by Xenosaga Tue Apr 06, 2010 9:44 am

And they were back. She was not looking forward to this. Drawing her new rapier, she readied herself. This was going to be such a pain. Her eyes glanced over at the consoles. Hopefully, the switch was the same one as before. She would rather not they waste time searching for it all over again.

[Rosetta] starts at [I-5].
Xenosaga
Xenosaga
Never Awaken
Never Awaken

Back to top Go down

Post by Masquerade Tue Apr 06, 2010 10:02 am

Request 04-G: The Second Raid On The Lab

Objective: Defeat all enemies and find the correct console to unlock the hallway door!

Background: https://www.youtube.com/watch?v=T8zUwDx47qQ

{w} {c} {A} { } { } { } {S} {c} {w} F
{w} { } { } { } { } { } { } { } {w} G
{w} {O} {I} { } {R} {S} {Z} { } {w} I
{w} {w} {w} {V} {L} { } {w} {w} {w} J

Valincar (Nightshade)
HP: 45
MP: 60
Def: 5
Spr: 13

Rosetta (Element Striker)
HP: 55
MP: 40
Atk: 14
Def: 12
Int: 8
Move: 3 cells

Zero (Windwalker)
HP: 55
MP: 40
Def: 9
Int: 7

Shadow (Ombre Skillblade)
MP: 35
Def: 13
Int: 10
Spr: 10
Move: 3 cells

Sonia (Summoner)
HP: 40
Atk: 6
Def: 11
Int: 15

Luca (Synthesist)
HP: 15
MP: 15
Atk: 3
Def: 4
Int: 3
Spr: 2
Move: 2 cell

Lilith (Forbidden Experiment)
MP: 75

Aero (Hover Robot)

Shots (Hover Robot)

Blastia (Hover Robot)

Orbit (Hover Robot)

KNIGHT (Armored Sentinel)
MP: 65
Atk: 16
Def: 17

{w} - Wall
Def: 20
Spr: 15

{X} - Locked Hallway Door

{c} - Console
Trigger Command: Push the Button!

Player Phase 1!

Valincar moves to F4.

"I will not wait to get the party started," he said whimsically as he hovered forward. Once he had went out far enough, he concentrated on the intimidating armored sentinel keeping watch by the door. His body dissolved into a cloud that surged for the robot and entered it. The robot suddenly began to struggle. Then, silence.

Valincar uses Possession on KNIGHT!

MP: 44/60

Lilith moves to G3.

Without much thought, Lilith leapt right between two of the robots. Her body was already surging with hatred and she was far from happy about the robots. She had defeated a lot of them, too, during her testing and she could certainly beat them now. Suddenly, she knocked one of the flying robots out of the air, the metallic body scraping across the steel floor. Before it could get up, Lilith was upon it with an axe blade attachment poised to strike. She closed her eyes as it fell.

Lilith uses Makeshift Guillotine on Aero! 37 Dmg with a chance of Instant Death! (ATK)

MP: 27/48

Last edited by Masquerade on Tue Apr 06, 2010 5:27 pm; edited 2 times in total
Masquerade
Masquerade
Eternal Dreamer
Eternal Dreamer

Back to top Go down

Post by Xenosaga Tue Apr 06, 2010 10:14 am

Seeing Valincar move, Rosetta decided to still her hand. She had been about to rush toward the Sentinel and see if she could freeze it but the ghost was already on it. She narrowed her eyes. Well, as a precaution, she could shorten the distance between them in case the Nightshade's possession didn't work.

Running into the middle of a battlefield was never a good idea, however.

Rosetta decided to be cautious this time and made a sweeping motion over her blade with her hand as usual.

[Rosetta] uses Piercethrough. Next attack will be piercing.
MP: 29/40
Xenosaga
Xenosaga
Never Awaken
Never Awaken

Back to top Go down

Post by Silver Tue Apr 06, 2010 10:36 am

Sonia
Hp: 40/40
Mp: 50/50

Sonia summons Scather!
Scather appears at I3!

Sonia barely had to raise her staff before a piercing cry burst through the room. Scather appeared, lowering himself in front of Sonia protectively. She whispered extra thanks from the previous day, caressing his scales as she always did. She then stepped back, giving him room for an attack.

Scather uses Energy Beam on Blastia!
(Damage: 100% Int/Effect: Immobilize 50%/Element: --)

Sonia
Hp: 40/40
Mp: 50/50

Scather
Hp: 55/55
Mp: 29/35
Def: 8
Int: 16
Spr: 6
Silver
Silver
Prince of Dreams
Prince of Dreams

Back to top Go down

Post by CassinoChips Tue Apr 06, 2010 11:01 am

Looking at his compatriots, Luca realized their skills were quite a bit more advanced than his at this point. He would have to work hard to catch up. And dying in the first battle would be somewhat detrimental to that effort. So he remained patient. Sliding behind where Shadow stood, Luca infused his mallet with a vial of pure Lightning element, turning the blunt weapon into a virtual ball of lightning.

Luca moves to J-6.

