Terraform

Page 4 of 8 Previous  1, 2, 3, 4, 5, 6, 7, 8  Next

View previous topic View next topic Go down

Re: Terraform

Post by Zerifachias on Sun Sep 15, 2013 2:02 pm

Did that machina just attack Katyusha through her? Karin was confused, but somewhat impressed that the artificial intelligence of these machines were able to calculate distance and gaps and precision so accurately. But Karin shouldn't worry about the intelligence of machines right now, there was a more pressing matter to attend to here. There was a machine right in front of her, threatening Katyusha more than Karin.

Karin grabbed her spiked disk on her left arm and threw it at the machine in front of her. The disk spun out rapidly and scraped just the side of the machina, leaving a small scratch on it's right side. The spiked disk zoomed out of sight moments later before eventually curving and coming right back towards Karin, who caught it easily.

Without hurting herself on the edge.

Karin attacks Clean! 4 Atk DMG!

Zerifachias
Totes-Mcgoats
Totes-Mcgoats

Posts : 16206
Join date : 2009-11-01
Age : 24
Location : Naletia

View user profile

Back to top Go down

Re: Terraform

Post by Silver on Sun Sep 15, 2013 3:33 pm

She had been planning on stabbing one of the glorified dustmops a couple times, but it seemed these things had some sort of intelligence to them––the closest one had moved out of range. Luca, however, was a sensible woman. She knew better than to complain about battle not going according to plan; it was, after all, a very mutable experience to take part in. The tides would change at the slightest movement: no limits or constraints could hold it in one place for too long.

Luca moves to G7!

But it seemed an opening had shown itself. Out of the corner of her eye, the adventurer noticed Karin launching an attack at one of the broom robots. The spiked disk barely nicked the damn machine, but Luca could tell what needed to be done. Although they had not been traveling wrong, it seemed quite clear that Karin would act ridiculously––she appeared motive oriented––this would be no different. Nodding mentally, the adventurer dashed from her current position to a spot just next to the machina, aiming her strike.

Luca attacks Clean! 11 Atk Damage!

_________________

Silver
Prince of Dreams
Prince of Dreams

Posts : 9455
Join date : 2009-11-29
Age : 20
Location : I stand at a crossroads and stare at a question.

View user profile http://www.facebook.com/pages/Xavier-Rains/314656341904106

Back to top Go down

Re: Terraform

Post by Kurio on Sun Sep 15, 2013 4:50 pm

Katyusha moves to cell J-6

She still ended up being hit by the mechanical worker she had previously bombarded. She had underestimated their reach, something that hopefully won't happen again. Especially since the next time it occurs it would most likely be against the much larger mechanical construct. If that were to happen it would end in more than just a slight wound. Seeing that the previous construct had already been taken out Katyusha moved to the side in order to get a good, clear shot at a different target. Two bullets were fired then, one from each gun. Both struck the robot in the exact same spot.

Katyusha attacks Ristles. 7 INT Dmg per hit, 2 hits

Kurio
Masochistic Kitty Kat Maid
Masochistic Kitty Kat Maid

Posts : 8939
Join date : 2009-10-30
Age : 21
Location : I dunno 3:

View user profile

Back to top Go down

Re: Terraform

Post by Gist on Sun Sep 22, 2013 8:11 am

Shards of shrapnel flew past Thage, leaving gashes everywhere on her body. She yelped, but knew that the pain was minimal compared to what the others might be feeling. She was huddled up the furthest away from the fray, and she needed to change that. She was still exhausted from the use of her magic, though, and she knelt onto the ground and continued to watch, to observe. She had an odd urge to record what was going on here within her empty tome, but she did not know whether she wanted to give in to that urge. For now, she would stay silent and pray that her allies would be okay.

[Thage cannot Act!
Thage waits...]

Gist
Void Sleeper
Void Sleeper

Posts : 569
Join date : 2013-05-31
Age : 21
Location : Texas

View user profile

Back to top Go down

Re: Terraform

Post by Masquerade on Mon Sep 23, 2013 8:31 am

Ristles takes 19 Dmg!

HP: 11/40

Clean takes 8 Dmg!

Clean PERFECT KILL!!

Chapter 00-C: Roused Suspicion

Location: Broken Highway - Steel Graveyard

Objective: Defeat all enemies!

Background: ~The Old Expanse~

Achievement: And A Stun For You! - Have every member of the ally party succumb to Stun at least once over the course of the battle. [10 AP]

{ } {'} { } { } { } { } { } { } { } A
{ } {'} { } {h} { } { } { } { } { } B
{A} { } { } { } { } { } { } { } {h} C
{ } {'} { } { } { } { } { } {'} { } D
{ } { } {B} { } { } { } { } { } { } E
{ } {'} { } { } {M} { } { } { } {h} F
{h} {R} { } { } {R} { } {L} {'} { } G
{ } { } { } { } { } { } { } { } { } H
{ } {'} { } {h} { } { } {K} {'} { } I
{ } {'} { } { } { } {A} { } { } {T} J
-1---2---3---4---5---6---7---8---9


Renee's Haste has 1 turn left.

Masq's Slumber Surge has 2 turns left.

Luca's Bravery has 2 turns left.

Katyusha's Protect has 2 turns left.

Enemy Phase.

Aggress moves to E1.

Aggress waits.

Broom moves to F3.

Broom attacks Renee!  6 Dmg! (ATK)

Ristles moves to G4.

Ristles uses Stifle on Renee!  6 Dmg! (ATK) [Renee evades Stun]

MP: 18/30

{ } {'} { } { } { } { } { } { } { } A
{ } {'} { } {h} { } { } { } { } { } B
{ } { } { } { } { } { } { } { } {h} C
{ } {'} { } { } { } { } { } {'} { } D
{A} { } { } { } { } { } { } { } { } E
{ } {'} {B} { } {M} { } { } { } {h} F
{h} {R} { } {R} { } { } {L} {'} { } G
{ } { } { } { } { } { } { } { } { } H
{ } {'} { } {h} { } { } {K} {'} { } I
{ } {'} { } { } { } {A} { } { } {T} J
-1---2---3---4---5---6---7---8---9


Player Phase 3!

