Eternal Dream
Would you like to react to this message? Create an account in a few clicks or log in to continue.

Eternal Dream: Online

+6
Kurio
Zerifachias
Masquerade
Cerani
Xenosaga
Durn
10 posters

Page 2 of 13 Previous  1, 2, 3, ... 11, 12, 13  Next

Go down

Eternal Dream: Online - Page 2 Empty Re: Eternal Dream: Online

Post by Allindur, the Lightfoot Mon Nov 19, 2012 8:28 pm

Barely I directed myself to the robed guy, the other one woke up. Really cute, but looked rather young. I came to a stop and looked at him too.

-Well, I am assuming we are in the game, the exact place eludes me.

That's all I dare say before my mind goes blank. Yep, that remains the same. My social retardedness. I was hoping that would work as in MMOs or foruns, but I guess my mind considers virtual reality as reality. Anyway, this place looked designed for us to need to get out, but I feel no desire to. It's just so adorably dark and deathly. I feel absolutely confortable. Fuck meta, I'm staying until it proves dangerous.
Allindur, the Lightfoot
Allindur, the Lightfoot
Fleeting Dreamer
Fleeting Dreamer

Back to top Go down

Post by Cerani Mon Nov 19, 2012 8:29 pm

"Thanks!" I tossed over my shoulder. The large piece of rock surprised me as it went by. I hadn't realized Durn was still so close to me but paid it no more mind as the last plant attacked him instead of me. Maybe it finally saw that he was taking all the hits for me and decided to take him out first. It wasn't going to get that far. I moved in front of Durn, blocking any further attacks from that angle. This time, I lunged forward with my blade and felt it bite deep into the plant's flesh. I wrinkled my nose as I yanked it back out. The plants freaking stunk. Like worse than rotten eggs, especially after you sliced them open. "Damn. I thought they smelled bad on the outside."

Cerani moves to E-6.

Cerani attacks Corpse Flower (3)! 8 Atk damage!

Last edited by Cerani on Mon Nov 19, 2012 8:52 pm; edited 1 time in total (Reason for editing : That one sentence didn't go as I'd planned. XD)
Cerani
Cerani
Right Hand of Destruction

Back to top Go down

Post by Xenosaga Mon Nov 19, 2012 8:47 pm

God, this queasy feeling sure was a pain in the-Oh hey. I blinked rapidly, confused as my body suddenly straightened from its slightly hunched position. I didn't feel it anymore. Did that mean the poison was gone? I frowned a little. Okay, that was a pretty weird feeling. First it was there and then it was gone. It was like I missed a few seconds of my life. But enough about that, it was time to get rid of the last monster plant. I really didn't want to get whipped again. It was as bad as the tentacle rape just minutes ago.

[Xenosaga] moves to [D-5].

Cerani had already attacked the damn thing so just a little more and it would be dead. And then, we would be finished with this damn place. Hopefully. Honest to god, if we weren't, I would be fucking pissed. I had been violated by tentacles, poisoned and whipped. Enough was enough. Utilizing the two daggers in my hands, I slashed, my teeth gritted.

[Xenosaga] attacks Corpse Flower [3]. 7 ATK DMG. 2 hits.
Xenosaga
Xenosaga
Never Awaken
Never Awaken

Back to top Go down

Post by Masquerade Mon Nov 19, 2012 9:21 pm

In the moments that I had to myself, I slipped away into a sort of chance. Bright images bombarded my mind, and the things I saw made me smile, but as soon as a male's voice perturbed the silence, the grin faded and I turned around to greet the fellow who had spoken to me. He looked fairly normal; he must have been another player. It wouldn't be much of an MMO without a massive amount of players right? He spoke of me awaking first. "Yeah, guess I did," I replied to him plainly, still a little spaced out from the trance, not to mention my thoughts were still in a tizzy over how realistic this game was. The other person had awoken as well and joined the two, creating a trio in the process. Was it just the three of them in this particular area? For a noob area, it seemed rather vicious. I was content with thinking of things in terms of a game; I had played MMOs before and this one was way different from any I had ever played, not just because of the virtual reality, but the setting and system just seemed so odd--almost off to me. Something felt wrong.

