Terraform

Page 1 of 8 1, 2, 3, 4, 5, 6, 7, 8  Next

View previous topic View next topic Go down

Terraform

Post by Masquerade on Mon Jun 24, 2013 10:35 pm

Lanaya Village, The Land of Rain and Mystery...

The calm of the morning was special today.  There was no din of rain upon the rooftops, no puddles formed in the usually murky soil.  A day that didn't start out with a morning shower was a rarity indeed, and a young girl by the name of Renee was not about to let it go to waste.  Renee lived in Lanaya Village in an area that used to be close to the old city of Las Vegas which had long deteriorated into nothing but dense jungle.  In the village, Renee was a huntress, venturing into the surrounding wilderness to execute monsters, hunt animals, and gather from the jungle's bounty, and she certainly made a great living off of it.  The jangle of Accra that she had accumulated sounded with in her small coin purse that hung off her hip with a tiny rope she had made herself.  She skipped along the broken sidewalk leading away from her slightly dilapidated house, her black curls bouncing as she went.  The few people out and about looked at her with such oddity despite being used to this kind of behavior, especially on days with little rain.  Cutting through a certain section of jungle that had kind of integrated itself into the village, Renee wound up in the central market, the hub of the village.  Several vendors had already set up shop, the young huntress wasn't worried about buying anything at the moment.  Coming to a stop in the center of the square, she waited for someone who was supposed to meet her there.

"Renee! I'm...I'm so sorry I'm late!" a rather small female voice sounded out through the market as a young girl came running along.  She was dressed in a green sundress with white frills, a white sash circling the waist and tied in a bow in the back.  She had a brown knapsack on her back that bounced as she ran, and eventually came to a stop in front of Renee.  "I hope you haven't been waiting for too terribly long," she said with a wide grin, her emerald eyes closed.  A swift hand brushed some blonde hair out of her face as she looked up towards Renee's face.

"There you are, Nona.  I wasn't waiting for long; you're okay," Renee chimed in response as her friend finally approached.  She reached down and ruffled her friend's hair a bit.

"So what did you want to meet me here for, not that I minded.  I...I always love hanging out with you, Renee," Nona admitted, casting a sidelong glance suddenly.

"Oh, don't make me blush, Nona," Renee replied, poking her tongue out, her dark eyes trying to peer into her friend's emerald ones.  Both of them laughed, but Renee was quick to divert her attention north.  "I heard there was going to be a weird assembly by the Caranda Falls.  No one knows who is presenting or what it's about.  Doesn't that emanate something ominous?"

Nona nodded eagerly in response.  "I think it sounds worth checking out.  Shall we?"

Renee nodded in response and headed up the path in a mad dash, leaving Nona to trundle behind.  The younger girl hated when Renee did that, knowing full and well that she couldn't keep up.  Renee specialized in getting around in the jungle, and her agility was nearly unmatched.  It was quite admirable when it wasn't a complete pain in the ass.  The two continued down the path which quickly became surrounded by trees on both sides, the canopy creating a massive stretch of shade where the sun couldn't be seen.  The passage opened up into a wide area with a large cliff from which a few small waterfalls fell, running into a small pond that ran into a river that cut its way through the nearby jungle.  They were the Caranda Falls, naturally.  The crowd gathered for the supposed assembly was small, and Renee and Nona took their place among them.  The presenter appeared to be a young man wearing a dark cloak.  His white hair was stunning, the bangs falling into his face, but crystalline blue eyes could be seen beneath.  A long sword hung at his hip.

Things grew silent as it appeared as though the stranger was about to speak.  "Thank you for gathering here today, villagers of Lanaya," the stranger spoke in what had to have been the most solemn voice that Renee had ever heard.  There was so much...mystery and sadness within it.  "I know it has been over a century since the Cataclysm, but I am here today to rouse in you some curiosity.  Have you all truly given up on finding out the source?"  Muttering throughout the crowd was instantaneous.  "What is it that changed our world such that we have to live this way?  What made it so that what we worked so hard to achieve has been lain to ruin?"  A smirk appeared on the stranger's face.  "So many questions, and the answers ARE out there.  Let us just say that not all things are as they seem."

The muttering has intensified.  "Why on earth is he bringing up the Cataclysm now?  That was so long ago.  Does it even matter anymore?" Renee whispered to Nona, slightly agitated.  The girl looked around at the other people in the crowd and wondered what they thought of all of this.

"I have come to you this day with a proposition."  The stranger drew his blade.  It gleamed in the sunlight that was filtering down into the clearing.  The muttering was at an all-time high now.  "Come.  Come with me on a quest to discover the truth.  Those scientists in their labs know nothing and never will.  Only feet that tread this new world of ours will discover the truth, for it lies within the world itself--not in meaningless, man-derived data.  Who among you is brave enough to leave the safety and sanctity of the village in order to see the world as it is?  To peer beyond the veil of illusion?"


Last edited by Masquerade on Tue Jul 16, 2013 12:36 pm; edited 2 times in total

_________________


*Thanks to Mayari for the wonderful avatar/signature combo

WhippedCreame wrote:oh god yes eat my spaghetti confetti

Masquerade
Eternal Dreamer
Eternal Dreamer

Posts : 16321
Join date : 2009-10-28
Age : 24
Location : Home or work. Or some post-apocalyptic dream.

View user profile http://eternaldream.forummotion.com

Back to top Go down

Re: Terraform

Post by Zerifachias on Tue Jun 25, 2013 9:54 am

As a scientist, one would think the young Karin would be living in a much wider space than the jungles of Lanaya Village. Many of her fellows thought the same, and lived in the more arid and spaced regions to build their needlessly large laboratories. The brunette believed far different from her cohorts, and lived in a small, tree-born house. It was here where she did her research. Oftentimes the villagers would recognize her as the Skyloft Scientist, which was a name the young Karin took with pride. She was, after all, living in a house close to the tree-and-cloud-obscured sky. How long has it been since she saw the vibrant colors of the sky above? One of Karin's ultimate desires was to penetrate the sky's barrier of tree and cloud and reveal once again the beautiful colors of the sky. She desired the ability to reveal the color of the sky, to control rainfall, and to bring another slice of joy to the village. Of course, she didn't want to completely deny rain, she just wanted to provide opportunities to reveal the sky.

The young Karin could move to a different location to see the sky, but she was rooted in her pride and stubbornness. After all, she wasn't the only one who wished to see the sky in this village. Plenty of villagers have come to her little hovel to give her encouragement, and every time that happened, the young Karin felt she got a little bit closer to unveiling the dome above, though she could never seem to crack that code.

Karin brushed a hand through her silky, black hair which fell just short of her shoulders. Having long hair in such a dense jungle was a pain to take care of, and keeping it short prevented it from interfering with her work. Karin's eyes scanned her tiny desk and bed, the obsidian orbs looking right through them. The young Karin was deep in her thoughts. Her body was covered by a black, skin-tight suit which was very easy to maneuver in. Blue veins lining the black gave color to her body, making her stand out quite well. Her shoulders, lower thighs, and stomach were exposed, the smooth, creamy white skin shining despite the dim lighting in her little skyloft.

Karin broke out of her trance, her head spinning towards the desk, her hair not far behind, and reached deep into one of the three drawers. When Karin retracted her hand, she pulled with her a strange, circular device. It was a tablet, like what the people used to have in the old world, only this one was created by Karin, using a different source of energy as power. Something that arose long ago, and was nearly infinite in supply. It was Mana, of course. That's what the other scientists called it.

Fiddling with the device a little, Karin placed the disk on a slot on the top of her right wrist. The glove's blue veins seemed to glow with the connection, but the light quickly faded back to normal. Digging again, Karin found another, similar device, and placed it on the top of her other wrist. This device, however, was not a computer like the other one was. It was merely a disk with a jagged blade. Karin often encountered monsters during her trips into the jungle, though she did not delve very deep, and needed a means of protection. With the second connection, Karin was satisfied and turned her body around, towards the open flap door of her skyloft.

Stretching her back, Karin yawned and eyes the jungle around her. It had not rained that morning, a rare thing indeed. But the jungle was as muggy as ever. Karin tapped her black boots against the wood of her skyloft, the blue veins lighting up ever so slightly. Satisfied, Karin  hopped off the balcony and plummeted to the ground below. Her knees buckled as she hit the ground, but the whole force of the impact was absorbed by the boots, which were also a part of her suit.

The young Karin allowed herself a smile. All of her gear was working properly today, that was more than enough cause for a smile. Karin never talked to herself, but if she did, she would be giddy with excitement. Knowing that there was to be some sort of announcement in the village, Karin headed towards the designated place, a barely noticeable spring in her step. She was a scientist, yes, but that didn't mean she had to be emotionless.

