Eternal Dream
Would you like to react to this message? Create an account in a few clicks or log in to continue.

Tales of Alidaire: The Chase

2 posters

Page 19 of 30 Previous  1 ... 11 ... 18, 19, 20 ... 24 ... 30  Next

Go down

Tales of Alidaire: The Chase - Page 19 Empty Re: Tales of Alidaire: The Chase

Post by Masquerade Sun Apr 29, 2012 6:20 pm

With all said and done, the party was free to lower their guard. Riori seemed especially pleased with the way things turned out: she wasn't dead, her materials were in tact, and her cart was alive and well. The young girl walked up to Vincent and prodded him in the arm. He was carrying a book that seemed to be housing the boy she wanted to thank. "Hey, Mister Scary Dark Badass Dude Guy. Can you let the kid out of the book? 'Kay, thanks," she practically demanded even though she put it in the form of a question. She could feel Vincent's intense gaze upon her, and even still she did not waver. She merely placed her hands on her hips and tapped her foot against the ground impatiently.

Vincent's grip on his scythe tightened, but the book began to shake violently. It opened quickly allowing the green whirlwind to whisk the necromancer away, trapping him within its pages. A moment later, another wind emerged. Henry appeared and took hold of the book, a nervous look upon his face. "Oh, that temper of his scares me sometimes," he explained, tucking the book away and offering a slight laugh, eyes closed. However, the moment he closed his eyes, he gasped. Someone had rushed into him and wrapped their arms around him. Upon opening them, he realized it was Riori. He blushed as she buried her face in his chest.

"Thank you, thank you, thank you!!!" she shouted. Even though her voice was muffled, Henry was able to hear her clearly enough to get the gist of what she said. She raised her head so he could more easily comprehend. "I don't know how you did it, but you brought my cart back to life!" she exclaimed, mentioning the cart as if it were a living thing. A few tears were flowing from her eyes and she took a moment to wipe them away before embracing Henry again. "I'm so...so happy..."

Using her fingers, Macha rubbed her temples. The battle had been a rather interesting one. She was still curious about the presence of the demon's, but she figured Henry needed rescuing. Approaching the duo, Macha placed a hand on Riori's shoulder. "Come now, girl. Give the boy some room to breath. You're going to give him a heart attack," she reprimanded lightheartedly. It was more of a joke than anything, but she really did want to bring some relief to poor Henry.

Riori did as Macha said and bowed her head to the others. "I owe you all my thanks. Without you, I'd be a goner," she said, a hot blush still upon her young face. She shook away her intense emotions though as curiosity consumed her mind. "What the hell are you guys doing out here anyway? It's not exactly a tourist destination," she inquired with a laugh.
Masquerade
Masquerade
Eternal Dreamer
Eternal Dreamer

https://eternaldream.forummotion.com

Back to top Go down

Post by Zerifachias Sun Apr 29, 2012 6:43 pm

Great, another loud person, Auza thought to herself, her expression unreadable as usual. She took a step closer to the strange woman, listening to her curiosity. Since Auza was technically the leader of their little group, she spoke up. "We didn't come here as tourists," she said calmly, "We were actually looking for you, because you have something that we need.

"There is a battle axe that needs to be broken down into raw materials. Does the name Russel mean anything to you? We retrieved the axe he forged for his brother, who is now rotting in his manor of thieves, and as a reward he wants to give us the aerolite that was used to make the axe. In order to do that, we need to retrieve a certain chemical. A chemical that you might have."
Zerifachias
Zerifachias
Totes-Mcgoats
Totes-Mcgoats

Back to top Go down

Post by Masquerade Sun Apr 29, 2012 7:26 pm

"So Brygan finally got what was coming to him? Shweeeet~ I feel a bit bad for Russel, but that scumbag really needed to die," she spat in disgust, obviously rather pleased with hearing the news. "So ol' Russ wants to reward you with aerolite? That stuff is invaluable. Master Elusia told me that if I ever found any that I should hold onto it and never let it go," she explained before turning around and heading for her cart. She bent down behind it and the sound of her rummaging through various things filled the air. "Aha!" Riori eventually exclaimed, returning to the group. Quickly, she took Auza's hand and placed a short blue marble jar in the palm, a layer of wax paper placed over the top and kept in place with a rubber band. "Be extra careful with that. If you get any on you, well, say goodbye to whatever part it touches," she warned, adding on a nervous laugh.

Klein approached and took a glance at the jar. "Dangerous stuff? Well, that's what we need for such a heavy duty job!" the swordsman exclaimed happily. To think that such a valuable material was soon to be in their possession was rather exciting.

Eyes focused on the still breathless and speechless Henry, Macha took note of her disciple's mood. "Try to settle down, student. She did just warn us and all about how good this chemical is at doing what it does," she scolded swiftly. It seemed she really was going to have her work cut out for her. She wasn't used to being stern, so she had to think back to the time when she was an apprentice. Memories of her own master flooded back, and she felt a wave of nostalgia wash over her....

Riori gave them all a quirky smile. "Thanks again, you guys. You know, I'm a traveling synthesist. I not only do syntheses though, but I also sell materials that I happen to collect. I don't have many on hand now, but if we run into each other again, I'd be happy to do business with you~" the girl chimed before bowing her head again.

The Party receives Dissolving Chemical!

~ R I O R I ' S ~ S H O P ~

Along your travels you will most certainly run into the ever traveling Riori and her cart full of materials. If you do run into her, she'll be able to perform minor syntheses for you along with sell you materials that you've already collected in the past. Keep in mind that if you haven't encountered the material, you won't be able to find it in her shop. Her stock is also randomized, so if you don't like what she has, try finding her a bit later on in hopes of finding some better items in her possession.

~ H U N T ~ F O R ~ E L U S I A ~

Riori's teacher is a master synthesist and alchemist by the name of Elusia. This legendary woman makes her home somewhere in Berbatu, but the whereabouts are unknown to all, even to her own student. Some materials can't be used by Riori or other town synthesist. You will need to find Elusia in order to gain access to the most powerful synthesis items available. Whenever you cross rare materials or have a chance to get them, take it. Save them all up and Elusia might just be able to make you something fantastic. You just have to find her first~

Riori gazed up into the sky in content before returning her gaze to Auza. "Is that everything you needed? I should probably get a move on if it is," she explained with a grin.
Masquerade
Masquerade
Eternal Dreamer
Eternal Dreamer

Back to top Go down

Post by Zerifachias Sun Apr 29, 2012 7:52 pm

Auza looked down at the small bottle of the so-called 'dangerous' chemical. Did it have a name? Well, Riori didn't tell them if it did or not, and Auza honestly didn't care either. She shifted the jar from her right to her left hand and snapped her fingers. Two glyphs appeared, one at the bottom of the jar, the other at the top. With another snap of Auza's fingers, the glyphs converged on the jar and they all disappeared from sight. A special trick Auza learned a while ago to store valuables. Never once has any thief been able to steal from her after she learned this magic.

