Eternal Dream
Would you like to react to this message? Create an account in a few clicks or log in to continue.

Eternal Dream: Online

+6
Kurio
Zerifachias
Masquerade
Cerani
Xenosaga
Durn
10 posters

Page 4 of 13 Previous  1, 2, 3, 4, 5 ... 11, 12, 13  Next

Go down

Eternal Dream: Online - Page 4 Empty Re: Eternal Dream: Online

Post by Masquerade Thu Nov 29, 2012 9:45 pm

"It's terrible."

I spoke those words with such detest that I don't think I could have made my stance any clearer. Was it not obvious to them now after all of that that there was so much more to this than just an MMO? I figured I had the unfair advantage of sight--my eyes were special, and so were the visions I saw. I was a seer, or at least that was what I deemed myself as for now. It would serve to be my makeshift profession until I discovered what I really was. Regardless, I could see the truth behind this matter, or at least I thought I could. It depended on how trustworthy these so-called video game powers happened to be. They weren't exactly any help in the introductory battle we just had; all I did was spam a single skill, and it felt like I didn't have many at my command, but even out of combat there were still no panels, bars, or menus that displayed any information. This was like real life. At that thought, I listened to Silver spout on about 'the game' and 'healing skills' and 'nasty potions' and I thought about how you would even taste a potion in a game, let alone feel the pain that we just did.

Never before had I experienced that kind of pain, except perhaps the time I had the kidney stone. But other than that, this was horrible. Never before had I felt so tired either. I was just about intent on just having a seat and resting, but I decided to hold my ground and try to maintain my composure. I couldn't get soft now, as if I was even tough before. It would just have been a facade because I'm far from tough in real life. There were reasons why my username was Masquerade over anything else. There were things that lie under the mask, perhaps, that I did not want others to see. I personally didn't think that was the case; the username just sounded cool to me. However, the subconscious is a very vast and confusing place. There's no telling what was going on in there and I didn't particularly care to traverse those realms of my mind. Especially not now.

"If you guys are ready to jet, so am I," I stated my confirmation with a slight, somewhat lighthearted laugh. I don't know what I was laughing at exactly, but perhaps I had lost my mind. No, that wasn't right; my mind was practically already lost. Maybe I did find some sort of sick humor in this, or maybe I was laughing at the ignorance of my two friends, but perhaps they were putting up a front--pretending that everything was all right for the sake of the others, just like I was doing. Now there's a nice thought, I thought, a genuine smile forming on my face.
Masquerade
Masquerade
Eternal Dreamer
Eternal Dreamer

https://eternaldream.forummotion.com

Back to top Go down

Post by Allindur, the Lightfoot Fri Nov 30, 2012 3:19 am

I raised and started stretching my arms. Man, that felt good. The muscle pain from a sudden burst of strengh and adrenaline, the stinging pain from the bites, and still-hot blood from the fight. I hadn't felt this good in a few years. Also, this place was absolutely gorgeous, it was a pitty I had this feeling that we should get going. I sheathed my sword and continued the conversation.

-Oh, come on, guys, this is virtual reality! If attacks didn't hurt and effort didn't tire, there would be no fun! Myself, I'm loving it. But then again I like pain and creepy places, so you go figure.

Ok, now the imperssion was getting stronger, I directed myself to the hole.

-Well, Masq is the man in a priestly dress here, talk to him about the heals.

By the edge of the hole, I took a look down. Boy was it high. I wonder how resistant we are to falling damage here...well, better not to take the chance. I cast a smile at my friends and jump down on a descending root.

-Ok, I love this creepy tree, but this "leave this place" feeling is giving me the creeps. Last man down is goblin fodder!
Allindur, the Lightfoot
Allindur, the Lightfoot
Fleeting Dreamer
Fleeting Dreamer

Back to top Go down

Post by Zerifachias Fri Nov 30, 2012 8:34 pm

Current Basic Attack Damage Output: 120%

I didn't expect the attack until it was right in my face. Quite literally, really. Something assaulted me, I'm assuming that the ghost-like apparition sent a curse my way. I could feel my own body withering on the inside, as if something had happened to me. I felt no pain, but I have a high tolerance for that to begin with. I did feel slightly off, like I didn't have much power. I decided not to use any of my abilities, they may end up not working. That's what I felt like.

I felt something amiss by my side, and looked over. Funnily enough, I didn't see much until I looked up to see that Kuori had changed form. "So he's a player that changes into a big fucking bird-thing?" I murmur to myself, not really paying much attention to the details. That sort of thing could wait, though it did give me an idea.

