Eternal Dream
Would you like to react to this message? Create an account in a few clicks or log in to continue.

Tales of a Dreamer: The Beads of Light

4 posters

Page 15 of 18 Previous  1 ... 9 ... 14, 15, 16, 17, 18  Next

Go down

Tales of a Dreamer: The Beads of Light - Page 15 Empty Re: Tales of a Dreamer: The Beads of Light

Post by Zerifachias Sat Jan 21, 2012 6:03 pm

Not wasting any time, the party immediately set about heading towards the Water Temple. They were close, definitely. Hikari could tell because of the constant, overwhelming power that covered them like a blanket. Sekai and the others who could not see the true color of the lake were able to lead them successfully through the entrance to the temple.

Once inside, the first thing the group noticed was that the black water did not follow them inside. The air inside the temple was far from fresh, but it was clean. Hikari lowered the barrier that had protected them from the magic water outside.

The inside of the temple was an eternal, iridescent blue. The ceiling of the tower seemed to stretch infinitely above their heads. The strange designs on the walls curved up in an eternal spiral. In the center of the room stood a small pedestal with an opened book laying on it. In front of the pedestal, however, stood a tall, dark creature. This creature was very human-like, except for the fact that it had three black wings that sprouted from it's spinal cord, two on the left side, one on the right. A single, blackened hand was outstretched on the book. The figure was covered in a black cloak, but from what the party could see, it was indeed, an angel. A corrupted angel.

"So, you finally made it," A feminine voice spoke from the figure's position, just as the outstretched hand turned a page in the book on the pedestal. "I was wondering when the prospective Sage of Light was going to get here. It seems I was right in waiting here first."

The corrupted angel turned around, revealing blood red eyes that glared intensely at the party. The pure white skin of the angel was tainted with black tattoos that spread all across the angel's form. With an amused smirk, the corrupted angel took a step away from the pedestal, closer to the party.

"Welcome to the Temple of Water, denizens of the Light," the angel announced, bringing her right hand to her chest. It appeared that she only had one arm to do this. "My name is Deviahn the Messenger. I serve the Blackened Hand."
Zerifachias
Zerifachias
Totes-Mcgoats
Totes-Mcgoats

Back to top Go down

Tales of a Dreamer: The Beads of Light - Page 15 Empty Re: Tales of a Dreamer: The Beads of Light

Post by Xenosaga Sun Jan 22, 2012 8:39 am

Rai eyed the corrupted angel, taking in her three wings, glaring red eyes, dark tattoos and the amused smirk gracing her pale face. She silently motioned for Amaya to step closer to her and the child did so, taking hold of the outstretched hand offered to her. The knight then smiled pleasantly at the corrupted angel, a sharp edge hidden within it.

"I suppose this isn't just a warm welcome?" she inquired, tone light and motherly, revealing nothing of what the knight truly felt. There was a tense air of danger in the air and Rai didn't like it. Amaya seemed to sense it too and pressed closer to the blonde, as if to reassure her.
Xenosaga
Xenosaga
Never Awaken
Never Awaken

Back to top Go down

Post by Zerifachias Sun Jan 22, 2012 9:18 am

The angel held up a finger, as if silencing anyone beside her who was going to speak. When she was absolutely certain that she would be the only one talking, the angel spoke, "You would be correct in that assumption. I am not here to merely welcome you to your first flight of stairs, I have a message for you from my master."

"Can we also assume that your master is the Sage of Darkness?" Hikari suddenly asked, gripping her staff a little tighter. The apprehension she felt only served to weaken her nerves and cause her legs to begin shaking. This fallen angel...this corrupted angel...she was extremely powerful. If this is the messenger, then how powerful could the Sage of Darkness be? Hikari didn't want to know the answer to that question.

The angel's red eyes glinted with obvious glee at Hikari's question. "Correct, little Sage, my master has forbidden me to reveal his name, but yes, he is the Sage of Darkness. He is the leader of the Blackened Hand, of which I am not powerful enough to be a Guardian, but serve as a loyal messenger of my master's words."

"What is this Blackened Hand organization?" Sekai asked, never putting down her guard. She glared at the angel with a hatred unlike any other. How dare this corrupted angel bar their path. What's more, she could smell something foul in the air...but what? Sekai didn't want to know.

"I'm glad you asked!" Deviahn seemed extremely pleased to hear the question, though as to why, no one could really tell. But her tone dripped with poison and hostility. It was quite obvious the angel was growing tired of them, and very quickly. "The Blackened Hand is a group of powerful warriors who reside in the Realm of Darkness. Of them consists seven Guardians, who protect the Elemental Gates from any who deign to light the flares of the Lighthouses. Then there is the Inner Circle, consisting of twelve even more powerful Darkness Residents who guard the keys to my master's palace in the Realm of Darkness. And finally, there is I, the ever-loyal subject who will travel any distance in any world or realm to relay messages to those of whom my master has taken notice."

"Does that answer your question, little worm?"
The angel finished mockingly, licking her lips as if looking at an appetizing meal.
Zerifachias
Zerifachias
Totes-Mcgoats
Totes-Mcgoats

Back to top Go down

Post by Masquerade Sun Jan 22, 2012 11:33 am

"The Dark Realm. An interesting thought," Mia spoke flatly, mostly to herself after the angel had given her long-winded explanation. From the start, she hadn't felt an ounce of fear, only somewhat of a sense of familiarity. Regardless, she merely listened to what everyone was saying. She had no care over the matters at all, but it was good to know what they would be encountering in the future. By the sounds of it, it would be rather tedious to do on their own. The busier it keeps us, the better, Mia thought, shooting a wicked glare at Melody. It'll keep her more than occupied.

From the start, Melody had tried to sense the angel's emotions, but it was proving to be rather difficult, if not completely impossible. Too much darkness? she thought before just shaking her head. At least she was open enough to make her intentions clear. "Don't you have a message to deliver?" Melody spoke up with a smile. "Surely it wasn't to come and tell us all about this stuff. I imagined it would be something more specific...or sinister," she explained. "There doesn't seem a point to send a message with details concerning what it is we'll facing later on; if this Sage of Darkness wanted us to fail, it would be best to keep those things secret."
Masquerade
Masquerade
Eternal Dreamer
Eternal Dreamer

https://eternaldream.forummotion.com

Back to top Go down

Post by Zerifachias Sun Jan 22, 2012 12:11 pm

The angel raised a non-existent eyebrow at the empath before bursting out into laughter. It was a sickly, maniacal laughter that equaled that of screeching mermaids. The laughter slowly died and the corrupt angel raised her hand in front of her. A dark orb formed just beneath her palm, which was facing downwards. The orb suddenly expanded out, forming a long pole with an odd design at the end. This design was like a cross when connected with the handle, but cutting through the middle of the separate ends of the spear was a circular blade. The spear looked dangerous, to say the least.

The angel slammed the end of the spear into the ground, causing parts of the floor to crack under the force of the blow. "My telling you of the Guardians and of the Inner Circle will do you no good, other than keeping count in your head. If you can't win against me, you have no chance against them. But my message comes to you from the Sage of Darkness, and this is it."

The angel cleared her throat, and with a loud, deep tone, the angel's voice blasted out of her mouth with much intensity. "To the Sage of Light and the insignificant worms that accompany her, I, the Sage of Darkness, will not allow you to interfere with my destiny. The Shadow will overrun the Light in due time, not even you can stop me. If you do manage to make it through my subjects and find me, I will accept your challenge and show you the true meaning of power!

"You were foolish to begin your journey, and you will see precisely why when the Light has been overrun by my legion."

New Objective!
-Defeat Deviahn the Messenger!

