Eternal Dream
Would you like to react to this message? Create an account in a few clicks or log in to continue.

Chronicles of Karn

+2
Silver
Greycat
6 posters

Page 5 of 8 Previous  1, 2, 3, 4, 5, 6, 7, 8  Next

Go down

Chronicles of Karn - Page 5 Empty Re: Chronicles of Karn

Post by Shadow Wed Apr 21, 2010 8:13 pm

Vector put out his Dual Blade, he had lost all interest in the battle ever since the two girls had been literally massacred by the others. Nevertheless, he still had questions about... practically everything.
"Where are we, first of all?" Vector asked, intrigued.
This matter was something he did not realize until further in the confrontation. What if they would never be able to return to the real world?
Shadow
Shadow
Graced with Good Dreams
Graced with Good Dreams

Back to top Go down

Post by Masquerade Wed Apr 21, 2010 8:38 pm

Altima dismissed her sphere of light and looked around. She had forgotten about the two girls. And though she now listened to what they were saying, many questions flooded her mind. Where were they? And who was the Meddler, again? She couldn't remember at all. She wasn't worried though. It wasn't like she wasn't used to having a horrible memory. She would just let the others inquire the girls. Answers would get to her one way or another.
Masquerade
Masquerade
Eternal Dreamer
Eternal Dreamer

https://eternaldream.forummotion.com

Back to top Go down

Post by Greycat Wed Apr 21, 2010 8:57 pm

"Right now, we are in the middle of the Jabba forest, just off Jabba Island's north coast. This place it the Meddler shine, one of few in existence. Now that that has been explained," Sakurako said, as seriously as ever and a tad impatient, "Riko will take you all to town. She'll tell you more then. For now, I'll stay here and take my girls back after a little... re-education." She waved dismissively and ambled over to where her guild huddled in the bushes. Kai was sure he heard her mutter something like "lose to a bunch of amateurs huh?"

"Gather round everyone!" Riko called cheerfully. She raised a card, a blue one this time and called out, "Return to Orikville!" The card glowed and sphere of light enveloped them, teleporting them to the city she mentioned. She sighed satisfied. "Yes, it worked. I don't usually get the warp cards to work right, but it worked this time. Aren't I the best?"

"Wait, it doesn't usually work for you?" Kai asked.

"Anyway," Riko went on, "You guys need to get some shopping don't before anything else." She started leading to what she called the market district. "OK. The weapon shops over there, you can get Armour and a change of clothes in that store cheap, and oh hey, this place sells some interesting stuff, so it's worth a look."

Dervine Armoury; Orikville branch- A professional looking store with several branches across the nation, is was filled with neatly arranged rows stocked with various weapons and equipment. Several employees waited eagerly to help any customers.
Spoiler:

Tailor's Outfits- Cluttered but tidy, the little store was crammed between the armoury and a hardware. The only workers were Mr Tailor, his wife Mrs Tailor and their son Bob.
Spoiler:

Todds Odds and Ends- A few choice words described could this store; messy, cluttered, disorganized, random. But it did have some good stuff, once you got past the mess.
Spoiler:

Mathilia's Pharmaceuticals- One look and you think witch's hut. Musty, dark and smoky, strange herbs and items hung from the rafters and she covered several items whenever someone entered, eying them with distrust.
Spoiler:

Curious, Kai checked each store. He did find some things he liked, but before he bought anything, he sold some of the extra items they had picked up.

Kai sells;
Arm blade guard- 150 belli
Dual Knifes- 90 belli
Transparent claws- 80 belli

Total Money- 1745

His first stop was the armoury. The attendants sadly informed him that they lacked equipment for him, so he headed next door to Tailors. After a pleasant chat with Mrs Tailor, he left with a Battle Jacket.

Kai buys Battle Jacket (50 belli)!

His last stop was the odds and ends store. He had better luck there, scoring a weapon and a pair of decent armbands.

Kai buys Skull Rings (100 belli) and Black Armbands (60 belli)!

