Eternal Dream
Would you like to react to this message? Create an account in a few clicks or log in to continue.

Heritage

3 posters

Page 7 of 14 Previous  1 ... 6, 7, 8 ... 10 ... 14  Next

Go down

Heritage - Page 7 Empty Re: Heritage

Post by Vergil Sun Feb 05, 2017 12:34 am

{Daniel}

When Daniel and Ryang were secure in the chopper, the door slid shut and the aircraft took off. Back on the building of Glotech, Caleb faced off against Mishka and Freya. "So..." Caleb began. "Just who are the two of you? What, or rather how, do you know of our so-called dealings?"

"We didn't come here to talk to you," Freya snapped, growing tenser from the otherworldly aura.

"Is that so? And after I so willingly told you what I was? After I even took time out of my day to notarize your visitor passes? Of all the ungrateful - I am hurt, honestly hurt. I thought we were on the fast track of becoming friends. Pity. I was looking so forward to giving the both of you a tour of Glotech and showing you... whatever it is they do here. Afterwards, I would have invited you back to my home for dinner and well... have you for dinner. Ah, but obligations to my superiors dictate that I take care of business before pleasure. Shall we, then?"

"Whatever. I'm just sick of hearing you talk already."

Freya cracked her whip and flicked it at Caleb, who caught the end in his hand.

"A whip? You would use a whip to combat a vampire?" Caleb mused, keeping a tight grip on Freya's weapon while she struggled to pull it free from Caleb's grasp. "Come to think of it, this does seem rather familiar."

Mishka charged full speed at the vampire and swung his paw straight for Caleb's face. Before Mishka could even make contact, Caleb's entire form dissolved, and in his place was a colony of bats that swarmed about and bit at the Beastfolke. The bats would then converge onto a single spot, and Caleb stood before them once more.

"How do you expect defeat me, if you can't even lay a single finger on me?" the vampire taunted. Freya attempted to lash her whip again, while Caleb deftly stepped to the side and avoided its sting. "My turn," Caleb announced, removing his white gloves and dropping them to the floor. His nails extended into a longer, sharper shape and swiped at Freya. His nails raked across her arm, causing her to scream in pain as her blood was now spilling. Caleb licked his fingers and smacked his lips, taking delight in his first taste. "A splendid appetizer."

Mishka flailed his paws ferociously at Caleb, all the while the vampire continued to toy with him by dodging out of the way with prepared reflexes. Mishka was no longer trying to harm the vampire - he had something else in mind now.

"Little Freya. You must run. Mishka will allow escape."

"Mishka, you can't be serious!"

"Go, little one. Do not worry for Mishka. Mishka will stay strong for Freya. Always."

"But..."

"Freya is not ready yet. But Freya will be. Someday. Freya must run to where Mishka told you in case of bad time. Freya will understand. Go. Now."

The woman knew there was no point in arguing. They couldn't fight Caleb. They didn't prepare for someone like him. Mishka was now covering for Freya's escape and now she had to flee. Freya clutched her wounded arm and hurried to the stairwell. Caleb did not give chase. From the look of his grinning face, it did not appear as though he would have given chase even if Mishka were not attempting to occupy him.

"And so it appears that I must wait for my main course," Caleb said. "All the better. For now, it looks like it's just the two of us, my Beastfolke friend."

"You are not friend of Mishka," Mishka growled. "You are bad man."

"You think so? Quite unfair you think so ill of me when I am but a man defending myself. And I tried so hard to be an accommodating host, humoring your oh-so-amusing attempts to strike me. Oh well."

Meanwhile back on the helicopter, Ryang saw Daniel in a state of distress and did her best to comfort him. She placed a hand on his shoulder and gently rubbed his back. "It's okay, you're safe now," she told him. "I don't know why they want to hurt you, but they won't be bothering you now. Also, you look a little pale. If you get motion sickness and need to throw up, there's a bag underneath the seat... and I would very much appreciate it if you could avoid getting any of it on me. Anyway, it's best just to forget about what happened now. After all you have a big promotion to look forward to. Mr. Halkius is just eager to meet you."

The chopper flew past to the end of the Corporate Plaza, to the edge where it bordered with the Qulver District of Winddrift City. The seaside villa homes of Green Haven scattered upon a chain of remote isles, along with the vacation houses settled directly onto Rungrick Beach which stretched a formidable distance. Many residents and tourists alike were seen below, enjoying time in the sand and sea. Between the beach and the Corporate Plaza, was a building belonging to a company that was virtually a household name.

Duple Corp. One of its facilities of steel and concrete stood, a monument that dwarfed every building in its vicinity. The pilot would finally land at the destination, and Ryang would help Daniel into the building, allowing him to take hold of her arm. The two would come into a linoleum hallway, where the floors reflected a lustrous sheen to indicate that the place was well-kept. It was almost spotless - the only thing out of place was a granola bar wrapper carelessly left on the floor with the crumbs spilling about. Ryang rolled her eyes upon seeing the trash. "Really, Cornelius?" she scoffed. They passed several small doors with exquisite craftsmanship and design, all the way up to an even larger pair of double doors made in the same style. When Daniel decided he was ready, Ryang would open the doors for him.

Beyond the doors revealed a sort of meeting room - much like Glotech's, only larger and Sam probably didn't come here to piss on the floor when nobody was around. Many expensive chairs like the one Caleb had were lined around a single exquisite table, which had detailed, embellished designs laid bare in its fretwork. At the very end of the table sat a man who was no stranger to the public. The famous Lionel Halkius, a man considered a visionary by many. At a simple glance, he was a simple man, nothing too untypical about him. His blonde hair was orderly, and parted. He dressed in all black business attire, only allowing his sport jacket to hang casually on his shoulders. Halkius had a very welcoming smile; a much warmer one than Caleb could manage.

"Mr. Halkius. I have brought Daniel, just as I told you I would," Ryang announced.

The president of the company rose from his seat to approach Daniel, reaching out for a handshake. "I am so glad you could join me here today, Mr. Reisa," he spoke in a gentle, honeyed voice. "It is with great pleasure that I welcome you among the other chosen to join our esteemed family. Ryang, you may leave us now."

"Mr. Halkius, before I excuse myself it is my duty to inform you that when I went to retrieve Daniel, there were two people that made an attempt on his life. There was a woman, and a Beastfolke. They may have something to do with the incident at Rexford."

"I see. Thank you for bringing me this information, Ryang. I will take the proper precautions necessary to protect our new member. You may go." Ryang bowed and took her exit of the room, leaving the two with their privacy. "You already know who I am, don't you?" Halkius continued. "I should hope so. I have brought you here before me today to offer you a chance to make history. Call me an ambitious man, but I founded Duple Corp to seek to change the world for the better... and I want to allow you to be part of something greater. We will strive to bring a better life for the people, and I assure you that while you are with us, you will be properly compensated. However. I do not wish to bring you into something that you do not wish to be a part of, so I shall only give you my official welcome to the company and its benefits at your consent."

He reached down and opened a compartment that was installed into the room's table, revealing a stack of papers. Halkius grabbed the first copy from the stack, clicked a pen, and handed both to Daniel. "This is the contract you will need to sign should you wish to join Duple Corp. The text on it is mainly the same basic guidelines and whatnot, written by our lawyers to ensure the legality of your employment. If you choose to sign it, everything will be finalized and made official. You will be meeting the others handpicked to be a part of my vision, and a new life - a new experience shall await you. Or... if you so wish, you can opt not to accept your promotion and return to your life as is. You can return to work at Glotech, though I will warn you that Glotech... won't be remaining for very much longer. Duple Corp will be liquidating Glotech and all its assets very soon. If you choose not to sign the contract - as you reserve the right to, I cannot ensure your status of employment and I will be saddened as I can do nothing but wish you the best of luck on your future endeavors. The choice is literally now in your hands, Daniel. I do hope that you will make the right one."
---

{Sariska}

"Cut!" Charger yelled from his chair. "Alright, that's a wrap for today people. Good work, good work all. Now fuck off my set and bring in the next group of actors." The director hopped off his seat and patted Sariska on the shoulder. "Fine work like last time, kid. You're about to be on a hot streak. Yeah, a hot streak. Once this hits the screen, Winddrift - no the country is gonna be blowin' up with your name. You're gettin' only four hundred this time. I get that you're good, kid, but I don't need you comin' in here doin' my job. Step on too many toes and you eventually get the boot. I get that you're the star, and this is your moment, but keep in mind who's producing the dream here. Other than that, keep doin' what yer doin'. That's all. Wirin' the money in three, two, one, there. If next shooting goes off without a hitch, I'll bump ya back up. Just remember that steppin' outta line can be the difference between pay dirt and "brokesville." Now, g'outtahere, I'll call you when we're ready for the next one."

Aurora and Alicia looked on as Sariska made her way to them. She asked if they made any progress on the situation and Aurora and Alicia both had an idea. "We're all aware that the police department has say of what goes on right now," Aurora started.

"Yeahhh... and where we're going with this is... your boyfriend's a cop, right? The one we saw last night? Well, we were wondering if you could like... maybe call him and ask him to get Sicily out of there?"

"Preferably, I was going to suggest that you could ask Eric to ask his supervisor to help us in his stead. She seems she would be much more capable and effective in getting through."

"Oh yeah! The mean lady cop! Yeah, I bet none of the other cops are really gonna stop her if she's the one getting Sicily! Yeah! We should get Star's boyfriend to ask her!"

"I do hope having him ask won't result in having him verbally disciplined again, or worse. Do we really want to involve him again, if it could get him into trouble?"

"Well I mean... if he really loves Star, he'll take that risk anyway... right? I mean, two birds, one stone! We get help in getting Sicily back! And Star finds out if her boyfriend's a keeper!"

They both turned to Sariska.