Achievement Opportunity!
-No Problem - Overkill Deviahn the Messenger (100 Points)

Area: The Temple of Water; The Ocean's Staircase
Atmosphere: Death and Darkness Await (5% Evade to Allied characters)
Soundtrack: ~The Messenger~

( ) (p) ( ) (p) ( ) (p) ( ) (p) ( ) A
( ) ( ) ( ) ( ) ( ) ( ) ( ) ( ) ( ) B
( ) (p) ( ) ( ) ( ) ( ) ( ) (p) ( ) C
( ) ( ) ( ) ( ) (b) ( ) ( ) ( ) ( ) D
( ) (p) ( ) ( ) (D) ( ) ( ) (p) ( ) E
( ) ( ) ( ) ( ) ( ) ( ) ( ) ( ) ( ) F
( ) (p) ( ) ( ) ( ) ( ) ( ) (p) ( ) G
( ) ( ) ( ) ( ) ( ) ( ) ( ) ( ) ( ) H
( ) (p) ( ) ( ) (S) (H) ( ) (p) ( ) I
( ) ( ) ( ) ( ) ( ) ( ) ( ) ( ) ( ) J
-1---2---3---4---5---6---7---8---9

Hikari (REM Cleric)
Lvl 12
HP: 45/45
MP: 70/70
ATK: 0
DEF: 11
INT: 21
SPR: 13
Move: 2

Sekai (Martial Artist)
Lvl 12
HP: 70/70
MP: 40/40
ATK: 25
DEF: 13
INT: 0
SPR: 8
Move: 4

Deviahn (The Blackened Hand)
Lvl 15
HP: 865/865
MP: 1000/1000
Atk: 22
Def: 18
Int: 23
Spr: 19

(p) - Pillar (Indestructible) - These are made of a strange material...

(b) - Light of the Water Temple

~Player characters may start in rows I-J~
Zerifachias
Zerifachias
Totes-Mcgoats
Totes-Mcgoats

Back to top Go down

Post by Xenosaga Sun Jan 22, 2012 5:25 pm

With the corrupted angel revealing herself to be an enemy, Amaya snapped her eye away from the pillars in the room. Releasing Rai's hand, she stepped back, ribbons rising into the air around her. A gentle wind blew around her as the temperature dropped ever so steadily in the area she stood in.

[Amaya] starts at [J-4].

"Don't underestimate us too much," Rai warned with a razor sharp smile, pulling free both her weapons from their place and readying herself into a stance. The gold in her eyes seemed to darken while the pupils slit vertically. "We're quite stubborn." She wasn't the least bit intimidated by the corrupted angel for she had seen far worse things. Still, it appeared as if she was quite strong. The party would have to be cautious when dealing with this woman.

[Rai] starts at [I-4].
Xenosaga
Xenosaga
Never Awaken
Never Awaken

Back to top Go down

Post by Masquerade Sun Jan 22, 2012 6:52 pm

Melody starts at J6.

Melody adjusted her bracelet as an apparent battle was underway. She didn't like that it had come to this, but it could not be helped. To accomplish their goal, the darkness along the way would have to be extinguished. She was a bit worried, but with all of them working together, there would be no problems, to be sure. "Stay strong, everyone," she said to her companions, tone determined. She wouldn't back down from the challenge.

Mia starts at I7.

"Let us proceed," Mia stated, almost eagerly. She drew her blade slowly this time, steadying it before her. Within the depths of her mind, she braced herself for a difficult fight, but it was often fights like these that allowed one to get stronger. Strength had been something Mia sought for quite some time. She hadn't realized it much until now, but she had grown over the course of the journey in skill. Such trivial thoughts, Mia scolded herself. Best left to the prattling psychic. With that, Mia was ready.
Masquerade
Masquerade
Eternal Dreamer
Eternal Dreamer

Back to top Go down

Post by Zerifachias Sun Jan 22, 2012 7:11 pm

"I have no intentions of underestimating you," The corrupted angel's eyes sparkled towards Rai, "But I have every intention of killing you, you delicious little worm."

New Objective!

Achievement Opportunity!

( ) ( ) ( ) ( ) ( ) ( ) ( ) ( ) ( ) F
( ) (p) ( ) ( ) ( ) ( ) ( ) (p) ( ) G
( ) (p) ( ) (R) (S) (H) (I) (p) ( ) I
( ) ( ) ( ) (A) ( ) (M) ( ) ( ) ( ) J

Hikari (REM Cleric)
Lvl 12
MP: 70/70

Sekai (Martial Artist)
Lvl 12
HP: 70/70
MP: 40/40

Melody (Empath)
Lvl 12
HP: 40/40
MP: 60/60
Atk: 1
Def: 11
Int: 21
Spr: 14
Movement: 2 cells

Mia (Havocmaker)
Lvl 12
HP: 65/65
MP: 50/50
Atk: 18
Def: 12
Int: 2
Spr: 10
Movement: 4

Amaya (Cold Guardian)
Lvl 12
HP: 20/20
MP: 65/65
ATK: 11
DEF: 9
INT: 19

Rai (King's Guard)
Lvl 12
HP: 85/85
MP: 25/25
ATK: 22
DEF: 15
INT: 1
SPR: 9
MOVE: 3

Deviahn (The Blackened Hand)
Lvl 15
HP: 865/865
MP: 1000/1000
Def: 16
Int: 19
Spr: 15

Player Phase I

"Here!" Hikari moved back a bit, to a point where her friends were surrounding her, all except Mia. Hikari would have to accept that though as she placed the end of her staff against the blue floor. A barrier of light suddenly arose from around her, wrapping around Hikari and those who were surrounding her. It was a protective field, that would prevent any sort of physical attack from doing too much damage. "Now you don't have to fear retaliation as much. But please, do be careful everyone."

Hikari moves to J-5

Hikari casts No Zone! Bestows Protect! Hikari, Sekai, Melody, Amaya, and Rai are affected!

MP: 54/70

"Thanks Hikari," Sekai said quickly before disappearing from sight in a flash of light and insane speed. She soon appeared directly in front of the angel, in the air. She used her steel bar to keep her balanced in the air as her legs split and spun rapidly, giving them a wind current as Sekai slammed her legs into Deviahn as fast and as hard as she could. After a few hits, Sekai became tired and pushed herself off with her steel bar, landing on her feet and holding up her bar, ready to defend at a moments notice.

Sekai moves to F-5

Sekai uses Tornado Kick on Deviahn! 30 Atk Wind DMG! 8 hits!

MP: 30/40

Last edited by Zerflah on Mon Jan 23, 2012 12:31 pm; edited 3 times in total
Zerifachias
Zerifachias
Totes-Mcgoats
Totes-Mcgoats

Back to top Go down

Post by Xenosaga Mon Jan 23, 2012 9:27 am

With only one enemy, it made no sense for her to attack as she usually did. Her ribbons rose around her and she tilted her head in thought. After a moment, the long slips of fabric lowered themselves to float around her being. Raising a hand, she pointed at the woman in front of her, eye glowing slightly as she placed a small ice crest on Rai. It would protect the woman from most damage, along with the protection the princess had bestowed upon them. Rai flashed a smile in thanks at both of them, no time for idle chit-chat.

[Amaya] casts Frozen Coating on [Rai]. Decreases damage taken by 10%.
MP: 56/65

[Rai] moves to [G-4].

With distance being the only problem between her and their enemy, Rai used that time to relax. Closing her eyes, she breathed in and out, timing it until she was falling into a trance. Like this, she would be able to pinpoint where to attack to inflict the most damage she could. They would need it if they were to fight someone like this.

