Eternal Dream
Would you like to react to this message? Create an account in a few clicks or log in to continue.

Terraform

5 posters

Page 4 of 8 Previous  1, 2, 3, 4, 5, 6, 7, 8  Next

Go down

Terraform - Page 5 Empty Re: Terraform

Post by Zerifachias Sun Oct 20, 2013 6:34 pm

Karin moves to D-7

Karin stepped a bit closer until she was just in range of the giant mecha. It seemed as though everyone was unleashing their attacks all at once. Strong attacks, too. Renee used what seemed to be a very powerful move, but Karin couldn't stay focused on that for very long. Soon enough, the others will start attacking and she won't have anything left to do.

Karin raised her right arm again, the one holding her computer disk. Instead of inputting a code, Karin instead placed the flat of her hand down on the disk. Summoning a minuscule amount of energy from her power suit, Karin swept her hand out in front of her, throwing what seemed to be an ethereal, pale blue disk that sped towards her target: the giant mecha. The disk went right through the mecha, as if not even touching the thing. But upon a closer inspection, a small bit of electricity jumped from where the disk entered the mecha.

Karin attacks Aggress! 4 Int DMG!
Zerifachias
Zerifachias
Totes-Mcgoats
Totes-Mcgoats

Back to top Go down

Post by Gist Sun Oct 20, 2013 7:07 pm

Thage watched as they all began to move towards the colossal monster. She still wasn't sure what use she had with this band of adventurers, but she knew that she had a purpose to fulfill. She scanned the battlefield over looking for any way she'd be able to assist the party's endeavors. She knew that she couldn't possibly get close enough to the monster to be able to do any real damage to it, and even if she teleported towards it, she knew that she would not be able to do a thing to it on account of the toll the spell took from her. She did know, however, that the thing she teleported was not affected at all by the move.

As she moved closer to the fray and the sleeping automaton, she looked over her comrades. Masq and Renee would get there well enough. Karin just attacked it from a range, and Katyusha could attack it from afar as well, so her only option was Luca. She opened her tome and began to sway and moan in time with the chants she cast. Soon, a soft pink light enveloped Luca and she absolutely disappeared. Seconds later with a loud crack, she reappeared on the opposite side of the monster from Masq, which left the perfect opportunity to get in a bit more hurt on it as time went on. Again, she collapsed onto the floor, her chest heaving with exhaustion. She did not know mow much more she could continue to do this...

[Thage moves to H7!
Thage uses Juxtaposition on Luca! [MP: 13/40]
Luca is Warped to B9!
Thage may not act during the next Player Phase!
Chance of MP cost reduction!
Thage waits...]
Gist
Gist
Full Eight Hours
Full Eight Hours

Back to top Go down

Post by Silver Sun Oct 27, 2013 4:18 pm

Luca had heard the stranger's question, but before she could so much as open her mouth to speak everything shifted. Suddenly adjacent to the metal menace, the adventurer had no time to focus on what Masq had asked. No. She had to act quick. Rapier drawn, two slashes found their way into the monstrosity's framework before one final plunge finished the young woman's assault. She raised her buckler in preparation for the counterattack. No doubt with the machine taking so much damage, anything close would become a prime target.

Luca uses Onset on Aggress! 2 Hits! 15 Atk Damage per Hit! CRITICAL!!
Remaining MP: 3/25

Luca attacks Aggress! 17 Atk Damage! CRITICAL!!

Her eyes remained locked on the mech, but her focus split off to Masq as she had originally intended. "I've seen much, but not it all." she admitted, her voice rather smooth despite the tenseness of her figure. "Anything's possible." she briefly glanced in his direction to affirm her statement. "Your display, however, didn't seem to be of this world in the slightest. And that possibility," she turned back to the mech, "intrigues me."
Silver
Silver
Prince of Dreams
Prince of Dreams

https://www.facebook.com/pages/Xavier-Rains/314656341904106

Back to top Go down

Post by Kurio Sun Oct 27, 2013 5:53 pm

Katyusha moves to cell E-7

The machine was still in deep slumber and the others were taking the chance to attack it. It was only a brief opportunity since the disruption would likely wake the machine but it was also the most vulnerable now. She needed to take advantage of this brief moment. Katyusha took quick steps dashing forward with her pistols pointed toward the mech. Locking on with the infrared beams another bombardment of rockets fell on the area.

Katyusha uses Hornet's Nest on Aggress. 7 INT Dmg per hit, 8 hits
MP: 4/35
Kurio
Kurio
Masochistic Kitty Kat Maid

Back to top Go down

Post by Masquerade Sun Oct 27, 2013 7:12 pm

Aggress takes 130 Dmg!

Aggress KO!

Chapter 00-C: Roused Suspicion

Objective: Defeat all enemies!

Background: ~The Old Expanse~

Achievement: And A Stun For You! - Have every member of the ally party succumb to Stun at least once over the course of the battle. [10 AP]

{ } {'} { } { } { } { } { } { } { } A
{ } {'} { } {h} {R} { } {M} { } {L} B
{ } { } { } { } { } { } { } { } {h} C
{ } {'} { } { } { } { } {K} {'} { } D
{ } { } { } { } { } { } {A} { } { } E
{ } {'} { } { } { } { } { } { } {h} F
{h} { } { } { } { } { } { } {'} { } G
{ } { } { } { } { } { } {T} { } { } H
{ } {'} { } {h} { } { } { } {'} { } I
{ } {'} { } { } { } { } { } { } { } J
-1---2---3---4---5---6---7---8---9

All enemies have been defeated!
CHAPTER COMPLETE!!