When she arrived, a crowd had already formed and it was difficult to get a good spot to look, due to her short stature. But that didn't matter much, since almost as soon as she arrived, whoever was holding the meeting began to speak. He spoke, and spoke, and so far his words meant almost nothing to Karin. The Cataclysm was a terrible event, one that forced the people to adapt to their new environment or die. Karin was a descendant of the few people who decided to live on, adapt, and figure out the truth, though the last part had little success and many failures. Karin inherited that will, nonetheless, and coupled it with her desire to reveal the sky.

What the man said next though, struck a nerve. Karin was well aware she knew next to nothing about the Cataclysm, and yet she still tried to understand it. But to say she will never know anything? That was a bit much. For 21 years, Karin lived in this village, only four of those years dedicated to research. She discovered nothing, other than a safe way to brave parts of the jungle. Her suit and disks allowed that much.

The young Karin felt as though she had been challenged. Her pride as a scientist, challenged. Her stubbornness to stay in the village gnawed at her, but Karin desired knowledge far more. And if this man was offering that to her, how could she refuse? Karin must at least give it a try. Though it was unheard of for a scientist to go on a journey, the young Karin stepped forward, breaking through the crowd of villagers, some of whom recognized her, yet did not stop her. They knew better than to plead with her. If Karin set her mind on something, there was little anyone could do to stop her.

Karin stopped in front of the strange man. Now that she got a good look on him, her lips curled in a slight smile. He was certainly very strange, his sword even more so. After examining the man with her obsidian eyes, Karin placed a hand on her hip, careful not to puncture herself with the edge of the disk.

"As a scientist, I wish for the secrets to be revealed in a way that a common man could understand them," Karin spoke for the first time in what seemed like days, though her voice was fresh and smooth. "I'll take your offer, stranger. One more thing to add to my agenda is not a problem." Karin heard a few murmurs in the crowd, obviously about her, but she ignored them. The villagers could wait. She would explain her reasons to them...in time. Now was not the time.

Zerifachias
Totes-Mcgoats
Totes-Mcgoats

Posts : 16208
Join date : 2009-11-01
Age : 24
Location : Naletia

View user profile

Back to top Go down

Re: Terraform

Post by Kurio on Tue Jun 25, 2013 11:58 am

It was a rather calm day in the jungle, everything seemed very still and there was barely any noise, almost complete silence. Katyusha stood among several trees with pieces of wood hanging from the branches. Each piece had several red circles crudely pained on them with a red dot in the center. These were her training grounds, after all a soldier needs to always be in top form. Though ever since the Cataclysm Katyusha's family no longer found use for their skills. But it wasn't like they could just stop when they had such a rich family tradition of military service, that would be disgraceful to their ancestors. So Katyusha carried with her the idea that by retaining her skills as a soldier and passing on the family tradition to her descendants, one day they may find themselves needed once again.

The blonde girl mentally counted down, tightly gripping her two pistols. Three, two, one. Immediately her right arm flew to the side and she pulled the trigger, striking one of the planks right in the center red dot. At the exact same time her left arm aimed forward and she fired a shot, also hitting her target. Her arms whipped around to fire again and her body twisted and turned, almost as if she were dancing to a symphony of gunshots. The dance didn't last long only for about forty seconds before the girl came to a stop and put away the two pistols. Katyusha took a moment to examine her work, forty targets, forty shots, all of them were bulls-eyes. Feeling rather pleased with herself she turned and made her way to the village.

Upon arriving at the village Katyusha noticed a bit of commotion, a rather large crowd had gathered. It seemed that someone was making an announcement though Katyusha definitely didn't recognize the speaker as anyone from the village. Intrigued the soldier girl joined the numbers in the crowd, managing to catch most of the man's speech. To find out the source of the Cataclysm. To discover the truth of the world. It seemed interesting, but it was really the last part of the man's speech that really roused Katyusha. To leave the safety of the village and venture out to the land. This may have been the opportunity she was waiting for, where her skills as a soldier would finally be of use. She forced her way through the crowd of people and approached the speaker, giving a slight bow. "Katyusha, at your service sir."

Kurio
Masochistic Kitty Kat Maid
Masochistic Kitty Kat Maid

Posts : 8939
Join date : 2009-10-30
Age : 21
Location : I dunno 3:

View user profile

Back to top Go down

Re: Terraform

Post by Silver on Tue Jun 25, 2013 6:46 pm

Three days.

She had only occupied the inn in this village for three days, the first two of which had been spent recovering. It had been quite an arduous journey to get here–getting to the Land of Rain and Mystery from the Land of Sea and Bliss was no easy feat in and of itself. Luca had been unfortunately unlucky in this travel. Monsters had assaulted her rather often, more often than they had in even her earliest ventures. It certainly was strange given her experience with plunging into the great unknown of the world around her, but she supposed even masters have trouble every now and then.

Still, she would have liked to have spent her three days in greater comfort. Today marked her first official day in Lanaya, and so far she had done nothing but continue to laze around the inn. She blamed the innkeeper for that. Supposedly someone was supposed to come and show her around the village–the owner insisted on it. Practically an hour later and no one had come to whisk her away from this boring place into the 'mystery' this land promised. Luca did not make the move to argue however, it would be rather rude and, given she did not have some place else to stay, she did not decide to try and make enemies.

But this was getting ridiculous.

"Maybe I can slip out without him noticing..." Luca mused to herself, eyeing the front counter from the small sitting area. Oh, but she had already tried that earlier. He sat her back down himself and told her to wait–her tour guide would be around "very soon." She breathed out calmly, the action a sigh in her head. "Perhaps–" she had begun to debate only to be cut off by another man running into the inn. Luca shifted from her standing position, moving over expectantly.

"Not him," the innkeeper responded, eliciting another mental sigh from the young woman. "Yes, Caleb? What is it?"

"There's an assembly today, thought you'd like to check it out."

"No thanks, I don't have anyone to-"

Luca stepped over and tapped the man named Caleb, shifting his focus away from the innkeeper. "It sound interesting. I'll go." she answered smoothly, glancing over at the innkeeper for the briefest of moments. "It can't take too long; I'll come right back." the adventurer lied in response to his unanswered complaint, turning her attention back on the man. "Where to?"

Caleb did not argue with bringing her along instead of the innkeep. He actually seemed rather happy to be leading her to the assembly, not that she noticed much. Luca's eyes darted around each aspect of the environment, taking it in fully for the first time since she left Tivahn–her arrival had, after all, been on the verge of blacking out and she had had very little time to appreciate the aesthetics. One thought rang in her mind: Nothing like home. This jungle was probably the farthest thing from the expanse of sea she knew. She figured that explained her difficulty with the final leg of her journey–lack of experience with the area. That and the monsters had a home-field advantage.

Nevertheless, she did pay attention when Caleb announced they had arrived at the assembly spot. Luca's eyes immediately focused in on the white-haired individual who occupied everyone's attention; he certainly didn't appear to be like the other people around here. And when he started to speak, her gaze fell on an individual who whispered to a younger girl. She was irritated by his little speech about the Cataclysm; that much was obvious to her. Catching the last of the man's speech perfectly, Luca did not step forward right away. Her eyes remained locked on the irritated girl. Would she move forward? There was something about her that told the adventurer she would be a likely candidate to, but after several moments of consideration the girl did not. Luca stepped forward in her place... for now.

"My recent venture has only just begun," she answered, "but a new one is certainly welcomed."

And then her eyes fell back to Renee.

_________________

Silver
Prince of Dreams
Prince of Dreams

Posts : 9455
Join date : 2009-11-29
Age : 20
Location : I stand at a crossroads and stare at a question.

View user profile http://www.facebook.com/pages/Xavier-Rains/314656341904106

Back to top Go down

Re: Terraform

Post by Masquerade on Tue Jun 25, 2013 8:17 pm

Renee's eye twitched as people began to step up, just completely giving in to this stranger's request for adventurers to join him on some surely wild goose chase to find the truth behind the Cataclysm.  It had been over a hundred damn years, and no one had found it yet.  What made this arrogant guy so convinced that he would find it...unless he knew more than he let on.  One of the people who stepped up had their gaze on Renee and she shrunk back a bit.  Why was she being looked at?  The huntress wiped some sweat from her brow; the only thing bad about it not raining was that it was ten times more humid than usual.  Everything felt rather sticky, and Renee was starting to regret having to wear clothes today.  She turned her attention to Nona.  "Hey, I'm going...at least for a little bit. I need to see what this fool is up to," she whispered to her friend, darting a short, sharp look towards the stranger before gazing into Nona's eyes once more.  It pained her to know that she would have to leave the girl for a short while, but this was important.  Whatever this man knew, she was bound and determined to find out what it was.