"My guess is that we're in the game," I answered the younger fellow's question, but when it came to knowing where exactly in the game, I had no clue. "This is my first time playing so...yeah." Unknowingly, a nervous smile crept on my face. I was always a bit shook up around new people which reminded me that I forgot to introduce myself. "Uh, the name's Masquerade by the by. You can call me Masq for short," I said, wondering if they could see my username above my head or something, but I sure as hell couldn't. For that matter, I couldn't open any menus or anything. How the hell did this game even work? I was starting to believe that it was more virtual reality than it should be...
Masquerade
Masquerade
Eternal Dreamer
Eternal Dreamer

https://eternaldream.forummotion.com

Back to top Go down

Post by Vergil Mon Nov 19, 2012 9:24 pm

Damn, where the hell was I? It must have been quite a party last night for me to end up in this kind of neighborhood... which is what I'd tell myself if I forgot the fact that I never get invited to any parties, nor do I even involve myself with associated vices, hell, there's only about two to three friends tops that I actually hang out with in person. Anyway, about this place that I was in, if I hadn't known any better I'd think I was in one of the circles of hell from The Divine Comedy. I mean look at it, it's obviously a giant abyss created to punish the wicked. After a while it finally hits me: I was in that weird game, the one hyped by magazines and gaming sites across the internet.

So this was it... the 500 dollar game everyone was talking about but nobody wanted to shell out the cash for. I myself was curious, although I'm surprised I was able to come up with the money considering I'm unemployed... makes me reconsider my priorities. Considering subscription-based MMO's, I'm sure the game would pay for itself if I committed to it long enough. I was already impressed by the extra mile of authenticity the developers pushed to create such an atmospheric simulation, and the scary part is that it didn't even feel like a simulation, it felt like I was knocked out and dropped onto some random environment. This was a lot to take in, there were no preview pictures, no trailers, and no in-depth reviews about this game. I couldn't even find any class specs by any of the pro players on any forum board... did this game even have a definitive class system? Maybe this game was more advanced than I could ever imagine... maybe the game was alive and could read into the subconscious of its players... reading them... learning them... and then shaping the play-style according to its assessments thus creating an experience unique to each individual player. I could stand here all day and question the semantics of the game, but I'd still be standing here, only with a headache. Luckily a voice distracted me from my own brooding thoughts.

"Uh...what exactly is this place?"

I look around and see the asker of the question. It was a younger teen in Eastern attire; the thought made me laugh a bit inside. I didn't think I'd find another Asian here, let alone another human... then again, it could be all the game's doing. Unfortunately, I'm an introvert, and making conversation with strangers is absolutely outside my own comfort zone, but if I don't respond then it might be uncomfortable for the both of us. I decide to humor him.

"Your guess is as good as mine," I shrug.

There. I hope that holds him over for a while.
Vergil
Vergil
Void Sleeper
Void Sleeper

Back to top Go down

Post by Silver Mon Nov 19, 2012 9:33 pm

There was a flicker of a grimace on my face when my question was answered with the obvious. However, my eyes went wide as saucers when I heard the robed guy continue his thought and introduce himself. "Masq?!" Despite the mellow vibes I was getting from the two near me, I could not help but suddenly bounce in place with my exclamation. I then realized how strange it probably looked and forced some sort of composure. "S-sorry. It's just... your Masq! Probably don't recognize me, but I'm Silver. Silv for short, I guess." I added in response, once again shifting from foot to foot awkwardly. I sounded a bit too excited for my taste, but for whatever reason I could not help it.

My emotions were... magnified?
Silver
Silver
Prince of Dreams
Prince of Dreams

https://www.facebook.com/pages/Xavier-Rains/314656341904106

Back to top Go down

Post by Masquerade Mon Nov 19, 2012 9:44 pm

Really? I couldn't believe my ears. This was someone I knew...not in real life, but this was one of my online friends that said he was going to be playing this game as well. Here we both were in this virtual reality MMO which I guess was just as good as meeting in real life. I knew what the real Silver looked like, but his character looked quite different. I figured that I kinda did as well for that matter, but who cared? This was pretty epic. "Wow, I didn't think I'd see you here...or anyone else from online either," I replied, slightly awestruck. "You know...because the of the whole MMO aspect. There were bound to be tons of players, but here we are. Guess that means we get to play together," the words poured out of my mouth. I'll admit I was happy to be playing with at least one person I knew decently. I wasn't entirely sure about the other fellow just yet, but I figured he'd introduce himself in a moment. In the meantime, I extended my hand for Silver to grasp for a handshake. It was the first time we were meeting after all, and I had decided that this would be close enough. Everything felt so real anyway...

"I have to say I'm not surprised about how this game got such rave reviews," I allowed myself to speak once more, hand still outstretched while my eyes took a quick scan of the surroundings. "The graphics are fucking epic." That was an understatement. This was better than Final Fantasy XIII. Or Star Ocean: The Last Hope. I remember going on and on about the latter's graphics to my friend. "The water actually looks like water!" I'd exclaim to my best friend who would just tease me which was perfectly fine. In retrospect, I was an idiot. But that was in the past. Here in this game, I felt an odd sort of wisdom mingling with my already advanced intellect. I wondered if that had to do with my class or something but there was no way to check.
Masquerade
Masquerade
Eternal Dreamer
Eternal Dreamer

Back to top Go down

Post by Durn Mon Nov 19, 2012 10:29 pm

Zone 01: The Backwards Wood
Part A - The Three Musketeers

Location: The Backwards Wood - The Pale Garden - The Chrysanthemum Gate

Objectives: Defeat all enemies!

