Eternal Dream
Would you like to react to this message? Create an account in a few clicks or log in to continue.

Interest Check: Music of the Heart

+2
Luminous
Silver
6 posters

Go down

Interest Check: Music of the Heart Empty Interest Check: Music of the Heart

Post by Silver Mon Aug 06, 2012 6:43 pm

The Kingdom of Illumination

Trumpets had sounded earlier that day, sounds more joyous than those that rang from the heavens abound the entire kingdom. Earlier that day festivities fit for the gods enveloped the kingdom as all celebrated the arrival of a new dawn. A bright light so brilliant not even the strongest traces of darkness could stand to touch it had been born. Princess Cordelia, the final of the eight maidens void of darkness; one of the select few who could truly hold back the darkness. Her birth had been something of great mystery and joy; for previously only seven maidens held the power the infant was gifted with. It had been believed that only those seven young girls would be able to hold back the darkness. To witness such an unexpected delight and radiance, and to provide home for such a pure entity was truly worth such merriment.

However, festivity had all but faded now; dusk settling on the world, bathing it in starlight. In the princess' tower sat two others, the only ones still awake in the entire kingdom. Of those two, one was the young girl's father, King Abner, the other an unexpected guest. One who's presence in the world was entirely foreign. She, with hair similar to the color of the night sky and wise gray eyes, stood in the doorway; her brow was furrowed and her eyes desperate.

"I don't understand." came the tired voice of the king, his worries tainting his quiet tone. His deep sapphire eyes trained on the sleeping daughter in his care, though his statement obviously directed at the visitor. "How is she, one with a heart so pure, doomed to face darkness that will tear life itself from her?"

"I know not," the woman replied, her tone heavy with sorrow "the Seer spoke not of how or why." Her gray eyes drifted over to the small child sleeping soundly. She herself could not understand why a the princess, so pure and untouched, especially on this her day of birth, was doomed so. Darkness should not have been able to touch her, and yet the Seer's predictions were never wrong... "Merely that she will. There is nothing anyone can do to change her fate, terrible though it may be." she whispered, pursing her lips tightly together.

"There must be something-" the king retaliated, his voice raised for but a moment. He would have lowered it had the woman not cut him off.

"There is not. She will face it one day." the woman replied rather coldly, taking another step into the room. "However," she added after a moment, her voice warmer "We can protect her. It will by no means save her from her fate, but it will protect her in her time of need." At this the king quickly moved from the sleeping form of his daughter and over to the woman, falling to his knees and grasping her.

"Tell me and it shall be done!" he plead, gripping her a little more tightly. The woman sighed and removed him from her, eyes trailing from his sunken form to the child.

"Gather your council," she said quietly, ignoring the king as he ran off to do so. The second he was gone, the woman moved over to the cradle, a slightly hesitant hand reaching out to the baby. "I envy you not," she whispered "but brilliance blossoms from even the greatest hardship. Yours will be no different..."

Two years later...

"And that, my people, is why I am pleased to announce the beginning of the young highness' second birthday. May your joys and happiness fall upon her and lead her through another bright year." Applause. Though his words had been happy and very well received, he could not help inwardly grimacing. These past two years had been frightful ones; not for the kingdom, but for the man who led it. Protected though his daughter was, he spent every day fearing for the young child; her fate was sealed in stone, their safeguard would not keep her from it.

And yet a smile remained on his face throughout the festivities, his form not straying from that of the young princess. With him were not only the council, who had provided the spell, but also a group of three; specially selected for their skills, they had been charged as being guard for the young maiden. Though the festivities were about, and trumpets played as though it were the day she was born, they would need be on guard. There was no room for such a would-be happiness to catch them off-guard; if the princess' fate was sealed in such a way that there was an offender to take vengeance on, then vengeance would be had.

But no murderer made himself present, nor did any attack on the babe come forth. She was safe for yet another day, but one could only wonder when the ill-fated day would come. The day when darkness would wrench life away from the unexpected maiden with a heart void of shadow.