Nona just beamed, placing a hand upon her own chest.  "I'm...I'm actually glad to hear you say that, Renee.  I think it would be good for you.  I was afraid you...you m-might waste the opportunity," she said a bit uneasily, stressing over the last part hoping not to sound insulting or anything.  "Do what you have to do."

Renee's hand clenched into a fist and she gave Nona a firm nod before embracing the girl.  "You be careful while I'm gone, all right?  You better still be here when I return.  Hopefully it won't take too long," Renee whispered into Nona's ear.  She pulled away and patted the young, blushing girl on the head before brushing through the people to reach the front.  Her heart was racing.  The women who had already stepped up seemed so powerful and willful.  They were putting their lives on the line for the truth.  It was intimidating, but she hoped to stand strong among them, pulling her own weight.

"I'll be joining as well," Renee stated firmly and loudly as she reached the front with the other girls.

A moment of near-silence, save the muttering of the crowd, fell upon the area as the stoic expression that had fallen upon the stranger's face did not fade.  He did not blink.  He did not move.  Was he breathing?  A smirk.  The gleam of his blue eyes could be seen behind the veil of bangs as he gazed at those who stepped forward.  All females?  "I see this village is full of brave, powerful women.  I'd like to see any sexists step forward and undertake this dangerous mission as these fine young women have."  The stranger chuckled and was about to sheathe his sword, but halted.  

"A search for the truth in the name of science."  His eyes fell upon the girl with the tight suit.

"A desire to test one's skills with an innate passion to defend."  The gun-wielding woman became the focus of his attention for a moment.

"A yearning for adventure?"  The stranger paused for a moment as he gave the agile-looking woman who claimed to be done with a recent venture an up and down.  "We shall see."

"And a lack of trust.  Or perhaps it's curiosity?"  He reached out a hand and took Renee gently by the chin causing her to blush instantly.

The huntress slapped his hand away.

"So testy.  Riddle me this, my volunteers: are you ready for the ensuing chaos?"  As he spoke his words, people began screaming as small, short plantlike creatures came trundling out of the nearby jungle.  They had a slightly humanoid appearance, looking like small girls, their leafy bodies and limbs bending slightly, a large crimson flower atop their nearly feature-less faces.  They had mouths that were turned down in frowns.  "Or will you be consumed by it?"  Buzzing sounded from the tropical trees as stingers began firing into the crowd.  The people screamed louder and began to disperse, a large monstrous bee emerging from the wilderness.  It's wings filled the air with buzzing as they kept the insect suspended in the air.  It's black and white fuzz was tinged with crimson like blood, and the stinger emerging from its bottom was sharp and dangerous.  Anyone lingering scattered at the sight of it.

Renee's mouth opened wide as wires flew through the air.  The sun gleamed off of the twine that was now wrapped around the huntress's fingers.  She looked around seeing that Nona had indeed fled.  A sigh of relief emanated from her mouth, but she didn't drop her guard.

The stranger smirked again, brandishing his weapon.  

"Let the journey begin."

Chapter 00: The New World

Location: Caranda Falls - Pondside Clearing

Objective: Defeat all enemies!

Background: ~Don't Let the Doubt Set In~

{ } {t} {t} { } { } { } {~} {~} {~} A
{t} {t} { } { } {R} { } {~} {~} {~} B
{ } { } { } { } {S} { } { } {~} {~} C
{t} { } { } { } { } { } { } {~} {~} D
{t} {F} { } { } { } { } { } {~} {~} E
{t} { } { } { } { } { } {t} { } {~} F
{ } { } { } { } { } { } { } { } { } G
{t} {H} { } { } { } { } { } {t} { } H
{t} { } { } {t} {t} { } {B} { } { } I
{ } {t} {t} { } { } {t} { } { } { } J
-1---2---3---4---5---6---7---8---9


Stranger (???)
HP: 30/30
MP: 15/15
DD: 0/10
Atk: 5
Def: 3
Int: 1
Spr: 3
Evade: 3%
Move: 3 cells

Renee (Huntress) *HASTE*
HP: 20/20
MP: 20/20
DD: 0/10
Atk: 6
Def: 2
Int: 1
Spr: 4
Evade: 5%
Move: 4 cells

Honey (Stinger) *FLYING*
HP: 20/20
MP: 20/20
DD: --/--
Atk: 4
Def: 1
Int: 1
Spr: 2
Evade: 5%
Move: 6 cells

Fragile (Delicate Flora)
HP: 15/15
MP: 25/25
DD: --/--
Atk: 3
Def: 1
Int: 3
Spr: 2
Evade: 3%
Move: 3 cells

Break (Delicate Flora)
HP: 15/15
MP: 25/25
DD: --/--
Atk: 3
Def: 1
Int: 3
Spr: 2
Evade: 3%
Move: 3 cells

{t} - Tropical Tree (cannot be occupied)

{~} - Water (cannot be occupied)

Players may start in rows A-B!


Last edited by Masquerade on Fri Jun 28, 2013 9:34 pm; edited 2 times in total

_________________


*Thanks to Mayari for the wonderful avatar/signature combo

WhippedCreame wrote:oh god yes eat my spaghetti confetti

Masquerade
Eternal Dreamer
Eternal Dreamer

Posts : 16321
Join date : 2009-10-28
Age : 24
Location : Home or work. Or some post-apocalyptic dream.

View user profile http://eternaldream.forummotion.com

Back to top Go down

Re: Terraform

Post by Silver on Tue Jun 25, 2013 8:31 pm

Luca starts at A4!

So the girl did step up. Good. Luca felt she had something to her that set her apart from the rest of the people. Her gaze remained on the girl briefly, but soon drifted to the ensuing chaos. Without the slightest hesitation, the adventurer briskly drew a rapier that had been resting on her hip. Her eyes fell on the stranger who had predicted such sudden calamity. "If that's your idea of a parlor trick I'm afraid I'm not overly impressed. However," she sliced the air once, "I could use the exercise." She readied her stance, gaze now directed at the nearest flora. It would fall swiftly.


Last edited by Silver on Tue Jun 25, 2013 9:09 pm; edited 2 times in total

_________________

Silver
Prince of Dreams
Prince of Dreams

Posts : 9455
Join date : 2009-11-29
Age : 20
Location : I stand at a crossroads and stare at a question.

View user profile http://www.facebook.com/pages/Xavier-Rains/314656341904106

Back to top Go down

Re: Terraform

Post by Zerifachias on Tue Jun 25, 2013 8:44 pm

Karin starts in B-4.

The truth would be revealed to her. Of this, Karin was sure. She never went too far out into the wilderness, because she was not prepared for the danger that lurked within the jungle. But now, she was given an opportunity. A chance to travel with someone who knows the land, and is strong enough to support her. Not to mention, with Karin's technology, it would make his journey all that much easier. She hoped for this, at least.

With the appearance of the jungle beasts, Karin knew what had to be done, though the stranger's words seemed odd. It was as if he predicted that something like this would come. As if he knew it would happen. Although, it was unlikely he had any part in causing this to happen. Something about this stranger seemed to convey that to Karin.

The young Karin prepared herself for the battle ahead. Though the numbers of her enemies were small, it would not be well to underestimate the jungle. Anything could happen at this point, Karin merely needed to apply her scientific genius to survive. To survive, and protect the villagers. Those were her main priorities.

Zerifachias
Totes-Mcgoats
Totes-Mcgoats

Posts : 16208
Join date : 2009-11-01
Age : 24
Location : Naletia

View user profile

Back to top Go down

Re: Terraform

Post by Kurio on Tue Jun 25, 2013 9:03 pm

Katyusha starts at cell B-3

Aside from her there were three other women who had stepped up to take the offer presented by the mysterious man. They would be her subordinates, or rather her comrades as there was no established military. Katyusha would carefully study each one of them to get a good idea of their skills and ability.

Though it appeared that her eyes would mostly be kept on the strange man as monsters broke into the village just as he had mentioned chaos, as if on cue. The strange man, although not quite having the appearance or presence of a villain, was starting to become a bit suspicious. She couldn't call him out on it yet though, she didn't have any real evidence, only a slight suspicion. Katyusha turned her attention back to the monsters, as long as she kept a close eye on the man he wouldn't get away with trying anything funny.

