Eternal Dream
Would you like to react to this message? Create an account in a few clicks or log in to continue.

Eternal Dream: Abyss Of The Lost

2 posters

Page 2 of 5 Previous  1, 2, 3, 4, 5  Next

Go down

Eternal Dream: Abyss Of The Lost - Page 2 Empty Re: Eternal Dream: Abyss Of The Lost

Post by Vergil Thu Nov 26, 2015 4:34 am

"If 'Pinkie' here gives ya any trouble, you let me know," Raul said before waving Ruby off on her ventures. Genevieve merely responded with a defiant noise as she turned away, only to look back to see that the others were well about to leave her behind. "H-Hey! Wait for me!" Scurrying along, she managed to catch up to the party that was perambulating through a sloped hill, just north of the hamlet's outskirts. Nobody seemed to be talkative on the way; surprisingly, not even Genevieve as she only glanced over to the sides every once in a while to observe the surroundings. The three tailed Ruby in single-file fashion, without even attempting to know more about each other or at least breaking the ice to talk about the weather. Movak kept a stoic face about him and never made eye contact with anyone in the group, while Kristeva seemed to be lost in her own thoughts.

Music: Chorus of the Eclipse
Spoiler:

At last the group had made it to the abbey, a large monastery that sat within a grove of snags. Miraculously, the monsters never found their way to this place - perhaps they never found it, or maybe there was a force bound to it that kept them away. Within the hallowed aisles was one of the pews in which Keeper sat, having a discussion with a priestess. "...So the story says that Xylion wasn't a god, but in actuality a simple man who lived in his earlier years as a fisherman. It raises the question to me, on how someone of common birth with no initially outstanding characteristics would later rise to power as one of the most feared conquerors in all of history? What possessed him to suddenly abandon his modest living and wreak havoc all across the lands? His skills in battle were unmatched, besting even the period's Council of Archsages single-handedly. In his wake were a following of acolytes; those that survived just enough to surrender to him and devote their lives to his empire... they were the ones who began to revere him as a god. He brought St. Uheia's Holy Order to its knees and established his own Academy of the Umbra, teaching many of his followers the ways of the magic that he and he alone created himself! Spells and feats that had no predecessor or hint of innovation before him, an art that was of his own original design without inspiration from any known source. How did he do it? Did he have a connection to Mana that was unrivaled by any other? Was he part of an ancestral line that history had not recorded? It's a secret I certainly wish I knew. His reign would have been absolute if it weren't for the nameless warrior. He was simply referred to as "The Warrior of a Thousand Weapons", a man covered completely in golden armor that shone like the sun, with all manners of swords, axes, bows, and spears that adorned his armored physique. He too is a mystery in itself, as nobody knew where he came from or what became of him after the final duel with Xylion. Some say he was heavensent from the gods themselves to once again bring peace to the land, and others say that he too was a simple man that followed a path in life in a mirror image to that of Xylion to have the abilities and power that he did. That is a testament to the theory from which this town takes its namesake. The 'Equinox'. A supposed equation that states that if either the side of light or darkness possesses an entity or being of incomparable strength, then the opposing side must have one as well to rival it. One who brings salvation for one who destroys. This dates back even to the Age of the Gods. Just as there was the Creator God, Lord Masquerade who breathed life into the veins of the Eternal Dream, birthing champions to fight corruption and malice wherever it was risen... there was a being whose hatred proved to be the perfect antithesis to his benevolence known as the Devil. He created worlds whose laws of natures defied what humanity could comprehend, tormented his own creations to prove how meaningless their existence was, and his influence bred a hell for all that crossed into his dominion. With the state of this realm, some would argue that Aequinoctium and the land around it are a part of his twisted architecture, his stranglehold clutched around our lives as if we were his playthings. Of course we all know the Devil's name as-"

Keeper noticed Ruby approaching, and stood up from his seat. "I'm sorry, Sister Jehira. I've taken enough of your time. I have company I must attend to. We may continue our conference at another time." The priestess nodded as she dismissed herself, and Keeper walked down the aisles to acknowledge the heroine from Alidaire. "It is so good see you again, Ruby," he welcomed her. "These must be your first allies that you'll be taking with you to the Lorekeeper's manor. They look like capable fighters indeed. I trust Raul was most accommodating in your visit to his tavern? He may look intimidating and rugged, but he's a kind man at heart."
Vergil
Vergil
Void Sleeper
Void Sleeper

Back to top Go down

Eternal Dream: Abyss Of The Lost - Page 2 Empty Re: Eternal Dream: Abyss Of The Lost

Post by Masquerade Thu Nov 26, 2015 10:04 am

Ruby kept quiet as she marched along to the place where the abbey was supposed to be. She would have sparked conversation but she wanted to take care of these matters first. Before they left the abbey, her new allies would take a decent rest, and in this time of repose before taking on the encroaching darkness, she would do well to learn more about them. How they were as people would determine how they acted in battle, and what sorts of things she could expect from them in the heat of it. Would they take direction well, or would they try to do things their own way? Would they err or take special precaution to make every move and action precise? Were they disciplined and reserved or wild and chaotic? What kind of demons haunted them at night? She admitted that she was eager to know but she was a patient woman. Not all of them would be so open to conversation.

When Ruby caught sight of the abbey, her breath was nearly stolen away. It was such an untouched place compared to the rest of the town of Aequinoctium. Not a monster in sight nor a tinge of darkness. Stepping within the walls granted her a feeling of immense tranquility the likes of which she had not felt in a long time. This was absolute peace. She and the others approached Keeper who was engrossed in conversation with another woman, but he quickly dismissed her when he caught sight of Ruby.

