Eternal Dream
Would you like to react to this message? Create an account in a few clicks or log in to continue.

The Path Less Traveled: Recuperation

2 posters

Go down

The Path Less Traveled: Recuperation Empty The Path Less Traveled: Recuperation

Post by Silver Wed Jun 01, 2011 4:59 pm

After the Matin War, the world was left in destruction. People filled with hate, greed, lust, and all of Reith's most evil gifts were mostly all that was left of the world. With the Gods forced to sleep by the violet star and the savior of the world locked away in the Astral plain, it seemed there was little hope. And even though Queen Antoinette used all of the resources available to her, it appeared that nothing could stop the world's descent into death.

But the worst had yet to come by that time... for Garnet Hart, a vile and most treacherous man, had no intention of letting the world end just yet. He called for revolution, blaming the newfound queen for all of the world's troubles, blaming her for the Matin war and intending for the world to die. Tricking the few remaining people, Garnet overthrew Antoinette, after which all hope for peace seemed to grow.

And for a while, it seemed Garnet would revive the world, as the wars stopped and the world slowly rebuilt itself. The world even began to modernize as a whole, with machines becoming very well found even in Xeven. But after ten years of reconstruction, things finally returning to normal, Garnet revealed his true intentions. Mathinec under his direct control, he became the dictator the advanced nation had known prior to Antoinette. No one country able to stop him, one by one each nation fell until the entire world was under Garnet's control. The world was renamed Gare.

Underneath Garnet's oppression, the citizenry was shattered with no hope left. None... but one person with the courage (or stupidity...) to charge Garnet's palace alone and try to retake the world.

---------------------------------------------------------------------------------------------------------

This is a OnexOne between Durn and I that has the following (slightly) new concepts:

Basic Abilities: These are abilities that every one has access to, even enemies. The abilities are known as Defend, Charge, and Link. Defend is an action that raises Defense and Spirit (Def and Spr :p) by 50%, it counts as an act action. Charge is an action that causes the next attack to deal 50% more damage than normal, it counts as an act action and requires 5% Max Mp to execute. Link is an action that requires two characters to be able to attack the same target and be right next to each other (in an adjacent cell). When Link is activated the two may choose a specific set of actions and link them together for a different effect (for more information see L-Ability below.).

L-Ability: As was stated above, two units can use their turns together and link abilities or actions for new effects. At first, the only available L-Ability is called Double Attack, in which the two unit's involved strike the target together dealing more damage. But as you go and complete achievements and the story, there will be more available to use. Some L-Abilities are unique to certain characters.

Desperation: This will come later in the story line. For now, all I'll say is that it is a very powerful.

(The profile thread and other stuff will be up shortly Durn ;))
Silver
Silver
Prince of Dreams
Prince of Dreams

https://www.facebook.com/pages/Xavier-Rains/314656341904106

Back to top Go down

The Path Less Traveled: Recuperation Empty Re: The Path Less Traveled: Recuperation

Post by Silver Wed Aug 10, 2011 8:19 pm

The day had been similar to each and every other since Garnet had taken over. Ill fated winds swept across the dead nations, spelling out nothing but depression for the citizenry. Even in Xeven, far off from the tyrant's iron fist, the effects of his evil were felt. For it was true, not even the small islands of Artania were able to evade the feelings of death and despair. The whole world was caught underneath Garnet Hart's iron curtain, trapped in his personal wonderland.

But one traveler wouldn't accept such a thing. She would not bow underneath his rule, and she would not pledge her allegiance to him. It was on this day that she chose to walk up to the gates of Garevinco castle, ready to take on the dictator. For she had every intention of freeing the world, making it so that her travels would be uninterrupted.

However she made reached an unexpected road bump.

"Halt. Who dares approach Garevinco castle?"

A single soldier to halt her progress.
Silver
Silver
Prince of Dreams
Prince of Dreams

Back to top Go down

The Path Less Traveled: Recuperation Empty Re: The Path Less Traveled: Recuperation

Post by Durn Wed Aug 10, 2011 9:19 pm

Before the castle stood a single woman. This woman's onyx hair cascaded gently in the breeze, her bangs hanging cleanly in front of her face. Her visage garnered a tranquil calmness, her lone, monochrome eye gazing at the man. Her gaze was solid and focused, yet relaxed and unimposing. But, for that same reason, it became all the more threatening. Her odd, ominously peaceful aura contradicting intensely with the long, intimidating blade hanging at her waist. The sword was bare and unprotected - its crimson edge glinting brightly in the sun.

The woman's right eye was covered by a white eye patch. In addition to this injury - whenever the wind would blow - her kimono would expose a lengthy bandage, which wrapped around her right arm to an indefinite point of her body. She remained barefoot; this was odd, because her feet were extraordinarily smooth. They suffered from little to no damage, regardless of how vigorous she exercised them. Her only piece of clothing was a long, jet black kimono, which reached lengths past the tips of her fingers and soles of her feet whenever the wind would blow.

