Eternal Dream
Would you like to react to this message? Create an account in a few clicks or log in to continue.

Eternal Dream: Abyss Of The Lost

2 posters

Page 5 of 5 Previous  1, 2, 3, 4, 5

Go down

Eternal Dream: Abyss Of The Lost - Page 5 Empty Re: Eternal Dream: Abyss Of The Lost

Post by Masquerade Mon Aug 01, 2016 4:48 pm

"Saffron."

So it turned out that Saffron had awaited them from within the estate and chanced an encounter outside instead. What a warm welcome he had presented, but who could have guessed who he really turned out to be?

Ruby ignored the squabbling with Genevieve. That girl really was oblivious. Despite this bandit being an absolutely vulgar piece of garbage, Ruby still felt sorry for him. His story was a very real one. This was the life he had chosen, but Ruby wasn't going to be having any of that thieving nonsense.

"Your rogue banditry days are over," Ruby concluded after remaining rather silent in thought. "My wishes for you are to go to Aequinoctium and try to actually make a decent living for yourself. With your...talents, you could probably bag some valuable resources for the hamlet. You should go to the tavern there and see what a man named Raul might need you for. You can keep your crassness and all the particular things that make you such a lovely person but at least you'll be working for a good cause."

"Your alternative is to run away from everything and keep doing what you're doing, but I swear by all that his damned in this world, which happens to be quite a bit, that next we cross blades, mine will rend your body into pieces. Understood?"
Masquerade
Masquerade
Eternal Dreamer
Eternal Dreamer

https://eternaldream.forummotion.com

Back to top Go down

Eternal Dream: Abyss Of The Lost - Page 5 Empty Re: Eternal Dream: Abyss Of The Lost

Post by Vergil Fri Aug 05, 2016 3:28 am

(Ruby has spared Randolph! Piety gained.)

"Actual work? Tavern?" Randolph reiterated for clarity. "Well why didn't you say so before?! Now you're speakin' my language! Shoot, if you told me I could make money while gettin' tanked up, I woulda turned against them like Aunger, too! I'll see myself out... before you change your mind." Randolph bowed and climbed out of the window from which his group entered, and headed towards the hamlet. "What a strange man," Genevieve remarked, unsure of what just happened. Her focus then shifted towards the new recruit of the team. Aunger, feeling Genevieve's stare, spoke to address any concerns she had..

"Erm... yes?"

"So... you are Sir Aunger?"

"That would be correct. And you are?"

"Genevieve Tydris, duchess of House Tydris."

"Well met, Lady Tydris."

"Genevieve will do just fine, I've quickly learned that the people of this town aren't much for proper formalities.

"I... see. Is there anything I can do for you, Genevieve?"

"Well if you wouldn't mind indulging what exactly is your relation to Lady Kristeva and what was it that compelled you to join us so? I'm a bit of a curious-type, you see."

"That's putting it mildly," Movak interjected.

"Ahem. Feel free to answer of your own accord - that is, if you are any more of a riveting conversationalist than Movak here is. If you do not wish to speak on the matter, than I shall not force it upon you."

"It's alright, I don't mind. Back during my trials to knighthood, I had encountered Kristeva living in the Arctic Weald, where she saved me from the cold. I shared stories with her of the great knights of old. She was inspired by my tales and wished to be a knight as well. So I took her back to the academy where she would be trained, and once she passed her trials, we had fought alongside each other for quite some time. I owed her my life then, so I refused to raise a blade against her here."

"That... actually rouses quite a bit more questions. I always thought the Arctic Weald was completely uninhabited by human life, what was Lady Kristeva doing there? There had always been terrible rumors regarding that place, and most of those that venture there never return. I feel as though there is a significant portion to this tale that you are glossing over."

"Err... well... I believe we have a task at hand here, and I did not wish to waste your time with old anecdotes. I'm sure Lady Ruby does not wish us to dawdle any further. We should get moving. Perhaps we can discuss this some other time."

"Hmm..."

Episode One: Echoes

Music: Eyes of the Lorekeeper
Spoiler:

Objective: Find the Lorekeeper's memoirs.

Achievement: Fear of the Dark - Don't let Light Level fall below 25.

Dungeon Map:

{6}   {7}
{1}{2}{3}{4}{5}
      {8}   {9}

Room 2 Map:

Atmosphere: None

{ } { } { } { } { } {M} { } { } { } A
{ } { } { } { } {
R} { } { } { } { } B
{~} { } { } {
} { } { } { } { } {~} C
{ } { } { } {
} { } {K} { } { } { } D
{ } { } {
} {G} { } { } {A} { } { } E
-1---2---3---4---5---6---7---8---9

Light Level: 82/100

All Units:

Player Phase
Vergil
Vergil
Void Sleeper
Void Sleeper

Back to top Go down

Post by Masquerade Sat Aug 06, 2016 12:48 pm

Ruby move to B8.

Ruby watched as the man scurried out the window, more than pleased with Ruby's ultimatum. He wasn't that bad of a man after all. To think he was actually looking for honest work, even if he was nabbing a bit of extra on the side. He'd wind up being a great asset to the hamlet with that kind of work ethic and motivation. Their chance encounter turned out to be a blessing in disguise. A little light in this dismal place.

Ruby listened in on Aunger's tale as she made her way to the next area.