EXPERIENCE:

+8 - Heavyset Mech x1
+8 - Sweeper x2 PERFECT KILL
+7 - GM Mistake (yes these happen)
+6 - Sweeper x1 OVERKILL
+2 - Player Phase completed less than 10
+2 - No Player Character KO
+1 - Minimal Items used

TOTAL EXP GAIN: 34

Masq: 20/24 --- 54/24
Level UP!
3 Stat Points gained!
Next Level: 30/32
DD: 9/10

Renee: 20/24 --- 54/24
Level UP!
3 Stat Points gained!
DD: 0/10

Luca: 20/24 --- 54/24
Level UP!
3 Stat Points gained!
DD: 10/10

Karin: 20/24 --- 54/24
Level UP!
3 Stat Points gained!
Next Level: 23/32
DD: 2/10

Katyusha: 20/24 --- 54/24
Level UP!
3 Stat Points gained!

Thage: 20/24 --- 54/24
Level UP!
3 Stat Points gained!

Skill Points Awarded!

+1: Masq, Renee, Luca, Karin, Katyusha, Thage

Achievement FAILED...

The Party finds 45 Accra!

Items found:

---Old Broom x3
---Hard Drive x3

Edit your profiles, please~  Update will come shortly.
Masquerade
Masquerade
Eternal Dreamer
Eternal Dreamer

https://eternaldream.forummotion.com

Back to top Go down

Post by Masquerade Sun Oct 27, 2013 8:16 pm

The mighty mechanical titan fell at last, its systems failing, eye visor flashing with red light as it crumbled to the ground becoming nothing more than a heap of junk just like the rest that littered the cracked asphalt of the broken highway. The other smaller robots were also quite disassembled and in great states of disrepair. Masq sheathed his blade, nodding at Luca's answer. "So you think my fighting style is out of this world, eh?" Masq said lightheartedly as he examined the giant mecha monstrosity before him, producing some tools from his cloak. Searching the back of the titan, he found what he was looking for--a panel that he quickly unbolted and tossed to the side, gazing down upon the internal circuitry with glee. "I guess I should feel flattered," he concluded dismissively as he began to fiddle around with the wires and panels and drivers.

"HEY!!" Renee shouted suddenly, her body trembling with anger. "I don't think she was complimenting you; she was pointing out that there is something SERIOUSLY wrong with you. And frankly, I'm inclined to agree," the huntress huffed, gathering up her used wires which were rather soaked with oil by this point. She got a glimpse of the wires set ablaze and was inspired if only for a moment, but there were more important things to deal with at this point.

Masq stood up suddenly, his icy eyes aglow with joy as he held up a small red chip with a white crossbones pattern upon it. "Oh yes, this is hers all right," Masq looked at the thing more closely, a half-smile on his face. Quickly glancing to Renee, he gave her an uneasy look, scratching at the back of his head with his free hand. "I'm sorry, Renny, were you saying somethi--" His comment was cut off as a wire suddenly found itself wrapped around his wrist tightly. With a sudden yank, the red chip was sent hurtling through the air and right into the huntress's grasp.

"Was this what was causing the robots to be aggressive?" Renee asked, momentarily distracted by the odd object.

"Quite," Masq replied curtly, glancing down at his bound wrist, wincing as the twine began to cut through the skin.

"And you know who it belongs to?"

"I do." Moments of silence passed before Masq gave a pleading look to the rest of the group. "Could someone convince her to let me go? I'd prefer her to do so of her own will instead of me easily escaping." The stranger tapped his foot against the hulking metal giant they had taken down with relative ease thanks to Masq's powers over sleep.
Masquerade
Masquerade
Eternal Dreamer
Eternal Dreamer

Back to top Go down

Post by Zerifachias Sun Oct 27, 2013 8:42 pm

Karin rushed over to where the machine fell as soon as it did, she wanted to look inside it and see what she could find. Masquerade, however, beat her to it. Patiently she waited for him to get out of the blasted thing so she could have a look inside it. She wasn't too familiar with the technology in these parts, and she wanted to familiarize herself with it. Once the odd man found what he was looking for, a small red chip, Karin had a look inside the thing.

Using her disk to examine the components and programming of the machine, Karin found something. A code that was used to reboot the program in case of an error. This puzzled Karin a little. If there was a code like that, how did it go on a rampage like that? Karin inspected further, digging deeper into the code. She couldn't find much, but Karin guessed that whatever Masquerade pulled out of the machine would have the answers she desired.

Satisfied with finding the pre-written code, Karin stored it in her disk's memory. It would be incredibly useful to have something like that, in case her suit malfunctioned for whatever reason. Maybe she could alter the code slightly to fix bodily problems too, with her magic. Now that would be something useful.

"May I look at that chip, Masquerade?" Karin asked monotonously, raising her head up to look at the man. She hadn't been paying much attention, and only now realized he was no longer in custody of the chip. Renee was, and she didn't seem all that happy. With that in mind, Karin ignored Masquerade's call for help and turned her attention to Renee. "May I?" She asked again, holding out her hand towards Renee.
Zerifachias
Zerifachias
Totes-Mcgoats
Totes-Mcgoats

Back to top Go down

Post by Silver Tue Oct 29, 2013 6:51 pm

"She's right you know," Luca answered, sheathing her rapier, "on one account anyway." She did not bat an eye as Renee entangled the man, nor did she seem phased by Karin digging through the machinery before attempting to procure the chip Masq had just salvaged. Truthfully, she cared not for their actions at the moment, both her mind and eyes were locked on a single focus: the stranger. "Your fighting style is out of this world, but I'm not complimenting you." she crossed her arms in front of her, quirking an eyebrow at the man. To say that he was an odd one would be to say that the color red is, in fact, red; now, however, that simple fact alone could not answer for all of the strange happenings.

The sudden monster appearances at the beginning of this venture were all fine and dandy. She had seen enough of the world to know that was not exactly uncommon, as conveniently placed as it had been. His lack of action in battle up until now was... slightly off-putting, but he had more than made up for it. And that making up was where the problem lay. The speed was impressive, sure, but the ability to put nonliving entities to sleep coupled with the incredible surge and sounds of flapping she had heard drew the line. The stranger was in fact out of this world, but that was not the key issue in Luca's mind.