I raised my pen into the air and wrote the word "wind" in the air. Almost immediately, I felt a slight breeze at my back. When the breeze passed, it became a strong wind, then a whirlwind that ripped through the air to assault the enemy I attacked previously. The one that I weakened. It didn't die immediately, so this game doesn't follow the rules that I'm most used to.

Zeri attacks Lost Spirit [1]!

Zeri's S-Ability: I Have An Idea activates! Damage percentage is increased by 20%! (140%)

...8 Int DMG!

That was the end of that enemy. I could feel that the power of the wind was slightly stronger than that of my lightning before. But I don't think it was because of the element type, it might have to do with something else about my power. Maybe if I tried it one more time...

Again my hand entered the air, the pen spewing forth the ink it held in a long, vertical arc. After just a moment of being suspended there, the ink suddenly changed color to a purple wave, and shot through the closest spirit, the one that had attacked me. The ink split through the ghost's form, making it waver and distort, dealing a different kind of damage.

Zeri attacks Lost Spirit [3]!

Zeri's S-Ability: I Have An Idea activates! Damage percentage is increased by 20%! (160%)

...10 Int DMG!

Current Basic Attack Damage Output: 160%
Zerifachias
Zerifachias
Totes-Mcgoats
Totes-Mcgoats

Back to top Go down

Post by Durn Sat Dec 01, 2012 12:18 pm

Durn starts at D4.

For the first time, really, I think I felt some sort of emotional reaction to this god-forsaken game. My upper lip began to shake, and a little, tingly chill seemed to run down my spine. I was... afraid? Yeah, I guess I was. But it wasn't the fact that a game was scaring me that really made me wonder - I was accustomed to stuff like that, after playing games like Amnesia: The Dark Descent and stuff. The most horrifying thing, though, was that the game could recognize that I was afraid. It registered my shivering lip, and my quivering arms, and my goosebumps, and all of that stuff I'd only ever experienced in the real world.

I stumbled backward, and fell to my behind. I didn't know what to do. I knew that I could use my crystallization powers to save that man, who had been ensnared by the vines, left for dead by only-god-knows-what.

No, there's no way I could do that.

There's no way I could go through that excruciating pain once more. There's not a single chance I could ever let myself succumb to that blazing sting that came with every interaction this game offered. There's not a way.

It would actually kill me.

Zone 01: The Backwards Wood
Part D - Learning True Pain

Location: The Backwards Wood - The Pale Garden - Beauty's Edge

Objectives: Defeat all enemies!

Achievement: Save the injured player!

Music: Desperate Struggle

{T} {T} {T} {T} {-} {T} {T} {T} {T} A
{T} {T} {T} {-} { } {-} {T} {T} {T} B
{T} {T} {-} { } { } {X} {-} {T} {T} C
{T} {-} { } {D} { } {C} { } {-} {T} D
{-} { } { } { } { } { } { } { } {-} E
{ } { } { } { } { } { } {3} { } { } F
{ } { } { } {4} { } {L} { } { } { } G
{ } { } { } { } { } { } { } {5} { } H
{ } {1} { } { } { } {2} { } { } { } I
-1---2---3---4---5---6---7---8---9

Durn (Geomancer)
HP: 25 / 25
MP: 15 / 15
ATK: 5
DEF: 5
INT: 1
SPR: 2
MOVE: 3

Xenosaga (Assailant)
HP: 20 / 20
MP: 20 / 20
ATK: 7
DEF: 4
INT: 0
SPR: 3
MOVE: 4

Cerani (Swordsperson)
MP: 15 / 15
ATK: 8
DEF: 6
INT: 0
SPR: 1

Leon (Flame Channeler)
HP: 6 / 20
MP: 17 / 35
ATK: 0
DEF: 3
INT: 6
MOVE: 2

Corpse Flower (1)
HP: 12 / 15
MP: 30 / 30
ATK: 4
DEF: 2
INT: 4
MOVE: 1

Corpse Flower (2)
HP: 13 / 15

Corpse Flower (3)
HP: 9 / 15

Eyeris (4)
HP: 23 / 25
MP: 50 / 50
ATK: 1

Eyeris (5)
MP: 50 / 50

- (Cliffside)
[Indestructible]

Tree (Scenery)
HP: 10 / 10

Player Phase 1!
Durn
Durn
Hermit Sage
Hermit Sage

Back to top Go down

Post by Silver Sat Dec 01, 2012 4:15 pm

"Perfect." I affirmed with a nod before making my way over to the path out of the nest. Allindur had already started making his way down, and I certainly was not going to stay behind, even if Masq was still behind me. "Quite the situation we're in," I thought as I followed, "I wonder how we even stop playing..." The idea of not being able to quit out and being stuck here made me freeze immediately, but I forced myself to keep in line with my friend. They couldn't make a game that would trap the people who played it within. It was wrong. It was unthinkable. It was impossible.