Masquerade (Mysterious Stranger) *SLUMBER SURGE*
HP: 40/40
MP: 15/15
DD: 6/10
Atk: 7
Def: 3
Int: 1
Spr: 5
Evade: 3%
Move: 3 cells

Renee (Huntress) *HASTE*
HP: 16/25
MP: 11/25
DD: 10/10
Atk: 8
Def: 3
Int: 1
Spr: 5
Evade: 5%
Move: 4 cells

Luca (Adventurer) *BRAVERY*
HP: 30/30
MP: 17/25
DD: 10/10
Atk: 7 --- 11
Def: 5
Int: 1
Spr: 3
Evade: 10%
Move: 5 cells

Karin (Computation Engineer)
HP: 35/35
MP: 12/20
DD: 2/10
Atk: 4
Def: 5
Int: 4
Spr: 4
Evade: 3%
Move: 3 cells

Katyusha (Gunslinger) *ENERGY COLLECTION [9]* *PROTECT*
HP: 22/25
MP: 17/35
DD: 10/10
Atk: 1
Def: 3
Int: 7
Spr: 4
Evade: 2%
Move: 3 cells

Thage (Arcane Mistress)
HP: 35/35
MP: 30/40
DD: 0/10
Atk: 1
Def: 2
Int: 5
Spr: 4
Evade: 2%
Move: 2 cells

Aggress (Heavyset Mech)
HP: 120/120
MP: 65/65
DD: 0/10
Atk: 8
Def: 6
Int: 2
Spr: 3
Evade: 0%
Move: 2 cells

Broom (Sweeper)
HP: 40/40
MP: 30/30
DD: --/--
Atk: 6
Def: 4
Int: 2
Spr: 3
Evade: 5%
Move: 4 cells

Ristles (Sweeper)
HP: 11/40
MP: 18/30
DD: --/--
Atk: 6
Def: 4
Int: 2
Spr: 3
Evade: 5%
Move: 4 cells

Clean (Sweeper) *PERFECT KILL*

{'} - Cracked Asphalt
[No Occupy]

{h} - Junk Heap
[No Occupy]


Masq moves to F4.

"Luca, assist me with other, yes?" Masq called out to the woman, taking notice that she would be able to cover the distance with ease.  Dashing around the unharmed automaton, Masq strategically positioned himself so that an escape to the west would be impossible.  Luca could then come in and retake his northern position.  Boots skidding against the asphalt, Masq came to a stop and raised his shimmering blade, slicing through the robot's body and hoping that his magic would actually have an effect on it.  To put a robot to sleep?  Now that was a task in and of itself, but his power was absolute.  If it would so dare to act against him, then he would force it into slumber and subdue it.  "Thage, can you continue to hold the big one off?  One more ought to do it," he next called out to the arcane mistress who seemed to be recovering from her spell's effect.  Masq kept his sword at the ready, but with the way things were going, he wouldn't have to be on such a defensive for long, granted it was good practice since he'd need to be on the defensive one hundred percent against...her....

Masq attacks Broom!  7 Dmg! (ATK) [Broom falls Asleep]


Renee moves to H2.

Renee attacks Ristles!  8 Dmg! (ATK)

Renee uses Wire Pierce on Ristles!  10 Dmg! (ATK)

MP: 5/25

"Look at him giving out orders.  He actually sounds like a leader," Renee mused in a sort of sarcastic tone, but at heart there was some sincerity lingering about.  It was true that she still far from trusted this man, but at least he was taking charge and responsibility for their motley team.  Maybe, just maybe, he could win her over.  But for right now, there were things to be hunted.  Being smacked around by brooms was NOT something the huntress took particular pleasure in, and she was about to show the robots just how displeased she was.  Sidestepping agilely, Renee loosed her wire, watching it deeply graze the steel husk of a body of the weakened robot.  Pulling the wire back expertly, she unleashed it with a straightened trajectory allowing the ends to pierce through the metal.  Sparks could be seen; she was sure she had impacted some critical circuitry.  All it needed now was to be blown over.  She gave a look to the others.  Thage would have her task, but someone else needed to step up to the plate now.


Last edited by Masquerade on Thu Sep 26, 2013 9:34 pm; edited 1 time in total

_________________


*Thanks to Mayari for the wonderful avatar/signature combo

WhippedCreame wrote:oh god yes eat my spaghetti confetti

Masquerade
Eternal Dreamer
Eternal Dreamer

Posts : 16321
Join date : 2009-10-28
Age : 24
Location : Home or work. Or some post-apocalyptic dream.

View user profile http://eternaldream.forummotion.com

Back to top Go down

Re: Terraform

Post by Zerifachias on Mon Sep 23, 2013 5:43 pm

Karin moves to H-5

Curious enough to draw closer, and seeing that the fight was not quite as dangerous as it may have originally been, Karin stepped closer to the aggression. She saw one of the machines was in dire straits, and would only need a light push to fall apart completely. The other one...was it dead as well? No, Karin could still hear the hum of it's circuitry. Did Masquerade actually put the machine to sleep? If he did, Karin would like to know how exactly he managed to accomplish this feat. It may prove useful to her to know the inner workings of these machines that allowed them to be affected by magic. Perhaps these machines were not too different from Karin's own, and their power source drew upon mana, rather than electricity.

Turning her head back to the other machine, Karin noticed that it's damage was even greater than before, and the huntress, Renee, was standing next to it. Renee was looking around, as if searching for something. To this, Karin spoke up, "Allow me," she said kindly, her voice humming like the circuits of the machines around them, though she was no robot.

Karin drew her bladed disk from her arm once again and spun her whole body around this time, bringing some real force into her throw as the dangerous weapon soared through the air and struck the machine with a resounding sound of metal hitting metal before bouncing away. Karin held out her hand and caught the disk expertly in her hand, the hard blades on the disk not touching her much more fragile skin.

Karin attacks Ristles! 4 Atk DMG!

Zerifachias
Totes-Mcgoats
Totes-Mcgoats

Posts : 16206
Join date : 2009-11-01
Age : 24
Location : Naletia

View user profile

Back to top Go down

Re: Terraform

Post by Silver on Mon Sep 23, 2013 8:38 pm

Luca drew her blade back, a slight smirk tugging at the corners of her mouth as the damn machine fell to pieces before her. She really hated machines. Loathing such as this wasn't exactly common, but Luca was, as expected, an exception. Never in her life had she been able to trust these things were truly for the greater good––malfunctions such as the one these machina were going through at the moment illuminated that fact. To see this one fall into a state beyond repair truly satisfied her; however, more remained among the ranks.

"Luca, assist me with the other one, yes?" Luca's gaze darted over to the man who, no sooner after he had finished speaking, had already launched an attack on the robot the party had ignored thus far. The adventurer merely nodded in his direction, disregarding the fact that he had made the targeted robot fall into a state of slumber. What happened to the robot apart from destruction mattered not, and destruction she could surely dish out.

Luca moves to E4!

Although not a quick as Masq had been, Luca too dashed over to the robot and primed her strike. With a step toward the mechanical foe, the adventurer slashed once from the right and followed through with another. Whatever state of REM the thing had been in broke immediately, but Luca didn't care––her attack seemed to do even more damage than usual. It pleased her to see much larger dents in the broom's body. Yes. It pleased her very much.