No. Not at all.

"What I am stating, however, is that it is out of place in this world. You," she uncrossed her hands, placing her right pointer finger on his frame, "are unnatural within this world. A venture totally untravelled by any such as myself." She withdrew her hand, a slight twitching at the corners of her mouth taking over for but a second before her stoic determination resurged. "And that intrigues me. You intrigue me, stranger. Very much so."

There was a strange glimmer in her eyes.
Silver
Silver
Prince of Dreams
Prince of Dreams

Back to top Go down

Post by Masquerade Tue Oct 29, 2013 7:45 pm

Renee tapped her foot against the ground impatiently as she looked at the red chip closely. Karin apparently showed quite some interest in the thing, and it wasn't like the huntress could exactly make heads or tails of it. She forked it over as if the chip were something disgusting and she was more than happy to be rid of it. "Knock yourself out," she said lightly, turning her head to take a peek at the pleading stranger only to realize that her wire had gone slack. She wasn't binding anyone. She had completely missed the sound of flapping once more as Masq vanished from sight,apparently free of her trapping. Renee pursed her lips quite tightly forming a thin, displeased line on her face. Where had he gone?

"You may very well be right, Luca," Masq's voice sounded from behind the adventurer. He paced around her until he stood right in front of her, his icy blue eyes gazing directly into hers, a soft smile upon his face. He took her chin in his hand and brought his face closer to hers, still peering into her eyes. "Even if it's not a compliment, consider me flattered regardless. True be it that there is more to me than meets the eye, but I thought that was as obvious as saying that the sun and moon can be found in the sky." Here he slid his hand away from Luca's chin, grinning as he took a few steps away from her, sparing a glance to Renee and Karin. "Do keep in mind that I said I could free myself. I wasn't lying by the way."

Rubbing his wrist, Masq traveled a short distance along the highway. In the distance, he could catch site of the large steel walls that undoubtedly marked the location of their next destination--Vegas. "Riddle me this, Luca, and I'm sorry but you seem rather fond of riddles: if I am not of this world, does that weaken your resolve to follow me? Or strengthen it?" He paused. "Or does it do anything at all~?" he mused whimsically. Was that a hint of mocking in his voice?
Masquerade
Masquerade
Eternal Dreamer
Eternal Dreamer

Back to top Go down

Post by Silver Wed Oct 30, 2013 2:28 pm

Luca stood still as stone when Masq grasped her chin, delicately placing his face within the closest proximity any person had been in in the longest of times. Other girls would have inhaled sharply or swooned, but she did not. Her blue eyes merely held his gaze, staring deep into his icy orbs. Searching for something––anything more than what met the natural eye until he finally let her go. Her eyes swiftly fell to the cheshire grin that typically followed any statement he made to their little group. Focus locked, still searching, but nothing came.

She blinked.

And then she breathed.

He offered her another riddle, and once more the corners of her mouth twitched upward slightly. The man was certainly suave––she doubted not his ability to string them all along. Even though that should have worried her, it didn't. She nodded in response to his question, starting to follow him. The rest of the world around her became a blur. "Curiosity may kill the cat, but satisfaction never fails to bring it back. You'll find no greater a fountain of satisfaction––in truth, no greater a driving force––than desire. So long as I continue to desire the opportunity to travel paths unknown, my resolve shall not fade." she replied smoothly, eyes still locked on his frame. Her voice than dropped to but a whisper, hardly loud enough for the stranger to hear. "You are a path totally foreign in every sense of the word. My desires have not changed."
Silver
Silver
Prince of Dreams
Prince of Dreams

Back to top Go down

Post by Zerifachias Fri Nov 01, 2013 6:53 pm

Karin almost smiled as the red chip wound up in her hands. Immediately she loosened her grip on the thing, it seemed to have been made of some brittle material. If she wasn't careful, she could easily wind up breaking it, though she didn't recognize what this material was, or why it was colored this way. It was definitely not something found in her realm of living, and was definitely an advanced piece of technology.

Karin hovered her computer disk in the air, not needing to hold it as it was propelled by her own energy. She was able to scan the red chip, but upon reading the codes within, she could find no trace of any data she could read. Even with her vast knowledge of technology and codes, she couldn't seem to crack this one. However, knowing that the machines had no faulty codes in their systems, this chip was what likely caused them to become so aggressive. Almost a second after she determined this, she finally caught an intelligible program: aggrieve.exe. So it was meant to cause aggression in otherwise passive automatons. But was this a specific chip, or was the program so complex that it could affect many different types of machines? Karin couldn't tell.

Even with this long, complex code and the meaningless bits of data used to thwart inspectors like Karin, she could tell that there was still room in the chip for more data. Which means the code could become even more complex than it already was. It was difficult to ascertain how much data could be stored, but Karin figured it would be a fair amount. As for the crossbones, Karin hadn't a clue what that was all about. To her, it merely seemed like a symbol of its owner, it didn't seem to serve any purpose.

Karin was impressed with the complexity of the technology in this chip. So impressed, actually, that she turned to Masquerade and immediately asked him, "Are we going to find the maker of this chip? I'd love to see what other technology she holds." This was huge. This could be the great leap towards controlling the weather that she needed. Sure, controlling automatons and controlling the weather were two very different things, but if this coder has something else up her sleeve, something even more complex and powerful, Karin might be able to do something with it.
Zerifachias
Zerifachias
Totes-Mcgoats
Totes-Mcgoats

Back to top Go down

Post by Gist Sat Nov 02, 2013 10:20 am

Thage watched as the group coagulated, gravitating towards the largest mech that was recently felled. She stood and brushed her clothing to rid herself of the dust she had attained. She was not a real asset to the group as a whole, but rather an afterthought that had been taken at the last possible moment. What was her fate here in chaos, if her place in this group was not solidified?

