Dragon's Nest

Page 11 of 11 Previous  1, 2, 3 ... 9, 10, 11

View previous topic View next topic Go down

Re: Dragon's Nest

Post by Silver on Tue Jan 01, 2013 4:39 pm

"Well, I can't say for certain. I'm not exactly from around here, per se. But that vampire, and the ones I've been after most recently stem from Edward. If she said she came from Edge, that's probably him; he's the only one able to create originals. As for how it all happens, I don't know–never been a bloodsucker. Frankly, I don't care about the how or why, I just want them gone." Marceline responded to the card mage with a nod, before turning her attention to Ariel. "Same to you." she again nodded to acknowledge the ranger's respect.

"Feel free to ask all the questions you like, I don't get them often." That was another fact of her life. She had never encountered many people like this group; most times she was asked to leave after the dirty work was said and done. No one liked to know or hear anything more than "Mission: Accomplished." Marceline smiled, listening to the girl's questions intently. "I'm a Slayer, that sort of thing comes with the position, I guess. I've just got a feel for this sort of thing–a sixth sense. I'd been following her for lord only knows how long. I've got you all to thank for slowing her down, would have taken me awhile to catch her otherwise."

She stopped to think about that last part for a second. They certainly had kept her mark preoccupied long enough for her to close the distance. And the fact that they had attracted her made them a possible asset. At the same time, it also made them possible victims. Marceline frowned mentally; she didn't like the idea of people being hurt, that went double for Mangix and his allies. Her mind was made up in a matter of seconds and she looked at each of them briefly, even the girl who hadn't spoken just yet. "I know this is sudden and that for most of you we've just met, but would you mind too terribly if I stuck around? I don't want you guys to have any more trouble with monsters like her, and this way you have another person to help with whatever the heck goes on in your travels. It'd be killing two birds with one stone. Wha'dya think?"

_________________

Silver
Prince of Dreams
Prince of Dreams

Posts : 9455
Join date : 2009-11-29
Age : 20
Location : I stand at a crossroads and stare at a question.

View user profile http://www.facebook.com/pages/Xavier-Rains/314656341904106

Back to top Go down

Re: Dragon's Nest

Post by Allindur, the Lightfoot on Tue Jan 01, 2013 4:49 pm

Well, she was a fighter, not a scholar. He should have figured. But, who knows, maybe he could get more interesting things from her.

-Well, I don't mind the company, but you will have to bear with my questions. Dissensions are always interesting things to come by, and, actually, they are the biggest part of my job, so I need to understand this one better.

Gladdos stoped for a moment and took a long, exagerated bow, the kind you see actors do after a performance.

-My name is Gladdos and I am a Dream Teller. Probably the only one in this world. Likely the only one in most of the nearby ones, too. It's a pleasure to meet you.

Finished the presentation, the mage decided to le the group talk to the newcomer as they may. He could resume the questioning later.

Allindur, the Lightfoot
Fleeting Dreamer
Fleeting Dreamer

Posts : 1147
Join date : 2012-05-05
Age : 24
Location : I was BORN to the stage, baby!

View user profile

Back to top Go down

Re: Dragon's Nest

Post by Xenosaga on Wed Jan 02, 2013 10:28 am

Okay, really, Xeno had absolutely no idea what was going on. First Random Girl B shows up, utterly annihilates Random Girl A (she never did figure out who the doll girl was) and then asks to join the party. Mangix may know the girl but, seriously, what the hell just happened? Also, decaying corpse is just ew, why did she have to see something like this, at least the bandits still had skin on them. Xeno relaxed when the staked body disappeared, she had been having a hard time looking away from it.

Still, totally awkward situation going on here. She had just joined, what, a few hours ago? And already there was a party member change. Okay, Xeno was probably better off not even thinking about it. Just pretend everything was a-okay. Because, seriously, if she thought about it too much, she was likely to go insane. Xeno choked on a snort when the new girl mentioned a vampire named Edward. Talk about a coincidence. Anyway, the question of whether or not the girl could join didn't really need her input so! Xeno decided to just stand there and read her weird-ass book.

Which was slowly getting weirder because, what happened to the pictures and illegible words? Why was there a picture of a sparkling Edward Cullens? Xeno furrowed her eyebrows and scrunched up her nose. Creepy.