. . .

Wasn't it?
Silver
Silver
Prince of Dreams
Prince of Dreams

https://www.facebook.com/pages/Xavier-Rains/314656341904106

Back to top Go down

Post by Durn Sat Dec 01, 2012 7:05 pm

Pushing themselves forward with only the force of sheer curiosity, astray in a land so foreign and unfamiliar, our second trio of adventures began their descent down the trunk of the hanging tree. Though it seemed wide and thick enough to support the weight of three heroes of average stature, the texture and shade of the tree appeared sickly, almost unwelcoming of the trio's presence.

They were exposed to the hungry gales of the void, which beckoned at their backs and sent chills of wind down their spines. The descent was long, filled with creaks and cracks, and snips and snaps of little branches falling down, and down, and down until the heroes couldn't see them anymore, swallowed by the bed of lavender trees below.

The tree had been wide enough for the party to quietly and consistently walk, on their own two feet, in a spiral fashion to the trunk's base. Early in their venture, however, the groaning winds melted into something far more malicious. The shambling and roaring of something particularly unfriendly grew louder and louder, and then another pair of hanging men fell from the skies and surrounded the party.

With them, rather than bats, were a pair of truly monstrous, eldritch creations. They were fairly resemblant of the hanging men, though they appeared far more gruesome. Their faces had been bashed inward, leaving nothing but a dark, bruised hole of fleshy skin behind. The lower-half of their ribcage had deteriorated, and along with it, the rest of their lower bodies, allowing small bits of rotting flesh to dangle and drip and drop toward the ground. From the tips of their broadshoulders, two pair of rusting chains held the abominations afloat.

Part E - How to Sense Pain

Location: The Backwards Wood - The Hanging Tree - Spiral Trunk

Achievement: --

{ } { } { } { } { } A
{ } {2} { } {3} { } B
{ } { } { } { } { } C
{ } { } { } { } { } D
{ } { } { } { } { } E
{ } { } { } { } { } F
{ } { } { } { } { } G
{ } {1} { } {4} { } H
{ } { } { } { } { } I
-1---2---3---4---5-

Hanging Man (1) [Float]
ATK: 3
DEF: 1
INT: 2

Hanging Man (2) [Float]

Lynched (3) [Float]
MP: 55 / 55

Lynched (4) [Float]

Characters may start in rows D-F!
Durn
Durn
Hermit Sage
Hermit Sage

Back to top Go down

Post by Silver Sat Dec 01, 2012 7:16 pm

Silver starts at E3!

Everything had been fine up until the point that more hanging men fell from the tree. I bristled immediately, but yelped when more terrible versions of them also appeared. "Fuck!" I exclaimed, my eyes tightly shut and my nails digging into my palms. "What the hell man?" I asked aloud, although not to anyone in the area. "What is with this place and things falling from the fucking ceiling? We're not in Legend of Zelda, damn it!" I continued ranting whilst stamping my foot on the ground.
Silver
Silver
Prince of Dreams
Prince of Dreams

https://www.facebook.com/pages/Xavier-Rains/314656341904106

Back to top Go down

Post by Allindur, the Lightfoot Sat Dec 01, 2012 7:48 pm

Allindur starts at D2.

I just kept descending, feeling the shivers down my spine, and gazing deeply at the void, while talking to my curret party members. Turns out they were really the guys from Eternal Dream. Was it luck, or did the game intentionally put us together? It was wired to our brains, it wasn't completely impossible for it to see we were somehow related.

I was enjoying the darkness all around me and thinking about those matters when more monsters came down. I was startled and took a step back, then smiled and pulled my sword from my back.

-Ok boys, leveling time!
Allindur, the Lightfoot
Allindur, the Lightfoot
Fleeting Dreamer
Fleeting Dreamer

Back to top Go down

Post by Vergil Sun Dec 02, 2012 8:08 pm

I nearly flinched as the mutant bug lunges at me with its scythe-like limbs; fortunately for me a raven dived at it and practically pecked out its eyes. I watched as the raven return to the side of its apparent owner... who had now assumed the form of some type of humanoid bird-beast. It somewhat reminded me of the Impundulu, the vampiric creature of South African lore. I assumed that thing was an ally, as it sicced the small raven at the mantis again, this time with a flock. After the attack, the giant bird reverted back into the form of a human.

I turned back to the mantis who was now disoriented and nearly exhausted; this was a screaming cue to stop watching and take advantage of this opportunity.

Vergil attacks Dream Mantis [4]. 4 Atk Dmg.