Money remaining- 1535 belli
Greycat
Greycat
Fleeting Dreamer
Fleeting Dreamer

http://avarkimu.canadian-forum.com

Back to top Go down

Post by Masquerade Wed Apr 21, 2010 9:07 pm

Altima made a quick sweep of the shops, for if she waited too long, surely she would forget about them. Her new purchases would greatly aid her in battle. The weapon shop produced a beautiful new sphere of light for her, and she found a simply delightful silk gown at the armor shop. What really caught her eye was a magnificent necklace made of brilliant gemstones. She quickly purchased it all, not caring in the least bit whether it made her look bad or not. She would forget all about it anyway.

Altima purchases Soft Light (100 belli), Silk Gown (60 belli), and Gemstone Necklace (60 belli)!

Total Cost: 220 belli

Money Remaining: 1315

Altima sells Dim Light, Royal Dress, and Ruby Choker!

Last edited by Masquerade on Wed Apr 21, 2010 9:33 pm; edited 1 time in total
Masquerade
Masquerade
Eternal Dreamer
Eternal Dreamer

Back to top Go down

Post by Silver Wed Apr 21, 2010 9:24 pm

Armanthia buys Nylon Thread, Frilled Dress, and Wyrm Teeth!
210 Belli lost!

Armanthia rushed around the shops, grabbing and paying for all the different items, her body a blur. Even when she finished, she had her arms covered with her previous equipment. She then rushed over to a counter to sell her old equipment.

Armanthia sells Cotton Strings, Pale Pink Dress, and Heart Pin!
Silver
Silver
Prince of Dreams
Prince of Dreams

https://www.facebook.com/pages/Xavier-Rains/314656341904106

Back to top Go down

Post by Shadow Wed Apr 21, 2010 9:28 pm

Vector, after inspecting every shop, concluded that there were actually a few pieces of equipment that would actually suit him. From Dervine Armory, he took two beautifully-formed blades which had their energy blades sparkling with a vivid yellow color. He also bought a small, square-shaped device that he didn't know what to do with until later on, when he bought a brand-new Armor Suit from Tailor's Outfits. This peculiar suit was granted with a special slot in which the Bio Enhancer fit in perfectly. Done with business, Vector stood and waited for others to finish as well.

Buyings

Twin Energy Blades --- 160 Belli
Armor Suit --- 80 Belli
Bio Enhancer --- 90 Belli

Total: -330 Belli

Money Remaining: 775 Belli

Sellings

Powerless Dual Blade
Used Armor Suit
Berserk Syringe
Shadow
Shadow
Graced with Good Dreams
Graced with Good Dreams

Back to top Go down

Post by Greycat Wed Apr 21, 2010 9:35 pm

Todd buys Cotton Strings (60), Heart Pin (50) and Berserk Syringe (30)!

Bob buys Pale Pink Dress (40)*blushing* and Used Armour Suit (50)

Dervine's Attendant buys Powerless Dual Blade (55) with a skeptical look.

Money Total- 1050
Greycat
Greycat
Fleeting Dreamer
Fleeting Dreamer

Back to top Go down

Post by Kurio Wed Apr 21, 2010 9:45 pm

Chillwhisper floated around the city, ignoring the strange and frightened looks everyone gave her. It wasn't common to see a ghost floating, especially in the middle of the day. She just floated into the Tailor store, and as usual the shop owners backed away at the sight of her. Chillwhisper saw a nice black dress that would look a bit better than hers at the moment, and the two clothing immediatly swapped, Chillwhisper now wore the black dress and set her old dress onto the counter with money to pay for the dress. When the shopkeeps gave her money for the old dress, Chillwhisper thanked them and floated though the closed door and toward another shop.

Lady Chillwhisper buys and equips Black Dress

Lady Chillwhisper sells Ghastly Dress

When Chillwhisper arrived at another shop, she sighed seeing how messy it was. Although, being a ghost helped this time, she gave the shopkeep the skull she carried, which had a creepy grin, and disappeared into the pile of junk. She was in there for a moment before floating out, with a necklace of fangs. She paid of them and go money for her skull before floatin back to rejoin the group.