Xenosaga
Never Awaken
Never Awaken

Posts : 8307
Join date : 2009-10-30
Age : 23
Location : Displaced

View user profile

Back to top Go down

Re: Dragon's Nest

Post by Kurio on Thu May 09, 2013 9:22 pm

With everything said and done and the group was just about to return the stolen supplies to the blacksmith they heard footsteps, quite a lot of footsteps in fact, approaching them. Moments later a group of men clad in armor bearing the insignia of red lotus came trudging up the mountain. They were a patrol group of the royal army, it seemed. However the party could not let their guard down as one of the soldiers spoke to another, who then nodded and each of them pointed their weapons at the group. "Bandits, we were too late to save your three victims." the one in the middle spoke up, obviously the leader of the group, "However we will make sure you never harm anyone again."

The soldiers raised their weapons and positioned themselves in formation, a confrontation would be unavoidable now. Although against trained military it was a tough call whether or not the group would emerge victorious as it had the past few engagements.

Quest 01-02
Location: Foot of Qingling Mountains
Objective: Route enemy OR Party members escape
Defeat: Party is defeated OR Fewer than 3 party members escape
Conditions: N/A

( ) ( ) ( ) ( ) ( ) ( ) ( ) ( ) ( ) A
( ) ( ) ( ) ( ) ( ) ( ) ( ) ( ) ( ) B
( ) ( ) ( ) ( ) ( ) ( ) ( ) ( ) ( ) C
( ) ( ) ( ) ( ) ( ) ( ) ( ) ( ) ( ) D
( ) ( ) ( ) ( ) ( ) ( ) ( ) ( ) ( ) E
( ) (Y) ( ) ( ) ( ) ( ) ( ) (S) ( ) F
( ) ( ) ( ) ( ) (H) ( ) ( ) ( ) ( ) G
( ) (X) ( ) ( ) ( ) ( ) ( ) (B) ( ) H
( ) ( ) ( ) ( ) ( ) ( ) ( ) ( ) ( ) I
-1---2---3---4---5---6---7---8---9


Spoiler:
Huangzhong (Guard Captain)

HP: 80/80
MP: 45/45
ATK: 12
DEF: 8
INT: 5
SPR: 7
Crit: 8%
Evd: 3%
Movement: 3

Yanjin (Recruit)

HP: 55/55
MP: 30/30
ATK: 10
DEF: 7
INT: 3
SPR: 6
Crit: 7%
Evd: 4%
Movement: 3

Shaoyin (Recruit)

HP: 55/55
MP: 30/30
ATK: 10
DEF: 7
INT: 3
SPR: 6
Crit: 7%
Evd: 4%
Movement: 3

Xioucai (Scholar)

HP: 35/35
MP: 65/65
ATK: 2
DEF: 5
INT: 11
SPR: 9
Crit: 6%
Evd: 6%
Movement: 2

Buoyan (Scholar)

HP: 35/35
MP: 65/65
ATK: 2
DEF: 5
INT: 11
SPR: 9
Crit: 6%
Evd: 6%
Movement: 2

( ) = Escape Zone
Trigger Command: Run! (Requires 2 Turns)

You may start in rows B-D, columns 4-6

Mangix starts at cell D-5

Looking back at the three bodies of the bandits Mangix let out a slight sigh. The royal army had mistaken them for bandits. Though he could hardly blame them. Except for himself they were all dressed rather oddly for people belonging to this region. Not to mention the three dead people a few feet behind them and add on the fact that they were found with goods stolen from the capital city it would be difficult to convince these soldiers otherwise.

"I hate to do this, but we've got two choices here. Neither of them are all that great." Mangix spoke to the rest of his group, "We can try to convince these guys after we've subdued them, or we could run and attempt to lose them through the mountains since I know this place like the back of my han- err paw. It's your call."

Kurio
Masochistic Kitty Kat Maid
Masochistic Kitty Kat Maid

Posts : 8939
Join date : 2009-10-30
Age : 21
Location : I dunno 3:

View user profile

Back to top Go down

Re: Dragon's Nest

Post by Allindur, the Lightfoot on Thu May 09, 2013 9:36 pm

Gladdos starts at cell B-5.

Gladdos took a look at the situation and glanced back at Mangix.

-Honestly, I'd rather not have a bounty on my head so soon after arriving, we should beat them down and try to talk some sense into them, but hey, I'm the outsider here, it's your call.

Allindur, the Lightfoot
Fleeting Dreamer
Fleeting Dreamer

Posts : 1147
Join date : 2012-05-05
Age : 24
Location : I was BORN to the stage, baby!