S-Ability Antagonist activates, damage increased by 30% of Vergil's SPR.

I struck the insect with the decorative sword and failed to inflict any physical wound. It still stood without a cut, bruise, or even a welt, however somehow I felt that I still had managed to hurt it, I just wasn't sure.

Simulacrum attacks Dream Mantis [4]. 4 Int Dmg.

S-Ability Antagonist activates, damage increased by 30% of Vergil's SPR

The figure of amorphous shadows followed up and cleaved into the mantis with its unusual weapon. Why did it seem that the most menacing beings right now were actually the most accommodating?
Vergil
Vergil
Void Sleeper
Void Sleeper

Back to top Go down

Post by Durn Mon Dec 03, 2012 9:40 am

Part C - The Trio at the Pond

Location: The Backwards Wood - The Pond of Selfish Desires - The Reflective Pool

Achievement: N/A

Background: It's Not All Fun and Games

{ } { } { } { } { } { } { } { } { } A
{ } { } { } { } { } { } { } { } { } B
{ } { } { } { } { } { } { } { } { } C
{ } { } { } { } { } { } { } { } { } D
{ } { } { } { } { } {2} { } { } { } E
{ } { } { } { } { } { } {3} { } { } F
{ } { } { } { } { } { } { } { } { } G
{ } { } { } {V} {4} { } {S} { } { } H
{ } { } { } { } { } { } {Z} { } {K} I

Dream Mantis (4) takes 6 damage! [Kuori]

Dream Mantis (4) evades status!

Lost Soul (1) takes 6 damage! PERFECT KILL!! [Zeri]

Lost Soul (3) takes 8 damage! [Zeri]

Dream Mantis (4) takes 3 damage! [Vergil]

Dream Mantis (4) takes 2 damage! [Simulacrum]

Neutral Phase 3!

N/A

Enemy Phase 3!

Lost Soul (2) moves to G6!

Lost Soul (2) attacks Zeri!

Zeri takes 2 damage!

Lost Soul (3) moves to G8!

Lost Soul (3) casts Unlucky Hex on Kuori! -8MP!

Kuori takes 2 damage!

Kuori evades status!

Dream Mantis (4) attacks Vergil!

Vergil takes 1 damage!

Calculation Phase 3!

Lol nothing

{ } { } { } { } { } { } { } { } { } E
{ } { } { } { } { } { } { } { } { } F
{ } { } { } { } { } {2} { } {3} { } G
{ } { } { } {V} {4} { } {S} { } { } H

Zeri (Novelist) [Haste - 1] [Misfortune - 2]
HP: 16 / 20
MP: 12 / 20
Int: 6
Spr: 3
Move: 2

Kuori (Self-Proclaimed Tactician)
MP: 16 / 30
INT: 5

Vergil (Thaumanaut) [Dark Weakness - 1]
HP: 7 / 20
MP: 8 / 20
SPR: 4

Simulacrum (Summon) [Magic Immune]
MP: 0 / 0
DEF: 0
SPR: 0

Lost Soul (1) [Perfect Kill]
HP: 0 / 15
MP: 35 / 35

Lost Soul (2) [Intangible]
HP: 15 / 15

Lost Soul (3) [Intangible]
HP: 7 / 15
MP: 19 / 35

Dream Mantis (4) [Blind - 1]
HP: 10 / 25
MP: 3 / 20

{ } = Pond Cell
- Passable
- +10% Water Element

Player Phase 4!
Durn
Durn
Hermit Sage
Hermit Sage

Back to top Go down

Post by Zerifachias Mon Dec 03, 2012 11:35 am

Current Basic Attack Damage Output: 160%

I stared blankly at the spirit that attacked me. I could feel pain this time around, but it was still minuscule. I didn't attack that soul though, it wasn't weakened by my own attacks, but the other one was. One more strike would finish it off, and if I targeted the weird praying mantis thing next, I'd be able to take it out. Calculations spun through my head as I raised the pen into the air. In the next instant, a goblet of ink shot out of my pen and pelted towards the weakened spirit like a bullet, puncturing through the ethereal body and evaporating it.

Zeri attacks Lost Soul [3]!

Zeri's S-Ability: I Have An Idea activates! Damage output is increased by 20%!

...11 Int DMG!

I turned only my head and my hand around, not moving from my seated position, to face the mantis. Someone else could deal with the spirit, right now I was more concerned with getting rid of as many enemies as possible this turn. It also seemed that the mantis was slightly weaker than before, though not in a physical sense. I quickly drew a spire of earth shooting up out of the ground to impale the mantis, and that is exactly what happened.

Zeri attacks Dream Mantis [4]!

Zeri's S-Ability: I Have An Idea activates! Damage output is increased by 20%!

