Eternal Dream
Would you like to react to this message? Create an account in a few clicks or log in to continue.

Harry Potter Without Harry Potter (Role Playing Thread)

5 posters

Page 3 of 4 Previous  1, 2, 3, 4  Next

Go down

Harry Potter Without Harry Potter (Role Playing Thread) - Page 3 Empty Re: Harry Potter Without Harry Potter (Role Playing Thread)

Post by Xenosaga Tue Jul 20, 2010 1:00 pm

She was homesick already.

Or was it more like trainsick?

Rosa clutched desperately onto whatever was available, trying to keep herself steady. Sure she got a little dizzy in cars or buses or boats but this? This was ridiculous. All she wanted to do was sleep until the train arrived at school.

Now, if she could only find an empty compartment.

Sucking a breath, she forced herself to keep going, keeping both ears open, in case there was an empty compartment or maybe a compartment with quiet people, and stepped down the hall. Actually, Rosa was starting to get the feeling it was something she had eaten. Maybe it was the six scoops of chocolate ice cream she had downed. When her mother hadn't been looking, of course. So much for the 'never wanting to feel like that again' thought.

She had issues. And her mother was going to kill her if she found out. Which she always did. It was like magic. Hopefully, her father would be there to save her.

Sighing to herself, Rosa quickly made her way across to the next car, She needed to sit somewhere. Seriously. Forcing herself to straighten, she opened the first compartment door she found and opened it. Rosa just barely registered the two girls sitting inside before speaking.

"Can I sleep here?"
Xenosaga
Xenosaga
Never Awaken
Never Awaken

Back to top Go down

Harry Potter Without Harry Potter (Role Playing Thread) - Page 3 Empty Re: Harry Potter Without Harry Potter (Role Playing Thread)

Post by Zerifachias Tue Jul 20, 2010 2:08 pm

"Rosa!" Hannah said in surprise, looking up at the girl, "It's nice to see you again!" Hannah seemed to be oblivious to Rosa's apparent illness, however Kelly got up and sat next to Hannah, allowing Rose to have a full seat to herself.

"A friend of yours, Hannah?" Kelly asked kindly, looking up at Rosa as the girl took her previous seat.

"We met in Diagon Alley." Hannah explained, "Her name's Rosa, a first-year like me."

"Well, it's nice to meet you Rosa." Kelly was now talking to Rosa, then put a hand on her own chest, "My name is Kelly Fennings, a second-year at Hogwarts. I'm in the Ravenclaw House."
Zerifachias
Zerifachias
Totes-Mcgoats
Totes-Mcgoats

Back to top Go down

Post by Xenosaga Tue Jul 20, 2010 3:05 pm

"Hello. . . . ." Rosa greeted in a nasal sort of tone, practically collapsing onto the now empty seat. She sat there for a moment, staring at the two before suddenly dropping onto her side. Things were spinning. Blinking rapidly, she squinted as she raised a hand perpendicular to her body. "I'm sorry, I think I'm trainsick."

It was then her head began to pound and she groaned, letting her hand fall and it smacked her face on the way down. Rosa blinked, barely registering the pain before her eyes closed.

"Vehicles suuuuuuuuuuuucks," she whined, making little whiny noises. "I should have never those six scoops of ice cream. But it was so gooooooooooooooooooooood."
Xenosaga
Xenosaga
Never Awaken
Never Awaken

Back to top Go down

Post by Greycat Tue Jul 20, 2010 6:53 pm

"What was that?" I asked as I plopped down him the chair across from Quinn. I whistle quietly and appreciatively as I did. "She has great taste, but little personality. The green of poison, I guess." I had to sigh. Despite my how much I wanted to convince myself otherwise, the love of green was not the mark of a good person. Sad. But she did have the pure blood bias Mom had warned me some people still had. I stared out the window for a while, watching the scenery flash by.