"Raul was a dear, if a bit hard on my new recruits," Ruby stated with a smile. "I am thinking he's the type to give people a hard time but he doesn't mean ill by it. Regardless, he was most accommodating. I am pleased with my new allies. I have faith that with them by my side, we will triumph in many missions to come. Have you readied our provisions? I wish for us to take a brief repose before storming off into battle. The body may be rested but the mind is a very vulnerable thing. What better place to make final preparations than this sanctuary?"
Masquerade
Masquerade
Eternal Dreamer
Eternal Dreamer

https://eternaldream.forummotion.com

Back to top Go down

Post by Vergil Thu Nov 26, 2015 4:36 pm

"Well I'm sure that's just Raul's way of making sure your allies have the mental fortitude for combat," Keeper explained. "After all, if they can't handle Raul, how will they ever match up to the creatures? Nevertheless it is a pleasure to meet you all." Keeper then addressed Ruby's question regarding supplies for the journey to the estate. "Ah, of course. Just a moment, if you will." Keeper retrieved a bag from under the seat he was at and placed it before Ruby. "In this sack contains some food, and torches to light the way. I've also placed in some bandages to staunch any bleeding, and a vial of antivenom should you come across poisonous creatures. I'm afraid that due to the age and quality of the items that I've provided, I expect them to last only just long enough to make it through the excursion. Ever since the attacks, many ports and kingdom borders were closed off so we haven't been able to trade for fresher supplies. Due to the scarcity of this town's resources, this is all I can give you at no charge. If you wish for more provisions, I would be obligated to ask for gold in return. The proceeds will of course go towards rebuilding the town. So yes, please take all the time you need to rest and converse with your recruits and set off when you will. I almost forgot, here is the key to the Lorekeeper's estate. Unfortunately, monsters do not have the common courtesy to knock and found their way in through means of burrowing from under the ground. Quite an unruly lot, I'd say. Anyway, the manor is back through the town and to the west of the town square. Follow the paved road until you see the stony house overlooking the Crevasse. Here, you should also take this charm that Sister Jehira gave to me. With it, you can sense the fiends' presence whenever they are nearby even when they hide under the cover of darkness. I will leave you to your business, if you have anything else you need of me, I will be upstairs in the sacristy."

-Obtained Food x8
-Obtained Torches x6
-Obtained Bandages x2
-Obtained Antivenom x1
-Obtained Estate Key
-Obtained St. Safira's Charm

Keeper waved and set off, leaving Ruby with her new comrades. "He sure likes to talk a lot, doesn't he?" Movak commented. "I can't stand this place. Let's hurry up and get on with this." Genevieve made an annoyed face. "And just who made you leader? If anyone should be giving the orders around here, it should be me."
"Do you even know what we're supposed to be doing?"
"Of course, you dolt! We're going to the Lorekeeper's estate and banish those creatures back to whence they came!"
"Okay. And then what?"
"Well I can't be expected to think of everything!"
"Some leader you are."
"Excuse me?! For a lowborn peasant you sure act as though your word could ever be worth anywhere near as much as one coming from a noble figure such as myself!"
"For a sheltered girl, you sure act as though you know people."
"I... You... Hmph!"

Genevieve crossed her arms and turned away, while Kristeva seemed to have tuned out the entire exchange.
Vergil
Vergil
Void Sleeper
Void Sleeper

Back to top Go down

Post by Masquerade Thu Nov 26, 2015 5:07 pm

Keeper had a valid point. Raul was nothing compared to the monsters they were sure to encounter. She took in his wisdom graciously, along with the provisions, no matter how dated they were. They might be useless after this mission, but mayhap she could find some money in the manor whether it be money that the monsters had picked up because they like shiny things or if the Lorekeeper had a stash somewhere. It was a horrid thing to think but the Lorekeeper had no use of it any longer and if that money could afford her supplies to slay the fiends and help rebuild the town, she figured he would be more than happy to see it used for such noble things. In the meantime, this assortment of stuff would do for now. She bid Keeper a farewell as he departed and turned only to face the bickering of two of her new recruits.

"Straighten up. In the case it wasn't obvious, I've taken charge here. I enlisted your help. It was not the other way around. You are following me into the depths of darkness and I am going to guide you through using my tactical knowledge and assist you in battle with my prowess. I may have a lot left to learn, but I have a course of action at the very least."

Ruby's stony gaze fell upon Genevieve. "If you cannot come up with a plan you have no right as a leader. And let me give you a piece of very important advice should you survive this excursion. With an attitude such as yours you will never garner the love and affection of a people. I have seen it many a time in my land that is dominated by tyrants. You say the word peasant as if the people would be beneath you, but only the ruler who sees them as equals has any place leading them. Take that to heart, will you? It will save you a lot of pain in the long run, milady."

"Listen, you are all a part of this team. We have great differences, I'm sure. Some may be unfathomable. But we are going to have to get along in order to survive. That much should be simple."

"With that said, let me brief you on what's going on," Ruby continued, deciding to go ahead and inform them of where they were to go from here. They knew where but they knew not for what true purpose. "Lady Genevieve is correct. We are going to the Lorekeeper's Manor and I am hoping to rid it of many fiends, but our true purpose is what lies within--his written notes on just what exactly we are up against. In those notes may be our salvation. Our path is one that will unfold as we go along. We have a good start but if we cannot make the first steps successfully, then what hope have we to take on the true threat that lies in the cover of darkness, waiting to devour us?"