"So you'll do it, right?"
Vergil
Vergil
Void Sleeper
Void Sleeper

Back to top Go down

Post by Zerifachias Sun Feb 05, 2017 6:15 am

"Of course, Mr. Rivelotto," Sariska said. Every producer was different. "Old habits from working under other directors. It was often difficult for others to be put into gear, so I took initiative and helped straightened people out. Won't happen again." Probably. The paycut hurt, but it wasn't a concern.

Irene sniffed at her. "That's one less star breathing down our backs."

Sariska gave the actress a big smile. "Oh, Irene, come to join in on the conversation? I didn't know you fancied me so. All you had to do was ask, you know." Irene's face went red and she stormed off after that one.

Then with Aurora and Alicia, they got into it really quickly. Sariska almost felt like applying her hand to her face again out of embarrassment alone. So they wanted her to call Eric so he could talk to Gabriela and convince her to rescue Sicily? "I can try, I suppose," Sariska said. She quickly dialed Eric's number and waited for the line to connect. "Hey hon," she started. "You busy or did I catch you at a good time? I need a favor. A big one."
Zerifachias
Zerifachias
Totes-Mcgoats
Totes-Mcgoats

Back to top Go down

Post by Gist Sun Feb 05, 2017 10:35 am

Daniel had started trembling from just how much fear Caleb and Mishka put him in. Even Freya's change in demeanor was shocking to him. He didn't know when it started, but it had gotten pretty bad while he was inside the cabin. Shortly after takeoff, he felt Ryang's hand on his shoulder, then it moved to his back as she tried to calm him down. Daniel tensed up at first, but he slowly began to relax as Ryang rubbed his back. He felt relaxed and more and more like himself again as they got farther away from Caleb, but it felt like there was still a piece of him that was missing that he left behind on the rooftop.

He felt drained, even though that probably wasn't physically true. In the span of twenty minutes, his whole life had just taken a huge U-turn, and Daniel was being swept away in the torrent that opening the floodgates had created. As much as he thought this would all be pretty neat at the beginning, as things stood now, Daniel couldn't necessarily see things that way anymore. All senses of control were completely gone, and Daniel was at the mercy of his new employer. "Right... I'll try not to be sick." was all Daniel managed to muster through his and lack of energy. He was really tired. If he had any choice in the matter, he'd be back in bed to sleep off this horrible excuse of a day... Then again, he had met Ryang today, and she seemed really sweet when work wasn't the subject. The day wasn't all bad, then.

After a few minutes, the two flew over a flourishing beach section of the city. People dotted the beachline, the water sparkled in the morning sunlight, and it all looked like a pleasant environment to have a pleasant time after retirement. Is that what the Qulver District looks like? I haven't had any business to be there either, so I never made a reason to go visit. It looks nice... This could've been something I worked towards... but probably not now... not anymore. A twinge of sadness and regret tugged at Daniel's heart, but they were quickly drowned out by his sheer fatigue.

With a few more minutes, the two approached a very imposing building that looked kind of out of place in the midst of the sea and sunshine. This was where the president of Duple Corp was apparently located; probably one of the most influential people that Daniel could think of. His reputation would probably precede him by miles. He didn't know what he would think; he had never imagined that he'd get to meet such a figure in person. If he weren't so tired, he'd probably be as initially excited as he was when Ryang first mentioned the prospect to him. Now it just seemed like yet another spice added to an overloaded dish beyond recovery.

They landed on the building's helipad and Ryang exited the cabin, offering her arm to hold, probably for support. Like when she had gently nudged Daniel back to the helicopter cabin before they left Glotech, he felt protected... which was weird, but also nice. Daniel couldn't help but blush as he stepped out of the cabin and took Ryang's arm. He shouldn't have been so weak, but he was appreciative that Ryang was as accommodating as she was, all things considered.

The two of them made it into the building, where Daniel was no less impressed by the near stainless interior. It was like he was back in the Yisten District, with everything being nicer than anything he would probably ever have. "Wow... This place is nicer than I imagined..." Daniel muttered, taking in everything as much as he could. The only mar on the flawless surface was a small bit of trash that Daniel would have normally dismissed, but it seemed really out of place in an environment as well-kept as this. Ryang mentioned a Cornelius, probably the person who put the trash on the floor. Cornelius... Probably a guy I'll be working with. Hope he's not like Sam is...

After a stretch of time, and passing through a series of artisan-crafted doors that probably cost more than 6 months' rent if Daniel were being gracious, and they reached a final set of doors that somehow looked more imposing than the rest they passed through. Ryang let go of Daniel and moved to the doors, ready to open them for him. Daniel was feeling considerably better than when he was directly near Caleb, though definitely not great, so after Daniel straightened up, he nodded to Ryang to indicate he was ready for whatever was behind these doors. "Thanks for the help in here. I appreciate it." Daniel said softly, not wanting anyone else to hear him if he could help it.

Ryang opened the doors to reveal what was most likely the nicest meeting room Daniel had ever laid eyes on. Then again, Duple Corp was basically the symbol of money in Winddrift, so this kind of extravagance was probably not out of the ordinary. It was just a bit intimidating to be in considering Daniel's history of having less money than the average Joe out there. He had to work hard until very recently for the money he made. Daniel followed Ryang into the impressive room as she introduced Daniel to Lionel Halkius himself at the end of the large table. Lionel rose from his seat and approached Daniel, though it took a bit due to the length of the table. Daniel was still intimidated by how much higher this man was in the social ladder than he was, but when Lionel exchanged pleasantries, Daniel obliged, accepting the offered handshake. "Pleasure to meet you, Mr. Halkius. I hope I'm worth all the trouble you went through to collect me."

Lionel ... Halkius dismissed Ryang, but she informed Halkius about Freya and Mishka coming to kill him after he refused to go with their side. Daniel's eyes widened and he slightly trembled as he remembered that terrible scene; he had never seen a Beastfolke become the animal they resembled before. He looked after Ryang as she bowed and was leaving to make her exit. What had happened was a truly terrifying sight, and losing the only comforting face that he wasn't completely intimidated by was not something he wanted to happen. Daniel didn't want Ryang to exit, but she did, and Daniel was snapped out of his trauma with the door shutting behind her. Halkius asked Daniel if he knew who he was. "I do, sir. Ryang introduced you as the president of Duple Corporation. I had never imagined I would get to meet you in person, let alone work with you." His tone was hollow; he tried to be bright and cheery, but he couldn't muster the strength.

Daniel listened as Halkius explained his vision for what Daniel's goals should be within his new position, whatever that might be, at the company. However, when Halkius mentioned that he would require another bout of consent before things got started proper, Daniel frowned. He had already made his choice, hadn't he? That's what Freya said, that's what Ryang had implied, that was the difference between him running away from everything and trying to face it head-on. This seemed strange, but Halkius did not personally view the encounter, so how could he know? He didn't immediately protest, and instead waited to see what Halkius meant by what he said. The president leaned down and pulled out a small stack of papers, which he explained was a contract detailing terms of his new employment.

Daniel was given the short stack of pages and a pen with which to sign them, if he were to choose to sign them. But, was there really a choice? He had already decided on his course of action, and it nearly cost him his life. Also, he thought that he was already apart of Duple Corp. through the company's acquisition of Glotech, though it was most likely in name only. Daniel leafed through the contract reading through the standard legal jargon, nothing was out of the ordinary. Halkius explained what would happen after he signed the contract... until he didn't. He then elaborated on how Daniel could return to how things were, how they used to be.

Fear flashed through Daniel's eyes as he remembered everything that happened on Glotech's rooftop. Even though it had all happened a while ago at this point, Daniel couldn't push the all-encompassing fear from his mind. He had seen things of likes that he had never before... and he would rather that never happen again. Besides, everything seemed like it was all irrevocable anyway, with Glotech being liquidated regardless of his choice here. Those two ruined my life and everything I had worked so hard for. He's offering me a new one... I'd be a fool not to take up his offer.

"If you choose not to sign the contract-"

Driven by fear of what might happen to him if he were to leave Halkius' protection, Daniel flipped to the final page of the contract where his signature and the date needed to be written. Pen already in hand, he signed the document and dated it. His mind had already been made up before he set foot in this building. It was alright to ask "Are you sure?", but damn if it weren't an annoying dialog box. As he was signing his confirmation, Halkius continued explaining the downsides of choosing to decline his offer, and offering him a nonexistent choice. It was clear to Daniel what he should do, and he knew that. There were not many things, if anything at all, that could change his mind at this point, after everything he had just seen.

Panic lighting his eyes, Daniel offered the signed contract and the closed pen to the president, giving him an unwavering stare directly in the eye. "With all due respect, sir," Daniel started, with possibly the most emotion his voice contained since he had entered the building, "I made my choice when I decided to come here with Ryang. Ever since that night a few days ago, things have been blown out of proportion, so much so that I doubt anything could ever be the same. From Glotech's sudden acquisition to that strange crash site at Rexford Crossing, not to mention Mr. Ambrose..." Daniel shuddered at the thought of the man... the vampire, as he called himself (that couldn't be real, right?), "my life as just another denizen of Winddrift City would most likely have ended anyway, even if I hadn't made the choice I did. So, I would be happy to do whatever I can to help you realize your vision, if you'll have me."

>Accept the promotion.
Gist
Gist
Full Eight Hours
Full Eight Hours

Back to top Go down

Post by Vergil Mon Feb 06, 2017 4:50 pm

{Daniel}

Halkius made a face of sorts whenever Daniel referred to him as "Mr." and "sir." He took the contract back when Daniel had finished signing, checking to see that everything was in order. "There's no need to be so formal with me, Daniel," Halkius said. "I like to think of all my employees as family, and it isn't very customary to refer to family with such titles. Lionel or Halkius is just fine. Though I do wish Ryang would break the habit - she's fairly new as well, so I hope in time the both of you will warm up to me and the rest of us." He set the contract back into the table's compartment and went on.