Kurio
Masochistic Kitty Kat Maid
Masochistic Kitty Kat Maid

Posts : 8939
Join date : 2009-10-30
Age : 21
Location : I dunno 3:

View user profile

Back to top Go down

Re: Terraform

Post by Gist on Wed Jun 26, 2013 10:18 pm

Thage watched as the assembly grew larger and larger around the strange man. Under the cover of trees, she tried to make herself as hidden as she possibly could. She was not sure of the man's intentions, but his wording was enticing. She was not sure what kind of action she wished to take, given that it was curiosity that led to her older sister's demise. All she could do as the introductions were made was stay silent. Renee, the vibrant archer, Katyusha, the gallant gunslinger, Karin, the eccentric scientist, and Luca, the mysterious traveler. She watched them all with spring green eyes as the chosen few stepped forward. She continued to stay silent. She did not want to be seen, as she was still in a tense indecision. As the odd man closed the introductions and turned to introduce the chaos, she let out a small gasp. Strange creatures seemed to appear from nowhere. The people that volunteered to venture with the strange man took their positions near him. She was still unsure of what she really wanted, and she stayed within the shelter of her barrier of trees as she considered. Would she end up like her sister if she took curiosity? Or would she come out enlightened, knowing more than when she started. She continued to stand there, holding her printless tome, turning it over and over...

[Thage starts in A1!]

Gist
Void Sleeper
Void Sleeper

Posts : 569
Join date : 2013-05-31
Age : 21
Location : Texas

View user profile

Back to top Go down

Re: Terraform

Post by Masquerade on Thu Jun 27, 2013 11:31 am

Chapter 00: The New World

Location: Caranda Falls - Pondside Clearing

Objective: Defeat all enemies!

Background: ~Don't Let the Doubt Set In~

{T} {t} {t} {L} { } { } {~} {~} {~} A
{t} {t} {A} {K} {R} { } {~} {~} {~} B
{ } { } { } { } {S} { } { } {~} {~} C
{t} { } { } { } { } { } { } {~} {~} D
{t} {F} { } { } { } { } { } {~} {~} E
{t} { } { } { } { } { } {t} { } {~} F
{ } { } { } { } { } { } { } { } { } G
{t} {H} { } { } { } { } { } {t} { } H
{t} { } { } {t} {t} { } {B} { } { } I
{ } {t} {t} { } { } {t} { } { } { } J
-1---2---3---4---5---6---7---8---9


Stranger (???)
HP: 30/30
MP: 15/15
DD: 0/10
Atk: 5
Def: 3
Int: 1
Spr: 3
Evade: 3%
Move: 3 cells

Renee (Huntress) *HASTE*
HP: 20/20
MP: 20/20
DD: 0/10
Atk: 6
Def: 2
Int: 1
Spr: 4
Evade: 5%
Move: 4 cells

Luca (Adventurer)
HP: 20/20
MP: 25/25
DD: 0/10
Atk: 5
Def: 3
Int: 1
Spr: 3
Evade: 10%
Move: 5 cells

Karin (Computation Engineer)
HP: 25/25
MP: 20/20
DD: 0/10
Atk: 4
Def: 3
Int: 4
Spr: 2
Evade: 3%
Move: 3

Katyusha (Gunslinger) *SURE HIT* *ENERGY COLLECTION [0]*
HP: 15/15
MP: 30/30
DD: 0/10
Atk: 1
Def: 2
Int: 5
Spr: 4
Evade: 2%
Move: 3 cells

Thage (Arcane Mistress)
HP: 25/25
MP: 20/20
DD: 0/10
Atk: 1
Def: 2
Int: 5
Spr: 4
Evade: 2%
Move: 2 cells

Honey (Stinger) *FLYING*
HP: 20/20
MP: 20/20
DD: --/--
Atk: 4
Def: 1
Int: 1
Spr: 2
Evade: 5%
Move: 6 cells

Fragile (Delicate Flora)
HP: 15/15
MP: 25/25
DD: --/--
Atk: 3
Def: 1
Int: 3
Spr: 2
Evade: 3%
Move: 3 cells

Break (Delicate Flora)
HP: 15/15
MP: 25/25
DD: --/--
Atk: 3
Def: 1
Int: 3
Spr: 2
Evade: 3%
Move: 3 cells

{t} - Tropical Tree (cannot be occupied)

{~} - Water (cannot be occupied)

Player Phase 1!

Stranger waits.

The solemn stranger made not a single move.  He had no interest in laying waste to such weak foes, nor did he have to prove his strength to his new allies.  That would come in time when they truly needed it.  Something else had garnered his attention however.  A new presence hidden just within the nearby trees.  Now that was rather interesting.  The rest of the crowd had dispersed, their frightened footprints temporarily scarring the ground, proof that something awful had happened.  And yet where did this new person come from?  Another smirk befell his face, and he was glad that none of his allies could see it for the moment.  They probably already had suspicions about him, but what else could be expected from someone shrouded in naught but mystery?  They hadn't even been allowed to do introductions!  What a shame.

"Indecision?  It is quite unbecoming of a possible ally," the stranger said aloud to what appeared to be no one in particular, a hint of knowing in his voice.  The person he was talking to would know who they were.  Did they really plan on helping, or would they persist to remain in the sanctity of the pungent jungle brush?  There was nothing left to do but to wait and see.  The outcome would be intriguing regardless.


Chaos.

How the hell had the stranger known this was going to happen?  Were his senses so sharp that he perhaps heard the monsters approaching?  There were so many questions surrounding this mysterious figure and not enough answers.  Renee looked to her side and noticed the young woman in the skin-tight outfit.  She seemed familiar.  Her eyes widened as the realization dawned on her: it was the Skyloft Scientist.  She was known for being rather quiet and reclusive, and extremely intelligent at that.  Around the village, people spoke of an ambitious girl who desired to break the continuous overcast that plagued the Land of Rain and Mystery such that the sky itself could be viewed every day.  A noble endeavor to be sure, but for now it seemed as though...Karin, wasn't it?  Yes, that was her real name.  Karin was getting wrapped up in this nonsensical adventure to find the truth behind the Cataclysm.  Perhaps finding the truth to that would aid her in her other scientific prospects?

Renee uses Canopy Glide! [Moves to G8][Next attack deals 10% more damage]

MP: 12/20

Renee uses Wire Pierce on Break!  8 Dmg! (ATK)

MP: 6/20

Breaking through the veil of awe that was shrouding her, Renee honed in on the faraway floral creature.  If it hoped that distance would delay its demise, it was so mistaken.  Taking a deep breath, she let her wires fly free through the air, channeling her mana to make them fly farther until they wrapped around the branch of a tree near the enemy she had marked for elimination.  Crouching low, she sprung high into the air, hanging on to her wires tightly, though they were wrapped around her fingers so she wasn't going to fall unless they were cut.  Her agile form literally flew through the air, the wires invisible unless looked at with the right angle.  Taking a turn, she landed between two trees, withdrawing the wires and quickly sending them towards the flora, the points digging into the creatures body.  With a mighty yank, the wires returned to Renee, and she stood her ground.

"Pathetic creatures.  I've hunted stronger than this," Renee said with a rather confident grin as she gazed upon her handiwork from behind the tree.

Renee waits.


Last edited by Masquerade on Fri Jun 28, 2013 8:53 pm; edited 2 times in total

_________________


*Thanks to Mayari for the wonderful avatar/signature combo

WhippedCreame wrote:oh god yes eat my spaghetti confetti

Masquerade
Eternal Dreamer
Eternal Dreamer

Posts : 16321
Join date : 2009-10-28
Age : 24
Location : Home or work. Or some post-apocalyptic dream.

View user profile http://eternaldream.forummotion.com

Back to top Go down

Re: Terraform

Post by Kurio on Thu Jun 27, 2013 6:46 pm

Katyusha moves to cell E-3

Katyusha shifted her gaze once again to the corners of her eyes, more specifically at the stranger once again. He was just standing there and speaking out loud to no one in particular, it seemed. And he did nothing else, despite being in possession of a sword. He didn't move to attempt to strike down the monsters that appeared. It was quite peculiar but as much as Katyusha would like to question the stranger the monsters were the immediate threat. She would just have to watch her back while she and the others dealt with them.

The massive bee appeared to be the strongest and perhaps most dangerous of the monsters. Katyusha took off in a dash, stopping beside one of the other monsters and drawing her two pistols. One was pointed toward the bee while the other toward the sky and after a few button presses a little red dot appeared on the body of the bee. Within a few seconds a barrage of rockets broke through the canopy atop the jungle, bombarding the bee.