...12 Int DMG!

Current Basic Attack Damage Output: 200%
Zerifachias
Zerifachias
Totes-Mcgoats
Totes-Mcgoats

Back to top Go down

Post by Xenosaga Mon Dec 03, 2012 1:31 pm

What was I supposed to do? What was I supposed to do?!

I don't know. I really don't know. But I knew one thing. I needed to suck it up and take it like a man. So what if this might be real? So what if there were these creepy ass tentacle monster plants? Who gave a fuck? Why should I give a fuck? This could be reality but it was a reality where I had power. I was doing shit I never could before!

"Okay, you little tentacle bastards!" I snapped, my fear dwindling as I allowed my anger to take hold of me. I was literally standing on the edge of a cliff. It was either fall and possibly die and fuck these shits up and seeing as how I planned to die at a ripe old age of ninety, I was not going to jump to my fucking death. "You might scare me but let me tell you this. I will fuck you up and cut you to goddamned pieces!"

[Xenosaga] moves to [E-7].

I was probably being reckless but I really didn't fucking give a shit. The adrenaline rush was back and the pain from my previous wounds was just adding fuel to the fire. Running past Cerani to the closest plant, I did not hesitate to puncture through it with my daggers, ignoring the ensuing gush of fluids that erupted from the thing. With gritted teeth and immense strength, I tore through it, ripping my weapons out to leave behind a gaping wound.

[Xenosaga] attacks Corpse Flower [3]. 7 ATK DMG. 2 hits.

"Get up, Durn," I demanded, my eyes sweeping over the air to land on my online friend. He was shaking and scared and I was too. But that was okay. Because even with this, everything was still the same. All that was added was something supernatural. Looking at my two companions, I breathed out. "So." I felt calm now that I had killed something. "Are we going to do this or not?"
Xenosaga
Xenosaga
Never Awaken
Never Awaken

Back to top Go down

Post by Kurio Mon Dec 03, 2012 4:08 pm

I stood staring in front of me while still trying to regain my composure after that experience as a giant bird monster. Not to mention trying to figure out what the heck just happened. All I knew was that Beatrice had something to do with it. While trying to sort things out I failed to notice one of the spirits casting some sort of a spell on me, and it hurt, quite a bit. Well good to know my body's still frail as a toothpick. At least that hasn't changed.

I turned my head to look at Beatrice, who was now once again perched upon my shoulder. He turned his head as well and met my eyes with a stare from those four red eyes of his. "I know what you're going to ask. Don't worry about it." the voice resounded through my head, "I will explain everything in time, for now I just ask you to trust me so I may help you get out of this place."

His words were strangely calming, and for whatever reason I nodded in response deciding to place my trust in this strange raven. I had no idea why I believed him, but I had the feeling that he harbored no ill will toward me. He wasn't trying to deceive me or anything, he seemed genuinely wanting to help. "Alright then, Beatrice attack!" I ordered yet again. And just like before Beatrice took off, somehow able to strike the spirit with his beak despite their ethereal form.

Kuori uses Raven Scout on Lost Soul (2). 5 INT Dmg. Chance of Blind
MP: 9/30
Kurio
Kurio
Masochistic Kitty Kat Maid

Back to top Go down

Post by Masquerade Mon Dec 03, 2012 4:51 pm

Masquerade starts at E4.

I followed the others down the trunk, our destinations the violet woods that rested at what was supposedly the base, but everything was so fucking topsy-turvy here that I had no idea where was which direction and I frankly didn't give a damn. My mouth stayed shut as we reached a certain point where our ears were bombarded by, not the sound of the wind, but by the groaning of terrors that wasted no time in showing themselves, descending from above and tethered to higher branches by their ropes with nooses around their necks. It was more hanged corpses, and a couple of them looked in far worse condition than the ones from before. I felt my breath catch in my throat and my stomach roiled and churned. There was nothing but sickness filling my being now, but I couldn't turn away. This was just a game. I kept trying to delude myself and that kept me occupied enough for me to conjure my needles, the things glowing with bright yellow energy as I readied myself for battle. My ears twitched slightly as I heard Allindur mention something about leveling up. That was an intriguing idea, and seemed to be a major goal of most MMOs--getting stronger by defeating mobs and gaining experience.

