Eternal Dream
Would you like to react to this message? Create an account in a few clicks or log in to continue.

Eternal Dream: Abyss Of The Lost

2 posters

Page 4 of 5 Previous  1, 2, 3, 4, 5  Next

Go down

Eternal Dream: Abyss Of The Lost - Page 4 Empty Re: Eternal Dream: Abyss Of The Lost

Post by Vergil Sun May 01, 2016 11:50 pm

Challenge: Diverging Paths

Objective: Defeat Saffron. (The battle will end if Ruby reaches Death's Door, but the story will progress regardless of the battle's outcome)

Atmosphere: None

Achievement: Bleed, Fucker, Bleed - Defeat Saffron with Bleed damage.

Music: Destined Rivalry
Spoiler:

{-} {-} {-} {x} {-} {-} {-}A
{ } { } { } {S} { } { } { }B
{ } { } { } { } { } { } {  }C
{ } { } { } { } { } { } { }D
{ } { } { } { } { } { } { }E
{ } { } { } { } { } { } { }F
{ } { } { } { } { } { } { }G
{ } { } { } { } { } { } { }H
{-} {-} {-} {-} {-} {-} {-}I
-1---2---3---4---5---6---7

Light Level:∞/100

Participants:

{x} - Door
{-} - Wall
[No Occupy]

Ruby may start in rows G-H.

"The name's Saffron. Saffron Sangria," the man introduced, readying himself for combat. "Just so you can tell everyone in your homeland who sent you back." Though Ruby had agreed to fight Saffron one-on-one, Genevieve found the situation to be implausible to their quest. "Just what is she doing? We shouldn't be fighting other people!" she protested. "Apparently she has something to prove," Movak shrugged, as he himself was curious what both combatants were truly capable of. "What if she loses? We may end up returning back to the hamlet before we even step foot back in the manor! We should at least help her fight this scoundrel!"

Kristeva then voiced her opinion. "Lady Ruby has already agreed to fight alone. We must not interfere so she retains her integrity as the Ambassador. A dishonest champion is unworthy and unfit to inspire the people. The people will look to her for hope, and so we must place our hope in her."

"But I-"
"No."
"We still-"
"No."
"Kristeva, plea-"
"No."
Vergil
Vergil
Void Sleeper
Void Sleeper

Back to top Go down

Eternal Dream: Abyss Of The Lost - Page 4 Empty Re: Eternal Dream: Abyss Of The Lost

Post by Masquerade Mon May 02, 2016 12:35 am

Ruby starts in G4.

"Seeing as how you've been creeping on me since I arrived here, you must already know my name is Ruby Red. You know, if you weren't such an asshole we might actually be able to get along well, but when you first meet a person and start talking garbage about them to their face, you tend to ruin a potentially good relationship with them. My only regret is that you've pushed me to the point of vulgarity."
Masquerade
Masquerade
Eternal Dreamer
Eternal Dreamer

https://eternaldream.forummotion.com

Back to top Go down

Post by Vergil Mon May 02, 2016 1:04 am

Objective: Defeat Saffron. (The battle will end if Ruby reaches Death's Door, but the story will progress regardless of the battle's outcome)

Spoiler:

{ } { } { } {R} { } { } { }G

Participants:

{x} - Door
{-} - Wall
[No Occupy]

Player Phase 1

"As if I'd ever want to be friends with a disappointment like you. Sorry you're so hurt by hearing the truth. The simple fact is that Aequinoctium deserves better than you, but like I said, here's your chance to shut me up."
Vergil
Vergil
Void Sleeper
Void Sleeper

Back to top Go down

Post by Masquerade Mon May 02, 2016 3:39 pm

"I'm not hurt by it. More annoyed at the fact that I was already aware of it and did not need a dim reminder from an upstanding horse's ass."

Ruby moves to D4.

Ruby attacks Saffron! Folding Grip enhances the attack! 8 Dmg! (ATK)
---Quick Action Shot fired! 5 Dmg! (ATK) [1 Ammo consumed]

Ruby dashed forth and swung her scythe as she would her naginata and received perfect results in terms of movement, and with her hand on the trigger, she was able to fire a bullet at the time of her slash for more damage. That was certainly handy.
Masquerade
Masquerade
Eternal Dreamer
Eternal Dreamer

Back to top Go down

Post by Vergil Wed May 04, 2016 12:38 am

Saffron avoided the attack!

Saffron takes 2 damage! Critical!

Spoiler:

{ } { } { } {R} { } { } { }D

Participants:

{x} - Door
{-} - Wall
[No Occupy]

Enemy Phase 1

Saffron's Controversial Hero gains a charge! (1/3)

Saffron deftly moved away from the scythe's blade but was caught by the shot from its barrel. In truth he was not expecting her scythe to also function as a firearm, but it was something he would not be caught off-guard by again. If this was the game she wanted to play, then he would be sure to show off a few tricks of his own. He twisted a throttle on the hilt of his weapon, causing a propellant to inject a surge of Mana through the blade. Lines began to appear and glow like veins within the sword, and as Saffron swung it, it began to move rapidly and in peculiar fashion as if it were the one guiding his hand.

Saffron moves to C-4.

Saffron uses Psychic Blade Link on Ruby with Mana Propellant! 8 + 7 Atk Dmg x 3!

Ruby takes 4 damage!

Ruby takes 3 damage!

Ruby takes 4 damage!

Ruby takes 3 damage!

Ruby takes 4 damage!

Ruby takes 3 damage!

Saffron's Aura Rhythm advances forward.

{ } { } { } { } { } { } { }B
{ } { } { } {S} { } { } {  }C
{ } { } { } {R} { } { } { }D

Participants:

{x} - Door
{-} - Wall
[No Occupy]

Player Phase 2

"Blame your ineptitude. You were never cut out to lead anyone," Saffron continued to condescend. "Just what exactly do they see in you? What could possibly be so special about you, that would make you a hero of this land? Whatever it is, you had best show me. Every passing second I look at you, I see someone more and more unworthy to carry that scythe. So... ready to give up? Not too late to pack your bags and go home. This is no place for someone as incompetent as you. Just consider yourself lucky it's me who will make you see this truth, and not one of those creatures of the night. At least this way, you can still live to tell of your failings. I'm not all talk you know; I'm very sure you can see that for yourself. You want to keep insisting on being stubborn, and I may just put you down myself."
Vergil
Vergil
Void Sleeper
Void Sleeper

Back to top Go down

Post by Masquerade Wed May 04, 2016 4:18 pm

Ruby moves to G4.

Ruby dashed back and skidded to a halt, raising her hand causing a beautiful reddish aura to surround her. It would mend her wounds in time, and she wasn't worried about any magic from this fellow.