Achievement: N/A

Music: It's Not All Fun and Games

{=} {=} {=} {=} {=} {=} {=} {=} {=} A
{ } { } { } { } { } { } { } { } { } B
{ } {T} { } { } { } { } { } {T} { } C
{ } {X} { } { } { } { } { } { } { } D
{ } { } { } { } {T} { } { } { } { } E
{T} { } { } { } { } {D} {C} { } { } F
{ } { } { } { } { } { } {T} { } { } G
{ } { } { } { } { } { } { } { } { } H
{T} {T} {T} {T} {T} {T} {T} {T} {T} I
-1---2---3---4---5---6---7---8---9

Corpse Flower (3) takes 6 damage! [Cerani]

Corpse Flower (3) takes 10 damage! [Xenosaga]

Corpse Flower (3) KO!!

- - - - -

All enemies have been defeated!

Part A: COMPLETE!!

Music
: Battle Complete

EXPERIENCE
:

+4 - Corpse Flower x4
+2 - Corpse Flower PERFECT KILL x1
+1 - Completed in 10 or less Player Phases
+1 - No Awakening Activated
+1 - No Items Used

TOTAL EXP: 9

Durn: 0/10 ---> 9/10
Next Level: 9/10

Xenosaga: 0/10 ---> 9/10

Cerani: 0/10 ---> 9/10

SPIRIT FOUND: 125

ITEMS FOUND:

Corpse Flower Loot:
- Seed of Corruption x2
- Earth Essence x1
- Poisonous Leaf x3
- Rotting Tentacle x3

AFFINITY GAINED: 2

- - - - -

The final flower had fallen, and the three of us were surrounded by slashed tentacles, which oozed those god-awful bloody chunks I really tried to veer my eyes away from, and acerbic, neon-green acid, which the flowers seemed to spit from their central bulbs upon termination. Perhaps it was some sort of cleaning mechanism for death? Who really knew? Because I certainly didn't.

Our siesta certainly didn't last very long. Like, not long enough for me to take a squat on the leafy carpet and tend to my wounds, or for Xeno to rest against a tree until her stomach-wrenching pains subsided. More flower beasts arose from the same locations as the last, almost as if they had been birthed to by the slain Corpse Flowers. "Hold the fuck up," I pointed to one of the rejuvenating tentacles, which seemed to slither toward Xeno lustfully, "we really can't kill these things! We need to get out! Now!"

That was the moment I think I really woke up for the first time. There was no way this was just a game. The crimson blood was far too cold against my skin, and that rotting stench that intruded my nostrils was far too upsetting; there was more to it, and I certainly didn't want to find out what horrors awaited us upon shaking hands with Death.

I turned away, toward the endless ocean of those white-lavender trees, but I felt an odd, compelling-but-nonexistent grasp tug at my shoulder, leading me to pursue one final gaze at the chrysanthemum wall. Something seemed oddly alluring about that giant-sized blossom at its center, but I certainly wasn't going to wait to find out what.

We needed to leave.

Last edited by Durn on Tue Nov 20, 2012 12:12 am; edited 1 time in total
Durn
Durn
Hermit Sage
Hermit Sage

Back to top Go down

Post by Cerani Mon Nov 19, 2012 11:27 pm

When the last plant fell, my sword drooped to the ground. I was starting to feel some strain on my lungs. I was a bit surprised it took this long, usually I'd be struggling to breathe at this point. Maybe here I was a lot better at these sort of things. It would make sense. My body was unscathed, thanks to Durn, and I turned to thank him. I barely had time to give either of my friends a cursory glance before Durn shouted and more evil plant creatures appeared, one long vine even undulating towards Xeno.

"Oh balls." This was a bit too much like many lucid dreams I'd had and, finally, panic really gripped at me. I felt my heart start to race, sending my pulse to pound into my head. 'Not the time, not the time.' I thought at myself, grabbing Durn by his sleeve to tug him forward and giving my own shout at Xeno. "Let's go! Now!" No time to waste, I just started running.
Cerani
Cerani

Back to top Go down

Post by Xenosaga Tue Nov 20, 2012 7:42 am

"Finally, a fucking break," I gasped as the last plant fell. With the battle over, my body slumped and suddenly, I felt like I was carrying lead. Whatever hype I had had during the fight was now gone and it was now I realized just how much my body hurt. Unfortunately, it seemed none of us had healing spells. Maybe a little rest would help.

No sooner had I thought this, Durn spoke and I lifted my head to look at what he was shouting about. At the sight of more evil flowers and the fucking tentacle that was clearly reaching towards me, I hissed and leaped back.

