Eternal Dream
Would you like to react to this message? Create an account in a few clicks or log in to continue.

35 Hours ~ A Statistical Roleplay

+2
Masquerade
Durn
6 posters

Page 17 of 21 Previous  1 ... 10 ... 16, 17, 18, 19, 20, 21  Next

Go down

35 Hours ~ A Statistical Roleplay - Page 17 Empty Re: 35 Hours ~ A Statistical Roleplay

Post by Kurio Sun Nov 21, 2010 8:25 pm

"Does it really matter? If she wants to stay behind I don't see why we should judge her on that." Hayashi said, although he wasn't expecting a reply.
He quickly shut himself up and followed the others, even he himself was suprised at that. It was strange, Hayashi rarely spoke what he felt or his opinion, but lately they've been gnawing at his mind little by little and sometimes he felt like he would say something without thinking. Something was definetly wrong with him.
Kurio
Kurio
Masochistic Kitty Kat Maid
Masochistic Kitty Kat Maid

Back to top Go down

35 Hours ~ A Statistical Roleplay - Page 17 Empty Re: 35 Hours ~ A Statistical Roleplay

Post by Durn Sun Nov 21, 2010 8:29 pm

"There was no need for that kind of talk, Ein." Marie gently stated, making direct eye contact with the Alchemist, "Now, I suggest we head inside with haste before one of you two gouge the other's throat out." She sighed and turned away from the party, quickly engaging one of the guardsmen in conversation.

After a couple words, Marie was able to convince the guard to allow her and her allies to pass through, and visit the king himself. Upon the opening of the great, blue door, the main hallway of the castle was open for the party to see. It was lined with multiple guards, all of which were able to maintain a stern composure, holding their weapons at their sides - covered with plate armor from head to toe.

Marie's high-heeled shoes made a loud, echoing noise as they clashed against the stone tile that gradually led up to an ascended platform where the king laid his elbow upon his shoulder, arrogantly awaiting the arrival of his party. Upon seeing the slender, black haired girl enter his domain, a sly smirk grew across the king's face.

"Eh, well look who it is." The king sarcastically remarked as he looked indirectly into the ruby eyes of the Game Master, "Do you have business with me, Miss Laforet?" He asked in a reluctant tone, obviously not in the mood to converse with the girl one bit.

"My stay here will be transient and to-the-point, sir." Marie remarked, "We've completed the chores that you asked us to do for your frail little self, now give me something that's a little less menial, and something more worthy of a member of the Royal Guard."
Durn
Durn
Hermit Sage
Hermit Sage

Back to top Go down

Post by Masquerade Sun Nov 21, 2010 9:07 pm

"Sorry...Marie," he stated, placing venemous emphasis on her name. She had become less and less reliable as a person, though her skills and support in combat were amazing. Did she possess the proper judgment to be making important decisions? "I'm afraid that I knew not that there was no need to state the obvious." With that said, he entered the castle.

Looking around, it was what would be typical of a castle. His uncaring eyes gazed about the place, not focusing on anything in particular. The king seemed like a bastard, so he had to give props to Marie for holding her own against the foolish monarch. He didn't say anything; this seemed to be about Marie and the king.
Masquerade
Masquerade
Eternal Dreamer
Eternal Dreamer

https://eternaldream.forummotion.com

Back to top Go down

Post by Durn Sun Nov 21, 2010 9:47 pm

"You expect me to send you and your scum on a mission of significance?" The king spat out of his mouth, quickly gazing over the present party members, "There's no way in hell!" He let out a deep, haughty laugh, looking down at Marie with distaste.

"I understand that you're a king and all, but..." Marie began, her right hand then clenched itself, forming a fist that remained at her side, "that's just a pointless title. I don't respect you, and you don't respect me, and that's because you're a mindless dolt. On the other hand," She gazed over at Ein, "I care about my scum and respect them, even if they might go overboard at times. There's a fine line between them and your foolishness."

She then turned back, away from the king, "I have no time for nuisances like you, I can take care of things without your petty judgment."

"Ein. We're leaving."
Durn
Durn
Hermit Sage
Hermit Sage

Back to top Go down

Post by Masquerade Sun Nov 21, 2010 9:50 pm

Marie told the king off. He was a bastard and she let him have it. Something caused a strange feeling within his heart that he felt was a bit respect for Marie returning to it. Of course, it was more of the case of the dumb king getting what was too good for him. How did he not know this would happen? Ah, he was an idiot. Perfectly reasonable.