[Rai] uses Silent Momentum. Increases ATK by 50%.
MP: 19/25

Last edited by Xenosaga on Mon Jan 23, 2012 5:12 pm; edited 1 time in total
Xenosaga
Xenosaga
Never Awaken
Never Awaken

Back to top Go down

Post by Masquerade Mon Jan 23, 2012 12:45 pm

Melody uses Meditate! [User INT and SPR +20%]

MP: 52/60

Now more than ever, she had to focus. Any distracting thoughts were sent scattering as the psychic energy began to pulse through her body. "We'll give it our all," she whispered to herself as she figured the focus was sufficient enough. Only the energy was allowed to flow through her mind. It was almost as if she were...hollow. Empty. Just a vessel for the power. Her eyes shined with the energy, unblinking. Not a word escaped her lips, nor would a single one for as long as she needed the concentration.

Melody waits.

Mia uses Word: Flow Blade! [Number of hits for basic attacks and skills x2]

MP: 36/50

"In a single moment...that's all it takes to fail," she stated to no one in particular, though it was out loud. "Waver." With that, she traced a finger down the length of her blade from base to tip causing it to do exactly as she commanded, wavering as if it were an illusion. She placed the blade in front of her, holding her ground for the time being. Her plan counted on a certain fact, and she was sure it would work. She ignored the fact that she had not been protected; it wasn't as if she needed it. Mia sneered for a moment and she noticed a spark of dark lightning dance across her arm. "...."

Mia waits.
Masquerade
Masquerade
Eternal Dreamer
Eternal Dreamer

Back to top Go down

Post by Zerifachias Mon Jan 23, 2012 5:19 pm

Deviahn takes 98 DMG! (Sekai - Blocked)

New Objective!

Achievement Opportunity!

( ) ( ) ( ) ( ) (S) ( ) ( ) ( ) ( ) F
( ) (p) ( ) (R) ( ) ( ) ( ) (p) ( ) G
( ) (p) ( ) ( ) ( ) ( ) (I) (p) ( ) I
( ) ( ) ( ) (A) (H) (M) ( ) ( ) ( ) J

Deviahn raised her eyebrows at Sekai, who crouched in front of the angel, ready for any onslaught. She rubbed her chin where Sekai had hit her, seemingly baffled, as if wondering what had happened. "That wasn't very nice, you know," the corrupted angel spoke, raising her spear before swiping it at the martial artist, who quickly responded with a duck to dodge and a fist in the angel's gut to counter.

Deviahn attacks Sekai! 22 Atk DMG!

Sekai dodges and counters! 25 Atk DMG!

Deviahn grunted once, not expecting such a quick counter, but thought nothing more of it. "Fine, if you're going to be like that, then..." Deviahn suddenly took flight and whirled around to Sekai's blind spot and quickly stabbed the place where Sekai's shadow was. Sekai's reaction was immediate, she coughed and fell to her knees, a sharp pain shooting through her stomach. Deviahn removed her spear from the ground. "That's much better, don't you agree?"

Deviahn moves to G-5

Deviahn uses Stalking Shadows on Sekai! 41 Atk DMG!

"I don't like it when my enemies dodge my attacks," Deviahn said smugly to the fallen Sekai, who was still conscious but in pain. "So I'll just use something you can't dodge, hm?" Suddenly distracted by something, the angel looked over to where Mia was and smirked, licking her lips. In a flash, the angel was gone, but she soon reappeared in front of Mia and slammed their lips together.

What looked like kissing to those around them, what Mia felt was not pleasant. It was as if her very life energy was being sucked out of her core. The angel was, quite literally, sucking out her soul and eating her. It was over in a second, and the angel materialized back to where she started, cackling like a witch. "That was delicious, little worm," the angel mocked, "I hope to meet you again, you devilish woman."

Deviahn's S-Ability: Symphonic Syphonja activates! Absorbs 5 MP from Mia!

( ) (p) ( ) ( ) ( ) ( ) ( ) (p) ( ) E
( ) (p) ( ) (R) (D) ( ) ( ) (p) ( ) G
( ) (p) ( ) ( ) ( ) ( ) (I) (p) ( ) I
( ) ( ) ( ) (A) (H) (M) ( ) ( ) ( ) J

Hikari (REM Cleric) *Protect -3-*
Lvl 12
MP: 54/70

Sekai (Martial Artist) *Protect -3-*
Lvl 12
HP: 62/70
MP: 30/40

Melody (Empath) *Meditate -3-**Protect -3-*
Lvl 12
HP: 40/40
Int: 21----25
Spr: 14----17

Mia (Havocmaker) *x2 Hits*
Lvl 12
HP: 65/65
MP: 31/50

Amaya (Cold Guardian) *Protect -3-*
Lvl 12
HP: 20/20
MP: 56/65

Rai (King's Guard) *Silent Momentum -3-**Protect -3-**-10% DMG Taken -3-*
Lvl 12
HP: 85/85
MP: 19/25
ATK: 22----33

Deviahn (The Blackened Hand) *Haste*
Lvl 15
HP: 767/865
MP: 988/1000

Player Phase II

"Sekai! You okay?!" Hikari nearly screamed, she knew something like this was bound to happen at some point. Hikari knew know that if she had not cast her guardian spell on her, then Sekai would have taken a lot more damage. Hikari's eyes flitted over to Mia, who had not received the benefits of her spell.

"Yeah, I'm alright, you just focus on what you're doing," Sekai responded, slowly getting back on her feet and glaring up at the corrupt angel. Which was when the angel materialized over by Mia, and kissed her. Both Hikari's and Sekai's mouths dropped when they saw, but Hikari was the first to close her mouth, realizing what was happening. After the angel's little...skit...Sekai shivered, repulsed.

Hikari then rushed over to where Mia was, raising her staff and deploying the protective barrier around her. "Here Mia, this will help. I'm sorry for not getting you in the first round." Hikari apologized needlessly. She, Mia, was lucky that the angel didn't target her instead of Sekai without the barrier to protect her. They would have likely already seen a casualty if that had been the case.

Hikari moves to J-7

Hikari casts No Zone! Bestows Protect! Hikari, Melody, and Mia are affected!

Sekai finally managed to get on her feet, much to the amusement of Deviahn. The angel's smirk was really pissing Sekai off, and she channeled all of that emotion to her legs. With a powerful, downward push, Sekai leaped into the air and twisted, her legs catching fire from the speed and strength of her two kicks. "Burn, bitch!" Sekai shouted, after hitting the second time. Sekai landed on her feet, her fists up and ready for more fighting.

Sekai uses Flaming Kick on Deviahn! 30 Atk Fire DMG! 2 hits!

MP: 25/30
Zerifachias
Zerifachias
Totes-Mcgoats
Totes-Mcgoats

Back to top Go down

Post by Xenosaga Mon Jan 23, 2012 5:56 pm

[Amaya] moves to [I-3].

Unfazed by the spectacle that had just occurred, Amaya stared at the winged being. She then stepped over to the side, away from the back area and toward the pillars. It gave her some distance from the strange woman and allowed her the perfect place to attack as well. Flicking her wrist, an icicle erupted from the ground beneath the corrupted angel.

[Amaya] casts Icicle on [Deviahn]. 25 Ice INT DMG.
MP: 50/65

Perfect. She hadn't expected this being - Deviahn, was it? - to move right next to her. But this was better for her, seeing as how she wouldn't have to chase the woman all over the field. With her power up, she would be able to deal a decent amount of damage, so long as the woman didn't block it. Launching herself forward, she dealt three spin kicks in quick succession before finishing it with a slam against the corrupted angel's body with her weapons.

[Rai] uses Dancing Rondo on [Deviahn]. 47 ATK DMG. 3 hits. 58 ATK DMG, last hit.
MP: 3/25
Xenosaga
Xenosaga
Never Awaken
Never Awaken

Back to top Go down

Post by Masquerade Mon Jan 23, 2012 7:02 pm

Melody attacks Deviahn! 2 hits! 25 Dmg per hit! (INT)

Melody hadn't flinched at all from the angel's actions. Even when she had moved towards Mia, surely up to no good. Her eyes remained glued to her target. She raised a hand and fired two invisible blasts of psychic energy in quick succession towards the winged...what Melody would call 'beast', for no angel could claim that title after succumbing to darkness. The empath lowered her arm, though she knew it would be put to more use and soon at that. For now, she would wait. Nothing passing through that mind of hers except an ultimate end to the enemy that remained before them.