Apparently, Quinn had some sort of family name to live up to. Minor fame to say the least, considering the reaction of this Stella person. Must be hard on him. But, I still wanted to know. "Hey, Quinn, what did she mean by 'the third and final Hart boy?' Do you have brothers at Hogwarts?"
Greycat
Greycat
Fleeting Dreamer
Fleeting Dreamer

http://avarkimu.canadian-forum.com

Back to top Go down

Post by Silver Tue Jul 20, 2010 7:15 pm

Quinn knew Jared would bring it up. "The third and final Hart boy". What a shame it was. What a sad and horrible experience it had been. A few tears instantly welled in his eyes. He had to keep it together. He would not let himself cry, not now. He wiped away the tears that were now heavy in his eyes, looked away, took a deep breath, and turned back.

"'Third and final Hart Boy'. Not something I like to remember. I did have brothers go to Hogwarts. They were fifth years a few years ago. They were annoying at times. But... they were family, and I loved them."

The past tense words would need explaining. More tears welled with each one he used. He knew he would definitely have to explain himself now. Especially when it was obvious he was going to cry. Wiping the next load away with his sleeve, Quinn continued.

"They... aren't around anymore. Do you remember, or were you told about, a few years ago? When... Zane Kingsley... escaped from Azkaban? H... He is the reason they aren't around. They... along... with my... father went to go fight him... keep him held up... until the keepers... arrived to collect him. I followed... it... was pointless at the time... I thought I could... help. But..."

He couldn't hold it back anymore. A few tears instantly trickled down his cheeks, followed by a flood gate of more. Quinn looked down at the seat he was sitting on. Hopelessly wishing he wouldn't have to tell his story. But he knew he would have to tell it to him eventually. All of his friends would have to know eventually.

"He killed them. He bloody killed them! And not himself... he... had my older brother, Aaron, kill my younger brother, Chase. And then... he forced my father to do the same... except... with Aaron. And I knew I shouldn't have come.... but then... he noticed me... and he wanted my father to kill me... but then he got this horrible idea... and he had my father kill himself... and..."

Tears were falling to the floor. His eyes were red and puffy, he was starting to sniffle. He started to tremble. He couldn't help it. He hated it all. It was an experience he shouldn't of had to go through. He wiped away tears only to have more replace them.

"I wouldn't be alive... if my mother hadn't come looking for me. She saved me... kept Zane away long enough... the keepers of Azkaban came. If it had gone on any longer, both my mother and I would be...de... dead..."

That final word rocked him. He trembled worse than he had before. He started to hyperventalate. Tears poured down. He looked like hell. His eyes stung. And worse yet, people were staring. Quinn didn't dare look up though. He just couldn't.

In all the amusement of it Stella laughed. It was so pathetic of him. Treating her like dirt and then acting like a crybaby. It was just to funny for the young witch.

"That's what you get for telling me to leave."
Silver
Silver
Prince of Dreams
Prince of Dreams

https://www.facebook.com/pages/Xavier-Rains/314656341904106

Back to top Go down

Post by Greycat Tue Jul 20, 2010 7:51 pm

I was stunned. Murder? If I knew, I wouldn't have asked. I forced Quinn to relive a horrible memory. I would help him if I could, but the only charm I could think of was the cheering charm, and I didn't understand everything the book said. The best I could do was to somewhat awkwardly pat reassuringly on Quinn's back.

But I good take care of a minor irritation. A shot a glare at the laughing Stella. To mock the deaths of someones family was the lowest of the low. She was a shame to green. I drew my wand. Magic was usable on the train, that much I knew. The trick, was not the get caught. So, only a minor charm...

"Melofors!" I hissed quietly. A spark of orange light shot from the tip of my faint green wand to strike the back of Stella's head, who, quite conveniently, had her back turned. The spark expanded into a large pumpkin that lodged securely around her head. An instant later, my wand was back in my belt.
Greycat
Greycat
Fleeting Dreamer
Fleeting Dreamer

Back to top Go down

Post by Silver Tue Jul 20, 2010 8:02 pm

"AUUH!"

Stella screamed as the Pumpkin covered her head. Her hands were at her head, desperately trying to pull the pumpkin off. The kids that had gathered to stare at Quinn were now on Stella. They all were laughing hysterically, some holding their sides, others banging on the head.