"As you wish, Marie," he stated indifferently and gave the king a slight nod of the head in mockery of his pathetic reign. Turning, he followed Marie out without hesitation.
Masquerade
Masquerade
Eternal Dreamer
Eternal Dreamer

Back to top Go down

Post by Silver Sun Nov 21, 2010 10:04 pm

Pathetic. This was the man she feared? A man who claimed the title of king and yet couldn't hold authority of one of his battalions? It was laughable as to just how foolish he was being. The cellist stepped into the room made and turned, not once looking at him.

"Fool."

With that as her farewell, she followed the game master and alchemist, not making the slightest reaction to the king's screaming. For Alice, there was no longer a reason to fear the idiotic man she called "your majesty". He had proven that himself, and nothing he or anyone could say would change that now. Reaching the bottom floor her eyes caught sight of the two that she had been following.

"Wait."
Silver
Silver
Prince of Dreams
Prince of Dreams

https://www.facebook.com/pages/Xavier-Rains/314656341904106

Back to top Go down

Post by Durn Sun Nov 21, 2010 10:10 pm

"Hmm?" Marie turned around; a small girl with blonde hair that was tied back into a bun, with her bangs freely dangling down the front of her forehead was standing directly in front of her. Her eyes were rather droopy and were of a blue shade, and her clothing was of the same chromatic color as well.

"Do you have business with us?" Marie asked in a semi-faux, yet seemingly kind manner, attempting to blow off a little bit of steam that she had accumulated after her confrontation with the king. She closed her eyes gently and smiled at the girl, letting out a faint giggle.
Durn
Durn
Hermit Sage
Hermit Sage

Back to top Go down

Post by Silver Sun Nov 21, 2010 10:17 pm

"I'm going with."

She said it so plainly that it couldn't possibly have been a joke. There was no other thought to the statement than what was said. She was to accompany them whether they wanted her to or not. She was done with the annoyances with the castle and if they could just leave, so could she. She walked past them, not turning as she made another statement.

"Let's go."
Silver
Silver
Prince of Dreams
Prince of Dreams

Back to top Go down

Post by Durn Sun Nov 21, 2010 10:20 pm

Marie blinked. She honestly didn't know what was going on with the girl, but she seemed to be settled on one option and one option only. Marie frowned, and looked directly at the girl, slightly confused, "Now, if you're going to be traveling with a team of ex-Royal Guardsmen, at least identify yourself." She then looked toward the other party members momentarily, as if asking for approval of the new recruit.
Durn
Durn
Hermit Sage
Hermit Sage

Back to top Go down

Post by Silver Sun Nov 21, 2010 10:25 pm

"Alice."

She didn't turn as she began to leave through the two large doors, there was no reason for her to. She looked at the ground for a second before bringing her head back up. And then she suddenly turned to face the party, her eyes solemn and her her words emotionless.

"Alice Forrester."
Silver
Silver
Prince of Dreams
Prince of Dreams

Back to top Go down

Post by Durn Sun Nov 21, 2010 11:23 pm

"Going for the bare minimum, I see." Marie shrugged, unsure as to what the girl wanted with the party, beside the fact that she wanted to go with Marie. For all the Game Master knew, she could be a spy sent by the sorry excuse for a king.

"My name is Marie Laforet. It's a pleasure to meet you." She held her hand out toward the mysterious girl, as if asking for a handshake or something of a similar meaning.

"You can come with us for now, I suppose."
Durn
Durn
Hermit Sage
Hermit Sage

Back to top Go down

Post by Silver Sun Nov 21, 2010 11:35 pm

"Suspicions are meaningless."

Alice barely spoke, nor did she take the hand that Marie offered her. She turned back away from the party and waited for them to decide to move. Closing her eyes, she took a breath, as if she was to add onto her remark. At first there was nothing but a small sigh that was quickly thrown away.

"I'm no spy."

She didn't turn, not even the slightest movement. Her eyes opened once more, their bluish hues remaining emotionless. Her head dropped to the ground once more before she looked up again. Making the slightest turn towards the Game Master, she spoke once more.

"Shall we go?"
Silver
Silver
Prince of Dreams
Prince of Dreams

Back to top Go down

Post by Masquerade Mon Nov 22, 2010 12:20 am

Ein seriously felt like slamming his palm into his face. Another stupid bitch wanted to join the team? Who did this girl think she was? Unfortunately, it was Marie who was in charge here, though it would be easy to transmute her into a statue and take over, but that wasn't anywhere in the alchemist's agenda. He had more important things to worry about.