Ruby took a deep breath and turned to face Movak giving him a sly smile. "Sorry if that was more than you wanted to hear, Movak. The talk comes from being a tactical leader in my homeland. I'm actually a bit more reserved when it comes to knowing me personally."
Masquerade
Masquerade
Eternal Dreamer
Eternal Dreamer

Back to top Go down

Post by Vergil Thu Nov 26, 2015 9:28 pm

Movak shrugged, showing no sign of being impressed nor discontent; apathy seemed to be his primary emotion. "Don't take this the wrong way, but I don't intend on getting to know anyone here personally. Whenever you're ready, we will depart on your command." Genevieve had already given up trying to assert herself and became silent, while Kristeva finally relented a word in that smoky voice of hers. "I have no objections on your leadership, Ruby. You may guide our path, and I will follow. If there is still anything you need to take care of here, I will wait patiently until you are ready to go." Out of the three, Kristeva seemed to be the notable balance of personality in the spectrum between Movak and Genevieve. There was Genevieve who seemed to care a little too much about the semantics of how she carried herself, and then there was Movak who didn't seem to care at all about almost anything thus far.

Kristeva had her own unique brand of apathy in the form of her reveries, but was already compliant on how things were going to run. She was already proving to be the more mysterious of the group, and it was hard to tell if she intended it to be that way. Beings associated with ice were often inherently inclined to be on the more tacit side and she was holding true to the stereotype.
Vergil
Vergil
Void Sleeper
Void Sleeper

Back to top Go down

Post by Masquerade Thu Nov 26, 2015 10:15 pm

"Very well, Movak, I'm sure you have your reasons and I shall let them be," Ruby replied respectfully. The fellow may not have been the most determined individual but he would follow orders and get the job done without any qualms, not to mention he in turn was polite to some degree, in his own apathetic way, at least.

"I actually haven't really anything else to do here at the moment, so perhaps we should be off? Everyone seems to be well so mayhap we should not linger," Ruby replied to Kristeva, who was turning out to be the most promising of the group. She was cool and collected, quite literally at the cool part. Perhaps it was her icy affiliation that made her that way? If there was one person here she really wanted to learn about, it was Kristeva. Perhaps another time. For what could possibly be stumbling to their deaths, the group was pretty eager to proceed.

"Let's be off."

That said, Ruby and her recruits departed from the abbey. Ruby followed Keeper's direction and headed back to the town square before taking the west road all the way to the Crevasse. Why the Lorekeeper decided to keep his place of dwelling so close to the precipice of disaster, Ruby could not fathom. She led the group onto the property with key in hand, approaching the door cautiously. The grounds seemed unperturbed but from this point out they would have to be ready for battle.

"I hope you guys are ready. This estate is pretty huge. There's going to be a lot of ground to cover and it's not like we have a map of this place or anything."
Masquerade
Masquerade
Eternal Dreamer
Eternal Dreamer

Back to top Go down

Post by Vergil Sat Nov 28, 2015 5:03 am

Spoiler:
"My humble estate lies just at the edge of the abyss, built by my own two hands. My accumulated wealth over the years had gleaned the attention of thieves and highwaymen alike, so I sought to seclude myself to where not even the most hardened criminal would dare pursue. When I heard the earth shake that night I knew I could not stay undiscovered  for long. I had been studying their lore, through texts obtained from all over the world and I discovered pathways in the underground that would lead to their respective dwellings. It was my duty to record and study what I could, in hopes that one day humanity would be prepared to fight against their wicked existence. But with whom would I share my knowledge with? Who would know where to find me? My question was answered one day when I was strolling through the arid badlands. I saw him, the young Keeper alone and weak, on the brink of starvation. I had taken him in as my own and offered my hopsitality to the young boy. He could not remember where he came from nor the whereabouts of his parents. A bright lad he was, able to tutor himself with the various academic references I had in my archives. He seemed to enjoy my storytelling the most, always hanging onto every word of every tale I would share with him. Tales of the righteous warriors, the ruthless villains, he was captivated by it all. When time came to where he could take care of himself, I sent him off to the hamlet to where he would spend the rest of his life on his own path. He would tell of my home to no one until the day were to come where the Devil has risen and gods of the Eternal Dream would answer my call."

Episode One: Echoes

Music: Eyes of the Lorekeeper
Spoiler:

Objective: Find the Lorekeeper's memoirs.

Achievement: Fear of the Dark - Don't let Light Level fall below 25.

Dungeon Map:

{6}   {7}
{1}{2}{3}{4}{5}
      {8}   {9}

Room 1 Map:

Atmosphere: None

{M} { } { } { } { } { } { } { } { } A
{ } { } { } { } { } { } { } { } { } B
{~} { } { } { } { } { } { } { } {~} C
{K} { } { } { } { } { } { } { } { } D
{G} { } { } { } { } { } { } { } { } E
-1---2---3---4---5---6---7---8--9

Light Level: 100/100

All Units:

{~} - Exit
[Occupy to enter]

Ruby may start in columns 1-2.

The large wooden doors let out a large creak as they opened, allowing light to shine once more into its halls. Cries could be heard from within, but they belonged to no human. A dead man could no longer hold ownership of a home, and now it belonged to the night. The walls had become dilapidated and ruined; vases and ceramics scattered and broken. The violet tapestry that lined the floor was nearly shredded, with visible claw markings all around it. The group took their first step inside, and now it was time to see just how far they would go.

"Filthy heathens... they really did a number on this place, didn't they? Absolutely no respect for property."
"The state of the manor is the least of our concerns."
"I'm sure we won't have to explore every inch of this place. We're just looking for what the Lorekeeper left for us. If we are to rid every creature from this home, then that is entirely up to Ruby."