Stella could not conceive why it had been done. She was laughing at the boy for talking smack and then crying over whatever the next second. She never thought anyone would do such a horrible thing to her. The heiress of the Trueheart fortune. She turned around, staring at Quinn and Jared once more, though her eyes were hidden by the pumpkin. It was probably that filthy half blood. She vowed she would make him pay. Maybe not now but soon enough.

Quinn however was hunched over in his seat. Trying to calm himself. Trying desperately to maintain what little dignity he had left. He sat up and sniffed a few times, wiping his red, stinging eyes. He hyperventilated a few times. Giving Jared a silent thanks for trying to reassure him.

He continued to wipe his eyes with his sleeves, which were soaked with tears. Trying desperately to calm himself, he tried to take a few deep breaths. But they weren't too deep as his need to hyperventilate broke them up into syncopated rhythms. He knew he had to calm himself.

"This... is... a... good... day... so what... if... you cried... you're... going to... Hogwarts."

He repeated the sentence over and over again.
Silver
Silver
Prince of Dreams
Prince of Dreams

Back to top Go down

Post by Zerifachias Tue Jul 20, 2010 8:26 pm

Kelly couldn't help but laugh. Rosa's complaining was rather funny to her, "You sure are an odd bunch of first-years." She said, stifling her laughter. "But anyway, Hannah, do you want to see something cool?" Kelly had reached into her jeans pocket, pulling out what looked like a wand. It was a paler color than what Hannah's wand was.

"Your wand is a different color than mine," Hannah said, taking out her own wand and showing it to Kelly. Hannah's wand was much blacker than Kelly's brown one. "What tree?"

"Oak" Kelly replied, "10-and-a-quarter inches. Dragon heartstring core. What about yours?"

"9-and-a-half inches mahogany with a unicorn tail as the core." Hannah said, looking down at her wand.

"Here, hold this flat on your palm." Kelly said, pushing a gum wrapper into Hannah's hand. It had been crumpled up, and Kelly was now chewing on the gum that had been inside. Hanna looked down at the wrapper for a second before holding it up a little higher. Kelly nodded and pointed her wand at it carefully. "This is just a basic repelling charm. It has a wide range unless you focus, but it's still good for blowing away those nasty flying bugs. Ready? Watch." Kelly poked the gum wrapper, "Flipendo!" she said, authority in her voice. A small flash of blue light shot out from Kelly's wand and hit the gum wrapper, sending it flying across the compartment.

"Cool," Hannah said, looking down at the wrapper, which had landed near the door. "Can I try?"

"Sure," Kelly said, taking out another gum wrapper out of her back pocket. She handed it over to Hannah, "You can have the gum, by the way. I have lots, and besides, my mom can always send me some more."

"Drooble's Best Blowing Gum?" Hannah read off from the label on the wrapper. "What's a Drooble?"

"It's the manufacturer's name," Kelly explained, "they're known for having the best blowing gum in the world. You can blow bubbles with these babies and they won't pop for days. It's really cool, try it!"

In trying out the gum, Hannah and Kelly had a contest to see who could blow a bigger bubble, which ended with Kelly's victory. Hannah didn't have much gum before, and she was never able to get her gum to get bigger than a few inches before popping it. Kelly, however, had been blowing bubbles almost her entire life. With their contest at an end, Hannah crumpled up the wrapper and held it in her left hand, pointing her wand at it with her right.

"Just focus on the wrapper and kind of...push it with your mind. The word is Flipendo, say it right or it won't work properly," Kelly instructed, keeping a close eye on Hannah's wand.

"Okay, er..." Hannah nodded, squinting her eyes. She poked the wrapper with her wand, "Flipendo!" The wrapper didn't move. Hannah frowned, but tried again, "Flipendo!" Still no movement. A little put off, Hannah jabbed the wrapper, almost yelling this time, "Flipendo!"

The wrapper showed an extraordinary lack of movement.