Ruby uses Ruby Gleam! [Bestows Reflect][Bestows Regen]

MP: 10/15

"You know if I didn't have this stubborn streak, that would be the moment I wasn't cut out for this task. If you aren't stubborn, how the hell can you deal with the trials this task presents? Oh wait, I forgot you're Mister Big Shot who wasn't picked out to be the hero when he clearly should have been. Sorry you have your own issues, but I have a town to save."
Masquerade
Masquerade
Eternal Dreamer
Eternal Dreamer

Back to top Go down

Post by Vergil Fri May 06, 2016 3:30 am

A reload is 1/6th prepared!

Spoiler:

{ } { } { } {S} { } { } { }C

Participants:

{x} - Door
{-} - Wall
[No Occupy]

Enemy Phase 2

Saffron's Controversial Hero gains a charge! (2/3)

Saffron waits.

Saffron gains +2 MP (Crude Core)

Saffron's Aura Rhythm advances forward.

{ } { } { } {S} { } { } { }C

Participants:

{x} - Door
{-} - Wall
[No Occupy]

Player Phase 3

Saffron scoffed and turned his head away, putting his sword away back in its sheath. "You just don't get it, do you? If only you knew. In another time, in another place, I was chosen to be a hero. I was given the title of Ambassador, just like you. I was naive and brash, just like you. They called to me, and pleaded for my help. So I answered. I wanted to save everyone, just like you. And you know what else? I HAD A TEAM, JUST LIKE YOU." The look of utter pain and mental anguish became visibly etched into his face as he looked down at the dirt where he stood. "There's a reason... that I stand before you alone. You're a tactician, aren't you? You try and you try your damnedest to make sure every decision you make is the best one, and ensure you pull through without casualties... Heh... I bet you feel pretty damn good about yourself when the plan in your head all comes together. But there comes a time when you're faced with an ultimatum you never saw coming, and then you're left with choices you don't want to make. It's a terrible burden, having the lives of those who depend on you in your hands. The townspeople will call you 'hero' and cheer your name, but they'll never know of the sacrifices you have to make. Is it really a victory when it came at the cost of your friends? The people you shared your best and worst moments with - from the crucial times you've been there for them, watching them grow into stronger people... to the more quiet and mundane nights you've shared idle conversations with them by the cloudy beach, laughing while you all wondered what the next day would bring. I thought it was the precious seconds like those that I was fighting for, but it was all for nothing. Every excursion took more from us than we could ever get back, while the civilians carried on about their lives like the true terror wasn't out there... maybe it was too painful not to pretend."

Music: The Broken Ones
Spoiler:

"In all honesty, I thought this was just going to be some fun adventure when I first set out. I thought I was going to be some hero befriending people from all walks of life fighting for one goal. Had I known what I was in for down the road, I wouldn't have bothered. You think just having a hard head is all it takes to press on through this hell? No. You may not care what happens to yourself, but eventually you come to realize your mistake. You get attached, and you become invested in the lives of your comrades. Do you understand how much more excruciating it becomes when you watch them tossed onto a pile as another corpse for the pyre? It never gets any easier. It's not a soul that's kind and compassionate that's fit for this line of work... but instead it's going to take someone who's absolutely detached and heartless; somebody that can stomach the trauma."

"There was three others with me. Florian, Anais, and Marina. Marina was a young girl from the plains, and with her bow, she promised to help create a brighter world that her parents never could have had. Well... promises are just empty words that we fool ourselves into thinking that they mean something. After an exhausting skirmish in a fiend-infested ruins, she was caught in the business end of a spike trap. Her insides were pouring out of her, and as I held her hand I could feel her growing colder. All I could do... was lie. I looked her dead in the eyes and promised her she was going to be alright. She smiled at me once last time, but deep down she knew she was done for. She was gone before we could even make it back to town. What good that promise did her. Anais and Florian? Well they were both taken from in the same night. Anais was a singer back in her hometown, and she had a voice that would be the envy of any songbird. She saw the work I was doing and decided she wanted to make a difference too - and I blame myself for letting her come with me. We were fighting for our lives in a lair of mad cultists who were kidnapping villagers for their sacrifices. With the final blow struck on their leader, he used the last ounce of his strength to try and throw one last spell at me. Anais pushed me out of the way and got hit by the venomous curse. The beautiful voice that once lit up the theaters were now singing her own requiem of agonizing screams and bloody murder. I'll always remember every last detail of it all."

Saffron held his hands out in front of him and pretended as if he were grasping at a person's neck. "'No more pain. I promise. No more pain'," he recited, choking back tears as he relived the memory. "At least this time I kept that promise. All I could do for her was put her out of her misery, watching the life drain from her eyes until she went silent, and her voice became forever lost to the world. With only two of us left, those... things thought it would be an opportune moment to strike, and they ambushed us in the dead of the night. We weren't going to win, even though I vowed to stay by Florian until the end. The look in his eyes told me he was already dead inside as he quirked a hollow smile and told me to leave him so I could get away. Why did he give his life for me? Because I was some 'hero' chosen by destiny? Did he still cling to a hope that I would somehow save us all from this nightmare? Florian was the kindest man I had ever gotten the honor to know. This was a man who served as a simple cook who owned a pub. The kind of man that gave a former prisoner the chance no one else would and allowed him to work for him for a living. The kind of man that donated more gold than he should have to a family that had fallen on hard times, because the mother was giving birth to a new child and they knew they wouldn't be able to afford necessities otherwise. It should have been me instead; I should have never let him make that sacrifice. I looked for the chancellor, the one who sent me the letter in the first place. I wanted to ask him why I was summoned for this task and if I was really worthy of this undertaking. I found him in his room, hanging by a rope. I guess I had my answer."

At last, Saffron faced Ruby again. "I decided I had seen enough and left that town to fend for itself. In one week's time, it was already off of every newly printed map - and history had already forgotten its name. I can't go back to my own home, for I can only share tales of my defeat and shame. However, when I heard of a new Ambassador arriving in another town, I at least thought I could spare someone the consequences of repeating my mistake. I thought if I could humiliate you into leaving, you yourself could avoid this catastrophe... but I see I'm not getting through to you. As if I could simply just 'ask you nicely', you would return home without question. Ha... whatever 'courtesy' I had is now long gone, and an injured pride would be the least painful way for you to learn. Do you really think I'm just insulting you for the sheer fun of it? Hell, most of what I said I felt like I was saying to myself this entire time. Can you really do it? Do you think you'll be able to handle this burden? Remember that those that follow you are putting their lives in your hands; they have aspirations just like you do. It's one thing to die for a cause, but it's another to see your hopes, your dreams, and your story fade away in the tide. Will you be able to live with yourself if you see it all wasted?"