Lady Chillwhisper buys and equips Wyrm Teeth

Lady Chillwhisper sells Fractured Skull
Kurio
Kurio
Masochistic Kitty Kat Maid

Back to top Go down

Post by Greycat Wed Apr 21, 2010 9:52 pm

Mrs Tailor buys Ghastly Dress (35 belli) while mumbling something about halloween!
Mr Tailor buys Ruby Choker (40) and Royal Dress (40)!

Dervine attendant buys Dim light (30) and hangs it in the back store room

Todd considers buying Fractured Skull... Todd offers 40 be... Mathillia rushes in and interrupts the transaction! Mathillia buys Fractured Skull for 68 belli while chuckling evilly!

Money remaining- 1133

Last edited by Zaneko on Wed Apr 21, 2010 10:13 pm; edited 1 time in total (Reason for editing : Altima's sales)
Greycat
Greycat
Fleeting Dreamer
Fleeting Dreamer

Back to top Go down

Post by Xenosaga Sat Apr 24, 2010 8:51 am

"Hm?" Grandpa Joe blinked wearily, looking around him. "Where'd everyone go?" Indeed, everyone had disappeared. Scratching his chin, he pondered. "Kids these days. They have so much energy." Shaking his head, he began to limp his way around the town with the use of his cane.

"Sir, are you alright?!" a voice suddenly cried and nearly having a heart attack, Grandpa Joe turned to where the speaker was. A fair young lady ran up to him, concern marring her facial features. "Would you like some help?" A warm feeling filled him at the concern and he smiled at the female.

"Ah, thank you kind lady," he said, bowing his head. "It's not often I find people as kind as you who would help an old man like me." The woman smiled, her features softening. "If possible, I apologize for taking up your time like this, could you help me purchase some items?"

"Of course!" she exclaimed, nothing but soft kindness and concern in her eyes. Carefully, she helped him make his way toward the shops, pointing out what each and every one of them sold. Grandpa Joe nodded as she spoke, asking her to retrieve something for him every now and then. The lady was more than happy to oblige. He handed her the belli needed for the purchases and she hurried off, buying what he needed and selling what he didn't. At one point, they had to borrow a changing room for his new clothing.

[Grandpa Joe] buys and equips Grandpapi's Belt and Tweed Sweater.
[Grandpa Joe] sells Old Cane and Woolen Sweater.

"Thank you again, kind lady," Grandpa Joe spoke as they continued to walk down the streets.

"Oh, it was my pleasure," the female quickly said, smiling.

"Well then, I suppose it's time for me to return to the children," the old man stated softly. "Someone has to look after them. Who knows what sorts of trouble they can get into." The lady laughed softly, nodding. "Have a good day now."

"You as well," she returned, waving as he began to walk away from her.
Xenosaga
Xenosaga
Never Awaken
Never Awaken

Back to top Go down

Post by Greycat Sat Apr 24, 2010 6:09 pm

Todd sells Grandpapi's belt (50). Todd buy's Old Cane (25 belli)
Mrs Tailor buys Old sweater (30 belli). Mrs Tailor sells Tweed Sweater (50 belli)
Total Money remaining- 1068

Kai met Grandpa Joe as he exited the shop with a slight scowl. "Got everything Gramps? We still have to wait for Rika to come back. Though I wouldn't be surprised if see decided to ditch us."

"Hey!" Rika complained as she ran up to them. She was panting heavily and a held an armload of scrolls to her chest. "I had these set aside for you guys and had to go pick them up." She huslted them into a nearby coffee shop and ordered some drinks (made them a tab for it) and started explaining.
"The major question you guys must have is what what excatly you're expected to do here,"Rika began. "The answer; I don't really know." Kai hit the table. "Hold on there! I said I don't really know, but I have an idea." She leaned in closer and unrolled a map. She pointed to the island in the center. "Rumors are going around that the seal around this land is breaking. No one really knows what's there, but known of the stories about it are good."

