Eternal Dream
Would you like to react to this message? Create an account in a few clicks or log in to continue.

Decaying World [Redux]

4 posters

Page 6 of 7 Previous  1, 2, 3, 4, 5, 6, 7  Next

Go down

Decaying World [Redux] - Page 6 Empty Re: Decaying World [Redux]

Post by Masquerade Thu Dec 11, 2014 4:23 pm

Aeria smiled heartily at her new comrades.  They had been thrown together by fate and now they were to set off on an adventure to save the world.  They were the only ones who knew what the knights were planning, and thus the responsibility to stop the knights fell on them.  They were burdened, true, but it was a burden Aeria herself was willing to take onto her shoulders.  The others may or may not have been a tad more reluctant, but she was sure they realized there was no other course of action.  "Excellent!" she exclaimed, smile still bright.  She moved into the kitchen and pointed to a portion of the house they couldn't see from the living room.  "There's a hallway down here with two rooms and a bathroom.  Make use of them as you will.  I have my bedroom adjoining the living room but I will most likely not be sleeping much tonight."  The warrior paced back to the living space.  "For now we should get some supplies.  I'll gather enough food and water for us using some savings I have here in this house.  The rest of you take what you need from what we collected from the archives.  It goes without saying but be as inconspicuous as possible, especially you, Your Majesty."

Elisia drew her hand in the air and a thin black line appeared.  She pulled at the end of it and a black cloak unfolded from the line before everyone's eyes.  She donned the cloak wordlessly.  "I've grown accustomed to trying to keep my identity hidden, as you see," the princess replied, bowing in a playful manner.  "I'm quite curious to explore this villa.  If I may, I assume we're meeting back here after our shopping adventures?"  Upon receiving an affirming nod from Aeria, Elisia strode over to the door which Aeria unlocked for her and she departed.

"If there's anyone staying behind, be sure to keep the door locked."  She glanced at Silv.  "You're taking care of the girl?  You may want to stay put until she wakes up.  I know she's bound to be hungry.  Perhaps I'll make some dinner tonight."  She gave him a warm smile and departed as well leaving the others to do whatever they so wished in this down time--the final day before they set off to save the world.

~Scape Essentials~

Salve (Recovers 20 HP upon use) / Gold: 10 / Stock: 5

Mana Fragment (Recovers 10 MP upon use) / Gold: 5 / Stock: 2

Antidote (Removes Poison/Severe Poison/Venom upon use) / Gold: 15 / Stock: 3

Relaxant (Removes Paralysis upon use) / Gold: 30 / Stock: 3

Chest Key (Unlocks target chest/door) / Gold: 12 / Stock: 5

Life Crystal (Revives fallen character with 20% Max HP) / Gold: 150 / Stock: 1

~Nature's Bounty~

Earthen Might (Long sword of a craggy appearance, it possesses the strength of the earth itself.  Increases ATK by 3 and DEF by 1; equippable by Aeria; Earth elemental) / Gold: 40 / Stock: 1

Mountain Shield (As adamant as a mountain itself, this shield provides the utmost protection.  Increases DEF by 2; equippable by Aeria; Resist Earth; +8% Block Chance) / Gold: 25 / Stock: 0

Sylven Delight (Rapier blessed by the Sylphs to attained the power of wind and lightning, it delivers fierce and speedy attacks.  Increases ATK and INT by 3; equippable by Elisia; Basic Attacks +1) / Gold: 70 / Stock: 0

Thunderous Roar (Shield patterned with the fierce force of lightning, hitting it sends shivers down the attacker's spine.  Increases DEF and SPR by 2; equippable by Elisia; 10% chance to Stun attackers) / Gold: 50 / Stock: 1

Blackthorn Gloves (Crimson gloves covered in black thorny vines.  Increases INT by 3; equippable by Silv; Added Effect: Poison) / Gold: 45 / Stock: 1

Garden Ribbon (Beautiful green ribbon that smells of the most aromatic flowers.  Increases INT by 3; equippable by Natsumi; On Hit: Target SPR -5%; stacks 2 times) / Gold: 45 / Stock: 1

Fountain Pen (Glistening blue pen filled to the brim with blue ink.  It is very comfortable to hold.  Increases INT by 3; equippable by Nest; Magic Damage Output +5%) / Gold: 45 / Stock: 0

~Survival Shop~

Oaken Mail (Polished heavy oak mail coated in a fire retardant material.  Increases DEF by 3; equippable by Aeria) / Gold: 30 / Stock: 0

Floral Gown (Long silken gown of a forest green hue, its white frills and beautiful yellow trim make it perfect for outside gatherings.  Increases DEF by 1 and SPR by 3; equippable by Elisia) / Gold: 40 / Stock: 0

Blackthorn Cloak (Crimson cloak coated in a nest of black thorn patterns that instill fear in attackers.  Increases DEF by 1 and SPR by 3; equippable by Silv; 10% to Fear attackers) / Gold: 50 / Stock: 1