"Thank you for the chemical," Auza spoke deliberately, tipping her head forward rather than bowing. "This is all that we've come for, so until we meet again." Auza looked back at the others, "We should be getting back to the city, before it gets dark."
Zerifachias
Zerifachias
Totes-Mcgoats
Totes-Mcgoats

Back to top Go down

Post by Masquerade Sun Apr 29, 2012 8:23 pm

It was true that the group had best go, so with everyone in agreement, they departed leaving Riori to gather her things and continue her travels. The walk back to the large capital city was just as peaceful as the walk to the river. They just assumed it was best not to ask questions and enjoy the break. Evening had settled over the city and the surrounding landscape by the time the group returned. The guards bid them welcome as they entered and made their way off towards the inn to enjoy some well-deserved food and sleep. Though there was still the issue about the chemical and the axe that Russel was to break down for them.

"Would you like me to take the chemical to Russel, dearest Auza?" Macha stopped once they were in front of the inn. "Seeing as how you sent him after me with the axe, I have a feeling you find him rather distasteful." She smiled cheekily as she waited for the woman's response. "Go on in, boys. Get some food," she said to the others, waving them inside. She watched as their weary forms marched through the door. It was pretty warm out, and it would probably feel a bit cooler in the building. The open windows were positioned just right to catch the breeze and allow it to circulate within.
Masquerade
Masquerade
Eternal Dreamer
Eternal Dreamer

Back to top Go down

Post by Zerifachias Sun Apr 29, 2012 9:20 pm

Auza paused for a moment, considering Macha's question. She didn't quite like this Russel person, so perhaps it would be best to let Macha handle the rest. "If you so desire, then here," Auza twirled her hand so that her palm was upright and the small jar of the special chemical materialized. Auza handed it to Macha and took a step back. "The rest of this little side trip is in your hands, Macha. Thank you for taking care of it."

Auza looked to the side, her eyes wandering until they found the slowly setting sun. There wasn't anything quite like sunset. The one thing that remained the same from Auza's travels through Dalmaschior was the sun. It rose, and it set, a perfect balance that never fluctuated. Even when the skies blocked it from view, the sun never stopped it's path through the sky. Memories began to rise, but Auza quickly switched back to Macha to prevent such a thing.

"I have something that I need to do. Don't expect me to be back for awhile," Auza said, nodding her head once and turning back to the path. The sun wasn't crossing the horizon just yet, but it was getting there. Auza wanted to be alone to see it.

As she walked around the city, she found one of the taller buildings with red clay steps leading up the sides. Auza assumed it would be fine for her to climb to the roof using these, so she did. And the view of the sun was decent enough. A quick look around the roof told Auza that there was no one else around, within eyesight or earshot, so she took a seat on the edge of the roof, allowing her short legs to dangle off the side. She didn't much care about dirtying her dress, it was already dirty anyway.

"Veijn, you have not seen the sunset from Berbatu, have you?" Auza murmured, her eyes trained on the sun, which was just beginning to set. "Just so you know, it doesn't even compare to the one in Dalmaschior." Veijn was the name of Auza's companion back in Dalmaschior. He was a quiet man, a little older than Auza. How long has it been since she last saw him? A year? Two? She couldn't remember the exact time of his passing. The only thing she remembered of him was his face, white and angled like an upside-down triangle with curved edges. A crooked nose that was the reward for brawling as a kid. Crisp brown hair and hazel eyes that always seemed to pass right through her.

"Though I say that," Auza sighed, "There is something about Berbatu's sunset that seems...comforting." On any ordinary circumstance, Auza would never speak aloud to herself. It wasn't something she particularly liked to do, but this was a special occasion, for she wasn't exactly talking to herself. She didn't feel regret, nor sadness. She did not feel lonely. What Auza felt was anger. At herself, for allowing Veijn to die. At Veijn, for being too hard-headed to protect himself when the situation was dire. And at the demons, who took Veijn's life.

"An eternity of torture," Auza murmured, "that is what awaits the demons who dare confront me."
Zerifachias
Zerifachias
Totes-Mcgoats
Totes-Mcgoats

Back to top Go down

Post by Masquerade Sun Apr 29, 2012 9:53 pm

Macha took the jar that housed the dangerous unnamed chemical carefully and listened to Auza's words carefully. "Take your time, dear. I'll keep an eye on the boys. I know you probably get a bit tired from babysitting, hm?" she said and laughed, though she was just teasing. Even though she hadn't been with the group for long, each and every one of them had found a place in her heart, especially Auza whom she respected greatly. She was always one to keep her wits about her. There was a certain trust she could derive from that in battle, not to mention in general, even though they didn't know much about each other. Since they had met, it had been nothing but taking down thief lords, fighting, and rescuing loli synthesists. "I'm sure there'll be time to learn," Macha purred to herself as she watched Auza take off before turning around. "For now, we'll let sleeping dogs lie." That said, she walked off coolly down the street, making her way to the weapon shop where Russel would be waiting.

When she reached the building, the sign on the door read: 'CLOSED.' A sigh escaped pursed lips as she tried the door handle to find that it was unlocked. That was a relief. Stepping beyond the threshold, she was blasted by warmth. The door to the room where Russel must do his forging was open and a blast of heat was coming out of it. He must have been working on some new weapons or armor to put in his shop. Closing the door behind her, she made her way to the counter. "Anyone order some super dangerous dissolving chemical?!" she shouted. She laughed as she heard nervous coughing coming from the forge room. Russel emerged, his face covered in sweat and ash. He grabbed a handkerchief from his apron pocket and dabbed his forehead with it to try and fruitlessly make himself presentable.

"Lady Macha, it's great to see you again," he bellowed jovially. He noted the small jar on his counter. Picking it up gingerly, he undid the rubber band and removed the wax paper. "Oh man, this is definitely it. You found Riori all right?"

"It was rather easy. She was screaming because she was under attack by demons," Macha spoke casually, a sly grin on her face.

"Oh, that girl always gets into trouble. It's a good thing Elusia taught her to defend herself."

"Speaking of this Elusia, do you know where we might find her?"

"Gah, sorry, but no one knows where the woman is holed up at right now. I wanted to talk to her about some new rare materials, but I don't have a clue where she is. Even Riori doesn't know, which I guess you know," Russel explained, his eyes portraying true frustration about the Elusia situation. "I'll do you a favor and keep an ear out. If I hear anything about her location, I'll let you know. Here, let me get you what you came for," he said, taking the dissolving chemical into the forge room.

The Party loses Dissolving Chemical!

Macha waited patiently thinking about the rather elusive Elusia. Her behavior seemed rather typical for some legendary at their trade. She had even went as far as taking her blade to Russel's throat when he threatened to scream out her name. "Well, at least that's one thing we have in common. Should make talking to her easy enough when the time comes," Macha chimed as she drummed her fingers against the counter. It took around ten minutes or so, but when the time was up, Russel emerged from the forge room again looking rather victorious.

"The dissolution was a success," Russel informed her, holding his hands out so Macha could see the results. In his burly hands rested a small, milky white, opaque crystal. Swirling about it was a slight wind.

The blademaster reached out to touch it and pulled her hand back. It was an odd feeling, almost like sticking one's hand into a twister, though not that severe. Taking a deep breath, she grabbed the crystal quickly and pocketed it.