"So, we may be here to do something about that," Kai noted. "How do we get there?"

"Beats me." Rika shrugged.

"You are really annoying."

"Meanie!" she said, sticking out here tongue. "In any case, Jabba is the perfect place to find out information. Each country is noted for some skill or mastery. Jabba is known as the scholar Island; we have some of the worlds best libraries and archives. However, the information we need may be restricted."

"How do we get to it?"

"We either take it by force, in fact there's a law that allows that, or we get the necessary guild rank. I already registered you guys too, aren't I nice? :3"

Kai looked at the sheet she offered. It listed all six of them, their jobs and a guild name. "Odd Meddlers? What kinda name is that?"

"That's not important," Rika waved is a manner not unlike her sister's. "So, what are you going to do?"

-> Challenge the Library

-> Try for ranking
Greycat
Greycat
Fleeting Dreamer
Fleeting Dreamer

Back to top Go down

Post by Xenosaga Sun Apr 25, 2010 3:33 pm

"Ha? What'd you say?" Grandpa Joe put a hand to his ear. "I can't hear ya. You gotta speak a little louder." He suddenly frowned, pulling out one of his hearing aids. "Dang contraptions. They never work right." He squinted at the item in his hand, trying to figure out if there was anything wrong with it before stuffing it back in his ear. "Do what you want. I'm just an old man, after all."

Last edited by Xenosaga on Sun Apr 25, 2010 3:49 pm; edited 1 time in total
Xenosaga
Xenosaga
Never Awaken
Never Awaken

Back to top Go down

Post by Shadow Sun Apr 25, 2010 3:42 pm

Vector thought about it very carefully. If they would try to break into the library by force, subsequent trouble would arise, and perhaps they would be even arrested or something worse. So, the best option would be to try and rank up until they were granted the so-called special permission.

-> Try for ranking
Shadow
Shadow
Graced with Good Dreams
Graced with Good Dreams

Back to top Go down

Post by Masquerade Sun Apr 25, 2010 3:45 pm

Altima returned to where everyone was gathered. They were all going on about something having to do with some library or whatever. She just hummed a pleasant tune. The girl's last question confused her because she hadn't listened to the conversation. She just decided to copy Vector's answer. "Let's...umm....try for ranking," she spoke up with a playful smile.

> Try for ranking
Masquerade
Masquerade
Eternal Dreamer
Eternal Dreamer

Back to top Go down

Post by Silver Sun Apr 25, 2010 3:51 pm

"I don't believe it matters much..."

Armanthia chuckled a bit, her new threads starting to become coated in mana. They bounced limply, as if trying to sway like her strings had previously. But they fell as she brought her hand to her chin. She couldn't really make up her mind on that one.

"Either is fine with me..."
Silver
Silver
Prince of Dreams
Prince of Dreams

Back to top Go down

Post by Kurio Sun Apr 25, 2010 3:55 pm

Lady Chillwhisper also had no care what they did, but since two others are choosing to try to get the rank up, she would just go with them.

> Try for ranking
Kurio
Kurio

Back to top Go down

Post by Greycat Sun Apr 25, 2010 5:35 pm

~Chapter Two; Ranking~
Part One~ Demon Extermination
-Battle One-

"OK," Rika nodded. "Ranking it is!" She hastily gathered the papers and stuffed them into her waist bag. Ten minutes later, they were in the official guild hall, talking with the man on duty.

"Rank improving mission, was it?" he asked with a bored expression. "What time of increases do you need?"

"Ah, enough to access restricted level books in the archives," Kai replied. The man raised his brow.

"That is a lot of ranks to go through," he said thoguhtfully. "Let me see here, tetetetete....." he flipped through a stack behind his desk. "Ah, here we go. The shrine sage in Torre Village has reported a large increase in the amount of demons in the mountain area. They traced the source to one of the deeper crypt caves, but they have not been able to eradicate them. This is a challenging one. Several teams have failed to finish it. In fact, the reports indicate that a queen and even a lord might be present. Will you take it?"