"I guess you just aren't ready for it yet," Kelly said with a laugh, "Once you learn the theory behind it, I'm sure you'll figure it out. Feel free to keep trying though."
Zerifachias
Zerifachias
Totes-Mcgoats
Totes-Mcgoats

Back to top Go down

Post by Greycat Tue Jul 20, 2010 8:33 pm

"Of course it's a good day," I insisted, listening to Quinns muttering. With Stella around, I couldn't vouch for the rest of them, but today for one was definitely a good day. "Hogwarts Quinn, Hogwarts. One of the best magic schools in the world! That's were we are going. " That bit cheered me up a bit too. Quinn, I wasn't too sure. I tried a different line.

"Think of all the things we'll learn!" I said eagerly, sliding the door shut to keep out any other students, or at least give us warning if they came. "How to fly, potions, charms, transfiguration!" I for one was eager and impatient, my head filled with dreams of the school. I waved my hands about happily and excitedly. "Think of who we'll meet! Most of the teachers are famous. And the halloween feast is near legendary. Cheer up Quinn!"
Greycat
Greycat
Fleeting Dreamer
Fleeting Dreamer

Back to top Go down

Post by Silver Tue Jul 20, 2010 8:38 pm

"You're right. We're going to Hogwarts!"

All the talk of who everyone was, the legendary food, the things they'd learn. Magic. That little word was going to mean something. It was going to be a powerful force. One that Stella couldn't stop him if he had it. One where he could make something happen without even having to bat an eye.

He sat up, completely this time, his eyes wiped for the last time. His hyperventalation ceasing to exist, his stinging eyes calmed. A smile began to grow on his face.

"We're going to Hogwarts! I'll show Stella. She won't even be able to comprehend the Magic we'll be casting!"
Silver
Silver
Prince of Dreams
Prince of Dreams

Back to top Go down

Post by Cerani Tue Jul 20, 2010 11:45 pm

"Come on Dad, we're almost late!"Alessia dragged her father along with her trolley of supplies. Her dad, almost a dead ringer for an Italian mobster, smiled benignly and let the little girl hurry him along. They reached the pillar their liaison from the Ministry had told them about. "He said just to go through it right?"

"Yes." Her father eyed the pillar skeptically, but was pulled along again by Alessia. She didn't even pause, the Ministry man's reassurance that they'd be fine enough for her to believe. There was a brief moment of darkness before they reached the other side. They were greeted by the beautifully red steam engine, the Hogwarts Express. Many children were already on the train, and Alessia felt a sudden excitement and an urge to just jump on the train and leave then. But she wouldn't leave without telling her father goodbye, so she turned to him and gave a bright smile.

Her dad grinned back and enveloped her small frame in a bearhug. "Farewell, mi fiorellino." He used his nickname for her, meaning 'little flower'. Alessia blushed and was glad no one could really hear him, but she supposed it was alright. They weren't going to see each other for a long time.

She responded in kind. "Arrivederci, padre. I'll miss you, and tell Mamma I said goodbye too."

"I will. I'm sorry she had to miss this."

"It's okay, I'm a little sad, but I'm excited too." She looked up at him in the hug, still smiling brightly.

Her father seemed to have something in his eye, because he suddenly rubbed them for a moment and sniffed. He let go of Alessia and pushed her onward. "Go on. We will see you at Christmas, Aless. Goodbye!" He waved and watched as she pushed her trolley away and loaded it.

Alessia didn't see her father leave after she got on the train and looked out a window. He was pretty good at disappearing like that. She had no idea where he'd learned it, but never questioned it before. She shrugged and checked to make sure her money bag was secure on her belt and that her owl's cage was well covered, then started moving through the compartments, trying to find one that wasn't too crowded yet.
Cerani
Cerani
Right Hand of Destruction
Right Hand of Destruction

Back to top Go down

Post by Xenosaga Wed Jul 21, 2010 1:55 pm

Hearing what she knew was a spell, Rosa snapped her eyes open and suddenly sat up. She stared at the two girls, eyes wide from behind her pink framed glasses. But upon seeing Kelly and Hannah begin a contest of who could blow the bigger bubble, Rosa snorted, smacking a hand to her mouth as she tried to hold in her laughter. She knew if she started, it was nearly impossible for her to stop.

Watching as Hannah began to try the spell, Kelly had probably taught her it, Rosa felt disappointment settle in her at seeing her friend's failure.