"I have no name. My background is unimportant and irrelevant." The woman stated, remaining motionless, her limbs unresponsive to the bustling winds, "Nor do I 'dare' approach your stalwart walls. I challenge them with 'certainty', with 'assurance' and 'determination'. I do not take risks. I do not dare."
Durn
Durn
Hermit Sage
Hermit Sage

Back to top Go down

Post by Silver Wed Aug 10, 2011 10:04 pm

"Y-You challenge Lord Garnet?"

The soldier took a couple steps backwards, slightly taken back by the woman's response. Typically when people approached the castle it was to ask the lord for a pardon or for trials. No one had ever stated that they spoke to challenge his majesty or his rule, lest they fall prey to his will. The soldier took a moment to recompose himself, turning his weapon on the woman, waving his hand to another sentry.

"B-By his rule, you are deemed a traitor. You shall not be leaving, and you shall not continue."

Event Name: To Overthrow the King
Party Win: Route Enemy
Party Loss: Party KO
Atmosphere: Garevinco Castle - Outer Wall

{W} {W} {W} {G} {G} {G} {W} {W} {W} A
{W} {W} {W} { } { } { } {W} {W} {W} B
{W} {W} { } {A} { } {D} { } {W} {W} C
{W} { } { } { } { } { } { } { } {W} D
{ } { } { } { } { } { } { } { } { } E
{ } { } { } { } { } { } { } { } { } F
{ } { } { } { } { } { } { } { } { } G
{ } { } { } { } { } { } { } { } { } H
{ } { } { } { } { } { } { } { } { } I
-1---2---3---4---5---6---7---8---9-

Alan
Hp: 15/15
Mp: 15/15
Atk: 4
Def: 5
Int: 1
Spr: 2
Move: 3 Cells

Daniel

You may start in Rows H-I!
Silver
Silver
Prince of Dreams
Prince of Dreams

Back to top Go down

Post by Durn Sat Aug 13, 2011 1:22 pm

Shimofuri Onna starts at H5.

The tall woman gracefully smiled at the two guards, her sword still at her side. "You seem to have misunderstood." She placed her right hand over her stomach, reaching for her blade, "I apologize if something I said sounded hostile." She removed her blade from the sash around her waist, readying it in front of her body. Although she appeared ready for battle, a sense of calmness remained about her. Her left eye examined the men and the battlefield quietly and slowly, her grip on her blade extremely gentle, yet absolute and prepared.

"You attacked me first." She stated prematurely, a look of innocence seen through the childish grin spread across her visage.
Durn
Durn
Hermit Sage
Hermit Sage

Back to top Go down

Post by Silver Sat Aug 13, 2011 1:38 pm

{ } { } { } { } {S} { } { } { } { } H

Shimofuri Onna
Mp: 20/20
Atk: 5
Def: 3
Spr: 3
Move: 4 Cells

Alan

Daniel

{W} - Castle Wall
No Passthrough. No Occupy.
Hp: 100/100
Def: 50
Spr: 30

{G} - Castle Gate
Hp: 50/50
Def: 25
Spr: 15

Player Phase - 1
Silver
Silver
Prince of Dreams
Prince of Dreams

Back to top Go down

Post by Durn Sat Aug 13, 2011 1:52 pm

Shimofuri Onna waits.

"I repeat," She muttered, "You attacked me first." Continuing to smile at the guards, the woman stood her ground, awaiting the guards' first motions. She didn't want to move first, that would mean exposing herself to strikes from both guards. Shimofuri Onna knew better than that; she would put her superior speed to her advantage.
Durn
Durn
Hermit Sage
Hermit Sage

Back to top Go down

Post by Silver Sat Aug 13, 2011 2:15 pm

Enemy Phase - 1

Alan moves to F4!

Alan waits.

Daniel uses Cover on Alan!

Daniel is covering Alan!

{W} {W} { } { } { } {D} { } {W} {W} C
{ } { } { } {A} { } { } { } { } { } F

Neutral Phase - 1

N/A

{W} {W} { } { } { } {D} { } {W} {W} C
{ } { } { } {A} { } { } { } { } { } F

Shimofuri Onna
Mp: 20/20
Atk: 5
Def: 3
Spr: 3
Move: 4 Cells

Alan *Covered*

Daniel *Covering*
Mp: 7/15

{W} - Castle Wall
Hp: 100/100
Def: 50
Spr: 30

{G} - Castle Gate
Hp: 50/50
Def: 25
Spr: 15

Player Phase - 2
Silver
Silver
Prince of Dreams
Prince of Dreams

Back to top Go down

Post by Sponsored content

Sponsored content

Back to top Go down