"Hell to the fuck no!" I spat vehemently, my arms forming an x in front of me. "Nuh-uh, no way! I've had enough tentacle rape for one day!" And with Cerani's exclamation, I bolted, running faster than I ever thought possible. I was really fucking glad I chose this character.
Xenosaga
Xenosaga
Never Awaken
Never Awaken

Back to top Go down

Post by Durn Tue Nov 20, 2012 1:42 pm

The three in the highest boughs of the hanging tree, which clasped to the very top of the void itself, had finally awoken. With their introductions fairly complete, almost as if it were on queue, the party turned their attention to a strange rustling noise which echoed throughout the thorny brambles in the void above. The trio fell silent, and their senseless chatter had been replaced with a shambling moan that seemed to deaden the air, accompanied with the shrieks and screams of a pair of bats which had descended into the nest moments before.

The bats were rather peculiar, as much of their skin had deteriorated with age, revealing their skulls, ribcages, and other askew bones not often seen by the naked eye. What was truly peculiar, however, was not the bats' almost necrotic aura, but was rather the strange, neon-green flame that seemed to pour out their eye sockets and out of the creases between their bones.

They bats shrieked once more, and then a pair of corpses fell from the sky, wrapped by their bone-dry and starved ankles to the branches above. At first, the corpses remained limp, silent, and unresponsive to their surroundings, then suddenly twitching their limbs and murmuring hideous, almost gurgling noises as their eyes lit up with a sort of dark, blackish, gaze filled with the intent to murder.

Part B - The Three in the Nest

Location: The Backwards Wood - The Hanging Tree - Aerial Roots

Background: It's Not All Fun and Games

{ } { } { } { } { } { } {D} { } { } A
{ } {D} { } { } { } {2} { } {D} { } C
{ } { } { } {4} { } { } { } { } { } D
{ } { } {1} { } { } {D} {3} { } { } E
{ } { } { } { } { } { } { } {D} { } F
{ } { } {D} { } { } { } { } { } { } G
{D} { } { } { } { } { } { } { } {D} H
{ } { } { } { } {D} { } { } { } { } I

Necrobat (1) [Float]
HP: 15 / 15
MP: 25 / 25
ATK: 5
DEF: 1
INT: 3
SPR: 2
MOVE: 4

Necrobat (2) [Float]

Hanging Man (3) [Float]
HP: 20 / 20
MP: 20 / 20
ATK: 3
INT: 2
SPR: 1

Hanging Man (4) [Float]

Dangling Branch (Scenery)
HP: 5 / 5
DEF: 2

Characters may start in rows H-I!

Last edited by Durn on Tue Nov 20, 2012 4:32 pm; edited 1 time in total
Durn
Durn
Hermit Sage
Hermit Sage

Back to top Go down

Post by Durn Tue Nov 20, 2012 2:05 pm

The three who gazed into the abyssal pond of selfish desires sat quietly, meeting eye-to-eye with their reflections. A small ripple, possibly caused by the wind or falling debris, distorted the reflections, and once they had reformed, they were no longer the reflections of the trio, who were lost in a world unknown.

Instead, the reflections were those of lost souls, pale and dressed in shoddy clothing, bleeding from the knees and from the eyes, who reached out from the reflective pool and became physical manifestations, which floated above the pond and seemed to walk over it as if it were ice. The souls could not speak, yet seemed to call toward the party and seek for their demise.

A second type of beast, whose hands morphed into long, serrated scythe, was a mantis-type creature, which crawled out to the pond from behind a ruinous building. The mantis screeched, and began to lunge toward the party, with a bloodthirsty look in its blank, white eyes.

Part C - The Three at the Pond

Location: The Backwards Wood - The Pond of Selfish Desires - The Reflective Pool

{ } { } { } { } { } { } { } { } { } A
{ } { } {1} { } {2} { } {3} { } { } C
{ } { } { } { } { } { } { } { } { } D
{ } { } { } { } {4} { } { } { } { } E
{ } { } { } { } { } { } { } { } { } F
{ } { } { } { } { } { } { } { } { } G
{ } { } { } { } { } { } { } { } { } H
{ } { } { } { } { } { } { } { } { } I

Lost Soul (1) [Intangible]
MP: 35 / 35
ATK: 0
DEF: 0
INT: 5
MOVE: 2

Lost Soul (2) [Intangible]

Lost Soul (3) [Intangible]

Dream Mantis (4) [Shell - 3]
HP: 25 / 25
ATK: 4
INT: 4
MOVE: 3

{ } = Pond Cell
- Passable
- +10% Water Element

Characters may start in rows H-I!