"Um, is it okay for me to try?" she asked in a hesitant voice, raising her hand as if she were in a class.
Xenosaga
Xenosaga
Never Awaken
Never Awaken

Back to top Go down

Post by Zerifachias Mon Jul 26, 2010 10:41 am

"Sure." Kelly said, pulling out another piece of gum, handing it over to the girl. "Just poke it with your wand and say 'Flipendo.' It should work for you eventually, it just takes practice.

"Flipendo!" Hannah suddenly shouted, causing Kelly to jump off her seat. Hannah had her wand pointed at the wrapper, frowning at the stationary trash. Hannah looked up at the other two girls and shrugged, "I was hoping to catch it off guard."

"I don't think that's going to work, Hannah..." Kelly said slowly, laughing. The train gave a mighty jolt, forcing Kelly back into her seat as the conductor outside shouted the final warning, just as the train began to move. "Alright! We're off to Hogwarts, girls!" Kelly exclaimed victoriously, her fist in the air.

"Flipendo!" Hannah shouted in response, pointing at the wrapper again with her wand.

Once more, the wrapper showed an extraordinary lack of movement.
Zerifachias
Zerifachias
Totes-Mcgoats
Totes-Mcgoats

Back to top Go down

Post by Silver Mon Jul 26, 2010 11:43 am

After the train had started, the excitement of it all had calmed down. Quinn was no more overly excited, but he was eager to get there already. He wanted to start classes, and start learning as much as he could. He was looking out the window when it hit him. Jared had cast a spell or charm or something on Stella. What could it have been? He hadn't heard over the constant laughter.

"Hey Jared... What was that... spell you casted on Stella?"

His voice was deathly quiet, though it wasn't like there was reason to be. The compartment door was closed and no one was particularly staying around to see what they were doing. So it felt like a safe time, and he remember that magic was allowed on the train, and that his brothers had learned basic spells while riding to Hogwarts as well. So it seemed like a good idea to start learning now.
Silver
Silver
Prince of Dreams
Prince of Dreams

Back to top Go down

Post by Xenosaga Mon Jul 26, 2010 12:18 pm

Drawing her wand, Rosa made a face. Something between a frown and a thoughtful look. She was about to move toward Hannah when the train jerked and nearly knocked her off her feet. Quickly, she supported herself by latching onto part of the window with one hand.

"Oh my god," she breathed, eyes wider and pupils dilated. That had nearly given her a heart attack. Once making sure the train was properly moving and there wasn't going to be any sudden jerks again, Rosa planted herself back on her feet. Then, she returned to what she had been about to do.

After a moment, positioning herself so, if the spell worked, she wouldn't accidentally send it flying into Hannah's face, she poked the wrapper in Hannah's hand. It tilted.

"Flipendo," she ordered more than said, poking the wrapper. To her disbelief and excitement, it flew. And it hit the wall and proceeded to explode. Nothing big, just something along the lines of a firecracker exploding. Rosa choked on her own saliva in shock and began coughing.

"Well," she croaked before coughing some more, waving a hand as the blackened spot on the compartment door began to smoke. "That didn't go so well." Rosa didn't dwell on it for long, though she was a tad bit worried about whether or not that was going to keep happening. If it did, she was in trouble. The thought made her make a face again. This time, it was a deep, deep frown. She then sent rather pitiful eyes at Hannah. "Sorry about that Hannah. You aren't hurt, are you?"
Xenosaga
Xenosaga
Never Awaken
Never Awaken

Back to top Go down

Post by Zerifachias Mon Jul 26, 2010 3:45 pm

Hannah was crouched down, facing the furniture, her back turned towards Rosa in a depressing slump. She began mumbling a few words, "At least it moved." It wasn't directed at particularly anyone, just something she said to describe her mood.

The train gave another mighty lurch and was soon off to full speed ahead. Hannah, caught off guard, managed to save herself from falling off her seat. Her eyes were wide as dinner plates due to the shock of nearly having broken her own neck.