The Party receives Aerolite!

"I definitely appreciate it, Russel," she said, bowing her head to the blacksmith gratefully.

"Don't worry about it! It's my pleasure. I just hope Brygan's thinking about what he's done wherever he wound up. He's a strong soul; I wouldn't be surprised if he fought against becoming mana again."

Macha refrained from making a comment about him being in Hell instead. "Very well. Until our paths cross again," she said solemnly, taking her leave. She walked along the streets, staring up at the sky. It was tinted with gold and orange, but a dark violet wave was sweeping along it, threatening to turn the day into night. She wondered if Auza had made it back, and what the boys were up to on their own at the inn...

"YEEEESSSS!!! I needed that!" Klein exclaimed up in the room he and Henry were sharing at the inn. He wore nothing but a towel, standing before a mirror as he messed around with his hair. Henry was sitting on the bed he was to be sleeping in, writing something down on some spare parchment. He had already bathed, for Klein had let him go first. "You sure are quiet, kid! What's up??" he said to Henry, turning around and giving him a large grin.

Henry finished the sentence he was on before looking up. "How old are you Mister Klein?" he asked randomly, ignoring Klein's comment about what happened to be up.

"Too young to be called 'Mister'!" he retorted jovially, laughing at his own joke. It took him a minute to calm down and answer seriously. "I'm actually 17. What about you kid?"

"I would think too old to be called 'kid'," Henry replied with a small, polite laugh of his own. "I'm 16. Only a year younger than you are, Mister Klein. Hee hee." He seemed to find some kind of humorous pleasure from the fact.

"You seem a whole lot younger than that," Klein remarked, heading back into the bathroom so he could dry his hair some more and get dressed. When he re-emerged, he noticed that Henry had gone back to writing. "So whatcha writin' over there? I know you do a lot of that kind of thing in battle."

"I'm actually chronicling our journey together." Henry was more than pleased to respond, for it was something he took pride in. They weren't exactly some famous group that the bards would sing about to keep their memory alive, but at least they'd have Henry's book about their adventure after all was said and done. "I don't know when it ends, but I hope it doesn't end soon. I really enjoy traveling with you and Miss Auza and Miss Macha of course."

Klein blushed a bit and laughed nervously. "Don't say things like that, kid," he reprimanded jokingly.

"A little sentiment never hurt anyone, Mister Klein," Henry quipped in response evoking some laughter from Klein. He joined the laughter himself, though he didn't think it was too funny. In his heart, he thought it to be the truth.
Masquerade
Masquerade
Eternal Dreamer
Eternal Dreamer

Back to top Go down

Post by Zerifachias Sun Apr 29, 2012 10:18 pm

The sun had set by this point, and Auza was already making the move to get up and go. It wouldn't be a good idea to stay in this spot. Besides, she needed rest just as much as the next person. Veijn could wait, Auza's exhaustion couldn't.

Auza stepped down to ground level and made her way over to the inn. As she walked, her thoughts slowly transitioned from her memories to what was going to come the next day. Auza didn't plan on staying another day in the city, so they would move out as soon as they woke. There was something about being on the road that Auza liked. She wasn't the type to stick to one place and plant her roots. No, those kinds of people bored her, which was probably one of the reasons why she hated cities.

She didn't find Macha walking back to the inn, she must have gotten inside before her, so Auza thought nothing of it and entered, heading up to one of the rooms they borrowed for the night. She could hear the excited noises that belonged to Klein and Henry, so she quickly shut the door behind her, in hopes to drown out the sound.

Auza walked into the bathroom and, seeing no one there, quickly set up the water and disrobed, intending to get rid of the grime and dirt of the road, as well as enjoy some heated water. Ducking her head, she managed to get her entire mane of hair under the water. Leaving her hair as long as it was had it's advantages, but also disadvantages. For instance, it was good at keeping her warm, but was a pain in the ass to clean when the chance to clean arose.

The aerolite. Auza began to wonder what it looked like. She would find out eventually, Macha was certain to bring it back. Perhaps it had something to do with the element of wind? Hence the 'aero' part of the material's name. Auza couldn't recall what the 'lite' signified though.
Zerifachias
Zerifachias
Totes-Mcgoats
Totes-Mcgoats

Back to top Go down

Post by Masquerade Mon Apr 30, 2012 7:41 am

The blademaster had taken her own time getting back to the inn. By the time she entered the lobby, it was already dark outside. She bid a small greeting to the receptionist before heading up to the room she was to be sharing with Auza. The bathroom seemed to be occupied, so she figured Auza was utilizing it. "Hey, Auza. I'm back," she called out just loudly enough for Auza to hear. Yelling wasn't a good idea since there were surely other people at the inn trying to get some rest of their own. She walked over to a comfy-looking chair opposite the beds and sat down in it, removing the aerolite from her pocket. She gasped as she touched the material.

"Phew, I wonder if I'll ever get used to that," she uttered to herself quietly as she fiddled around with it in her hands. She could definitely tell that there was great power locked away inside. It was no wonder it was considered to be so valuable, not to mention its rarity. Still fiddling with the thing, she awaited for Auza to emerge all nice and clean.

Klein finally collapsed on his bed, exhausted. The thoughts of today's events surged through his mind and he frowned. "Henry? Do you think I'm strong?" he questioned vainly, a bit embarrassed to ask.

"Of course you are, Mister Klein. I'm always amazed at your skill in battle," Henry replied honestly as he continued to write away on his parchment. He had also made it up to the point of today's events, and he wrote down as much as he could remember, for there were times when he was locked away in the book to allow Vincent a chance at dealing some damage. "If you're worried about the demons, don't be. Remember, they had great magic on their side--"

"I know," Klein interjected, "but Teacher dealt with them so quickly, it was insane. I just....I want to be as powerful as she is!" he exclaimed, his eyes gazing upon the ceiling as he punched the air with one of his fists.

"There are a lot of things you haven't taken into consideration, Mister Klein," Henry replied with a giggle. "Just follow her instructions and you'll be a legendary blademaster one day too." He nodded reassuringly before putting the finishing touches on his document.
Masquerade
Masquerade
Eternal Dreamer
Eternal Dreamer

Back to top Go down

Post by Zerifachias Mon Apr 30, 2012 9:01 am

Macha was back, it seemed. Auza didn't say anything back, she didn't want to raise her voice, she rarely did. But she should get out to let Macha in, plus Auza wanted to see the aerolite for herself. So she got out and dried herself off, making sure to get all of her hair at least somewhat dry before dressing. Looking at herself in the mirror, Auza frowned. Her hair was getting to the point where it would have to be cut, unless she wanted to start tripping over it. Or...

Auza began twirling her hair together in two thick strands, intending to tie her hair together so that it would only bounce against her back rather than shift all over her legs. It took a little while, but Auza managed to work it into a braid and let it hang. She didn't realize how heavy her hair actually was until she started tying it together. It wasn't an issue, it just surprised her a little.