(Due to the nature and how time-consuming traveling through dungeons is, narration is not required for most parts where nothing is really going on. You may also quick travel to previously visited rooms whenever going back on an exit. Note that the Light Level will decrease by 20 per room in the travel path. Be wary of traps in certain dungeons, as they are not marked on the map and will be sprung when crossed through. When the Light Level drops below a certain point, visibility will decrease and enemies will not show up past the party's field of vision. Hunger prompts may appear when crossing through rooms, and in which case you must feed everyone in the party including yourself. Failure to do so will result in taking both health and stress damage. Since you weren't given a camping set for this dungeon, you do not have the option to camp for this particular mission. However, when you are given a camping set(s) you may choose to initiate the camping sequence at any time in a cleared room. Camping will always trigger a hunger prompt in which you may choose from a set of portions to feed your party. They are: None (0x Food consumed per member) - Half (0.5x Food consumed per member) - Normal (1x Food consumed per member) - Generous (1.5x Food consumed per member) - Feast (2x Food consumed per member). You may choose to retreat from a dungeon and return to Aequinoctium at any time, but be warned that if retreating during combat, there is a chance to fail and you will waste your turn. If by any chance an ally should fall in combat, they are lost forever so be careful of who you become attached to. Any other information that you may need to know that isn't listed here may be explained when it is introduced.)
Vergil
Vergil
Void Sleeper
Void Sleeper

Back to top Go down

Post by Masquerade Sat Nov 28, 2015 12:44 pm

Ruby starts at B2.

The place was definitely worse for wear. It was a shame to see such a beautiful manse fall into this state of disrepair. That was probably the only thing she shared with Genevieve--a sadness to see this place in such a horrid condition.

"As much as I hate the fiends, vanquishing them all may not be possible with the modest provisions we have," Ruby stated. "We have our goal and that is what we aim to achieve. Aside from that, however, I have an inkling that the Lorekeeper's body might be in this manor, and if we are able, I would like to find it. He died completely alone. Call me sentimental but I would like to pay him some respects and assure him that we will succeed in ridding the fiends of this land."
Masquerade
Masquerade
Eternal Dreamer
Eternal Dreamer

Back to top Go down

Post by Vergil Sun Nov 29, 2015 12:08 am

Spoiler:

Dungeon Map:

{6}   {7}
{1}{2}{3}{4}{5}
      {8}   {9}

Room 1 Map:

{ } {R} { } { } { } { } { } { } { } B

Light Level: 100/100

All Units:

{~} - Exit
[Occupy to enter]

The party is awaiting Ruby's lead.
Vergil
Vergil
Void Sleeper
Void Sleeper

Back to top Go down

Post by Masquerade Sun Nov 29, 2015 10:24 am

"All right, let's move out. Kristeva, stick close to me as we progress. We'll take the lead. Movak and Genevieve, watch our rear."

Ruby moves to B5.
Masquerade
Masquerade
Eternal Dreamer
Eternal Dreamer

Back to top Go down

Post by Vergil Sun Nov 29, 2015 9:50 pm

Spoiler:

Dungeon Map:

{6}   {7}
{1}{2}{3}{4}{5}
      {8}   {9}

Room 1 Map:

{ } { } { } { } {R} { } { } { } { } B

Light Level: 97/100

All Units:

{~} - Exit
[Occupy to enter]

Kristeva moves to D-4.
Movak moves to A-4.
Genevieve moves to E-4.

"Understood."
"Excuse, Sir Movak?"
"What is it?
"There's been a question that has been on my mind for a while now."
"Go on."
"Why do you not wear a shirt?"
"..."
"Well? Are you a werewolf or something?"
"What? What does whether or not me wearing a shirt have to do with being a werewolf?"
"Well it's just that I read once in some novels that werewolves have a tendency not to wear shirts."
"I am not a werewolf."
"...And it's also not uncommon for them to develop rivalries with vampires over plain, unemotional human girls with bland personalities. Come to think of it... the way the novel described vampires... didn't really make them seem like the fearsome creatures of lore that would terrorize villages. They were more majestic and they sparkled and..."
"I think you need to burn those novels."
"...You still never answered my question."
Vergil
Vergil
Void Sleeper
Void Sleeper

Back to top Go down

Post by Masquerade Mon Nov 30, 2015 10:01 pm

Ruby moves to B8.

"It may be because he doesn't want to answer it," Ruby quipped as Genevieve continued to press the issue even though Movak had done quite a number giving her the run-around. Leave it to someone like Genevieve to get back on track.

"Use your imagination. He's a good-looking fellow. Maybe he just wants to flaunt. All the power to him." Ruby chuckled.
Masquerade
Masquerade
Eternal Dreamer
Eternal Dreamer

Back to top Go down

Post by Vergil Tue Dec 08, 2015 10:12 pm

Spoiler:

Dungeon Map:

{6}   {7}
{1}{2}{3}{4}{5}
      {8}   {9}

Room 1 Map:

{ } { } { } {M} { } { } { } { } { } A
{ } { } { } { } { } { } { } {R} { } B
{ } { } { } {K} { } { } { } { } { } D
{ } { } { } {G} { } { } { } { } { } E

Light Level: 94/100

All Units:

{~} - Exit
[Occupy to enter]

Kristeva moves to D-7.
Movak moves to A-7.
Genevieve moves to E-7.