"Now that you are officially part of the Duple Corp family, I can now comfortably divulge to you all our current operations and our company secrets... and I can trust you to keep a reasonable level of confidentiality to yourself. As a first order of business, it is my duty to brief you on your responsibilities as well as discuss your relocation in accordance to new living arrangements. You, Daniel Reisa, will be a part of a team and assist with our company's research and development department. Your jobs may vary from taking notes and conducting experiments in our lab areas, or performing field research and collecting samples and data on behalf of the company. Fear not if you feel as though this is beyond your field of expertise - most of the time you will only be asked to observe. Referring back to the attempt made on your life, I must regrettably inform you that this isn't the first time such a sleight has happened against our company. Duple Corp is a business, and like many businesses, we have our competitors. There are many that have gone to such great lengths to ruin my work; whether it be stealing property or slandering my name. It has come to no surprise that they would eventually stoop so low as to attempt assassination on one of my own."

"In response, my company has developed programs and technologies available only to our employees to ensure safety and protection. As part of your contract, you will be trained and equipped to combat any further efforts by anyone that wishes to bring harm to you or my company. While we are preparing the process of engaging you in your responsibilities, you will be assigned to live with Caleb Ambrose in his estate for the meantime. Caleb has proven to make quite the capable bodyguard, and I'm sure he will not let you out of his sight."

"For today, I will simply introduce you to the rest of the team and Caleb will arrive to pick you up after our business for today is concluded. Ryang has called the rest of the members and they will arrive for you to meet them shortly. Do you have any questions for me in the meantime?"
---

{Sariska}

After a few rings, Eric picked up the phone to respond to Sariska. "Howdy, Star, fancy hearin' ya in the mornin'. I'm at the station right now, and Sarge has got me pinned with all this paperwork regardin' last night's fiasco an' the situation at Hastel that's gone faster than a knifefight in a phonebooth. But you know ol' Eric will always make time fer ya. Whaddya need, Star?"

Alicia flashed a double thumbs-up gesture at Sariska.
Vergil
Vergil
Void Sleeper
Void Sleeper

Back to top Go down

Post by Zerifachias Mon Feb 06, 2017 5:15 pm

Sariska felt her face growing hot when Eric talked. She glanced to Alicia for a moment, starting to feel a little pressured Whatever it was, when she spoke with Eric her head would start doing gymnastic exercises. "I, um." Alicia gave her her thumbs. Sariska pulled away from her phone a bit. "Can you like, not stare at me please? Sorry, Eric. It's actually about a friend of mine. She lives in Hastel and I'm worried about her. She might have gotten caught up in the violence last night or somehow gotten hurt - she isn't responding to texts or calls. Her name's Sicily Ambrose. I figured if anyone could help us, it'd be the police, so I called you...I hope you don't think I'm using you, I'm not... I promise I'll repay you for this. Can you help us?"

Sariska could only imagine what Chloe would be saying to her right now. The thought alone made her face go redder.
Zerifachias
Zerifachias
Totes-Mcgoats
Totes-Mcgoats

Back to top Go down

Post by Gist Tue Feb 07, 2017 1:09 pm

Daniel listened as Lionel explained his new responsibilities, but not after first getting after him about being so stiff. In Daniel's experience, it was usually a good thing to try and be as professional as possible whenever he felt it was appropriate, and with someone like Lionel, would that not be all the time? Daniel looked away from the president as he spoke, "Forgive me, Lionel... It's just that I'm not normally used to addressing my superiors so casually. It feels odd, is all." He turned back and listened to what exactly he would be doing now that he was located at Duple Corp proper rather than a subsidiary. Hopefully it wouldn't be something too out of left field, but, as long as he was getting paid and he had an instruction manual, no?

Lionel mentioned that he would need to make sure that he kept quiet about more sensitive things that were to be discussed. He nodded in agreement; this was just standard nondisclosure protocol, he knew what to do. The president then explained that he would be moving from quality assurance to research and development. The shift struck Daniel as odd; he hadn't studied science all that much in college, nor was he the greatest engineer. Why would he want to put someone this inexperienced in the field into as important of a department as this could be to the company? Daniel didn't want to question Lionel's judgment; maybe he had a plan for all of this, some ulterior motive that he just couldn't see yet. Maybe he would explain why in a bit.

Lionel went through the responsibilities that came through being in the R&D department, and from what Daniel could tell, it didn't seem all that bad. In fact, it seemed miles better than what he had recently been doing at Glotech (but what wouldn't?). His biggest concern was his lack of experience in this field of work... but the president already had an answer for that before Daniel could ask. Well, if Lionel believed that Daniel was capable of this kind of thing, then what place did he have to argue against it?

Then, perhaps too soon, Lionel mentioned the threat made to Daniel's life. Daniel was triggered, the still-fresh memories racing back, but somehow he managed to not make an outburst. He made do with tightly gripping the chair to his right. And, this apparently wasn't the first time this kind of thing had happened to someone that worked under Lionel. The red flags that had originally dropped in Daniel's head when he had thought about going with Ryang were rising again, but he shut them down. After all, what good would rocking the boat do at this point. Ryang promised that he would be safe with her, and if she brought him here, then he'd be safe here as well. There wasn't a need for him to worry anymore. He was fine.

Lionel mentioned training as a part of the contract he signed. Daniel tried to recall where that was, but there wasn't anything that came to mind. Not that this mattered, either, since he had already agreed to it. He was just slightly curious about what kind of training that Lionel meant. Martial arts? That kind of self-defense thing was nice to have, but against a raging Beastfolke? Probably wouldn't do him too much good, sadly. The last thing that the president mentioned was that he would be temporarily living with Caleb until further arrangements could be made. Daniel's eyes shot wide open. Living... with Caleb?! Anyone but Caleb, dear God... He thought that he had left Caleb behind at Glotech, never to see him again... but apparently he couldn't be more wrong.

The time for questions came, but all Daniel could manage was a "Not yet, thank you, though." He didn't physically feel as bad as when he was with Caleb, but the anticipation was just about as bad. It practically drowned out any nervousness that he might have had about meeting the other members of the R&D team. Maybe... this wasn't a good idea after all. Too late now!
Gist
Gist
Full Eight Hours
Full Eight Hours

Back to top Go down

Post by Vergil Tue Feb 07, 2017 7:03 pm

{Daniel}

"Well, that's just the thing," Halkius said when Daniel went on about formalities. "You're a part of the family now, and I'd prefer it if you didn't see anyone here as a 'superior.' I'd like to think everyone here on equal footing." Daniel didn't have any questions so far regarding all the information that he had been presented, and Halkius nodded as he proceeded. A small, technological chip-like device was on the lapel of Halkius' shirt. It began to blink, and Halkius pressed it. Ryang's voice was then heard through the device.

"I have gathered the others."

Halkius continued to hold onto the communication device as he responded to Ryang.

"Good. Send them in."

Music: The Assembly
Spoiler:

The double doors opened wide as Ryang came through, followed by a group of four other individuals. They lined up before Halkius, waiting for him to address them. "Daniel," Halkius began. "Allow me to introduce to you the other members of our esteemed family. I hope you will get along with everyone, for you will be working together quite often." Halkius marched, holding his hands behind his back.

"You already know Ryang, of course," he said, moving down the line. After Ryang was a large Beastfolke - one that looked to have a much unfriendlier temperament than Mishka. His fur was gray and his claws showed at all times; he eyed Daniel with a judgmental look. "This is Demetrius Devilclaw," Halkius introduced. "Say hello, Demetrius."

"Oi, Halkius, you brought me 'ere for this li'l shrimp? He don't even pass for finger food!"

"I'm afraid he isn't on the menu anyway, Demetrius," Halkius informed him. "I expect great things of him, so you'll have my thanks not to lay a claw on him."

Halkius then went to the next person. This one appeared a little younger than Daniel, and looked like one of the last people that one would ever find in a corporate setting. His hair was an ashy mixture of blue and white, and he wore a gray hoodie over a teal shirt. A pair of headphones hung around his neck, and his black sneakers were relatively worn out.

"This is Cornelius Fischer. He has been with the company for a while now. Cornelius, if you would?"

"'Sup, new guy?"

Demetrius peeked over and sneered at him. "Y'about ready for a rematch, ya li'l bugger?"

"Bruh, get the peanut butter outta your mouth before you talk to me. Your spit is straight up rank, yo."

"THAT DOES IT, I'M RIPPIN' YOU A NEW ONE-"

Halkius cleared his throat and Demetrius settled down. Cornelius was snickering to himself as Halkius shook his head. The next one that he walked over to was a woman. A famous one, in fact. Her hair was styled in waves and had the colors of the very cosmos itself. She dressed in a fine purple dress that twinkled and shined. The woman was none other than the sensation herself, Sixela.

"You may have already heard of or seen her before," Halkius said. "But in case you haven't, this is Sixela, perhaps the most talented performing artist in the country. She will be working with us as well."

"Charmed," Sixela greeted, giving Daniel a smile.

The next person Halkius walked to was one that Daniel had already met. It was the woman that Daniel had encountered the other day on the way to the Ivory Palace. By the look of indifference on her face, she had already forgotten having ever met Daniel. Perhaps there were more important things for her to be concerned with.

"Here we have Eva Vesper. She has been with me for longer than anyone else in this room, and has since proven to be a valuable member of our team."

"A shame this new addition had to be another man," Eva dismissed, casually filing her nails. "If I can even call him that. He has the scared look of a deer caught in the headlights. I hope he can pull his own weight around here - though based on his looks isn't much."

Halkius stopped at the end of the line and looked back over to Ryang.

"Where is Zeto?"

Ryang shook her head. "I talked to him in person, but he told me he had more important things to attend to and refused to come."

"How very typical of him," Eva commented, rolling her eyes. Halkius merely shrugged.