"Marie, another one?" he asked, his voice displaying somewhat of an indifferent agony. "Picking up insects is nice, but when you put them back down, they're just going to get crushed. What are we to gain by adding another worthless wench to our so-called 'gang'?" he asked. It was Marie's decision in the end, but he thought he'd at least question her to make sure that this was exactly what she wanted to do.
Masquerade
Masquerade
Eternal Dreamer
Eternal Dreamer

Back to top Go down

Post by Zerifachias Mon Nov 22, 2010 9:14 am

The others were not back yet. Crystal remained seated, leaning up against the wall behind her, her arms folded. She didn't care when they got back, and she didn't care if they wasted time. To her, time was nothing, so she didn't have to worry about it. Crystal eyed the area around her. Maybe someone would finally recognize her if she revealed her claymore?

"I could have a little fun," Crystal said to herself, her hand itching behind her back. "But if my actions cause their deaths, then I would have to find some other powerful mortals to help me. Well, they would be reassured that I would help them in their trip down to Hell." Crystal grinned. When those people finally died, she would give them the first-class, one-way trip down to Hell. Except for Ein. He would get special treatment.

"Hey you!" A man's voice. Crystal ignored it. Mortals were too much trouble anyway. "You're that demon child!" Now Crystal looked up.

"A demon child?" Crystal sneered at the guard who had finally recognized her. "Not even close, mortal. I'm old enough to be your grandmother's grandmother. Come to think of it, I might have killed her at some point." Crystal grabbed her sword, which appeared in a flash of black darkness. She pointed it at the foolish guard. "I'm not here to kill the king this time, so you can waste your petty life right now trying to fight an immortal, or you can waste your petty life when I actually come here to kill. You're choice."
Zerifachias
Zerifachias
Totes-Mcgoats
Totes-Mcgoats

Back to top Go down

Post by Durn Mon Nov 22, 2010 1:32 pm

"We might as well head back down to Crystal. Who knows what kind of trouble she's caused." Marie sighed, walking up to Ein's side and quietly murmuring something into his ear as she passed, "I understand you hate my process of thinking, but you'll just have to live with it for now. Who knows, this girl might be useful."

She then continued on, catching up to Alice and returning back to the rest of the group, only to see Crystal picking a fight with some random guard. Marie sighed, and decided not to interfere.
Durn
Durn
Hermit Sage
Hermit Sage

Back to top Go down

Post by Masquerade Mon Nov 22, 2010 3:00 pm

"Never said I wasn't going to live with it, Marie," Ein said in an unentertained voice as if the game master were boring him. He didn't say anything else to her for now he knew that she had made up her mind. Unfortunately, now that there was quibbling between Crystal and the guards, he wished there were more to say for he didn't plan on getting involved just as it appeared to be with Marie.

Always with the trouble, he thought and rolled his eyes at the meager excuse of a conflict. He'd be more thrilled (not really) when they could get on with whatever they were doing next.
Masquerade
Masquerade
Eternal Dreamer
Eternal Dreamer

Back to top Go down

Post by Zerifachias Mon Nov 22, 2010 3:54 pm

"The king will hear of this immediately!" The guard said. It seemed he was trying to threaten Crystal with justice. Crystal couldn't take much more of it.

"Sure. But he won't if I cut off your head, now will he?" Crystal asked innocently, her blade flashing as she twisted it slightly and cocked her head. The guard hesitated, trying to figure out what to do next. But Crystal lowered her weapon before he could think of anything and sighed. "I'm not here to kill the king yet, you moron. So you can go cause a ruckus in the castle and make a fool of yourself while I escape to the depths of hell, or you could forget that we ever met. You're choice." Crystal cloaked her claymore once more and waved the guard on.

"Now go, I'm waiting for some allies," Crystal said, now irritated at the guard.
Zerifachias
Zerifachias
Totes-Mcgoats
Totes-Mcgoats

Back to top Go down

Post by Durn Mon Nov 22, 2010 3:56 pm

Marie sighed and left Ein's side, approaching the demon lady with an irritated look on her face, yet she tried her hardest not to show it. "We should get going." She stated bluntly, not waiting for a response as she continued down the endless, stone stairs back to the town square.
Durn
Durn
Hermit Sage
Hermit Sage

Back to top Go down

Post by Masquerade Mon Nov 22, 2010 4:34 pm

Ein didn't say anything else, but just continued to follow Marie along. It's not like they had or would be having any business with the king for a long, long time, not like it mattered to Ein. Instead of worrying what was to come, Ein continued to think on what kind of alchemic techniques he could use to become even stronger. Marie had deigned that they receive a more difficult task from the king, and now that they were practically freelancers, he was pretty damn sure the wench would do whatever it took to land them something hard.