Flower Girl (Lightweight robe-like garments with yellow flower designs upon the white background, they are used for ceremonial purposes and designated for young participants to wear.  Increases SPR by 3; equippable by Natsumi; Malice gained by damage -10%) / Gold: 35 / Stock: 0

Riverflow (Jacket as blue as a coursing stream in the woods. Increases DEF by 1 and SPR by 3; equippable by Nest; Mana Regeneration effects +5%) / Gold: 50 / Stock: 0

~Resident Botanist~

Destruction Blade (Unholy blade filled with potent magical essence intended for the purpose of complete annihilation.  Increases ATK by 5 and INT by 3; equippable by Aeria; Deals 200% Int as bonus magic damage on hit applied to the target's DEF) / Amber x1 + Ash x4 + [Any Sword] / Class: Weapon (Aeria)

Ashen Cloak (Depressing cloak of an ashen hue, it is said that no catastrophe will befall the wearer.  Increases DEF by 3 and SPR by 4; Immune Instant Death) / Ash x4 + [Any Cloak] / Class: Armor (Silv)

Amber Bracelet (Bracelet with a centerpiece gem filled with magical potency.  Increases INT by 3; equippable by all; Magic Damage Output +5%) / Amber x1 + Smooth Pebble x4 / Class: Accessory

~Artisan's Hold~

Visiting this place might be a very good idea / Character Quest: Visual Art (Nest)

Current Gold: 22

Last edited by Masquerade on Mon Jun 15, 2015 1:54 pm; edited 3 times in total
Masquerade
Masquerade
Eternal Dreamer
Eternal Dreamer

https://eternaldream.forummotion.com

Back to top Go down

Post by Silver Thu Dec 11, 2014 6:01 pm

Silvertongue nodded heavily at Aeria, turning instantly to see that the girl had, indeed, awoken. He smiled. She hadn't even made a peep! But the second he noticed her rubbing her throat he frowned. "Ya must be 'ungry, eh darlin'?" he asked rhetorically, smoothing the frown into a thin line. As Aeria had said, the poor girl must have been starving––he didn't know much about malnourishment, but her rubbing her throat had to have something to do with her state. He sat next to her, fixing the cloak so that it sat wrapped around her shoulders once more. "Dun worry," he continued, "we'll get ya sum food."

He then paused for a moment before looking down at her––blue-green eyes locked with hers. It became apparent to him that he didn't even know her name. In escaping he had never asked. Of course, there hadn't been much time to ask, but still! "What's ya name?"

His voice was quiet.
Silver
Silver
Prince of Dreams
Prince of Dreams

https://www.facebook.com/pages/Xavier-Rains/314656341904106

Back to top Go down

Post by Zerifachias Thu Dec 11, 2014 6:14 pm

Natsumi sniffed again, then yawned. She heard her protector ask for her name, but didn't immediately give it. Part of the reason was that she had to try to remember her name again. Natsumi looked down for a second at the folds of her clothes. For a moment, it appeared that she might fall asleep again, but her head slowly lifted again and her golden eyes stared up at the man who had asked for her name.

"I'm Nat...sumi. Natsumi," she said, her voice barely higher than a whisper. Natsumi's eyes drifted around, as if searching for something. She was still feeling the pains of hunger, but didn't want to voice it. She had gone for so long without speaking that she practically unlearned how to talk. Her memory was weak, and her body even weaker. So all she could really do was sit and wait.
Zerifachias
Zerifachias
Totes-Mcgoats
Totes-Mcgoats

Back to top Go down

Post by Silver Thu Dec 11, 2014 7:01 pm

Silvertongue leaned in when she lowered her head––he could barely hear her when she spoke. But he heard her. Natsumi. "Natsumi," he repeated with a smile. "Good name fer a li'l firefly," he quipped, gingerly pulling her closer until she was sitting in his lap. He brushed his fingers against her shoulder before carefully picking her up.

"Let's get ya sum food," he said nonchalantly, wrapping her up in the cloak like a baby. At least now she could be swaddled and warm. Soon she'd be fed too.
Silver
Silver
Prince of Dreams
Prince of Dreams

Back to top Go down

Post by Ziolang Fri Dec 12, 2014 7:11 am

What am I to do? The serious nature of the past day was only now dawning itself upon his mind like dew upon the morning grass. In this fraction of his time among creation he had managed to have his life permanently and irrevocably changed. Desks, candlelight, quill, letters, words, stories and all that made up his former life was no more. The painful sting of the hornet of regret pricked the back of his skull with great and sudden force. His countenance began to sink into the dismal grey ocean of negativity. Alas! Nest the Scribe was no more!

What...? Nest retreated slightly from the depths as his finger felt something within his pocket. A something that felt like parchment paper. A moment passed as he rationalized the parchment away as one of the spares he always carries, yet he could not seem to let it go. With mild interest he pulled the lightly crumpled sheet from within and held it before himself. Words. It was his own handwriting; his own magically imbued ink; his signature in the corner. But he could not recall writing this. As he read he was astounded to find it was a brief tale about a man who's name Nest did not recognize; and none other than Aeria Gaines. Closer examination and he recognized an enchanting upon the document of his own magical format: a phrase defining a characteristic. Remembered in the eternal records of history.