"I suppose he'll have to meet Daniel at another time then. I honestly wish he'd stop distancing himself from the rest of us and become a little more involved. Nevertheless, all things take time. While we're all here, why don't you tell us all a little bit about yourself, Daniel?"
---

{Sariska}

"Well, I'd go myself if I could, but Sarge ain't exactly lettin' me leave my seat," Eric responded. "They probably wouldn't let me in, anyway. I don't necessarily have the clearance. I do know someone that can help, so don't worry none." Alicia could be seen trying to convey a whisper over to Sariska by cupping over her mouth.

"Tell him to ask herrrrr."

"Our detective for sure can go in and out of Hastel on official business," Eric revealed. "Her name's Chrysanta Wyrick. She's a real looker - not as pretty as you, of course, with short blonde hair, dresses real flashy-like - nothin' like what you'd expect a detective to wear. Why I remember one day she came into the station wearin' a nice jacket over a leather corset and oooohwee. Err... I mean... You wouldn't know she was one of ours if she didn't have the badge. She just left awhile ago to go Lao's Noodle Shop for some takeout, and you can probably still catch her there. Just tell her what's up and mention my name, and I'm sure she'll get this all settled in two shakes of a lamb's tail."
Vergil
Vergil
Void Sleeper
Void Sleeper

Back to top Go down

Post by Gist Wed Feb 08, 2017 1:40 pm

Daniel wanted to explain how strange being a part of a family unit with people he didn't even know was, but given that Lionel was probably the most influential person in the city, and perhaps the country, he figured it would be in his best interest to not step on his toes. Maybe he could adopt the man's way of thinking if it worked so well. "If you insist, Lionel." Daniel was extremely exhausted, and it hadn't even been half a day yet. He noticed a small light on Lionel's suit start to blink, and the president touched the device, apparently a small communication wire of sorts. The things that Daniel would probably never have... As Lionel spoke with Ryang, Daniel vigorously shook his head to try and get it back in the game. He was about to meet his colleagues, and his first impression needed to be the best he could manage.

The large, beautifully crafted doors he originally came in swung open to reveal Ryang, followed by four others, one of which being a Beastfolke. He had only seen Mishka in the city since he could remember, but it wasn't incredible for there to be more than one in the world, of course. Lionel began introducing the members of the team in order of where they stood in line. Ryang was the first in line, so she was the first to be mentioned. Daniel smiled at her familiar face, glad to see something he recognized in this whole debacle.

Next to her was the Beastfolke that wasn't Mishka. Very intimidating, this guy looked as if one wrong word were thrown his way and he'd probably rip you to shreds. Definitely not someone to socialize with or be near if at all possible, to avoid conflict. Demetrius, his name was, even mentioned him being a shrimp. Not that Daniel could blame him; there wasn't very much meat on his bones, and he had been meaning to try and put on some muscle, but he just never got around to it. The smile faded from his face as he nodded in acknowledgment. "Pleasure to meet you, Demetrius." He kept as neutral of a tone of voice as he could manage so that he didn't show fear... not that he was great at hiding his feelings, but he could try, right?

Next in line was someone that hardly looked as if they were supposed to be in a corporate scene. Then again, if the guy were in a situation like Daniel's, he could understand. He was introduced as Cornelius, a name that didn't fit either, but Daniel tried not to make judgments solely off of appearances. After all, he had done that with the Ivory Palace, and look what kind of joint it was. He was about to respond to the greeting Cornelius gave him, until Demetrius started bickering with the guy. It pretty much led to what seemed like a genuine death threat from the Beastfolke, but from all Daniel knew, this could be the norm around here. Eesh, some norm to be alright with. "Nice to meet you, Cornelius."

Then Lionel introduced what appeared to be an iconic face, though Daniel couldn't quite place where he had seen this woman before. The president introduced her as Sixela, which shot off a few lightbulbs in Daniel's head. Oh! Yeah, I've heard of Sixela before! Sam always mentioned he'd bang her if he ever got the chance God help him, but I never imagined I'd actually get to work with her... This is actually pretty cool! Don't mess this up, you little shit. "Likewise, Sixela." Daniel nodded at the idol to try and hide his nervousness. She smiled at me... "I hope I was a suitable choice to join the research and development team." Goddamnit, you had one job. Now you'll never get to talk to her again, either. What can you do right?

Last in the line was a woman that he had seen before the previous night. He hadn't asked for her name at the time because he was scared of her, but it seemed that her name was Eva. She was seemingly the senior of the team, having been there longer than anyone else. If he could manage to come up to her, Eva might be valuable to ask questions about how things worked in the R&D department when Lionel wasn't available. But then Eva commented in disdain about how he was a man and that he would obvious be of little worth since the weight he could most likely pull was not much at all. In fact, she didn't even mention that the two had met before today, though in all fairness, talking about life outside of work wasn't very appropriate. Nope, talking to her was a bad idea. Like Demetrius, he would probably be best off avoiding contact at all costs. "A pleasure to meet you, Eva. I apologize for my lack of competence; I hope that my sex won't hinder my capabilities with the company." As an added measure, he glanced at Lionel and tacked on, "Lionel seems to think I could be of use. I hope that's the case."

And so they reached the end of the line, but Lionel asked Ryang about a supposedly missing member. Daniel looked around the room, but the only people that he could see were the seven that were already accounted for. Apparently the missing person was Zeto, interesting name he had. Though, he didn't want to come to Daniel's introduction because it was a waste of time. Daniel didn't entirely blame the guy; he himself wouldn't be too terribly interested in nonessential gatherings like this back at Glotech, and he often did skip meetings that were just touching base. "It's alright," Daniel coolly responded to Ryang, "I didn't think that I was worth a whole gathering like this, though I'm grateful I got to meet most of you before I started work here."

Then came the time for him to say a few words about himself. He hadn't had to do this kind of thing in quite a while... the last time may have been for the beginning of his final semester's classes. He tried to think of something cool to say, but failed. When it really came down to it, the "coolest" thing about Daniel was that he could hold his breath for a little longer than most people, but when would that ever come in handy? As he began to clear his throat, his vision blurred and doubled. The exhaustion was rolling over him again, showing no mercy. He needed to power through this... the first impression was the most important. Daniel looked across all of the people in line, his colleagues, struggling to focus. They did, but not without a few seconds lof waiting.

"Hello, everyone. My name is Daniel Reisa, as Lionel would have probably already told you. I'm twenty five years old, and until Ryang quite literally swept me off of Glotech's rooftop," Daniel gave her a small smile and a nod, "I worked there in Quality Assurance. I went to the east to go to school, but I ended up coming back to Winddrift because I felt more at home here. Glotech seemed like the easiest option I had to start working on paying back my loans and having a good life, and they treated me well. I didn't imagine that Lionel would take notice and promote me, especially after only two days on in the acquisition, but if he believes I'm capable of working in a completely different field than I have experience in, then I guess I will, too. I'm very glad to meet all of you, and I hope that I will work well together with you, to realize his dream. I hope that I was a good choice. Thank you." Daniel took a page from Ryang's book and gave a small bow to his new colleagues, not really sure what the gesture was for, but it looked nice when Ryang did it, so hopefully he didn't look too bad doing the same.
Gist
Gist
Full Eight Hours
Full Eight Hours

Back to top Go down

Post by Zerifachias Wed Feb 08, 2017 2:59 pm

Sariska cleared her throat when Eric started going off about this other woman, Chrys, but otherwise listened closely and tried to ignore Alicia egging her on from the side. "Lao's Noodle Shop," Sariska repeated, glancing to Aurora. "Got it. Thanks so much, Eric. You're the best. See you Saturday, okay? Bye." Sariska took a deep breath as the call ended and reverted her attention to the other girls. Her face started to cool off as she talked.

"Eric recommended we go talk to a detective. Her name's Chrys, and should be able to get Sicily out of Mordor. Thing is, I don't have the car, and I don't know where this noodle shop is. Should we call a cab or is it nearby?"
Zerifachias
Zerifachias
Totes-Mcgoats
Totes-Mcgoats

Back to top Go down

Post by Vergil Wed Feb 08, 2017 7:09 pm

{Daniel}

The others looked at one another as Daniel bowed at them. Cornelius laughed and made a comment. "Yo, what are you bowing at us for?" he asked. He cleared his throat and made a mock reverent voice. "Rise... new guy... my son. And giveth me instead a bountiful tribute of a twelve-piece buffalo chicken tender meal." Sixela sighed and looked over at Cornelius.

"It's a sign of respect, Cornelius - a gesture that's so obviously foreign to you. Ryang does it all the time."

"Whoaaaaaaa there. I don't believe I asked for your sass there, o' Great Gift From The Galaxies."

"Oh, but you did."

"What? Bull. When?"

"When you said to me: 'Hey Sparklehair, it looks like we're going to be working together from now on.'"

"Brutal."

"If you all are done making pointless banter," Eva cut in. "I would like to be dismissed from this meeting. Lionel?"

"As you were, Eva," Halkius approved. "You may return to your previously assigned duties. Be sure to keep me updated on your progress."

"Ta-ta for now then," Eva said, walking off. The heels of her shoes clicked with every step - even her walk was obnoxious.

"For real, though," Cornelius resumed, getting back on his topic. "Why are you always givin' me the business, Sparklehair?"

"Quite possibly because you make it so easy."

"Rude. You should feel bad about yourself."

"I apologize for my lack of an apology, my dear Cornelius."

"I kinda wonder what it is that makes you think you're hot shit all the time."

"The fact that if I were to give you a signed autograph, your net worth would increase ten-fold."

There was a pause. Ryang slowly turned her head over at Cornelius. "You don't have anything to say to that?"

"Well I mean... she's not wrong."

Demetrius then put in his opinion. "Maybe if you weren't such a l'il shit, you'd get more than coal from ol' Santy Clause every Christmas."