"Wait, how far is Torre village?" Kai asked slowly.

"A warp key straight to the crypt is included in the mission request."

"We'll take it," Kai sighed. They were charged a fee for the mission; 450 belli and directed to the warp gate. Rika opened the gate for them using the key and wished them luck. A few moments of disorientation followed as they stepped through the gate before leaving them in front of the crypt's entrance. It appeared to have once been a natural cave, but the opening was extended and lined with pillars carved with ornate and arcane symbols. The whole atmosphere was foreboding, the ground and pillars marred with burns, deep gashes and, in some places, melted. After a moment of hesitation, the group ventured in. The deeper they when, the more obvious the presence of the demons became. The evening light from the opening was lost after the first bend, replaced with the glow from clumps of fungus that lined the wall. They came upon their first target at a junction of passages. The spider like creature hissed and roared, and was soon joined by others

-BATTLE INITIATED-
Music- https://www.youtube.com/watch?v=Bb4YB0ia46w

Objectives
~Defeat all enemies

{r} {r} { } { } {r} {r} {r} { } { } {r} {r} A
{r} {r} {R} { } {r} {r} {r} { } { } {r} {r} B
{r} {r} { } { } {r} {r} {r} { } { } {r} {r} C
{r} {r} { } { } {r} {r} {r} { } { } {r} {r} D
{r} {r} {b} { } { } { } {F} { } {s} {r} {r} E
{ } { } { } { } {s} { } { } { } { } { } {s} F
{ } { } { } { } { } { } {O} { } { } { } { } G
{r} {r} { } {A} { } { } { } {s} { } {r} {r} H
{r} {r} { } { } { } { } { } { } { } {r} {r} I
{r} {r} { } {r} { } { } { } {r} { } {r} {r} J
{r} {r} { } {r} {K} { } {s} {r} { } {r} {r} K
{r} {r} { } {r} { } { } { } {r} {H} {r} {r} L
{ } { } { } {r} { } { } { } {r} { } { } { } M
{ } {E} { } {r} {s} { } { } {r} { } { } { } N
-1---2---3---4---5---6---7---8---9--10---11

Starting cells- K5 - K6, L5 - L7, M5 - M7
{r}- rock wall (30 HP, 15 DEF/SPR)
{s}- stone (HP-20, DEF/SPR- 9, may drop items)
{b}- bag

Field special~
Crypt Tunnel- Crypt fiends +1 move

Kai
HP: 30/30
MP: 35/35
ATK: 7
DEF: 5
INT: 7
SPR: 6
Move: 3

Exon
HP: 25/25
MP: 40/40
ATK: 10
DEF: 7
INT: 1
SPR: 5
Move: 5

Hiju

Fanges

Ravan

Riip

Ord
Greycat
Greycat
Fleeting Dreamer
Fleeting Dreamer

Back to top Go down

Post by Silver Sun Apr 25, 2010 5:42 pm

Armanthia starts at M5!

Her threads now fully used to the mana surging through them moved rapidly as Armanthia's fingers glided through each other. They suddenly bounced towards an area past the rock. She smiled, one of these demons were about to fall under her control, permanently
Silver
Silver
Prince of Dreams
Prince of Dreams

Back to top Go down

Post by Shadow Sun Apr 25, 2010 6:01 pm

Vector starts at L6.
Shadow
Shadow
Graced with Good Dreams
Graced with Good Dreams

Back to top Go down

Post by Kurio Sun Apr 25, 2010 6:16 pm

Lady Chillwhisper starts at cell L-7
Kurio
Kurio

Back to top Go down

Post by Masquerade Sun Apr 25, 2010 6:27 pm

Altima starts at M6.