{Saffron is disengaging combat}
>Keep fighting
>Stop fighting

Last edited by Vergil on Wed May 11, 2016 6:17 pm; edited 1 time in total
Vergil
Vergil
Void Sleeper
Void Sleeper

Back to top Go down

Post by Masquerade Wed May 11, 2016 6:04 pm

>Stop fighting.

Ruby was thoroughly confused when Saffron sheathed his weapon, and though she did not know this man well, she retracted her own weapon as well. This was no ploy. It was not an ambush or a sleight. Ruby listened wholeheartedly to the tale that Saffron spoke, of him being an Ambassador as well. He spoke of his dreams and hopes for the future, and his allies that joined him on his quest. He spoke of the numerous tragedies that befell him and his comrades leading to their eventual deaths, and for Saffron to be all alone. All this time Ruby had colored this man as an insulting jealous asshole, but in reality he was a man turned bitter by the task that he could not complete, and out of the kindness of his heart, or perhaps something else, he came to warn her--to dissuade her from her course such that she would not wind up like him.

"Saffron...I understand where you're coming from, and you're right. It would probably be far easier to just up and leave and go back to my home where I might live the rest of my life working to keep my homeland safe as a master tactician, but...if I leave today, what will become of this place? The town itself might not be large, and now it's downright destroyed. But the people within it are very real, and the mercenaries fighting, regardless of their reason, are giving their all to end this place of its plight. And there may be some great evil here that proves insurmountable but I cannot stand idly by and let this place fade from the maps, history, and memory."

"From the moment I arrived and the caravan attacked I knew I would have to live as if every moment would be my last. I know full well that I am replaceable. There are many capable heroes back in my homeland. I'm surprised my lover, Quartz, was not chosen in my stead to come first. If I fall someone will take my place, but I don't intend to. This place has me in its grasp, Saffron. I'm already caught in a trap and there is no release for me. It has its failings but it has mostly made a good impression on me. I will not relent. Not now. Please forgive me."
Masquerade
Masquerade
Eternal Dreamer
Eternal Dreamer

Back to top Go down

Post by Vergil Sat May 14, 2016 5:31 pm

Saffron held his hand out forward as the gemstone in his vambrace turned into the color of a sardonyx, and an aura of the same color radiated from his being and channeled forth to Ruby. Within seconds, the aura's stream danced along with the aura Ruby had cast earlier, and her wounds rapidly healed until it was as if she had never been struck. "You've made your choice," Saffron acknowledged. "Let's hope it was the right one." The words struck a familiar chord as Keeper had said the exact same thing to Ruby the night they had fought the Flare Hounds. "Though I guess you really don't have much of a choice at all. You answered the letter, and like the rest of them you are now a part of this place. Try not to let their dying screams keep you up at night."

He looked down, burying half his face behind into the collar of his jacket as he walked past Ruby; hands in his pockets. As he stepped at the entryway of the iron gate, his head turned to his shoulder, looking back at Ruby from the side. "I will be around. And I will still be watching. Do not let me witness a repeat of my results." He then set off back onto the road and towards Aequinoctium, disappearing into the distance. The party then gathered around Ruby as to expect instruction; Kristeva was the one to ask about the subject of Ruby's well-being. "Ruby, are you alright? We can return back to the hamlet if you need time to treat your injuries."

"She looks fine," Movak responded, taking note of the fact that the wounds had healed entirely. "Let's not waste more time dawdling around. We still have work to do." Genevieve only sighed as she readied her staff for the creatures that would await.
Vergil
Vergil
Void Sleeper
Void Sleeper

Back to top Go down

Post by Masquerade Sun May 15, 2016 3:19 pm

Ruby made a solemn vow that day that she wouldn't wind up exactly like Saffron. He had lost the ones he loved and cared about, but Ruby would not make that mistake. She would not hold on to a feeling of self-importance. She would take her position as leader seriously, but she was no more or less expendable as her teammates. She had to ensure that they survived. Not only would Saffron surely be disappointed, but she would not be able to live with the guilt. Just as a novice tactician she was already responsible for more deaths than she cared to be, but she had not gotten to know those souls so well. And she did not know Genevieve or Kristeva or Movak all that well but there was bound to be a time where they would know each other all too well and then losing them would be like losing family. How long would they all truly survive?

Ruby shook her head. "Thank you, Kristeva, but I am unharmed...or at least now I am," she said with a light chuckle, trying to break free of the grim nature of the encounter she had just took part of. "Who would have thought there were others like me out there..." She paused and stood in silence for a few minutes that seemed to span an eternity as the manor loomed in front of them.

"Come along, comrades. We have work to do."
Masquerade
Masquerade
Eternal Dreamer
Eternal Dreamer

Back to top Go down

Post by Vergil Sun May 15, 2016 9:23 pm

Episode One: Echoes

Music: Eyes of the Lorekeeper
Spoiler:

Objective: Find the Lorekeeper's memoirs.

Achievement: Fear of the Dark - Don't let Light Level fall below 25.

Dungeon Map:

{6}   {7}
{1}{2}{3}{4}{5}
      {8}   {9}

Room 1 Map:

{M} { } { } { } { } { } { } { } { } A
{ } { } { } { } { } { } { } { } { } B
{~} { } { } { } { } { } { } { } {~} C
{K} { } { } { } { } { } { } { } { } D
{G} { } { } { } { } { } { } { } { } E
-1---2---3---4---5---6---7---8--9

Light Level: 100/100

All Units:

{~} - Exit
[Occupy to enter]

Ruby may start in columns 1-2.

So they had stepped foot once more into the contested territory that was the home now claimed by the dark denizens. Spirits were restless among the party, for they anticipated the dangers that would await them. Something bothered Genevieve, however, that caused her to voice her mind. "That Saffron person... he was quite the fighter. If a man like that couldn't have saved the people, then what exactly are we up against? I can't imagine the pain he felt when he lost his friends - I wish I could have seen what he was like before he set off on his journey."

"Such things are to be expected when carrying this burden. This isn't a pleasure trip nor is it some childish coming-of-age rite in which one sets out to simply 'find themselves'. These monsters play for keeps, so all manner of pleasantries and decorum are off the table. They cannot be reasoned with, nor do they feel the emotions that we do. They act upon their basic instincts and do so without remorse. You should do well to remember this," Movak chipped in.

"As if I couldn't figure that out for myself. It's not like I would have asked any of those disgusting heart abominations for a civil discussion over tea or anything! Do you think you trying to lecture me makes you my better? One moment you don't wish to talk to me, and the next, you feel the need to try and give me a life lesson! Well which is it? I grow tired of trying to figure you out, and I would much rather you be consistent on just how sociable you plan to be!"