"HA HA! WHAT?! YOU ACTUALLY BELIEVE IN- Ack! My ear!"

"No," Sixela chided, keeping Cornelius' ear in an iron grip.

"The fuck! What gives, Sparklehair?"

"You may make fun of him with your put-downs. You two may beat each other within an inch of your lives... but I will not stand idly by as you ruin someone's hopes and dreams. I will not allow you to take away a person's last shred of innocence. Am I understood?"

"Y-Yeah! Loud and clear! Just let go!"

"Oi, what are you two babblin' on about?"

"Nothin', Chucklefuck."

"Meet me in trainin' field 2-C. We're settlin' this NOW."

"Yeah, yeah. I already know how this'll end up."

Cornelius and Demetrius then made their leave of the room, and only Sixela, Halkius, Ryang, and Daniel remained.

"I do apologize for their behavior," Sixela said to Daniel. "Neither of them have a filter over their mouths and just say the first thing that comes to their minds. Though if you'll excuse me, I must be getting back and tending to my own agenda." Sixela waved to the others and made for the double doors. Ryang would be the next to follow.

"I suppose I must be getting back as well," she said. "Until next time. Mr. Halkius. Daniel."

Halkius walked down the aisle and placed himself back down onto his seat. "As you can see, we have quite the diverse family," Halkius chuckled. "I'm sure it won't be long before you're sharing your own jokes and laughing with them. You are dismissed for now, Daniel. Caleb has just returned to the building; if you would step outside, you will find him waiting to pick you up. I will have you begin your assignments tomorrow."

Sure enough, the vampire was there, just as Halkius said he would be. A sleek black limousine was parked out in front of the building, the engine still running. Caleb was standing by the car door, opening it for Daniel.

"A pleasure to see you again, Daniel. Shall we be going?"

---

{Sariska}

"Alrighty," Eric said, finishing up the call. "I'll let Detective Wyrick know you're comin' to meet her so she'll be expectin' ya." At the mention of Lao's Noodle Shop, Aurora was prepared to lead the way, without having to pull up directions.

"We passed it on the way here, actually," Aurora said. "It's right down the street, we won't require transportation." With the group ready to take the next step, they headed out of the studio and crossed a stoplight to reach their destination.

"What the hell is 'Mordor?'" Alicia asked on the way out.

Music: Lao's Noodle Shop
Spoiler:

With the kind of reputation that Hastel had, the district had a way of spreading its influence around its edges. Lao's Noodle Shop was a restaurant that looked as though it had seen better days. The outside wall had a very large crack, and various letters of the restaurant's neon sign had burnt out. The inside reinforced whatever impression the outside may have given, with shoddy tables arranged in the small room; chairs filled with shady-looking men. Everyone in the shop, including the workers had their attention focused to one particular woman sitting in a booth. They all nervously remained stiff near her, afraid to make a move, while the woman slurped from a bowl of noodle soup with a pair of chopsticks.

She was the only one that would fit Eric's description - short blonde hair, and clothes fit for a nightclub. On her neck was a Winddrift City Police badge tied linked to a metal ball chain.

"Which one do you think is her?" Alicia obliviously asked.
Vergil
Vergil
Void Sleeper
Void Sleeper

Back to top Go down

Post by Zerifachias Wed Feb 08, 2017 8:07 pm

Lao's Noodle Shop. Sariska could smell it from a block away, and when they entered she found out why. Half the guys in here were sweating so profusely it was making her nose turn up. She spotted their detective quickly, since everyone was looking at her and she had a very unique look about her in the place. The patrons and staff were so stiff they practically smelled guilty. Oh, wait, that was the sweat.

"I think we walked into the wrong neighborhood," Sariska said under her breath. She gestured for the others to follow and approached the woman. The yellow-haired woman was pretty, Eric wasn't lying about that. "Excuse me, Miss Wyrick? Detective?" Sariska started. "I'm Sariska, Eric's um..." she hesitated. "Girlfriend. He told you I was coming? We need your help. A friend of ours is trapped in Hastel. We can't simply walk in, so I was hoping maybe you...?"
Zerifachias
Zerifachias
Totes-Mcgoats
Totes-Mcgoats

Back to top Go down

Post by Gist Thu Feb 09, 2017 4:11 pm

Daniel became red with embarrassment as Cornelius made fun of his gesture, only to have Sixela admonish him for it. Eva got fed up with having to be somewhere she wasn't interested in being, so she asked to be excused, and then was. Daniel then found out that Demetrius, intimidating as he was, still believed in the magic of Santa Claus. His eyebrows shot up. How did someone as furious as that guy still believe in something like that? Though, he wasn't one to judge. He knew what he believed in, or didn't, and everyone else should have that same luxury. Demetrius challenged Cornelius to a training match, but it seemed that this was a regular occurrence. Sixela and Ryang were the last to leave, the former apologizing for the others' behavior. Daniel really felt that he didn't fit in here. It was as if Lionel were right, that this group of people was indeed a family of sorts. A family like Daniel never really had, one that he never really knew he wanted...

He was snapped out of his reverie by Lionel explaining that he was also done for the day, and should go outside to meet Caleb. His insides wrenched and knotted and made all sorts of protests against this; he wanted to be anywhere that wasn't near Caleb. But, there wasn't really much he could do or say about the matter, so all he could do was leave with a "Thank you, Lionel. Until tomorrow, then." and leave the penthouse office through the majestic doors he had come in.

With a bit of searching, he found the stairwell that he entered the building in, and started making his way to the ground floor, with each step reminding him that this part of his life was going to be an absolute hell. Eventually he made it to the ground floor at the front of the fancy Duple Corp building. Just as Lionel had said he would be, Caleb was here with a limo of all things to pick Daniel up in. The nausea and headache from earlier were coming back in stride as he inched closer, hesitant to be anywhere near the man. "Likewise. Where are we headed?" He was notably trying to avoid getting in the limo, trying his best to not be near Caleb, at least, without causing any offense. If he didn't feel so exhaustexd, things may have been easier to manage.
Gist
Gist
Full Eight Hours
Full Eight Hours

Back to top Go down

Post by Vergil Thu Feb 09, 2017 7:23 pm

"To my estate," Caleb explained, closing the door for Daniel once he was seated. He reappeared at the driver's seat and put the car in drive, leaving the premises of Duple Corp. Caleb drove through the traffic of the Corporate Plaza, checking behind him every so often in the rear-view mirror. Funny enough, Daniel wasn't able to see Caleb's reflection in the mirror, giving off the impression that the car was driving itself. Caleb, however, would ensure that he made his presence known. He started by making conversation.

"You must be quite proud of yourself, Mr. Reisa. Why it was only just yesterday that you were working under me in Glotech, and now you've moved quite far up the promotional ladder in such little time. I know I'm impressed. Perhaps it was your skillful mastery of the typing program that I gave you - the way you punched in those 'G's and '4's were extraordinary. My personal favorite was the way you struck the 'B' key. To the untrained eye, it would look like a simple technique... but I... I could tell what you did would take years to master for even the most patient of typists."

"It's no wonder you were selected among Lionel's chosen elite. Surely a man as brilliant as he would have a keen eye for natural born talent, and you - you must have met, nay, exceeded his expectations. I do hope my humble abode will fit the standards of a trailblazing genius such as yourself, Mr. Reisa. My servants and I shall be at your beck and call, making sure your stay will be of the most comfortable one. One of Lionel's own deserves no less than the best hospitality that the most luxurious could only hope to afford."

"Due note, that I have been tasked to keep a watchful eye over you and ensure that no harm comes to you, and I shall fulfill that duty to the fullest. Wherever you go, whatever you do, and whoever you may encounter... I will be watching. Take no mind of me, of course, for a prodigy such as yourself should only allocate your efforts to more important things. Just picture me as another face in the crowd."

The limousine crossed into the Yisten District, passing through all the casinos and clubs, whims and charms of the city, and into a lush countryside. Caleb's manor was a large, ornate structure that looked as though it may have existed for a century or two, but with constant efforts of refurbishing. At the property's gate stood a guard who opened the way for the limousine, and Caleb would park just in front of the manor.

"We're here, Daniel," he announced. "Allow me to show you to your living quarters. I am quite excited, because I took the time in having a special housewarming gift for you. Please follow." Beneath the front door's entablature was a shadow were a man seemingly emerged out of. He was old, pale, and dressed in a fine suit, holding a cloth over his forearm.

"Lord Caleb," the old man greeted.

"Ah, Briarworth. No need to show me in, I will personally be leading Daniel to his room."

The old butler bowed and vanished back into the shadows, as Caleb proceeded with Daniel into the home. The floor was decorated in red tapestry, while the walls were furnished with several portraits and paintings, candle holders, and crafted ornaments alike. A golden chandelier, the size of a monster truck hung from the ceiling. Caleb would lead Daniel upstairs, walking through what seemed like an endless hallway, all the way up to wooden door. The door itself was made of fine mahogany, though it had been defaced. Someone had carved the words "Sicily wuz hear" very crudely into it. Caleb stopped to stare at it for a while.

"You know, the members of the house have long since suggested that I replace this door. And for the life of me... I can't find it in myself to do it. Hmm. Well, step right in, then."

The inside of the room was themed like the rest of the house, with an enormous bed placed by the wall. Off to the side were large windows that appeared to have been bolted to prevent being opened. The view had the manor's garden in the back, fancy rosebushes and azaleas that spread around a path leading up to a pond. By the wall was a large walnut wood crafted bed, with an arched frame. The magenta cover was hand-quilted, and soft as feathers. Caleb headed over to the wall facing the bed where there was a large cloth covering something on the wall.

"Now this, this is the gift that I wished to show you."

Caleb pulled the cloth away to reveal an enormous golden frame that almost took up the entire wall with sculpted images of angels at the sides. The frame contained an image: the exact picture of Sam's ass, recreated, enlarged, and remastered in oil and watercolor.