There was almost no point to her placement, which both intrigued her and disappointed her. Looking from Katyusha, who hadn't yet moved, to the group once again, she decided to move forward. She knew that the party's destination was Las Vegas, but she was still not entirely sure if she was an ally of theirs. She just moved forward in the same direction she had begun in with no regard to the others, heels clicking, her mouth not uttering a single word.

She took this time to reflect a bit on where her sister could possibly be. She knew that this chaos had erupted when she was taken away from her two years ago. She could still feel the warmth of her palm as it was slipping through her grasp. She cringed and tears came to her eyes as she pressed forwards. Whether or not she was needed in this adventure, she would continue to march forward until Francine was back in her grasp. That much, she was sure of.
Gist
Gist
Full Eight Hours
Full Eight Hours

Back to top Go down

Post by Masquerade Sun Nov 03, 2013 4:08 pm

"Remind me not to riddle you anymore; you're too much of a flatterer for your own good," Masq said ominously as he continued to pace forward in thought.  It seemed Thage was ready to press onward, silent as she was.  Katyusha also seemed rather contemplative at the time.  "Well, as long as you're willing to follow, there's no problems at all now are there?" the mysterious fellow mused as he finally came to a stop.

"Of course there's a problem!  You're an alien or something!" Renee shouted, clearly enraged that the man had escaped her bonds.  She was tempted to toss as many wires as she could at him, but chances were that he'd wind up using whatever powers he had to escape once again, so she held them tightly in her grasp more defensively than anything.  "How do we know that you're not trying to destroy the world or something?  Or maybe invade it with your followers or something?"

"Silly Renny.  You guys are my only followers.  Did you perhaps want to take over the world with me?" the stranger retorted merrily, not bothering to turn to face the raging huntress.  He got no response.  "I didn't think so."  Sighing, he thought to give Karin a positive answer to her own question.  "As for your desire to meet her, well, we will undoubtedly be encountering her soon.  She's still in the area, I can tell.  Frightening how you know when someone's around just by the amount of time you've spent with them in the past..." Masq explained, trailing off and drowning in nostalgia.  "If you're so anxious, let us be off."

That said, he moved forward with the group in tow.  Vegas awaited and so did this mysterious figure from Masq's past.  The sweltering heat didn't fade as they continued to trek along the cracked asphalt even as the sun began to descend.  The looming steel walls in the distance that surrounded Vegas grew larger and larger the closer they came.  The heaps of junk littering the road seemed to become more scarce as they drew nearer to the city, and the road itself actually appeared to get into better condition--the asphalt nice and black with newly painted lines.  It must have been a fairly recent renovation.  By the time they reached the city gates, the sun was gently flirting with the horizon, and the heat of the day was beginning to be replaced by the coolness of the night.

Standing in front of the gates, someone blocked their path.  She was a beautiful woman by all meanings of the word.  Her long, dirty blonde hair was blown to the side by the wind, strands covering her face at an angle from the right side of her head down to the left, obscuring her left eye from sight.  About her form was a beige trenchcoat with an undone sash allowing the bottom of the coat to sway with the breeze as well.  She wore men's khaki's and a spotless white blouse, not the least bit concerned about possibly being overdressed.  Her one visible eye was a surreal violet in hue and gazed aimlessly at the approaching group and continued to do so until they were forced to stop.  The eye honed in instantly on Masq.

"I was wonder how long it would take you to get here.  It's been too long, Masquerade."  The words were so stoic on the surface, but they possessed a hint of abrasiveness below.  This was far from a friendly reunion.  "Taking into consideration your nature, I assume you're not going to come quietly?"

Masq shrugged his shoulders and drew his blade.  "I don't know what you're talking about, Marauder.  True be it that it's been a long time, but I have no intentions of coming with you."  He spoke those words with a smile on his face, an expression that greatly contradicted his actions and the nature of this situation.  "You, on the other hand, should stop interfering with this world.  They are already suffering from chaos; why are you adding more to it?"

"You mean tampering with their simple machinery?  It was just an attempt to lure you in and oh how it worked.  Now," she replied simply, her voice trailing off.  Her hands went to her hips where two holsters could be seen attached to her black leather belt.  She took out the guns that were in the holsters.  They were bluish in color and didn't look like they were made from any material naturally found on the planet.  Twirling them with relative ease, she focused both on Masq.  "I see you've gained a harem in our time apart?" she questioned, eyebrow raised.  "If you value your lives, you will not aid this man.  I will eliminate anyone who gets in my way."

"Do you hear that children?  It's playtime with the desperate Marauder!  Ready yourselves for battle, my allies.  I promise her bark is worse than her bite."

Chapter 00-D: Suspicion Confirmed

Objective: Defeat the Mysterious Marauder!

Background: ~Supposed Heroism~

Achievement: Rivalry - Have Masquerade land the killing blow on Marauder. [8 AP]

{w} {w} {w} {X} {X} {X} {w} {w} {w} A
{ } { } { } { } { } { } { } { } { } B
{ } { } { } { } {M} { } { } { } { } C
{ } { } { } { } { } { } { } { } { } D
{ } { } { } { } { } { } { } { } { } E
{ } { } { } { } { } { } { } { } { } F
{ } { } { } { } { } { } { } { } { } G
{ } { } { } { } {M} { } { } { } { } H
{ } { } { } { } { } { } { } { } { } I
{ } { } { } { } { } { } { } { } { } J

Masq (Mysterious Stranger)
HP: 40/40
MP: 20/20
Atk: 8
Def: 4
Int: 1
Spr: 5
Evade: 3%
Move: 3 cells

Marauder (Mysterious Marauder)
HP: 275/275
MP: 140/140
Atk: 9
Int: 3
Spr: 7
Evade: 11%
Move: 4 cells

{X} - City Gates
[No Occupy]

{w} - City Walls
[No Occupy]

Players may start in rows H-I!