"Ugh, remind me to never offer advice ever again."

Kristeva looked back at the two with tired, half-lidded eyes. Looks like things were going back to the way they were.
Vergil
Vergil
Void Sleeper
Void Sleeper

Back to top Go down

Post by Masquerade Sun May 15, 2016 10:01 pm

Ruby starts at D2.

"Come on, guys, don't start now. Movak, Genevieve is just empathizing with Saffron. Genevieve, Movak is just saying you can't really have expected this to be a heartfelt journey. Will we make warm memories? I certainly hope so. But nothing warm is going to come of you two arguing so buck up. Toss those hostile shells away and at least try to understand each other, yeah? We're a team before anything else. Remember that."

Ruby glanced down the way and noticed that it was still vacant. It looked like it was going to be a quiet walk to the next part of the manor but she kept her wits about her, not letting her guard down for a moment.
Masquerade
Masquerade
Eternal Dreamer
Eternal Dreamer

Back to top Go down

Post by Vergil Sun May 15, 2016 11:09 pm

Spoiler:

Dungeon Map:

{6}   {7}
{1}{2}{3}{4}{5}
      {8}   {9}

Room 1 Map:

{K} {R} { } { } { } { } { } { } { } D
{G} { } { } { } { } { } { } { } { } E

Light Level: 100/100

All Units:

{~} - Exit
[Occupy to enter]

"Funny you should say that. You're actually the one we should be getting to understand before anyone else. Only natural to want to know who one is following, right?" Movak made a point. "Just who are you anyway? You aren't of this realm; what made you decide to become the Ambassador? What made you care about the plight of a town that was absolutely nowhere near your home, let alone your own dimension?" For once, Genevieve concurred with Movak. "That is quite valid. If there are really more like you out there, then just about anyone else could have been offered to become an Ambassador. You do have tactical background, or so you claim, but surely that cannot be all there is to it. Why do you think you were chosen to lead us?"

Movak continued on. "Now I am rather curious, despite the claim I made before that I wasn't interested in knowing you. It may be in my best interest to know just who I'm taking orders from. In return, I'll even let you ask me anything you'd like. I would say that's fair."

The party is awaiting Ruby's lead.
Vergil
Vergil
Void Sleeper
Void Sleeper

Back to top Go down

Post by Masquerade Sat May 21, 2016 12:14 pm

"I appreciate your skepticism, Movak, and honestly wouldn't expect anything less from you," Ruby replied nonchalantly. This was actually playing out exactly how she wanted. I mean, she was an open book. She had nothing to hide. Starting with her, they would get to know each other. They just needed this one spark to get them going, and in turn she would come to understand them and what their motivations and personalities truly were.

"I could be just leading you all like a pied piper into the depths of oblivion, but I assure you that is not the case," Ruby explained and cleared her throat as she continued on.

Ruby moves to D5.

"The land I come from is currently plagued by ruthless tyrants, and the one that has claimed the throne most recently is the most dangerous by far. I work with an organization known as the Rebellion Force, a large army of extraordinary people aiming to depose the current queen, Nara, and restore balance to the realm. I came here because I felt myself not ready for the task. I was to command this army as master tactician, and yet, against the reassurances of my lover and the leader of the RF, I felt myself inadequate to perform the job. I needed more experience, in battle and in strategy. Soon after that I received the letter to come here, asking for my help. The plight was intriguing and it was a chance to test my mettle. I mentioned it before to someone else I believe, but if I could not aid this town then what chance did I stand against Nara and her magical might. How would I be able to make a difference and release my homeland from her wretched grasp? True be it that when I first came here, it was just as a test, but now that I have seen what has become of this place, my heart is in it fully. Perhaps someone saw my wish to test myself and presented me with this opportunity seeing potential in my heart? I haven't the slightest idea, but I'm hoping it is one mystery that I might happen to unravel on the course of this journey."

There was still a lot about this situation with Aequinoctium that Ruby didn't understand, and she had done well to not admit it so far but it was truly bothering her. Things had just begun but she had to triumph over this manor. There were sure to be notes and clues within. The Lorekeeper, though deceased, remained an important key in this mystery, and even in death was sure to provide some answers, one way or another.
Masquerade
Masquerade
Eternal Dreamer
Eternal Dreamer

Back to top Go down

Post by Vergil Sun May 22, 2016 8:33 pm

Spoiler:

Dungeon Map:

{6}   {7}
{1}{2}{3}{4}{5}
      {8}   {9}

Room 1 Map:

{ } { } { } {M} { } { } { } { } { } A
{ } { } { } {K} {R} { } { } { } { } D
{ } { } { } {G[} { } { } { } { } { } E

Light Level: 97/100

All Units:

{~} - Exit
[Occupy to enter]

The party advances forward.

Movak's leering suspicions only seem to grow from what Ruby had to tell him, raising his concern. "I've never heard of this Queen Nara. The land you hail must be far away... very far away. Too far for this town to concern just any ordinary tactician. And this letter you said you received, was it from the very same man that once owned this house? I'm assuming you don't know of his reputation in this town. Many people believe him to be responsible for the creatures showing up, and if rumors prove true, then he only called you here to clean up his mess. His dark research had riled up the attention of many, and before they could storm this manor themselves, word had gotten out that he had already died. Honestly, you would have been better off fighting a war against other humans. These monsters cannot be reasoned with, and they are driven purely by their own instincts, without regard for their own lives. A person like you... is the most unlikely to get themselves involved in an affair like this. There are many villages and kingdoms closer to Aequinoctium that could have provided any number of tacticians and veterans. It's safe to say that a good number of them have a vaster field of experience than someone leading a group for the first time. The Lorekeeper must see something very special in you... or he had gotten very desperate."
Vergil
Vergil
Void Sleeper
Void Sleeper

Back to top Go down

Post by Masquerade Sun May 22, 2016 10:36 pm

"The land is definitely very far away but you know nothing of Nara's evils. Even if the Lorekeeper's research had caused this whole mess it certainly wouldn't be too far above what Nara has done to the country and its people. I would hate to think I was some janitor cleaning up someone's mess, but you know, even if I was, someone's got to do it right? It's definitely not going to quell itself. At least I can go back with accolades if I make it back at all. But I'm starting to have a bit more faith in the matter."

"If that's satisfactory, I will ask what horrid chain of events led you to this place, Movak? I know it sure as hell wasn't glory, and coin doesn't seem to interest you all that much. It definitely isn't for the "good of the people"; that would be a joke. So what was it? You're so skeptical of me, but why are you here?"