Melody waits.

After seeing the assault against Sekai, Mia really had figured there wouldn't be anything to worry about for the immediate moment, though she still remained wary of impending attacks. What she didn't expect was for the corrupted angel to appear before her and plant her very lips upon the young girl's own. Mia's eyes were wide in angry shock before they closed. Her body seemed to cringe a bit as her part of her very essence was drained out of her. She placed her hands on Deviahn's forearms and held on tightly as she finished the action, and when the angel had disappeared, Mia panted, opening her eyes once more. The grip on her katana tightened.

"Not bad," she muttered nonchalantly, slashing the air and disappearing through the portal left in its wake. She reappeared before the angel. "Thanks, Hikari." It tasted gross upon her tongue, even moreso than the angel's own lips upon hers, but it was necessary. She was thankful, so why not voice it? Mia growled as she realized there was no time for thoughts like that. She immediately unleashed a flurry of blows against the angel, just to get things started.

R-Ability Flurry Rush activates!

Mia moves to G6 and launches a basic attack! 8 hits! 18 Dmg per hit!

Mia moves to D6.

"I'm afraid we're not quite done." Mia pushed hard against the ground in a graceful backwards leap landing not too far away. As soon as her feet touched the ground, she vanished, a sword slashing Deviahn from seemingly nowhere. Mia reappeared and took a step forward. Any remnants of shadows in the area came to life and surrounded her, plunging into the ground and diving back up such that Mia dealt and upwards slash to Deviahn, causing the girl to go airborne while a shadow version of herself charged forth from her original position and slashed at Deviahn again. Mia sliced the air while she was flying and reappeared safely on the ground where she had been standing before.

Mia uses Quick Dream on Deviahn! 2 hits! 20 Dmg per hit! (ATK) [User is allowed to take another action]

MP: 21/50

Mia uses Focus: Shadow Step on Deviahn! 4 hits! 27 Dmg per hit! (ATK)

MP: 5/50
Masquerade
Masquerade
Eternal Dreamer
Eternal Dreamer

Back to top Go down

Post by Zerifachias Mon Jan 23, 2012 7:53 pm

Deviahn takes 28 DMG! (Sekai)

Deviahn evades Burn!

Deviahn takes 10 DMG! (Melody - 2nd hit blocked)

Deviahn takes 68 DMG! (Mia)

Deviahn takes 10 DMG! (Amaya)

Deviahn's R-Ability: Silencing Strike activates! 18 Atk DMG!

Amaya evades Silence!

Deviahn takes 104 DMG! (Rai - 3rd hit blocked)

New Objective!

Achievement Opportunity!

( ) ( ) ( ) ( ) (b) (I) ( ) ( ) ( ) D
( ) (p) (A) ( ) ( ) ( ) ( ) (p) ( ) I
( ) ( ) ( ) ( ) ( ) (M) (H) ( ) ( ) J

Deviahn frowned and shielded herself from the onslaught of attacks, looking around at those who were attacking her, which was basically everyone except the prospective sage. Deviahn thought little of the sage, believing her to be little more than a nuisance. They were all annoying little gnats, and she wasn't sure what to do next. But she did quickly slash the ice-girl's throat for attacking her with such cold magic. But to no avail. The girl still stood and still could use mana.

A cold, dead aura began to release from the angel's psyche. Deviahn was going mad. Truly, horribly mad with indecisiveness. She wasn't sure which one she wanted to cut up first, they were all attacking her. "Oh..." the angel moaned, as if holding in pleasure. "If I can't decide who to cut first...then I'll just cut all of you..." With an insane cackle, the angel raised her spear and disappeared in a flash. A series of quick strikes and she was back to where she started, after having torn apart the flesh of most everyone. "There, now all of you are bleeding!" Deviahn shrieked with maniacal laughter.

Deviahn uses Targeting Madness! 25 Atk DMG! 3 hits to all enemies!

"Huh?"
Deviahn stopped laughing, looking around. Only a few of them were bleeding. Disappointing, very, very disappointing. She laughed, "Well, it looks like you have some durability after all!" Deviahn's eyes rested on Rai, the one that had caused her the most pain previously. "Shall I start with you?" Deviahn suddenly lashed out with her spear, stabbing the knight through, her spear cloaked in darkness. Deviahn released all of her hostile emotions into that spear, which burned into the knight's mind until it was the only thing there. Deviahn jerked back, removing her spear, and laughed.

Deviahn uses Banishing Spear on Rai! 25 Atk DMG! Chance of Misfortune! Chance of Apathy!

Rai is Misfortuned!

Rai is Apathic!

The corrupted angel's eyes suddenly flickered over to where Amaya was. She was hiding from her, but still in range to attack. How delightful. Deviahn faded from existence, quickly materializing to where the child was and snatching her by the throat, pulling her up off her feet until Amaya was eye level with the angel. "You look delicious," Deviahn whispered maliciously, breathing on the ice woman as she slowly drew closer to the girl, planting her black lips onto Amaya's own cold ones. A forked tongue entered Amaya's mouth and attached- yes, attached- to Amaya's tongue. With a few sucking motions, Deviahn finally let go and dropped the girl, satisfied with her profit. Again the angel materialized back to where she was.

"The little worms always have the sweetest flavors," Deviahn spoke wistfully, her malevolent grin never fading from her face.

Deviahn's S-Ability: Symphonic Syphonja activates! Amaya is drained of 7 MP!

( ) ( ) ( ) ( ) (b) (I) ( ) ( ) ( ) D
( ) ( ) ( ) ( ) ( ) (M) (H) ( ) ( ) J

Hikari (REM Cleric) *Protect -3-*
Lvl 12
HP: 39/45
MP: 38/70

Sekai (Martial Artist) *Protect -2-*
Lvl 12
HP: 59/70
MP: 25/40

Melody (Empath) *Meditate -3-**Protect -3-*
Lvl 12
HP: 34/40

Mia (Havocmaker) *x2 Hits* *Protect -3-*
Lvl 12
HP: 62/65

Amaya (Cold Guardian) *Protect -2-*
Lvl 12
HP: 11/20
MP: 43/65

Rai (King's Guard) *Silent Momentum -2-**Protect -2-**-10% DMG Taken -3-**Misfortune -3-**Apathy -3-*
Lvl 12
HP: 81/85

Lvl 15
HP: 547/865
MP: 952/1000

Player Phase III

"Oh my..." Hikari put her hand to her mouth when she saw Amaya being the next one to be kissed. She wasn't quite expecting that. Hikari attempted to shake her mind of that occurrance and focused on Rai, who was surely wanting vengeance. Hikari knew how Rai got when it came to Amaya being in danger. She raised her staff and pointed it down towards Rai before realizing she was out of range and moved forward, casting her magic as she went.

Hikari moves to J-5

Hikari uses Frosty Dream on Rai! Target: Misfortune.

MP: 24/70

"Oi! Wench! Put your eyes on me!" Sekai shouted, furious. She slammed her pole into the ground again, throwing herself up into the air and spinning, her legs spread wide and catching the wind as she smacked the shit out of the angel's pretty face. Each hit held all of Sekai's strength and rage as she attempted to either kill the angel or catch her attention.

Sekai uses Tornado Kick on Deviahn! 30 Atk Wind DMG! 8 hits!

MP: 15/35
Zerifachias
Zerifachias
Totes-Mcgoats
Totes-Mcgoats

Back to top Go down

Post by Xenosaga Fri Jan 27, 2012 6:59 am

It was not something she was used to, to say the least. Amaya did nothing as the corrupted angel ravaged her mouth before releasing her. Landing daintily on her feet, it seemed as if nothing had happened, with how nonchalant the child was acting about it. Turning away from the enemy, she walked forward, silent.