Katyusha uses Hornet's Nest on Honey. 5 INT Dmg per hit, 8 hits
MP: 12/30

Kurio
Masochistic Kitty Kat Maid
Masochistic Kitty Kat Maid

Posts : 8939
Join date : 2009-10-30
Age : 21
Location : I dunno 3:

View user profile

Back to top Go down

Re: Terraform

Post by Gist on Thu Jun 27, 2013 7:32 pm

Thage gasped as the man had mentioned her indecision. How had he known her thoughts? She knelt to the ground in fear that she had been seen. Looking through the foliage, she looked at the closely-knit group. Luca looked as if she wanted to tear the things apart. Thage thought about the man's statement. Lack of decision would never get her anywhere, right? And the fact that she had stayed had to mean something, right? Maybe... She needed to make a decision, and fast. The first movement was made by Katyusha, and she made her decision. Standing up, she opened her empty tome, let out a soft moan and a pink light emanated from within. A soft, golden light wrapped around Luca, and she disappeared without a trace. With a loud crack and a puff of green smoke, Luca reappeared beside the monster the farthest back from where she was. She collapsed in exshaustion, laying on the soft moss underneath, heaving and gasping for air.

Thage uses Juxtaposition! (MP: 10/20)
Thage moves Luca to I8! [[A4]-[I8]]
Chance of waiving 25% of the MP cost!
Thage waits...
Thage cannot act during the next Player Phase!

Gist
Void Sleeper
Void Sleeper

Posts : 569
Join date : 2013-05-31
Age : 21
Location : Texas

View user profile

Back to top Go down

Re: Terraform

Post by Silver on Fri Jun 28, 2013 7:47 pm

"Huh?" Luca blinked. She could have sworn she had been right near the rest of the group, and yet now she stood directly next to one of the floral monstrosities. Without hesitating, she quickly took a step toward it and slashed once only to follow through with a second. So long as she did not miss the thing, with the wounds Renee had already inflicted on the creature, it would fall swiftly. Luca retracted her stance, now able to process what the heck had just happened. "Did one of you cast a spell?" she called out to the others across the way, eyes locked on the mysterious stranger.

Luca uses Onset on Break! 2 Hits! 5 Atk Damage per hit!
Remaining Mp: 19/25


Without waiting for a reply, Luca then took to dashing over to the decimated bee-type enemy. Sure, she could not reach the final living menace, but it would be better to put herself in range. If the others did not take out the creature, certainly she would be able to end its existence. And then she could question the stranger. Her eyes locked on his form.

Yes.

She would question him.

Luca moves to H4!

_________________

Silver
Prince of Dreams
Prince of Dreams

Posts : 9455
Join date : 2009-11-29
Age : 20
Location : I stand at a crossroads and stare at a question.

View user profile http://www.facebook.com/pages/Xavier-Rains/314656341904106

Back to top Go down

Re: Terraform

Post by Zerifachias on Fri Jun 28, 2013 8:36 pm

The young Karin, though intelligent as she is, was not aware of another's presence until the woman behind her vanished and reappeared far, far away. Shocked by the odd magic, Karin glanced to her side at the stranger, but he seemed perfectly content doing nothing. Another look over her shoulder and she spotted a girl in between some trees, looking exhausted. Was it her that cast the teleportation spell? If so, that was an incredibly useful bit of magic, very unlike what Karin used.

Karin's magic involved something different. She used her tablet, her computer-like disk device, to tap into the energy source. With that, she could create a manner of different things, like barriers and safeguards. She could even heal wounds through specific calculations, though she doubted that would be needed anytime soon.

Taking a deep breath, Karin walked herself forward, the blue veins of her suit pulsing each time her feet hit the ground. She raised her bladed disk and snatched it off her arm, spinning her body around once before letting the bladed disk fly. It curved through the air and a incredible clip, making and arc to strike through the living plant and curving back towards Karin, who had to jump into the air to catch the boomerang disk.

Karin smiled.

Karin moves to D-4

Karin attacks Fragile! 4 Atk DMG!

Zerifachias
Totes-Mcgoats
Totes-Mcgoats

Posts : 16208
Join date : 2009-11-01
Age : 24
Location : Naletia

View user profile

Back to top Go down

Re: Terraform

Post by Masquerade on Fri Jun 28, 2013 9:21 pm

Honey takes 24 Dmg!

Honey KO!

Fragile takes 3 Dmg!

HP: 12/15

Break takes 15 Dmg!

Break PERFECT KILL!!

Chapter 00: The New World

Location: Caranda Falls - Pondside Clearing

Objective: Defeat all enemies!

Background: ~Don't Let the Doubt Set In~

{T} {t} {t} { } { } { } {~} {~} {~} A
{t} {t} { } { } { } { } {~} {~} {~} B
{ } { } { } { } {S} { } { } {~} {~} C
{t} { } { } {K} { } { } { } {~} {~} D
{t} {F} {A} { } { } { } { } {~} {~} E
{t} { } { } { } { } { } {t} { } {~} F
{ } { } { } { } { } { } { } {R} { } G
{t} { } {L} { } { } { } { } {t} { } H
{t} { } { } {t} {t} { } { } { } { } I
{ } {t} {t} { } { } {t} { } { } { } J
-1---2---3---4---5---6---7---8---9


Enemy Phase.

Fragile moves to D2.

Fragile uses Hold on Karin!  3 Dmg! (ATK) [Karin evades Immobilize]

MP: 17/25

S-Ability Draw Power increases strength of body and mind! [ATK +1][INT +1]

{T} {t} {t} { } { } { } {~} {~} {~} A
{t} {t} { } { } { } { } {~} {~} {~} B
{ } { } { } { } {S} { } { } {~} {~} C
{t} {F} { } {K} { } { } { } {~} {~} D
{t} { } {A} { } { } { } { } {~} {~} E
{t} { } { } { } { } { } {t} { } {~} F
{ } { } { } { } { } { } { } {R} { } G
{t} { } {L} { } { } { } { } {t} { } H
{t} { } { } {t} {t} { } { } { } { } I
{ } {t} {t} { } { } {t} { } { } { } J
-1---2---3---4---5---6---7---8---9


Player Phase 2!

Stranger (???)
HP: 30/30
MP: 15/15
DD: 0/10
Atk: 5
Def: 3
Int: 1
Spr: 3
Evade: 3%
Move: 3 cells

Renee (Huntress) *HASTE*
HP: 20/20
MP: 6/20
DD: 1/10
Atk: 6
Def: 2
Int: 1
Spr: 4
Evade: 5%
Move: 4 cells

Luca (Adventurer)
HP: 20/20
MP: 19/25
DD: 2/10
Atk: 5
Def: 3
Int: 1
Spr: 3
Evade: 10%
Move: 5 cells

Karin (Computation Engineer)
HP: 24/25
MP: 20/20
DD: 1/10
Atk: 4
Def: 3
Int: 4
Spr: 2
Evade: 3%
Move: 3

Katyusha (Gunslinger) *SURE HIT* *ENERGY COLLECTION [6]*
HP: 15/15
MP: 12/30
DD: 8/10
Atk: 1
Def: 2
Int: 5
Spr: 4
Evade: 2%
Move: 3 cells

Thage (Arcane Mistress)
HP: 25/25
MP: 10/20
DD: 0/10
Atk: 1
Def: 2
Int: 5
Spr: 4
Evade: 2%
Move: 2 cells

Honey (Stinger) *KO*

Fragile (Delicate Flora)
HP: 12/15
MP: 17/25
DD: --/--
Atk: 3
Def: 1
Int: 3
Spr: 2
Evade: 3%
Move: 3 cells

Break (Delicate Flora) *PERFECT KILL*

{t} - Tropical Tree (cannot be occupied)

{~} - Water (cannot be occupied)


Stranger moves to C2.

"Now that is more like it," the stranger muttered to himself as he took a few steps towards the brush near where the final flora made its stand. Being the somewhat omniscient being that he was, he knew where the source of the magic had come from--it was from the person to whom he spoke before, and it seemed as though they had made their decision after all. Now the question was whether this person would join them on the quest or not. Oh, but little do they know that we're far from done here at the present moment, he mused to himself in his mind, that enigmatic smirk never leaving his face. He could feel eyes upon his form and stared at the source--Luca--through gaps in his bangs. He gave her a reassuring grin. A slash had marred the flora, thick green sap running down the length of his blade suddenly. That was certainly fast. He watched as the plant creature started to slump over. Yes, it was succumbing to the effects of his innate magic. Wiping it up now would be easy.

"Come, someone put this thing out of its misery. It shouldn't feel a thing," the stranger purred, sheathing his blade and turning his back to the foe decisively as if saying the battle was as good as over. He wasn't worried about a counterattack. The thing would be deep in slumber before it even got the notion to do such a thing.