Ruby moves to D8.
Masquerade
Masquerade
Eternal Dreamer
Eternal Dreamer

Back to top Go down

Post by Vergil Mon May 23, 2016 5:58 am

Spoiler:

Dungeon Map:

{6}   {7}
{1}{2}{3}{4}{5}
      {8}   {9}

Room 1 Map:

{ } { } { } { } { } { } {M} { } { } A
{ } { } { } { } { } { } {K} {R} { } D
{ } { } { } { } { } { } {G} { } { } E

Light Level: 94/100

All Units:

{~} - Exit
[Occupy to enter]

The party advances forward.

Music: Movak's Theme
Spoiler:
"I suppose it's about time I shared my history, since we're going to be in for the long haul. Before the monsters appeared, I grew up in the village of Ralyam, a small place that sat comfortably on the border between the kingdoms of Nilwe and Ashalyr. We were a simple mountain colony, making most of our commerce through mining. Tax collectors from both the noble houses of Nilwe and Ashalyr came to collect from our people, from time to time, taking what wasn't theirs. At first they only visited at the end of the month, but when our miners discovered one of the rare ores of legend, word got out and all hell broke loose. Nilwe and Ashalyr both sought full sovereign over Ralyam and a war was waged. Our village and the land around was the site of bloodshed and chaos, and I decided to put a stop to it myself."

"But what could one human hope to accomplish alone? In order to stop the armies of two kingdoms, I would need to acquire great power. I journeyed far until I met the fabled Witch of Star Sands in the Mirage Oasis, or as scholars jokingly refer to her as the 'Sand Witch'."

"You... found the Mirage Oasis? May I ask if you witnessed any... interesting creatures?"

"Aside from the witch herself? No. Why?"

"...No reason. My apologies for interrupting. You may continue."

"Hmph. Anyway, I made a deal with the witch. I gave her some of the legendary ore that my village had unearthed, and in exchange, I asked her to grant me power that no man could have... And I got just that. She took my words quite literally, and placed upon me the Beastmorph Curse, a powerful hex that made me transform into a chimera."

"I beg your pardon?! A what?!"

"You trying to have the entire denizens of this manor rush us all at once? Keep your voice down. If I am to be interrupted again, then I'll stop telling my story."

Genevieve became silent, although a tensing look came about her.

"It was a power beyond my own control, but it was enough. I returned to Ralyam and single-handedly drove both Nilwe and Ashalyr off our land, though there was much destruction in the process. My own people looked upon me with fear and censure, and even my own family came to disown me for what I had become. I was called many things... 'Monster'. 'Freak'. 'Scourge'. Those were just three of the kinder words used to describe me. I was exiled from my home, forced to live in the wild where even the groves of nature would twist away in the presence of the abomination that I had become. But it doesn't end there."

"One day, a game hunting party had arrived in the forest, where I was found by a nobleman. The Marquess of House Bilgrund came to me and offered to take me in to live in his estate. I had accepted what I thought was the hand of compassion and generosity, but the days that were to follow were the worst of my entire life. He had sentenced me to become his showcase for his own personal exhibit. I was forced to transform and perform tricks like a common circus act in front of the entire kingdom. I couldn't stand the humiliation, but I had no other choice. While the Marquess lined his pockets with the coin I had earned for him, I was left with bare scraps. I could not disobey him, or I would be beaten. I could not turn against him, for his own personal guard had their weapons trained on me should I have had ever thought to even think about ripping out his throat. They were nothing like the grunts that I had fought from Nilwe and Ashalyr - I knew I was outmatched. All these scars you see on me... are from him. I bare them out in the open to remind society the cruelty that it has visited upon me. I came to hate this curse that I had to live with, and I could no longer stand to live in House Bilgrund."

"If the Lorekeeper really is responsible for these creatures, then I suppose I actually have him to thank for my eventual escape. A horde of demons had one day found their way into the kingdom, and in the panic and chaos, I was able to make a break for freedom. I cared not where I was heading as long as it was far away from that sickening place, and soon I arrived in Aequinoctium. I know there will never be a place that will truly welcome me, and the only cure for this curse seems to be death. Signing on with Raul seemed to be the only solution left, as mercenary work tends not to care much about your background so long as you get the job done. I figured I could keep doing this until my body one day gives out for good and I am finally rid of this miserable existence. 'Helping for the good of the people' is just a convenient coincidence. Well... now you know. You know why I'm here, and why I can't stand those of so-called 'nobility'."

"We aren't all like that, you know."

"Ha. Sure. There may be a decent few, but I've come to take that as the exception and not the rule. Besides, you don't speak for all of them. You're still young, and the life of a noble is often behind walls. Just how much of the world have you really seen?"

"I may be young, but I am still an adult! And I've seen enough of the world to know that it needs my help! What about you? You said this... power of yours was beyond your control. How can we trust you? How can we expect to be safe, while someone like you is in our company? Up until now you wouldn't budge a word about yourself, as if you had something to hide. Now we learn that you transform into some sort of beast? How will we trust you to retain your senses? You must have been alone since you've been cursed, so you never had to worry about differentiating friend from foe."

"I performed tricks like a trained dog and had enough restraint not to turn against the Marquess. I believe I have enough sense not to attack you."

"We can never be too sure! There's no telling when you just might get carried away in the midst of combat! You shouldn't be traveling with us!"

"...You're looking at me just like they were. If it really bothers you that much, then why don't you be the one to put me down yourself?"

"I'm not about to kill a human being!"

"But you don't really see me as a human being, now do you? That look in your eyes tells me that you think I'm a monster, just like those other creatures. Well? If you really think you're up to the task of fighting them, why not start by seeing if you have the fortitude to kill me. I won't even fight back. Take your best shot."

"Y-You..."

"Or are you really just a scared little girl living in a world of your own fantasies? It's like what that Saffron said. About making decisions you don't want to make. If you really want to be a leader, and if you're really so threatened by me... then go ahead. DO IT."

"DON'T TEST ME. I'LL..."

Genevieve gripped tightly onto her staff and its end was already sparking with energy. As she raised it in the air, Kristeva grabbed Genevieve's weapon, stopping her from making any such decision.

"Enough. That's enough from the both of you. We're here to carry out what we were sent here to do, or have you both forgotten? Sir Movak. Do not throw away your life just to prove a petty point. You have a power that would be squandered if you wasted it on something so childish. And you, Lady Genevieve. We're not here to question the faith of our allies. Should Sir Movak really lose control to his curse, then I will personally task myself to be the one to protect you. You have absolutely nothing to fear. If both of you are going to stir so much animosity, then it would be better channeled in fighting our real enemies." In that moment, Kristeva's cardinal-hued eyes began to glow as her teeth bared. Within a split second, the glow faded as quickly as it came. "Now... I will hear no more of this. For your own sake, I would suggest that you both cease this hostility before I am the one to get angry."