Last edited by Masquerade on Thu Nov 07, 2013 7:36 pm; edited 1 time in total
Masquerade
Masquerade
Eternal Dreamer
Eternal Dreamer

Back to top Go down

Post by Gist Sun Nov 03, 2013 4:37 pm

As she continued to walk forward, Thage had listened to the ending of the argument between Renee and Masq, and she was delighted to have absolutely zero part in it. She felt the high heat of the sun beam down upon her as it began to set, but she knew that she wouldn't overheat; there was nothing that would cause her to do so. She knew that she was underclothed just enough that she wouldn't feel stifled by the stagnant heat.

She heard the group catch up behind her, so she decided to lag behind again so that she was walking in line and in time with the mysterious stranger. His origin had no consequence on her, so long that it was her desire that was achieved, and nothing more. Francine was the only one who could possibly make her happy at this moment in time, so she would not be affected by something so mundane and trivial. That's all fine and good if the others were to get caught up in wondering about the man's mysteries, but she would have none of that.

As she continued to traverse the burning asphalt, she opened the blank tome she carried. It had absolutely no ink within, yet she still attempted to read it as if it were a schoolbook. Obviously there was nothing to gain from doing so, but she always knew that Francine loved to read odd things, and the action brought back a fond memory of her sister. That was about all that could keep her going, aside from the motivation she received from being in this travelling party. She knew though, that she would have to step up her game if she were going to keep her place.

She snapped the tome shut as she began to feel the sign of a foreign presence. Looking upward, she noticed a woman dressed in sandy colors, with long, flowing hair that almost matched the trench coat she wore. Thage felt a myriad of things in contrast to the apathy that she felt just moments before. This woman in front of her was so bizarre... and so familiar. Certainly Thage did not know who this woman was, but then again, she felt an internal kinship with her that could not be denied.

On the surface of the woman's skin, she seemed to be the same as... her... but then again, there was something quite off about her appearance that made Thage second guess herself. She knew that that person was dead, and that she had been so for the last ten years. Since she was a small child. That fact had been ingrained into her very being, seeing that there was not a single hope of getting that person back... and yet here she was. But... how could this be?

Floods of nostalgia and desire poured throughout Thage as she stared at the woman. She knew that there was no possibility of that woman having a relationship with her, yet she knew deep within her essence that she knew that this woman was, or had been, close to her at a point in time.

The wind picked up, blowing her hair out of its careful braid and coils. She felt emotions well up all throughout herself, making tears well in her eyes. Could it possibly be? Was she still alive? But how? She should have been dead, yet there she was standing before her. Certainly she was seeing a mirage. She... couldn't be alive, not after what had happened. She brought her tome closer to her chest, as if to protect her heart. She knew that this wasn't true, but her soul was telling an entirely different tale. She knew that something was off.

As she continued to stare at the woman, the emotion became too much. Tears openly falling down her face, she opened her mouth to speak. "M-mother? I-... is that you?"

[Thage starts in I3!]

Last edited by Gist on Sun Nov 03, 2013 6:16 pm; edited 1 time in total (Reason for editing : lol dat starting cell is illegal)
Gist
Gist
Full Eight Hours
Full Eight Hours

Back to top Go down

Post by Silver Sun Nov 03, 2013 5:51 pm

Luca starts at H4!

She merely quirked an eyebrow at Masq when he responded, but she said no more on the subject. Her pace remained steady and she did not mind the argument between Renee and the stranger. Truthfully, she wished to remain as neutral as possible between them––it would be absolutely necessary if the party were to remain in tact. The man would no doubt drive the huntress to her breaking point with how testy she seemed; maintaining what little common ground they had would help in keeping her from doing something foolish.

But then that was where the question sat. How could she say that what they were currently doing wasn't foolish? Following a man clearly out of place in this world and fighting battle after battle? Had she, herself, not deigned for adventure, she probably would have questioned her own sanity. It was a rather foolish thing objectively, but, as she had said to Masq, it was what she wanted to do. Desire was the driving force. Desire would remain to do so until it ran out––if it ran out.

It was in her musings that the group was forced to a stop by woman dressed in sandy colors. Luca's hand immediately fell to the rapier at her side––the tension this woman radiated did not agree with her. And no sooner had she done so did it become perfectly obvious that a fight would be in store. This "Marauder," as Masq had called her, seemed quite keen on getting Masq to go with her, and clearly he would not. Of course fighting would be the only solution. "I don't suppose you could elaborate?" Luca asked, finally drawing her weapon. "Why, exactly, should we listen to you?"
Silver
Silver
Prince of Dreams
Prince of Dreams

Back to top Go down

Post by Zerifachias Wed Nov 06, 2013 3:59 pm

Karin starts at H-6

They would be going to see the person who made this technology. Karin felt excitement rising up within her, but she quickly quelled those emotions. This likely would not be a very friendly visit. Considering what the machines here tried to do to them, and considering that this person probably meant for this to happen, Karin couldn't see any situation but a bad one coming from a confrontation.

Still, Karin wanted to know more, and when the woman appeared before them, she knew she would have many questions to ask her. She might even ask one or two of them. As it seemed, currently, she would stay quiet, and observe. Observe the curious interactions between their group and this woman.
Zerifachias
Zerifachias
Totes-Mcgoats
Totes-Mcgoats

Back to top Go down

Post by Kurio Wed Nov 06, 2013 5:35 pm

Katyusha starts at cell I-5

Throughout the discussion of the odd chip and the fact that this Masq was a completely different being Katyusha made no sound. Why would she have said anything? She had nothing to add to the conversation and she needed only to remember what was said in case she needed to recall that information later on. She just followed the rest of the group wordlessly, taking note of every bit of information in their argument.