"Unpleasant..." Hannah squeaked, quickly getting in a more proper seating position, as if fearing the train might try to knock her down again. "That was reeeaally unpleasant."

"Try not to do that at Hogwarts." Kelly said with a smile, "The chairs might try to throw you off."

"They can do that!?" Hannah's eyes got even wider, her mouth practically dropping to the floor. Kelly only laughed at her, not giving an answer. Hannah grumbled again, "Stupid magic."
Zerifachias
Zerifachias
Totes-Mcgoats
Totes-Mcgoats

Back to top Go down

Post by Xenosaga Mon Jul 26, 2010 4:06 pm

"It may have moved but if every spell I end up using makes things explode, I don't think it'll be long before I get into trouble," Rosa said in an almost reassuring way, though her voice was trembling. She didn't want to get into trouble. She just wanted to live through her school years normally. But, somehow, she felt it wasn't going to be like that.

Lost in her thoughts, she didn't realize she was in trouble until the train gave another lurch. Eyes wide, Rosa found herself knocked sideways, falling into her seat and her head slammed into the wall. Pain racked through her brain and she made some highly strange noises that ended with a groan before slumping over.

After a moment, she sat up and blinked at her companions, attempting to clear her vision. White spots had decided to impair her sight and she stared at them, dazed. Once they disappeared, along with the pain well not really, Rosa focused her attention back on Hannah and Kelly.

"I'm okay!" she declared, smiling brightly. Rosa pushed back the urge to laugh from the pain, that would just make things weird, and refused to grimace, wince or flinch. "And I don't think they do that. That would be mean." A thought suddenly came into her mind and she blinked at the unpleasant sensation of her brain working when she had just hit it terribly hard. "What House do you want to be in Hannah?"
Xenosaga
Xenosaga
Never Awaken
Never Awaken

Back to top Go down

Post by Zerifachias Mon Jul 26, 2010 4:19 pm

"Er..." Hannah wasn't caught off guard by the question. She didn't know the answer herself. Figuring it would be best to go with a vague answer before deciding, she said, "I don't really mind what House I'm in, so long as I can make friends." Hannah smiled at her own words, nodding at them, as if they were floating in the air in front of her.

"Well, you definitely won't be in Slytherin," Kelly assured, "Not with your blood."

"My blood?" Hannah looked over at Kelly, wondering what in the world she was talking about. "I have AB positive blood, what's wrong with that?"

"AB positive? What's that, an illness?" Kelly replied, looking absolutely clueless. Hannah paused, then shook her head, telling Kelly to forget about it. Kelly shrugged, then continued to explain, "Slytherin is full of pure-bloods, meaning that they come from a long line of pure wizard parents. They say that half-bloods and muggle-borns are untrustworthy. I'm a pure-blood, but ended up in Ravenclaw."

Kelly frowned, furrowing her brow at Hannah, "If anyone, anyone at all, calls you a 'Mudblood', you come to me immediately. It's one of the worst things anyone can call a muggle-born witch or wizard. It means dirty blood."

"Mudblood?" Hannah repeated, implanting the word into her brain immediately as a curse.

"Yeah, if anyone calls you that, tell me or the House Head. It will be taken care of immediately. I only hope you're in Ravenclaw."
Zerifachias
Zerifachias
Totes-Mcgoats
Totes-Mcgoats

Back to top Go down

Post by Xenosaga Mon Jul 26, 2010 4:27 pm

"I'm O," Rosa randomly added in and mentally smacked herself. She really needed to figure out a why to think before speaking. Shaking her head, it hurt to just shake her head, she glanced between the two girls. She pursed her lips.

Mudblood.

She had always hated that word.

"I've always found Hufflepuff a nice House," she stated simply, folding her hands in her lap. "But, as long as I don't get into trouble, I don't mind what House I get into." And maybe one that wasn't noisy. She liked her peace and quiet too sometimes. Rosa paused and made a face. "Well, maybe a quiet House would be nice too."
Xenosaga
Xenosaga
Never Awaken
Never Awaken

Back to top Go down

Post by Zerifachias Mon Jul 26, 2010 7:27 pm

"Hufflepuff?" Hannah looked up at the ceiling, wondering about that particular House. Kelly eyed Hannah for a second before talking to Rosa.