Altima gazed around. Suddenly, she was somewhere new. What strange methods of transportation they had in this world. What if she wanted to look at scenery as she traveled? I guess that would not be possible. As she was lost in her thoughts, she suddenly remembered that she and her allies were in danger and quickly summoned her new sphere of light.
Masquerade
Masquerade
Eternal Dreamer
Eternal Dreamer

Back to top Go down

Post by Xenosaga Sun Apr 25, 2010 6:31 pm

"Eh?" Grandpa Joe blinked rapidly, looking around in confusion. He scratched his head. "Where we at now? Are you just sending us anywhere? And what's with all these critters here?" The old man sighed, grumbling. "I'm just an old man. These things aren't for me, you know." He suddenly swayed. "Ooooo, that was one bumpy ride. I'm feeling a little woozy. Oh, where's my cane." He began looking around, seeming to have forgotten he had sold it in town.

[Grandpa Joe] starts at [M-7].
Xenosaga
Xenosaga
Never Awaken
Never Awaken

Back to top Go down

Post by Greycat Sun Apr 25, 2010 7:06 pm

~Chapter Two; Ranking~
Part One~ Demon Extermination
-Battle One-
Music-https://www.youtube.com/watch?v=Bb4YB0ia46w

Facts~
Spoiler:

~Damage Phase~

{r} {r} { } { } {r} {r} {r} { } { } {r} {r} A
{r} {r} {R} { } {r} {r} {r} { } { } {r} {r} B
{r} {r} { } { } {r} {r} {r} { } { } {r} {r} C
{r} {r} { } { } {r} {r} {r} { } { } {r} {r} D
{r} {r} {b} { } { } { } {F} { } {s} {r} {r} E
{ } { } { } { } {s} { } { } { } { } { } {s} F
{ } { } { } { } { } { } {O} { } { } { } { } G
{r} {r} { } {A} { } { } { } {s} { } {r} {r} H
{r} {r} { } { } { } { } { } { } { } {r} {r} I
{r} {r} { } {r} { } { } { } {r} { } {r} {r} J
{r} {r} { } {r} {K} { } {s} {r} { } {r} {r} K
{r} {r} { } {r} { } {V} {L} {r} {H} {r} {r} L
{ } { } { } {r} {R} {A} {J} {r} { } { } { } M
{ } {E} { } {r} {s} { } { } {r} { } { } { } N
-1---2---3---4---5---6---7---8---9--10---11

Enemy Phase 0

~Neutral Phase 1~

Kai
HP: 30/30
ATK: 7
INT: 7
SPR: 6

ARmanthia
Hp: 20/20
Mp: 35/35
Atk: 8
Def: 8
Int: 2
Spr: 8
Move: 2

Vector
HP: 40/40
MP: 25/25
ATK: 12
DEF: 9
INT: 2
SPR: 4

Altima
HP: 20/20
Atk: 3
Def: 6
Int: 12
Spr: 6

Lady
ATK: 4
DEF: 3
INT: 9
SPR: 8
Move: 4

Grandpa Joe
ATK: 8
INT: 4
SPR: 4
Move: 1

Exon

Hiju

Fanges

Ravan

Riip

Ord

~Player Phase One~

Kai moves to H5.
Kai cast Resolute! ATK and INT raised to 10!
Kai attacks Ravan! Two hits! 10 INT damage each!

Kai moved forward without waiting to see if his friends would follow. He clenched his fist, the new skull rings flashing ominously in the weak light. He scowled up at the savage thing's face and punched fist in the chest area then again under the chin. The beast roared and reared up on it's four back legs. Kai nodded. This might not be so hard after all.
Greycat
Greycat
Fleeting Dreamer
Fleeting Dreamer

Back to top Go down

Post by Silver Sun Apr 25, 2010 9:31 pm

(I believe you have Armanthia's Mp wrong. It's supposed to be 40/40...)

Armanthia
Mp: 40/40

Armanthia waits.

Her fingers still gliding inbetween her fingers, Armanthia pondered what she should do. She couldn't reach most of their foes without a basic attack. And her mind was focused on using her enemies against her. Deciding to let them come closer, she continued to stand where she was, her fingers continuing thier graceful movements.

Armanthia
Mp: 40/40

Last edited by SilverStorm on Tue Apr 27, 2010 3:15 pm; edited 1 time in total
Silver
Silver
Prince of Dreams
Prince of Dreams