View user profile

Back to top Go down

Re: Dragon's Nest

Post by Xenosaga on Fri May 10, 2013 8:19 am

What, bandits? They were being mistaken for bandits now? Xeno pursed her lips, teeth almost grinding together. She wasn't sure how to feel about this new predicament. One thing was certain, however. She really didn't want to feel more pain. Maybe they could negotiate? Xeno sent a quick glance towards the bandits they had killed (that was a rather unpleasant thought, maybe she could pretend they were sleeping) before returning her gaze back to the soldiers.

Yeah, probably not.

But, really, she knew practically nothing about this world besides how Chinese it looked. At least, she thought it was Chinese. It would be so embarrassing if it turned out to be a combination of all the Eastern Asian countries. For now, Xeno decided to keep her mouth shut. She was good at that, especially since she still wasn't entirely comfortable with everybody here. Except maybe Orin but the dude offered to help her get home. How could she not like him?

Unless he was a creeper. Xeno raised her book in front of her face and then lowered it just enough to peek over the top at Orin. He didn't look like a creeper but it was a strange world out there. Nothing was as it seemed. Her eyes narrowed but then relaxed and let her arms drop. Now she was just being paranoid. Xeno propped the hardback volume back up and flipped the page. Oh hey, new diagrams! And probably new spells? Or just spell. She flipped another page. Yep, one new spell.

Cool.

[Xenosaga] starts at [B-4].

Xenosaga
Never Awaken
Never Awaken

Posts : 8307
Join date : 2009-10-30
Age : 23
Location : Displaced

View user profile

Back to top Go down

Re: Dragon's Nest

Post by Silver on Fri May 10, 2013 6:39 pm

Marceline starts at C5!

Silence proved to be compliance... although that seemed a rather moot point. Having some guards roll up and accuse them of being bandits seemed rather ridiculous. Did they even look like bandits? Marceline certainly did not think so, but she supposed it was an easy enough mistake. A poor mistake, but easy enough. "We can try talking to them, but something tells me it won't be that easy."

_________________

Silver
Prince of Dreams
Prince of Dreams

Posts : 9455
Join date : 2009-11-29
Age : 20
Location : I stand at a crossroads and stare at a question.

View user profile http://www.facebook.com/pages/Xavier-Rains/314656341904106

Back to top Go down

Re: Dragon's Nest

Post by Masquerade on Wed May 15, 2013 5:50 pm

Orin starts at B6.

Them? Bandits? Orin sighed in immense discontent, reaching behind him and retrieving his book. Idly, he took a spot near his allies and flipped the thing open, finding a page that he had read several times already. He was in dire need of some new reading material. Listening to everyone's input and considering the options himself, he figured there really was no point in trying to run away. It was a shame things had come to this, but if the fools standing before them were adamant in their accusations, then they would have sense knocked into them. Adrenaline still coursed through Orin's veins from the last encounter, not to mention he wasn't in the most splendid of moods. If these soldiers wanted to get a little roughed up than he would endeavor to make it so.

"I see we're taking a stand against them. Once we unleash an offensive, there's really no running away," Orin stated matter-of-factly, flipping the page of his book nonchalantly. Attacking and then running was probably about the worst thing they could do. It would raise so many more suspicions, not to mention it would mean they were so pathetic that they couldn't defeat these soldiers. Though it was an enticing thought to meet with Death again to try and pry whatever secrets the being held from him, Orin really was in no rush to fall so close to the abyss once more. Elisia would not have stood for it; he would not fall again.

_________________


*Thanks to Mayari for the wonderful avatar/signature combo

WhippedCreame wrote:oh god yes eat my spaghetti confetti

Masquerade
Eternal Dreamer
Eternal Dreamer

Posts : 16321
Join date : 2009-10-28
Age : 24
Location : Home or work. Or some post-apocalyptic dream.

View user profile http://eternaldream.forummotion.com

Back to top Go down

Re: Dragon's Nest

Post by Zerifachias on Fri Jun 07, 2013 3:35 pm

Ariel was offended. Did she give the appearance of a bandit to these soldiers? That was insulting and it infuriated her. But she quickly calmed herself and took on an air of peace. She agreed with Gladdos, beat them down and show them who the real bandits were. Well, even still, they had to be careful not to kill them. That would not look pleasant on her record.