[Amaya] moves to [G-3].

Raising a slender finger, the child pointed at the fighter. A ice crest formed somewhere on the girl's body and Amaya figured it was enough. She couldn't attack the woman without retaliation and Amaya wasn't interested in continuously having her throat cut. She did realize she was close to the battlefield but being near Rai was enough.

[Amaya[ casts Frozen Coating on [Sekai]. Decreases damage taken by 10%.
MP: 34/65

Knuckles white from clutching her weapons too tightly, lips pursed into a thin line, and the complete and utter lack of warmth she usually radiated. To say Rai was furious was an understatement. To say she wanted to rip the being in front of her to shreds was also an understatement. She did not hate, but she did get angry. Reigning in her inner screams of rage and the fire curling in her chest, Rai slowly turned to Amaya, who had somehow ended up behind her without her noticing.

"Are you alright, Amaya?" the knight inquired, a concerned frown on her face. The child nodded once and Rai smiled. That was all she needed to know. Kneeling down, she pulled her charge into a gentle embrace, closing her eyes as she allowed the child's soothing cold wrap around her. She would protect Amaya until her dying breath.

After a few moments, Rai released her. Standing back on her feet, the knight spun around, only to deal a series of slashes at the corrupted angel. Gold eyes narrowed and fierce, she cut into the woman with all the intention of making her bleed.

[Rai] attacks [Deviahn]. 40 ATK DMG. 4 hits. Chance of Bleeding.
Xenosaga
Xenosaga
Never Awaken
Never Awaken

Back to top Go down

Post by Masquerade Fri Jan 27, 2012 7:27 pm

Melody uses Psychic Rain! 6 randomized hits! 20 Dmg per hit! (INT) [Attack persists for 3 turns]

MP: 24/60

Melody raised a hand and fired a blast of psychic energy into the air. The blast, invisible to everyone but Melody, caused the air to ripple and formed a vortex. From within the vortex, invisible arrows of more psychic energy rained down upon the area, but with only one target, there was no need to be widespread. In quick succession like a machine gun, the arrows shot down towards Deviahn. Melody kept her focus, allowing the vortex to stay open to unleash more assaults for a while. Her trance-like state was beginning to fade a bit, and she found herself thinking again. Definitely a tough foe...I have to hand it to them; these beings of darkness refuse to go down without a fight, she thought worriedly, glancing over at Mia only to cause her fear to increase. What was happening to that girl? The look in her beautiful golden eyes was stoic like normal, but the flickering of shadowy bolts of lightning, dancing across the girl's form every once in a while...it was frightening to Melody. Fiddling with her bracelet, she brushed the thought from her mind to figure out what she was going to next and quick.

Melody waits.

Mia moves to G6.

Mia attacks Deviahn! 8 hits! 18 Dmg per hit! (ATK)

With no mana with which to perform her skills, Mia dashed forth and unleashed a barrage of blows onto the corrupted angel, her weapon's own ability to strike twice quickly along with the wavering effect she had placed upon it amplifying the amount of slashes that actually connected with her target. She kept her blade still. She noticed the sparks of shadows that danced across her but ignored them. They were but mere distractions, and with that thought, they were quelled, not deigning to flash into existence again.
Masquerade
Masquerade
Eternal Dreamer
Eternal Dreamer

Back to top Go down

Post by Zerifachias Fri Jan 27, 2012 8:48 pm

Deviahn takes 98 DMG! (Sekai - 6th hit blocked)

Deviahn takes 25 DMG! (Melody - 3rd hit blocked)

Deviahn takes 16 DMG! (Mia)

Deviahn takes 96 DMG! (Rai)

Psychic Rain is assaulting the opposition! -3-

New Objective!

Achievement Opportunity!

( ) (p) (A) (R) (D) (I) ( ) (p) ( ) G
( ) (p) ( ) ( ) ( ) ( ) ( ) (p) ( ) I
( ) ( ) ( ) ( ) (H) (M) ( ) ( ) ( ) J

Deviahn suddenly looked down at her arm, the only one she had, and frowned. Something was wrong. She was losing feeling in her nerves. Twisting her wrist and flexing her joints, Deviahn grinned at those who assaulted her. It was nearly time for her to reveal her big attack, but first...

Deviahn's R-Ability: Silencing Strike activates on Melody! 18 Atk DMG!

Melody evades Silence!

Deviahn suddenly flapped back down to the ground. Her movements had been so quick, no one noticed that she actually moved. Deviahn had actually aimed to slice open Melody's throat, but just barely missed her vocal cords, so she would still be able to cast magic, much to Deviahn's disappointment.

"The magicians of your group are surprisingly durable," Deviahn said condescendingly, not actually praising them for their valor or strength. A corrupted angel would never do such a thing. "But I'm afraid my time is running short, and I don't feel like dealing with you weaklings for much longer." She said that, but she really felt threatened at this point. The Messenger didn't show her true emotions, merely masked it with her hostility and malice as she grinned evilly at her enemies.

Deviahn's three wings beat powerfully, lifting her off of the ground and into the air. She pointed he spear upwards, a dark energy beginning to cloak the weapon before she swung it down upon Rai, slicing through the woman's shoulder and covering her in a plume of dark magic.

Deviahn uses Eclipse on Rai! 23 Atk DMG! 32 Int DMG! Chance of Bleeding! Chance of Blind!

Rai evades Bleeding!

Rai is Blind!

"You're next, you little worm," Deviahn turned her gaze onto Sekai, and was about to attack, before remembering how Sekai countered her abilities from before. Deviahn didn't want that to happen again. "Maybe later..." Deviahn was out for blood, and there just so happened to be another swordswoman beside her. Deviahn licked her lips and grinned mischievously. Similar to the attack used on Rai, Deviahn lifted herself up and slashed downward on the Havocmaker, enveloping the girl in a cloud of dark magic.

Deviahn uses Eclipse on Mia! 23 Atk DMG! 32 Int DMG! Chance of Bleeding! Chance of Blind!

Mia is Bleeding!

Mia is Blind!

"Ah, yes," Deviahn shivered with delight upon seeing blood spurt from the wound on Mia's shoulder. "That is so exhilarating..." Deviahn felt the lust within her own being rise up, and she looked around for a target of her sensual desires. Seeing the sage, Deviahn licked her lips, soon materializing over to where Hikari was. Her weapon had disappeared, and she entwined her left leg with Hikari's right, trapping the poor girl in her embrace as she slowly licked the soft skin of Hikari's neck with her forked tongue. Deviahn somehow managed to sneak her only hand into Hikari's robes, groping her chest shamelessly as she slammed her lips against the prospective sage's own, forcing her way inside the girl's mouth.

Deviahn reveled in the horrified look on Hikari's face, and was sure to part slowly from the girl's mouth, groping the areas beneath the waist with pleasure for a little while before disappearing back to where she originally was. Deviahn blew a kiss in Hikari's direction.

Deviahn's Symphonic Syphonja activates! Hikari is drained of 7 MP!