When the group was stopped by the woman who seemed to be old acquaintances with the man named Masquerade Katyusha had thought nothing of it. It was just another part of the man's past that they'd have to deal with if they were to continue on this journey with him. However when the woman pulled out her weapons Katyusha's attention was almost immediately drawn to them. They gave her a very eerie feeling. The pistols and that strange blue hue seemed eerily familiar to her. She could have sworn they were something she at least had some knowledge of, just she couldn't quite put her finger on it.

Katyusha snapped herself out of the trance she had fallen in while staring into the pistols. No, she couldn't let herself get distracted by these things, familiar or not. She turned her cap and tilted it downward, hiding most of her face underneath its shadow. She needed to focus, not dwell on something that she wasn't even sure if it was important to her or not. She took out her own two pistols and pointed them toward the woman, taking a moment to aim as the two small red dots converged to a single point in the middle of her torso. "Target acquired."
Kurio
Kurio

Back to top Go down

Post by Masquerade Thu Nov 07, 2013 8:22 pm

Achievement: Rivalry - Have Masquerade land the killing blow on Marauder. [8 AP]

{ } { } { } { } { } { } { } { } { } B
{ } { } { } { } {M} { } { } { } { } C
{ } { } { } { } { } { } { } { } { } E
{ } { } { } { } { } { } { } { } { } F
{ } { } { } { } { } { } { } { } { } G
{ } {R} { } {L} {M} {K} { } { } { } H
{ } { } {T} { } {A} { } { } { } { } I

Masq (Mysterious Stranger)

Renee (Huntress) *HASTE*
HP: 30/30
MP: 25/25
Evade: 5%

Luca (Adventurer)
MP: 30/30
Def: 5
Spr: 4
Evade: 10%
Move: 5 cells

Karin (Computation Engineer)
Atk: 4
Int: 4

Katyusha (Gunslinger)
HP: 25/25
MP: 40/40
Atk: 1
Int: 8
Evade: 2%

Thage (Arcane Mistress)
HP: 50/50
Def: 2
Int: 5
Move: 2 cells

HP: 275/275
Spr: 7

{X} - City Gates
[No Occupy]

{w} - City Walls
[No Occupy]

Player Phase 1!

Masq moves to E5.

"You know, I didn't expect you to be the jealous type, Marauder," Masq stated smoothly as he practically glissaded forward, coming to an elegant stop, blade still at the ready and completely unafraid of the twin pistols that were aimed at his chest.  It almost seemed as though he really had nothing to lose.  Marauder was a very old foe of his, and he knew her tricks and abilities quite well unless she picked up a thing or two since last they duked it out.  A clash of sword and gun.  Though before, Masq was able to use the full extent of his power--something he couldn't do now.  Not just yet.  He would wait until the last moment and finish her off once and for all, even if the others had to bear witness to what he truly was.

"Wish you were in my harem, do you?" Masq continued to tease, not worried about what the ladies in his group would have to say about it.  It was clearly just an attempt to bait Marauder into attacking him--really he was doing them a favor.  Or was he?  He gazed at Marauder cockily, tapping his foot on the ground as if just waiting for her to riddle him with bullets.

Masq waits.

Renee uses Canopy Glide! [Moves to C2][Next attack deals 10% more damage]

MP: 17/25

R-Ability Effortless Agility activates! [+8 MP Recovered]

Renee attacks Marauder!  10 Dmg! (ATK)

Tossing her wire, Renee kept her gaze trained on the gun-wielding woman, an apparent figure from Masq's past.  There was no doubt that this woman had answers that she would need, but whether or not she'd be willing to divulge was up in the air at the moment.  The wires plunged into the wall with the aid of her mana, and off into the air she flew, drawing nearer and nearer to the wall and her target.  She landed on the asphalt with a groan and ripped the wires out of the wall only to send them hurtling forward, lashing out at the woman like whips.  Loosing more wires, Renee flipped through the air, right over Marauder's head and landed on the other side of her, instantly letting more wires strike the woman, surging through the air with astonishing speed.  Retrieving the wires, Renee remained crouched low to the ground, ready to spring at any moment.

Didn't think I'd be so into this, but if she's threatening to mow us all down, what else can we do?  Masq has answers and there's no telling if this woman can be trusted, Renee thought despairingly, a part of her mind missing the simplicity of the hunts back in the jungle around Lanaya.  She also found herself missing Nona.  The young girl would scold her for how harsh she had been.  Oh how she had been much more carefree back in the village.  She supposed the cynical and skeptical side of her had always been present, but it hadn't been needed until this jackass stranger showed up.  Her eyes shot towards Masq who was referring to them as his harem.

In his goddamn dreams...

Renee uses Canopy Glide! [Moves to C8][Next attack deals 10% more damage]

Last edited by Masquerade on Sat Nov 16, 2013 8:24 pm; edited 1 time in total
Masquerade
Masquerade
Eternal Dreamer
Eternal Dreamer

Back to top Go down

Post by Silver Thu Nov 07, 2013 8:38 pm

Luca uses Preparation on herself! Bestows Bravery!
MP: 22/30

Luca glanced at Masq briefly, running her hand across her blade as she had done previously. The harem comment certainly was new. I don't believe Renee or anyone else will take too kindly to that... she mused internally, swinging her blade through the air for practice. Her eyes met the blade as it finished slicing air, smiling a moment later in satisfaction. Her minor charm had worked––now it would be time to close in.