Luca uses Onset on Broom! 2 Hits! 15 Atk Damage per Hit! CRITICAL!!
Remaining MP: 11/25

_________________

Silver
Prince of Dreams
Prince of Dreams

Posts : 9455
Join date : 2009-11-29
Age : 20
Location : I stand at a crossroads and stare at a question.

View user profile http://www.facebook.com/pages/Xavier-Rains/314656341904106

Back to top Go down

Re: Terraform

Post by Gist on Wed Sep 25, 2013 6:13 pm

Thage watched as the battle continued to rage on. The machines were beginning to show signs of wear and more dents were beginning to show up in their polished bodies, and the tension that she felt began to tighten even more, almost as if it were beginning to strangle her. She stood and watched the party valiantly struggle against the things... all except her. She felt bad about that and she knelt her head down. She knew that her mission was to find her sister in the roiling chaos, but she could see the scene in a different light now: She needed to undertake this pilgrimage for the sake of her constitution. She needed to become more of a person, and she knew that she wouldn't come across another fine opportunity such as this one so easily again...

Suddenly, she heard her name, followed by some orders. She immediately snapped out of her reverie and gave the voice a once-over. It came from a deeper voice and something in it made her heart flutter. "Y-Yes, sir." Without a second thought, she opened her tome, willing for the machine to begone. A poof and a crack, and the looming machine was once again small in an impressive distance.

[Thage moves to J7!
Thage uses Juxtaposition on Aggress! [MP: 20/40]
Aggress is moved to A9!
Thage cannot act during the next player phase!
Chance of MP cost reduction!
Thage waits...]

Gist
Void Sleeper
Void Sleeper

Posts : 569
Join date : 2013-05-31
Age : 21
Location : Texas

View user profile

Back to top Go down

Re: Terraform

Post by Kurio on Thu Sep 26, 2013 6:15 pm

Katyusha moves to cell H-5

The much larger robot was being kept busy by the female with the strangest of abilities. Good, while the mechanical titan was spending time trying to get back to the group the other, far less intimidating robots were being rapidly disposed of. Two of the three had already been broken apart and the third had somehow ceased all movement. It was effectively neutralized now but just to get it out of the way Katyusha aimed her guns. It was nice for whoever it was to have stopped the movement of the robot, made for an easier target. Not that she needed a target to stay still in order to hit it but it was nice nevertheless. A noise could be heard from up in the sky, signaling the immanent doom of the robot as rockets bombarded the automaton, blasting it to pieces.

Katyusha expends Energy Charges
EC: 0

Katyusha uses Hornet's Nest on Broom. 7 INT Dmg per hit, 8 hits
MP: 17/35

Kurio
Masochistic Kitty Kat Maid
Masochistic Kitty Kat Maid

Posts : 8939
Join date : 2009-10-30
Age : 21
Location : I dunno 3:

View user profile

Back to top Go down

Re: Terraform

Post by Masquerade on Thu Sep 26, 2013 10:57 pm

Aggress reappears at A9!

Broom takes 89 Dmg!

Broom OVERKILL!!

Ristles takes 11 Dmg!

Ristles PERFECT KILL!!

Chapter 00-C: Roused Suspicion

Location: Broken Highway - Steel Graveyard

Objective: Defeat all enemies!

Background: ~The Old Expanse~

Achievement: And A Stun For You! - Have every member of the ally party succumb to Stun at least once over the course of the battle. [10 AP]

{ } {'} { } { } { } { } { } { } {A} A
{ } {'} { } {h} { } { } { } { } { } B
{ } { } { } { } { } { } { } { } {h} C
{ } {'} { } { } { } { } { } {'} { } D
{ } { } { } {L} { } { } { } { } { } E
{ } {'} { } {M} { } { } { } { } {h} F
{h} { } { } { } { } { } { } {'} { } G
{ } {R} { } { } {A} {K} { } { } { } H
{ } {'} { } {h} { } { } { } {'} { } I
{ } {'} { } { } { } { } {T} { } { } J
-1---2---3---4---5---6---7---8---9


Renee's Haste fades.

Masq's Slumber Surge has 1 turn left.

Luca's Bravery has 1 turn left.

Katyusha's Protect has 1 turn left.

Enemy Phase.

Aggress moves to B8.

Aggress waits.

{ } {'} { } { } { } { } { } { } { } A
{ } {'} { } {h} { } { } { } {A} { } B
{ } { } { } { } { } { } { } { } {h} C
{ } {'} { } { } { } { } { } {'} { } D
{ } { } { } {L} { } { } { } { } { } E
{ } {'} { } {M} { } { } { } { } {h} F
{h} { } { } { } { } { } { } {'} { } G
{ } {R} { } { } {A} {K} { } { } { } H
{ } {'} { } {h} { } { } { } {'} { } I
{ } {'} { } { } { } { } {T} { } { } J
-1---2---3---4---5---6---7---8---9


Player Phase 4!

Masquerade (Mysterious Stranger) *SLUMBER SURGE*
HP: 40/40
MP: 15/15
DD: 7/10
Atk: 7
Def: 3
Int: 1
Spr: 5
Evade: 3%
Move: 3 cells

Renee (Huntress)
HP: 16/25
MP: 11/25
DD: 10/10
Atk: 8
Def: 3
Int: 1
Spr: 5
Evade: 5%
Move: 4 cells

Luca (Adventurer) *BRAVERY*
HP: 30/30
MP: 17/25
DD: 10/10
Atk: 7 --- 11
Def: 5
Int: 1
Spr: 3
Evade: 10%
Move: 5 cells

Karin (Computation Engineer)
HP: 35/35
MP: 12/20
DD: 3/10
Atk: 4
Def: 5
Int: 4
Spr: 4
Evade: 3%
Move: 3 cells

Katyusha (Gunslinger) *ENERGY COLLECTION [0]* *PROTECT*
HP: 22/25
MP: 17/35
DD: 10/10
Atk: 1
Def: 3
Int: 7
Spr: 4
Evade: 2%
Move: 3 cells

Thage (Arcane Mistress)
HP: 35/35
MP: 23/40
DD: 0/10
Atk: 1
Def: 2
Int: 5
Spr: 4
Evade: 2%
Move: 2 cells

Aggress (Heavyset Mech)
HP: 120/120
MP: 65/65
DD: 0/10
Atk: 8
Def: 6
Int: 2
Spr: 3
Evade: 0%
Move: 2 cells

Broom (Sweeper) *OVERKILL*

Ristles (Sweeper) *PERFECT KILL*

Clean (Sweeper) *PERFECT KILL*

{'} - Cracked Asphalt
[No Occupy]

{h} - Junk Heap
[No Occupy]


With all of the smaller robots cleared out, Masq eyed the last remaining threat--the metallic titan that Thage had shifted to the far reaches of the area.  It lumbered towards them despite this fact, intent on inflicting harm upon him and the others.  All because of her hacking skills.  This battle had to end, and it had to end now.  The machine was far away at the moment, and he could close the gap.  But how much was he willing to show them?  I'll have to reveal it eventually; I won't have any mercy on her.  If I can end her now, then... the grin appeared on his face again, sinister as could be.  And he was gone.  The sound of flapping filled the air and he was next to the machine, weapon glimmering even more brightly than before--simply mesmerizing.