Was Kristeva implying that she wasn't even in the slightest bit indignant? From the looks of things, she seemed as if she was ready to tear the both of them in half. Movak and Genevieve saw the look in her eyes and immediately backed down without protest - a single stare into her gaze at that moment was like looking into the sun, and here she was claiming that she had not yet tapped into her own vitriol. One could not even fathom what Kristeva would do when she really became furious, and a wise person would do well not to find out. Tensions had never been higher.

(Episode One of Movak's Story Questline has been unlocked. In order to take on the questline, speak to Movak outside of dungeons and ask more about him.)
Vergil
Vergil
Void Sleeper
Void Sleeper

Back to top Go down

Post by Masquerade Sat May 28, 2016 10:58 am

Ruby moves to C9.

Ruby was sure to listen intently to Movak's story of how he had apparently attained some frightening power they had yet to witness in full and how the people he had managed to save disowned him for that power when they could have accepted him as a savior and guardian. People were so weak-willed and weak-minded sometimes, giving in to fear instead of embracing reality. It was a sad tale, and to think that Movak had been through so much pain and torment made her understand completely why he was the way he was. To him, there wasn't much left to life but to die, but somewhere deep in her heart, Ruby hoped that she could change that.

It was then that Genevieve began arguing. What a shocker that was. It was true that not all nobles were like that; Ruby was from nobility and here she was risking her life to not only test her mettle, but truly save this town. Genevieve also brought up the fact that Movak might not be able to control himself but his point was extremely valid. He didn't do anything rash or reckless in captivity. That takes a lot of restraint especially when he so desperately wished to rend the bodies of his captors. This was all stupid and pointless, and she was about to speak up when Kristeva decided to take charge of the situation and end it promptly. Ruby had not seen her so fierce before. It was quite assuring. It seemed Kristeva would be able to quash any quarrel between those two. Ruby knew she did not want to see Kristeva angry.

"Well, I suppose that settles that. Thank you for sharing, Movak. It's...given me some insight. We're about to head to the next part so be on guard," Ruby advised.
Masquerade
Masquerade
Eternal Dreamer
Eternal Dreamer

Back to top Go down

Post by Vergil Sun May 29, 2016 11:32 pm

As the party arrived at the scene of their previous retreat, they would find the presence of not monsters, but men of banditry afoot in the estate. It seems as though more than rats and crows would find their way to this home, as this unruly lot have found their way in; possibly searching for the remains of the Lorekeeper's wealth. The moved about in sneaky fashion, but their voices could be heard in the distance.

"Oi, Randolph," one of them addressed another. "Can't believe we almost missed this place. Whoever lived here musta been loaded."

"Ya got a good eye on ya, Bolt," another voice responded. "We'll be filthy rich, by the time we pick this place clean."

"Oh, the things I could buy!" yet another one of the surly men spoke. "Ooh! Ooh! Randolph! I hear there's a nice ol' hamlet near this place. Can we go pillage it? Please?"

"Tell ya what, Durward," Randolph replied. "I'll let ya pillage as many towns as you want as long as you promise me you'll take a bath in one of them. Ya really stink, lad."

The fourth man was unlike the others, in that he was equipped in plate mail as opposed to the leather vests the others wore, and he mostly kept to himself. The man named Randolph chastised him for being distant. "Aunger, what's with ya? You haven't said a word for a good hour, and why are ya standin' over there for? Quit draggin' your feet and keep up, will ya?"

"Sorry, it's nothing," the armored man assured. "Something... doesn't feel right."

"We're bandits, remember?" Randolph stated. "If somethin' feels right, then we're definitely doin' somethin' wrong. You'd be dead without us, so you could at least show your gratitude by helpin' us loot."

"Yeah... I guess. Wait. Did it just get colder in here? I haven't felt a chill like this since... Hm. Randolph, in the distance, there's people."

"Eh? Looks like there's others that wanna claim all the coin for themselves! We can't have that! Aunger, be a good lad and lead the approach. We'll be right behind ya."

"Right..."

Spoiler:

Dungeon Map:

{6}   {7}
{1}{2}{3}{4}{5}
      {8}   {9}

Room 2 Map:

{ } { } { } { } { } { } { } { } {
R} B
{~} {R} { } { } { } { } { } { } {~} C
{K} { } { } { } { } { } {
A} { } {D} D
{G} { } { } { } { } {
} { } { } {B} E
-1---2---3---4---5---6---7---8---9

Light Level: 91/100

All Units:

{~} - Exit
[Occupy to enter]

Player Phase

Kristeva suddenly came to a halt, a weighty expression had overtaken her face. "Lady Ruby..." she called. "I feel... sorrow." A cold wind rushed in around them, the breeze flicking through Kristeva's hair, causing them to obscure sight of her melancholic eyes.
Vergil
Vergil
Void Sleeper
Void Sleeper

Back to top Go down

Post by Masquerade Fri Jun 24, 2016 7:55 pm

Kristeva changed just as suddenly as the air had, and Ruby figured there might be a connection between the two. "Riddle me this, from where does the sorrow come, Kristeva? Can you feel that?" Ruby kept her eyes trained on their foes. One of these things were certainly not like the other.

"Spare the armored one. Something doesn't feel right not to mention from a tactical standpoint, pounding away at him forever is only going to give the bandits free swipes at us. We need to take them out first," Ruby advised.

Ruby moves to B4.

Ruby waits.
Masquerade
Masquerade
Eternal Dreamer
Eternal Dreamer

Back to top Go down

Post by Vergil Sat Jun 25, 2016 8:11 pm

"There's just something I need to settle," Kristeva asserted, advancing forward without drawing her sword. There was a sense of uneasiness in her that could almost be felt by the party, and she would approach the enemy side without her blade ready in hand. "What is she doing?" Movak questioned, tempted to run after her and pull her back. "Why do you not take out your sword?" "Lady Kristeva, are you alright?" Genevieve followed up, sharing the concern. The both of them expressed signs of bewilderment, worry, and disapproval in turn, wanting an answer.

Kristeva would give them nothing. Not a single response as she refused to look back.

Kristeva moves to D-4.

Movak moves to A-4.

Genevieve moves to E-3.

Spoiler:

Dungeon Map:

{6}   {7}
{1}{2}{3}{4}{5}
      {8}   {9}

Room 2 Map:

{ } { } { } { } { } { } { } { } {
R} B
{~} { } { } {
R} { } { } { } { } {~} C
{ } { } { } {
K} { } { } {A} { } {D} D
{ } { } {
G} { } { } { } { } { } {B} E

Light Level: 88/100

All Units:

{~} - Exit
[Occupy to enter]

Enemy Phase

Randolph moves to B-6.