Nest returned the record to its home. One more piece to the puzzle. He would need to bring it to the Warrior's attention some time, but for now he needed a clear mind and a plan as to how to proceed. "I believe I shall peruse the town for a time." He stated to no one in particular as he moved for the door. "Any are welcome to join me."
Ziolang
Ziolang
Cat Napper

Back to top Go down

Post by Silver Wed Dec 17, 2014 8:02 am

Silvertongue had scooped Natsumi up into his arms and taken her out into the villa, his sights setting on an incredibly tiny bakery as it came into view. Truth be told he didn't have much money, but he promised the girl food. Food she would get. E'en if et means I 'ave ta steal et. he thought with a grimace. He could handle stealing spells––knowledge was fair game and could be recovered through study. Stealing a person's livelihood... he hadn't done that in years and he certainly hoped he wouldn't have to start now.

However, as he entered the bakery, he found all of his fears melting away. The small building was incredibly warm and smelled of the most delicious treats––his blue-green eyes locked on a pretty delectable-looking sweet roll. But the thief of spells quickly shook his head. Food for Natsumi, not treats for himself. He approached the counter, shifted the weight of the small child in his arms, and quickly tapped the silver bell.

"Coming," an elderly woman's voice echoed from some unknown room in the back. Silvertongue gave the small doorframe a look of disbelief. There couldn't possibly be more to this place! The structure of the building wouldn't allow for it... unless–

"Hello dearie," the same elderly woman's voice jerked him out of his thoughts, "welcome to Auntie Em's, how can I––Oh!" The woman, who wore a traditional dress the color of gingersnaps and a big fluffy apron, seemed to have noticed Natsumi's condition. "Oh dear!" she proclaimed, giving Silvertongue a sharp gaze––some kind of maternal instinct, he supposed. "What happened to her? She looks as though she hasn't eaten in months!" the baker cried, crossing her arms over her bosom.

Silvertongue bit his lip. "I don't know 'xactly," he began, "I jest found 'er this way." That much was the truth––Natsumi had been this malnourished since he first laid eyes on her. The old woman stared at him for a moment, trying to see through his statement, but when she could not she immediately reached for a roll of bread that had been left to cool. She handed it to the thief and immediately turned and pulled a small container out from one of the cabinets.

"I usually stick to sweets," she stated, "but I can make an exception." She reached for a ladle on a nearby rack and immediately began swirling it over the container. The thief shot her an odd look, but she immediately turned around and he eased up. "Just because magic can be used for combat doesn't mean it doesn't have other uses," she reprimanded, returning to her previous actions. All of a sudden the smell of warm chicken soup filled the bakery––the container, Silvertongue realized, began to fill itself with a cream-based liquid.

Soup.

She had made them soup. "Here," she said, placing the ladle down and turning to Silvertongue. She handed him the container and looked down to the girl in his arms. "It's on the house," she continued, "courtesy of Auntie Em, herself."

"Thank you," Silvertongue whispered, handing the roll to Natsumi and taking the chicken soup in his free hand.

"Not a problem, dearie," Auntie Em replied with a bright smile. This faded shortly after and she gave him another hard look. "You just make sure she gets better!" she almost barked––Silvertongue nodded quickly in response. He thanked her again and proceeded to leave the bakery.

"Ya jest lemme know if ya want sum a the soup, a'ight?" he said to Natsumi as they continued walking––although he wandered pretty aimlessly, he found himself situated in front of a couple of stores. The first being a small hut labeled 'Resident Botanist.' Without any hesitation he entered, immediately hit by the smell of wild herbs.

A woman, the resident botanist he presumed, looked up at him from her work. "Hello, can I help you?" she asked cheerfully, standing and disregarding whatever herbs she had been mashing.

"Uhh... ya can start by tellin' me what ya do 'xactly," Silvertongue responded, not exactly understanding what the purpose of the hut was. The woman seemed a little hurt by his lack of knowledge, but quickly turned her frown upside down.

"I can take materials you've found and make them into equipment and items––oftentimes what I make is better than what the stores in town sell, but you have to go hunt for the materials so its a pretty fair trade off."

Silvertongue nodded, thinking about the woman's work for a second before handing the soup container to Natsumi as well. He snapped his fingers. Instantly a plethora of materials came floated around him and collected in front of the woman. "I don't suppose ya could make stuff wit this?" he asked, watching as the woman didn't waste a second. She grabbed a select few material and quickly went to work––mere minutes later she grabbed the cloak from around Natsumi's shoulders. Silvertongue made a gesture to argue, but the woman silenced him and quickly returned the cloak––now slightly newer than before––to its rightful place. She also handed him a small bracelet.

Silvertongue synthesizes Ashen Cloak and Amber Bracelet! The party loses Ash x4, Gray Cloak x1, Amber x1, and Smooth Pebble x4!

"There you go!" she chimed happily.