Masq uses Trigger Command: ???! [Rushes(?) to B7]

Masq uses Trigger Command: Eternal Phantasm! [Chance of Sleep +300% for the next attack]

Standing there for a moment with his back turned, Masq cut an ominous figure holding that shimmering blade that looked like it was stolen from a dream.  A quick slash and a trail of energy.  A deep gash formed in the robot and it slouched over...almost as if it were asleep.  The light on the blade flickered out rapidly and Masq dropped to one knee.  Oh the price to pay, but it was so worth it.  All that was left was for the others to clean up...if they could reach the thing in time.  "Now's your chance, everyone!  Don't hold back!" Masq shouted, though it was hardly necessary.  With the giant steel titan out of commission for the time being, all was silent once again as it had been before.

Masq attacks Aggress!  7 Dmg! (ATK) [Aggress falls Asleep]

Masq waits.


Renee uses Canopy Glide! [Moves to C5][Next attack deals 10% more damage]

MP: 3/25

What did she just witness?  First was the complete massacre of all the remaining smaller cleaning robots.  That was understandable.  Her expert and analyzing eyes were now focused on the mysterious being known only as Masq.  In a single movement, he probably traveled farther than she could have with her wires.  In a single stroke, he was able to put that giant machine...to sleep?  Did machines even sleep?  How was this possible?  Yet there it was slumped over, just like a human who had passed out and was taking a gentle snooze.  "And he's going to act like there's nothing wrong with what he just did," Renee muttered to herself frostily under her breath before hurling her wire through the air and watching it embed and wrap itself around some junk in a heap in the distance.  She took to the air and landed just next to the heap, yanking her wire back and keeping a focus on the slumbering automaton.  It was large and likely very defensive.  Getting a closer look, she realized Masq's attack hadn't been substantially powerful, but the effect was more than enough to snag her negative attention.

Renee waits.

"Just what are you?" she finally decided to question him while the others were out of earshot.  There was something far more than met the eye to this guy, and she was determined to figure out what that was exactly.  "I suggest you answer me.  Maybe not now, but we're going to have a chat when this is over.  Just you and me," she said so coolly that her breath may as well have been frigid as ice as it poured out of her mouth with each word.  She had to keep her composure.  The others would not stand for her immense distrust.  They were a team and functioning quite well as one so far, but with this guy just...UGH.  He obviously had secrets!  What kind of team player has this many secrets?  Not a good one.


Last edited by Masquerade on Sun Oct 20, 2013 2:48 pm; edited 1 time in total

_________________


*Thanks to Mayari for the wonderful avatar/signature combo

WhippedCreame wrote:oh god yes eat my spaghetti confetti

Masquerade
Eternal Dreamer
Eternal Dreamer

Posts : 16321
Join date : 2009-10-28
Age : 24
Location : Home or work. Or some post-apocalyptic dream.

View user profile http://eternaldream.forummotion.com

Back to top Go down

Re: Terraform

Post by Gist on Fri Sep 27, 2013 5:36 am

Thage knelt on the floor her head feeling absolutely terrible. She looked around the battlefield to see... Masq? He darted towards the largest mechanics that she had moved and had given it a gash, accompanied with a roaring battle cry. It... slumped over and fell asleep. What? Was that even possible? It was not a biological creature, yet its light slowed its blinking anyway and it stopped moving altogether. Thage was impressed... right? She knew that there was something suspicious about Masq, seeing that his name was never really revealed, nor was his reason for taking then through. Memories of the first time flashed back to her; how long ago had that been? A day? Two weeks? Who could know anymore with the atmosphere constantly shifting above them. She listened to Renée as she yelled at the man, but she herself continued to stay silent in the back. It was not her place to ask questions. She wanted to find her sister. If this is what it took, so be it.

[Thage cannot Act!
Thage waits...]

Gist
Void Sleeper
Void Sleeper

Posts : 569
Join date : 2013-05-31
Age : 21
Location : Texas

View user profile

Back to top Go down

Re: Terraform

Post by Silver on Sun Oct 06, 2013 7:22 pm

Luca had been looking at Masq, but he had vanished into thin air before her eyes. Sounds of flapping? she questioned internally, confused as to where the man had just disappeared to. A sudden sound of blade colliding with metal drew her attention toward the gargantuan automaton; Masq had laid into the machine, forcing it as he had the others into a state of sleep. Luca's eyes locked in on him sharply. Sure, he's fast, she reasoned, but that was inhuman.

For the briefest of moments, the adventurer shared the irritation bubbling within Renee. The man had been fishy since they met, but she had paid it little mind. He offered adventure, she liked adventure; it was a fairly solid deal. She had little reason to complain otherwise. But this... this raised a few questions. Just who... or rather what was she traveling with? How did he move like that? And, on a more... selfish note, could she, herself, possibly perfect such dexterity? "We'll just have to have a little talk, won't we?" she muttered.

Luca moves to C7!

Luca soon followed Renee and Masq's examples, reaching an almost-perfect positioning right behind the latter. Her eyes shifted from the mysterious man to the blade in her hand, noticing her small enchantment had started to wear off significantly. "That was rather impressive." she declared aloud rather pointedly. Her hand gently glided across the blade as she had done previously. "I must admit," she continued with the same tone, "I am curious as to how you pulled it off." Her icy blue eyes shifted back to Masq with a seriousness unlike that she had portrayed prior to this battle.

"Care to share your secret?"

Luca uses Preparation on herself! Bestows Bravery!
Remaining MP: 9/25

_________________

Silver
Prince of Dreams
Prince of Dreams

Posts : 9455
Join date : 2009-11-29
Age : 20
Location : I stand at a crossroads and stare at a question.

View user profile http://www.facebook.com/pages/Xavier-Rains/314656341904106

Back to top Go down

Re: Terraform

Post by Kurio on Fri Oct 18, 2013 7:20 pm

Katyusha moves to cell G-7

The giant automaton ceased movement for some reason. Was there some sort of malfunction? Did whatever energy source that was powering it run out? Was it just broken from being tossed around the place by the strange woman? Katyusha stepped toward the large machine to try to see what exactly happened to it to cause it to cease movement completely. Was it actually asleep? Katyusha didn't think it would be possible to make a robot fall asleep but glancing toward the man named Masquerade she had a feeling that he somehow had made it happen. The man was definitely an odd one so these abnormal things could potentially be possible with him around. "Impressive." Katyusha spoke, her eyes returning to the slumbering automaton as she retrieved a small shard from her pouch, "To make a machine sleep." She crushed the shard in her hand and the condensed energy stored inside it immediately transferred themselves into her body.