Durward moves to C-7.

Bolt moves to E-6.

Aunger moves to D-5.

"Sir Aunger."
"...Dame Kristeva."
"Why?"
"Dame Kristeva, you must leave this place."
"I cannot do that. Why is this happening, Sir Aunger? Why are you here? They had told me you died in that skirmish.
"As you can see before you, that is not the truth. I was captured and spared."
"...And in return you would have to serve them."
"I'm afraid so. Dame Kristeva, I do not wish to fight you. Please, you must leave-"
"I will not. Unlike you, I have a duty that I shall not abandon. I made a promise to Lady Ruby to fight by her side until the very end. You have abandoned king and country in cowardice."

Kristeva removed the sword from her sheath and showed it to Aunger.

"This was yours, don't you remember? I could not stop my tears when they handed me this. I thought your life was taken. Though we had fended off the horde of brigands, I felt it to be a hollow victory. I thought I was the last one alive."
"Dame Kristeva..."
"They held a parade in honor of the brave knights that fought to save the kingdom. Do you know the grief I felt when I marched through it alone? Sir Aunger, you were the reason I wished to become a knight in the first place. You were a man of honor, inspiring hope and virtue to the people. You were a man others would look up to, and you made me understand that being a knight stood for something. Perhaps I would have been better off if I continued the rest of my life believing you had died - what I see before me has undone the value of chivalry itself."
"I never wanted it to be this way..."
"Sir Aunger. If you have truly abandoned your ways, then it is my duty as a knight to apprehend an enemy of the code. Please, raise your sword and face me."

Aunger could not find it in himself to look Kristeva in the eyes, let alone raise a blade against her.

"...I can't."

Music: He Can't
Spoiler:

"What do you mean? You are fighting on behalf of those men, are you not? You stand in the way of our goals, and we in yours. As the law of battle dictates, a victor must be claimed."

Aunger refused, kneeling down before Kristeva in shame.

"Dame Kristeva, I surrender to you. I choose not to be your enemy."
"What is this?"
"Your words have struck truer than any blade. I have indeed lost my ways and have lived naught but a miserable life since my desertion. If I had only known the pain it would have wrought upon you then I would have rather died upholding the honor of the kingdom than live an empty life serving the savagery of the bandits. Dame Kristeva, my life is now yours. I beg of you to allow me to make this up to you. I wish to fight again by your side... if you will allow it. What will you have me do?"
"That is not a decision for me to make. I now fight under Lady Ruby's command. You will have to settle this matter with her."
"I see."

Aunger turned over to Ruby and knelt before her.

"Are you... Lady Ruby? I am Aunger Giffard, a former knight of Ulwick. I do not wish to fight you or your comrades. Will you instead let me fight for your cause?"

The bandits began looking at one another in confusion, not knowing what to make of the situation. "Hey Randolph, what's goin' on?" Bolt asked. "I don't know," Randolph responded. "But she better not be recruiting Aunger over to their sid-"

{ } { } { } { } { } {
R} { } { } { } B
{~} { } { } {
R} { } { } { } { } {~} C
{ } { } { } {
K} {A} { } {D} { } { } D
{ } { } {
G} { } { } {B} { } { } { } E

"MASQ DAMMIT, HE'S BLOODY BLUE UNIT NOW," Randolph shouted in disbelief. "Don't worry!" Bolt assured him. "I'll get that wench for stealin' one of ours!" Bolt gripped onto his axe and began charging forward, as Randolph tried to call out to stop him. "LAD, DON'T! YOU'VE ALREADY MOVED THIS TURN. YOU GOTTA WAIT UNTIL THE NEXT ENEMY PHASE BEFORE YOU CAN MOVE AGAIN." Bolt refused to listen, rushing ahead anyway. In an instant, a flash of lightning crashed through the roof of the manor and disintegrated Bolt into nothingness.

Bolt moves to E-4.

DIVINE JUDGMENT! Bolt has been deleted.

{ } { } { } { } { } {
R} { } { } { } B
{~} { } { } {
R} { } { } { } { } {~} C
{ } { } { } {
K} {A} { } {D} { } { } D
{ } { } {
G} { } { } { } { } { } { } E

Light Level: 88/100

All Units:

"NO! HE WAS JUST A BOY!" Randolph cried. "HE DIDN'T DESERVE THIS!" Durward had become furious. "Just they wait, we'll get 'em," Durward promised. "These surly wenches and their male courtesan are gonna pay for this!"

"Excuse me? I resent that remark!" Genevieve protested.
"Yes, how dare they call Genevieve a male courtesan," Kristeva added.
"KRISTEVA."
"Good to have you back, Kristeva."

Player Phase
Vergil
Vergil
Void Sleeper
Void Sleeper

Back to top Go down

Post by Masquerade Tue Jul 05, 2016 4:52 pm

"I was hoping that it would come down to this. I am Ruby, and it would be a great pleasure to have you assist us, Sir Aunger, under the exception that you will not disappoint Lady Kristeva in any way," Ruby acknowledged the man after witnessing the reunion that was taking place. She should have known they knew each other. Kristeva's initial reaction was enough to rouse suspicion.

The thieves seemed dismayed and one even attempted to act, but a bolt of lightning struck him where he stood and he was no more, astonishingly enough.

There are rules in place when it comes to battling. They are rules that are taken seriously and must be followed. Mind that you do not break any of these rules, Ruby.

Point taken.

Ruby moves to B5.

Ruby slashes Randolph! 8 Dmg! (ATK)
---Ruby chains Quick Act Shot! 5 Dmg! (ATK)

"Now that we have everything under control, let's eliminate these bandits. We'll make them wish they had been struck by lightning!"
Masquerade
Masquerade
Eternal Dreamer
Eternal Dreamer

Back to top Go down

Post by Vergil Wed Jul 06, 2016 6:41 pm

Randolph takes 5 damage! (Ruby)

Randolph takes 2 damage! (Ruby)

Movak moves to A-6.

Movak attacks Randolph! 5 Atk Dmg!

Randolph takes 2 damage! (Movak)

Aunger moves to E-7.

Aunger attacks Durward! 6 Atk Dmg!

Durward takes 3 damage! (Aunger)

Kristeva moves to D-6.

Kristeva attacks Durward! 5 Atk Dmg + 1 Piercing Int Ice Dmg!

Durward takes 3 damage! (Kristeva)

Genevieve moves to E-4.

Genevieve uses Stargleam Blitz on Durward! 4 Int Dmg x7!