Stranger attacks Fragile! 5 Dmg! (ATK) [Fragile falls Asleep]


Renee turned quickly on her heel and analyzed the clearing. Two of the creatures had fallen leaving one in the distance. Her eyes widened as a gash suddenly appeared in its side. Who the hell had attacked it? Squinting slightly, she noticed the disgusting sap running down the stranger's blade. Did he...did he even swing his sword?! It was so fast! Renee's hands began shaking a bit as she watched the wounded flora start to slip into what appeared to be a slumber. There's definitely more to this guy than meets the eye, she thought, gripping her wires tightly. We need to watch ourselves around him. She tossed a gaze at each of her compatriots hoping that they wouldn't drop their guards. Taking a deep breath to stabilize herself, she released her wires, using her mana once more to have them wrap around a branch of a tree in the distance near the clearing's edge, closer to where the sleeping flora was. With a crouch and a pounce, Renee was soaring once more, the warm air tousling her hair as she flew, coming to a grinding halt next to the gunslinger.

Renee uses Canopy Glide! [Moves to E2][Next attack deals 10% more damage]

MP: 0/20

Renee attacks Fragile! 11 Dmg! CRITICAL!! (ATK)

Drawing her wires from the tree quickly, Renee smoothly launched an assault with the wires, swiping them through the air with such speed towards the flora that they lacerated the thing's plant body, more sap oozing from the cuts like blood. Renee collected her wire and tucked it away. The stranger was being rather arrogant, but she could concur at least that the battle was through. The stern, hardened expression on her young face melted away and she let out a sigh of relief. Looks like they'd live to see another day.

Renee waits.


* * *

Fragile takes 14 Dmg!

Fragile KO!

Chapter 00: The New World

Location: Caranda Falls - Pondside Clearing

Objective: Defeat all enemies!

Background: ~Don't Let the Doubt Set In~

{T} {t} {t} { } { } { } {~} {~} {~} A
{t} {t} { } { } { } { } {~} {~} {~} B
{ } {S} { } { } { } { } { } {~} {~} C
{t} { } { } {K} { } { } { } {~} {~} D
{t} {R} {A} { } { } { } { } {~} {~} E
{t} { } { } { } { } { } {t} { } {~} F
{ } { } { } { } { } { } { } { } { } G
{t} { } {L} { } { } { } { } {t} { } H
{t} { } { } {t} {t} { } { } { } { } I
{ } {t} {t} { } { } {t} { } { } { } J
-1---2---3---4---5---6---7---8---9


All enemies have been defeated!
CHAPTER COMPLETE!!

EXPERIENCE:

+2 - Stinger x1
+2 - Delicate Flora x1 PERFECT KILL
+2 - Player Phase completed less than 10
+2 - No Player Character KO
+2 - No D-Abilities used
+2 - No Items used
+1 - Delicate Flora x1

TOTAL EXP GAIN: 13

Stranger: 0/12 --- 13/12
Level UP!
3 Stat Points gained!
Next Level: 1/16
DD: 1/10

Renee: 0/12 --- 13/12
Level UP!
3 Stat Points gained!
Next Level: 1/16
DD: 2/10

Luca: 0/12 --- 13/12
Level UP!
3 Stat Points gained!
Next Level: 1/16
DD: 2/10

Karin: 0/12 --- 13/12
Level UP!
3 Stat Points gained!
Next Level: 1/16
DD: 1/10

Katyusha: 0/12 --- 13/12
Level UP!
3 Stat Points gained!
Next Level: 1/16
DD: 8/10

Thage: 0/12 --- 13/12
Level UP!
3 Stat Points gained!
Next Level: 1/16
DD: 0/10

Skill Points Awarded!

+1: Stranger, Renee, Luca, Karin, Katyusha, Thage

The Party finds 4 Accra!

Items found:

---Torn Leaf x2
---Crimson Bulb x1

Edit your profiles, please~ Update will come shortly.

_________________


*Thanks to Mayari for the wonderful avatar/signature combo

WhippedCreame wrote:oh god yes eat my spaghetti confetti

Masquerade
Eternal Dreamer
Eternal Dreamer

Posts : 16321
Join date : 2009-10-28
Age : 24
Location : Home or work. Or some post-apocalyptic dream.

View user profile http://eternaldream.forummotion.com

Back to top Go down

Re: Terraform

Post by Masquerade on Sat Jun 29, 2013 10:47 pm

With the monsters lain to waste, a great calm fell upon the clearing, nothing but silence present save for the deep breathing of those who had taken on a more exhaustive physical role in the fight.  Renee kept her wires out.  Despite joining the stranger, she didn't feel safe around...him?  The huntress looked around but noticed that the stranger was nowhere to be found.  The bastard!  He was about as untrustworthy as they came.  Trembling slightly, she was about to inquire of the others before her eyes were forced to widen as a sudden chill befell her.  The whole of the area grew dark, the air distorted with black, violet, and dark green waves.  The falls seemed to be the only thing unfazed by the distortion.  There was something seriously wrong here.

"Come, wayward questants!  Our task is not complete!" the stranger's voice resounded through the clearing.  Upon looking up, the group would notice that he had appeared high above on the cliff over which the Caranda Falls fell.  Blasting out of the water behind him was what could only be described as a malevolent serpent of sorts, its color scheme similar to the distortion of the air, though there was a certain translucence to its serpentine body, the violet scales shimmering while its creamy underbelly remained dull in contrast.  Its glowing yellow eyes seemed to hone down on the stranger first, but then it settled upon the group.  A couple of booms resounded from behind, and the stranger agilely dodged a couple of projectiles that were fired from the water.  Whatever was up there, the serpent was not alone.

Renee furrowed her brow.  Never before had she felt this degree of disturbance, and here was the stranger as nonchalant as ever--as if he had written this horrid play and knew the outcome would be in their favor.  Or perhaps he was just a fool and they were deluded into thinking he was more than just some enigmatic mortal.  Regardless, Renee's instincts kicked in.  She hadn't run before and she sure as hell wasn't running now.  "I don't get the chance to hunt things like this normally, so might as well seize the opportunity," she smirked to herself, releasing her wire which dug into the top of the cliff.  Crouching down, she sprung upwards towards the cliff wall and began scaling it with great ease, landing upon the top and taking a battle stance.

"Two's a party, but I was looking for something along the lines of a crowd," the stranger mused loudly, clearly directing his comment to the rest who had yet to join the fray.

Chapter 00-A: Phantasmal Falls

Location: Caranda Falls - Mythic Crest

Objective: Defeat the Ethereal Leviathan!

Background: ~Visage of Fear~

Achievement: Unfaltering Courage - Have all characters resist the effects of Inspire Fear in the same turn. [12 AP]

{ } { } { } { } {~} {~} {~} {~} {~} A
{t} { } { } { } {~} {~} {~} {~} {~} B
{C} { } { } { } {~} {~} {~} {~} {~} C
{ } {t} { } { } { } {~} {~} {~} {~} E
{t} { } {D} { } { } { } {~} {C} {~} F
{ } { } { } { } { } {A} {~} {~} {~} G
{t} { } { } { } { } { } {~} {~} {~} H
{ } {R} {S} { } { } {~} {~} {~} {~} I
{ } { } { } { } {~} {~} {~} {~} {~} J
{=} {=} {=} {=} {;} {;} {;} {;} {;} K
-1---2---3---4---5---6---7---8---9


Stranger (???)
HP: 35/35
MP: 15/15
DD: 1/10
Atk: 6
Def: 3
Int: 1
Spr: 4
Evade: 3%
Move: 3 cells

Renee (Huntress) *HASTE*
HP: 25/25
MP: 20/20
DD: 2/10
Atk: 7
Def: 2
Int: 1
Spr: 5
Evade: 5%
Move: 4 cells

Cadial (Ethereal Leviathan)
HP: 65/65
MP: 40/40
DD: 0/10
Atk: 5
Def: 2
Int: 6
Spr: 3
Evade: 5%
Move: 4 cells --- 6 cells

Dynamo (Cannon Clam)
HP: 15/15
MP: 25/25
DD: --/--
Atk: 5
Def: 2
Int: 1
Spr: 2
Evade: 1%
Move: 2 cells

Ace (Cannon Clam)
HP: 15/15
MP: 25/25
DD: --/--
Atk: 5
Def: 2
Int: 1
Spr: 2
Evade: 1%
Move: 2 cells

{C} - Locked Chest
[No Occupy]
[Trigger Command: Open.  Requires Skeleton Key x1.  Range: Adjacent.]

{t} - Tropical Tree
[No Occupy]

{~} - Rushing Rapids
[No Occupy]

{=} - Cliff Edge
[No Occupy]
[Trigger Command: Push Over. Shoves adjacent target off the cliff.  Range: User must be adjacent to target.]

{;} - Falls
[No Occupy]

Players may start in row J!