Katyusha uses Mana Fragment on Katyusha. Restores 5 MP
MP: 22/35

Kurio
Masochistic Kitty Kat Maid
Masochistic Kitty Kat Maid

Posts : 8939
Join date : 2009-10-30
Age : 21
Location : I dunno 3:

View user profile

Back to top Go down

Re: Terraform

Post by Zerifachias on Sat Oct 19, 2013 4:17 pm

Karin moves to E-6

Karin walked forward a little bit, getting closer to where their front line was. She wanted to contribute more to the fight, as well as observe the giant mecha more closely. It had fallen asleep, which was an extremely odd thing to occur. There was something in Masquerade's magic that could affect these machines. Perhaps it overrode the internal coding? If that was true, then that magic was very strong. Karin thought for a moment, if she had the kind of power to overwrite codes, there was a lot more she could do. Safes and doors with locks would be nothing to her.

She would have to consider that possibility. It would take work. Or maybe it wouldn't. Testing was required. She could at least make a basic key to override codes. Might as well start with that.

Karin took her computer disk from her arm and loaded up a familiar code. She's had to use this ability more than once in the past couple of battles, so of course she already had the program loaded. It was as simple as bringing it up in the console, activating her powered suit, and attaching the codex to her target. Three easy steps, and Renee was protected by a familiar shield.

Karin codes a Guard Codex: Firewall on Renee! Bestows Protect!

MP: 4/20

Zerifachias
Totes-Mcgoats
Totes-Mcgoats

Posts : 16206
Join date : 2009-11-01
Age : 24
Location : Naletia

View user profile

Back to top Go down

Re: Terraform

Post by Masquerade on Sun Oct 20, 2013 3:12 pm

Aggress takes 1 Dmg!

HP: 119/120

Chapter 00-C: Roused Suspicion

Location: Broken Highway - Steel Graveyard

Objective: Defeat all enemies!

Background: ~The Old Expanse~

Achievement: And A Stun For You! - Have every member of the ally party succumb to Stun at least once over the course of the battle. [10 AP]

{ } {'} { } { } { } { } { } { } { } A
{ } {'} { } {h} { } { } {M} {A} { } B
{ } { } { } { } {R} {L} { } { } {h} C
{ } {'} { } { } { } { } { } {'} { } D
{ } { } { } { } { } {K} { } { } { } E
{ } {'} { } { } { } { } { } { } {h} F
{h} { } { } { } { } { } {A} {'} { } G
{ } { } { } { } { } { } { } { } { } H
{ } {'} { } {h} { } { } { } {'} { } I
{ } {'} { } { } { } { } {T} { } { } J
-1---2---3---4---5---6---7---8---9


Masq's Slumber Surge fades.

Luca's Bravery has 3 turns.

Katyusha's Protect fades.

Renee's Protect has 3 turns.

Enemy Phase.

Aggress is Asleep!

{ } {'} { } { } { } { } { } { } { } A
{ } {'} { } {h} { } { } {M} {A} { } B
{ } { } { } { } {R} {L} { } { } {h} C
{ } {'} { } { } { } { } { } {'} { } D
{ } { } { } { } { } {K} { } { } { } E
{ } {'} { } { } { } { } { } { } {h} F
{h} { } { } { } { } { } {A} {'} { } G
{ } { } { } { } { } { } { } { } { } H
{ } {'} { } {h} { } { } { } {'} { } I
{ } {'} { } { } { } { } {T} { } { } J
-1---2---3---4---5---6---7---8---9


Aggress is Asleep for 3 more turns.

Player Phase 5!

Masquerade (Mysterious Stranger)
HP: 40/40
MP: 15/15
DD: 8/10
Atk: 7
Def: 3
Int: 1
Spr: 5
Evade: 3%
Move: 3 cells

Renee (Huntress) *PROTECT*
HP: 16/25
MP: 3/25
DD: 10/10
Atk: 8
Def: 3
Int: 1
Spr: 5
Evade: 5%
Move: 4 cells

Luca (Adventurer) *BRAVERY*
HP: 30/30
MP: 9/25
DD: 10/10
Atk: 7 --- 11
Def: 5
Int: 1
Spr: 3
Evade: 10%
Move: 5 cells

Karin (Computation Engineer)
HP: 35/35
MP: 4/20
DD: 3/10
Atk: 4
Def: 5
Int: 4
Spr: 4
Evade: 3%
Move: 3 cells

Katyusha (Gunslinger) *ENERGY COLLECTION [3]*
HP: 22/25
MP: 22/35
DD: 10/10
Atk: 1
Def: 3
Int: 7
Spr: 4
Evade: 2%
Move: 3 cells

Thage (Arcane Mistress)
HP: 35/35
MP: 23/40
DD: 0/10
Atk: 1
Def: 2
Int: 5
Spr: 4
Evade: 2%
Move: 2 cells

Aggress (Heavyset Mech) *SLEEP*
HP: 119/120
MP: 65/65
DD: 0/10
Atk: 8
Def: 6
Int: 2
Spr: 3
Evade: 0%
Move: 2 cells

Broom (Sweeper) *OVERKILL*

Ristles (Sweeper) *PERFECT KILL*

Clean (Sweeper) *PERFECT KILL*

{'} - Cracked Asphalt
[No Occupy]

{h} - Junk Heap
[No Occupy]


Masq uses Siesta Slice on Aggress!  14 Dmg! CRITICAL!! (ATK)

MP: 7/15

The mysterious stranger shook his head as he stood in the shadow of the hulking steel titan which remained drooped over in its unbelievable slumber.  He did not turn to face them as the expected bombardment of questions landed upon his ears.  Expected and surprising all at the same time; how contradictory.  "For you to have caught on so quickly..." he simply stated, a mocking tone in his voice, but a lighthearted one.  He grinned to himself wickedly.  "My secret will surely be shared eventually, but for now it must remain as such," he responded enigmatically with a waggling of his finger.  Leaving his little group of warriors be for the moment, he raised his blade which surged to life in a vivid rainbow aura.  "Dreams, wilt and die before my blade!  Siesta Slice!"  Shouting loudly as if not even worried about waking the massive machine before him, Masq ran his blade across the automaton's body with great ease, though it wasn't the physical harm he was even interested in.  There was more at stake than just a body, whether it be flesh or steel.