"It was just a simple question. You can't just walk around shirtless and expect people not to ask about it. Is this how commoners normally carry themselves? I would have never expected the fashion of the low caste to be so... uncouth."
"You just love hearing yourself talk, don't you?"
"I actually attempt to start a normal conversation with the likes of you and in return you spurn me with your stubbornness. The least you could do is extend the same courtesy! And you, Ruby, was it? You're awfully quick to defend such improper behavior, aren't you? It's becoming clear to me that you need my guidance a lot more than you may think."
"...And just why are you taking so much offense to this?"
"Because! If we're going to be traveling together for who knows how long, I figure I should at least get to know a little about you all. Is that so wrong?
"I already said I wasn't interested in companionship. Don't try to get too familiar with me. If I were to put it bluntly, your type disgusts me most of all. Try not to let the light reflecting off the silver spoon you were born with in your mouth prevent you from seeing that."
"Well if that's the way you wish to act, then I give up! I swear if you commoners had a little more grace, perhaps you wouldn't have such a poor life! At least Lady Kristeva is more pleasant to be around, even if she hasn't said much."
"...Hmm? Did you say something? I apologize, I wasn't paying attention."
Vergil
Vergil
Void Sleeper
Void Sleeper

Back to top Go down

Post by Masquerade Tue Dec 08, 2015 10:19 pm

Ruby moves to C9.

"Guidance from you is the last thing I need, and I have a feeling that you'll learn some valuable lessons out here on the lawless battlefront, Lady Genevieve," Ruby retorted firmly, getting ready to enter the next part of the manse.

"I still vote that making up your own back story for Movak is fun. It'll pass the time. Give it a try why don't you, and spare him the trouble of having to listen to you talk."
Masquerade
Masquerade
Eternal Dreamer
Eternal Dreamer

Back to top Go down

Post by Vergil Mon Dec 21, 2015 8:45 pm

The group would advance into the next section of the long corridor, however this time there would be entities awaiting them. The charm Keeper had given Ruby began to shine with a azure light that would resonate the closer she would get to the end of the hall. Opposite to the heroes were a group of five creatures of terrifying appearances. Three of them where pallor, humanoid-shaped beings with slender fingers with jagged nails and hues of red in certain parts of their featureless skin. Below their sunken eyes were curved mouths equipped with sharp fangs. The other two creatures had the likeness of over-sized human hearts floating around in the air with a single, grotesque eye in their centers. They made revolting beating sounds as they moved about and their eyes fixated on the party, refusing to avert their gaze.

"Goodness, what are those things?!"
"Don't tell me you're scared."
"N-No! Of course not! But why do they have to look so disgusting?"
"What were you expecting, pretty flower creatures?"

Spoiler:

Dungeon Map:

{6}   {7}
{1}{2}{3}{4}{5}
      {8}   {9}

Room 2 Map:

{ } { } { } { } { } { } {5} { } { } A
{M} { } { } { } { } { } { } {1} { } B
{~} {R} { } { } { } { } { } {2} {~} C
{ } {K} { } { } { } {3} { } { } { } D
{G} { } { } { } { } { } {4} { } { } E
-1---2---3---4---5---6---7---8---9

Light Level: 91/100

All Units:
{~} - Exit
[Occupy to enter]

Player Phase

St. Safira's Charm is glowing.
Vergil
Vergil
Void Sleeper
Void Sleeper

Back to top Go down

Post by Masquerade Tue Dec 22, 2015 5:00 pm

This was going to be troublesome. Turned out there were going to be quite a few horrid creatures around, the likes of which Ruby had never seen before. She took a deep breath.

"Focus the ones in front, but if you can reach one of those creepy heart things, try to end them quick. They are unsettling," Ruby gave her commands before taking off to follow them herself, engaging the closest demon, her naginata blade whirling through the air as she rent its flesh with it.

Ruby moves to C5.

Ruby attacks Smiling Demon 3! 5 Dmg! (ATK) [10% Crit Chance]
Masquerade
Masquerade
Eternal Dreamer
Eternal Dreamer

Back to top Go down

Post by Vergil Mon Dec 28, 2015 5:29 am

"On your lead," Kristeva followed, unsheathing her blade as she sprung into the fray. Her eyes gleamed as she slammed her blade into the ground, ensorcelling the appearance of traveling sharp icicles that moved in a precise path, striking through two of the demons.

Kristeva moves to D-5.

Kristeva uses Living Shard.

Living Shard passes through D-6 - D-7 - E-7! Smiling Demons 3 & 4 are struck!

"My turn, darlings! Behold, the arcane prowess of a highborn!" With a quick twirl of her staff, Genevieve launched seven starry orbs of energy that flung in a wild pattern and rained down onto her target.

Genevieve moves to E-3.

Genevieve uses Stargleam Blitz, distributing all 7 hits onto Smiling Demon 4! 70% x 7 Cosmic Int Dmg!

Movak, being too far behind, could only try to position himself closer to the fight. It seemed his abilities would take a while to take form.

Movak moves to B-4 and waits.

Smiling Demon 3 takes 3 damage! (Ruby)

Smiling Demon 3 takes 4 damage! (Living Shard)

Smiling Demon 4 takes 4 damage! (Living Shard)

Smiling Demon 4 is Frozen!

Smiling Demon 4 takes 2 damage! (Genevieve)

Smiling Demon 4 is slain!

Spoiler:

Dungeon Map:

{6}   {7}
{1}{2}{3}{4}{5}
      {8}   {9}

Room 2 Map:

{ } { } { } {M} { } { } { } {1} { } B
{~} { } { } { } {R} { } { } {2} {~} C
{ } { } { } { } {K} {3} { } { } { } D
{ } { } {G} { } { } { } {*} { } { } E

Light Level: 88/100

All Units:
{~} - Exit
[Occupy to enter]

{*} - Living Shard
[6 Ice Atk - Magical, Move: 3 Cells, extinguishable by fire attack or attack of equal strength]

Enemy Phase

The second Smiling Demon was felled before it ever got a chance to react, and the heroes were in full momentum. One of its remaining cohorts let out a maddening yell that when heard was dispiriting to the very core, its sheer evil force even cause the lights to dim.