"Uhh... thanks, lass," Silvertongue responded, snapping again and leaving the hut as the rest of the materials disappeared. He quickly skirted into the next shop, ignoring the sign which denoted the building as 'Nature's Bounty.'

The first thing he noticed was how much everything cost––at least the good-looking equipment. Some of these weapons were twice as expensive as three times the amount of money the party had! They'd never be able to buy any of the really good stuff, but even if they settled for the rookie rack, he realized they'd quickly be out of funds. Approaching the counter, he quickly thought back to that gold nugget he had summoned forth. A snap of his fingers and it was presented to the shopkeep.

"How much can I get fer this?"

Silvertongue sells Golden Nugget!
Silver
Silver
Prince of Dreams
Prince of Dreams

Back to top Go down

Post by Zerifachias Fri Dec 19, 2014 8:59 pm

All these new sights and sounds...Natsumi frowned as she glanced around warily. This was as many people that she had seen in a very long time. She was both nervous and uncomfortable. She would have rather stayed in the little place that one woman took them to. Natsumi didn't know what her name was. But with every person that she and the man beside her passed, Natsumi grew more and more uncomfortable. She thought about running, but her hunger and weakness kept her still. She could get away on her fire wheels, but where would she go?

Natsumi nearly breathed fire at the woman who took the man's coat away from her. She didn't though. Fire was meant to burn evil people, not random strangers. The woman did come back with a new cloak and put it around her, but Natsumi didn't like it. She shook it off almost instantly, letting the thing fall to the floor. It smelled wrong to her.

Natsumi shifted uncomfortably. How long were they going to be out here in the open? She only wanted to eat the soup from the nice lady and go to sleep. She was tired and not used to this kind of abuse. She could stand waiting. Waiting was easy. But following someone around and waiting for them? That was something Natsumi didn't know how to deal with. All she knew about it was that she hated it. She wouldn't say anything, of course. Her voice was too weak. Not to mention she didn't recall many words. Even if she wanted to talk, she really couldn't. So she stayed silent.
Zerifachias
Zerifachias
Totes-Mcgoats
Totes-Mcgoats

Back to top Go down

Post by Silver Wed Dec 24, 2014 10:46 pm

Silvertongue pocketed the small sum of gold the shopkeep gave in return for the golden nugget, his eyes falling to Natsumi. "Dun worry, darlin'," he whispered, a knowing look flashing between then, "we're almost dun 'ere." Without another word he quickly perused the multiple racks of weapons and armor. He made his selections quickly and stuffed each item into his satchel (enchanted, of course) before paying the respective men at the counters.

Silvertongue purchases Mountain Shield x1, Sylven Delight x1, Garden Ribbon x1, Fountain Pen x1, Oaken Mail x1, Floral Gown x1, Flower Girl x1, and Riverflow x1! 340 Gold lost!

With everything set, and his cloak back around his shoulders (having been swept off the ground after Natsumi discarded it), the thief of spells returned to Aeria's hideout. Instantly he set Natsumi back on the loveseat and opened the container with the soup. "Careful now, love," he stated, making note of the steam wafting upwards as he handed the soup to her.
Silver
Silver
Prince of Dreams
Prince of Dreams

Back to top Go down

Post by Ziolang Sat Dec 27, 2014 9:53 pm

It was an elegantly humble town. Nest allowed his eyes to absorb the panoramic beauty about him; every new sight one which touched the artistic strings of his heart. The people themselves seemed to be beaming themselves, despite their somewhat noticeable meager funds. If there was ever a town that could soak in the rays of light and convert them into the simple joys of eternity, it was this small village of Scape.

Nest continued to meander about in no real direction, whilst keeping track of the way he had gone so as not to become lost. As much as he would have enjoyed wandering this endless maze of creativity, he had more important matters he would need to see to soon. But now was not the time to ponder on mysteries; this was likely to be his last moments of pure calm.

A sign caught the scribe's eye; one which put a grin to his face. "Artisan's Hold this way." Well now, that certainly sounded like his  type of place. Perhaps he could speak with some of the craftsman and expound upon his rapidly growing love for this little town. He followed the direction of the sign which lead him a few blocks down and to the right. And there it was.
Ziolang
Ziolang
Cat Napper

Back to top Go down

Post by Masquerade Mon Dec 29, 2014 9:57 pm

The Artisan's Hold was a grand building dedicated to the sharing of the different arts. It was like a community center for the village of Scape. It was a dome-like building made of polished wood, crafted to perfection. Some of the windows were normal while others were made of stained glass showing different intriguing scenes. Beautiful arrays of flowers filled beds at the entrance--the work of a wondrous gardener. The power of art was eminent here. Nest, curious about the name having seen it on a sign, found himself in front of the building, but he was not alone. A rather short female with long, wavy, brown stood next to Nest. She wore a dark grey vest over a white frilly blouse, her modest cleavage showing slightly. A matching dark grey skirt fit nicely around her waist and went down to the middle of her thigh. She wore white knee-high socks and polished black dress shoes. A pink ribbon accentuated her hair, and her amber eyes were focused quite fiercely on the building in front of her. Her light pink lips were set into a grimace to match her eyes' ferocity, but it was an adorable sight more than anything.