Last edited by Masquerade on Tue Jul 16, 2013 4:29 pm; edited 2 times in total

_________________


*Thanks to Mayari for the wonderful avatar/signature combo

WhippedCreame wrote:oh god yes eat my spaghetti confetti

Masquerade
Eternal Dreamer
Eternal Dreamer

Posts : 16321
Join date : 2009-10-28
Age : 24
Location : Home or work. Or some post-apocalyptic dream.

View user profile http://eternaldream.forummotion.com

Back to top Go down

Re: Terraform

Post by Gist on Sat Jun 29, 2013 11:51 pm

Thage watched as the final monster was felled. She stood up, a bit shakily, admittedly, and she leaned against a tree for support. Around her, though, the sky began to twist into an evil, awkward shape with unnatural colors and hues. This exact thing happened when her sister disappeared two years ago. She desperately hoped that it wasn't going to make her new comrades disappear like she had... With difficulty, she moaned and let the golden light bathe her. She reveled in its warmth and was spirited away. Moments later, a loud CRACK came and a puff of acrid green smoke told her that she was somewhere new. She looked and saw the mysterious stranger from before, along with the huntress that was able to dispatch the enemies so quickly. Something she knew she would never be able to do... With the most effort she could muster, she spoke to the man, a soft voice that might not be easily heard in the cacophany of sound and spray that had ensued when the world opened. "I have to thank you, stranger. I'm not quite sure that I would be standing here with the two of you if it weren't for you calling me out." She softly laughed and held her printless book as her skirt constantly threatened to blow up any second.

[Thage starts in J1!]

Gist
Void Sleeper
Void Sleeper

Posts : 569
Join date : 2013-05-31
Age : 21
Location : Texas

View user profile

Back to top Go down

Re: Terraform

Post by Zerifachias on Sun Jun 30, 2013 2:09 pm

With the hostiles from the forest eliminated, Karin took a moment to let out a sigh. She hadn't done much except attract attention from one of the things. However, her abilities didn't rely on dealing damage, that was not her goal. She was perfectly content with supporting everyone else around her and making sure they do not get hurt. That was her job, at least that's what Karin figured it was.

When one of the girls began scaling the mountain, Karin frowned. Karin felt as though she knew the girl from somewhere, but could not pinpoint her origins. Perhaps later, she would learn who she was. Karin knew she was well-known in the village, but she did not in turn know most of the village folk. It was something Karin had problems with, remembering names and faces. With time though, Karin was sure she would recognize the girl scaling the cliff. For now, she bent her knees so that she was down low, practically on the ground. Karin poked around on her tablet-disk, activating the blue veins, which was obviously the part of her suit connected to the mana of the world. When she was finished, Karin stood up again and walked towards the cliff, immediately righting her body and walking up the cliff face.

Once she reached the top, Karin deactivated her boot's scaling ability and took her place behind the girl she saw scaling the cliff. She had a question about who she was, but Karin would settle that later. Now wasn't the time.

Karin starts at J-2

Zerifachias
Totes-Mcgoats
Totes-Mcgoats

Posts : 16208
Join date : 2009-11-01
Age : 24
Location : Naletia

View user profile

Back to top Go down

Re: Terraform

Post by Kurio on Sun Jun 30, 2013 4:17 pm

Katyusha starts at cell J-3

It was over so quickly, too quickly maybe. The monsters were dispatched just like that. Katyusha had the feeling that there had to be more to the attack than these three monsters. Then she heard the stranger's voice and realized he was no longer standing among the group of people, instead he was on a cliff. Despite wanting to question how the stranger got up there so quickly Katyusha decided that could be saved for later as the big serpent monster was a higher priority.

She pulled another gun out, one with a grappling hook attached at the end. Taking a moment to aim the gun Katyusha fired the grappling hook which latched itself onto the top of the cliff. The metal wire then began to retract pulling the soldier up and she lifted herself over the edge of the cliff, retrieving her guns once more and aiming them at the first enemy she saw.

Kurio
Masochistic Kitty Kat Maid
Masochistic Kitty Kat Maid

Posts : 8939
Join date : 2009-10-30
Age : 21
Location : I dunno 3:

View user profile

Back to top Go down

Re: Terraform

Post by Silver on Sun Jun 30, 2013 7:18 pm

Luca starts at J4!

With the falling of the last of the opposition, Luca had sheathed her rapier and turned in the direction of the stranger only to find he had disappeared entirely. She frowned. "I could have sworn he was right–" she muttered, only to be cut off mid-sentence as the man suddenly reappeared at the top of the cliffs next to the falls. Joy; he had brought along a dangerous aquatic serpent and... cannons? The adventurer couldn't help but think of home; there were all sorts of oceanic monsters there–she probably had fought something similar on the venture here. Shaking the thoughts from her head for the moment, she motioned to follow her allies up to where the stranger now stood. However, whereas her compatriots had easy access to scaling the cliffs easily, Luca did not.

She carried with her no supplies for scaling these kind of things, and was not as adept in magic to be able to just poof up next to her allies. She would have to climb. With no time to waste and few other options, Luca quickly went to work, using all of her might to ascend the cliffside quickly and safely. It took a bit, and her allies were probably less than enthused with her inability to lend herself to the battle immediately, but she finally reached the top. She instantly reached for her blade and drew it; a little more exercise was in order.

_________________

Silver
Prince of Dreams
Prince of Dreams

Posts : 9455
Join date : 2009-11-29
Age : 20
Location : I stand at a crossroads and stare at a question.

View user profile http://www.facebook.com/pages/Xavier-Rains/314656341904106

Back to top Go down

Re: Terraform

Post by Masquerade on Sun Jun 30, 2013 8:39 pm

Chapter 00-A: Phantasmal Falls

Location: Caranda Falls - Mythic Crest

Objective: Defeat the Ethereal Leviathan!

Background: ~Visage of Fear~

Achievement: Unfaltering Courage - Have all characters resist the effects of Inspire Fear in the same turn. [12 AP]

{ } { } { } { } {~} {~} {~} {~} {~} A
{t} { } { } { } {~} {~} {~} {~} {~} B
{C} { } { } { } {~} {~} {~} {~} {~} C
{ } {t} { } { } { } {~} {~} {~} {~} E
{t} { } {D} { } { } { } {~} {C} {~} F
{ } { } { } { } { } {A} {~} {~} {~} G
{t} { } { } { } { } { } {~} {~} {~} H
{ } {R} {S} { } { } {~} {~} {~} {~} I
{T} {K} {A} {L} {~} {~} {~} {~} {~} J
{=} {=} {=} {=} {;} {;} {;} {;} {;} K
-1---2---3---4---5---6---7---8---9


Stranger (???)
HP: 35/35
MP: 15/15
DD: 1/10
Atk: 6
Def: 3
Int: 1
Spr: 4
Evade: 3%
Move: 3 cells

Renee (Huntress) *HASTE*
HP: 25/25
MP: 20/20
DD: 2/10
Atk: 7
Def: 2
Int: 1
Spr: 5
Evade: 5%
Move: 4 cells

Luca (Adventurer)
HP: 25/25
MP: 25/25
DD: 2/10
Atk: 6
Def: 4
Int: 1
Spr: 3
Evade: 10%
Move: 5 cells

Karin (Computation Engineer)
HP: 30/30
MP: 20/20
DD: 1/10
Atk: 4
Def: 4
Int: 4
Spr: 3
Evasion: 3%
Move: 3

Katyusha (Gunslinger) *SURE HIT* *ENERGY COLLECTION [0]*
HP: 20/20
MP: 30/30
DD: 8/10
Atk: 1
Def: 3
Int: 6
Spr: 4
Evade: 2%
Move: 3 cells

Thage (Arcane Mistress)
HP: 30/30
MP: 30/30
DD: 0/10
Atk: 1
Def: 2
Int: 5
Spr: 4
Evade: 2%
Move: 2 cells

Cadial (Ethereal Leviathan)
HP: 65/65
MP: 40/40
DD: 0/10
Atk: 5
Def: 2
Int: 6
Spr: 3
Evade: 5%
Move: 4 cells --- 6 cells

Dynamo (Cannon Clam)
HP: 15/15
MP: 25/25
DD: --/--
Atk: 5
Def: 2
Int: 1
Spr: 2
Evade: 1%
Move: 2 cells

Ace (Cannon Clam)
HP: 15/15
MP: 25/25
DD: --/--
Atk: 5
Def: 2
Int: 1
Spr: 2
Evade: 1%
Move: 2 cells

{C} - Locked Chest
[No Occupy]
[Trigger Command: Open.  Requires Skeleton Key x1.  Range: Adjacent.]