Smiling Demon 5 uses Hysteric Scream! -10 Light Level and 10 Stress Damage to party! (Movak takes 13 Stress damage due to Beastmorph Curse)

The other demon sought to capitalize in the moment by maneuvering itself around the party, bulging out its eyes and casting a light that crept into the minds of those that beheld it, those truly affected would collapse to the floor asleep.

Smiling Demon 3 moves to E-4.

Smiling Demon 3 uses Piercing Black Light!

Genevieve is unaffected!

Kristeva falls asleep!

Ruby is unaffected!

One of the beating abominations began making its way to the group, and once in range began to palpitate furiously as it released a red wave that passed through those near it.

Cardiorea 1 moves to B-5.

Cardiorea 1 uses Racking Pulse! 7 Int Dmg!

The last abomination posed its appendages outward and launched itself at Ruby.

Cardiorea 2 moves to C-6.

Cardiorea 2 uses Latch on Ruby!

Cardiorea 2 attaches itself to Ruby!

The appendages protruded spikes, coiling and digging into Ruby, beginning to drain her blood. The abomination hissed as it held its grasp on her.

Room 2 Map:

{ } { } { } {M} {1} { } { } { } { } B
{~} { } { } { } {R} {2} { } { } {~} C
{ } { } { } { } {K} { } { } { } { } D
{ } { } {G} {3} { } { } {*} { } { } E

Light Level: 78/100
-Enemy Accuracy +5%, Party Accuracy -5%
-Enemy Crit +3%, Party Crit +1%

All Units:
{~} - Exit
[Occupy to enter]

{*} - Living Shard
[6 Ice Atk - Magical, Move: 3 Cells, extinguishable by fire attack or attack of equal strength]

Player Phase

Genevieve restores 1 NMP.

Last edited by Vergil on Fri Jan 08, 2016 1:20 am; edited 1 time in total
Vergil
Vergil
Void Sleeper
Void Sleeper

Back to top Go down

Post by Masquerade Tue Dec 29, 2015 2:08 pm

Ruby growled as the weird heart latched onto her and began draining her energy. She could feel herself weakening and she did not like it one bit. She took her naginata and slashed at the tentacle that acted as a tether between her and the heart creature.

"I'm going to make you regret that."

Ruby attacks Cardiorea 2! 5 Dmg! (ATK) [10% Crit Chance]

Ruby waits.
Masquerade
Masquerade
Eternal Dreamer
Eternal Dreamer

Back to top Go down

Post by Vergil Fri Jan 08, 2016 2:56 am

Cardiorea 2 takes 3 damage! (Ruby)

Ruby takes 1 damage (Latched)

When the abomination was struck by Ruby's weapon, it let out a shock that ran through her nerves, dealing a back a portion of the pain it felt. Kristeva had collapsed onto the floor asleep by the demon's spell, unable to contribute to the battle while the icicles she had summoned still manage to move on its own.

Living Shard moves to E-4. Smiling Demon 3 is struck!

Smiling Demon 3 takes 4 damage!

Smiling Demon 3 is Frozen!

Kristeva is still asleep.

"Ugh, she snores like a wild dragon," Genevieve commented, staring over at Kristeva's unconscious body. "This isn't the time to be dozing off, Lady Kristeva!" Movak capitalized on the enemy that had succumbed to the freezing pursuit of the icicles and threw his weight into a single punch.

Movak moves to D-4.

Movak uses Heavy Knuckle on Smiling Demon 3! 6 Atk Dmg!

Smiling Demon 3 takes 4 damage!

Smiling Demon 3 is slain!

"Don't just stand there running your mouth, focus on the creatures that are trying to kill us," Movak advised with a stern tone.
"I was just getting to that! I don't need you to tell me what to do!" Genevieve snapped back raising her weapon and positioning herself in range of the other beating abomination. Twirling her staff, she fired off another barrage of spheres at it.

Genevieve moves to D-3.

Genevieve uses Stargleam Blitz, distributing all 7 hits onto Cardiorea 1! 70% x 7 Cosmic Int Dmg!

Cardiorea 1 takes 1 damage! (Genevieve)

Cardiorea 1 takes 2 damage! (Genevieve) CRITICAL!

Genevieve is relieved from 2 Stress. (From Critical)

Cardiorea 1 takes 2 damage! (Genevieve) CRITICAL!

Genevieve is relieved from 2 Stress. (From Critical)

Spoiler:

Dungeon Map:

{6}   {7}
{1}{2}{3}{4}{5}
      {8}   {9}

Room 2 Map:

{ } { } { } { } {1} { } { } { } { } B
{ } { } {G} {M} {K} { } { } { } { } D
{ } { } { } {*} { } { } { } { } { } E

Light Level: 75/100

All Units:
{~} - Exit
[Occupy to enter]

{*} - Living Shard

Enemy Phase

Ruby is drained for 2 HP! (Latched)

Cardiorea 1 moves to C-4.

Cardiorea 1 uses Racking Pulse! 7 Int Dmg!

Ruby takes 5 damage!

Kristeva takes 8 damage! CRITICAL!

Movak receives 6 Stress (From Critical)

Genevieve receives 3 Stress (From Critical)

Kristeva receives 2 Stress (From Critical)

Movak takes 5 damage!

Genevieve takes 3 damage!