Last edited by Durn on Tue Nov 20, 2012 4:30 pm; edited 1 time in total
Durn
Durn
Hermit Sage
Hermit Sage

Back to top Go down

Post by Zerifachias Tue Nov 20, 2012 2:21 pm

"Looks like we don't have time for introductions," I said, peering out at the pond as it began to ripple. I already knew one was Kuori. His manner of speech was easy to recognize. I kept my own identity a secret for now, instead playing the polite, well-mannered bookworm that I was. My memory was slightly hazy, but I have a strong memory when it comes to things like this. My profession was rather silly, to be honest. I chose it because of the perks, really. A novelist always carries a pen and a piece of paper. I felt the tan strap against my black, collared T-shirt and identified it as my knapsack, which I wasn't too terribly familiar with. I was more used to regular backpacks with two straps.

Another look into the pond...I'm fairly certain not many would recognize my face. The chin was too pointy, the hair was too fluffy, and my glasses...well, I've had worse. Still, I wouldn't be surprised if anyone guessed who I was correctly.

Zeri starts at I-7

I took a seat a bit further from the edge of the pond. If my thoughts were correct, then I'd be able to hit anything that I could see. And some that I couldn't see, if I got lucky. I pulled a pen out of my bag and frowned at it. The shell was cracked in a few places, probably a beginner's tool. I'd have to be careful not to break it. I dug around in my bag a little more, but couldn't find anything except a flashlight, batteries, and cartridges filled with ink. No paper.

This is going to be interesting...
Zerifachias
Zerifachias
Totes-Mcgoats
Totes-Mcgoats

Back to top Go down

Post by Silver Tue Nov 20, 2012 2:58 pm

I quickly took the extended hand, but soon found myself pulling Masq into a rather awkward hug. I don't know what that feeling was. I just sorta... well... needed to; formality just seemed so... unnatural considering we were close friends online. Besides, we had always intended to meet up one day, and I doubted we would be prim and proper when it came to that.

I didn't get to say anything though, much less think of a response thanks to the rustling from above. I jumped involuntarily changing my awkward hug into a desperate clinging around Masq's taller figure. I didn't exactly get to pull away either, as the strange looking bats made their appearance. I just sorta... remained wrapped around Masq, though my gaze had fallen on the abhorrent creatures that had showed themselves.

I managed to respond to their entrance in the most intelligent way: "Uhh..." It took me a minute to realize just why they were here. "Battle RPG, right." I murmured. The bats shrieked, but I knew instantly from the rustling that followed that it wasn't in response to me.

I yelped when the bodies fell from the brambles, and I'm pretty sure my nails would have broken the skin on Masq's back.

"That's not cool, man!" I declared, holding myself even tighter to Masq and squeezing my eyes shut. The darkness only enhanced the sound of their sick gurgling moans. "Make them go away!" I demanded, throwing my arm in their direction and waving it frantically.

The enemies were unfazed.

Silver starts in an Adjacent Cell to Masq.
Silver
Silver
Prince of Dreams
Prince of Dreams

Back to top Go down

Post by Vergil Tue Nov 20, 2012 4:28 pm

I looked at the pond to see if I had looked any different here than in reality, only to see that I wasn't too different except for the fact that I looked much more sinister than I actually am. The image on the water began to morph and move away from me, and suddenly rose out of the water in the form of a malevolent-looking ghost. I heard haunting echoes around the pond and saw two more of these ghosts appear near the other two people that were here, and to make matters worse a giant bug sprang forth and faced us. I thought I'd never see the day when spirits and a killer mantis would set aside their differences to work towards a common goal.

This was an MMO, right? If these were the mobs, then what was I supposed to fight them with? I felt something as I backed away from the creatures, looking at my feet. I stepped on something in the pond and reached down to pick it up. A look of skepticism went over my face as I held a curved sheath in my hands. Slowly moving the handle at the end away, I inspected the revealed blade. This... this was that piece of shit ornamental sword my brother told me to put back on the mantle before I put on the visor. What was it doing here? More importantly, how was I supposed to fight ghosts with something as dull as this, let alone if I had a real blade? Judging by the look of the mantis, I didn't have time to keep asking questions to myself. I really need to stop making a habit of that. I was actually relieved though, was it messed up that I'd rather fight violent creatures than force conversation with strangers?

Vergil starts at H-3
Vergil
Vergil
Void Sleeper
Void Sleeper

Back to top Go down

Post by Masquerade Tue Nov 20, 2012 5:29 pm

Masq starts at H7.

The comment about the graphics seemed to bounce off of Silver like a wall, and instead I found myself enveloped in an embrace which I wasn't too surprised about. That made things at least a bit more comfortable, and less awkward for that matter. However, whatever fondness would come afterwards, along with the introduction of the other fellow who I didn't recognize, was frozen in time as bat-like creatures descended upon us as if they had come straight from the bowels of Hell themselves. If that wasn't the worst part, the hanging corpses from the twisted tree branches seemed to become animate--they were monsters. Another something that was probably significantly less surprising than it should have been. My eyes seemed to light up...or at least, that's what if felt like, not to mention everything in my field of vision seemed to glow with this soft yellow light. What was going on? Silver was clinging to me for dear life, but he had to have some sort of ability--some way to fight back right?