Oh well. Go with the flow, or some such nonsense, he thought in disgust. Whatever awaited them in the future could be nothing but grim.
Masquerade
Masquerade
Eternal Dreamer
Eternal Dreamer

Back to top Go down

Post by Durn Mon Nov 22, 2010 5:36 pm

Obviously, the party was on edge, so Marie suggested that they head back to the Town Square to see what they might be able to buy. As usual, the place was bustling. The sound of the centerpiece water fountain was as loud as ever, the traders bartering with customers, and the loud, annoying sound of horses' hooves clopping against the ground were as apparent as they ever were.

The party approached the center of the square, getting the best view that they could get of the nearby shops. By the look of it, the Item Shop seemed to be running, yet many customers were inside, meaning that any of the nifty trinkets inside could be gone at any moment.

Marie then looked to her left, or to the right of the Item Shop, where the Weapon Shop stood tall and proud, now reopened thanks to the errand that the party ran for the shop owner. The Armor Shop, on the other hand, was closed down, for a sign that read "KEEP OUT" in bright, red text was dangling from the door.

By the look of it, a new store known as the Synthesis Shop had opened up a little bit to the south of the main square. The building itself was concealed behind the other buildings, where it shadily did business with whoever dared enter the premise. Who knows? Maybe there are some neat things inside, but there was only one way to find out.

"I'm going to go get some research from 35 out of my office, I'll be back momentarily." Marie commented as she walked away from the party and toward one of the housing complexes, fading from the sight of the party in no time.

~Item Shop~

Hi-Potion x3 - Restores 50 HP upon use. [250 Gold]

Pure Mana Extract x1 - Drink it. I fucking dare you. [3000 Gold]

Lucky Rabbit's Foot x1 - The rabbit didn't stand a chance. [1200 Gold]

Expensive-ass Vase x5 - Sparkly and pearly white. [25000 Gold]

~Material Shop~

Chunk of Gold x2 - A rare piece of metal used for forging new weapons and heavy armor. [1500 Gold]

Ore x5 - A large rock which can be broken open. May contain different types of metals. [300 Gold]

Corrosive Extract x2 - Who the hell would buy this?! [125 Gold]

Red Dye x3 - A bottle of a red liquid used to dye clothing. [200 Gold]

Black Dye x1 - A bottle of a black liquid used to dye clothing. [500 Gold]

Sack of Gadgets x1 - A makeshift pouch that seems to be chock full of fancy metals and gears. [1400 Gold]

Pot of Growth x1 - A pot of different types of plant seeds that seem to be growing slowly, but surely... [1400 Gold]

~Weapon Shop~

Coal Chess Set x1 - A jet black chess set that seems to be a bit bulkier than an average set. [Weapon: +3 INT / +1 SPR / Can be Equipped by: Marie][750 Gold]

Chrome DNA x1 - A syringe of DNA that has been fused with an immense amount of shiny chrome-like material. [Weapon: +4 ATK / Can be Equipped by: Hayashi][800 Gold]

Broken Cello x1 - It's crap. [Weapon: +1 ATK / Can be Equipped by: Alice][150 Gold]

Iron-Tipped Gloves x1 - A pair of leather gloves; the knuckles have been studded with iron. [Weapon: +5 INT / -2 SPR / Daze / Can be Equipped by: Ein][825 Gold]

Lesser Power Sphere x1 - A small, extremely fragile sphere that's of a clear hue. A bright yellow energy can be seen stirring within... [Consumable: Increases ATK given by a weapon by 1 permanently. / Usable by: Crystal][1000 Gold]

~Armor Shop~

- - - O U T - O F - S T O C K - - -

~Synthesis Shop~

Tarot Chess Set x1 - A mysterious chess set that seems to be able to tell the future... [Weapon: +5 INT / +15 MP / Misfortune][Materials: Chunk of Gold x3 / Chunk of Coal x6 / Lunar Stone x2 / Solar Stone x2]

Frostfire Gauntlets x1 - A pair of metal, red and blue gauntlets that seem to surge with a mixture of different types of energy. [Weapon: +8 INT / Burn / Freeze][Materials: Chunk of Iron x10 / Pure Ice Mana x5 / Pure Fire Mana x5]

Hybrid DNA x1 - A syringe filled with DNA that rapidly changes colors. [Weapon: +8 ATK / +4 INT][Materials: Pure Fire Mana x1 / Pure Ice Mana x1 / Pure Water Mana x1 / Pure Earth Mana x1 / Pure Lightning Mana x1 / Pure Wind Mana x1 / Pure Mana x3]