"Isn't it a glorious place?" the young woman said suddenly after a few moments of awkward silence. In her left hand was a book. She held it tightly to her side. There was a black leather belt around her waist that held a paintbrush, a palette, and a small brown satchel filled with vials of paint. "It gives me shivers just looking at it. You know, all the master craftsmen of the village came together to form this building. The master carpenter. The master gardener. The master painter. The list goes on, but they all joined hands to create a true masterpiece." She turned to look up at Nest and gave him a quaint smile. "I'm Vivian Lannery. It's nice to meet you. You don't look familiar. What's your name, if you don't mind me asking?"
Masquerade
Masquerade
Eternal Dreamer
Eternal Dreamer

Back to top Go down

Post by Zerifachias Wed Dec 31, 2014 11:11 am

Natsumi sat with the open thermos in her lap. It was warm to the touch, but she didn't really notice it. Her own warmth, thanks to the flames that woke inside her only recently, was about the same as this. Carefully, very carefully, Natsumi took a tiny sip out of the soup. The steam rushed up into her eyes, which she closed, and it felt incredible. The broth burned down her throat, surprising her at first, but she quickly became accustomed to the heat. It was like an old memory coming back. It's been so long since she had anything to eat, never minding that she hadn't had a hot meal since she was thrown into the prison.

Natsumi only took tiny sips of the broth, somehow knowing she wouldn't be able to handle anything solid. She touched a chunk with her tongue, to test it, but found it repulsive and immediately went back to the broth. Her body wouldn't reject the broth. Natsumi's lips curved slightly upward, in an attempt to smile. Her mouth felt warm and wet, instead of the dry she was so used to. It was like a dream. Maybe it was a dream. Natsumi hoped it wasn't a dream.
Zerifachias
Zerifachias
Totes-Mcgoats
Totes-Mcgoats

Back to top Go down

Post by Ziolang Sat Jan 10, 2015 7:03 am

Nest's soul was lost in the grandeur of what stood before him. Like the rest of the structures in this village of Scape, one could see the love and art that was put into every tiny detail. With his mind's eye he probed the through the gardens, taking in the smell. Lilacs, lupines, roses, tulips, countless flowers arranged into color-coordinated perfection. He traced the paths to the building itself; fine, polished woods of unknown origin. Small carvings and designs trimmed the doorways and window sills- Ah! The windows! Such crystal clear glass in some; such glorious panels in others! The stained glass was so cleverly cut and formed into magnificent shapes and images that he wondered just how long the windows themselves must have taken to produce. With the eyes of a child beholding a new toy, he gazed upon the Hold with wonder and awe.

"Isn't it a glorious place?"

Nest started; he hadn't noticed the woman that was at his side. How long was she there? She continued on about the hold, how it was formed. He nodded, feeling a bit awkward but not entirely so. She was an attractive smaller figure, although Nest wasn't exactly tall standing a few inches shy of six feet. His head turned to face her, but she was gazing at the Artisan's Hold as she spoke. He was about to look away when the woman suddenly turned on him with a smile that shot straight through his heart.

His gentleman's training kicked into gear, it having become second nature. He kept his gaze on the woman's eyes to give his attention and respect to the woman introduced as Vivian. "Ah, a pleasure miss Lannery." He said with a short bow. "I am Ne-" The scribe's heart skipped a beat as he remembered he was a fugitive now. "Er, that is... you may call me... Sanders. Jacob Sanders. At your service." He had pulled the name from the first short story he had written as an apprentice. The tale was of a boy who was separated from his home and drafted into a far off war. He felt it appropriate. "I apologize as it is only a pen name." Was he being too honest? It was hard not to, looking into the depth of those eyes. "You are familiar with this Hold I presume? Perhaps you could show me around, if it you would be so kind?"
Ziolang
Ziolang
Cat Napper

Back to top Go down

Post by Masquerade Sun Jan 11, 2015 3:32 pm

"The pleasure is mine, Mr. Sanders," Vivian responded in kind, bowing her head as well. Such a modest fellow, and kind of mysterious too. He wanted to be shown around; what a treat that would be! "I would be more than happy to!" she exclaimed with glee and beckoned him onward through the door. There was a large hallway with a vaulted ceiling, and the walls of the hall were lined with portraits and sculptures ranging from older classical works to strange abstract contemporary creations. The lights were adjusted in just the right way to truly showcase what was presented in the hall which ended at a large room that could only be described as an indoor garden. There was a large square of flower beds surrounding the inner stone plaza. Stone benches were carved into the flower beds creating plenty of space to sit and admire the glorious fountain in the center of the room, the statue in it happening to be a model of the world with a moon circling it and a sun hovering near it as well. It was a wondrous sight to behold as it showered water down into the base, lights set up around it to make the water glimmer. A sunroof ceiling was also in place to shine natural light down upon the plaza. Vivian took Nest's hand and led him closer to the fountain.

