Eternal Dream
Would you like to react to this message? Create an account in a few clicks or log in to continue.

War Games: Eternal Dream vs Marriland

+5
Xenosaga
Masquerade
Kurio
Zerifachias
Durn
9 posters

Page 7 of 7 Previous  1, 2, 3, 4, 5, 6, 7

Go down

War Games: Eternal Dream vs Marriland - Page 7 Empty Re: War Games: Eternal Dream vs Marriland

Post by PwnageSniper Fri Dec 17, 2010 3:51 pm

@Durn: When you go by that logic. Three questions:

1) Why is this very forum here still running? There is a much smaller number of people online.
2) Why would they waste time talking to people they see as trolls? I'm not calling you guys trolls, but that is how they will see you.
3) True, but how does justify bringing down an established system?

If you had a lot of people behind you, then it would be like taking down a dictatorship. Not too tricky. But you haven't got a lot of people behind you. As a result, they will listen to moderators over you guys due to the 'power' element and the sheer number. There are moderators there than active members here. Take away the number of people who wouldn't be willing to take down Marriland, like myself, and the number's small. It's a mess, but it won't happen.
PwnageSniper
PwnageSniper
Tormented By Nightmares
Tormented By Nightmares

Location : Whereever I want to be. Whenever I want to be. Wonders of the Internet.

Back to top Go down

War Games: Eternal Dream vs Marriland - Page 7 Empty Re: War Games: Eternal Dream vs Marriland

Post by Durn Fri Dec 17, 2010 3:54 pm

PwnageSniper wrote:1) Why is this very forum here still running? There is a much smaller number of people online. We aren't dwindling in numbers in comparison to last year. We have a consistent amount that is keeping us alive.
2) Why would they waste time talking to people they see as trolls? I'm not calling you guys trolls, but that is how they will see you. They shouldn't see us as trolls - plain and simple. If they do, then they're just being lazy. "Troll" is merely an excuse to ignore what somebody says or does.
3) True, but how does justify bringing down an established system? The "system" is becoming less and less established. It'll kill itself sooner or later.
Durn
Durn
Hermit Sage
Hermit Sage

Back to top Go down

Post by Masquerade Fri Dec 17, 2010 3:54 pm

I have my own personal vendetta against Marriland. I will bring about its downfall one way or another...unless the administration takes the initiative to get ahold of things before they crumble. That's where it stands. Simple as that.
Masquerade
Masquerade
Eternal Dreamer
Eternal Dreamer

https://eternaldream.forummotion.com

Back to top Go down

Post by Zerifachias Fri Dec 17, 2010 3:55 pm

PwnageSniper wrote:@Durn: When you go by that logic. Three questions:

1) Why is this very forum here still running? There is a much smaller number of people online. Because we're awesome and don't hate each other. Not to mention if we troll, we troll each other SUCCESSFULLY.
2) Why would they waste time talking to people they see as trolls? I'm not calling you guys trolls, but that is how they will see you. Duh. Their feeble minds cannot accept that what we say is the truth, and their ignorance leads them to believe that we are the bad guys.
3) True, but how does justify bringing down an established system? This "established system" your talking about is a huge freaking mess.

If you had a lot of people behind you, then it would be like taking down a dictatorship. Not too tricky. But you haven't got a lot of people behind you. As a result, they will listen to moderators over you guys due to the 'power' element and the sheer number. There are moderators there than active members here. Take away the number of people who wouldn't be willing to take down Marriland, like myself, and the number's small. It's a mess, but it won't happen. We don't need a lot of people to spread the initial word. It's perfectly normal for gossip to travel, so that's just one of the things we can do.
Zerifachias
Zerifachias
Totes-Mcgoats
Totes-Mcgoats

Back to top Go down

Post by PwnageSniper Fri Dec 17, 2010 4:05 pm

@Durn: Which leads to the issue of shutting it down. Ignorance is a right. And everything dies, why do you want to kill something that others are still enjoying?

@Masq: I don't know the reasoning of your vendetta, but you alone cannot shut down a forum. That's just absurd.

@Zeri: Going back to my previous point, when you try to destroy something that a majority enjoy, technically, you are the bad guys. This is a better community to an extent, I still see plenty of bad words towards one another, but it's the norm. And it's a mess. Yeah. You never heard of an organised mess? People still know what to do, where to go and all that. It's not über-sauber or anything like that, nothing is.

I still fail to see a legitimate reason. The reason I see is that you don't like it. You're outnumbered on that front, so it will be fun seeing what you guys can come up with. It'll be wasted time though, I guarantee that.
PwnageSniper
PwnageSniper
Tormented By Nightmares
Tormented By Nightmares

Location : Whereever I want to be. Whenever I want to be. Wonders of the Internet.

Back to top Go down

Post by Durn Fri Dec 17, 2010 4:07 pm

PwnageSniper wrote:@Durn: Which leads to the issue of shutting it down. Ignorance is a right. And everything dies, why do you want to kill something that others are still enjoying?