Amulet of Time x1 - A crystal laced with a small string that can be hung around one's neck. [Accessory: +30 MP][Materials: Large Diamond x1 / Golden String x1 / Enchanted Rat Saliva x5]

Dragonfire Dress x1 - A beautiful red dress with a black chest plating. Sparks seem to occasionally fly off of it during combat. [Armor: +6 DEF / +3 SPR / Burn][Materials: Chunk of Coal x15 / Red Dragon Leather x3 / Pure Fire Mana x3]

~Bulletin Board~

Request 03: Allergic Reaction x1 - [Length: 2/5][Difficulty: 4/5][Reward: 4/5]
AVAILABLE

Current Gold: 4765

Last edited by Durn on Mon Nov 22, 2010 7:38 pm; edited 2 times in total
Durn
Durn
Hermit Sage
Hermit Sage

Back to top Go down

Post by Durn Mon Nov 22, 2010 6:00 pm

"OH! OH!" A man shouted, sticking his hand out of the huge crowd inside of the Item Store, attempting to reach the blue vial of liquid that was perched upon a small pedestal, "I'LL GIVE YOU 2500 GOLD!" He shouted, attracting the store clerk's attention.

"We've got 2500 Gold for the Pure Mana Extract! 2500 Gold! 3!..." He began the countdown for the sale, curious if any others would go higher, "2..."

"1..."
Durn
Durn
Hermit Sage
Hermit Sage

Back to top Go down

Post by Zerifachias Mon Nov 22, 2010 6:07 pm

Crystal sighed, looking around. Some commotion was going on by the item store, so she headed on over without waiting for the others. Pure Mana Extract was on a list of things that they were auctioning off, and the price for it was 3000 gold coins. Well, if she offered the same price, they might let her have it.

"Hey!" She called, "Full price! 3000 Gold!" Crystal then glared over at the man who had offered a low price. It wasn't that she didn't know how to haggle, she did, it was just that she respected the original pricing of an object. It was against the laws of demons to make a price higher or lower than it should be. It would be a disgrace to the maker/owner. Crystal knew she didn't look very threatening at just over 5 feet, so she decided to remove the magic cloaking her claymore. Anyone who dared to pick a price over hers would be dead in less than a second.
Zerifachias
Zerifachias
Totes-Mcgoats
Totes-Mcgoats

Back to top Go down

Post by Durn Mon Nov 22, 2010 6:11 pm

The man smirked as the girl began to bid against him, and as her claymore became viewable by all, his smirk broke out into a full blow smile. His face was rather disgusting, actually. He was a plump, short man standing at only four foot seven inches, and he was dressed in a full tuxedo. Monocle and matching mustache and all.

Heh heh heehhh, she's just BLUFFING!

"3100 GOLD!" He shouted, raising his hand frantically toward the auctioneer.
Durn
Durn
Hermit Sage
Hermit Sage

Back to top Go down

Post by Zerifachias Mon Nov 22, 2010 6:17 pm

And just like that, the man had continued to big higher. Crystal's eyes flared dangerously as a black mana began to leak out of her hand. In an instant, she was in front of the man. He was shorter than her, but that didn't matter, because her eyes were tinted red now. "Bluffing?" Crystal murmured dangerously. "I don't think so, little man. True demons like me do not bluff. You want that item? Fine, you can have it." Crystal now got into the man's ugly face, "For a few seconds before I wrench it from your cold. Dead. Hands." Crystal grinned, showing off rows of pointed teeth.

"My bid remains at 3000," Crystal said, tilting her head slightly to the side. Her voice was still low and murderous.
Zerifachias
Zerifachias
Totes-Mcgoats
Totes-Mcgoats

Back to top Go down

Post by Durn Mon Nov 22, 2010 6:20 pm

"I..." The man cringed at the sight of the demonic girl, clearly taken aback by her abrasive, horrifying actions, "I WITHDRAW MY BID!" The man shouted as he burst into tears and screamed, waddling out of the store as fast as he could.

Little did he know, there were a couple steps right outside of the doorway that he needed to walk down before he reached level ground. And, of course, he tripped right down them and landed right on his face.

He scurried back up onto his feet and ran as far as he could through the crowds, away from Crystal.
Durn
Durn
Hermit Sage
Hermit Sage

Back to top Go down

Post by Sponsored content

Sponsored content

Back to top Go down

Page 17 of 21 Previous  1 ... 10 ... 16, 17, 18, 19, 20, 21  Next