Luca uses Blessing of Zeus on himself. (MP: 11/15)

Last edited by CassinoChips on Tue Apr 06, 2010 5:31 pm; edited 1 time in total

CassinoChips
Drowzy Wanderer

Back to top Go down

Post by Shadow Tue Apr 06, 2010 3:20 pm

Shadow impulsed himself upwards, sending both of his Slashers flying like silver boomerangs to the Hover Robot, a sharp metallic noise echoed as both sharp weapons pierced the metallic armor it was built with. Immediately, both Slashers made a sudden curve and returned to him, who, not wasting any fragment of time, plunged both Slashers on the mechanized piece of metal at the same time the effects of gravity pulled him down.

Shadow attacks Orbit! 15 Damage, 2 Hits!
Orbit takes 15 Damage, Chance of Seal!
Orbit takes 15 Damage, Chance of Berserk!

Shadow attacks Orbit! 15 Damage, 2 Hits!
Orbit takes 15 Damage, Chance of Seal!
Orbit takes 15 Damage, Chance of Berserk!

Shadow waits...

Last edited by Shadow on Tue Apr 06, 2010 8:12 pm; edited 1 time in total
Shadow
Shadow
Graced with Good Dreams
Graced with Good Dreams

Back to top Go down

Post by Kurio Tue Apr 06, 2010 4:07 pm

Zero activates S-Ability: Meld

Zero uses Corrosion on Orbit. 9 Dmg and halves Orbit's DEF for Zero's next damaging attack
MP: 35/40

Zero used her control over wind to cloak her presence again while dipping her dagger in acid and slashing the robot, the acid corroding the metal in seconds.

Zero moves to cell G-5
Kurio
Kurio

Back to top Go down

Post by Masquerade Tue Apr 06, 2010 5:50 pm

Aero INSTANT DEATH!

Blastia takes 8 Dmg!

HP: 82/90

R-Ability Magic Reflector activates!

Scather is hit! 24 Dmg! (INT)

Orbit takes 5 Dmg!

HP: 85/90

Orbit is Sealed!

Orbit is Berserk!

Atk: 30
Def: 7

Orbit's DEF is halved for Zero's next attack!

KNIGHT becomes Possessed!

{w} {c} { } { } { } { } {S} {c} {w} F
{w} { } {I} { } {Z} { } { } { } {w} G
{w} {O} {C} { } {R} {S} { } { } {w} I
{w} {w} {w} { } { } {L} {w} {w} {w} J

Valincar's Possession has 3 turns left.

Rosetta's next attack is Piercing!

Zero's Meld has 3 turns left.

Scather is summoned!

Luca's normal attacks are now of the Lightning element!

Enemy Phase.

Shots moves to D7!

Shots uses Trick Shot on Shadow! 21 Dmg! (INT)

MP: 35/50

Blastia uses Rapid Shredding on Scather! 21 Dmg! (ATK)

MP: 41/50

Blastia moves to F5.

Orbit waits.

{ } {w} { } { } { } { } {S} {w} { } D
{w} {c} { } { } {B} { } { } {c} {w} F
{w} { } {I} { } {Z} { } { } { } {w} G
{w} {c} { } { } { } { } {O} {c} {w} H
{w} {O} {C} { } {R} {S} { } { } {w} I
{w} {w} {w} { } { } {L} {w} {w} {w} J

Orbit is Sealed for 2 more turns.

Orbit is Berserk for 2 more turns.

Player Phase 2!

KNIGHT moves to D6.

From everyone's vantage point, it seemed as though the armored sentinel was getting closer to its ally. Could they communicate? Would they form some kind of plan against the party? After a couple of minutes, all became apparent. The armored sentinel's beam saber charged up and hacked away at the hover robot next to it. Valincar's possession had been successful.

KNIGHT uses Hazard Mark on Shots! 3 hits! 21 Dmg per hit! (ATK)

MP: 41/55

Lilith uses Zephyrus Massacre on All Enemies! 26 Dmg with a chance of Blood Loss! (ATK)

MP: 6/75

Satisfied with her recent kill, Lilith set her sights higher. Her axe blade attachments extended, one on each of her sides. She braced herself and began spinning rapidly. A small gale filled the room as she zoomed throughout it, slashing enemies over and over again, hoping that they would be ripped to shreds.

Lilith waits.

Last edited by Masquerade on Tue Apr 06, 2010 6:36 pm; edited 1 time in total
Masquerade
Masquerade
Eternal Dreamer
Eternal Dreamer

Back to top Go down

Post by CassinoChips Tue Apr 06, 2010 5:58 pm

Knowing he was physically overmatched by the enemies in the battle, Luca relegated himself to support duties. But that was fine by him, as it was something he took great pleasure in. As long as he was being useful, he was happy.

Luca moves to J-5.

Luca casts Blessing of Zeus on Rosetta. (MP: 7/15)

CassinoChips
Drowzy Wanderer

Back to top Go down

Post by Kurio Tue Apr 06, 2010 6:08 pm

Zero moves to cell G-7

Seeing that the robots failed to find her, Zero ran behind the robot she just weakened and slashed it twice. The electricity in her dagger jumped into the robot each strike.

Zero attacks Orbit. 17 Lightning Dmg per hit, 2 hits
Kurio
Kurio

Back to top Go down

Post by Sponsored content

Sponsored content

Back to top Go down

Page 2 of 34 Previous  1, 2, 3 ... 18 ... 34  Next