"This is the Inner Commune. It's the best place to meet new people, relax, and hang out with friends. A lot of people come here to write and draw when they're lacking inspiration. It was designed to foster imagination and really get the creative juices flowing," Vivian explained cheerily, taking in a deep breath of the surprisingly fresh air. It was almost like they weren't in a building at all. "Can't you feel it? It's like a muse graces this sanctum; I can feel her dancing across my mind and soul making me ache to create. Can you feel her presence, Jacob?"
Masquerade
Masquerade
Eternal Dreamer
Eternal Dreamer

Back to top Go down

Post by Ziolang Tue Jan 13, 2015 9:30 am

The woman's returned salutation to a name that was not his own left a pit in Nest's stomach. He'd never had to be deceptive before; even though he had clearly stated he was being such it still left him with a hollow feeling. He felt disrespectful, but there was little to be done for he could not risk the safety of others for a few moments of mannerisms with a stranger. Right? But was it only this one time? or would he forfeit everything he was before this quest was seen to its end?

Vivian was already moving and beckoning the scribe to follow, which he did, after disposing of his mental ramblings. He would have time to sort everything out later, he had come here to get away from such thoughts. And this lovely young lady was proving to be quite a cure. It had been a long time since he had met someone with so much interest and love for the arts. She would point out details, Nest would comment. He would bathe in a tapestry or a painting and she was right there with him. It was a such a peaceful time... so soon after such a chaotic time.

The little quirks of life
That prick the worlds with strife
Yet in the reaches of despair
Is found the life giving air
Free is the soul which breaths

The two came into a magnificent room of foliage and colors. Every minute detail begging the eye to behold it, whilst still perfectly balanced with the remainder of the whole. Nest slowed his pace to allow himself to take it all in, only to have Vivian take his hand and pull him along. They had stopped by the central fountain, the soft movement of water upon water filled his heart with soft tranquility. The scribe nodded as Vivian spoke, he could certainly see himself in this paradise within walls that only leave one more free than if he were outside. Hours, days he could come and ponder and write and create and reach for the eternities beyond!

"Aye. It is as if all creation reverently watches this single point. I can feel the echoes of life within this place." It was then he noticed his hand was still in hers, causing a flame to burn across his face. He dared not let go, but he feared more to hold on. This place was like a spell, ensnaring him in a world of enchantments. Still, he couldn't stay forever... "I thank thee kindly, miss Lannery. I have enjoyed this time beyond measure in this hall of outward reflections. But I wouldn't want to detain you any longer from whatever task you were set upon before our meeting." As he finished he pressed his other hand on the back of Vivian's for a formal handshake then pulling both hands away and turning toward the fountain, trying to regain control of his emotions; there were far too many at this moment.
Ziolang
Ziolang
Cat Napper

Back to top Go down

Post by Masquerade Tue Jan 13, 2015 1:54 pm

Vivian was a little taken aback when Nest thought to take off when he had only just gotten there, but he wound up saying something that hit her heart pretty hard. "You see, Mr. Sanders, I cannot simply go back to the task I have been working on, for I came here today to work on my contribution to the Hold, but I am at a loss. I am missing two vital paints needed to complete it," the woman explained sadly, her heart heavy at the thought of her work remaining unfinished. It was funny how something so trivial as a few missing colors could completely impair her progress. "I need to mix the paint myself; it isn't something I buy. The colors I need come from two different flowers that grow in the Valdeer Highlands: the Kiss of Nature and the Violet Whimsy. I could go easily because I am more than capable of defending myself," she stated proudly, "but my troubles come with time. I simply don't have the time to make that sort of venture right now." She took hold of Nest's arm gently.

"Mr. Sanders, do you know of anyone who might be able to help me out? My work is at stake here..."
Masquerade
Masquerade
Eternal Dreamer
Eternal Dreamer

Back to top Go down

Post by Ziolang Wed Jan 14, 2015 6:51 pm

Nest kept his gaze on the fountain as Vivian explained her dilemma. Her desire was sincere and it pricked at his heart, recalling memories of his own difficult creations. Still, the less he associated with this woman the better. He didn't want to drag anyone else into the world he had found himself in.

He perked up at the mention of the Valdeer Highlands. She needed two kinds of flowers; he would be going that way, wouldn't he? No no, that would never do. Too much risk. His attention was drawn at the soft feel of her hand resting on his arm. He turned to face her, looking deep into those eyes. He could see the limitless potential sparkling within the recesses of her soul.

"Mr. Sanders, do you know of anyone who might be able to help me out? My work is at stake here..."

He let out a sigh, his mind and his heart racing. Everything about his character was demanding that he help her out; anything he could do. Nest seemed to have lost his ability to turn away, nothing but Vivian and her sincere request had his attention. "My associates and I are planning on traveling in that direction." Too late now, he couldn't stop. "Perhaps we could assist in some way."
Ziolang
Ziolang
Cat Napper

Back to top Go down

Post by Masquerade Wed Jan 14, 2015 9:55 pm

Vivian squealed in delight and threw her arms around Nest, hugging him tightly before promptly letting him go and shaking his hands enthusiastically. Her eyes gleamed and sparkled. Such a joyous day! "Oh thank you so much, Mr. Sanders! You have no idea how much this means to me! I have so much planning to do! Whenever you make it back, you know where to find me," she chimed before running off. Now that her project could be completed, she had a lot of planning to do.