I don't wish to shatter it from the inside or destroy their "enjoyment". As long as they see the truth that the community there is terrible in comparison to multiple other places, I'm satisfied.
Durn
Durn
Hermit Sage
Hermit Sage

Back to top Go down

Post by Zerifachias Fri Dec 17, 2010 4:08 pm

If you enjoy Marriland so much, why do you even bother coming here?
Zerifachias
Zerifachias
Totes-Mcgoats
Totes-Mcgoats

Back to top Go down

Post by PwnageSniper Fri Dec 17, 2010 4:10 pm

Silv. That random moment when you realise that you're signed up to a forum and you just want to check back on it. Those are my only two reasons.
PwnageSniper
PwnageSniper
Tormented By Nightmares
Tormented By Nightmares

Back to top Go down

Post by Masquerade Fri Dec 17, 2010 4:29 pm

What you believe to be absurd is but a normal day for me, pal. You know not to whom you speak. Trust me.
Masquerade
Masquerade
Eternal Dreamer
Eternal Dreamer

Back to top Go down

Post by Zerifachias Fri Dec 17, 2010 4:32 pm

Zerifachias
Zerifachias
Totes-Mcgoats
Totes-Mcgoats

Back to top Go down

Post by Dwaggy Sama~ Fri Dec 17, 2010 6:47 pm

Uh, not to be involved in this mess...but I feel I need to express my opinion[s].
So I'll start with Pwnage's questionnaire:

1) Why is this very forum here still running? There is a much smaller number of people online.

True, but then, you have to look at it from a perspective: A forum can be run decently if the members can be dedicated to it, with good, fair, decisions from a moderator / the main admins. If there's no dedication and fairness with members, then there's no reason to do anything, and thus, no reason to come.

I have my own reasons not to be very active for any forum, but I can say that this forum has its dedicated members, despite the fact that there are few, so I don't see why it can't run.

2) Why would they waste time talking to people they see as trolls? I'm not calling you guys trolls, but that is how they will see you.

...Moderators or admins have to look at each complaint / suggestion with fairness and with thought. So why can't they?

3) True, but how does justify bringing down an established system?

Now with all the moderator complaints, I guess I should talk about how moderators should be; lets say you see a potential moderator:

A potential moderator, in my eyes, is someone who surpasses posting quality of an average member and is also a friendly person. Very few staff members are chosen based on posts alone; personality has a big part to play. If you're generally liked by members as well as staff members, there's more of a chance that you have a greater potential to be modded.

Call this what you will, some will say it is favoritism or popularity, however staff are meant to be good people in retrospect, it is best for the forum to have staff members who see what's best for members.

A potential moderator, in my eyes, is seen in those who have the ability to inextricably link posting quality with a good personality, or at least; one in which is not negative.

Now in my opinion the actual mod status:

A moderator's job includes, but is not limited to, moving and closing threads, as well as editing any inappropriate ones. There is, however, much more to it than that. You must be mature and non-biased at all times and you cannot let your feelings on a certain topic influence your judgment. You must be fair to every member, no matter who, and it can even become a chore to come on each day whether you want to or not.

So I would think, that the that Marriland doesn't have to be "down" per see-- the mod line up to be edited or something.

...Well that's what its complained about the most; so yeah, I guess so.
Dwaggy Sama~
Dwaggy Sama~
Void Sleeper
Void Sleeper

Back to top Go down

Post by Bonkenhi Sat Dec 18, 2010 8:31 pm

So I've kinda returned from being overloaded with work from Uni and I caught up on the latest business on Mar...

http://en.wikipedia.org/wiki/WarGames
Spoilers are in the article, for those of you who actually want to see the movie. It's a good one, I'd recommend it if you found it in the bargain bin or something. And the theme is appropriate to the situation here.

In a nutshell, the film brings across the idea of futility. The approach you're taking with your disagreements is futile and it's simply going to cause the very thing you don't want; staff that don't listen to you. Some of us might have some serioooous attitudes at times, hell, I know I do, and I'm sure everyone has their moments, but bear with us. We're human, just like you.

If you don't like Marriland, don't go there; and use your time on something more productive.
If you do, you're not going about showing it very well at the moment. If you want things to change there because you think it's for the best, be diplomatic.

kthx, and have yourselves a pleasant night.

Edit: Nice touch with the insomniac title. It fits.

Bonkenhi
Insomniac

Back to top Go down

Post by Masquerade Sat Dec 18, 2010 8:36 pm

There is nothing more to discuss here. Everyone has laid down their arms. The path to either ruin or salvation has been set. Because of this, this thread shall be locked.
Masquerade
Masquerade
Eternal Dreamer
Eternal Dreamer

Back to top Go down

Post by Sponsored content

Sponsored content

Back to top Go down

Page 7 of 7 Previous  1, 2, 3, 4, 5, 6, 7