"I commissioned this piece myself, and it costed quite the large sum. And now, you may gaze upon it with awe. It shall be the first thing you see when you awake in the morning, and the last come nightfall before you sleep. All the more fortunate, this particular spot in the room catches the light of the sun and moon perfectly, and will give the picture a radiant glow. Consider it yours."

---

{Sariska}

Music: Chrys' Theme
Spoiler:

The woman looked up, finishing the last of her noodles. When Sariska spoke to her, she rested her head against her hand, with her index finger pointed out in thought. "Mhm.... let's see. Roughly five feet and seven inches... green eyes, brown hair. Your clothes tell me you're the artsy-type... maybe a performer of sorts. Eric definitely has quite the preference," Chrys analyzed, getting up from the booth and placing a few bills next to the ticket. "Your friends are pretty interesting too." She pointed at Aurora. "Your name?"

"Um... Aurora."

"You strike me as an introvert, and your blazer is from West Windrift Institute... so I'd say you're the quiet, shy type. Since you're from that school, you most likely play an instrument or sing. If I were to guess... strings?"

"I..."

"Then we have you," Chrys looked over to Alicia. "The designer that made that kind of coat passed long ago, so I'd say that's a hand-me-down. You probably don't live too far from Hastel yourself, and probably make most of your decisions based on the opinions of your friends."

"Wow, she's good."

"So you need to go in and out of Hastel, huh? Yeah, sure. I'll help you. I owe Eric one anyway - I'm borrowing his cruiser today after all while mine's still in the shop. Alright, let's go."

As soon as Chrys left the restaurant, the other patrons and workers began moving more lively as if they were relieved. The detective stood by the parked police car out in the lot, waiting for the girls to follow.

"You comin'?"
Vergil
Vergil
Void Sleeper
Void Sleeper

Back to top Go down

Post by Zerifachias Thu Feb 09, 2017 7:46 pm

Oh wow, indeed. Sariska was surprised the woman immediately went into analyzing her and then the rest of her friends. Based off clothes alone she could tell Sariska was an actress. That was on the same level of analytics that Chloe could do. Sariska didn't mention her sister yet, only listened while Chrys rattled off on the other two.

"Oh, yeah!" Sariska jumped back to life. "Come on, girls. Lets go." Sariska hooked herself up as soon as they got into the cruiser. She took the front passenger seat and watched the roar while Chrys drove. "So you and Eric know each other well?" Sariska started. She was curious where this woman stood in the police force. A friend? Ex-girlfriend? "Eric let it slip how pretty you are when I called him. Of course I didn't believe him until I saw you."

Sariska started hoping the car ride wouldn't last too long.
Zerifachias
Zerifachias
Totes-Mcgoats
Totes-Mcgoats

Back to top Go down

Post by Gist Fri Feb 10, 2017 3:37 pm

Daniel got into the limo at Caleb's insistence, though he was not very happy about it. Caleb then appeared in the driver's seat, though the lack of his reflection in the mirror would lead him to believe otherwise. He shuddered in recoil; this was actually real, and it was happening. This guy wasn't human. Caleb went on as they drove away from the imposing Duple Corp building to talk about just how deserving Daniel was of his promotion. After all, he was apparently "natural-born talent", which Daniel completely disagreed with, but he chose to keep his mouth shut. It really wasn't worth a full-blown argument, especially given how tired he was; he just wanted to be able to take a well-deserved nap.

The drive to the Yisten District was largely uneventful, mostly Caleb asserting that Daniel would no longer ever have privacy, which he would have come to expect from the way Lionel talked in the meeting earlier. All things considered, a lack of real privacy was a small price to pay for life as luxurious as this, though Daniel knew he didn't really deserve something without a catch. He just stared in awe at the sprawling manor as he exited the limo. For all the trouble that Caleb was to be near, he was genuinely shocked that the man was made of so much money... that one person could have enough wealth to sustain such a place. Daniel would have never dreamed about even being near such a place, let alone living in one.

Caleb addressed a man that had come out of nowhere, stating that he would personally show Daniel to the room he was assigned, and then the man, apparently named Briarworth, again vanished into thin air. Was the whole house full of people like Caleb? Daniel's fear was rising, but it still didn't overtake the exhaustion that he felt. Daniel was led through the equally impressive interior, which he noted was painted with the shade of purple that he recommended in his initial meeting with Caleb that he had earlier in the morning. His eyebrows arched as he processed that his advice was actually taken.

After going what seemed like an endless amount of distance, most of it being taken up by a hallway on an upper floor, they reached a room that had its door defaced with a misspelled message. Sicily... Is this who used to use the room? Caleb led him in and went over to stand next to a large cloth that obscured something on the wall. The rest of the room was just as ornate as the rest of the house, with finely crafted furniture adorning most of the space, though he noted that the large windows on the opposite side of the entrance seemed to be bolted shut. A shame, really, since they looked like a nice way to let fresh air in. Daniel moved towards the bed, all too eager to just sleep away the past few hours and hopefully awaken in his apartment, that this all never happened.

Of course, the big reveal of Caleb's housewarming gift consisted of the man pulling on a string into a sight that immediately turned Daniel's stomach. "WHY?!" He immediately burst out with a gut reaction, trying not to purge the only thing he had eaten all day. He was torn between covering his face and looking back at the actually well-painted portrait... of Sam's asshole. It was like a terrible accident; the desire to look away was there, but the sheer audacity kept bringing the eyes back in. He cleared his throat to try and recover the situation. "Thank you... Caleb. Indeed, this looks like it cost a fortune. You really didn't have to do this... really. Though I appreciate the painting..." He struggled to keep a calm demeanor, and to not immediately run with the remaining strength he had in the opposite direction. "That reminds me, though. How long will I be staying here with you? All of my things are still at Blue Avalon... I wasn't aware that I'd be moving today, so I'm a bit unprepared, even for work tomorrow. Can I go get my stuff?"
Gist
Gist
Full Eight Hours
Full Eight Hours

Back to top Go down

Post by Vergil Tue Feb 14, 2017 8:04 pm

{Daniel}

"For as long as Mr. Halkius deems necessary," Caleb answered in response to how long Daniel would be staying. "You may return to your previous residence to collect your belongings, though I must accompany you. This is for your safety, of course." He guided Daniel out of the manor back to where the limousine was parked, and allowed Daniel to step in. Caleb materialized into the driver's seat just as he did before, and turned on the ignition.

"You mentioned you lived at Blue Avalon, correct?" Caleb asked to clarify. "Let us be on our way then." For the entirety of the drive, Caleb kept quiet and glanced at Daniel through the mirror every so often. There was something on his mind, and it looked like he was biding his time to bring up the subject. When they arrived at the apartments, Caleb stepped out of the car and waited for Daniel. When Daniel would do the same, Caleb would break the silence.

"I've been thinking, Mr. Reisa," he started, adjusting his glasses. "The assailants that pursued you knew just where to find you and knew your name, and now, I have to be the one to ask: just how is it that they know you? You spoke back to them as if you had met them before. You must understand that I work to protect Lionel Halkius' best interests, and I wouldn't be doing my job if I didn't investigate every little detail. If I were to go off a crackpot theory, I'd suspect the chance that all this was a collaborative effort by the three of you to infiltrate our corporate ranks. Could there be more conspirators that they have aligned with to perhaps... I don't know, ambush me here? Of course, I know better than to act upon a mere theory, so I have a set of procedures I follow before coming to my conclusion. One of them is to quite simply... well, ask."

Music: Inquisition
Spoiler:

Caleb's lips curved into that usual fearsome smile, as he removed one of his gloves. His nails sprang out into claws as he got closer to Daniel.

"Now Daniel, I want nothing but honesty from you, and I'd fear for you were you to give me anything else. So Daniel, I will but ask again... just what is your relationship with the other two? How did you know them?"
---

{Sariska}

Chrys buckled her seatbelt and sped off. With how reckless she was going, it was no wonder why her own cruiser was in the shop. Aurora instinctively gripped onto the edge of her seat as if she were bracing for impact, and Alicia shifted about in her seat nervously. Sariska asked how Chrys knew Eric, and the detective gave the sort of look that made it visible that she was wondering why she was being asked such a question.

"Well, we both work for the police. How could we not know each other? she raised a point. "Though I guess if you're wondering how exactly we met in the force, it was about a year ago. He was fresh out of the academy, and he was the kind of guy that wanted to get to know everyone. Did you know he used to greet everyone by hugging them? I'll never forget the first time he met Gabriela when he was assigned to her. He went straight up to her and said, 'Howdy! You must be Gabby!' and he went straight in and hugged her. Her face - oh my god, her face. I will never forget it. And after what happened after that, I don't think he will either. Eric never hugged anyone again after that. Anyway, I was the one that had to get between Gabriela and her next meal. It wasn't pretty. After the whole ordeal, Eric stopped by and thanked me for saving him, and I told him what he needed to know if he wanted to survive around Gabriela. After all, I probably know her longer than anyone else."

The cruiser stopped at the front of the Hastel District, which now had barricades set up around it with officers stationed by them. One of them stopped by the car and knocked on the window, telling Chrys to roll it down.

"Detective Wyrick. You need to get in?"

"Yeah, just stopping by uhh..."

"Red Eden," Aurora filled in.

"Yep. Red Eden. Just gonna be asking some of the residents if they know anything regarding last night's case."

"Who are they?"

"They're... part of the Winddrift City Youth Association, and I'm... helping the organization by participating them in a junior... detective-r... thing."

"Oh. Okay. Go on through."

The officer signaled the others to let them through the barricades, and Chrys gave him a smile as she went on in. "That was Phil. He's not very good at his job."