"If that's what we're doing, I guess that's what we're doing," I finally said, content with the idea for now. After all, it wasn't like we could progress; were were helplessly surrounded. The only option we really had was to fight our way out of the situation which would probably prove more beneficial to us than not.
Masquerade
Masquerade
Eternal Dreamer
Eternal Dreamer

https://eternaldream.forummotion.com

Back to top Go down

Post by Durn Mon Dec 03, 2012 4:54 pm

Part E - How to Sense Pain

Location: The Backwards Wood - The Hanging Tree - Spiral Trunk

{ } { } { } { } { } A
{ } {2} { } {3} { } B
{ } { } { } { } { } C
{ } {A} { } { } { } D
{ } { } {S} {M} { } E
{ } { } { } { } { } F
{ } { } { } { } { } G
{ } {1} { } {4} { } H
{ } { } { } { } { } I
-1---2---3---4---5-

Silver (Empath)
MP: 25 / 25

Masquerade (Seer of Hope)

Allindur (Shadow Walker)
MP: 25 / 25
SO: 0 / 10
ATK: 5

Hanging Man (1) [Float]

Hanging Man (2) [Float]

Lynched (3) [Float]

Lynched (4) [Float]

Player Phase 1!
Durn
Durn
Hermit Sage
Hermit Sage

Back to top Go down

Post by Vergil Tue Dec 04, 2012 10:36 pm

Looks like the creatures were being easily taken care of now. I observed as the guy with the pen conjure up attacks with simple writing gestures and skewering one of the ghosts and the mantis. That just left one remaining spirit that I was sure the rest of them could just as easily dispatch of it as well, and it's not like I'd be able to do anything to it anyway. I took a moment to catch my breath as the incorporeal being flew off towards the final enemy and struck it with its transmundane blade. This was turning out to be a more engaging game than I had expected, and I was more than relieved that this battle was nearly over.

Vergil waits.

Simulacrum moves to H-6.

Simulacrum attacks Lost Soul [2]. 4 Int Dmg.

S-Ability Antagonist activates, damage increased by 30% of Vergil's SPR
Vergil
Vergil
Void Sleeper
Void Sleeper

Back to top Go down

Post by Allindur, the Lightfoot Wed Dec 05, 2012 4:31 am

-I'm opening the fight! Silver, help me dispose of the old ones quickly!

I was just glad the bats weren't around this time. All would be easier without those nasty toxic bites. I gazed at a nearby Hanging Man(I had already informally named the thing), sunk into my own shadow, reapearing nearby it, it an upwards thrust.

-SHADOW JUMP!

It had been much faster and easier to use the attack this time, and I was not even dizzy or nauseated. It was all a matter of habbit, apparenty. I was still puzzled by what else I could possibly do.

I drew the blade from the morbid body and assumed a guard stance. This was just awesome...

Allindur uses Shadow Jump on Hanging Man(1)! 6 Atk Dmg!

Coalescent Shadows starts looking for shreds of darkness.
Allindur, the Lightfoot
Allindur, the Lightfoot
Fleeting Dreamer
Fleeting Dreamer

Back to top Go down

Post by Durn Wed Dec 05, 2012 9:26 pm

Location: The Backwards Wood - The Pond of Selfish Desires - The Reflective Pool

{ } { } { } { } { } {2} { } { } { } G
{ } { } { } {V} { } {S} { } { } { } H

Lost Soul (3) takes 9 damage! [Zeri]

Lost Soul (3) KO!!

Dream Mantis (4) takes 10 damage! [Zeri]

Dream Mantis (4) PERFECT KILL!!

Lost Soul (2) takes 3 damage! [Kuori]

Lost Soul (2) takes 3 damage! [Simulacrum]

Neutral Phase 4!

N/A

Enemy Phase 4!

Lost Soul (2) attacks Zeri!

Zeri takes 2 damage!

Calculation Phase 4!

Lol nothing

{ } { } { } { } { } {2} { } { } { } G

Zeri (Novelist) [Misfortune - 1]
HP: 14 / 20
MP: 12 / 20
Int: 6
Spr: 3
Move: 2

Kuori (Self-Proclaimed Tactician)
MP: 9 / 30

Vergil (Thaumanaut)
HP: 7 / 20
MP: 8 / 20

Simulacrum (Summon) [Magic Immune]
MP: 0 / 0
SPR: 0

Lost Soul (1) [Perfect Kill]

HP: 9 / 15

Lost Soul (3) [KO]
MP: 19 / 35

Dream Mantis (4) [Perfect Kill]
HP: 0 / 25
MP: 3 / 20

{ } = Pond Cell
- Passable
- +10% Water Element

Player Phase 5!
Durn
Durn
Hermit Sage
Hermit Sage

Back to top Go down

Post by Zerifachias Wed Dec 05, 2012 9:33 pm

Current Basic Attack Damage Output: 200%

"Lets see..." I started, counting numbers in my head. "If there's only one thing left here, then I guess that means we'll get some sort of experience screen when it dies?" I'm wondering about what happens after a battle ends. It's a little strange not to get immediate experience from anything that I killed, but I guess this is a different sort of game. Maybe the last hit on a monster doesn't get you any special bonuses. Well.