I had to take the reigns. That was all there was to it. My knees were shaking and my heart was racing. I was surprised I didn't shit myself, but I reminded myself that it was just a virtual reality game. The details never failed to amaze me; it would be a great run--a great Nightmare Run. I held out my hands, knowing that I had no weapon on my person. Whatever it was had to be conjured somehow. Sure enough, in twin flashes of light, two long pretty mundane needles appeared, surging with yellow energy. "Welp. Looks like this is my weapon," I said, a grimace plastered on my face which started to melt into something akin to a smirk. I started to get a feel for my powers...er, kind of. They were...light-based? There was no skill window or menu...no hotkey bar. How was I supposed to execute skills? I didn't even know how to use a basic attack. This battle against these particular mobs was going to be one huge clusterfuck of trial and error. I just hoped that the others would join me in my endeavors so that we could all learn about our respective classes more. We'd need the knowledge in order to beat the game, surely.
Masquerade
Masquerade
Eternal Dreamer
Eternal Dreamer

Back to top Go down

Post by Kurio Tue Nov 20, 2012 6:14 pm

Kuori starts at cell I-8

One of the others responded to my question but it wasn't much of an answer. I might as well not have asked in the first place. Now I would have asked more questions, but from his answer it was pretty clear he was a fellow player and not an NPC. Which meant he likely had no answers about this place. When I was about to ask the other male he spoke first saying that there wasn't time for introductions; and indeed there were more important matters, like killing those things that just formed from the pool. The monsters in this game were horrific, spirits bleeding from every orifice and a giant mantis that looked like it wanted to devour my soul.

At first I was at a loss. How was I supposed to fight these things? I knew my class had been chosen to be a Tactician but the game itself never gave me any information about the class, or any of the classes for that matter. I reached around my clothing looking for something I could use as a weapon, but all I found was a feathered fan. Really? This was going to be my weapon? Before I could complain I heard a cry from above my head. Looking up I saw the descending form of a black bird, a raven. One that looked incredibly familiar. The raven perched itself on my right shoulder. It's appearance was mostly normal, except for one part. It had two eyes on each side of its head and they were the same shade of red as my own eyes. Any normal person would be freaked out by this, however I felt quite comfortable with this creature perched atop my shoulder for some reason.

"...welcome back, Beatrice."
Kurio
Kurio
Masochistic Kitty Kat Maid

Back to top Go down

Post by Durn Tue Nov 20, 2012 8:24 pm

Part C - The Three at the Pond

Location: The Backwards Wood - The Pond of Selfish Desires - The Reflective Pool

{ } { } { } { } { } { } { } { } { } A
{ } { } {1} { } {2} { } {3} { } { } C
{ } { } { } { } { } { } { } { } { } D
{ } { } { } { } {4} { } { } { } { } E
{ } { } { } { } { } { } { } { } { } F
{ } { } { } { } { } { } { } { } { } G
{ } { } {V} { } { } { } { } { } { } H
{ } { } { } { } { } { } {Z} {K} { } I

Zeri (Novelist)
ATK: 1
DEF: 3
Int: 6
Spr: 3
Move: 2

Kuori (Self-Proclaimed Tactician)
MP: 30 / 30
SPR: 3

Vergil (Thaumanaut)
SPR: 4

Lost Soul (1) [Intangible]

Lost Soul (2) [Intangible]

Lost Soul (3) [Intangible]

Dream Mantis (4) [Shell - 3]
HP: 25 / 25

{ } = Pond Cell
- Passable
- +10% Water Element

Player Phase 1!
Durn
Durn
Hermit Sage
Hermit Sage

Back to top Go down

Post by Allindur, the Lightfoot Tue Nov 20, 2012 8:56 pm

I heard my two companions make their presentation. Wait...what?

-Mwahahahahahahahaha...really? This is...just precious, really...

I started walking to them, but the tip of my sheath started bumping on the ground. It was to big to be carried on the waist. I took a second to realocate it to my shoulders, letting the handle pop out of my right side, before restarting to walk, but didn't have any chance to. Bats came out of the tree, and shortly after, corpses fell from it too, hanged by the feet. The bats were actually pretty cute, but the undead...

-The...Hanging Man?