Cardiorea 1 heals for 2 HP! (Stress Leech)

After the heart had delivered its harmful wave, it began to expand until it grew twice its original size and let out one last attack. An sense of dread swept over the party as the heart exploded, unleashing all the evil energy that remained in it.

Cardiorea 1 detonates! 8 Int Dmg!

Ruby takes 6 damage!

Kristeva takes 5 damage!

Movak takes 12 damage! CRITICAL!

Movak receives 5 Stress (From Critical)

Genevieve receives 1 Stress (From Critical)

Kristeva receives 2 Stress (From Critical)

Genevieve receives 4 damage!

Smiling Demon 5 moves to B-5.

Smiling Demon uses Piercing Black Light!

Ruby is unaffected!

Kristeva is unaffected!

Movak falls asleep!

Cardiorea 2 attacks Ruby! 6 Int Dmg!

Ruby takes 4 damage!

Ruby is at Death's Door!

Movak receives 13 Stress! (From Death's Door)

Kristeva receives 10 Stress! (From Death's Door)

Genevieve receives 10 Stress! (From Death's Door)

Genevieve receives 5 Stress! (From Thanatophobia)

Room 2 Map:

{ } { } { } { } { } { } { } { } { } A
{ } { } { } { } {5} { } { } { } { } B
{ } { } {G} {M} {K} { } { } { } { } D
{ } { } { } {*} { } { } { } { } { } E

Light Level: 75/100

All Units:
{~} - Exit
[Occupy to enter]

{*} - Living Shard

Player Phase

Another voice began to sound - one only audible to Ruby. This time, it was one different from the one that had spoken to her before.

Spoiler:
Vergil
Vergil
Void Sleeper
Void Sleeper

Back to top Go down

Post by Masquerade Fri Jan 08, 2016 6:37 pm

"Sh-shut up," Ruby growled as she scrambled up off the ground. The great explosion had knocked her over and it wasn't until the strange voice began speaking to her did she realize that she was still alive. The voice thought it was over but she was not quite done. Though haphazardly teetering on the precipice of demise, she could still fight. And she would.

Ruby uses Ruby Gleam! [Bestows Reflect][Bestows Regen]

MP: 10/15

"Leave the heart be for now... I've noticed when it receives harm, so do I. It must be...some strange magic associated with it...but at this rate we'll have to let it be until I manage to heal up," Ruby offered the information she had gathered to her allies. The timing of the sharp pains she received were too coincidental to be anything else.

Ruby moves to D7.
Masquerade
Masquerade
Eternal Dreamer
Eternal Dreamer

Back to top Go down

Post by Vergil Thu Jan 14, 2016 5:27 am

Cardiorea 2 is moved with Ruby. (D8)

Kristeva strode to Ruby taking a firm stance by her side. Despite the attacks she had sustained, she showed no signs of visible wounds and kept a stoic face. "I beg your forgiveness, I had allowed their spell to thwart my vigilance," she confessed. "Stay close to me, I will protect us." Kristeva exhaled a misty breath into her hands and waved it around herself, forming a squall of hardened snowflake crystals that swirled about in a spherical pattern.

Kristeva moves to D-6.

Kristeva uses Tundra Veil! [Shield HP: 8/8]

Living Shard moves to C-5.

Movak is still asleep.

"I... I think I can still fight through this. Looks like it will be up to me alone to handle this disgusting filth of a creature if that sleeping oaf can't do it. Have at you, then!"

Genevieve uses Stargleam Blitz, distributing all 7 hits onto Smiling Demon 5! 70% x 7 Cosmic Int Dmg!

Smiling Demon 5 takes 2 damage! (Genevieve)

Smiling Demon 5 dodges Genevieve's attack!

Spoiler:

Dungeon Map:

{6}   {7}
{1}{2}{3}{4}{5}
      {8}   {9}

Room 2 Map:

{ } { } { } { } {5} { } { } { } { } B
{~} { } { } { } {*} { } { } { } {~} C
{ } { } {G} {M} { } {K} {R} {2} { } D
{ } { } { } { } { } { } { } { } { } E

Light Level: 72/100
-Enemy Accuracy +8%, Party Accuracy -5%
-Enemy Crit +5%, Party Crit +2%

All Units:
{~} - Exit
[Occupy to enter]

{*} - Living Shard

Enemy Phase

Ruby is drained for 2 HP! (Latched)

Ruby is at Death's Door!

Cardiorea 2 moves to E-6.

Cardiorea 2 attacks Kristeva! 6 Int Dmg! (Critical!)

Tundra Veil is shattered!

Smiling Demon 5 moves to C-4.

Smiling Demon 5 attacks Movak! 6 Atk Dmg!

Movak takes 12 damage! CRITICAL!

Movak receives 7 Stress (From Critical)

Genevieve receives 1 Stress (From Critical)

Kristeva receives 5 Stress (From Critical)

Smiling Demon 5 regains 6 MP!

Movak is at Death's Door!

Movak receives 13 Stress! (From Death's Door)

Kristeva receives 10 Stress! (From Death's Door)

Genevieve receives 10 Stress! (From Death's Door)

Genevieve receives 5 Stress! (From Thanatophobia)

Room 2 Map:

{~} { } { } {5} {*} { } { } { } {~} C
{ } { } {G} {M} { } {K} {R} { } { } D
{ } { } { } { } { } {2} { } { } { } E

Light Level: 72/100

All Units:
{~} - Exit
[Occupy to enter]

{*} - Living Shard

Player Phase

Vergil
Vergil
Void Sleeper
Void Sleeper

Back to top Go down

Post by Masquerade Thu Jan 14, 2016 4:29 pm

Ruby felt the connection disappear.  It felt like a thorn had been removed from her side and there was a great relief and it was at that moment that they needed to strike this thing down before it had a chance to perform any other wicked artes upon them.