"We just need to subdue them and tell them the truth, yeah?" Ariel sighed to herself, stringing her bow carefully as she prepared, yet again, for combat. "Well, I'll be sure to aim very carefully in that case. No aiming for their vitals, on a Ranger's honor."

Ariel starts in B-3.

Zerifachias
Totes-Mcgoats
Totes-Mcgoats

Posts : 16206
Join date : 2009-11-01
Age : 24
Location : Naletia

View user profile

Back to top Go down

Re: Dragon's Nest

Post by Kurio on Fri Jun 07, 2013 4:04 pm

Quest 01-02
Location: Foot of Qingling Mountains
Objective: Route enemy OR Party members escape
Defeat: Party is defeated OR Fewer than 3 party members escape
Conditions: N/A

( ) ( ) ( ) ( ) ( ) ( ) ( ) ( ) ( ) A
( ) ( ) (A) (X) (G) (O) ( ) ( ) ( ) B
( ) ( ) ( ) ( ) (R) ( ) ( ) ( ) ( ) C
( ) ( ) ( ) ( ) (M) ( ) ( ) ( ) ( ) D
( ) ( ) ( ) ( ) ( ) ( ) ( ) ( ) ( ) E
( ) (Y) ( ) ( ) ( ) ( ) ( ) (S) ( ) F
( ) ( ) ( ) ( ) (H) ( ) ( ) ( ) ( ) G
( ) (X) ( ) ( ) ( ) ( ) ( ) (B) ( ) H
( ) ( ) ( ) ( ) ( ) ( ) ( ) ( ) ( ) I
-1---2---3---4---5---6---7---8---9


Spoiler:
Mangix (Wandering Panda)

HP: 40/40
MP: 35/35
ATK: 11
DEF: 8
INT: 0
SPR: 7
Crit: 3%
Evd: 5%
Movement: 3

Ariel (Ranger)

HP: 40/40
MP: 30/30
ATK: 12
DEF: 7
INT: 1
SPR: 5
Crit: 4%
Evd: 4%
Movement: 4

Orin (Researcher)

HP: 25/25
MP: 40/40
ATK: 0
DEF: 7
INT: 12
SPR: 7
Crit: 5%
Evd: 3%
Movement: 2

Gladdos (Dream Teller)

HP: 25/25
MP: 53/53
ATK: 2
DEF: 6
INT: 12
SPR: 5
Crit: 4%
Evd: 3%
Movement: 2

MaRceline (Slayer)

HP: 20/20
MP: 20/20
ATK: 6
DEF: 5
INT: 0
SPR: 3
Crit: 4%
Evd: 24%
Movement: 4

Xenosaga (Not Even A Novice)

HP: 20/20
MP: 30/30
ATK: 2
DEF: 5
INT: 7
SPR: 4
Crit: 2%
Evd: 7%
Movement: 2

Huangzhong (Guard Captain)

HP: 80/80
MP: 45/45
ATK: 12
DEF: 8
INT: 5
SPR: 7
Crit: 8%
Evd: 3%
Movement: 3

Yanjin (Recruit)

HP: 55/55
MP: 30/30
ATK: 10
DEF: 7
INT: 3
SPR: 6
Crit: 7%
Evd: 4%
Movement: 3

Shaoyin (Recruit)

HP: 55/55
MP: 30/30
ATK: 10
DEF: 7
INT: 3
SPR: 6
Crit: 7%
Evd: 4%
Movement: 3

Xioucai (Scholar)

HP: 35/35
MP: 65/65
ATK: 2
DEF: 5
INT: 11
SPR: 9
Crit: 6%
Evd: 6%
Movement: 2

Buoyan (Scholar)

HP: 35/35
MP: 65/65
ATK: 2
DEF: 5
INT: 11
SPR: 9
Crit: 6%
Evd: 6%
Movement: 2

( ) = Escape Zone
Trigger Command: Run! (Requires 2 Turns)

Player Phase I

Mangix uses Take a Swig. 25% reduced damage
MP: 27/35

"Very well. We'll explain the situation once they're no longer trying to arrest us."

With that said Mangix grabbed hold of the keg of ale on his back and took a long drink. Considering how long the panda took drinking he must have emptied at least half of the keg. Wiping his mouth with a furry paw afterward Mangix let out a loud roar. He was visibly intoxicated as he approached the leader of the small band of soldiers, who did not at all appear fazed by Mangix's massive size.