That's no fun at all.

I absentmindedly drew a large, uneven circle in the air, which manifested itself into the form of a large rock over the spirit's head. With a dull thud, the rock crushed the spirit and all it held dear. I couldn't help but chuckle at it. "I don't know about you two, but I've had a smashing time here today."

Zeri attacks Lost Spirit [2]!

Zeri's S-Ability: I Have An Idea activates! Damage output increased by 20%!

...13 Int DMG!
Zerifachias
Zerifachias
Totes-Mcgoats
Totes-Mcgoats

Back to top Go down

Post by Durn Wed Dec 05, 2012 9:50 pm

{ } { } { } { } { } { } { } { } { } G

Lost Soul (2) takes 11 damage! [Zeri]

Lost Soul (2) KO!!

- - - - -

All enemies have been defeated!

Part C: COMPLETE!!

Music
: Battle Complete

EXPERIENCE
:

+2 - Lost Soul PERFECT KILL x1
+2 - Lost Soul x2
+2 - Dream Mantis PERFECT KILL x1
+1 - Completed in 10 or less Player Phases
+1 - No Awakening Activated
+1 - No Items Used

TOTAL EXP: 9

Zeri: 0/10 ---> 9/10
Next Level: 9/10

Kuori: 0/10 ---> 9/10

Vergil: 0/10 ---> 9/10

SPIRIT FOUND: 140

ITEMS FOUND:

Lost Soul Loot:
- Forgotten Charm x2
- Silk Cloth x3

Dream Mantis Loot:
- Dark Fang x1

AFFINITY GAINED: 2

- - - - -

Will be updated soon~ Feel free to converse or whatever or junk~
Durn
Durn
Hermit Sage
Hermit Sage

Back to top Go down

Post by Cerani Thu Dec 06, 2012 10:43 am

Cerani moves to F-6.

I looked away from the poor guy to the flowers, finally noticing that they looked already damaged. This guy must've put up a fight before they trapped him. "Good for you, dude." I muttered. Better to go down fighting at least, I thought, a little impressed he'd decided to stay and fight outnumbered five to one. The absolute least we could do was save the guy. At Xeno's comment, I glanced back at Durn to see the guy on the verge of a panic. I knew that look. "No time like the present huh?"

There was never actually a good time to panic, but I thought it better to have it out now than halfway through. I moved up closer to the now dead plant, casting it a slightly grossed out frown but held my sword defensively, for what good it would do me against these things. The new flowers (as much as you could call them that) looked pretty damn gross anyway. I hoped they weren't like Eyebites. But, if I knew anything about games, then there were at least a few things I could expect about these. Most mobs with a visual focus on large eyes usually meant they had some kind of eye-beam attack, and they also usually had their weak spot in the same place. I had no idea if that was going to be the case here but there certainly couldn't be any harm in trying.

I pointed my dull sword at the closest one, nonverbally communicating my threat to it. "Watch for those guys. I think they might be magic users. Beam attacks and stuff."
Cerani
Cerani
Right Hand of Destruction
Right Hand of Destruction

Back to top Go down

Post by Durn Sat Dec 08, 2012 1:17 pm

Our final trio of heroes, who had exorcized an army of Lost Souls and a young Dream Mantis, had emerged victorious and unshaken. With very few moments of reprieve, the three continued onward, treading through the pond in search for a way out of the crater.

The three spotted a large, spiral tower which had collapsed against the crater's edge. Could they use it as a ramp upward? They quickly spotted an entrance and darted into the tower, in hopes of being able to trek through the ruinous tower without attracting another horde of undead beings. However, their hopes were not answered, as another trio of ghastly women materialized in front of them, accompanied by a pair of armored men.

However, there was something amiss. The duo of soldiers that had joined the souls in battle were not ghosts: they were alive, but something about them seemed so very distant. The words they spoke were not words, and their eyes, which shone through the slits of their helmets, gazed into an abyss not even the party could see. Could they have been players, maddened and bent by the endless hell they had unknowingly entered?