Luca moves to C4!
Silver
Silver
Prince of Dreams
Prince of Dreams

Back to top Go down

Post by Kurio Sun Nov 10, 2013 8:30 pm

Katyusha moves to cell G-5

The woman seemed to be entirely ignoring the rest of the group, or just dismissing them to be little to no threat. Either way she was focusing most of her attention onto Masq, what with her pistols still being pointed at the man and all. Perhaps this woman would reconsider their worth after this battle. Still, she didn't want to draw the woman's attention away from Masq. If her focus were on him then there must be a good reason why she deemed him as the highest priority target, not to mention she still had no idea what exactly those pistols were. Better to have Masq take those first hits to see what they did. She moved up and stopped just within firing range and rather than calling down a barrage of missiles she merely fired from her pistols.

Katyusha attacks Marauder. 8 INT Dmg per hit, 2 hits
Kurio
Kurio

Back to top Go down

Post by Zerifachias Sat Nov 16, 2013 1:54 pm

Karin moves to F-6

Here she was. Right in front of them. Just...waiting. Waiting for them to make a move? That seemed like a bad idea to Karin. Why wait for the enemy to strike first, unless you have some sort of backup? This woman had none. Was she really an intelligent being? Smart enough to program a code to make normally peaceful machines into dedicated killer bots? Karin felt disappointed.

Still, with the woman's obsessive focus on Masquerade, Karin felt it would be best to offer him her protection. Although his comment about a harem confused her to the point where she almost didn't do anything. What was all this talk about jealousy and a harem, anyway? Karin thought they were only traveling together for each of them to discover something. Each of them had a goal, though Karin didn't much care about any other than her own.

Karin broke her train of thought, making her thoughts disappear entirely as she programmed a protection code in her codex, grabbed the disk, and threw it. The disk flew a short distance until it attached to Masquerade's back, where it generated a light, green shield. The disk then detached itself and zoomed back to where Karin's arm was.

Karin uses Guard Codex: Firewall on Masquerade! Grants Protect!

Zerifachias
Zerifachias
Totes-Mcgoats
Totes-Mcgoats

Back to top Go down

Post by Gist Sat Nov 16, 2013 2:18 pm

Thage felt the pregnant pause between herself and the woman. She knew that there had to be some connection; the signs were everywhere. What if this woman was in fact kin to her. Maybe she knew where in the world Francine had disappeared to in all this mess. She knew that this was no ordinary encounter. She knew that there was information to be gathered from... her mother? She gulped and opened her tome.

There seemed to now be the faint ghost of a letter within the first page, though it could have easily been a mirage. Thage overlooked this with a flourish as she flipped to the familiar page. Not knowing exactly what else to do, she suppressed her pleasure and felt the mist take her this time. It wasn't very pleasant, as it felt like she was being squeezed in all the places she didn't want to be squeezed. Then, just as suddenly as it began, she felt the feeling disappear entirely. She appeared a ways away from the forming fray, looking on with a forlorn gaze at the mysterious woman.

[Thage uses Juxtaposition! [MP: 30/40]
Thage Warps to B1!
Thage's R-Ability activates!
Thage does not have to pay the additional cost! [HP: 47/50]
Thage waits...]
Gist
Gist
Full Eight Hours
Full Eight Hours

Back to top Go down

Post by Masquerade Sat Nov 16, 2013 9:17 pm

Marauder takes 6 Dmg!

HP: 269/275

R-Ability Enigma Shift activates! [User DEF and SPR are switched]

Marauder takes 11 Dmg!

HP: 258/275

{T} { } { } { } { } { } { } { } { } B
{ } { } { } {L} {M} { } { } {R} { } C
{ } { } { } { } {M} { } { } { } { } E
{ } { } { } { } { } {K} { } { } { } F
{ } { } { } { } {A} { } { } { } { } G
{ } { } { } { } { } { } { } { } { } H

Renee's Haste has 2 turns left.

Luca's Bravery has 3 turns.

Masq's Protect has 3 turns.

Enemy Phase.

The woman's solitary violet eye honed in on Thage instantly.  What was this nonsense about being a mother?  "I hate to burst your bubble, but I've never had kids.  My job comes first," she stated fiercely, keeping her eye moving about the battlefield for the others were starting to launch their assaults.  Marauder tried to dodge the hits that came towards her, but to no avail, granted they didn't do too terribly much to her.  Brushing off her coat, she glared at her opposition.  Apparently they were going to make this much harder than it had to be which was a shame.  They would have been able to escape unscathed, but not anymore.  Rolling along the ground, she wound up in a kneeling position near the wire girl.  "I shouldn't have to elaborate; this man is a monster.  And it's my job to make sure he never harms anyone again," she stated with such simplicity as if it should be obvious that Masq had performed dark acts of some sort.  Raising her guns she fired a bullet from each one at Masq with hopes of effectively debilitating him.  As it stood, he was the major threat.  Not to mention...to even think that he would entertain the fact that she was jealous...

Marauder moves to D8.

Marauder attacks Masq!  2 hits!  9 Dmg per hit! (ATK) [Masq evades Slow][Masq is Aggrieved]

"Stop entertaining notions that I still feel something towards you, Masquerade," Marauder said coldly towards the man she had just shot, hoping that the bullets that were now lodged in his chest would add emphasis to the truth of her statement.  "If these are the kinds of women you wish to traipse around with, then by all means you can all have a wonderful time together in prison."

{T} { } { } { } { } { } { } { } { } B
{ } { } { } {L} { } { } { } {R} { } C
{ } { } { } { } { } { } { } {M} { } D
{ } { } { } { } {M} { } { } { } { } E
{ } { } { } { } { } {K} { } { } { } F
{ } { } { } { } {A} { } { } { } { } G
{ } { } { } { } { } { } { } { } { } H

Player Phase 2!

Masq (Mysterious Stranger) *PROTECT* *AGGRIEVE*
HP: 36/40

Renee (Huntress) *HASTE*
Evade: 5%

Luca (Adventurer) *BRAVERY*
MP: 22/30
Atk: 8 --- 12
Evade: 10%
Move: 5 cells

Karin (Computation Engineer)
Atk: 4
Int: 4

Katyusha (Gunslinger)
HP: 25/25
Int: 8

Thage (Arcane Mistress)
HP: 47/50
MP: 33/40
Def: 2
Int: 5
Move: 2 cells

HP: 258/275
Def: 7

{X} - City Gates
[No Occupy]

{w} - City Walls
[No Occupy]

"Oh yeah.  You're so jealous."