"Riddle me this, Luca; you've seen so much over the years due to the Cataclysm.  Do you think there's anything in this world that could surprise you, my dear?" Masq called out to the adventurer, finally turning to her still smiling.  His teeth had sharpened considerably compared to how they had been before.  A playful gleam danced across his icy blue eyes as they gazed upon the young woman, awaiting an answer for he was certainly and sincerely intrigued.

Masq waits.


Renee moves to B5.

Oh she was steamed.  Who was he to even take that kind of tone with them?  Was this all a sick twisted game?  Were they following a psychopath?  With each passing moment it grew more and more likely that that was the case.  No, there was no more room for words.  This battle had to end so she could settle this Masq issue herself.  Let Luna have a little chat with him; Renee had much more in mind.  Taking a step up, she glared at the hulking robot.  She wanted to see it in pieces.  Wires flew into the air, seemingly in slow motion, hovering listlessly above the asphalt highway before shooting off in random directions, tying to things and embedding themselves into ground like anchors or hooks.  Soaring through the air, skidding and bouncing from wires, Renee reappeared, tossing even more wires as she navigated herself around the robot, watching as it grew more and more tangled with every acrobatic maneuver she performed with the aid of her first wires.  She grew faster and faster in her movements until she was naught but a blur, and the tight twine she unleashed began to dig into the steel.  When the blur stopped, there several images of Renee--some in the air and some on the ground.  But all of them were holding the ends of a wire.  At the same time, all dashed in the opposite direction of the robot causing the wire that had been tied around it to dig into the steel even more, hopefully with success in shredding it to pieces.

Renee came to be at her original spot, and she didn't even gaze upon her handiwork.  True it was nice to release all that energy and anger, but it didn't resolve any of the issues at hand.  Was she the only one frightened?  Worried?  Suspicious?  Sensible?  Granted the latter was a matter of opinion.  This game was one that had to end and it had to do so soon.  If they truly were wandering into the iron grasp of demise with the stranger as their leader, then they needed to act before they ever got there.  And what better time than now?

The wires...they hunger for flesh and blood.  Shred the prey and revel in the triumph that is the crimson rain of victory!  Renee unleashes the hunting technique, Slice Through!  26 Piercing Dmg! CRITICAL!! [Chance of Bleeding]

DD: 0/10


Last edited by Masquerade on Sun Oct 27, 2013 6:55 pm; edited 1 time in total

_________________


*Thanks to Mayari for the wonderful avatar/signature combo

WhippedCreame wrote:oh god yes eat my spaghetti confetti

Masquerade
Eternal Dreamer
Eternal Dreamer

Posts : 16321
Join date : 2009-10-28
Age : 24
Location : Home or work. Or some post-apocalyptic dream.

View user profile http://eternaldream.forummotion.com

Back to top Go down

Re: Terraform

Post by Zerifachias on Sun Oct 20, 2013 6:34 pm

Karin moves to D-7

Karin stepped a bit closer until she was just in range of the giant mecha. It seemed as though everyone was unleashing their attacks all at once. Strong attacks, too. Renee used what seemed to be a very powerful move, but Karin couldn't stay focused on that for very long. Soon enough, the others will start attacking and she won't have anything left to do.

Karin raised her right arm again, the one holding her computer disk. Instead of inputting a code, Karin instead placed the flat of her hand down on the disk. Summoning a minuscule amount of energy from her power suit, Karin swept her hand out in front of her, throwing what seemed to be an ethereal, pale blue disk that sped towards her target: the giant mecha. The disk went right through the mecha, as if not even touching the thing. But upon a closer inspection, a small bit of electricity jumped from where the disk entered the mecha.

Karin attacks Aggress! 4 Int DMG!

Zerifachias
Totes-Mcgoats
Totes-Mcgoats

Posts : 16206
Join date : 2009-11-01
Age : 24
Location : Naletia

View user profile

Back to top Go down

Re: Terraform

Post by Gist on Sun Oct 20, 2013 7:07 pm

Thage watched as they all began to move towards the colossal monster. She still wasn't sure what use she had with this band of adventurers, but she knew that she had a purpose to fulfill. She scanned the battlefield over looking for any way she'd be able to assist the party's endeavors. She knew that she couldn't possibly get close enough to the monster to be able to do any real damage to it, and even if she teleported towards it, she knew that she would not be able to do a thing to it on account of the toll the spell took from her. She did know, however, that the thing she teleported was not affected at all by the move.

As she moved closer to the fray and the sleeping automaton, she looked over her comrades. Masq and Renee would get there well enough. Karin just attacked it from a range, and Katyusha could attack it from afar as well, so her only option was Luca. She opened her tome and began to sway and moan in time with the chants she cast. Soon, a soft pink light enveloped Luca and she absolutely disappeared. Seconds later with a loud crack, she reappeared on the opposite side of the monster from Masq, which left the perfect opportunity to get in a bit more hurt on it as time went on. Again, she collapsed onto the floor, her chest heaving with exhaustion. She did not know mow much more she could continue to do this...

[Thage moves to H7!
Thage uses Juxtaposition on Luca! [MP: 13/40]
Luca is Warped to B9!
Thage may not act during the next Player Phase!
Chance of MP cost reduction!
Thage waits...]

Gist
Void Sleeper
Void Sleeper

Posts : 569
Join date : 2013-05-31
Age : 21
Location : Texas

View user profile

Back to top Go down

Re: Terraform

Post by Silver on Sun Oct 27, 2013 4:18 pm

Luca had heard the stranger's question, but before she could so much as open her mouth to speak everything shifted. Suddenly adjacent to the metal menace, the adventurer had no time to focus on what Masq had asked. No. She had to act quick. Rapier drawn, two slashes found their way into the monstrosity's framework before one final plunge finished the young woman's assault. She raised her buckler in preparation for the counterattack. No doubt with the machine taking so much damage, anything close would become a prime target.

Luca uses Onset on Aggress! 2 Hits! 15 Atk Damage per Hit! CRITICAL!!
Remaining MP: 3/25

Luca attacks Aggress! 17 Atk Damage! CRITICAL!!


Her eyes remained locked on the mech, but her focus split off to Masq as she had originally intended. "I've seen much, but not it all." she admitted, her voice rather smooth despite the tenseness of her figure. "Anything's possible." she briefly glanced in his direction to affirm her statement. "Your display, however, didn't seem to be of this world in the slightest. And that possibility," she turned back to the mech, "intrigues me."

_________________

Silver
Prince of Dreams
Prince of Dreams

Posts : 9455
Join date : 2009-11-29
Age : 20
Location : I stand at a crossroads and stare at a question.