Auza left the bathroom looking like this and found Macha sitting down with a strange material. "That's the aerolite?" Auza asked rhetorically. There wasn't much else it could be, Auza figured it would be safe to assume that much. "Interesting, perhaps it will be a material that is useful to you, Macha." Auza knew Macha was the type of fighter that used speed and power, similar to the wind element, and this material looked like it held some essence of wind. But they didn't have a way of using it yet.
Zerifachias
Zerifachias
Totes-Mcgoats
Totes-Mcgoats

Back to top Go down

Post by Masquerade Mon Apr 30, 2012 9:28 am

"Perhaps. We'll need one hell of a skilled synthesist to use something like this," Macha mentioned, taking the aerolite and tucking it away for safe keeping. For some reason, it felt strange not to have the feeling in her hand, after she had been holding it for that small while. The lack of the caress of the small breeze surrounding the crystal was heartbreaking almost, and Macha gasped again, placing a hand over her mouth. "Sorry about that. It's definitely an odd material," she said before tilting her head as she scrutinized Auza. "Hey, you changed your hair~" the blademaster chimed, a large silly grin conquering her face. "Got tired of it being in the way all the time, eh?"
Masquerade
Masquerade
Eternal Dreamer
Eternal Dreamer

Back to top Go down

Post by Zerifachias Mon Apr 30, 2012 10:06 am

"This Elusia person might be who we're looking for then," Auza murmured softly, looking away. "We might stumble across her in our travels, so I'm not worried about it." It would have helped if Riori knew where her teacher was, but there was no helping that. Legendary people tend to keep to themselves, it seemed. Macha certainly did.

At Macha's mentioning of her hair, Auza shook her head. "It's getting to the point where I'm going to have to start bundling it up like this. Not worrying about my own hair helps with my concentration for magic, so I had to do this." Auza almost made it sound like she didn't want to mess with her hair like she did. And truthfully, she didn't. Auza wanted to keep her hair as untouched as possible, and that includes cutting it.

Auza sat on her bed, taking her hair and throwing it in front of her. She was sitting low to the ground, so a part of her hair laid down on the floor. Auza didn't care, it was relatively clean anyway.
Zerifachias
Zerifachias
Totes-Mcgoats
Totes-Mcgoats

Back to top Go down

Post by Masquerade Mon Apr 30, 2012 10:23 am

Macha nodded. She found Auza's hair to be quite beautiful with its amazing length. "Well, it's a nice look for you," the blademaster commented before standing up and walking towards her own bed, flopping upon it carelessly. She hadn't got washed up, but she didn't care. Her garments were unfazed by the rain, and it wasn't like they got muddy. In battle, Macha wasn't one to get knocked to the ground so easily. She would just make sure to wake up before everyone else and grab a quick bath. Blinking, she remembered Auza's mention of Elusia.

"In all honesty, she'll be our best bet. Elusia, that is. I tried asking Russel about her location, but it seemed he didn't know either. I guess I won't worry about it either. I think you're right; we'll run into her when we least expect it, to be sure," she said, her eyes closing as she spoke. She was finding it rather difficult to stay awake all of a sudden. Am I really that tired? I guess it has been a rather eventful day, she thought to herself, forcing her eyes open only to have them close again.
Masquerade
Masquerade
Eternal Dreamer
Eternal Dreamer

Back to top Go down

Post by Zerifachias Mon Apr 30, 2012 10:41 am

Auza nodded, acknowledging Macha's compliment. She laid her back down on the bed, getting into a comfortable position. "We should get some sleep," Auza said, "We're leaving as soon as day breaks." There was something about having an actual bed to herself that put Auza off. She didn't quite like it like she used to. It seemed foreign, for most of the time she would sleep in the wilderness with a ward placed around a set area to help deter beasts from getting too close.

But that wasn't needed here, and it seemed strange to Auza. The quicker they left and got back to the normal scheme of things, the better. At least, that's what Auza wanted.
Zerifachias
Zerifachias
Totes-Mcgoats
Totes-Mcgoats

Back to top Go down

Post by Masquerade Mon Apr 30, 2012 11:21 am

Catching the last of Auza's words, Macha let out a quiet affirmation before rolling over on her side to get a bit more comfortable. It didn't take long for slumber to embrace her. It was a peaceful night--one that she slept soundly through. In the wee hours of the morning, definitely still dark out, Macha sleepily opened her eyes and looked about the darkness. She nearly rolled back over to fall asleep again, but she slapped her face a bit to try and snap out of it. Sitting up quickly, she shivered a bit. It was much cooler at night than it was during the day. The blademaster arose from the bed and stumbled towards the bathroom. There was a switch on the wall, so she pressed it, hoping to get some light. Sure enough, a bright flash emitted from above--a crystal infused with light mana. Macha quickly closed the door so that she wouldn't disturb Auza. The bathroom had the same motif as the buildings in the city--red and brown clay. The sink had a granite counter top, and bowl was made of white porcelain. It seemed rather out of place to her. Taking her clothes off slowly, she found it pleasing that she could summon her weapon at will so she didn't have to deal with it. Bending down, Macha turned on the faucet and placed her hand under the running water to check the temperature. She wanted something rather hot to take the chill off of her, though she knew she couldn't escape it forever.

When the water was just right, she plugged the drain and let the tub fill. She held her arms around her naked body, still shivering a bit. The tub eventually filled and she cut the water off, quickly slipping into the tub and submerging herself. A loud sigh of utmost content escaped her lips, a smile gracing her face. "Mmm, now this feels nice," she murmured in ecstasy. She just felt like lying in the hot water for a while. Out of the corner of her eye, she caught the bar of soap and some courtesy shampoo. She wasn't entirely dirty, but it was always nice to smell...feminine. In the back of her mind, she wondered when the others would awaken. Dawn would reach them soon enough. She knew Auza would get up easily; she appeared anxious to get a move on.

"That really just leaves the boys," she said to herself, eyes still closed in joy.

As Macha bathed, Henry found his way downstairs. The fireplace was lit and there was no one in the lobby except the receptionist behind the desk. Henry bowed his head to the woman, and she returned the gesture with a sleepy grin which caused the boy to laugh a bit. He made his way to the couch next to the fireplace and took a seat. The receptionist went into a room behind the counter and came back with a steaming cup of tea, offering it to Henry who took it graciously.

What the hell are you doing up so early? Vincent growled inside the young boy's head. In his odd book dimension, sleep was something he didn't need especially, but he still took pleasure in it whenever he found the time to do so. Henry had grabbed the book off the nightstand when he went downstairs, the activity awakening Vincent rather easily.

"I'm always an early riser, you know that," Henry said, sipping his tea a bit before placing it on a wooden coffee table in front of the couch.

Vincent was silent for a few moments before sighing. Yes, that is a rather valid point. How careless of me to forget, he replied melodramatically, his tone slovenly and thick. You didn't wake up the annoying one?

"You mean Mister Klein? No, I figured I would let him get some more rest. He seemed rather troubled last night, though I think we goofed off enough to take his mind off of it."