Hikari (REM Cleric) *Protect -2-*
Lvl 12
HP: 39/45
MP: 17/70

Sekai (Martial Artist) *Protect -1-**-10% DMG -3-*
Lvl 12
HP: 59/70
MP: 15/40

Melody (Empath) *Meditate -2-**Protect -2-*
Lvl 12
HP: 34/40

Mia (Havocmaker) *x2 hits -1-**Protect -2-**Blind -3-**Bleeding -3-*
Lvl 12
HP: 39/65

Amaya (Cold Guardian) *Protect -1-*
Lvl 12
HP: 11/20

Rai (King's Guard) *Silent Momentum -1-**Protect -1-**-10% DMG Taken -2-**Apathy -2-**Blind -3-*
Lvl 12
HP: 60/85

Lvl 15
HP: 312/865
MP: 911/1000

Player Phase IV

"Ugh!" Hikari spat, disgusted. When she encountered the corrupted angel, she tasted something foul in the messenger's mouth, something that caused Hikari to feel bile rise up in her mouth. Surely it was the darkness that surrounded the corrupt angel, this beast. Hikari, as one closely intertwined with the Light, could not stand those closely intertwined with the Shadow. "That was disgusting." Revolted, Hikari raised her staff, looking around at the others. There were too many injured, too many with too many issues. Mia and Rai were covered in dark clouds, Mia was bleeding, Rai was dealing with...a lot. Hikari couldn't make out most of her problems. But they needed the guard, so Hikari raised her staff and pointed at Rai, knowing that after this, she would need to refill her mana supplies.

Hikari casts Frosty Dream on Rai! Target: Blind.

"Damn it! Wretched whore, keep your eyes on me!" Sekai seemed incredibly frustrated that Deviahn continued to ignore her. Maybe being so crafty and dodging all the attacks that were thrown at her...maybe that wasn't a good thing if it meant forcing the enemy to attack others weaker than her. Not that Sekai thought Rai or Mia were weaker, quite the opposite. But Melody, Amaya, and Hikari's defenses were nowhere near hers, Rai's, or Mia's. Still, there wasn't much Sekai could do, they needed all the power they could get.

"Cover me, I'm going wild," Sekai growled, already pumping up her nervous system, electricity crackling all around her as her brain waves accelerated. Her ability to increase her muscle usage was certainly one to be admired. Sekai activated every part of her body that she could find, pumping herself up for a final attack.

Sekai uses Electro Boost! Atk increases by 50%!
Zerifachias
Zerifachias
Totes-Mcgoats
Totes-Mcgoats

Back to top Go down

Post by Masquerade Sat Jan 28, 2012 5:02 pm

Melody attacks Deviahn! 2 hits! 25 Dmg per hit! (INT)

Growing a bit frustrated about the lack of objects around, Melody flicked her wrist twice causing twin bursts of invisible psychic energy to go hurtling towards the corrupted angel in succession. In her mind, she could only hope that they were managing to successfully whittle away at this being's stamina. Perhaps soon, she would fall. Taking a moment to glance at Mia who was attacked, she realized she was doing somewhat decently. Melody closed her eyes and focused on sensing the girl's emotions only to find that they were their usual indifference without a hint of anything else. The empath released a sigh of relief before turning her attention back to Deviahn.

Melody waits.

Mia attacks Deviahn! 2 hits! 18 Dmg per hit! QUICK!! (ATK)

Before the corrupted angel even had a chance to attack her, Mia sliced a hole in the air and entered her own little dimension, surging out of it from the angel's left with a couple of adept slashes, lunging back into the hole and back to her original position where she sustained the hit. Shame I cannot control this power, she thought dully as she ignored the wounds she had received. With her wavering blade, she unleashed another torrent of slashes, taking a quick step back as she withdrew her weapon for the last time for that particular assault.

Mia attacks Deviahn! 8 hits! 18 Dmg per hit! (ATK)

Mia moves to G7.
Masquerade
Masquerade
Eternal Dreamer
Eternal Dreamer

Back to top Go down

Post by Xenosaga Sat Jan 28, 2012 11:46 pm

[Amaya] attacks [Deviahn]. 11 ATK DMG. 2 hits.

Sensing something dangerous coming, Rai motioned for the little girl behind her to move away. Amaya tilted her head and, once a moment passed, nodded. After striking the corrupted angel with her ribbons, Amaya stepped back to her original position, before she moved behind Rai. She had never doubted the woman and she would not start now. Maybe this was what trust felt like.

[Amaya] moves to [I-3].

Their opponent was up to something, that was for sure. It seemed she was just waiting for them to attack her. Rai narrowed her eyes, the gold irises flickering and the pupils slitting. She was not in a good mood. The rage within her demanded this woman's blood. She wanted to rip, tear, and cut this woman to pieces. An unnatural sneer crossed her face and, for a moment, it seemed as if fire leaked out from her lips.

Readying her weapons, the knight sliced at the corrupted angel with a burst of speed, striking her quickly and efficiently.

[Rai] attacks [Deviahn]. 40 ATK DMG. 4 hits. Chance of Bleeding.
Xenosaga
Xenosaga
Never Awaken
Never Awaken

Back to top Go down

Post by Zerifachias Sun Jan 29, 2012 7:28 am

Deviahn takes 20 DMG! (Melody)

Deviahn takes 25 DMG! (Psychic Rain - 1st hit blocked)

11 DMG! CRITICAL!! (Mia - QUICK!! - 1st hit Miss)

Deviahn takes 8 DMG! (Mia - 2nd & 4th hit blocked - 3rd & 6th hit Miss)

Deviahn takes 1 DMG! (Amaya - 1st hit blocked)

Deviahn takes 72 DMG! (Rai - 4th hit blocked)

Psychic Rain is assaulting the opposition! -2-

New Objective!

Achievement Opportunity!

( ) (p) ( ) (R) (D) ( ) (I) (p) ( ) G

A sudden, sharp pain ripped through the angel's senses, startling her. She was in danger with the way things were. Looking around at her adversaries, she realized that none of them had fallen from the strength of her power. What was going on? Her powers were far superior to theirs! It should not be that these residents of Light were actually stronger than her!

"Such thoughts," Deviahn growled, "Are foolish to even consider!" Deviahn raised her weapon, concentrating on...something. That something soon became obvious, as the air in the room became sterile, and little. Deviahn was sucking out all the oxygen in the room, she intended to suffocate the entire party!

Deviahn casts Gasping Breath! 19 Int DMG!

Hikari evades Suffocation!

Sekai evades Suffocation!

Melody Suffocates!

Psychic Rain is Cancelled!

Mia evades Suffocation!

Amaya evades Suffocation!

Rai evades Suffocation!

Hikari is afflicted with Pain!

Sekai evades Pain!

Mia evades Pain!

Amaya is afflicted with Pain!

Rai evades Pain!

Releasing her grip on the oxygen in the room, Deviahn was utterly unsatisfied. Only one did not hold their breath strong enough or long enough. What a disappointment, Deviahn began to raise her spear in the air again. She would have to try a second time to kill them.

Deviagn casts Gasping Breath! 19 Int DMG!

Amaya KO!

Hikari Suffocates!

Sekai evades Suffocation!

Mia evades Suffocation!

Rai Suffocates!

Sekai evades Pain!

Mia is afflicted with Pain!

Now that was much better. Deviahn smirked proudly as she gazed upon the battlefield of fallen enemies. Corpses, the lot of them. Only two now stood in her way, and as Deviahn turned to look at them, she took a few steps over to where Mia was. "I'd like to meet you again, little worm," Deviahn spoke...almost happily as she wrapped her arm around Mia's entire body and pressed their lips together for a second time. Deviahn's long arm was still able to reach around and grope Mia's front, and that's exactly what she did.

Shorter though from her visit with Hikari, Deviahn backed off, satisfied with her profit until she laid eyes on Sekai. The girl was literally electrified, her muscles and veins bulging out of her arms and legs. Deviahn's face paled slightly, if that was possible. She made a mistake.

Deviahn's S-Ability: Symphonic Syphonja activates! Mia loses 5 MP!