Masq moves to E8.

Still grinning cockily, Masq dashed towards the woman and slashed at her with his blade with no hesitation.  After all, she did just shoot at him.  He figured that she wouldn't stop until he was riddled with bullet holes, so the only option left was to stop her before she stopped him...permanently.  He growled a bit as she mentioned "prison", and he hoped that that would fly over everyone's heads.  If she mentioned too much, his cover would be blown.  "How about focusing on the fight, baby doll?  Just because we haven't sparred in a while doesn't mean I'm rusty.  Last time we scuffled, if memory serves well, I won.  A close call, too.  Oh how it would have been great to end you right there and then, but then I wouldn't get to see your beautiful face again," Masq crooned, even going as far to stroke Marauder's cheek with a single finger as if he had nothing in the world to fear or lose.

Masq attacks Marauder!  8 Dmg! (ATK) [Chance of Sleep]

"It's cute how hard you try to end me, and yet here I am still alive," he tacked on, readying his blade for another attack, but there was a huge chance at the gunslinger wasn't about to just stand there and wait for it.  Hopefully his words would get her mind reeling, but she had always been a cold, calm, and calculating individual.  She knew what was important and was in complete control of herself.  He prayed that maybe this time she would falter.

Renee uses Canopy Glide! [Moves to C6][Next attack deals 10% more damage]

The interactions between Masq and Marauder were starting to make Renee sick, and she really didn't appreciate how blatantly this woman just rolled over to her as if she wasn't a threat in the least bit.  The huntress was just going to have to prove otherwise.  Launching her wire, she watched it embed in the gate and soared a short distances, ripping it out and lashing at the gunner once more.  Hurling some more wire at the wall, she swept across the road, landing behind Marauder and lashing out at her back, though her previous attacks had just been brushed off.  She wondered if it would make any sort of impact this time.

Renee uses Canopy Glide! [Moves to B9][Next attack deals 10% more damage]

Crouching low to the ground and holding her wire tightly, she admitted that she was curious about the mention of prison.  Was...was Masq a criminal or something?  God, that wouldn't be surprising at all, Renee thought, letting out an exasperated sigh.  So they were consorting with a supposed fugitive maybe?  She wondered if anyone else would come to the same conclusion...or if it would even matter.  They all seemed to be pretty intent to follow Masq to the edge of the world and farther.  Time would have to tell.

Last edited by Masquerade on Thu Nov 21, 2013 1:53 pm; edited 1 time in total
Masquerade
Masquerade
Eternal Dreamer
Eternal Dreamer

Back to top Go down

Post by Gist Sat Nov 16, 2013 10:08 pm

Thage felt the disappointment surge through her like a floodgate opening great and wide. She was certain that the woman had a connection to her, but if not a mother, the who? What exactly did she really have in mind? Was this strange woman trying to play mind games with her? Was she trying to psyche her out of her goal? Beginning to feel the shards of doubt within her soul, she began to traverse back to where she had began. She knew that there was something more to that woman than a mere acquaintanceship; there was surely something!

Thage turned towards the woman once again, attempting to plead to her. If that woman had something to do with her sister's disappearance, certainly she knew something about it. "Marauder, please... Do you know of my sister, Francine?" She knew that asking her would be a long shot, but she just had to start working on this now. Maybe this person who seemed to be of the same Chaos that Masq was could really know the answer to her problem and she would finally be free of these eternal bonds and finally be reunited with her sister.

Thage raised the book and opened it to a sly page and began to mutter nonsense to herself. She just wanted retribution for the crime she had committed. She should never have let her sister go. She should have been taken instead. It was all her fault. It was all her fault. It was all her fault. "Francine... Please forgive me... It should have been me that they had taken... I wish I could have taken your place..." She slit her wrist upon the edge of the thick page; a deep, red cut that began to drip within the book. Instead of making the book stained, however, it was as if nothing had happened at all. She felt the wound began to heal just as quickly as it had been incurred. She would not be released from her bonds until her sister was found.

Thage would die trying if she had to.

[Thage moves to D1~
Thage uses Adsorption on Thage! [MP: 28/40
Thage chooses the number 43!
Thage takes 43 Piercing INT damage! [HP: 4/50]
Thage is healed for 43 HP! [HP: 47/50]
Thage's R-Ability activates!
Thage does not have to pay the additional cost! [HP: 44/50]
Thage's S-Ability activates!
Thage gains 6 MP! [MP: 34/40]
Thage waits...]
Gist
Gist
Full Eight Hours
Full Eight Hours

Back to top Go down

Post by Kurio Sat Nov 16, 2013 11:07 pm

Katyusha moves to cell G-8

A monster she says. The strange man named Masquerade was a monster. It wasn't too far a stretch of the imagination, considering what the man has shown to be capable of doing. He was able to put a mechanical construct to sleep, and that seemed to be a fairly sound argument for this Marauder. Now she had even more questions for the woman. But she couldn't stop to ask her now, they were on a battlefield and one does not negotiate with the enemy in the middle of a battlefield. She doubted the woman would want to answer her questions anyway, she had already opened fire on her, maybe it was possible to have asked before her gunshots went off but now she'd have to finish her off. Her questions about the guns, about Masquerade, and about the Marauder herself, can wait for later.

Katyusha attacks Marauder. 8 INT Dmg per hit, 2 hits
Kurio
Kurio

Back to top Go down

Post by Sponsored content

Sponsored content

Back to top Go down

Page 4 of 8 Previous  1, 2, 3, 4, 5, 6, 7, 8  Next