"Hufflepuff is full of loud people, although you'll never meet a Huffle-puffle that'll betray you. Bloody loyal they are," she said. "Ravenclaw's common room is pretty quiet most of the time. You'll see people talking and all, but everyone there likes a good quiet study. Doesn't mean that we don't party once in awhile. We were top in Quidditch for the last three years running. Surprised Griffindor quite a bit when we floored them." Kelly said happily, a huge grin on her face.

"What's Quidditch?"

If Kelly's jaw could have hit the floor, it would have. She stared at Hannah, completely stunned. Then, she closed her mouth, seeming to remember that Hannah had been brought up by Muggle parents.

"Only the best sport ever. Let me see if I can explain it for you..." Kelly scrunched up her face in a thoughtful position. "I'm really not the person to see about this, but I'll break it down from what I know. There are seven players to a team, and each one of them has their own broomstick to-"

"Broomstick? What for?" Hannah interrupted.

"If you keep interrupting me, I won't get to the point! But whatever, we play on broomsticks. You know, fly around on them. There are three types of balls. The first is the Quaffle, which is a big, bright red ball. Chasers, three on a team, try to get the Quaffle through the opposing team's goal hoops. There are three goal hoops, each one at least fifty feet high. The Keeper is the one who protects the goal hoops. Getting a goal results in 10 points for that team. The second type of ball, which there are two of, is the Bludger. They're small black balls that zoom around trying to knock players off their brooms."

"Isn't that dangerous?"

"Yeah, but nobody has died in decades. Anyway, there are two Beaters on each team, who protect their team from the Bludgers, and they also are allowed to hit them at the opposing team, to mess them up. You need geniuses for Beaters, or it just doesn't work. And the last ball is the Snitch. It's a tiny golden ball with mini-wings. It flies all over the place, and the Seekers are the ones who have to catch it. The team that catches the Snitch gets an extra one-hundred and fifty points. It also ends the game. Get it?"

"Uh..." Hannah was holding her head by the end of it, "It sounds like a really rough sport. Really exciting too. But rough."
Zerifachias
Zerifachias
Totes-Mcgoats
Totes-Mcgoats

Back to top Go down

Post by Xenosaga Mon Jul 26, 2010 7:48 pm

Upon hearing about Hufflepuff, Rosa frowned. And that had sounded like a nice House too. Maybe she could get used to it. Ravenclaw sounded nice. And people read books there. But, Rosa wasn't sure she would be able to get in. Nearly becoming lost in her mind, Rosa's thoughts were shattered with a single word.

Oh god, Quidditch. Just the thought made her want to puke. She remembered her first experience riding a broomstick. Rosa slowly brought a hand to her forehead, closing her eyes and she paled. The broomstick had gone out of control as soon as she sat on it and she had been so terrified that she hadn't been able to tear her hands from it. It was only when her brother cast a freezing charm on the broomstick that she was still alive.

It had been wonderful, the most amazing thing she had ever seen when she first saw it. But ever since that incident, Rosa had never been able to look at flying the same ever again. Then again, flying of any sort was also considered transportation and she got sick on anything of the sort.

"Papa told me some games can last for days if the Snitch isn't caught," she decided to input, opening her eyes and willing the blood to reenter her cheeks. She didn't want them to worry. "It's a really dangerous sport if people aren't careful. I remember hearing about a rogue Bludger once. It had a spell cast on it, making it go wild."

Rosa paused, resisting the urge to grimace at the thought of being constantly chased by a speeding ball of hard leather. Or whatever they were made out of. She didn't know, she never cared enough to ask or research about it. It wasn't like she was going to become a Quidditch player, not with her fear of heights.