"The tether is gone!  This heart monstrosity must go down now!" Ruby called out to her allies, taking her naginata and slashing the vile creature.  She was worried about Movak but he would be in even more trouble with this abomination still living seeing as how it had the apparent potential to blow them all to smithereens.

Ruby slices Cardiorea 2!  5 Dmg! (ATK) [17% Crit Chance]

Ruby holds her ground.
Masquerade
Masquerade
Eternal Dreamer
Eternal Dreamer

Back to top Go down

Post by Vergil Sat Jan 16, 2016 9:52 pm

Cardiorea 2 avoids Ruby's attack!

Too reckless. Too eager. The beating heart dodged out of the way of Ruby's attack, and its eye rolled around almost as if it were mocking her. Kristeva furrowed her brow and heaved a grunt as she brought down her blade at the creature with an overhead swing.

"You've overstayed your welcome, foul stain."

Kristeva attacks Cardiorea 2! 5 Atk Dmg + 1 Piercing Int Dmg!

Cardiorea 2 takes 5 damage! (Kristeva)

Living Shard moves to E-6! Cardiorea 2 is struck! Living Shard fades!

Cardiorea 2 takes 3 damage! (Living Shard)

Genevieve stood frozen in panic, as she watched the state of her allies become dire. Her hands quivered against her staff as she saw the blood exposed on Movak and the fact that he could hardly stand at this point. "N-No... you can't go. This... this can't be happening. Why can't I stop this shaking?"

"You heard the leader," Movak rumbled weakly. "She wants the damn thing gone. So what are you waiting for? KILL IT."

Genevieve let out a scream as she pointed her weapon at the abomination and fired an iridescent beam.

Genevieve attacks Cardiorea 2! 5 Int Dmg!

Cardiorea 2 takes 2 damage! (Genevieve)

Cardiorea 2 is slain!

"About damn time," Movak coughed. "Just one more... and we can catch our breaths."

Movak uses Heavy Knuckle on Smiling Demon 5! 6 Atk Dmg!

Smiling Demon 5 takes 4 damage! (Movak)

Smiling Demon 5 is stunned!

Spoiler:

Dungeon Map:
      {6}   {7}
{1}{2}{3}{4}{5}
      {8}   {9}

Room 2 Map:

{~} { } { } {5} { } { } { } { } {~} C

Light Level: 69/100

All Units:
{~} - Exit
[Occupy to enter]

Enemy Phase

Smiling Demon 5 is stunned!

Room 2 Map:

{~} { } { } {5} { } { } { } { } {~} C

Light Level: 69/100

All Units:
{~} - Exit
[Occupy to enter]

Player Phase

Vergil
Vergil
Void Sleeper
Void Sleeper

Back to top Go down

Post by Masquerade Sat Jan 16, 2016 9:59 pm

Ruby moves to C5.

The heart was finally rent, although Genevieve seemed to be taking this rather hardly. What was she expecting? This was life and death here in the lawless world of fiends. She had tried to warn the noble before but it seemed that the words had not stuck. Perhaps this would be a hard lesson for her but perhaps it would sink in this time and the girl would be a bit more calculating.

Ruby hobbled over to where the last stunned fiend lie. It was helpless against her assault in its condition.

"No worries, Genevieve. We survived this one. Put your mind at ease."

Ruby slices Smiling Demon 5! 5 Dmg! (ATK) [15% Crit Chance]
Masquerade
Masquerade
Eternal Dreamer
Eternal Dreamer

Back to top Go down

Post by Vergil Mon Jan 18, 2016 10:45 pm

Smiling Demon 5 takes 3 damage! (Ruby)

Smiling Demon 5 is slain!

Spoiler:

Dungeon Map:
      {6}   {7}
{1}{2}{3}{4}{5}
      {8}   {9}

Room 2 Map:

{~} { } { } { } {R} { } { } { } {~} C
{ } { } {G} {M} { } {K} { } { } { } D

Light Level: 66/100

All Units:
{~} - Exit
[Occupy to enter]

All enemies defeated!

-Spoils

-Leech Artery x2
-Pale Flesh x1
-Crude Enchant Core x1
-250 Gold

Player Phase

"It's... over..." Genevieve sighed as she relaxed her stance. Over was far from the truth. This was but one skirmish at the first steps of a simple manor - not even a lair where they had full dominion. To say it would get easier from here would be but a hopeful delusion. As time would take its purchase, the trauma of warfare would tally up its deeds. "Alright, let's press on," Movak advised, though clutching the side of his wounded chest. "Absolutely not! You might not make it past another one of those wretched beings! We should just cut our losses and head back to the hamlet so we can fight another day."

"I already said before, I'll keep on fighting until I am rid of this curse."
"What curse? Your injuries must be making you speak this nonsense!"
"Enough. If you want to go back so badly then you can return to the town alone."
"No! This only proves you need me more than ever! I say we should all rest back at the hamlet! I may have backed down before but I will not relent this time! This isn't up for discussion!"
"We'll leave this to the leader then. What's your call? Do we stay, or go on?"

Kristeva narrowed her eyes as she looked at the remains of the dead creatures they had just fought. "...Where in the world did that gold come from?"
Vergil
Vergil
Void Sleeper
Void Sleeper

Back to top Go down

Post by Sponsored content

Sponsored content

Back to top Go down

Page 2 of 5 Previous  1, 2, 3, 4, 5  Next