I looked at the other two, a smile creeping into my face. My fingers gripped the handle of my sword, and a surge of confidence filled me. I had felt that surge so many time in my life, and still, it had been so long since the last...my girlfriend always felt unconfortable around me when I had some kind of makeshift blade, probably because she could feel that confidence. That deep, suffocating desire to cut. Probably because she could see that grin on my lips. I pulled my weapon out of the sheath, took two steps forward, spinning the sword on my right hand twice. Yep, my class could not be entirely sword-based, for I didn't feel supernaturally skillful or anything, but I seemed to have kept the ability I had in real life. Oh, that should be enough.

-Don't worry, boys. It might seem weird, but the Hanging Man is actually an omen of superation. If anything, these guys are a sign that we are going to kick some necromantic ass.

So my shyness is gone too? Yep, definitely the sword had the same effect on me here as it has in real life.

Allindur starts at H4.
Allindur, the Lightfoot
Allindur, the Lightfoot
Fleeting Dreamer
Fleeting Dreamer

Back to top Go down

Post by Durn Tue Nov 20, 2012 9:10 pm

Part B - The Three in the Nest

Location: The Backwards Wood - The Hanging Tree - Aerial Roots

{ } { } { } { } { } { } {D} { } { } A
{ } {D} { } { } { } {2} { } {D} { } C
{ } { } { } {4} { } { } { } { } { } D
{ } { } {1} { } { } {D} {3} { } { } E
{ } { } { } { } { } { } { } {D} { } F
{ } { } {D} { } { } { } { } { } { } G
{D} { } { } {A} { } {S} {M} { } {D} H
{ } { } { } { } {D} { } { } { } { } I

Silver (Empath)
INT: 6

Masquerade (Seer of Hope)
MP: 30 / 30
INT: 6

Allindur (Shadow Walker)
SO: 0 / 10

Necrobat (1) [Float]

Necrobat (2) [Float]

Hanging Man (3) [Float]

Hanging Man (4) [Float]

Dangling Branch (Scenery)
HP: 5 / 5

Player Phase 1!
Durn
Durn
Hermit Sage
Hermit Sage

Back to top Go down

Post by Allindur, the Lightfoot Tue Nov 20, 2012 9:29 pm

-Oh, in my excitement, I almost forgot. I'm Ca - I mean, Allindur. What a coincidence, uh?

I assumed intermediate position, between an upright and a semicrouch, and dashed forward and took a turn on a excessively tall branch, and streched my whole body forward, spinning my sword in a high arc, helped by the left hand, finishing in a long-range thrust. A Fundo. That would be a Lunge, I believe. Well, that matters not, I retreat to my guard quickly, keeping my side facing the oponent, my body upright and the sword arm low, the left arm in a semi-suport to the main hand.

Allindur moves to F3.

Allindur attacks Necrobat(1)! 5 Dmg (Atk)!

Allindur's Coalescent Shadows is looking for shadows...
Allindur, the Lightfoot
Allindur, the Lightfoot
Fleeting Dreamer
Fleeting Dreamer

Back to top Go down

Post by Silver Tue Nov 20, 2012 9:32 pm

Silver
Hp: 15/15
Mp: 25/25
Atk: 1
Def: 2
Spr: 4
Move: 2 Cells

I don't know when I let go of Masq exactly, but it was most definitely before he summoned the glowing needles. Which freaked me out more, the needles or the corpses, I was unsure, but I knew that if he had a weapon then I had to have one as well. My gaze was frantic once again, though once again I quickly found I had nothing on my person. Other than my physical appearance, I could see nothing abnormal about me in the slightest. "Where the hell is my weapon?" I muttered, a tense desperation coming over me.

What had I picked as my profession? I couldn't remember, and I was getting frustrated. And not just frustrated, but angry. It wasn't just me, either; I could feel it coming from the multiple creatures. My jaw tightened until it hurt and the veins in my arms were unusually pronounced. I still had no idea where my weapon was and I was most likely going to be KOed. On the first level. Even with two other people with me. "Ugh!" I huffed, balling up my fists and stamping my foot.

The anger was getting even worse.

While I didn't like the feeling, I had to admit that there was something to it. I felt... empowered. The anger I felt swelling to the point that it was starting to take me over was... strangely satisfying. I could not help the minor tug of my lips upwards. I had no idea why but I felt amazing.

Silver is overtaken with Fury! +2 Basic Attacks for Three Turns!

Silver's S-Ability, Extrasensory, activates! Silver enters Furious State!

Silver *Fury (3)* *Furious State (3)*
Hp: 15/15
Mp: 17/25
Atk: 1
Def: 2
Spr: 4
Move: 2 Cells
Silver
Silver
Prince of Dreams
Prince of Dreams

Back to top Go down

Post by Vergil Tue Nov 20, 2012 9:40 pm

Judging by the other two and their "weapons," it didn't look like they were that much better off. Perhaps if I could draw the attention of that mutant bug, it would buy them time to come up with some sort of strategy. Was I really going to put myself in harm's way for the off-chance two strangers are going to back me up?