"Nobody's died but they have been severe injuries," Rosa quickly continued, refocusing her attention on the girls. She began to list them, using her fingers to count them off. "Broken arms, broken ribs, cracked skulls, broken legs, twisted ankles, concussions, internal bleeding, broken wrists and I might be missing some. Unless you have have confidence and don't mind the pain, Quidditch isn't a very good idea."
Xenosaga
Xenosaga
Never Awaken
Never Awaken

Back to top Go down

Post by Zerifachias Mon Jul 26, 2010 7:56 pm

"First-years aren't allowed to compete or even have broomsticks." Kelly said, "But yeah, there are a lot of injuries. And Madam Pomfrey can mend broken bones in a heartbeat! Why, just last year she mended Ravenclaw's Seeker from a rather nasty shattered arm. Two Bludgers at once. Not pretty. Elizabeth had to stay in the hospital wing for a few days, but after that, it was almost as if she hadn't been hurt at all."

Kelly frowned, "This is her last year though. We're going to need a new Seeker after Elizabeth leaves. And a new team captain."

"I don't suppose you'll be joining, huh?" Hannah asked Kelly, wondering if she herself could be any good at Quidditch. Sure, injuries were a problem, but with magic, it wouldn't be too bad.

"Me?" Kelly seemed a bit flustered, "No, no, no, I'm n-not going to join. I-uh...I'm bad on brooms. No confidence you see..." Kelly laughed nervously, scratching the back of her head.
Zerifachias
Zerifachias
Totes-Mcgoats
Totes-Mcgoats

Back to top Go down

Post by Xenosaga Tue Jul 27, 2010 12:36 pm

"But I've heard the potions taste horrible," Rosa plugged in. "I mean ,they could add flavoring but that would just add more work to their load. Unless you want to go through continuous treatments before you weren't careful, you'll lose your tastebuds in no time." It was then Rosa realized she was being highly pessimistic. She frowned. Was it because of her dislike of the sport?

No way. Shaking her head, Rosa decided not to dwell on it. It was stupid, anyway.

"I don't think I'll ever try Quidditch, I have a low tolerance for pain," Rosa admitted, getting back to the conversation. "Not to mention I'm scared of heights." She knew she didn't have to add that in but it had just slipped out of her mouth. "I'm sure you would do wonderfully, Kelly. Why don't you at least try out?"
Xenosaga
Xenosaga
Never Awaken
Never Awaken

Back to top Go down

Post by Zerifachias Tue Jul 27, 2010 1:40 pm

"Uh-no, I'm not going to try out. Besides, we have plenty of good players who aren't on the team yet." Kelly said. "I'm more of a Transfiguration girl than anything else, really. That repelling charm I taught you guys is just one that I managed to get on my first try. Oh..." Kelly's comment about the repelling charm had done it. Hannah was now looking down at the ground, hugging her legs.

"Don't worry about it Hannah!" Kelly said hastily, attempting to bring Hannah back from her depressed mood. "I'm positive you'll be able to do it next time, here, why don't you keep trying?" Kelly picked up a crumpled-up wrapper and held it out in front of Hannah. Hannah stared at it for awhile, but soon poked it with her wand, muttering something. When nothing happened, Hannah put her wand away. Kelly frowned, "You have to be articulate you know. Rosa, can you help me? Hannah seems really down."
Zerifachias
Zerifachias
Totes-Mcgoats
Totes-Mcgoats

Back to top Go down

Post by Xenosaga Tue Jul 27, 2010 3:07 pm

"Don't worry about it, Hannah," Rosa began cheerfully, grinning like an idiot. "Most people can't even say the spell right, causing many interesting things to happen. All you really have to do is put more force into it. Don't be afraid. Show it who's boss! If you can't control your spells, you might end up killing us all!"

She continued to grin, looking a little too happy. It was almost possible to see flowers and hearts floating behind her.

"Or!" she followed it up rather loudly, looking far too excited. "You're just hungry. Magic uses a lot of energy. It's like our way of exercise. That's why we end up eating a lot. Surprisingly enough, we end up burning a lot of fat that way!" Rosa suddenly began to eye Hannah critically, dark eyes sharpening behind her pink glasses. "Did you eat enough before getting on the train?"
Xenosaga
Xenosaga
Never Awaken
Never Awaken

Back to top Go down

Post by Sponsored content

Sponsored content

Back to top Go down

Page 3 of 4 Previous  1, 2, 3, 4  Next