Character Quest: Visual Art commenced!
Masquerade
Masquerade
Eternal Dreamer
Eternal Dreamer

Back to top Go down

Post by Masquerade Mon Jan 26, 2015 9:13 pm

Aeria had perused the town extensively. Scape was such a beautiful place, and though she had a house there, she had never explored thoroughly enough which was something that she direly regretted. Now that it would be a long while before she could return, she wanted to take in every sight and commit it to memory. It would be a nice place to think about in the case something bad happened. The sounds and smells were enough to cause the saddest soul to smile in joy. Her true destination was the market--the place where there were more than enough sounds and smells to go around. It wasn't particularly busy today, but there was still quite the din of noise of people conversing and haggling. It brought a warm smile to the warrior's face. With gold in hand, she browsed the different stalls and began purchasing food she would need to prepare a good supper. She had in mind what kind of things she would whip up. The group would need this; it would do wonders to their morale not to mention they wouldn't be able to enjoy a good meal like this for a long while unless they stopped and went out to eat at a restaurant in one of the towns--a luxury she was sure they would scarcely be able to enjoy just because of their fugitive status.

With all of the ingredients purchased, Aeria marched down the road with her bags in hand. As she approached the abandoned house, she bumped into Elisia. Fortunately, it wasn't a literal bump. The princess merely gave her a gentle nod and opened the door for her seeing as she had her hands full. Aeria thanked her and proceeding into the interior--it seemed that she and the princess were the last to return. Elisia closed and locked the door behind Aeria who trundled to the kitchen counter and set down her groceries. "I hope I got enough for everyone. Tonight we're going to dine like kings," she exclaimed warmly, staring to unload the bags.

Elisia walked over to Silv who had done some shopping of his own, it seemed. "You took a fancy to the local designs for equipment? You know Scape is famous for their nature-based weaponry and armor. People often look too much at its ornate nature and completely forget to mention that their effectiveness which is great mind you," Elisia explained, browsing through the items until she found a rapier covered in cloth. She removed it and admired the blade, her eyes glistening. "Oh what a glorious weapon!" She hoped it didn't seem too odd for a princess to get so excited over a rapier.
Masquerade
Masquerade
Eternal Dreamer
Eternal Dreamer

Back to top Go down

Post by Silver Thu Apr 09, 2015 10:42 am

"Ay, princess," Silv asserted, giving Elisia a curt nod of affirmation. He could not help the smile that crossed over his face when she found the rapier he had purchased. "Dun know if ya can tell, but et's got sum serious magic bound to et, he added with a smirk. Without looking, however, his focus locked onto Natsumi––the little firestarter seemed to be handling the broth okay.

The thief certainly hoped she would know her limitations; although he knew not the time she spent without nourishment in that cell, he could clearly tell the girl had not eaten in months. Correcting the damage would take a long time. Slow and steady. That's how it had to be handled.
Silver
Silver
Prince of Dreams
Prince of Dreams

Back to top Go down

Post by Ziolang Mon Apr 13, 2015 7:55 am

A vibrant tinge of pinkish red flushed across the scribe's face as Vivian took hold of his hands and thanked him with vigor. "No problem at all..." He added, a little too late as the girl was already running off, the ribbon in her hair matching beat with the edges of her skirt as she went. Nest watched her go, gulping down a "well that just happened" before turning back the way he had come. A bit dazed, he didn't really recall getting back to the entrance, nor had he really realized how he got back to the streets.

He turned a corner just in time to see Aeria and the one of royalty enter the abandoned safehouse. Successfully awoken from his funk, he followed after them, getting there just in time for the door to close followed by the clicking sound of the lock. He sighed. Too slow. He gave a gentle rap on the worn door, feeling a little embarrassed for getting locked out but trying not to show it.
Ziolang
Ziolang
Cat Napper

Back to top Go down

Post by Masquerade Thu Apr 23, 2015 2:22 pm

Elisia gave the air a few jabs with the rapier. It was so light and definitely suffused with magic. It felt as if she could strike several times per second. So easy to wield, and so fluid at that! Oh yes, this was definitely one of the best weapons she had been privileged to hold. "There is no doubt about it. I can feel the mana locked within the weapon. Enchanted. I'd presume it is wind mana. I can feel it," the princess explained, putting the rapier up before she accidentally poked someone's eye out. It was at that point that she heard a gentle tapping on the door. With a smile, she strode over to it and opened it revealing a rather embarrassed-looking Nest standing there. "Why hello, come on in," she said warmly, ushering the fellow inside before closing the door once more and locking it. The street outside near the building looked rather empty; that was always a good thing.