Durward avoids the attack! (Genevieve)

Durward takes 2 damage! (Genevieve)

Spoiler:

Dungeon Map:

{6}   {7}
{1}{2}{3}{4}{5}
      {8}   {9}

Room 2 Map:

{ } { } { } { } { } {M} { } { } { } A
{ } { } { } { } {
R} {R} { } { } { } B
{~} { } { } {
} { } { } { } { } {~} C
{ } { } { } {
} { } {K} {D} { } { } D
{ } { } {
} {G} { } { } {A} { } { } E

Light Level: 85/100

All Units:

"Dame Kristeva does not seem too pleased with me at the moment," Aunger admitted, looking over at the comrade he had once abandoned. "But since she is under your command, if I perhaps prove my fealty to you, then maybe in time she will forgive me."

Enemy Phase

"SCYTHES WITH GUNS?" Randolph thundered in disbelief, clutching the wounds left by Ruby's weapon. "WHERE DID THEY GET SCYTHES WITH GUNS? All I got is... this!" Reaching into his vest, Randolph pulled out a glass bottle still filled with rum. In desperation, he tossed it into Ruby's face.

Randolph uses Rum Toss on Ruby! 5 Atk Dmg!

Ruby takes 1 damage! (Randolph)

"You show 'em, Randolph!" Durward added. "And just who do they think they are, calling us bandits? That is OUR word. We preferred to be called 'generosity-impaired' by those that are not our own kind! Just for that, I'm gonna bust out the secret spell I learned from that one wizard I met this one time!" Randolph widened his eyes with a spark of hope.

"You learned magic, lad?"
"That's right, Randolph! With this powerful spell, I'll destroy them all instantly as soon as I finish calling out the attack's name!"
"Well go on then, Durward! Let them have it!"
"You got it! Alright, you bastards! I call upon the secret death spell! Super Turbo Mega Destructive Magical Mysterious Enormous Spirit Blaster Delta Burning Supreme Oblivion Imperial..."

Player Phase

"Is he serious? This cannot be a real spell!" Genevieve skepticized.

"...Mighty Adjective Ultra Giga Force Power..."

"We should probably stop him before he finishes the incantation," Aunger advised.

"...Hyper Wave Burst Combo Alpha Dream Drop Distance 358/2 Days..."

"I agree. We only have about another two years before we're all decimated by his attack. We need to stop him now.

"...Final Omega Up Up Down Down Left Right Left Right B A Start..."

Aunger attacks Durward! 6 Atk Dmg!

Durward takes 3 damage! (Aunger)

Kristeva attacks Durward! 5 Atk Dmg + 1 Piercing Int Ice Dmg!

Durward takes 3 damage! (Kristeva)

Durward dies!

"...Fuck."

Randolph stared at the lifeless body of Durward, the corpse collapsed and bleeding onto the floor. He then turned and face Ruby, and dropped his weapon. "I give. I know when I'm beat. Ya got me. So what now?"

>Spare (+Piety)
>Kill (-Piety)
>Make demands
Vergil
Vergil
Void Sleeper
Void Sleeper

Back to top Go down

Post by Masquerade Sun Jul 24, 2016 10:30 am

The battle was over pretty much before it even really begun. How the bandits had successfully made it this far was beyond Ruby's comprehension. She knew this place would be the last place they ever ransacked because the creatures within would surely dispose of them quite easily. Look at them now; now there was only one left, and he surrendered hoping to evade death.

"I don't pity you in the slightest but I'm willing to let you go. There are stipulations. First I have a few questions just to satisfy my curiosity," Ruby began firmly. She did not put away her weapon. If the man wanted to be smart she'd kill him on the spot. Besides, it was an easy enough interrogation.

"When you chanced upon this place were you unaware of the evils that lurked within? And how did you evade the monsters? Were you really just lucky enough to not encounter any?"
Masquerade
Masquerade
Eternal Dreamer
Eternal Dreamer

Back to top Go down

Post by Vergil Sun Jul 24, 2016 6:37 pm

Though he had no reason to lie or withhold information, Randolph could understand why his captor still kept him at a blade's distance away from execution. He was more than willing to address what was asked of him. "Evils? Monsters?" Randolph repeated, "You mean those freakish abominations that have been walking around the land for the past few months? Of course! The bloody things are practically everywhere! Ever since they started showin' up, many of the kingdoms have been too scared to open their borders and placed embargos all around. Many of us were former merchants, and these closed borders were doin' our careers in. However, all this chaos and mayhem was an opportune time for us to turn to banditry. That's my story on how I took up pillaging, anyway."

"Couldn't you have found a less destructive alternative?" Genevieve suggested, curious as to how one would turn to the criminal path so easily. "There are many monasteries and cathedrals that offer food and housing to those that would devote themselves to priesthood." "Priesthood, she says!" Randolph guffawed in amusement. "Do I look like a pious type to you? I'll tell you now I like my ale, my women, and my crassness - and I'd rather you'd slit my throat right now than to give any of that up. Pfft, if there really is a Lord Masquerade out there, he certainly never gave a damn about me. Besides, a man ain't a man if he can't learn to feed himself, and I ain't the kind to take handouts. Or maybe I'd rather live a life like yours. Prancin' around a castle in a frilly pink dress, eating gourmet sweetbreads, enjoyin' all fifteen of the exotic flavors of tea imported from the Orheilan Highlands..."

"Well actually, the Orheilan Highlands are known for seventeen unique blends of their-"
"WELL, LA. DEE. FUCKIN' DA. SEVENTEEN EXOTIC FLAVORS OF THE FUCKIN' RAINBOW, FUCK ME."
"...You don't have to be so abhorrent about it."
"Look, you wanted answers. I'm just tellin' you what you asked for. 'Course even us pillagin' lot have to be wary of the creatures, but in this life you learn to take your chances. We entered this house into this room by breakin' through a window. Did you blokes use the front door or something?"
"Why, yes, actually.
"...It's a wonder how you're all still standin' here. Anyway, when we first went in here, yeah, there were some of those nasty things crawlin' about. But there was a young man too. Real powerful lad. Red hair, unusual-lookin' sword, and he even had eyes like yours," Randolph pointed over to Ruby. "He took care of the entire room of creatures by himself. Me and the boys didn't want to try to mug him, no. We'd be very well dead before we'd even made it through the window, I'd imagine. He looked like he was lookin' for something, but I guess he didn't find it because he just left. Or rather, he went outside and just waited. I'm guessin' it was you he was waiting for?"
Vergil
Vergil
Void Sleeper
Void Sleeper

Back to top Go down

Post by Sponsored content

Sponsored content

Back to top Go down

Page 4 of 5 Previous  1, 2, 3, 4, 5  Next