{t} - Tropical Tree
[No Occupy]

{~} - Rushing Rapids
[No Occupy]

{=} - Cliff Edge
[No Occupy]
[Trigger Command: Push Over. Shoves adjacent target off the cliff.  Range: User must be adjacent to target.]

{;} - Falls
[No Occupy]

Player Phase 1!

Stranger waits.

A smirk befell the stranger's face as he felt the presences of those from before.  All of them had managed to get up the cliff in various ways, but none had completely abandoned the quest as of yet.  This was intriguing.  Though what was more intriguing was the new addition to their team.  He turned to gaze her at her, her emerald eyes appealing while her manner of dress was rather revealing.  The stranger liked what he saw, but what he liked even more was the great degree of magic flowing through her being.  "You're quite welcome, Thage," the stranger addressed the young girl by name despite her not ever telling him what it was.  "Sometimes you just need that little push to get the ball rolling," he mused ominously, drawing his sword and readying it, but much like the last battle, he made no immediate attempt to get closer to the enemies.  He merely stood there...threateningly.

"The rest of these guys seem pretty sure of themselves though," he continued on in a light-hearted manner, a somewhat teasing tone to his voice.  "Look at them stand so bravely against this monstrous beast and its cronies!"  Here, he opened his arms wide as if to embrace the vicious creatures they were opposing.  "It goes to show the power of their individual motivations."


"Just shut up!" Renee snapped suddenly, the frustration weighing down her voice like a heavy burden, her tone collapsing under the weight along with her patience.  How did this man know the new girl's name?  Did he know the rest of their names?  She turned on him suddenly.  "Just what kind of game are you playing at?  Waltzing into Lanaya spouting nonsense about the truth and the Cataclysm, trying to whisk away some of the villagers on some wild goose chase of a quest where all of them including your crazy self would meet their ends...it's terrible!  Then there's that arrogant personality of yours like you know every damn thing in the world, and you just might because you keep suspiciously making the right calls every single minute," she ranted, and after a few seconds of mild panting, she blushed a bit and tried to regain her breath.  She didn't even wait for a response.  She was just about done with the mysterious stranger--that was for certain.

Renee moves to H2.

The huntress stepped forward, as if to leave her troubles behind where the stranger stood for the moment.  They had a much more frightening foe right in front of them.  Pinpoint the weak, then take down the strong while it has nothing to back it up.  It was an important hunting rule when situations like these arose.  Renee loosed her wire into the air and brought it down hard such at the wire lashed at the strange clam-like creature like whips.  Upon retrieving the wire, she noticed she had made significant gashes in its shell, a strange fuse sticking out of it.  It wasn't like any creature she had seen so far.  She was sure it had some kind of nasty trick up its sleeve.  To assume otherwise was hunter's folly.

"I'm going to get my answers."  Her knuckles grew white as she gripped her wire tightly, the parts wrapped around her fingers making light cuts in her skin.

Renee attacks Dynamo!  2 hits!  8 Dmg per hit! (ATK)


Last edited by Masquerade on Mon Jul 01, 2013 9:26 pm; edited 1 time in total

_________________


*Thanks to Mayari for the wonderful avatar/signature combo

WhippedCreame wrote:oh god yes eat my spaghetti confetti

Masquerade
Eternal Dreamer
Eternal Dreamer

Posts : 16321
Join date : 2009-10-28
Age : 24
Location : Home or work. Or some post-apocalyptic dream.

View user profile http://eternaldream.forummotion.com

Back to top Go down

Re: Terraform

Post by Zerifachias on Sun Jun 30, 2013 9:06 pm

Karin, as soon as everyone was present, immediately singled out one of the girls and began typing some code into the tablet. The veins on her suit began to give off a dim glow as her technology taped into the flow of mana. When Karin was done, she took the disk off her arm and threw it at the girl. It landed square on her back and for a second, remained there, as if stuck. The moment soon passed, however, and the disk detached and zoomed back to Karin, latching back onto the spot on her upper wrist.

The disk seemed to have left something behind on the woman's back, which began to emanate a strange, blue light. The light surrounded the girl to create something resembling a translucent shell. It's work done, the little device left behind dropped to the ground, crumbling away into a fine, blue dust that scattered into the wind and disappeared. The shell, however, remained to protect the one Karin singled out.

Karin activates Guard Codex: Proxy Server on Luca! Bestows Shell!

MP: 12/20

Zerifachias
Totes-Mcgoats
Totes-Mcgoats

Posts : 16208
Join date : 2009-11-01
Age : 24
Location : Naletia

View user profile

Back to top Go down

Re: Terraform

Post by Silver on Sun Jun 30, 2013 9:14 pm

Luca's eyes fixated on the stranger who once more choose to do nothing while the rest of them began the battle. If she had been back on the ground below the cliff she would have frowned; he would have to take a more active role in battle, especially with the serpent whose power level was leagues beyond their previous enemies. Hopefully he realized this; he did appear to know everything after all, this would be no different. Instead of voicing that opinion, however, Luca raised her rapier only to lower it when she felt something attach to her back.

She whirled around only to watch as the disc returned to the scientist who had taken some damage in the previous fight. She seemed no worse for wear now, but before Luca could question her, a strange sphere of energy encased her. Not needing to understand just what was going on, rather just understanding that whatever the energy field was that it would be helpful, allowed the Adventurer to just nod in the girl's direction. "Thanks." she breathed to the woman, raising her rapier and then dashing off as Renee had done.

Luca moves to F4!

Getting into position once more, Luca noted out of the corner of her eye that there was a randomly placed chest. Seeing as how the clam Renee had attacked would only take one more hit at the most, she would perhaps have an opportunity to open it soon–she was sure she had a spare Skeleton Key somewhere, after all. But for now she would settle for landing the killing blow on the creature before it could cause them any harm. "Hope you don't mind," the Adventurer offered to the Huntress before stabbing the clam.

Luca attacks Dynamo! 6 Atk Damage!

_________________

Silver
Prince of Dreams
Prince of Dreams

Posts : 9455
Join date : 2009-11-29
Age : 20
Location : I stand at a crossroads and stare at a question.

View user profile http://www.facebook.com/pages/Xavier-Rains/314656341904106

Back to top Go down

Re: Terraform

Post by Kurio on Mon Jul 01, 2013 10:43 am

Katyusha moves to cell H-3

Of course the stranger just stood there once again. It seemed as if he didn't have any desire to help out with the fight. And as much as Katyusha wanted to reprimand the stranger for slacking off on the battlefield, she had to remind herself that she wasn't a Lieutenant. There was no military now. And because of that these people were her comrades, not subordinates. Katyusha pointed her guns at one of the clams but before she could send signal to call down anything it was taken out rather quickly by two of the others. Her eyes then moved to the other clam, once again pointing one gun at it and the other at the sky. It didn't take long for a blue beam from the sky to strike the clam, scorching its shell and possibly immolating it.

Katyusha uses Sunstrike on Ace. 7 Int Dmg. Chance of Burn
MP: 22/30

Kurio
Masochistic Kitty Kat Maid
Masochistic Kitty Kat Maid

Posts : 8939
Join date : 2009-10-30
Age : 21
Location : I dunno 3:

View user profile

Back to top Go down

Re: Terraform

Post by Gist on Mon Jul 01, 2013 12:37 pm

Thage watched the four spring into battle as they had before. She could not fathom where they kept their energy reserves at... She was tired! She moved directly behind the huntress, processing what she said. She hated the stranger because he seemed to know more than she should. She agreed that some sense of it was wrong, but that did not warrant foul feelings. "I realize... that this strange man may know too much. He knew my name, yet I have never spoken it since she disappeared." She crossed her arms in pain around her chest. What she wouldn't give... "I know that you do not trust this man, and rightly so. I have no other choice. I must find my sister. She disappeared into this chaos two years ago, but she did it alone. I do not recall her walking into the void with any other. If I am to find her, then I am to trust this man. He is the only person who may know something about this place." Thage knelt in her place behind the huntress. "I know that I may be useless, but I desperately want to help you all. I really do. I apologize... I apologize." With that, Thage sits on her knees and waits for something to happen, her eyes glazing over with past memories.

[Thage moves to I2!] [J1-I1-I2]

Gist
Void Sleeper
Void Sleeper

Posts : 569
Join date : 2013-05-31
Age : 21
Location : Texas

View user profile

Back to top Go down

Re: Terraform

Post by Sponsored content Today at 1:11 pm


Sponsored content


Back to top Go down

Page 1 of 8 1, 2, 3, 4, 5, 6, 7, 8  Next

View previous topic View next topic Back to top


 
Permissions in this forum:
You cannot reply to topics in this forum