Hikari (REM Cleric) *KO*
Lvl 12
HP: 0/45
MP: 3/70

Sekai (Martial Artist) *DMG Taken -10% -2-**Electro-Boost -3-*
Lvl 12
HP: 37/70
MP: 11/40
ATK: 25----38

Melody (Empath) *KO*
Lvl 12
HP: 0/40
Int: 21
Spr: 14

Mia (Havocmaker) *Blind -2-**Bleeding -2-**Pain -3-*
Lvl 12
HP: 21/65
MP: 0/50

Amaya (Cold Guardian) *KO*
Lvl 12
HP: 0/20

Rai (King's Guard) *KO*
Lvl 12
HP: 0/85
ATK: 22

Lvl 15
HP: 175/865
MP: 863/1000

Player Phase V

"Hikari..." Sekai growled furiously, not breaking eye contact with the corrupted angel. "You will be avenged, I swear it." Sekai suddenly grabbed the angel by her face and leaped into the air, using her momentum to throw the angel high up. Sekai spun around so that her feet would touch the ground, and, using her powerful muscles and electrified abilities, rocketed up after the angel, spinning around at an insane, dizzying speed. Again, Sekai spread her legs out, catching the wind with her momentum, and slammed Deviahn continuously until they crashed back down on the ground, a large dust cloud rising.

Sekai panted heavily, her energy completely used up. As the dust cloud cleared, it became evident that the angel was downed. "Your first mistake was confronting us. Your second and stupidest mistake was pissing me off. Corrupted whore."

Sekai uses Tornado Kick on Deviahn! 46 Atk DMG! 8 hits!

~

Deviahn takes 180 DMG! (Sekai - 2nd and 4th hit blocked)

Deviahn KO!

New Objective!

Achievement Opportunity!

( ) (p) ( ) (R) ( ) ( ) (I) (p) ( ) G

"Cursed...mortals..." Deviahn coughed, grasping the side of her head as blood trailed down through her left eye, blinding it. Her form was a mangled mess on the cracked floor where she landed. She heaved breaths one after the other, glaring furiously from her blood-red right eye. "This...isn't over!" Deviahn shouted. Her face contorted into a malicious grin and she laughed aloud. "There are still the Guardians of the Gates and the Inner Circle! Their powers far surpasses mine! You will never claim victory over the Blackened Hand!"

Deviahn continued to laugh maniacally as her body began to sink into the ground, where a small, dark portal was sucking her in. Her laughs echoed through the temple, even as the portal was sealed off, leaving the party there to recover from the deadly fight.

Deviahn has been defeated...

THE PARTY IS VICTORIOUS!

Experience Gained:
+16 - Deviahn, The Messenger
+6 - First Boss Fight Completion with no retries! Congratulations!
+2 - Completed before Player Phase X
+2 - No Judgments used
-4 - Player Character KO

Total Experience: 22 (11 for Hikari, Melody, Amaya, and Rai)

Hikari: Level 12
Progress: 33/54---44/54

Sekai: Level 12
Progress: 33/54---55/54
Sekai LEVEL UP!
3 Stat Points earned!
Sekai: Level 13
Progress: 1/54

Melody: Level 12
Progress: 40/54---51/54

Mia: Level 12
Progress: 40/54---62/54
Mia LEVEL UP!
3 Stat Points earned!
Mia: Level 13
Progress: 8/54

Amaya: Level 12

Rai: Level 12

Skill Points Gained:
+1 - Sekai, Mia
+0 - Hikari, Melody, Amaya, Rai

Gold Found: 500

Items Found:
+1 Silver Ring
+1 Great Elixer

~Update your profiles please, and post if you feel like it~
Zerifachias
Zerifachias
Totes-Mcgoats
Totes-Mcgoats

Back to top Go down

Post by Zerifachias Sun Jan 29, 2012 5:05 pm

Suffocation was not the most pleasant feeling in the world.

Those were the thoughts Hikari held in her subconscious as she awoke to see Sekai practically all over her. Her sister held this worried expression that nearly broke her heart to see, but upon Hikari's awakening, Sekai's face lightened.

"Thank god you're alright," Sekai sighed in relief, relaxing a little bit. "Hate to make you work right after waking up, but the others still haven't woken up yet."

"I'll wake them," Hikari said, getting into a sitting position. She looked around at the others, seeing that only Sekai and Mia were still standing. Had they been the only ones able to avoid suffocation? If so, that was a scary thought. They missed eradication by just two. This journey was getting exceedingly more dangerous as they moved on.

Hikari pushed herself to her feet, using Sekai partly as support. She tapped the ground with the end of her staff a few times, sending her mana into the bodies of all her fallen friends. With this, they would wake. They'd feel terrible, but alive. And that's all that mattered at this point.

"There's also the issue of...well, you already know." Sekai smiled, watching Hikari already getting a step of her. Literally. Hikari was headed towards the book that sat on the pedestal in the center of the room. Just as everyone was waking, Hikari reached the book and turned a page or two before putting her staff down and holding up her arms to the ceiling.

"I will now recite the Passage of Light to restore this Temple of it's power," Hikari declared, her head bowed so she could read off of it. But then something happened. She closed her eyes and tilted her head up, and a voice that did not belong to her...no, voices that did not belong to her chanted in unison, "By the decree of the Sage of Light, and of all the Sages of the past, open up to the world, O' Stairway To The Ocean! Radiate with the Light that we bestow upon you, and grant this vessel the power to banish the Light!"

Hikari's beads, the beautiful blue Beads of Light, rose up off of her shoulders and hovered above her head. Then, beams of blue light shot down from the walls, converging at the center, where the beads were. Multiple rays of light danced around the party, eventually being absorbed into the beads.

Just as the final ray of light was absorbed into the beads, Hikari began to regain her composure, only to lose it once more. "We set your Flame alight!" The voices roared, and from Hikari's beads a beam of light shot up into the ceiling, where it was lost to view. A few moments passed and the temple began to shake. Lightly at first, but increasing in intensity before Sekai nearly lost her balance.

Then the rumbling stopped. Another flash of light blinded them, the light being emitted from the walls, but after another second, the light faded, revealing that the blue walls had turned a lighter blue, and were radiating much light. The Temple of Water's fire had been lit.

~

The Beads of Light gain a new power!
Zerifachias
Zerifachias
Totes-Mcgoats
Totes-Mcgoats

Back to top Go down

Post by Xenosaga Sat Feb 04, 2012 10:30 pm

"Rai."

Golden eyes snapped open and pale lips parted to inhale a sudden breath of air. The action caused the air catch in her throat and she choked, gasping as her vision blurred and a sense of nausea hit her. A sharp pain shrieked through her head as her brain worked furiously to reawaken from its almost slumber and her heart beat rapidly in her chest, sending blood flowing through her body once more. Gone was the blue tint against her cheeks, leaving only a sickly pale. A cool hand placed itself on her clammy forehead and she leaned into the feeling gratefully.

"Rai."

Eyes fluttering open-when had they closed?-and vision refocusing, gold irises locked onto the white hovering above her. Moments passed as she attempted to regain control of her body, the voice repeatedly calling her name at intervals of two seconds all the while. Mouth dry and eyelids still attempting to slip down and cover her vision, she forced them to stay open enough that she could look at the being above her. It took her what felt like an eternity to finally realize what had happened.

"Amaya," Rai rasped, voice barely above a whisper. Another streak of pain and the knight winced, eyes flashing. Amaya was silent, keeping her hand pressed against the knight's forehead. She was as still as a statue and looked to be made of marble, with all the light shining on her. Rai chuckled weakly, the action hurting her throat but she ignored it. Fingers twitching, the knight regained control of her limbs and pressed her palms flat against the ground.

Pushing herself up off the floor, Rai flinched at the weakness in her being, her arms nearly collapsing beneath her. Amaya's hand left her forehead and she felt cold fabric press against her shoulders, keeping her from falling back down. Rai gave the girl a weak but grateful smile before attempting to look around. Doing so only made her eyes hurt and she grimaced, eyelids slipping shut to avoid the glare of light around them. Amaya carefully took hold of one of the knight's hands with both of her own, the touch ice cold. But Rai did not mind. It was comforting to say the least.