You forget: I was there. Unfortunately, Vincent groaned. With that, he said nothing more, allowing Henry to continue sipping his tea, enjoying its warmth along with the warmth from the fire.
Masquerade
Masquerade
Eternal Dreamer
Eternal Dreamer

Back to top Go down

Post by Zerifachias Mon Apr 30, 2012 3:00 pm

It didn't take much for Auza to wake. Macha's moving around already did that for her, but Auza didn't mind it. She got enough rest for now, so she slipped her bare feet into her heels and stood up, brushing her hair back behind her. She grabbed her pouch with her beads and hooked them to her dress at the waist. The pouch used very little magic to remain stuck to her side, and wasn't easy for thieves to steal either.

Silently, Auza left the room, leaving Macha to enjoy her bath. Her legs eventually brought her to the lobby, where Henry was sitting, enjoying a cup of tea. The boy seemed to be fine with waking up early, but Auza figured he would sleep in just a little longer since he had a real bed to sleep in this time. It didn't matter, Auza walked quietly over to him and sat in a wooden chair nearby.

"A good morning to you, Henry," Auza greeted kindly, nodding once at him before turning her head to look at the fire. An ambient glow of orange came from it and warmed her cold skin. Auza didn't mind the cold, her skin was naturally colder than the air outside, but warmth was not a bad thing either.

"I was thinking of your brother," Auza started, not looking away from the fire. "And of the means to permanently release him from that book. My magic could do it, of that I'm certain. But not at the moment, nor in the foreseeable future." Auza frowned, her eyes shifting to focus on Henry. "I will continue to research it, if he desires freedom. If not, I will pay it no more thought." A little incentive for Auza to keep thinking about this magic was needed. Not just because Auza needed to be sure that Vincent wanted freedom, but if he was willing to behave. Vincent was a wild card for the group. While Henry kept him in check, Auza wanted to be sure that he would behave.
Zerifachias
Zerifachias
Totes-Mcgoats
Totes-Mcgoats

Back to top Go down

Post by Masquerade Mon Apr 30, 2012 3:25 pm

Words were about to spew from Henry's mouth, a worried look upon his face, but he stopped himself. Holding the book away from him, he looked around frantically before eventually sighing. "Well, the thing is that I know he desires freedom, but the only way for the seal to be undone is by the Elder of our village, Menyaran," he explained solemnly. "I know your powers are great, Miss Auza, but the Elder's magic has got to be at least a hundredfold more powerful. It's just that he has had many, many years of experience, is all." Allowing a nervous grin to overtake his face, he held the book down on his lap.

Tell her to research anyway! That old coot isn't going to let me out of here, and I've grown pretty sick and tired of being locked in this place, Vincent snapped furiously. He didn't care how vain the effort would be. If there was even a chance that Auza might discover something, he wanted to take it. And there was no way to tell. He could hear Henry thinking at him about the Elder's power and blah blah blah--stuff he had just told Auza. I don't give a damn. You heard me.

Henry shook his head. "Sorry about the spacing out there, Miss Auza. Vincent was telling me to tell you that he wants you to look into it anyway. It would be more beneficial to have him always around for battle instead of having to switch back and forth constantly. I know he'd appreciate it if you tried. If you do decide to go through with it, I'll be cheering you on. I have faith in your prowess, Miss Auza. Perhaps you might be able to overcome the seal after all."

Macha had already lathered herself up and rinsed herself off, taking care to wash her hair as well. She let the water flow down the drain as she stood up and got out of the tub, taking a clean towel that was hanging on a wooden rack on the wall. The other towel must have been the one Auza used last night. The blademaster dried herself off quickly and put her clothes back on. Opening the bathroom door, she gazed around and noticed that Auza wasn't there anymore. She must have awoken already. Macha slipped her clothes back on and fixed her hair which really didn't take too much effort. Gathering her small amount of belongings, she made sure to tidy up the room a bit before entering the hall...

...where she ran smack dab into a sleepy Klein.

"Wait...huh?" the swordsman groaned, rubbing some sleep out of his eyes. He looked like he was ready to go except for the fact that he was very reminiscent of a zombie.

Macha quickly recovered, taking Klein by the shoulders. "I'm sorry, Klein. Are you all right? Seems I've been running into people a lot lately," she chirped playfully, sticking her tongue out, but by the look on the poor kid's face, nothing had registered. She slapped Klein's cheek a bit. "Look alive, student. You better not be this way when a battle comes to find us," she warned him lightheartedly before heading down the stairs with him sleepily in tow. Eyes scanning the lobby, she quickly pinpointed Henry and Auza who were already awake and quite lively.

"Good morning, you guys. What's going down?" she greeted them with a jovial smile.
Masquerade
Masquerade
Eternal Dreamer
Eternal Dreamer

Back to top Go down

Post by Zerifachias Mon Apr 30, 2012 3:49 pm

"And who's to say I will not become more powerful as my magic matures?" Auza raised her eyebrows slightly. She shook her head, "I would like to speak with Menyaren, if we ever reach that village of yours. If he says that the magic cannot be broken by any other than himself, I would like to hear a better reason than experience." Auza paused for a moment, closing her eyes to think for a second. "I will continue to research, regardless." Auza stopped just as Macha appeared, looking clean with a Klein dragging behind her.

"We were just discussing the magic that traps Vincent in that little book there," Auza explained shortly, standing up. "But since everyone is up, we should go." Auza avoided using the word 'awake' because Klein looked anything but that. Auza wouldn't accept excuses or requests of waiting a little longer. The only way to wake a sleeping person was to activate them. A long walk out of the city could do that easily.
Zerifachias
Zerifachias
Totes-Mcgoats
Totes-Mcgoats

Back to top Go down

Post by Masquerade Mon Apr 30, 2012 4:51 pm

"I didn't phrase that very well, did I?" Henry asked to no one in particular as the rest set out. He stood up and brushed himself off, returning the cup of tea to the counter with hardly anything left in it. Bowing his head to the receptionist, he followed after the others. "The village's name is Menyaran, not the Elder's," he whispered to himself again with a small, inaudible laugh.

That's what you get for being stupid with your word placement, fool, Vincent said coolly in his mind. It gets people all confused. Guess it'll be cleared up in due time. Let's just go. His voice sounded no more and there was not but Henry's own thoughts flowing through his mind.

The group continued through the streets and took the eastern exit that would take them to the grand bridge, Jemba Hara as long as they continued in a southeastern direction from that exit. Jemba Hara was an immensely large bridge that connected the two parts of the continent together, for a giant fissure had rent the Tengah portion from the mainland. The fissure came to be called Jurang Celah, and the waters below were rumored to be filled with mythic water creatures, though that had never been proven to be truth. Keeping their path set across the eastern river lands, the group seemed to be in the clear when it came to trouble...or were they?

"Anyone else here that?" Klein said suddenly, stopping in his tracks. He had been quite out of it for a while of their walking, but eventually woke himself up. Senses sharp, he thought he heard a weird rattling noise coming from nearby.