"I'll admit I'm intrigued too, but Sir Aunger is right. It would be best that we do not dawdle. Remember our locale. Not exactly the best place to stand and have idle conversation. We need to keep moving."
Masquerade
Masquerade
Eternal Dreamer
Eternal Dreamer

Back to top Go down

Post by Vergil Sun Aug 07, 2016 6:33 am

A reload is 1/6th prepared!

Genevieve regains 1 NMP.

The party advances forward.

Spoiler:

Dungeon Map:

{6}   {7}
{1}{2}{3}{4}{5}
      {8}   {9}

Room 2 Map:

{ } { } { } { } { } { } { } { } {M} A
{ } { } { } { } { } { } { } {R} { } B
{~} { } { } { } { } { } { } { } {~} C
{ } { } { } { } { } { } { } { } {K} D
{ } { } { } { } { } { } {G} { } {A} E
-1---2---3---4---5---6---7---8---9

Light Level: 79/100
-Enemy Accuracy +5%, Party Accuracy -5%
-Enemy Crit +3%, Party Crit +1%

All Units:

Player Phase

"So be it. I know by now that there's no point in fighting you on such matters. Though I do hope you will make time for discussion, Lady Ruby. I'd more than like to know more about this land you said you came from, as well as its customs."
Vergil
Vergil
Void Sleeper
Void Sleeper

Back to top Go down

Post by Masquerade Sat Aug 20, 2016 9:03 am

"Of course, Genevieve, but we'll talk about that in time just make sure to stay on your guard while we're here," Ruby advised. They could walk and talk but they had to remain wary. It would be essential to their survival. She didn't know what was up ahead, but it was best to be prepared.

Ruby moves to C9.

It's time to advance.
Masquerade
Masquerade
Eternal Dreamer
Eternal Dreamer

Back to top Go down

Post by Vergil Tue Aug 23, 2016 2:22 pm

A reload is 1/6th prepared!

Genevieve regains 1 NMP.

Room 3 entered.

Upon entering the next room, the party would find themselves in the atrium of the manor, doors on each side. Standing in front of the door in the back was a stone statue of a figure. The head was missing as if it were cut off, and its right arm is placed over the heart, with the other arm extended outwards with an open palm. For whatever reason, St. Safira's Charm seems to be glowing rather brightly despite there being no presence of unholy creatures.

Spoiler:

Dungeon Map:

{6}   {7}
{1}{2}{3}{4}{5}
      {8}   {9}

Room 2 Map:

{M} { } {~} { } { } A
{
K} { } { } { } { } B
{~} {R} { } {?} {~} C
{
A} { } { } { } { } D
{
G} { } {~} { } { } E
-1---2---3---4---5

Light Level: 76/100
-Enemy Accuracy +5%, Party Accuracy -5%
-Enemy Crit +3%, Party Crit +1%

All Units:

{~} - Exit
[Occupy to enter]
{?} - Statue
[Interact, No Occupy]
>Use item
>Destroy

Player Phase

St. Safira's Charm is glowing brightly.
Vergil
Vergil
Void Sleeper
Void Sleeper

Back to top Go down

Post by Masquerade Wed Sep 21, 2016 3:04 pm

"Well this is lovely."

Ruby glanced at the charm. Someone wasn't exactly too happy about what was apparently in here with them. But with nothing apparent in sight, what else was there to do? Ruby eyed the statue--yeah she wasn't getting anywhere near that thing at the moment, granted it was so inviting with its open palm. She was tempted to shake its hand but thought better of it. It was best to leave it be for now.

Besides, even better than strange statues were the myriad of doors to enter. She decided to take stock on her allies' opinions.

"Anyone have any particular direction they wish to go? What does your intuition tell you, pray tell?" Ruby inquired as she gazed at each door wishing that her ability was strong enough to see through each one.

Ruby waits, and is not getting near that fucking statue yet.
Masquerade
Masquerade
Eternal Dreamer
Eternal Dreamer

Back to top Go down

Post by Vergil Wed Sep 21, 2016 3:56 pm

"These doors all look the same to me," Genevieve answered, examining the room. "I must say this house is very oddly constructed. Aren't homes usually built in the shape of a box with the majority of the rooms connected to each other so that one can easily traverse to their destination? This entire time it seems as though we've been traveling down one unnecessarily long hallway."

"Perhaps the owner preferred the extra exercise. Though the old barracks back in Ulwick was similar, having wide expanding hallways so that the traffic wouldn't take too much space. Could there have been multiple people going through this manor at a time? Aunger brought up.

"It's doubtful," Movak added. "The Lorekeeper seemed to be a very private person, it's unlikely he had many guests. Just look how far out we had to travel to get here. If you want my opinion, I doubt it matters which door we go through. Each door could lead us to what we need to find, but we aren't going to know by just standing here. I'd say search out the sides, and if we don't find anything, press forward."

"I see... Aunger considered his point. "This may be a little late, but I do not believe I have gotten your name yet."

"Movak."

"Ah, I will remember it. Movak, if I may ask, why do you not wear a shirt?"

"Oh, here we go," Genevieve rolled her eyes. Movak shot a glare that looked like it would burn a hole through Aunger's head if he focused hard enough.

"...Sir Aunger," Kristeva addressed him.

"Yes, Dame Kristeva?"

"Bad."
Vergil
Vergil
Void Sleeper
Void Sleeper

Back to top Go down

Post by Sponsored content

Sponsored content

Back to top Go down

Page 5 of 5 Previous  1, 2, 3, 4, 5