Thankfully, most of the apartments were being guarded. Police officers had advised the tenants to stay in their homes, while the city sent rations to them. Aurora would give the detective directions to Sicily's apartment, and all the while sounds of yelling and gunfire could be heard in the distance. Chrys stopped the car and allowed the girls to get out. Aurora made it to Sicily's door and knocked, with Alicia following up behind on the stairs. The door would open and Sicily would greet the girls with a yawn.

"Oh damn, 'sup guys?"
Vergil
Vergil
Void Sleeper
Void Sleeper

Back to top Go down

Post by Gist Thu Feb 16, 2017 12:54 pm

Daniel was disappointed that he'd need to spend more time with Caleb than he was really comfortable with, but that was how the cookie crumbled. Caleb asked if he used to live at Blue Avalon. He absentmindedly remarked that he did; he was really busy inside his own head. For everything that came with the unfortunate appointment, he had to admit that there were quite the benefits... like living so lavishly and working in proximity to some of the most well-to-do people in the country. He had never dreamed that he'd be so lucky... but it really got him thinking about what was actually going on. He knew that something wasn't right about all of this. Freya had mentioned again that Duple Corp was up to something not so good, that they would use him to achieve their own ends.

The thing was, he thought as they were presumably driving back to the Blue Avalon complex, there really wasn't anything about Daniel that anyone could possibly want. He finished school, left home against his family's wishes, and staked it out on his own, just trying to live day to day without trying and failing to meet unrealistic expectations. He wanted to go out and live for himself... and he had, for a while. Sure, he was lonely from time to time, but that was more of his fault than anyone else's; he didn't really make any effort to go spend time with anyone else unless they asked, and they usually didn't. He had thought back to that night a couple of days ago that he had to brush Sam off because of something really trivial. He didn't treat the people that he really associated with the most with any value, and he sucked because of it, he couldn't deny that.

They arrived at the apartment complex, and Daniel got out of the limo, thoughts swirling around his head. For the first time in a few minutes, Caleb spoke up. He was noticeably silent during the car ride, which was unusual considering how talkative he was on the way home from Duple Corp. He mentioned how strange it was that Daniel had known Freya and Mishka, and how they knew exactly where he was when Ryang had come to fetch him from the Glotech rooftop. "What?" was all Daniel could ask as Caleb was springing more and more preposterous notions at him... that he was out to kill Caleb with those two, that he wanted to overthrow Duple Corp with the two of them by pretending to be a decoy, that there was something that didn't add up by Daniel knowing both Freya and Mishka prior to Lionel's sudden acquisition of him.

Caleb took off one of his gloves and donned a smile of pure evil as he approached Daniel, ready to end his life with one swift movement. He asked again what his relationship with Freya and Mishka were. Daniel's heart beat faster and faster as he tried to think of an answer that wouldn't lead to his death. Caleb looked menacing... perhaps no matter what he said, he would believe in his own theory that Daniel was out to sabotage him, Lionel, and all the others, even if Daniel really wasn't. "L-look..." he stammered as he started backing away from the incoming vampire, "I don't know them. A few nights ago, there was a note on my doorstep, telling me to find a woman and a Beastfolke at the Cat's Eye..." Still backing away from Caleb, he continued with a frightened tone, "So I did. I figured, since I didn't have anything better to do, I'd go. I went, and I found them, and they got to telling me how Duple Corp was doing shady research about controversial topics..." He was approaching the outer all of the building all too fast, and there was nowhere else to run. "Ever since they were able to make my sister's medicine cheaper, I've believed that Duple Corp are a good group of people. I think Lionel's vision is one I can stand behind. Freya and Mishka... they said that the company is evil, but I just can't see that."

He hit the wall and had nowhere else to go as Caleb kept coming in. "Mishka had said that there was a dormant power in my blood that would make the company come for me... and somehow, I think that at least some of you also think the same thing. Well, just like I told him, you're wrong!" Tears welled up in his eyes as he pressed himself as far against the wall trying to stay away from the vampire, exclaiming both in fear and denial. "There's nothing special about me or my blood... There never has been, and there never will be. The only special quality I have is that I'm fantastically bad with women! I just..." He collapsed onto his knees, starting to tremble with emotion.

His mind flashed back to the rooftop ledge, how it felt to almost have escaped his pursuers, to not have to be chased anymore. "I just... I should've..." He should've jumped when he had the chance. This had only gotten worse from the moment Daniel left the Duple Corp building. Things would never be the same as they used to be. Maybe it wasn't a good idea for him to try and go against his father's wishes. A rolling wave of homesickness washed over him as adrenaline put his brain into overtime. "I just want to go home..." The tears escaped as he began to sob, not able to keep them in anymore. Unable to think clearly, Daniel looked towards Caleb's extended claws then into his menacing eyes. "Please, ki-" He couldn't finish. He wanted to run away, but the thought of death scared him more than everything else. Daniel was stuck between a rock and a hard place, and there was no way of getting out of the middle. He put his face into his hands to try and muffle the noise he was making. This was embarrassing.

He couldn't even have the mercy of being crushed between them.
Gist
Gist
Full Eight Hours
Full Eight Hours

Back to top Go down

Post by Zerifachias Thu Feb 16, 2017 5:25 pm

Alright, that's actually pretty funny. Sariska giggled. "Poor guy, at least he can hug me without fearing any backlash." She thought it odd he was so free with hugs. Men weren't usually like that, in her personal experience. Sariska had to stifle her giggles at the ridiculous officer on duty and it was only until Red Eden could she finally calm down enough to be in control again.

Sicily, however, seemed to have everything under control, judging from her tone. Sariska felt relief flow through her to see the girl relatively unharmed, despite the chaos going on outside. "Hey, uh," she started. "You notice everything seems to be on fire around here? Anyway, glad to see you're safe, Sicily. This is detective Wyrick, she managed to get us though the police checkpoint to you. We need to practice, like a week ago, since the battle of the bands is tomorrow. I have a drum set back at my apartment, I don't know if yours will fit in the cruiser."

Sariska glanced behind her past their little group. She was worried about being jumped by some random thugs. If she was going to dodge bullets today, she would prefer to know beforehand.
Zerifachias
Zerifachias
Totes-Mcgoats
Totes-Mcgoats

Back to top Go down

Post by Vergil Thu Feb 16, 2017 8:10 pm

{Daniel}

"So let me get this straight," Caleb said, making sure he understood clearly. "You find a suspicious looking note from people you know, telling you to meet them... and you do it? I find it implausible for any sensible person to actually go through with such a thing. No, your story makes logical sense to believe that you were recruited. The truth of the matter is, there is something unique about your DNA. I know it myself when I conducted that drug test." Caleb was now becoming noticeably furious; the fearful aura thickening. "Did you actually believe the sniveling, pathetic excuse for a human being that I see before me would be worthy of Lionel Halkius' time otherwise?! Why else would he offer someone like you a life of luxury beyond measure - a life far too good for the likes of you?! If you weren't what they were looking for, and you aren't what Halkius is looking for... then what need is there for you? Ah ha ha ha..."

The claws retracted into his fingers, and Caleb slipped on his glove and the feeling of suffocation receded. Caleb let out a light laugh, as if none of this had ever happened. "Unfortunately, it isn't my job to make notions or accusations without concrete evidence. I can't physically prove you are here to cause damage to the company, so I will continue to act on the president's behalf to protect you for the time being. So go on, fetch your things and return to the car. Get up, Daniel."

"Do keep this in mind: You will continue serve Halkius to whatever he requests of you. The moment you step out of line or when Lionel Halkius no longer has any use for you... I will personally be the one to give you a proper 'company termination.'"
---

{Sariska}

Sicily popped in a stick of gum as she glanced over Sariska's shoulder to see the state of chaos in the district. "Oh, so it is. Neat," she commented, watching the sky fill with smoke. Alicia stepped forward with an angry look.

"What happened with you? Aurora and I have been trying to reach you all morning!"

"Uhh... I was asleep?" Sicily answered. Sicily was only wearing a large white shirt that covered all the way down to her thighs, so she was most likely telling the truth.

"And your phone didn't wake you?"

Sicily blew a bubble and popped the gum back into her mouth. "Nah, it's on silent."

"Why don't you put it off of silent?"

"Hey, before all this band crap I didn't really talk to a lot of people over the phone. Only people I really keep in touch with is my roomie and my deale-" Sicily stopped herself when Sariska introduced Chrys as a detective. "My totally legitimate pharmacist. Yeah."

"Relax, I just came to help Eric's girlfriend pick you up," she assured her. "Not here to bust anyone. Swear on my badge. Hastel's in state of lockdown right now, so nobody's really allowed in or out."

"Huh, so the cops haven't given up on this place after all, huh? Shit, guess that means I need a new place to crash until all this blows over. I don't wanna be cooped up in this  craphole for God-knows-how-long. Be right back, I'll get dressed and meet you outside. My drums fold into a case, so they'll fit just fine. It's setting it all up that's a pain in the ass."

Sicily closed the door and the girls waited for a few minutes before she returned, fully dressed and her instrument case in hand.

"Let's roll, bitches."

The girls seated themselves back in the cruiser, while Chrys popped in her phone with an auxiliary cord to play her music. "You guys like Sixela?"

"Uhh... YEAH," Alicia confirmed strongly.

"Rad."

Music: Keep You Safe
Spoiler:

"So where to, now?"

"We planned on rehearsing at Lunaveil Studios."

"Gotcha."

Chrys would get the girls back to the studio posthaste, mostly due to her reckless speeding. The detective would drop them off at the studio's doors. "You ever need my help again, feel free to reach me by my personal number," Chrys said, writing on her  pocket notepad and tearing out a sheet. She handed her phone number to Sariska and waved. "Cya!"

Charger opened the front door as soon as Chrys had left, taking a good look at Sariska and her band.