In a flash of pink and cherry blossoms, Macha conjured her blade. "Oh my. I wasn't expecting to be on the breakfast menu," she said slyly as she pointed at the distance. Two large fins were jetting out of the ground which immediately set to quaking. The fins were revealed to belong to two rather large winged beasts, brown in color. They were rather reminiscent of wyverns, but their bodies seemed to be composed of rock and ore rather than scales. Their solid wings did not flap, yet they still managed to stay in the air. Their eyes were definitely reptilian, yellow in color with slitted black pupils. They opened their mouths to roar revealing long, red tongues and a mouth full of sharp fangs. Of course, they weren't the group's only problem.

"Oh, I figured out where the rattling is coming from," Henry said cheerily, not the least bit worried. Surrounding the group and drawing nearer were quite a few rattlesnakes, forked tongues constantly darting out of their mouths and the rattles on their tails shaking like mad. It was a predicament from which there was no escape.

Chapter 02: To the Settlement

Objective: Defeat all enemies!

Background: ~Dire Circumstance~

{ } { } { } { } { } { } { } { } {r} A
{ } { } {w} {W} { } {K} { } { } { } B
{ } {w} {w} { } { } { } {r} { } { } C
{ } {w} {F} { } { } { } {X} { } {r} D
{ } {w} { } { } {M} { } { } {r} { } E
{ } {w} { } { } {H} { } { } {b} {b} F
{w} {w} { } { } { } {K} { } { } { } G
{w} {w} {S} { } { } { } { } { } {w} H
{ } { } { } { } { } { } { } {w} { } I
{r} {b} { } { } { } {D} { } {w} { } J
-1---2---3---4---5---6---7---8---9

Klein (Arcane Knight) *ENHANCE GLYPH* *REDUCE GLYPH*
HP: 80/80
MP: 50/50
Atk: 20
Def: 13
Int: 15
Spr: 12
Move: 3 cells

Henry (Storyteller)
HP: 45/45
MP: 80/80
Atk: 3
Def: 17
Int: 23
Spr: 16

Vincent (Necromancer) *BOOK*
Spoiler:

Macha (Blademaster) *CHR +20%* *EVADE +25%*
MP: 65/65
Atk: 22
Def: 15
Int: 7
Spr: 15
Move: 6 cells

Wern (Terra Glider) *FLYING*
HP: 230/230
MP: 115/115
Atk: 16
Def: 11
Int: 6
Spr: 10
Move: 4 cells

Kyra (Terra Glider) *FLYING*

Fang (Rattler)
HP: 170/170
MP: 155/155
Atk: 19
Def: 12
Int: 5
Spr: 13

Senora (Rattler)

Diels (Rattler)

Xico (Rattler)

{w} - Water (cannot be occupied)

{r} - Rock (cannot be occupied)

{b} - Bush (cannot be occupied)

Players may start in rows E-F, columns 4-6!

Last edited by Masquerade on Wed May 02, 2012 4:28 pm; edited 2 times in total
Masquerade
Masquerade
Eternal Dreamer
Eternal Dreamer

Back to top Go down

Post by Zerifachias Tue May 01, 2012 7:08 pm

It hardly occurred to Auza that there would be beasts other than simple demons that would come to attack them. She nearly forgot that such things existed, and she was grateful for the change. Elemental beasts and reptilians. It was better to be facing such things than demons at the moment, for it would not be a good thing for Auza to unleash her wrath in her current state. Magic tends to go out of control with extreme emotion, at least that's how Auza experienced it.

"Calm focus," Auza spoke, her eyes closed as she raised both her hands up in front of her. "Learn it, Klein. You might find yourself doing extraordinary things with greater ease." A small smirk flashed across her lips before vanishing as quick as it came. "I hope you don't mind if I give your student a word or two, Macha."

Auza starts in G-5
Zerifachias
Zerifachias
Totes-Mcgoats
Totes-Mcgoats

Back to top Go down

Post by Masquerade Tue May 01, 2012 8:44 pm

{ } {w} { } { } {M} { } { } {r} { } E
{w} {w} { } { } {A} {K} { } { } { } G
{ } { } { } { } { } { } { } {w} { } I

Klein (Arcane Knight) *ENHANCE GLYPH* *REDUCE GLYPH*
MP: 50/50
Atk: 20

Henry (Storyteller)
HP: 45/45
MP: 80/80

Spoiler:

Macha (Blademaster) *CHR +20%* *EVADE +25%*
MP: 65/65
Atk: 22

Auza (Seal Witch) *EVADE +10%*
HP: 55/55
MP: 100/100
Int: 19
Move: 2 cells

Fang (Rattler)

Senora (Rattler)

Diels (Rattler)

Xico (Rattler)

Player Phase 1!

Macha moves to E3.

The blademaster waved a hand dismissively before rushing the nearest rattlesnake. "No, no. Be my guest. My student has plenty of room for refinement. He needs all the help he can get," she teased before closing her eyes. "See, student? Like this. Even though you're surrounded, you have to keep your cool. Focus...." her voice trailed off. Macha remained calm and silent for a few more moments before her eyes shot open. Her blade had already left to gashes in the reptile on the ground before her, her weapon retracted but for a moment before she launched another slash upon the scaly creature in the shape of a crescent. "I know you like to yell and such, but I do believe I already warned you about that," she added quickly, yet still lighthearted in tone as she grounded herself, making her stance more firm and keeping her reflexes sharp.

Macha uses Focus! [ATK +10%][CHR +10%]
---Macha links a basic attack on Fang! 2 hits! 24 Dmg per hit! (ATK) [Chance of Mesmerize]
---Macha links Crescent Slash! 31 Dmg! (ATK) [Chance of Bleeding]

MP: 45/65

Klein uses Trigger Command: Focus! [ATK +10%][CHR +10%]

A groan escaped Klein's mouth, but he quickly put a hand over it. There was no use in complaining. He was supposed to be Macha's student and even Auza was giving him advice. Though a rather rough and tumble individual, he didn't want to seem ungrateful. Klein closed his eyes, even though he felt nervous. The presence of the monsters bore down on him like an unseen force. They want focus...FINE! LET'S GO!!! The exclamation resounded through his mind before nothing flowed through it. He had to resist the urge to break his concentration as so many things became clear to him that he had never experienced before. He opened his eyes and took a deep breath, a confident grin on his face.

Klein moves to I6.

Klein uses Trick Blade on Diels! 3 hits! 26 Dmg per hit! (ATK)

MP: 40/50

Klein approached his target rattlesnake and sliced it adeptly twice with his sword before switching hands for an even quicker, more precise slice, though his hits weren't landing where they were meant to land. Did I not focus enough?! he thought in despair, a grimace forming on his face. He refused to lose his cool now that he was trying to learn. Taking another deep breath, he braced himself for a counterattack from the snake.

Henry casts Peaceful Resolution! [Duration of positive status bestowed x2]

MP: 68/80

Henry casts Facts Come Together on Auza! [Bestows Doublecast]

MP: 60/80

Henry didn't waste any time in producing his parchment and quill which was still cool to the touch--something he had yet to get used to. Scrawling away on the parchment, he started his story with a delightful ending, an oddity to be sure, but it was something he was willing to work with. He felt the power surging through him and directed his written words to Auza in an attempt to clarify her mind and put together the loose scraps of information within like a puzzle. "There you are, Miss Auza. I do believe that should do well for you," he said with a smile before glancing at the rather focused Klein. "My, seems Mister Klein has really taken your words to heart." He giggled loud enough for him to hear, but inside, he was glad Klein was finally taking their advice. It would be good for him in the end.