View user profile http://www.facebook.com/pages/Xavier-Rains/314656341904106

Back to top Go down

Re: Terraform

Post by Kurio on Sun Oct 27, 2013 5:53 pm

Katyusha moves to cell E-7

The machine was still in deep slumber and the others were taking the chance to attack it. It was only a brief opportunity since the disruption would likely wake the machine but it was also the most vulnerable now. She needed to take advantage of this brief moment. Katyusha took quick steps dashing forward with her pistols pointed toward the mech. Locking on with the infrared beams another bombardment of rockets fell on the area.

Katyusha uses Hornet's Nest on Aggress. 7 INT Dmg per hit, 8 hits
MP: 4/35

Kurio
Masochistic Kitty Kat Maid
Masochistic Kitty Kat Maid

Posts : 8939
Join date : 2009-10-30
Age : 21
Location : I dunno 3:

View user profile

Back to top Go down

Re: Terraform

Post by Masquerade on Sun Oct 27, 2013 7:12 pm

Aggress takes 130 Dmg!

Aggress KO!

Chapter 00-C: Roused Suspicion

Location: Broken Highway - Steel Graveyard

Objective: Defeat all enemies!

Background: ~The Old Expanse~

Achievement: And A Stun For You! - Have every member of the ally party succumb to Stun at least once over the course of the battle. [10 AP]

{ } {'} { } { } { } { } { } { } { } A
{ } {'} { } {h} {R} { } {M} { } {L} B
{ } { } { } { } { } { } { } { } {h} C
{ } {'} { } { } { } { } {K} {'} { } D
{ } { } { } { } { } { } {A} { } { } E
{ } {'} { } { } { } { } { } { } {h} F
{h} { } { } { } { } { } { } {'} { } G
{ } { } { } { } { } { } {T} { } { } H
{ } {'} { } {h} { } { } { } {'} { } I
{ } {'} { } { } { } { } { } { } { } J
-1---2---3---4---5---6---7---8---9


All enemies have been defeated!
CHAPTER COMPLETE!!

EXPERIENCE:

+8 - Heavyset Mech x1
+8 - Sweeper x2 PERFECT KILL
+7 - GM Mistake (yes these happen)
+6 - Sweeper x1 OVERKILL
+2 - Player Phase completed less than 10
+2 - No Player Character KO
+1 - Minimal Items used

TOTAL EXP GAIN: 34

Masq: 20/24 --- 54/24
Level UP!
3 Stat Points gained!
Next Level: 30/32
DD: 9/10

Renee: 20/24 --- 54/24
Level UP!
3 Stat Points gained!
Next Level: 30/32
DD: 0/10

Luca: 20/24 --- 54/24
Level UP!
3 Stat Points gained!
Next Level: 30/32
DD: 10/10

Karin: 20/24 --- 54/24
Level UP!
3 Stat Points gained!
Next Level: 23/32
DD: 2/10

Katyusha: 20/24 --- 54/24
Level UP!
3 Stat Points gained!
Next Level: 30/32
DD: 10/10

Thage: 20/24 --- 54/24
Level UP!
3 Stat Points gained!
Next Level: 30/32
DD: 0/10

Skill Points Awarded!

+1: Masq, Renee, Luca, Karin, Katyusha, Thage

Achievement FAILED...

The Party finds 45 Accra!

Items found:

---Old Broom x3
---Hard Drive x3

Edit your profiles, please~  Update will come shortly.

_________________


*Thanks to Mayari for the wonderful avatar/signature combo

WhippedCreame wrote:oh god yes eat my spaghetti confetti

Masquerade
Eternal Dreamer
Eternal Dreamer

Posts : 16321
Join date : 2009-10-28
Age : 24
Location : Home or work. Or some post-apocalyptic dream.

View user profile http://eternaldream.forummotion.com

Back to top Go down

Re: Terraform

Post by Masquerade on Sun Oct 27, 2013 8:16 pm

The mighty mechanical titan fell at last, its systems failing, eye visor flashing with red light as it crumbled to the ground becoming nothing more than a heap of junk just like the rest that littered the cracked asphalt of the broken highway. The other smaller robots were also quite disassembled and in great states of disrepair. Masq sheathed his blade, nodding at Luca's answer. "So you think my fighting style is out of this world, eh?" Masq said lightheartedly as he examined the giant mecha monstrosity before him, producing some tools from his cloak. Searching the back of the titan, he found what he was looking for--a panel that he quickly unbolted and tossed to the side, gazing down upon the internal circuitry with glee. "I guess I should feel flattered," he concluded dismissively as he began to fiddle around with the wires and panels and drivers.

"HEY!!" Renee shouted suddenly, her body trembling with anger. "I don't think she was complimenting you; she was pointing out that there is something SERIOUSLY wrong with you. And frankly, I'm inclined to agree," the huntress huffed, gathering up her used wires which were rather soaked with oil by this point. She got a glimpse of the wires set ablaze and was inspired if only for a moment, but there were more important things to deal with at this point.

Masq stood up suddenly, his icy eyes aglow with joy as he held up a small red chip with a white crossbones pattern upon it. "Oh yes, this is hers all right," Masq looked at the thing more closely, a half-smile on his face. Quickly glancing to Renee, he gave her an uneasy look, scratching at the back of his head with his free hand. "I'm sorry, Renny, were you saying somethi--" His comment was cut off as a wire suddenly found itself wrapped around his wrist tightly. With a sudden yank, the red chip was sent hurtling through the air and right into the huntress's grasp.

"Was this what was causing the robots to be aggressive?" Renee asked, momentarily distracted by the odd object.

"Quite," Masq replied curtly, glancing down at his bound wrist, wincing as the twine began to cut through the skin.

"And you know who it belongs to?"

"I do." Moments of silence passed before Masq gave a pleading look to the rest of the group. "Could someone convince her to let me go? I'd prefer her to do so of her own will instead of me easily escaping." The stranger tapped his foot against the hulking metal giant they had taken down with relative ease thanks to Masq's powers over sleep.

_________________


*Thanks to Mayari for the wonderful avatar/signature combo

WhippedCreame wrote:oh god yes eat my spaghetti confetti

Masquerade
Eternal Dreamer
Eternal Dreamer

Posts : 16321
Join date : 2009-10-28
Age : 24
Location : Home or work. Or some post-apocalyptic dream.

View user profile http://eternaldream.forummotion.com

Back to top Go down

Re: Terraform

Post by Zerifachias on Sun Oct 27, 2013 8:42 pm

Karin rushed over to where the machine fell as soon as it did, she wanted to look inside it and see what she could find. Masquerade, however, beat her to it. Patiently she waited for him to get out of the blasted thing so she could have a look inside it. She wasn't too familiar with the technology in these parts, and she wanted to familiarize herself with it. Once the odd man found what he was looking for, a small red chip, Karin had a look inside the thing.