- - - - -

Alright, so this is a new statistical roleplay that I am still in the process of working out. I wanted to post this to see who was interested, and maybe get everything party-wise planned before the roleplay itself actually starts. There are only three spots, however, and one of them has already been taken up by Shadrawr. I won't just take the first two to express interest either, so don't ignore this if you see two other people have already posted here. I want to see who you have to bring to the table and take who I think will play the most interesting roles in not only the party, but also in the story.

Last edited by Terra on Mon Aug 06, 2012 8:58 pm; edited 1 time in total
Silver
Silver
Prince of Dreams
Prince of Dreams

https://www.facebook.com/pages/Xavier-Rains/314656341904106

Back to top Go down

Interest Check: Music of the Heart Empty Re: Interest Check: Music of the Heart

Post by Luminous Mon Aug 06, 2012 6:55 pm

I've already started discussing things with Silv.
(Thanks again for the place by the way, and yes this is my first statistical roleplay. I'll try to not be a hindrance).

My character will be functioning as a tank - he'll happily take a lot of the team's aggro. And his damage is merely Atk based. He'll also be very defensive but to compensate he'll have low speed and lower Spr (to start off with). His Atk will be respectable but most of his pure damage will be gained later on. I'll edit in a link to his character sheet once I have posted this.

Edit: https://eternaldream.forummotion.com/t982-shadrawr-s-character-compilation-the-tome-of-the-awesome
Refer to 'Robert'. He's the man I'll be using for this roleplay. =)
Luminous
Luminous
Siesta Master

Back to top Go down

Post by Allindur, the Lightfoot Mon Aug 06, 2012 7:55 pm

Hm, interesting. I like the idea, and would shoot for a spot. I don't have anything ready that fits quite nice there, but I've wanted to play a healer ever since Gladdos' concept was ready. I'll think of something to add to the table, tomorrow I should have it mostly ready.
Allindur, the Lightfoot
Allindur, the Lightfoot
Fleeting Dreamer
Fleeting Dreamer

Back to top Go down

Post by Kurio Mon Aug 06, 2012 8:13 pm

Right, so I like the story quite a lot. Though considering the competition and the fact that I have no writing skills to speak of...yeah...I'm still going to try for a spot though, just in case by some miracle I actually suddenly become competent at writing ^^
Kurio
Kurio
Masochistic Kitty Kat Maid
Masochistic Kitty Kat Maid

Back to top Go down

Post by Zerifachias Tue Aug 07, 2012 12:22 am

First thoughts: Not bad, Sliv. I like where the story is pointing. It reminds me of the story behind Light. The darkness trying to consume the only light that can seal them away. Granted, the stories are very much different, but the meaning is the same.

I'd wager you were inspired by Kingdom Hearts, because that's where the inspiration from Light came from. XD

Kingdom Hearts has this special affect on the hearts of people who play it, I think. The experiences aren't always the same, but the effects are pretty similar. We tend to like the Light v.s. Dark themes.

Second thoughts:

Shadrawr wrote:my first statistical roleplay.

Your statistical role-play virginity...

I want a part of this.

https://eternaldream.forummotion.com/t346p15-zeri-s-motley-crew-of-characters#90535

^ I see your Robert and I raise you my Callisto. Callisto is not a spirit so much as Violet is, Callisto is a human, only with strong magical abilities that ranks her as a spirit. She is a magic cannon, though not made of glass. She uses a lot of crippling effects that come with the Earth element that really do a number on the enemy, but she doesn't go much into buffing others around her, mostly herself. I do eventually have all my mages get some sort of buffing ability to use on others, and for Callisto, it will most likely be Protect and Shell effects.

Callisto is proud, though her pride is closer to Zenira than Sariska. That said, she is a woman who is in control of her emotions, and will express compassion towards others whom she allies with, regardless of who they might be.