"The fuck are you back here, for?"
Vergil
Vergil
Void Sleeper
Void Sleeper

Back to top Go down

Post by Zerifachias Thu Feb 16, 2017 8:32 pm

"I think I'm starting to like you, Sicily," Sariska said with a laugh as she and Alicia spoke. "If you need a place to stay, you can always crash on my couch. No drugs allowed though. Unless you want Chloe to break her pacifism." Thankfully it didn't take long for them to get out of there, and with the whole band gathered at Lunaveil Studios again, they could actually get some practice in.

"Thank you, detective." Sariska put the number Chrys gave her away. "You've been a big help. I don't think we could have managed without you." Which means that payback for Eric is going to be on Sariska now. She grimaced, but quickly reverted back to her cheerful self as Chrys left. "Well girls, I suppose it's time to practice." But not before Charger butted in again. Could she refer to him as her boss outside of working hours? Or she could just not.

"Nice to see you again too, Mr. Rivelotto," Sariska said dryly. "I have a hot date inside the studio. Gonna make some loud noises with my guitar, here." She patted her guitar case. "And with whatever these fools brought with them." She jerked her thumb at the others. "Time's short, we're doing something kind of impossible, and I'm excited about it. Is that weird? Anyway, ready girls? We need to learn how to blow the roof off before tomorrow's battle."
Zerifachias
Zerifachias
Totes-Mcgoats
Totes-Mcgoats

Back to top Go down

Post by Gist Fri Feb 17, 2017 8:00 pm

Daniel's mood and motivation spiraled downward as he listened to Caleb's tirade. Sure, he wasn't deserving of everything that had come in his way, but could he really help that? After all, it seemed that most everyone was considering him to be this special person by something that Daniel couldn't even see. Caleb claimed that his DNA was different than everyone else's, and Mishka noted that his blood was special, that people would come after him for it. He had seen enough of his blood to know that it certainly was not different than the average person's, but at this point, who was he going to convince.

He just couldn't believe it, though. Not even the threat on his life really phased Daniel too much, since he had already considered ending it himself, and almost took action on the Glotech rooftop. Without a sound or feeling, Daniel rose from the ground and wiped his tears away. What use were they? They wouldn't get him anywhere. He smoothly walked to his apartment and opened it, looking around what would be his former residence. To think, a few hours ago, things were just fine and dandy, but now, his world had come to complete and utter shit.

He fanned around his apartment, collecting his clothes and going over the essential toiletries that he'd need, though perhaps it all didn't really matter in the end. As he was packing his stuff, his eye came across the large kitchen knife that he had used earlier that morning to cut open the bag of cereal. Setting his stuff down, as if he were in a trance, he moved to the knife, picking it up and looking across the blade. You are special... Don't go with them, you're making the greatest mistake of your life! Thoughts were swirling around his head from the past few days. He put the tip of the blade near a vein on his wrist that showed through his pale skin. "Yeah right, I can prove that I'm not special. No one could possibly need or want me, right?"

Caleb's tirade came back to mind, and Daniel pressed the blade into his skin, though it didn't penetrate, lost in thought. Everything he wanted, even his potted plant that he hardly cared for, was gathered in front of his bathroom door, but what was it all for? He didn't deserve to live anywhere as nice as a mansion, and not to work with some of the most powerful people in the world. It was all too good for him to be true.
Gist
Gist
Full Eight Hours
Full Eight Hours

Back to top Go down

Post by Vergil Sun Feb 19, 2017 6:26 pm

{Daniel}

A hand shot out to grab Daniel's wrist to prevent the knife from going any further. Caleb had appeared into the apartment and now had a look of impatience about him. "Perhaps I didn't make this clear enough, so I will remind you," he said. "I am currently still tasked with ensuring no harm comes to you - even from yourself. As part of your contract, you are responsible for avoiding any action that may be against Halkius' best interests. This is one such action. Daniel. If I am not allowed to rend you limb from limb; you at the very least are not allowed to cut yourself. Now, drop the knife, gather your things, and get into the damn limo. I will not repeat myself again."
---

{Sariska}

"Oh, you here to use the recording room?" Charger asked to make sure. "Yeah, go on ahead." He held the doors open for the girls, and closed them behind him when they all went in. Sicily gave an impressed whistle as she checked out the building.

"This is where y'all do your shit? P-good, p-good."

"Yeah, Mr. Rivelotto owns this place as a director and producer. He let's people use the recording room equipment if you schedule a time slot," Alicia added. "It's important that people respect that system." She narrowed her eyes over at Aurora.

"My apologies to you and Mr. Jhurk Wodd. Miss Star and I are aware of the proper procedures now," Aurora responded.

They went down the hall and arrived at the recording room's door. When the girls opened the door, they found a man roughly the same age as Eric sitting down and tuning a guitar. He had a black jacket over a white shirt, wearing a worn-out necklace. His hair was mostly a solid black, with the tip dyed a shade of red. Alicia looked like she was about to explode while Sicily was eyeing him up and down suggestively. "UGH! NOT AGAIN!" Alicia groaned aggressively.

"...Can I help you?" the man deadpanned back.

"I scheduled a time slot! Do people not listen to the rules? My band is supposed to have this room for ourselves right now!" Alicia went off.

"I scheduled one, too. In fact, I still have another five minutes here."

Aurora picked up the clipboard and dragged her finger down the list of time slots. "He's right, Miss Alicia. We're after him. Do pardon our intrusion, Mister... Hung Lo."

"It's Zeto Autrey. But close enough," the man corrected. His cat-like eyes trailed over to Sariska and stopped at her instrument. "That's an interesting guitar you have there. Would you mind?" He held out his hand, wanting to take a closer look at it.
Vergil
Vergil
Void Sleeper
Void Sleeper

Back to top Go down

Post by Zerifachias Sun Feb 19, 2017 7:11 pm

"Oh dear," Sariska put her head in her hand as Alicia started yelling. She could hardly believe they were early considering the detour they had to go through, but Alicia didn't seem to be aware of the time. "Alicia, that's enough. We're very sorry for intruding, sir but," she stopped when he introduced himself. He had his eye on her guitar strapped around her shoulders. He took a special notice of it, and while she was inclined to feel a little pride in her instrument, his outstretched hand made her take a step back. There was something...off about this guy.

"Sorry, Mr. Autrey," Sariska said. "I'm going to have to decline that one. This guitar is very personal to me. You'll have to suffer like everyone else who's asked to see it. Though if you want to see it in action, we'll be participating in Sixela's Battle of the Bands tomorrow. I'm Sariska Eternal, you may have heard one of those names before." She glanced around, but saw no one else there. The guy must have just been practicing alone for his entire time slot. What else would a guy like him have to do today?

"We can give you your five minutes, if you'd like. I'm very sorry we interrupted you."
Zerifachias
Zerifachias
Totes-Mcgoats
Totes-Mcgoats

Back to top Go down

Post by Gist Mon Feb 20, 2017 11:51 pm

Daniel felt his spine practically freeze in fear as he felt a familiar grasp stop him from drawing his blood. The feelings of despair and panic came back in full force as he couldn't move a muscle. With a sharp clang, the knife clattered to the floor, Daniel's wrist remaining intact. Though, instead of being a blubbery mess, he really got to thinking. I want to know... Why am I supposed to be protected? There has to be a reason everyone's treating me this way... right? Maybe... Maybe I am special. With lifeless eyes, Daniel turned to Caleb. In a deadpan expression, he asked, "Caleb, will you take me to see Lionel? I want to hear it for himself why you, why Mishka, why everyone says that I'm so special. I want to hear it from him, the man who plucked me from obscurity and put me in this position."

Daniel lowered his eyes and looked towards the door of the apartment. Please... I want to know. I promise I'll stay as much out of your hair as I can afterward. Just, please..." His head was full of possibility, but something scared him more than Caleb's presence: they might all be right about him, after all. He may actually be special.
Gist
Gist
Full Eight Hours
Full Eight Hours

Back to top Go down

Post by Vergil Tue Feb 21, 2017 5:27 pm

{Daniel}

Caleb released his grip on Daniel's wrist and sighed. To think that he was left in charge of watching over such a pathetic excuse for a human being was proving to be more trouble than it was worth - and it didn't seem that he was too keen on humans to begin with. Daniel asked Caleb if he could see Halkius again, but Caleb wasn't sure why he bothered asking him. "You're free to go wherever you wish, so long as it isn't anywhere where you'd endanger yourself."

The vampire straightened out his tie and began walking back towards the limousine. "As for Mr. Halkius, he may or may not have time to entertain your curiosity. I was already instructed that I would be taking you back to see him tomorrow, so you will just have to hold your questions until then. For the time being, I suggest you take care of whatever business you otherwise have. Though if you're willing to accept an answer from someone other than Halkius himself, I can call Ryang over. You were chosen for the same reason she and the others of your team were, and I know without a doubt that she can demonstrate for you personally why you are here. Better to use your head, than to lose it, Daniel. I would do my best to keep an open mind if I were you."
---

{Sariska}

"Fair enough," Zeto said, retaining his stony face. He sat back down on the pleather couch and grabbed his own guitar out of the case sitting on the floor. It was a custom Les Paul with a black finish, though it had years of wear on it. Written on the pick guard was a name written in red.

"Japhet."

Zeto plugged into an amp and took a guitar pick from his pocket. "Yeah, I'll be taking my five minutes. Feel free to join me." He plucked a few chords to test his sound, while Sicily put on a smirk and dropped her drum kit into the corner of the room. As she set up, Alicia shrugged and readied her bass guitar. Sicily clacked her drumsticks together in rhythm as she counted down.

"And a one! A two! A one, two, three, four!"

Music: The Star And The Night Sky
Spoiler:

Last edited by Vergil on Wed Feb 22, 2017 5:34 pm; edited 2 times in total
Vergil
Vergil
Void Sleeper
Void Sleeper

Back to top Go down

Post by Sponsored content

Sponsored content