Using her disk to examine the components and programming of the machine, Karin found something. A code that was used to reboot the program in case of an error. This puzzled Karin a little. If there was a code like that, how did it go on a rampage like that? Karin inspected further, digging deeper into the code. She couldn't find much, but Karin guessed that whatever Masquerade pulled out of the machine would have the answers she desired.

Satisfied with finding the pre-written code, Karin stored it in her disk's memory. It would be incredibly useful to have something like that, in case her suit malfunctioned for whatever reason. Maybe she could alter the code slightly to fix bodily problems too, with her magic. Now that would be something useful.

"May I look at that chip, Masquerade?" Karin asked monotonously, raising her head up to look at the man. She hadn't been paying much attention, and only now realized he was no longer in custody of the chip. Renee was, and she didn't seem all that happy. With that in mind, Karin ignored Masquerade's call for help and turned her attention to Renee. "May I?" She asked again, holding out her hand towards Renee.

Zerifachias
Totes-Mcgoats
Totes-Mcgoats

Posts : 16206
Join date : 2009-11-01
Age : 24
Location : Naletia

View user profile

Back to top Go down

Re: Terraform

Post by Silver on Tue Oct 29, 2013 6:51 pm

"She's right you know," Luca answered, sheathing her rapier, "on one account anyway." She did not bat an eye as Renee entangled the man, nor did she seem phased by Karin digging through the machinery before attempting to procure the chip Masq had just salvaged. Truthfully, she cared not for their actions at the moment, both her mind and eyes were locked on a single focus: the stranger. "Your fighting style is out of this world, but I'm not complimenting you." she crossed her arms in front of her, quirking an eyebrow at the man. To say that he was an odd one would be to say that the color red is, in fact, red; now, however, that simple fact alone could not answer for all of the strange happenings.

The sudden monster appearances at the beginning of this venture were all fine and dandy. She had seen enough of the world to know that was not exactly uncommon, as conveniently placed as it had been. His lack of action in battle up until now was... slightly off-putting, but he had more than made up for it. And that making up was where the problem lay. The speed was impressive, sure, but the ability to put nonliving entities to sleep coupled with the incredible surge and sounds of flapping she had heard drew the line. The stranger was in fact out of this world, but that was not the key issue in Luca's mind.

No. Not at all.

"What I am stating, however, is that it is out of place in this world. You," she uncrossed her hands, placing her right pointer finger on his frame, "are unnatural within this world. A venture totally untravelled by any such as myself." She withdrew her hand, a slight twitching at the corners of her mouth taking over for but a second before her stoic determination resurged. "And that intrigues me. You intrigue me, stranger. Very much so."

There was a strange glimmer in her eyes.

_________________

Silver
Prince of Dreams
Prince of Dreams

Posts : 9455
Join date : 2009-11-29
Age : 20
Location : I stand at a crossroads and stare at a question.

View user profile http://www.facebook.com/pages/Xavier-Rains/314656341904106

Back to top Go down

Re: Terraform

Post by Masquerade on Tue Oct 29, 2013 7:45 pm

Renee tapped her foot against the ground impatiently as she looked at the red chip closely. Karin apparently showed quite some interest in the thing, and it wasn't like the huntress could exactly make heads or tails of it. She forked it over as if the chip were something disgusting and she was more than happy to be rid of it. "Knock yourself out," she said lightly, turning her head to take a peek at the pleading stranger only to realize that her wire had gone slack. She wasn't binding anyone. She had completely missed the sound of flapping once more as Masq vanished from sight,apparently free of her trapping. Renee pursed her lips quite tightly forming a thin, displeased line on her face. Where had he gone?

"You may very well be right, Luca," Masq's voice sounded from behind the adventurer. He paced around her until he stood right in front of her, his icy blue eyes gazing directly into hers, a soft smile upon his face. He took her chin in his hand and brought his face closer to hers, still peering into her eyes. "Even if it's not a compliment, consider me flattered regardless. True be it that there is more to me than meets the eye, but I thought that was as obvious as saying that the sun and moon can be found in the sky." Here he slid his hand away from Luca's chin, grinning as he took a few steps away from her, sparing a glance to Renee and Karin. "Do keep in mind that I said I could free myself. I wasn't lying by the way."

Rubbing his wrist, Masq traveled a short distance along the highway. In the distance, he could catch site of the large steel walls that undoubtedly marked the location of their next destination--Vegas. "Riddle me this, Luca, and I'm sorry but you seem rather fond of riddles: if I am not of this world, does that weaken your resolve to follow me? Or strengthen it?" He paused. "Or does it do anything at all~?" he mused whimsically. Was that a hint of mocking in his voice?

_________________


*Thanks to Mayari for the wonderful avatar/signature combo

WhippedCreame wrote:oh god yes eat my spaghetti confetti

Masquerade
Eternal Dreamer
Eternal Dreamer

Posts : 16321
Join date : 2009-10-28
Age : 24
Location : Home or work. Or some post-apocalyptic dream.

View user profile http://eternaldream.forummotion.com

Back to top Go down

Re: Terraform

Post by Silver on Wed Oct 30, 2013 2:28 pm

Luca stood still as stone when Masq grasped her chin, delicately placing his face within the closest proximity any person had been in in the longest of times. Other girls would have inhaled sharply or swooned, but she did not. Her blue eyes merely held his gaze, staring deep into his icy orbs. Searching for something––anything more than what met the natural eye until he finally let her go. Her eyes swiftly fell to the cheshire grin that typically followed any statement he made to their little group. Focus locked, still searching, but nothing came.

She blinked.

And then she breathed.

He offered her another riddle, and once more the corners of her mouth twitched upward slightly. The man was certainly suave––she doubted not his ability to string them all along. Even though that should have worried her, it didn't. She nodded in response to his question, starting to follow him. The rest of the world around her became a blur. "Curiosity may kill the cat, but satisfaction never fails to bring it back. You'll find no greater a fountain of satisfaction––in truth, no greater a driving force––than desire. So long as I continue to desire the opportunity to travel paths unknown, my resolve shall not fade." she replied smoothly, eyes still locked on his frame. Her voice than dropped to but a whisper, hardly loud enough for the stranger to hear. "You are a path totally foreign in every sense of the word. My desires have not changed."

_________________

Silver
Prince of Dreams
Prince of Dreams

Posts : 9455
Join date : 2009-11-29
Age : 20
Location : I stand at a crossroads and stare at a question.

View user profile http://www.facebook.com/pages/Xavier-Rains/314656341904106

Back to top Go down

Re: Terraform

Post by Sponsored content Today at 1:21 pm


Sponsored content


Back to top Go down

Page 4 of 8 Previous  1, 2, 3, 4, 5, 6, 7, 8  Next

View previous topic View next topic Back to top


 
Permissions in this forum:
You cannot reply to topics in this forum