That's all I have to say for now. (b=3=)b
Zerifachias
Zerifachias
Totes-Mcgoats
Totes-Mcgoats

Back to top Go down

Post by Silver Tue Aug 07, 2012 12:26 am

@ Zeri: Aye, this was inspired by KH. I think as you get into the plot you'll see just how everything ties together. ;3
Silver
Silver
Prince of Dreams
Prince of Dreams

https://www.facebook.com/pages/Xavier-Rains/314656341904106

Back to top Go down

Post by TheNinjaSlayer Tue Aug 07, 2012 9:09 am

Well, I was really hoping to get in on this since I'm still in no RPs since I came here. I have a character who manipulates the earth using a tambourine, and he sings while causing carnage. He's a mage type with emphasis on elemental damage.
TheNinjaSlayer
TheNinjaSlayer
Cat Napper

Back to top Go down

Post by Allindur, the Lightfoot Tue Aug 07, 2012 11:11 am

And here is what I have!

Alex is essencially a position-based suporter. Her primary function is healing and protecting, but she can buff allies or debuff enemies, and all her style is based on careful positioning of her abilities.

Alex

She is sweet and lonely, trying to be helpful but avoiding of much of a close contact with anyone. Her father figure died and all of her former friends and brothers turned into rivals in the race to reach the highest strata of their school. This sudden turn of events made her close her heart to the world, but she insists on being warm and kind-hearted on the outside, since her sweetness was what her master liked about her, and it is reflected on her gems. She is proud of her ability to separate her true emotions from her outside demeanor, but in truth, she does not hide anything as well as she thinks she does.
Allindur, the Lightfoot
Allindur, the Lightfoot
Fleeting Dreamer
Fleeting Dreamer

Back to top Go down

Post by Luminous Tue Aug 07, 2012 2:43 pm

Wow there's some interesting character ideas here.
Callisto appeals to my destructive nature. =D
And every team needs a good healer. (I wasn't going to say this but I really hoped that someone would want to heal because Robert has a silly habit of putting himself in danger...)
Luminous
Luminous
Siesta Master

Back to top Go down

Post by Zerifachias Tue Aug 07, 2012 3:07 pm

Shadrawr wrote:Robert has a silly habit of putting himself in danger...

I see what you did there.
Zerifachias
Zerifachias
Totes-Mcgoats
Totes-Mcgoats

Back to top Go down

Post by Luminous Wed Aug 08, 2012 3:41 pm

;D
Also for those who're interested, I DO have Rob's personality mapped out and stuff. So don't worry about that. =)

Ninja edit: I will be writing it up for reference if Silv needs it.

Edit 2: I did a very sketchy description of Robert's personality last night. I may write this up properly, but this is what I have for now:
Very straight-forward, heroic good. Well-spoken and knows a lot about mana-contructed weapons/melee combat, but has little knowledge of other types of magic. Doesn't use more detail than required. Normally quite calm and collected.
In battle he shoves his emotions aside in order to get the job done, but the emotions brought on by battle can bubble over and get the better of him, causing him to make some rather risky/rash decisions. He's over-protective over his allies. People harming him has less emotional impact on him than people harming those who he considers as being his true friends. It is hard to make him fly into an 'actual rage' but when he does he is hard to console.
Unnecesarry humour isn't really his 'thing' but he catches onto jokes fairly quickly.
Another reason why he tends to bottle his emotions up a bit is not because of proffesionalism (as he reasons that being true to yourself is still more important) but because he doesn't want to intimidate his allies in any way. This could be linked to a past event or two.
As an additional note, he treats his allies with a lot of respect. He likes to think of himself as a potential father figure. Robert would struggle to fight against an ally if they betrayed him or even attempted/managed to harm another one of his allies.

Apologies for any spelling mistakes!
Luminous
Luminous
Siesta Master

Back to top Go down

Post by Sponsored content

Sponsored content

Back to top Go down