Part F - Alive

Location: The Backwards Wood - The Pond of Selfish Desires - Ruinous Path

{R} {R} { } { } { } A
{R} { } { } {R} { } B
{R} { } { } { } {R} C
{1} { } {2} {R} {3} D
{ } { } { } { } { } E
{R} {D} { } {W} {R} F
{ } { } { } { } {R} G
{ } {R} { } { } { } H
{ } { } { } { } { } I
-1---2---3---4---5-

Lost Soul (1) [Intangible]

Lost Soul (3) [Intangible]

Darys (Maddened Soldier)
HP: 30 / 30
ATK: 6

Waldracht (Maddened Soldier)
HP: 30 / 30
ATK: 6

Rock (Scenery)
SPR: 5

Characters may start in rows H-I!
Durn
Durn
Hermit Sage
Hermit Sage

Back to top Go down

Post by Zerifachias Sat Dec 08, 2012 7:30 pm

Zeri starts at I-2

"More?" I sigh, rolling my eyes. This was just getting out of hand, really. First we had to fight spirits and a mantis, and now we get to fight even more spirits and two armored things. I honestly couldn't care less about the significance behind their appearance. I like lore, but only for interesting games. Sure, this game was interesting as a concept, but so far it felt too easy. I can't be over-leveled, not yet at least. Being in a starting area had the advantage of being easy, even for the lower levels.

"Same thing as last time, gents," I say to my two companions, one of whom I knew was Kuori. The way he walked and talked confirmed my suspicions. The other one I didn't know, nor care to know. He didn't seem like much of a talker anyway, and I'm certainly not going to grant him my time if he doesn't grant me his.

When can we get this whole crappy thing over with, anyway?
Zerifachias
Zerifachias
Totes-Mcgoats
Totes-Mcgoats

Back to top Go down

Post by Vergil Sat Dec 08, 2012 10:23 pm

Vergil starts at H-1

"Until you call upon me again..." The ethereal familiar whispered as it faded away. I wasn't going to question what whole deal with that thing was, and instead I was just going to assume it was part of a repertoire of attacks I had in this game for now.
I decided to tag along with the other two through the tower, as it seemed to be the obvious way to advance. Neither of them seemed to try and press conversation out of me, which I was more than fine with. I was uncomfortable trying to force small talk with people I didn't know, and I didn't like saying more than I had to for my own reasons. I guess the only thing I speak to the most are my own thoughts. In my state of abstraction I almost didn't notice the approaching creatures that stood in our way.

From what I've assessed in the last battle, the one with the pen struck the heaviest out of all of us, and I wouldn't really object to him asserting himself as the leader in our impromptu clique. I glanced at my own shamsir's dull edge and chuckled a bit as I murmured to myself. "Heh... mightier than the sword." Both of my allies were capable of ranged attacks and I supposed I could stand in the way of the enemies as the others attack from a safe distance, but the problem with doing so is the fact that I'm not particularly tanky, not to mention I'd probably develop a pawn complex sooner or later. Then there are the enemies themselves. There are three more ghosts that I can't even touch, so me going after those are out of the question, and then there are the frighteningly powerful knight-like beings standing in the front.

They didn't seem to be monsters created by the game, but I could be wrong. They appeared to be talking, but not in any language I could recognize... perhaps... could they be players stuck in this game? It wasn't an absolutely crazy idea, and if that was the case then there's a chance they could be manipulated. One thing I learned from my brother is that if I can turn an opposition's teamwork into a competition, then their teamwork practically becomes non-existent. I just have to pick at their egos enough for something so far-fetched to work, and not only that, it means I'd have to talk to them.

...I just can't catch a break.
Vergil
Vergil
Void Sleeper
Void Sleeper

Back to top Go down

Post by Kurio Sun Dec 09, 2012 12:23 am

The time leading up to the second encounter was spent mostly in silence. No one, not even Beatrice whom I thought would have explained to me the situation I was in, spoke more than a few words. Since no one seemed to want to partake in any form of conversation, I decided to keep my mouth shut as well. Besides if Beatrice hasn't spoken about this yet maybe now wasn't the best time to ask. Though I did have myself try to remember to ask the raven companion of mine about this once we got out of this crater.

When more enemies showed up within the tower my mind quickly went to work. The spirits in the back I was getting familiar with, they didn't seem all that resilient to our attacks nor did they really show the capability to take hits. As opposed to them the soldiers that stood in our way seemed much tougher. Their armor told me that weapons won't be making their way through anytime soon, which was fine as my weapon was a fan anyway and I was fairly sure Beatrice could probably find an opening in the armor. However another problem was the lack of space in this area to maneuver around. Considering how scrawny I was I doubted I could take more than two or three hits from those soldiers. Perhaps I could take cover behind some of those rocks around, but then the soldiers would probably find me fairly easily. What to do, what to do?

"This could be problematic." I thought out loud, and Beatrice nodded in response.

Kuori starts at cell I-5
Kurio
Kurio

Back to top Go down

Post by Sponsored content

Sponsored content

Back to top Go down

Page 4 of 13 Previous  1, 2, 3, 4, 5 ... 11, 12, 13  Next