Mangix moves to cell F-5

Kurio
Masochistic Kitty Kat Maid
Masochistic Kitty Kat Maid

Posts : 8939
Join date : 2009-10-30
Age : 21
Location : I dunno 3:

View user profile

Back to top Go down

Re: Dragon's Nest

Post by Xenosaga on Tue Jun 11, 2013 1:33 pm

Okay. Okay. She had this. She had like three spells in her arsenal. There were like four other people with her. She had, a fucking, book. That automatically made her a bit more awesome than she . . . wasn't. No, no, she was awesome! She could do this.

Xeno looked up at their adversaries. Like, really looked at them. Then she looked down at herself.

Yeah, she was so fucking screwed.

[Xenosaga] moves to [A-5].

"Um, Orin?" Xeno whispered over to the mage guy, carefully sneaking behind Gladdos and making her way over to her maybe friend? Yeah, she was pretty sure he was her friend. She really needed a friend anyway. Being alone in a random place was scary enough. "What should I do? I mean, I know I'm not good with battles. This is the second time I've been in one but it looks like I can actually do something." Xeno then grimaced as she remembered how the previous battle went. She was pretty sure she had some sort of shield that protected her against some damage but, man, that had hurt. She was pretty sure she couldn't take a lot of hits.

But seriously, being a deadweight would be so much worse. Which was why she was trying to get some advice from her only friend in the party. Well, she could probably be friends with the rest buuuuuuuut no. Not right now. Really, no.

Xenosaga
Never Awaken
Never Awaken

Posts : 8307
Join date : 2009-10-30
Age : 23
Location : Displaced

View user profile

Back to top Go down

Re: Dragon's Nest

Post by Zerifachias on Tue Jun 11, 2013 2:30 pm

Almost immediately after Ariel checked all of her equipment, to make sure everything was in order, she hurled herself forward, rolling over her shoulder until she was right up next to the soldier, or close by at least. Her bow was already drawn as she planted her foot firmly in the ground, her knee keeping her stable as Ariel took aim at the mage behind the soldier. Ariel fired the poison-coated arrow with deadly speed and accuracy, which seemed to be enough of a distraction to allow her to throw herself backwards, flipping onto her hands, then back on her feet in the same position she just left.

Ariel rolls forward to E-3 and links a basic attack on Xioucai! 12 Atk DMG! Chance of Poison!

Ariel's Evasion increases by 20%!

MP: 24/30

Ariel flips back to B-3

Zerifachias
Totes-Mcgoats
Totes-Mcgoats

Posts : 16206
Join date : 2009-11-01
Age : 24
Location : Naletia

View user profile

Back to top Go down

Re: Dragon's Nest

Post by Allindur, the Lightfoot on Thu Jun 13, 2013 7:02 pm

Gladdos doesn't bother moving. He knows exactly what he should do, and no movement was needed. He needed to turn tables, for these soldiers looked nothing like weaklings.

He calmly took a card and looked at it. The Chariot. Raising his hand, Gladdos summoned his circle, and proceeded to spin his card.

-The world spins and spins, and all that is up shall go down, and all that is down shall go up. No stone may be left unturned, no secret may be left unrevealed. The death of life and the life of death. Wheel of Seasons. First and Last Seals Broken. Stage Complete. The Broken Wheel: I command thee!

This time, nothing was created, but the entire magic circle became a huge carriage wheel, with glyphs along the edge, each glyph bearing a weird resemblance to each of the fighters, both allies and enemies of Gladdos. One even looked like the very Gladdos. The wheel started spinning, gaining more and more speed, until it came to a sudden stop, three glyphs lightened up. Then the wheel burst, and shadow and light hit.

Gladdos spins Deck of the Sun: The Chariot!


Gladdos uses Deck of the Sun: The Broken Wheel on three random units!


Affected allies are Hasted, chance os Slow on affected enemies!


MP: 27/53


Gladdos waits.

Allindur, the Lightfoot
Fleeting Dreamer
Fleeting Dreamer

Posts : 1147
Join date : 2012-05-05
Age : 24
Location : I was BORN to the stage, baby!

View user profile

Back to top Go down

Re: Dragon's Nest

Post by Sponsored content Today at 9:37 pm


Sponsored content


Back to top Go down

Page 11 of 11 Previous  1, 2, 3 ... 9, 10, 11

View previous topic View next topic Back to top

- Similar topics

 
Permissions in this forum:
You cannot reply to topics in this forum