Henry waits.

Last edited by Masquerade on Tue May 01, 2012 9:40 pm; edited 1 time in total
Masquerade
Masquerade
Eternal Dreamer
Eternal Dreamer

Back to top Go down

Post by Zerifachias Tue May 01, 2012 9:23 pm

His mind is too weak, Auza thought to herself, keeping an eye on Klein. I can hear the disturbances in his mind from here. He's doing much better, but he still needs work. Auza never once broke her focus, her hands slowly weaving up towards Klein and Macha. To both of them, she would bestow an immunity to any ailments that might pose a threat to them. Snapping her fingers to conjure her magic, Auza created two glyphs that circled above Klein and Macha's heads. Two layers of runes surrounded them and slowly circled once before fading, though the barrier of immunity remained.

Auza casts Bonds of Protection on Klein and Macha! Bestows Immunity!

MP: 72/100

Auza looked back briefly at Macha, seeing what she was up to. She didn't seem to disturbed from missing vital areas of the reptilian she attacked. Auza didn't need to look at Klein to know he was disturbed that he also missed the vitals. "Klein, focus on the present. Not the past, not the future."
Zerifachias
Zerifachias
Totes-Mcgoats
Totes-Mcgoats

Back to top Go down

Post by Masquerade Tue May 01, 2012 10:07 pm

Fang takes 43 Dmg!

HP: 127/170

Fang evades Mesmerize!

Fang is Bleeding!

Diels takes 42 Dmg!

HP: 128/170

{ } {w} {M} { } { } { } { } {r} { } E
{w} {w} { } { } {A} { } { } { } { } G
{ } { } { } { } { } {K} { } {w} { } I

Macha's Focus has 4 turns left.

Klein's Focus has 4 turns left.

Henry's Peaceful Resolution has 4 turns left.

Auza's Doublecast has 5 turns left.

Macha's Immunity has 3 turns.

Klein's Immunity has 3 turns.

Enemy Phase.

Wern moves to E4.

Wern attacks Macha! 2 hits! 16 Dmg per hit! (ATK)

Kyra moves to E5.

Kyra attacks Henry! 2 hits! 16 Dmg per hit! (ATK)

Fang uses Bite on Macha! 23 Dmg! (ATK) [Macha evades Poison]

MP: 147/155

Fang waits.

Senora moves to G3.

Senora uses Rattle on Henry! [Henry's forced to attack Senora]

MP: 149/155

Diels attacks Klein! 2 hits! 19 Dmg per hit! (ATK) [Klein evades Poison]

Diels waits.

Xico moves to F6.

Xico attacks Henry! 2 hits! 19 Dmg per hit! (ATK) [Henry evades Poison]

{ } { } {w} { } { } { } { } { } { } B
{ } {w} {F} { } { } { } { } { } {r} D
{ } {w} {M} {W} {K} { } { } {r} { } E
{ } {w} { } { } {H} {X} { } {b} {b} F
{w} {w} {S} { } {A} { } { } { } { } G
{w} {w} { } { } { } { } { } { } {w} H

Fang is Bleeding for 3 turns.

Player Phase 2!

Klein (Arcane Knight) *ENHANCE GLYPH* *REDUCE GLYPH* *CHR +10* *IMMUNITY*
HP: 68/80
MP: 40/50
Atk: 20 --- 22

Henry (Storyteller) *PEACEFUL RESOLUTION* *PROVOKE [Senora]*
HP: 39/45
MP: 60/80

Spoiler:

Macha (Blademaster) *CHR +30%* *EVADE +25%* *IMMUNITY*
HP: 70/80
MP: 45/65
Atk: 22 --- 24

Auza (Seal Witch) *EVADE +10%* *DOUBLECAST*
MP: 72/100

Fang (Rattler) *BLEEDING [20]*
HP: 107/170
MP: 147/155

Senora (Rattler)

Diels (Rattler)
HP: 128/170

Xico (Rattler)

Klein uses Z Variable on Diels! 3 hits! 23 Dmg per hit! [Chance of Immobilize][Chance of Disable][Chance of Silence]

MP: 22/50

Past, present, future?! Klein thought frantically, still trying to keep cool. The snakes fangs had penetrated his skin rather deep, but thanks to Auza's magic, he was able to stay free of the effects of its harsh venom. All that matters is the here and now. What's in the past is in the past. I failed to hit its vitals. It's in the past...in the past. And there's no point trying to predict the future. I'm no prophet, so let's just do this!!!!!!!!!!! Suppressing the mighty roar that resounded through his mind, Klein slashed at the snake's body--what it used for transportation--before aiming a strike at the thing's mouth, pulling back to land a final strike on the neck. He had missed his true marks, for they were slim, but this time he was pleased with the outcome. There was much more at stake than just damage this time.

Klein waits.

Henry uses The Corruption! Hits Wern, Kyra, Fang, Senora, and Xico! 25 Dmg! (INT) [Target DEF and SPR -10%]

MP: 44/80

The rattling noise. What an intriguing sound. Henry turned to face it, ignoring the enemies that were attacking him. There was something about the sound that now started to irritate him severely. It was odd, having his blood boil so. Sheesh, kid. What's got a hold of you? Vincent called out in his mind, but found that there was nothing to reach. Henry only had the demise of the rattler in his thoughts at the moment. Closing his eyes, he began to tell a little bit of a story--one centered around a quest to save the world that a rather unique group of people set about to take. As he spoke, eery waves pulsated slowly through the air, wrapping themselves slovenly about the enemies that were close enough to hear every single word clearly. Their forms drooped slightly before struggling to get back to normal, but to no avail. Henry had worked his magic.

Henry waits.

Macha uses Dire Threat! [Bestows Center of Attention]
---Macha links Blurred Tempest! Macha lands in F4! Hits Wern, Kyra, and Senora! 36 Wind Dmg! (ATK) [Kern] 54 Wind Dmg! CRITICAL!! (ATK) [Kyra] 36 Wind Dmg! (ATK) [Senora]
---Macha links Safeguard! Affects Macha and Henry! [Bestows Protect]

MP: 7/65

Things were not going well at all. It seemed some of the monsters had taken quite a liking to Henry, and stole away his capabilities to heal and bolster with his magic by enraging him with some sort of effect of their own. "Oh my, you're not the only one who can play dirty," she stated simply before shooting an arm out to the side. A domineering aura surrounded her instantly that would hopefully get the attention of the enemies. "And if that doesn't, this should," the blademaster smirked as she lunged past the foes closest to her, a powerful ring of wind surrounding her before she came to a stop amidst a small group of foes and forced the ring outwards while spinning to have it cut into the enemies around her. Stopping with amazing control, Macha placed a hand to her heart and bowed her head, two translucent green barriers rising up from the ground to surround herself and Henry.

Macha waits.