"The others?" Rai mumbled, unable to speak any louder. She did not attempt to open her eyes again, least she be blinded by the light. The lack of oxygen had almost caused her entire body to shut down. Air was a necessity for a human body. Rai exhaled in the form of a sigh.

"It's brighter now," Amaya began slowly, her mind trying to formulate what to say. "The dark woman is gone. I was . . . ." She trailed off, staring before beginning again. "Incapacitated." Immediately, Rai raised her free hand to touch Amaya's cheek and opened her eyes to mere slits. Indeed, there was a crack on the girl's cheek. Despite her weakened state, Rai's anger spiked and a burst of bloodlust flared from her body. Amaya was quick to remove one of her hands and place it against the woman's chest. Rai's anger cooled and her shoulders slumped.

"I am sorry, Amaya," the knight whispered brokenly, unable to believe she had been unable to protect the child. Her vision blurred once more and a single tear slipped from her eye, trailing down her cheek and falling from her chin to hit the cloth covering her lap with a soundless splash. "I am truly sorry."

Amaya pulled back, replacing her hand back where it had been before she moved it. "Why do you cry when you are not happy?" she inquired, head tilting. She then changed the subject. "You are not the only one who could not breathe. Two others fell as well." Amaya turned her head and indicated both Hikari and Melody. "Melody is still on the ground." Rai sucked in a breath, her ears catching a hint of something in the child's voice. She almost smiled.

"Go see how she is doing," the knight quietly urged, gently pushed the child's shoulder. Amaya's eye flickered toward the knight before she nodded and, getting to her feet, started to make her way toward the psychic. The ribbons left the knight's shoulders and Rai quickly steadied herself before she toppled over from the loss of support. Rai felt another sigh slip from her lips.

When had she become so weak?
Xenosaga
Xenosaga
Never Awaken
Never Awaken

Back to top Go down

Post by Masquerade Sun Feb 05, 2012 9:30 am

Standing there covered in blood, Mia could do nothing as she watched Melody collapse to the ground, and much like the empath, so did some of the others go tumbling down. She herself was used to the lack of oxygen in her own dimension and wasn't immediately taken aback by the move, though she definitely felt the pain, something she just...didn't react to. It was as if she were nothing but a hollow shell. Mia stood still, more blood dripping to the ground as Sekai lunged in and finished the corrupted angel off. Mia thought nothing, not even good riddance. She paid no mind as Hikari went to do whatever it was she was doing; the girl cared not at the moment. As the flame was lit, she felt a bit rejuvenated, but not by much. It hardly had an effect on her at all, but it did bring some relief. Melody still hadn't awoken.

Lost in a dark abyss, Melody was perfectly content to have her consciousness hide forever in the silky shadows, but the light pierced through and she opened her eyes, taking in a deep breath right off, gasping as if she had just been drowning or something. The air was light, and she enjoyed filling her lungs with the sweet, weightless material. She blinked drearily, catching sight of Amaya who was approaching her, but she saw Mia suddenly react, intercepting the girl.

Mia placed a hand on Amaya's shoulder, completely unreactive to the cold. "She's fine. Thank you," was all she said, her voice completely stoic which was usually a good thing in the young girl's case. Releasing Amaya, Mia walked over to Melody and helped her up.

"Thank you, Mia, dear," the empath said, clutching her head a bit. It cleared quickly. The pulsing light of the flame was a brilliant relief. She walked over to Amaya and knelt down, giving the young girl a hug. "And you were coming to help me too, weren't you?" she asked rhetorically. Small clouds of her breath could be seen as she spoke. She shivered and released Amaya. "Thank you very much."
Masquerade
Masquerade
Eternal Dreamer
Eternal Dreamer

Back to top Go down

Post by Zerifachias Sun Feb 05, 2012 10:17 am

Hikari wobbled a little bit, finally regaining control over her body. She didn't fall, but she did feel a bit dizzy. Hikari shook her head and turned around to her friends, who were getting up. With the lit temple, they could essentially stay here forever, but then nothing would get done. They had to move on. Hikari opened her mouth to speak, but was interrupted by the sound of clapping. It was a slow, steady applause, and the sound came from all sides, with no visible source.

"Am I the only one who's hearing that?" Hikari frowned, looking at Sekai. She shook her head no, she could hear it too.

"Well done, little Hikari. Good work Sekai, Melody, Mia, Amaya, and Rai." The voice was much like the clap, it sounded from each and every direction. It was a woman's voice, and was very familiar to Hikari and Sekai. The others had met this woman before as well.

Megaera materialized behind the pedestal, her hands up in front of her, which had finally stopped clapping. The goddess bore a small smile on her visage as she gazed proudly upon the group. "I do hope you don't mind me dropping, hm?"

"Lady Megaera," Hikari looked surprised, "Were you watching us even as we fought that messenger?"

"Of course I was, silly girl. It wouldn't do me any good if you were to die," Megaera replied, raising a thin eyebrow at her. She gave a short laugh, her beautiful tan dress shimmering as she moved. "I've been watching your progress since you left your father's castle."

"And you didn't see fit to help us when we were dying?" Sekai's fist clenched. She was controlling her anger, it wouldn't be good if she lashed out against the unjust goddess. Megaera laughed again.

"Of course not! Do you honestly expect a goddess such as myself to intervene with human problems? Although Deviahn may have originally been Zenus' creation, that fallen one holds no importance to me. Besides, you don't look dead to me." Megaera snapped her fingers, the floor of the temple behind her bending upwards to form a chair, which she promptly sat down in and crossed her legs. Sekai lost it.

"That's bullshit! You're just giving a lame excuse because you didn't want to get your hands dirty!" Sekai roared, taking a few steps forward. Hikari quickly stepped in front of her sister and grabbed her shoulders, attempting to stop her. "Don't stop me Hikari, I have a few words for that woman," Sekai growled.

"Oh, do tell," Megaera said smugly, laughing to herself.

"Sekai, stop it. We can't fight a goddess," Hikari pleaded, pushing Sekai back with all her strength, which was not enough to keep Sekai back for long. "We all survived, Sekai. It was long and hard, and at some points it seemed hopeless, but we did beat that monster. So just...calm down Sekai." Sekai paused, not taking her glare off of Megaera, but eventually relaxed her muscles and took a step back. She folded her arms, content for now with just glaring at Megaera.
Zerifachias
Zerifachias
Totes-Mcgoats
Totes-Mcgoats

Back to top Go down

Post by Xenosaga Sun Feb 05, 2012 10:29 am

It was warm, within her arms. Amaya, for a moment, was lost. But, then again, she usually felt like that. Slowly, her own small arms rose to wrap around the psychic. She closed her eye and, with a little concentration, pulled back the icy chill that emitted from her body so the woman would no longer feel it. To allow the woman to freeze to death just after awakening was not something Amaya felt should be allowed.

Rai, watching the screen, allowed a small smile to spread across her face. The healing power from the temple's light soothed her aches but not enough that she could no longer feel pain. Her throat was still dry, she would need to drink some water soon. With enough strength now to stand, the knight did so and, brushing off her dress, began to slowly make her way over to the three she was watching.

"It is good to see you two are alright," Rai said softly, her voice still slightly raspy. She nodded her head at Mia before her gaze softened at the sight of Amaya showing emotions toward Melody. It was clear to her that the child was learning to express her feelings and soon, she would be able to feel just like everyone else. However, with all that was surely going to happen, Rai was doubtful as to whether or not that was a good thing.

Her attention was suddenly drawn away from the three, however, as the sudden appearance of the goddess Megaera was known. Rai gazed at the unearthly woman but did not speak. She did not wish to.
Xenosaga
Xenosaga
Never Awaken
Never Awaken

Back to top Go down

Post by Sponsored content

Sponsored content

Back to top Go down

Page 15 of 18 Previous  1 ... 9 ... 14, 15, 16, 17, 18  Next