Vergil moves to H-6

I guess I just answered my own question. "Hey mantis!" I yelled at the overgrown insect. "You wanna know what's higher up on the food chain than you? EVERY OTHER ANIMAL." Well now I guess I better start running like hell, still there are those three spirits I have to worry about and I am honestly out of ideas. I check my pockets to see if I have anything else on me that can be of any use when I pull out an old dreamcatcher from my coat pocket. Why did I have this? It's in absolutely terrible shape, the weaving is flimsy, and it's missing several feathers. I stare at it for a few seconds before I hear a voice.

"Mortal. Listen to me."
It's talking to me. This poorly assembled Native American artifact is talking to me.
"You wish to dispel the nightmares, and I can assist you. Hold the web over your shadow and offer me your blood."
Sounds legit. I mean, it's not like there's anything else I can do at this point in time so here goes nothing. I held the dreamcatcher above my shadow and a sudden rush of excruciating pain tore into my body and I began to shout in agony as I collapsed onto my knees. It was as if the very life of me were being ripped out, leaving just enough to keep me breathing. Trying to pull myself together, I gradually get back to my feet. My shadow begins to emit a strange mist and an animal-like skull emerges from the ground. The skull begins to ascend into the air with the trailing mist, as the blackness begins to form an ethereal body with two arms, the skull sprouts two deer antlers, and two bright red eyes appear in their respective hollow sockets. The being hovers in the air and draws out a blade of skeletal material marked with seemingly runic characters.

"I... live..."

Vergil uses Simulacrum Pact onto H-7
Vergil
Vergil
Void Sleeper
Void Sleeper

Back to top Go down

Post by Masquerade Tue Nov 20, 2012 9:55 pm

Masquerade uses Radiant Mark on Hanging Man (3)! 7 Light Dmg! [Target afflicted with Thoughtful]

MP: 22/30

Silver had finally let me go, but something was definitely off about him. He seemed almost angry--at what I could not tell. It was just a game; he needed to relax. I was starting to feel in the zone now that I was getting comfortable harnessing the power of my magic-infused needles. I was a mage; somewhat fitting, somewhat not. Magic nukes were always OP in other MMOs, so what the hell? Might as well make the most of it. Targeting the nearest hanging corpse thing, not through the game, but just...as if I were doing it in real life, I created a flash of light around the thing's eyes which did....something. Hopefully damage. At that thought, I felt myself surge with energy. Hopefully. Another surge of energy. What was this all about? I found myself start to see images again, ones that brought forced smiles to my face. I felt extremely optimistic about this first battle, and that seemed to bolster my strength, at least in terms of willpower. I wasn't about to back down now. Sure, I had no idea what skill I just used or what it did, but it was certainly better than nothing.

"Fuck this shit," I muttered to myself as I lowered my needles which were still practically little flashlights lighting up this dismal place. Something told me that I wouldn't be escaping this mess without succumbing to a headache. It was also at this time that I realized how important player stat menus were and such in other MMOs because this was wild. Maybe the helmet was scanning our brain for our actions? If that was the case, there'd be no need for a keyboard which was bitchin' to even think about. No wonder the damn thing cost so much. It was state of the fucking art. My reverie over this game didn't end, and I found myself holding my ground.

Masq waits.
Masquerade
Masquerade
Eternal Dreamer
Eternal Dreamer

Back to top Go down

Post by Kurio Wed Nov 21, 2012 12:06 am

With the fan in my right hand I was at a loss of what to do. The game was very odd, giving me this raven whom I feel like has been with me for several years, and now I'm hearing an echoing voice in my head. "Do not attack so soon, a tactician must wait until the opportune moment to act. Their demise will be imminent, however we will have to bear with the fact that we cannot carelessly make a move."

Sure I may be going insane, or maybe it's that raven talking to me. Oh wait, that means I'm already insane, to imagine the raven, an animal, would be able to communicate through some sort of telepathy.

"Yes I am speaking to you. You're not going crazy."

Okay, now I definitely know something's wrong with me when I'm starting to have conversations with myself. Maybe I should get myself checked into a mental hospital once I log off this game, if I can log off anyway. So far I didn't see any form of visible UI, no menu, no hotbar for skills, nothing. But for now, it seemed that this voice in my head, whether it was a figment of my imagination or actually the raven speaking to me (my money's on the former), knew what it was saying. So if what this voice was telling me is going to get me through this battle alive, then by all means I'm going to listen to it. "You better know what you're doing." I muttered slightly out loud.

Kuori waits
Kurio
Kurio

Back to top Go down

Post by Sponsored content

Sponsored content

Back to top Go down

Page 2 of 13 Previous  1, 2, 3, ... 11, 12, 13  Next