Last edited by Masquerade on Wed May 02, 2012 8:51 am; edited 1 time in total
Masquerade
Masquerade
Eternal Dreamer
Eternal Dreamer

Back to top Go down

Post by Zerifachias Wed May 02, 2012 8:01 am

"Stop," Auza commanded, glaring at two of the earthen fliers. She raised her beads up towards them and glyphs began appearing all around their bodies, the dials on each glyph slowly ticking around like a clock. "You're making too much noise, this is not a party. Calm yourselves or receive a time-out period." With a snap of her fingers, the glyph-clocks stopped entirely, halting movement for all affected by the magic.

Auza casts Glyph of Motion on Kyra and Wern! Inflicts Stop!

MP: 44/100

Though Macha was attracting attention to herself, even she wouldn't be able to handle every attack the beasts made on her. Auza's magic would help trim down the numbers of attacking beasts for the moment, but wouldn't last forever. Those beasts left behind needed to be finished off before her magic wore off, and that was a tall order to fill.
Zerifachias
Zerifachias
Totes-Mcgoats
Totes-Mcgoats

Back to top Go down

Post by Masquerade Wed May 02, 2012 9:08 am

Wern takes 76 Dmg!

HP: 154/230

Wern's DEF and SPR are reduced by 10%!

Wern is Stopped!

Kyra takes 112 Dmg!

HP: 118/230

Kyra's DEF and SPR are reduced by 10%!

Kyra is Stopped!

Fang takes 12 Dmg!

HP: 95/170

Fang's DEF and SPR are reduced by 10%!

Senora takes 36 Dmg!

HP: 134/170

Senora's DEF and SPR are reduced by 10%!

Diels takes 33 Dmg!

Diels is Immobilized!

Diels evades Disable!

Diels is Silenced!

Xico takes 12 Dmg!

HP: 158/170

Xico's DEF and SPR are reduced by 10%!

{ } {w} { } {W} {K} { } { } {r} { } E
{ } {w} { } {M} {H} {X} { } {b} {b} F
{w} {w} {S} { } {A} { } { } { } { } G
{w} {w} { } { } { } { } { } { } {w} H

Macha's Focus has 3 turns left.

Klein's Focus has 3 turns left.

Henry's Peaceful Resolution has 3 turns left.

Auza's Doublecast has 4 turns left.

Macha's Immunity has 2 turns left.

Klein's Immunity has 2 turns left.

Macha's Center of Attention has 3 turns.

Macha's Protect has 3 turns.

Henry's Protect has 3 turns.

Henry is Provoked for 2 more turns.

Enemy Phase.

Wern is Stopped!

Kyra is Stopped!

Fang uses Shed Skin! [Fang is no longer Bleeding]

MP: 139/155

Fang waits.

Senora moves to F3.

Senora attacks Macha! 2 hits! 19 Dmg per hit! (ATK) [Macha evades Poison]

Diels attacks Klein! 2 hits! 19 Dmg per hit! (ATK) [Klein evades Poison]

Diels waits.

Xico moves to H5.

Xico waits.

{ } {w} { } {W} {K} { } { } {r} { } E
{ } {w} {S} {M} {H} { } { } {b} {b} F
{w} {w} { } { } {A} { } { } { } { } G
{w} {w} { } { } {X} { } { } { } {w} H

All DEF and SPR Reductions have 5 turns.

Wern is Stopped for 2 more turns.

Kyra is Stopped for 2 more turns.

Diels is Immobilized for 2 more turns.

Diels is Silenced for 2 more turns.

Player Phase 3!

Klein (Arcane Knight) *ENHANCE GLYPH* *REDUCE GLYPH* *CHR +10* *IMMUNITY*
HP: 56/80
MP: 22/50
Atk: 20 --- 22

Henry (Storyteller) *PEACEFUL RESOLUTION* *PROVOKE [Senora]* *PROTECT*
HP: 39/45
MP: 44/80

Spoiler:

Macha (Blademaster) *CHR +30%* *EVADE +25%* *IMMUNITY* *CENTER OF ATTENTION* *PROTECT*
HP: 66/80
MP: 7/65
Atk: 22 --- 24

Auza (Seal Witch) *EVADE +10%* *DOUBLECAST*
MP: 44/100

Wern (Terra Glider) *FLYING* *STOP*
HP: 154/230
Def: 11 --- 10
Spr: 10 --- 9

Kyra (Terra Glider) *FLYING* *STOP*
HP: 118/230
Def: 11 --- 10
Spr: 10 --- 9

Fang (Rattler)
MP: 139/155
Def: 12 --- 11
Spr: 13 --- 12

Senora (Rattler)
HP: 134/170

Diels (Rattler) *IMMOBILIZE* *SILENCE*

Xico (Rattler)
HP: 158/170

Klein uses Arcana - Rage on himself! [ATK +20%]

MP: 10/50

"Grah, this is getting me no where!" he spoke loudly, though it wasn't quite a yell. He closed his eyes and held a hand out. "I need more power. I'M the one who is in control. I'M the one who can afford to take this moment. My enemy should be the shivering in fear..." A large red glyph appeared beneath Klein as he concentrated, and a blazing inferno of searing red mana charged around him, though it didn't hurt him. If anything, it invigorated him. He grinned as he felt the power surging through his body. Opening his eyes, he took a much more confident stance. This snake would not be getting off so easily with his next move, but then he remember that the thing couldn't move. Hoping to avoid some future pain, Klein leapt back just a bit to gain a tad bit of distance between him and his target.

Klein moves to H6.

Henry attacks Senora! 2 hits! 23 Ice Dmg per hit! (INT)

Placing a halt on his little spoken story, Henry raised his parchment absently. Making sure there was fresh ink upon his quill, he sliced at the parchment a couple of times, the effects of which could be seen upon the snake that had so foolishly garnered his complete attention. In the depths of his mind, he could feel the effect starting to wear off. If he could just hang in there for a little longer, he'd be able to break free and get back to what he did best.

Henry waits.

Macha attacks Senora! 2 hits! 36 Dmg! CRITICAL!! 24 Dmg! (ATK) [Chance of Mesmerize]
---Macha links a basic attack! 2 hits! 24 Dmg! 36 Dmg! CRITICAL!! (ATK) [Chance of Mesmerize]
---Macha links a basic attack! 2 hits! 24 Dmg per hit! (ATK) [Chance of Mesmerize]

It was easy to tell now which enemy had Henry so captivated; it was one right next to her. Ignoring the faraway snakes and the stopped gliders, Macha turned fast to face her new target, blade expertly striking the beast a couple of times before she chained two more swift blows. Pulling back her blade, she hacked again at the reptile, hoping to put an end to its life along with its spell over Henry. What worried her was that the other ones had the same capabilities most likely. Ah, nothing to worry about. With the spotlight on me, they won't even get the chance to use it~ The thought passed through her head and she smiled as she readied her blade for another assault, regardless of who her next victim happened to be.

Macha waits.

Last edited by Masquerade on Wed May 02, 2012 10:58 am; edited 1 time in total
Masquerade
Masquerade
Eternal Dreamer
Eternal Dreamer

Back to top Go down

Post by Sponsored content

Sponsored content

Back to top Go down