Aeria was already beginning to prep the food she was going to serve for dinner. She figured baked chicken with a tangy garlic and onion sauce would make for a good main dish. Some rice with carrots, broccoli, and garden peas mixed in for a side, along with a fettuccine dish with alfredo sauce would make for good additions. The market had some fresh fruit she picked up: blueberries, strawberries, and cantaloupe that she would prepare. She figured she would bake some biscuits from scratch as well. For dessert she picked out an assortment of donuts from the bakery; that would be the only thing she wouldn't cook. She already had a lot on her hands as it was.

"Nest, how did you like Scape? With your profession I would assume this place would cater specially to your interest," Aeria pried, a smile on her face as she preheated the oven and began to season and sauce the chicken.
Masquerade
Masquerade
Eternal Dreamer
Eternal Dreamer

Back to top Go down

Post by Ziolang Mon Apr 27, 2015 6:49 pm

Nest offered a gentle "thank you" as he stepped inside. Looking around he noticed several new items that evidently the others had acquired. Trying not to pry into what he assumed did not belong to him, he moved to pass them by. Aeria was fussing over meal preparation, so perhaps he could help. But then he noticed the pen laying among the rest. It took no time at all for him to perceive the magical quality of the object. Who here would purchase an enchanted pen?

Aeria spoke, taking the scribes attention. "It is a beautiful place." He responded with true sincerity. "One could spend a lifetime here." He stepped fully into the kitchen and proffered his service in any way he could. "I met an artisan at the the Hold. I apologize for the inconvenience but I offered my service in acquiring items for this individual." He wasn't entirely sure why he was being vague about Vivian, but no point in ending now. "Some flowers from the Valdeer Highlands."
Ziolang
Ziolang
Cat Napper

Back to top Go down

Post by Zerifachias Mon Apr 27, 2015 7:33 pm

Natsumi sniffed at the soup in her frail hands. It smelled of warm garlic and butter. She had been drinking it very slowly, she knew how limited her body was when it came to food. Feeling a little brave, Natsumi plucked a small chunk of meat out of the thermos and gnawed on it. It made her jaw hurt from the effort, but she kept at it until she felt like she could swallow it. Once she did, she immediately followed it with another drink of the broth.

Natsumi coughed a little and shook her head in disgust. She wouldn't be doing that again anytime soon. She blinked once and looked up, seeing that someone else had come in. The nice ladies were here now. So was some guy Natsumi didn't know. Was he a nice or a mean guy? Natsumi couldn't tell, he seemed more out of place here than the others for some reason. Natsumi blinked again, the golden fire in her eyes watching the others. She did not speak, she could not speak. The effort would put her to sleep with the broth working on her stomach.

She only watched. A pair of golden eyes staring unflinchingly at the ones who were nearby.
Zerifachias
Zerifachias
Totes-Mcgoats
Totes-Mcgoats

Back to top Go down

Post by Masquerade Sun May 03, 2015 7:45 pm

Aeria saw Nest's intentions and wasted no time in allowing him to help. She figured she'd let him work on washing and prepping the vegetables and fruit while she worked on the rice and chicken. The dinner would be done in no time with some assistance. She listened to him mention an artisan with a request. Did the scribe make a friend that quickly in this location? It was no surprise to her. She smiled warmly but a distressing thought crossed her mind about the situation.

"I don't mind doing that request since we'll be in the Valdeer Highlands anyway," she mentioned lightly but she made it obvious that there was more--a caveat. "The only problem is that we're going on a one-way no backtracking trip. We won't be able to physically come back to Scape for some time." She took a moment and closed her eyes to think, reaching a solution rather quickly. "We could always make use of the postal service. We just have to be very discreet about it. I don't think that the knights would be monitoring the mail--they most likely figured we were working alone, and we are, sadly. But in the case that they are, we don't want to give away our location. Some flowers from a handsome beau to his guy or gal friend would be totally normal," she joked with a chuckle, refraining from nudging him in the arm because she knew he was working with the food.
Masquerade
Masquerade
Eternal Dreamer
Eternal Dreamer

Back to top Go down

Post by Ziolang Thu May 14, 2015 7:02 am

The scribe mentally chastised himself for his foolishness. Of course it would be a one way trip, their errand was of dire import! Why had that not come to mind when asked? He could just as easily have responded that Vivian's request would be impossible due to the nature of their journey. Well, nothing to be done now but hope the postal option will be a successful ploy. Being so caught up in his self-reprimanding and his tasks in food preparation, he hardly noticed Aeria's teasing, although the pink tinge quickly dancing across his face before being stifled away would show he had heard.

Nest continued his work in quiet, staying focused while trying not to think of his near blunder. Not realizing it, a poem- a song- had come to him and which he sang softly as he worked. His graceful tone fell in with the tune in a way one would could tell he was very familiar; keeping well with the notes and rhythm.

"In the breaking of the rising dawn
There's a herald's summer song
Calmly cheering
Softly steering
Beckons all who hear to carry on.

With the sinking of the falling sun
There's a watchful choral throng
Filling sunlight
Catching moonlight
Beckons all who hear to carry on.

Hm-hmm hm-hmmmmm
Hm-hm hmm-hm-hm hmmmmm